New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 1 of 50 123456789101126 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Titan in the Playground

Default Request a Homebrew: Thread 2!

Here's the OP from the First Thread:
    Quote Originally Posted by Gorbash Kazdar View Post
    This thread was suggested by Goats_o_Mjolnir, so direct thanks his way!

The purpose for the Request a Homebrew thread is for anyone to request the creation of a specific homebrewed game mechanic or concept - monsters, alternate class abilities, spells, etc. Every DM has been in the position where he or she needs an exciting new monster, unique magic item, or awe inspiring spell the PCs have never seen before, but find themselves lacking the time or inspiration to put it together themselves. Rather than go it alone, this thread's mission is to give everyone access to the fevered imaginations and creation prowess of Homebrew Design's denizens.

Below are some guidelines for this thread.

Your Request Should Be Specific: When making a request, the more detail the better. This is not a thread for very general requests - for example "I need a magic item" or "I need a CR 2 monster" would be inappropriate requests. An appropriate request would be more along the lines of "I need a CR 2 monster, non-intelligent but not mindless, for a tomb-raiding adventure in a desert environment (Egyptian influence a plus!). The party has been fighting undead a lot so far, and I'm really looking for something that they would initially think is undead to catch them off-guard. Preferably, it should have some interesting signature ability so it's not just a 'stand there and hammer each other' fight."

The Homebrew Should Be Fairly Small in Scope: Requests should be for homebrew that could be easily contained in one post - asking for a whole new base class or magic system would be a bit too much for this thread. The concept here is really for DMs to request something they expect to use in short order and don't have the time to develop themselves.

Keep it Short: While some discussion of created items posted to this thread is fine, try to keep it short and sweet. If a discussion is picking up and is going beyond about 8-9 posts (not including the request post and the post presenting the finished product), please move it over to it's own dedicated thread.

Don't Post Something Completed Looking for Feedback: Don't post something you've already made and ask for feedback on it or help with completing it. Such creations should be put into their own threads as normal.

Linking Completed Items: If you've seen something on the boards (or elsewhere) that you think would fit the needs of the poster making the request, feel free to provide a link to it. Please don't repost them entirely to the thread, though. Posting copyrighted material without permission is of course prohibited. (Claiming someone else's work as your own will result in Infractions or other penalties.)

Numbering: In order to keep things clear and cut down on excessive quoting of requests, please number requests (R.1, R.2, etc.), homebrewed up responses (H.1, H.2, etc) and comments (C.1, C.2, etc.).

If anyone has any questions about the thread itself, feel free to ask them here or send me a PM.

Let the Homebrewing begin!
    First Thread:http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=72870
    GO!!!
    Please pick up numbering where the previous thread left off
    Last edited by Qwertystop; 2011-10-19 at 10:27 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by jamieth View Post
    ...though Talla does her best to sound objective and impartial, it doesn't cover stuff like "ask a 9-year-old to tank for the party."
    My Homebrew

2. - Top - End - #2
    Troll in the Playground

PirateGirl

Default Re: Request a Homebrew: Thread 2!

R 695

I would like a 3.5 version of the Kobold Quarterly's Hogwood by John Fleming (See here: http://www.koboldquarterly.com/k/front-page10484.php)

Spoiler
    Show

These huge porcine creatures are often thought to be only a rumor. They have never been sighted outside of the fey realms, where they spend most of their time basking in sunny clearings. They resemble mossy mounds covered with pine shrubs and small trees when at rest. It is rare to find more than one hogwood together, but they have been known to associate with family colonies of porky pines or to serve as guardians for powerful fey…
    Hogwood (Level 12 Elite Brute)

Huge natural animate (plant); XP 1400
    Initiative +8; Perception +11; low-light vision
    HP 298; Bloodied 149
    AC 26, Fortitude 27, Reflex 22, Will 24
    Speed 5 (forestwalk)
    Resist 10 radiant; Vulnerable 10 fire (see ashcoat)
    Saving Throws +2; Action Points 1

TRAITS
    Forest Camouflage
    When in terrain that consists mostly of trees, underbrush, plants, or natural growth, the hogwood gains a +5 bonus on Stealth and can hide with any cover or concealment.

Light Feeding (healing)
    If the hogwood begins its turn in an area of bright light, it regains 10 hp.

