New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 8 of 50 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516171833 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #211
    Bugbear in the Playground

Default Re: League of Legends XXIV: Today's Noob Strat, Tomorrow's New Meta

Quote Originally Posted by Daverin View Post
    To be honest, Teemo is, in fact, less annoying to me. Although mainly only because he doesn't actually do anything beyond early game/shrooms, whereas Shaco is obnoxious AND deadly.
    Sure, most Teemos turn out hilariously useless, but I've also played with/against some really mean Teemos. AP Teemo is ridiculous against disorganized opponents. Tanky AD Teemo is also bonkers in the right team comps (or should I say Team-o comps?).

And to be fair, I've seen just as many bad Shacos as bad Teemos. Both are a little trickly to play correctly.
    Awesome avatar by starwoof

2. - Top - End - #212
    Barbarian in the Playground

Flumph

Whenever I see an AP shaco I always expect to see, "I AM THE BOX GHOST!!" in chat like my one friend who plays him.

FEAR ME

3. - Top - End - #213

The problem with AP Shaco is if you keep an eye on him and don't walk into his nests of boxes, you can pretty much ignore him. Against less coordinated teams, though, he is pretty darn terrifying.

4. - Top - End - #214

Flumph

Quote Originally Posted by ArcanistSupreme View Post
    The problem with AP Shaco is if you keep an eye on him and don't walk into his nests of boxes, you can pretty much ignore him. Against less coordinated teams, though, he is pretty darn terrifying.
    Oh he's never really been a problem, but I always think AP Shaco is funny no matter what team he's on.

5. - Top - End - #215
    Troll in the Playground

Zombie

Quote Originally Posted by Daverin View Post
    To be honest, Teemo is, in fact, less annoying to me. Although mainly only because he doesn't actually do anything beyond early game/shrooms, whereas Shaco is obnoxious AND deadly.
    He's a really strong top laner against melee champions.

Sure, he isn't amazing in teamfights, so don't teamfight. Teleport/Flash, solo top, mushroom kingdom, harass and zone your enemy, shove their tower and only tp to fights when you have to.

Teemo is a good hero, especially in solo queue.

6. - Top - End - #216

Quote Originally Posted by toasty View Post
    He's a really strong top laner against melee champions.

Sure, he isn't amazing in teamfights, so don't teamfight. Teleport/Flash, solo top, mushroom kingdom, harass and zone your enemy, shove their tower and only tp to fights when you have to.

Teemo is a good hero, especially in solo queue.
    Teemo (Tanky AD Teemo) does just fine in team fights in the right comps. He was on the winning team at Dreamhack a couple of times. Kind of a niche champion, but he gets the job done when he's used right.

Also, teamfights will always happen, or you're going to be giving away towers/dragons/baron for free. And if you don't join in, the other team will gladly engage on a 5v4.

7. - Top - End - #217
    Troll in the Playground

Zombie

Also, teamfights will always happen, or you're going to be giving away towers/dragons/baron for free. And if you don't join in, the other team will gladly engage on a 5v4.
    You take teleport, you take top tower. There are ways to avoid teamfights. Heroes with low teamfight presence and high laning power are okay because if you get a kill in lane, the fact that you have low teamfight presence is okay because your opponent has less farm.

Teemo isn't the BEST hero out there, The Rain Man hasn't played him in a tournament since Dreamhack (I'm not sure why, I'm sure there is a reason), but he's still a fine hero, ESPECIALLY, in solo queue, where everything works if you know what you're doing.

8. - Top - End - #218

Quote Originally Posted by toasty View Post
    You take teleport, you take top tower. There are ways to avoid teamfights. Heroes with low teamfight presence and high laning power are okay because if you get a kill in lane, the fact that you have low teamfight presence is okay because your opponent has less farm.

Teemo isn't the BEST hero out there, The Rain Man hasn't played him in a tournament since Dreamhack (I'm not sure why, I'm sure there is a reason), but he's still a fine hero, ESPECIALLY, in solo queue, where everything works if you know what you're doing.
    I'll give you that. Eventually, you will have to engage in teamfights. But when played as you described and by avoiding early teamfights, you will be much better farmed thus able to contribute significantly to later teamfights.

9. - Top - End - #219

I'll grant, Teemo doesn't have to suck, even if everyone at my level wants to play him as such. Still doesn't annoy me as much as Shaco, currently. (Shaco has a movable stealth over Teemo's Camo, Boxes, and the clone of obnoxiousness. Even if what he does is ineffective, it remains annoying...)
    Awesome avatar by Abscondcrow

Spoiler
    Show
    Former awesome avatar by Zefir.

10. - Top - End - #220
    Ogre in the Playground

Holy crap. I stop reading the thread for a week and suddenly you go from page 35 of one thread, to page 8 of the next thread.
    Quote Originally Posted by Drager0 View Post
    MY LIFE IS RUINED FOREVER AND IT'S ALL BECAUSE OF YOU, VOLATAR!!!!
    My Twitter
    Awesome Yukari avatar by memnarch.

