New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 9 of 50 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617181934 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #241
    Bugbear in the Playground

Default Re: League of Legends XXIV: Today's Noob Strat, Tomorrow's New Meta

Talon getting his mana regen cut almost in half hurts. Hurts real bad.

I had to get a Philostone, but then I turned it into a Shurelia's and used it + Ghostblade to enter Sprint Mode.

"I guess I just can't exhaust Talon... wtf..."
    "I have Sprint."
    -\==/-
    I always ask a big question on the League thread right before bedtime so I have something to read while trying to wake up.
    Responses of any sort are wonderful.

Spoiler
    Show
    I like coming up with concepts for characters, and will do so often. But writing up crunch, especially for anything that isn't level 1, takes me a while, and after wasting lots of time writing unused characters on Mythweavers, I generally don't make a sheet unless a DM really likes the concept. Sorry.

2. - Top - End - #242
    Troll in the Playground

Zombie

Quote Originally Posted by Maeglin_Dubh View Post
    Talon getting his mana regen cut almost in half hurts. Hurts real bad.

I had to get a Philostone, but then I turned it into a Shurelia's and used it + Ghostblade to enter Sprint Mode.

"I guess I just can't exhaust Talon... wtf..."
    "I have Sprint."
    Really?

All the talons i played with destroyed people.

Though, maybe it was the Fiddle+Talon+morgana+Taric combo...

3. - Top - End - #243

Quote Originally Posted by toasty View Post
    Really?

All the talons i played with destroyed people.

Though, maybe it was the Fiddle+Talon+morgana+Taric combo...
    I guess I should say hurts his early lane. I still destroyed people (10/2/10), but it was inconvenient to get started.
    Last edited by Maeglin_Dubh; 2011-10-21 at 04:42 PM.
    -\==/-
    I always ask a big question on the League thread right before bedtime so I have something to read while trying to wake up.
    Responses of any sort are wonderful.

Spoiler
    Show
    I like coming up with concepts for characters, and will do so often. But writing up crunch, especially for anything that isn't level 1, takes me a while, and after wasting lots of time writing unused characters on Mythweavers, I generally don't make a sheet unless a DM really likes the concept. Sorry.

4. - Top - End - #244
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Maeglin_Dubh View Post
    I guess I should say hurts his early lane. I still destroyed people (10/2/10), but it was inconvenient to get started.
    God forbid an assasin who is also good at pushing should have to manage their mana in the early laning phase.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Herman View Post
    I just found a dead cat in my quern. I guess someone was trying to make cat bread.
    Props go out to kwarkpudding for the awesome avatar!

5. - Top - End - #245
    Ettin in the Playground

In their defense, people got really coddled by his humongous regens.

Hell, it is surprising that they were left as they were for as long as they did (10 mana regen at level one, wat).
    Spoiler
    Show

Spoiler
    Show

Homebrewing

6. - Top - End - #246
    Troll in the Playground

Zombie

Quote Originally Posted by tribble View Post
    God forbid an assasin who is also good at pushing should have to manage their mana in the early laning phase.
    people don't like Assassins in solo queue. Kassadin received what seem to me token buffs (buffs, but not enough to make a difference) and suddenly everyone is playing him again. And you know what? I'm banning him. Not because he's good, but because in solo queue, an 3-0-0 Kassadin is godmode.

7. - Top - End - #247

As always, I am late to the party, but Definitely Not Blitzcrank has the best skin, and better yet, it's his default!

8. - Top - End - #248
    Titan in the Playground

So, I bought renekton awhile ago and just didn't seem to know how to play him well. It hit me just now to do Trimogs Impaler on him. It worked beautifully!

Spoiler
    Show

I also witnessed first hand how scary Skarner is now.
    My own webcomic. Idiosyncrasy.
    Paladin Academy: Chapter 2 Part 28

9. - Top - End - #249
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Silverraptor View Post
    I also witnessed first hand how scary Skarner is now.
    I approve of this message.
    I've started streaming again.

78% of DM's started their first campaign in a tavern. If you're one of the 22% that didn't, copy and paste this into your signature.

I started my first campaign outside of an abandoned mine, just as soon as a meteor storm from the moon hits.