STANDARD ACTIONS
    [M] Tree Tusk • At-Will
    Attack: Melee 2 (one creature); +17 vs. AC.
    Hit: 3d8 + 12 damage, and the target is pushed 2 squares and knocked prone.

[m] Pig-Headed Rush • Recharge 5, 6
    Effect: The hogwood moves up to twice its speed and can move through enemies’ spaces during the move. The hogwood cannot end its movement in a space occupied by a creature. Each time the hogwood enters an enemy’s space for the first time during the move, it makes the following attack against that enemy.
    Attack: Melee 0; +15 vs. Reflex.
    Hit: 2d8 + 8 damage, and the enemy falls prone.
    Effect: At the end of this movement, the hogwood makes a melee basic attack as a free action.

MOVE ACTION
    [a] Razorbark • Recharge 6
    Attack: Area burst 2 within 10 (all creatures in burst); +17 vs. AC.
    Hit: 2d6 + 6 damage, and the target takes ongoing 5 (save ends).

TRIGGERED ACTIONS
    [c] Ashcoat (poison) • At-Will
    Trigger: The hogwood takes fire damage.
    Attack (Immediate Reaction): Close burst 2 (non-plant creatures in burst); +15 vs. Fortitude.
    Hit: 3d6 + 8 poison damage, and the target takes a −2 penalty on attack rolls (save ends).

Resurgence • Encounter
    Trigger: The hogwood first becomes bloodied during an encounter.
    Effect (Immediate Reaction): All powers or abilities of the hogwood are recharged.

MINOR ACTIONS
    Light Step • At-Will
    Requirement: The hogwood must be in bright light.
    Effect: The hogwood shifts 1 square.

Skills Endurance +15, Stealth +11
    Str 22 (+13) Dex 11 (+6) WIs 16 (+9)
    Con 19 (+10) Int 8 (+5) Cha 7 (+4)
    Alignment unaligned Languages none
    Hogwoods in Combat

Once provoked, a hogwood can decimate unprepared foes with its varied attacks. A hogwood does not hold back and uses its most powerful attacks at first opportunity. It actively seeks out any foe who deals fire damage, and it attempts to destroy that enemy first if it is able to do so, making use of its light step to avoid unwanted combat.

Debby
    Last edited by Debihuman; 2011-10-19 at 07:32 PM.
    P.E.A.C.H. Please Evaluate And Critique Honestly. Being nicer and kinder doesn't hurt either. Note I generally only critique 3.5 and Pathfinder material.
    Please, please, please when using non-core material, cite to the books. There are too many books to wade through to find the one with the feat, special ability or spell you use.
    my creations in homebrew signature thread

3. - Top - End - #3
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Debihuman View Post
    R1

I would like a 3.5 version of the Kobold Quarterly's Hogwood by John Fleming (See here: http://www.koboldquarterly.com/k/front-page10484.php)

Spoiler
    Show

These huge porcine creatures are often thought to be only a rumor. They have never been sighted outside of the fey realms, where they spend most of their time basking in sunny clearings. They resemble mossy mounds covered with pine shrubs and small trees when at rest. It is rare to find more than one hogwood together, but they have been known to associate with family colonies of porky pines or to serve as guardians for powerful fey…
    Hogwood (Level 12 Elite Brute)

Huge natural animate (plant); XP 1400
    Initiative +8; Perception +11; low-light vision
    HP 298; Bloodied 149
    AC 26, Fortitude 27, Reflex 22, Will 24
    Speed 5 (forestwalk)
    Resist 10 radiant; Vulnerable 10 fire (see ashcoat)
    Saving Throws +2; Action Points 1

TRAITS
    Forest Camouflage
    When in terrain that consists mostly of trees, underbrush, plants, or natural growth, the hogwood gains a +5 bonus on Stealth and can hide with any cover or concealment.

Light Feeding (healing)
    If the hogwood begins its turn in an area of bright light, it regains 10 hp.

STANDARD ACTIONS
    [M] Tree Tusk • At-Will
    Attack: Melee 2 (one creature); +17 vs. AC.
    Hit: 3d8 + 12 damage, and the target is pushed 2 squares and knocked prone.