11. - Top - End - #221
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Volatar View Post
    Holy crap. I stop reading the thread for a week and suddenly you go from page 35 of one thread, to page 8 of the next thread.
    Must have been a slow week.
    I make avatars. Sometimes.
    Spoiler
    Show

12. - Top - End - #222
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Volatar View Post
    Yeah, it is moving pretty slow. I remmeber a time when you would miss two or three threads if you didn't read gitp for a whole week (not necessarily here, but around the forum).
    Spoiler
    Show

Spoiler
    Show

Homebrewing

13. - Top - End - #223
    Firbolg in the Playground

Teemo is one of the best characters in the game because he has such wonderful skins.

(actually it's because he can say "nnnnope" to the AD carry for three seconds, split pushes like nobody's business, mushrooms, mushrooms everywhere [free wards = less money wasted on lameo wards = more money for WIT'S END STACKING {or for cheapskate to win if you're more sensible than Wit's End Stacking}] and finally he has poison, which opens a whole host of opportunities for poisson/poison French Restaurant puns)
    BANG → !
    OH LOOK AT HER/.../YOU KNOW WHAT I MEAN/YOU KNOW WHAT I MEAN/YOU KNOW WHAT I MEAN MEAN/RICHARDS

14. - Top - End - #224

PaladinGuy

Is it just me, or does Graves enter god mode upon purchasing a second Doran's blade?

I love the champ, but I've only really had the opportunity to play him four times in actual games. In two of them, it was a pretty average laning experience, back and forth, eventually winning. In another two, we were definitely losing the lane until I went back and purchased a second Doran's blade, at which point somehow our opponents were doing no damage in their efforts to harass me and I was murdering them with impunity.

Fastest Carry Build ever? Perhaps.
    "We speak for the dead. We are all they have when the wicked steal their voice. But we do not owe them our lives."

Roy Montgomery, NYPD Sgt., Castle

15. - Top - End - #225

Quote Originally Posted by AtwasAwamps View Post
    Is it just me, or does Graves enter god mode upon purchasing a second Doran's blade?

I love the champ, but I've only really had the opportunity to play him four times in actual games. In two of them, it was a pretty average laning experience, back and forth, eventually winning. In another two, we were definitely losing the lane until I went back and purchased a second Doran's blade, at which point somehow our opponents were doing no damage in their efforts to harass me and I was murdering them with impunity.

Fastest Carry Build ever? Perhaps.
    Buckshot's AD ratio is kind of awesome. 0.8 on each pellet, yes, but if you clip an enemy with two or three at close range (right before you Quick Draw away) it turns into a 1.36 AD ratio. Oh, and it has pretty good base damage as well.
    Intelligence is knowing that a tomato is a fruit. Wisdom is knowing not to put tomato in fruit salad. Charisma is convincing someone it's a good idea anyways.

I am a 12/13/13/17/15/17 True Neutral Sorcerer2.

Tainted Bonds, a newly-created Touhou x D&D 3.5 CYOA. Just read these before posting anywhere. Talk about it here.

Awesome remastered ballista avatar by Savannah!

16. - Top - End - #226
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Geigan View Post
    Whenever I see an AP shaco I always expect to see, "I AM THE BOX GHOST!!" in chat like my one friend who plays him.

FEAR ME
    BEWARE!!!

My own webcomic. Idiosyncrasy.
    Paladin Academy: Chapter 2 Part 28

17. - Top - End - #227

Quote Originally Posted by Dogmantra View Post
    Teemo is one of the best characters in the game because he has such wonderful skins.
    I can't decide if Astronaut Teemo or Gentleman Cho'gath is the best skin in the game. Cottontail Teemo is also definitely in the top ten.

18. - Top - End - #228
    Troll in the Playground

I can't decide if Astronaut Teemo or Gentleman Cho'gath is the best skin in the game. Cottontail Teemo is also definitely in the top ten.
    As an Asian-American, Lion Dance Kog'Maw will always have a soft spot in my heart.

Amumu has some of the best skins in the game. Little Knight Amumu's my favorite.

The skin that saddens me the most is Reverse Annie. Such a great skin idea, not as cute as I thought it would be :(
    Last edited by Joran; 2011-10-21 at 12:22 PM.

19. - Top - End - #229

Quote Originally Posted by Joran View Post
    As an Asian-American, Lion Dance Kog'Maw will always have a soft spot in my heart.

Amumu has some of the best skins in the game.

The skin that saddens me the most is Reverse Annie. Such a great skin idea, not as cute as I thought it would be :(
    I've always been partial to Surgeon Shen and Kennen, M.D. myself. Then again... knowing my background...