10. - Top - End - #250

Quote Originally Posted by Silverraptor View Post
    So, I bought renekton awhile ago and just didn't seem to know how to play him well. It hit me just now to do Trimogs Impaler on him. It worked beautifully!
    I like playing him on Twisted Treeline. Wriggles, CD boots, Ghostblade, Spirit Visage, Sunfire or Frozen Mallet, Last Whisper, GG. Mostly cheap, and unless the other team gets super fed you will roll over the top of them consistently throughout the game.
    Awesome avatar by starwoof

11. - Top - End - #251
    Ettin in the Playground

Yeah. Being able to spam Crystal Slash like there is no tomorrow, that little bit of extra oomph on his attack speed and Fracture finally not being counter-intuitive in lane* (seriously, the bloody thing encouraged you to not last hit with it. >_>) did wonders for him, just feels much better to play now.

*Draken is not a very good jungler, not the type who go and get their ass executed by creeps, just poor at the ganking part.
    Spoiler
    Show

Spoiler
    Show

Homebrewing

12. - Top - End - #252
    Troll in the Playground

Zombie

So, I've decided I really need to learn some mages. However, I apparently SUCK at laning middle. I'm fine after the laning phase. I mean, my play isn't perfect, but its acceptable for my skill level. Yet today I was outlaned by Ashe as Gragas.

What do I do to improve my laning as a mage?

13. - Top - End - #253
    Ogre in the Playground

So, I've decided I really need to learn some mages. However, I apparently SUCK at laning middle. I'm fine after the laning phase. I mean, my play isn't perfect, but its acceptable for my skill level. Yet today I was outlaned by Ashe as Gragas.

depends on the mage honestly.
    Rule of Cool former designer

Games I'm playing: League of Legends, Mechwarrior Online

14. - Top - End - #254
    Ettin in the Playground

That is a hard question. Can you identify what the problems were? Poor sustaining? Missed spells? Low AP? From my experience (of being on the other side >_>), Gragas wins lanes by having lots of AP early and having scary burst on his barrels as well as regenerating nonstop with his drunken rage.
    Spoiler
    Show

Spoiler
    Show

Homebrewing

15. - Top - End - #255
    Troll in the Playground

Zombie

Quote Originally Posted by Draken View Post
    That is a hard question. Can you identify what the problems were? Poor sustaining? Missed spells? Low AP? From my experience (of being on the other side >_>), Gragas wins lanes by having lots of AP early and having scary burst on his barrels as well as regenerating nonstop with his drunken rage.
    I lose my lane.

I have less health, less CS, less kills and less towers (LOL) against other mid laners.

This doesn't help when I know how to lane top. I try to trade harass and it doens't work, then Ashe zones me with contast slowing and I miss CS. >_>

Edit: the three matchups i did today were:

A) Zilean vs Cass (I admit, this is bad no matter how it goes, but I really fed her far to much

B) Ryze v Brand (... yeah, again, bad. I did okay, but it would have been better if I knew what I was doing)

C) Gragas v Ashe (this was an ashe that was actually good and knew what she was doing, I didn't. It showed).
    Last edited by toasty; 2011-10-21 at 10:59 PM.

16. - Top - End - #256
    Ettin in the Playground

Losing your lane is the terminal stage, low health, low cs, low kills and low towers are the symptoms of the disease. I wanted to know the agents.

In your gragas vs Ashe. Barrels outrange Ashe and at... Some rank (dunno, don't play gragas) they one-shot ranged minions.

What was your runepage, starting item, masteries and most importantly, what did you do? From experience, Gragas' just sit back and chuck barrels until the feel like using drunken rage to regain mana (and health, yay healing passive...). And then when they feel sure of the kill, they belly-flop in.

Were you missing barrels? Were you trying to melee? Did you stick too close while drinking and let her take free shots?

Against Cass... My usual answer is to go boots first, helps dodge her poisons, which in turn kills her harass. I have only ever faced two or three Cassiopeias in mid, however, so no clue there.

Not much that can be said about Brand, I only ever recall fighting brands as champions that are bad against him or as... Brand.
    Spoiler
    Show

Spoiler
    Show

Homebrewing

17. - Top - End - #257
    Banned

I lose my lane.

I have less health, less CS, less kills and less towers (LOL) against other mid laners.