[m] Pig-Headed Rush • Recharge 5, 6
    Effect: The hogwood moves up to twice its speed and can move through enemies’ spaces during the move. The hogwood cannot end its movement in a space occupied by a creature. Each time the hogwood enters an enemy’s space for the first time during the move, it makes the following attack against that enemy.
    Attack: Melee 0; +15 vs. Reflex.
    Hit: 2d8 + 8 damage, and the enemy falls prone.
    Effect: At the end of this movement, the hogwood makes a melee basic attack as a free action.

MOVE ACTION
    [a] Razorbark • Recharge 6
    Attack: Area burst 2 within 10 (all creatures in burst); +17 vs. AC.
    Hit: 2d6 + 6 damage, and the target takes ongoing 5 (save ends).

TRIGGERED ACTIONS
    [c] Ashcoat (poison) • At-Will
    Trigger: The hogwood takes fire damage.
    Attack (Immediate Reaction): Close burst 2 (non-plant creatures in burst); +15 vs. Fortitude.
    Hit: 3d6 + 8 poison damage, and the target takes a −2 penalty on attack rolls (save ends).

Resurgence • Encounter
    Trigger: The hogwood first becomes bloodied during an encounter.
    Effect (Immediate Reaction): All powers or abilities of the hogwood are recharged.

MINOR ACTIONS
    Light Step • At-Will
    Requirement: The hogwood must be in bright light.
    Effect: The hogwood shifts 1 square.

Skills Endurance +15, Stealth +11
    Str 22 (+13) Dex 11 (+6) WIs 16 (+9)
    Con 19 (+10) Int 8 (+5) Cha 7 (+4)
    Alignment unaligned Languages none
    Hogwoods in Combat

Once provoked, a hogwood can decimate unprepared foes with its varied attacks. A hogwood does not hold back and uses its most powerful attacks at first opportunity. It actively seeks out any foe who deals fire damage, and it attempts to destroy that enemy first if it is able to do so, making use of its light step to avoid unwanted combat.

Debby
    Please pick up numbering where the previous thread left off. There's still some unfilled requests from it, and that could get confusing otherwise.

EDIT: So yours would be R. 695
    Last edited by Qwertystop; 2011-10-19 at 10:34 AM.
    ...though Talla does her best to sound objective and impartial, it doesn't cover stuff like "ask a 9-year-old to tank for the party."
    My Homebrew

4. - Top - End - #4
    Ogre in the Playground

C 690 OK. So... going to have to force the character to give up some of his precious WBL... Is 5 levels, with a new weapon, OR an upgrade to an existing one available on every odd level, OK?

Obviously I'm going to have to put some work into devising various types of weapons for this, and their effects, since not all of them are actually weapons , and the Bibliography itself won't be available (it's the main character's, and it's pretty unique).

Again, I do feel this doesn't fit best in D&D. I will make it, regardless, but I do feel making an entirely new system (and putting Pages, Librarians, and whatnot in there) would be... not easier, but more appropriate. But, as that is outside of the scope of this project, I will be making this PrC. Just give me a while, it's a bigger project than most PrCs .
    Demilich avatar by Smuchmuch. Thank you VERY much!

Old Extended Signature, last updated in 2012
    Awright, Supagoof, that's just awesome. Thanks!
    Spoiler
    Show

Infernal avatar by Savana. Thanks!

Nude version by SmuchMuch.

5. - Top - End - #5
    Bugbear in the Playground

Make a merfolk wizard named magikarp.
    or better yet a intelligent carp wizard that can cast by flopping on the ground and saying magikarp instead of the proper symbiotic and verbal components.
    Last edited by Dr.Orpheus; 2011-10-19 at 11:34 AM.
    "If you are after mere parlor tricks you will be sorely disappointed, for if I reach behind your ear, it will not be a nickel I pull out, BUT YOUR VERY SOUL!" The Venture Bros.

6. - Top - End - #6
    Dwarf in the Playground

Hmm... Should we repost unfulfilled requests, or just let people dig through the last few pages of the old thread for standing requests?