Besides, Surgeon Shen teleporting onto and saving a teammate always makes me chuckle. Something about medical scrubs is just too funny on a ninja.
    Intelligence is knowing that a tomato is a fruit. Wisdom is knowing not to put tomato in fruit salad. Charisma is convincing someone it's a good idea anyways.

I am a 12/13/13/17/15/17 True Neutral Sorcerer2.

Tainted Bonds, a newly-created Touhou x D&D 3.5 CYOA. Just read these before posting anywhere. Talk about it here.

Awesome remastered ballista avatar by Savannah!

20. - Top - End - #230

You seem to have mis-spelt Explorezreal.

Three times.
    BANG → !
    OH LOOK AT HER/.../YOU KNOW WHAT I MEAN/YOU KNOW WHAT I MEAN/YOU KNOW WHAT I MEAN MEAN/RICHARDS

21. - Top - End - #231
    Troll in the Playground

Zombie

Guys, the best skin is Feral Warwick.

Knight Amumu is pretty cool to though.

All this talk about teemo makes me want to play him. Dammit.

22. - Top - End - #232
    Ettin in the Playground

I'm an unintentionally cheap guy: I only like the original art of Malzahar and Skarner (although, I do like the idea of armored voidlings in his overlord skin ). I also like Singed's original skin more than the others (though I do like the hair on Alchemist Singed or whatever it's called), and I liked Xerath's Runebork skin back when it had blue particles.
    I've started streaming again.

78% of DM's started their first campaign in a tavern. If you're one of the 22% that didn't, copy and paste this into your signature.

I started my first campaign outside of an abandoned mine, just as soon as a meteor storm from the moon hits.

23. - Top - End - #233

Gentleman Cho. By a long shot. Otherwise, why would I buy him? ^.~

24. - Top - End - #234
    Troll in the Playground

I agree Gentleman Cho is probably the best skin currently out there. Riot Singed is very cool too in my book. As is Commando Jarvan. It's M. Bison by way of Unreal Tournament.
    Truth resists simplicity.

25. - Top - End - #235
    Colossus in the Playground

Mundo orchestrated a hostile takeover on the title of "best skin" long ago. Doesn't matter if it's impossible, Mundo does what he pleases.
    Campaign Journal: Uncovering the Lost World - A Player's Diary in Low-Magic D&D (Latest Update: 8.3.2014)
    Being Bane: A Guide to Barbarians Cracking Small Men - Ever Been Angry?! Then this is for you!
    SRD Averages - An aggregation of all the key stats of all the monster entries on SRD arranged by CR.

26. - Top - End - #236

Quote Originally Posted by Eldariel View Post
    Mundo orchestrated a hostile takeover on the title of "best skin" long ago. Doesn't matter if it's impossible, Mundo does what he pleases.
    Gotta go with Eld on this one. So many awesome skins, but Corporate Mundo takes the cake. And the company.
    Awesome avatar by Abscondcrow

Spoiler
    Show
    Former awesome avatar by Zefir.

27. - Top - End - #237
    Titan in the Playground

You seem to have mis-spelt Frosted Ezreal.

Three times.
    Fixed that for you, honey.
    Recent Homebrew: The Socialite | The Crystalline: Memory Altering Construct Race | Sanguine Hand, a ToB Discipline of blood and cruelty
    Homebrew Signature | NEW Homebrew Collection
    Thanks to all my avatar artists, especially to Paisley for my avatar of Vivian, cowardly cryophoenix.
    Quote Originally Posted by Thanqol View Post
    It's like the feng shui version of an orbital death laser.

28. - Top - End - #238

Quote Originally Posted by Lix Lorn View Post
    I never did teach you how to type properly, did I sweetie?

BANG → !

29. - Top - End - #239
    Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Lix Lorn View Post
    /agreed. One of the few skins I've considered buying. But Dog and I have already had this conversation. :J

~

30. - Top - End - #240
    Titan in the Playground

I never did teach you how to type properly, did I sweetie?

You didn't have to, I knew.

Quote Originally Posted by AThousandWords View Post
    /agreed. One of the few skins I've considered buying. But Dog and I have already had this conversation. :J

~
    It's hard being Frosted Ezreal. It's hard and nobody understands.

In other news, I played a normal game and carried the game! Annie, 5/1/3, killed who knows how many turrets, had friendly conversation with the Morgana I obliterated repeatedly, and caused a surrender at 25 mins with 7 towers down to none.
    Recent Homebrew: The Socialite | The Crystalline: Memory Altering Construct Race | Sanguine Hand, a ToB Discipline of blood and cruelty
    Homebrew Signature | NEW Homebrew Collection
    Thanks to all my avatar artists, especially to Paisley for my avatar of Vivian, cowardly cryophoenix.
    Quote Originally Posted by Thanqol View Post
    It's like the feng shui version of an orbital death laser.