This doesn't help when I know how to lane top. I try to trade harass and it doens't work, then Ashe zones me with contast slowing and I miss CS. >_>

Edit: the three matchups i did today were:

A) Zilean vs Cass (I admit, this is bad no matter how it goes, but I really fed her far to much

B) Ryze v Brand (... yeah, again, bad. I did okay, but it would have been better if I knew what I was doing)

C) Gragas v Ashe (this was an ashe that was actually good and knew what she was doing, I didn't. It showed).
    Lane mid is totally different playstyle from bruiser vs. bruiser top. Only real solution is to keep doing it until you figure it out. For most mid lane matchups (mage vs. mage), the trick is about landing your combo while avoiding theirs with positioning/dodging/etc. For Zilean vs. Cass, this means boots to avoid her skills while you land your QWQ, and later you dodge with alt-E. Ryze vs. mage is always tricky because his CC doesn't stop them from casting, but because your cooldowns are so short you can usually get in free harass after a trade; take advantage of that. For mage vs. AD carry, you want to get some farm on, get a few levels, and then combo them down; this is superior to trading harass with sustained damage champions. Gragas can't beat Ashe in lane at level 1, but he can farm at range with barrels and level up to the point where Ashe can't stay in lane for fear of getting bursted.
    Last edited by Math_Mage; 2011-10-22 at 05:18 AM.

18. - Top - End - #258
    Barbarian in the Playground

Zombie

people don't like Assassins in solo queue. Kassadin received what seem to me token buffs (buffs, but not enough to make a difference) and suddenly everyone is playing him again. And you know what? I'm banning him. Not because he's good, but because in solo queue, an 3-0-0 Kassadin is godmode.
    I disagree that those buffs didn't make a difference. Especially the projectile speed on Null Sphere was really important for him. Before the buffs an enemy mage with sufficient range could easily hit Kassadin with two spells while while that thing was still flying, giving Kassadin often the short end of the stick in a harrasment trade.

Increasing that projecitle speed has made his laning a lot easier.
    Steam name: [GitP]Ceruton

That is all.

19. - Top - End - #259
    Ogre in the Playground

I have been waiting in queue for nearly 25 minutes.

WHAT IS THIS MADNESS?!
    Witness my glory and know that when my darkness fades, if you yet live, it is because an ally does not.

AN EMPTY SPOT WITHIN MY CRAW CRAVES YOUR FLESH, YOUR BONES BLED RAW!
    YOUR FEAR! YOUR FEAR! SO SWEET! SO STRONG! TO TEASE MY TONGUE, YOUR LIVES ARE GONE!
    YOUR ODDS UNFAVORED, MY WEB TOO STRONG! SPEED WON'T NEGATE A LINE STEPPED WRONG!
    YOU DARE? DARE SMITE THIS AWESOME BEAST? YOUR FATES ARE SEALED AS MY NEXT FEAST!
    HEED THIS BECK AND HEAR THIS CALL! FIGHT ME STILL, YOUR WILLS SHALL FALL!

20. - Top - End - #260
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Daverin View Post
    To be honest, Teemo is, in fact, less annoying to me. Although mainly only because he doesn't actually do anything beyond early game/shrooms, whereas Shaco is obnoxious AND deadly.
    If a teemo knows where to put his shrooms, they can be just as deadly as they are obnoxious.
    Thanks to Linklele for my new avatar!
    If i had superpowers. I would go to conventions dressed as myself, and see if i got complimented on my authenticity.

21. - Top - End - #261
    Colossus in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Moonshadow View Post
    I have been waiting in queue for nearly 25 minutes.

WHAT IS THIS MADNESS?!
    What are you queuing for? I just had a 1 hour 30 min queue for Dominion Draft.
    Campaign Journal: Uncovering the Lost World - A Player's Diary in Low-Magic D&D (Latest Update: 8.3.2014)
    Being Bane: A Guide to Barbarians Cracking Small Men - Ever Been Angry?! Then this is for you!
    SRD Averages - An aggregation of all the key stats of all the monster entries on SRD arranged by CR.

22. - Top - End - #262
    Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Ziren View Post
    I disagree that those buffs didn't make a difference. Especially the projectile speed on Null Sphere was really important for him. Before the buffs an enemy mage with sufficient range could easily hit Kassadin with two spells while while that thing was still flying, giving Kassadin often the short end of the stick in a harrasment trade.