7. - Top - End - #7
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Dr.Orpheus View Post
    Make a merfolk wizard named magikarp.
    or better yet a intelligent carp wizard that can cast by flopping on the ground and saying magikarp instead of the proper symbiotic and verbal components.
    *sigh*

1. Number your request.

2. This is Request a Homebrew, not Request a Build.
    Avatar of George the Dragon Slayer, from the upcoming Indivisible!
    My Steam profile
    Warriors and Wuxia, Callos_DeTerran's ToB setting

8. - Top - End - #8

R696
    Sorry, I got a little exited and blurted a post. Maybe a casting prc that can be taken by fish or something that has no arms or feet, it could be geared more toward casting water spells and making due without limbs or lungs.
    Last edited by Dr.Orpheus; 2011-10-19 at 08:32 PM. Reason: 696
    "If you are after mere parlor tricks you will be sorely disappointed, for if I reach behind your ear, it will not be a nickel I pull out, BUT YOUR VERY SOUL!" The Venture Bros.

9. - Top - End - #9
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Dr.Orpheus View Post
    R2
    Sorry, I got a little exited and blurted a post. Maybe a casting prc that can be taken by fish or something that has no arms or feet, it could be geared more toward casting water spells and making due without limbs or lungs.
    That's R. 696
    My Homebrew

10. - Top - End - #10
    Barbarian in the Playground

Hi all! I'm trying to figure out how to fix the Erinyes from 3.5 to make them into something closer to the original wrath/vengeance demon, rather than a goofy "butcher" version of the succubus as they appear in the MM. I think the CR should be similar, possibly a bit higher, so anywhere from CR 8-12 would be great, hopefully with an easy way to upgrade them to higher CR's. Thanks in advance :)

EDIT:

Cursing of some kind is a must, and decent melee abilities would be a plus. Ancient Greek or Near Eastern influence appreciated. I can offer some source material if you need it. Erinys literally means "fury."
    Last edited by Princess; 2011-10-19 at 05:03 PM.
    Custom Avatar by Ceika
    Spoiler: Me as a Character... and Planeswalker
    Show
    I Am A: True Neutral Human Wizard (4th Level)
    Ability Scores:
    Strength-13
    Dexterity-14
    Constitution-12
    Intelligence-17
    Wisdom-17
    Charisma-17
    But I'd definitely multi-class Druid with those stats.

Spoiler: My D&D 5E Homebrews
    Show

Rolling for PC Stats = Always a stupid idea.

11. - Top - End - #11
    Ogre in the Playground

C 697: @ Princess Try and see if you can find Denizens of Dread, the 3.5 Ravenloft bestiary. It has stats for the Furies basically straight out of greek myth. If you can't get that, I'll see if it's OGL...

Also, posting disciplines people...you're most likely going to get ignored if you ignore the request formatting and request limitations in the boilerplate...

Next request is R698.
    Mine is not so much a Peter Pan Complex as a Peter Pan Doom Fortress and Underground LairTM!
    Fae-o-matic Want a fae from folklore stated? Give me the lore and I'll do it for you!
    Le Cirque Funeste Evil Fairy Circus! Ray Bradbury, refined down to snortable powder!

12. - Top - End - #12
    Ogre in the Playground

re posting, as it got rather buried/ ignored
    R687. two epic discipline feats, based off of the Doll Judgementand army of one disciplines. hoping to use a combination in an upcoming epic game...
    Avatar by Szilard, thank you sir for the fine work!

my home brew. you should PEACH them...
    Telekineticist
    Razor
    Shield
    blasterv4
    mindbender

13. - Top - End - #13

Quote Originally Posted by Mulletmanalive View Post
    C 697: @ Princess Try and see if you can find Denizens of Dread, the 3.5 Ravenloft bestiary. It has stats for the Furies basically straight out of greek myth. If you can't get that, I'll see if it's OGL...
    I found out where I can get a copy. Thanks :)
    Custom Avatar by Ceika
    Spoiler: Me as a Character... and Planeswalker
    Show
    I Am A: True Neutral Human Wizard (4th Level)
    Ability Scores:
    Strength-13
    Dexterity-14
    Constitution-12
    Intelligence-17
    Wisdom-17
    Charisma-17
    But I'd definitely multi-class Druid with those stats.

Spoiler: My D&D 5E Homebrews
    Show

Rolling for PC Stats = Always a stupid idea.

14. - Top - End - #14
    Ettin in the Playground

R 698

Does anyone know of any homebrew psionic prestige classes related to the use of psionic creation powers (Psionic Minor Creation, Psionic Fabricate, et al.)? If not, then I'm aware that it's a big request; if someone's willing to do it, great, and if not I'll try it myself.
    Last edited by Lateral; 2011-10-20 at 06:56 PM.

15. - Top - End - #15
    Firbolg in the Playground

R 699
    I'm going to play as a researcher in Pokemon Table Top Adventure and I don't like any of the Advanced classes. I am hoping for a Geneticist, who can manipulate the genetic code of pokemon, clone pokemon, etc.
    Spoiler: Old Avatar by Aruius
    Show
    http://i133.photobucket.com/albums/q56/Zeritho/Koboldbard.png

16. - Top - End - #16
    Ettin in the Playground

R700
    Not so much a request someone make it as a request to know if someone has made one alreddy:

Are there any Artificer/Martial Adept dual progression classes out there?

17. - Top - End - #17
    Dwarf in the Playground

BardGuy

R701

I'm currently making a new Incarnum base class themed heavily around versatility and adjustable roles (sort of a chameleon-esque Incarnum class). One central part of the class is that he will have a new chakra bind exclusive to the class, much like the totem chakra for totemists.

I'm looking for a name for this new chakra. Here are some basic guidelines:

1) It should not be an existing body slot.
    2) It should fit the theme of a class that focuses on versatility.
    3) It should sound awesome. :)

Thanks.

18. - Top - End - #18
    Ogre in the Playground

C 701 Tantien; It's the "sea of energy" in the core of the body. Connected to the genitals. Supplies all the creativity and so on.

The other option would logically be the Third Eye chakhra. I'm sure you could get a lot of potential uses out of that.

Tantien is probably best.

I've hear of a "world" chakhra, though i'm not sure if even he knew what that was supposed to be...I suppose it could be some kind of pseudo psionic crossover...
    Mine is not so much a Peter Pan Complex as a Peter Pan Doom Fortress and Underground LairTM!
    Fae-o-matic Want a fae from folklore stated? Give me the lore and I'll do it for you!
    Le Cirque Funeste Evil Fairy Circus! Ray Bradbury, refined down to snortable powder!

19. - Top - End - #19
    Ogre in the Playground

H 690
    So it's my custom to do everything at once, post it, and may 3-4 tweaks to finalize it. However, I'm a bit stuck this time. So, I'm posting a skeleton for now, filled with placeholders marked with "<"s and ">"s. As inspiration strikes, I get more ideas, and/or people suggest stuff, I'll edit more in, replacing the <placeholders>.

Spoiler
    Show
    <Placeholder>

Requirements
    To qualify to become a <placeholder>, a character must fulfill the following criteria:

skills
    Knowledge (<something>) <X> ranks, Knowledge (<Something>) X ranks

Special
    <something to do with The class I'm doing this for>

Class Skills
    The <placeholder>'s class skills (and the key ability for each skill) are <Insert skills>

Skill Points at each level
    <X> + Int modifier

Class Features

{table=head]Level|Base Attack Bonus|Fort save|Ref Save|Will Save|Special|Sigils|Whitebox Powers
    1|+0|+0|+0|+2|Sigil Bound, Whitebox, Living Library|1|1
    2|+1|+0|+0|+3|Sigil Study|1|2
    3|+1|+1|+1|+3||2|2
    4|+2|+1|+1|+4||2|3
    5|+2|+1|+1|+4|Sigil Mastery|3|3[/table]

Sigil Bound
    At first level, you gain the ability to bind a Sigil to yourself. Anyone with the Craft Wondrous Item feat can craft one for 2,000 Gp, plus the 160 Xp as per the feat. If you are unable to craft one yourself, or cannot find one, you can purchase one for it's Market Price of 4,000 GP.
    You have a distinct advantage, in that, if you are capable of crafting the Sigil yourself, if you intend to bind it to yourself, you do not need to pay the experience cost. If you have already bound your limit, or are otherwise making it for other purposes, you must still pay the market price.

At third and fifth levels, you may bind additional Sigils to yourself.
    Each Sigil you bind has different traits, and any abilities dependent on having a sigil are unique to each sigil.
    Binding a Sigil to yourself requires you to spend 24 hours in meditation. Special sigils may be crafted through special means (see below) to be able to bind to you at other times, instead.