Increasing that projecitle speed has made his laning a lot easier.
    FWIW, I just laned against Kassadin with Urgot and completely shut him down, despite that Urgot does most of his damage with abilities. I didn't notice the projectile speed difference significantly affecting my ability to get off harass before it landed. It might improve his mirror match a little, but it won't really help him in the counter-lanes.
    Last edited by Math_Mage; 2011-10-22 at 05:30 AM.

23. - Top - End - #263
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Eldariel View Post
    What are you queuing for? I just had a 1 hour 30 min queue for Dominion Draft.
    Dominion non draft. I gave up and played Bots instead. And man... Dominion has spoiled me with its passive mana regen ;-;
    Witness my glory and know that when my darkness fades, if you yet live, it is because an ally does not.

AN EMPTY SPOT WITHIN MY CRAW CRAVES YOUR FLESH, YOUR BONES BLED RAW!
    YOUR FEAR! YOUR FEAR! SO SWEET! SO STRONG! TO TEASE MY TONGUE, YOUR LIVES ARE GONE!
    YOUR ODDS UNFAVORED, MY WEB TOO STRONG! SPEED WON'T NEGATE A LINE STEPPED WRONG!
    YOU DARE? DARE SMITE THIS AWESOME BEAST? YOUR FATES ARE SEALED AS MY NEXT FEAST!
    HEED THIS BECK AND HEAR THIS CALL! FIGHT ME STILL, YOUR WILLS SHALL FALL!

24. - Top - End - #264

Well. Just had another Draft Dominion last 1 hour 30 or so. And got a guy who decided to troll 'cause I didn't pick or ban Rammus. Nobody else did either including him. Rofl. Way too much fun, this game mode.
    Last edited by Eldariel; 2011-10-22 at 06:54 AM.
    Campaign Journal: Uncovering the Lost World - A Player's Diary in Low-Magic D&D (Latest Update: 8.3.2014)
    Being Bane: A Guide to Barbarians Cracking Small Men - Ever Been Angry?! Then this is for you!
    SRD Averages - An aggregation of all the key stats of all the monster entries on SRD arranged by CR.

25. - Top - End - #265
    Firbolg in the Playground

LoL's birthday coming up?
    Entertainment from a SPECIAL GUEST?

It's going to be Surprise Party Fiddlesticks. And it will be wonderful.
    BANG → !
    OH LOOK AT HER/.../YOU KNOW WHAT I MEAN/YOU KNOW WHAT I MEAN/YOU KNOW WHAT I MEAN MEAN/RICHARDS

26. - Top - End - #266

Wow. I have never had a queue last longer than four or so minutes. And if it does, I restart it and usually get matched within a couple of minutes. Is waiting that long a normal thing on the European servers?
    Awesome avatar by starwoof

27. - Top - End - #267

Quote Originally Posted by ArcanistSupreme View Post
    Wow. I have never had a queue last longer than four or so minutes. And if it does, I restart it and usually get matched within a couple of minutes. Is waiting that long a normal thing on the European servers?
    No, it's just the fact that draft mode dominion doesn't have that many players and my matchmaking Elo for Dominion is probably stupid so it kinda doesn't wanna pair me against anyone... Doesn't help I was duoing with another player with likely stupid MM Elo. I had similar issues when I really played 3v3 Ranked actively, but not really outside that.

28. - Top - End - #268
    Firbolg in the Playground

So I have a 10 win IP boost. No emails about it, not showing up on my purchase history and nothing seems to have changed. Anyone else just got one randomly?

I'm not complaining of course.

Nevermind, LoL got the Golden Joystick.

Still, 10 win IP boost is a bit lame compared to the free rune page from last year.
    Last edited by Dogmantra; 2011-10-22 at 07:47 AM.
    BANG → !
    OH LOOK AT HER/.../YOU KNOW WHAT I MEAN/YOU KNOW WHAT I MEAN/YOU KNOW WHAT I MEAN MEAN/RICHARDS

29. - Top - End - #269

Especially as I need just one more runepage to be able to have something moderately applicable to every champion I use/want to use. As it is, I have to choose between Generic AD Carry and Generic AP Carry when building pages, which leads to me typically just picking one of the two characters I have pages already build for.

30. - Top - End - #270

Bloody hell, if I could get 40 runepages I'd be happy. 11 is way too few for any kind of meaningful rune builds... Better yet, they should just allow changing runes in champ select if you have 11 runepages or something. Then I'd actually buy those.
    Last edited by Eldariel; 2011-10-22 at 08:47 AM.