Whitebox
    When you have bound a Sigil to yourself, you may call it by name to transform it into a Whitebox Weapon. This is not necessarily an actual weapon.
    It takes the form of an object closely related to your personality or upbringing, such as a swordsman's whitebox weapons being swords, a wizard's weapon being a staff, or a hat, and a holy man may have a holy symbol. It may be any type of mundane object worth up to 100 gp.
    While your sigil is in this form, it grants a number of abilities to you. At first level, your sigil grants one ability. At second level, it grants two. And at fourth, each sigil bound to you grants three abilities.
    The same sigil always grants the same abilities. Upon level up, if your sigils can grant new abilities, each grants it's new ability, in adition to the ones already granted. Your sigils do not have to grant the same abilities as each other.

You may have your sigil transformed into it's Whitebox form for a number of rounds equal to your levels in <Placeholder> times your charisma modifier.
    It is a Swift action to transform it into a whitebox weapon, and a free action to return it to Sigil form.

Living Library
    Whenever you gain a level in <placeholder>, you advance certain features of the Librarian Base class as if you had also taken a level of that class. You may add your levels in <placeholder> to your Librarian levels for purposes of determining your Liber Mentat, and <Insert one or two other features to continue advancing>.
    This ability does not advance any other features. <Insert more abuse-attempt deterrent language here>

Sigil Study
    <Insert ability description>

<Insert ability>

<Insert Ability>

Sigil Mastery

Whitebox Abilities
    Spoiler
    Show
    <Insert special ability>
    <Insert description>

<Insert special ability>
    <Insert description>

<Insert special ability>
    <Insert description>

<Insert special ability>
    <Insert description>

<Insert special ability>
    <Insert description>

<Insert special ability>
    <Insert description>

<Insert special ability>
    <Insert description>

<Insert special ability>
    <Insert description>

<Insert special ability>
    <Insert description>

<Insert special ability>
    <Insert description>

<Insert special ability>
    <Insert description>

<Insert special ability>
    <Insert description>

<Insert special ability>
    <Insert description>

<Insert special ability>
    <Insert description>

<Insert special ability>
    <Insert description>

<Insert special ability>
    <Insert description>

C 692
    Still not enough time to work on this. But, idea storming.
    So, chaotic power overflowing though eyes... could work as advancing a caster.
    Eyes replaced by some symbiont... squicky, not really what I'd like to handle.
    Made a pact with some beholders... this would likely use the kind of eye-attacks you want to avoid.
    Something like the Dragonlance story books did with Rastlin (sp?).... nyeh, it just affected him, not anyone else. and that would be a curse, not a PrC.
    Still, though, a curse. Say, you had to have been cursed upon three different occasions to enter the class... and while the gaze attacks are useful, it's a bit like frenzied berserker, in that it has no friend/foe discrimination?!

...yeah, I'm just tossing those ideas out there. If I don't finish 690 soon enough, someone else can take this one. But, I'd like to try.

H 701
    Just need a name? Words that bring versatility to mind are Mutable, variety, change, adjustable. None of these lend themselves very easily to names.
    Especially for something like that.
    I put Versatile into the Thesaurus.com search bar. Most of what I got was things like Adroit, pliable, things to do with agility and flexibility, adaptability and mobility.

You could name the Chakra to be the Ambulatory Chakra. But, what does that suggest? It walks around on it's own. Makes it seem like a Golemancer class.
    Maybe the Fluid Chakra. Or the Motile Chakra. Perhaps the Whim Chakra (sounds dreamy). These are ideas you could use. maybe not, but up to you.

R 702
    A necromancy based Martial Discipline. It should benefit from multiclassing just a little, maybe this strike or that stance need Turn/Rebuke undead as a prerequisite.
    It should mostly focus on making use of controlled undead. Gaining strength from them, and granting them strikes, and using them in complicated tactics like "You throw me at that guy, so I can hit him".
    ...yeah, I want one maneuver to have your undead minions throw you at a target, and then you hit it with your axe, or scythe, or sword, or whatever. Yay, mobility.
    Last edited by flabort; 2011-10-22 at 05:53 PM. Reason: spellcheck
    Demilich avatar by Smuchmuch. Thank you VERY much!

Old Extended Signature, last updated in 2012
    Awright, Supagoof, that's just awesome. Thanks!
    Spoiler
    Show

Infernal avatar by Savana. Thanks!

Nude version by SmuchMuch.

20. - Top - End - #20
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by flabort View Post
    C 692
    Still not enough time to work on this. But, idea storming.
    So, chaotic power overflowing though eyes... could work as advancing a caster.
    Eyes replaced by some symbiont... squicky, not really what I'd like to handle.
    Made a pact with some beholders... this would likely use the kind of eye-attacks you want to avoid.
    Something like the Dragonlance story books did with Rastlin (sp?).... nyeh, it just affected him, not anyone else. and that would be a curse, not a PrC.
    Still, though, a curse. Say, you had to have been cursed upon three different occasions to enter the class... and while the gaze attacks are useful, it's a bit like frenzied berserker, in that it has no friend/foe discrimination?!

...yeah, I'm just tossing those ideas out there. If I don't finish 690 soon enough, someone else can take this one. But, I'd like to try.
    The no-discrimination is already part of RAW for gaze attacks, and there's no reason the narrowed-gaze cone-shape version couldn't do that. Hey, Narrowed Gaze could be a class ability!

Actually, that's a great idea! Have some kind of magic ability as a requirement, and make it a requirement to have been cursed (or otherwise lost control of magic) at least once.
    My Homebrew

21. - Top - End - #21
    Dwarf in the Playground

BardGuy

C701 Yes it's just a name I'm thinking of. Tantien certainly sounds cool, but it might be a bit to "eastern." Flabort, I also like your input, but none of those names seem to fit either. They did get me thinking though - perhaps Shadow chakra?

22. - Top - End - #22
    Dwarf in the Playground

Reposting as well, as it may have gotten lost in the slurry at the end of the last one.
    Quote Originally Posted by RedWarrior0 View Post
    R694
    I have one big-ish request, related to Binders from Tome of Magic.

Players of the Alternative Energy game at B12, don't look.
    Spoiler
    Show

What I want is a special vestige for the evil NPCs. However, while bound, you cannot bind other vestiges. As a result, if one could bind multiple vestiges, he instead gets additional or enhanced abilities from the vestige. Most of the other stuff is described below.

The vestige is loosely based on an amalgam of the Beast and the Dragon of the book of Revelation; it is an apocalyptic creature, the abilities from binding it are mainly destructive in nature. It also has more deleterious effects on the binder's soul than most vestiges, as the Beast, whose body now lies dead in the Styx in a deep layer of the Abyss, was (and still is) a devourer of souls. Eventually, the binder's soul is eaten away completely, and his body is a vessel for the Beast.

Binding the Beast automatically results in a poor pact, so to speak. However, the binding check is still made to determine whether it is heavy or light influence (against a high DC); this check must be made once for every vestige slot available. While under light influence, the binder tends to revel in destruction and chaos, and must not attempt to avoid destruction or bloodshed. Under heavy influence, a binder's alignment is changed for the duration of the pact; A chaotic or evil creature becomes chaotic evil. Otherwise, each component of the binder's alignment is moved closer to chaotic evil. In addition, the binder must take any measures possible to cause chaos, destruction, or suffering.

The Beast's special requirement cannot be circumvented in any way. The Beast's special requirement is that its seal be drawn with the blood of a Good sentient creature dead no more than three minutes.

The Beast's sign increases in scale with each vestige slot occupied. Initially, it causes its seal to appear in red (not glowing) on the binder's forehead or right hand, at his choosing. In addition, his irises become blood red. Occupying two slots, the seal glows faintly, and the binder's skin gains a faint red tinge. With three slots occupied, the seal glows a bright red, giving off light as a candle. The binder's eyes are replaced by glowing red spheres, and his skin becomes a reddish hide. While the Beast occupies four slots, the binder's hide becomes scaly and his face gains draconic features. These are all in addition to any natural attacks the binder gets as a result of the vestige. ((And it's a dragon-demon-beast. I expect natural attacks.))

So, I have the fluff down pretty well, but it's kind of soft and chewy. Needs some crunch to it. Help would be incredi-awesome.

23. - Top - End - #23

H694

Powers:

1 or more slots:

Smite good: as paladin of slaughter, every 5 rounds
    Teeth and Claws: Gain the bite attack of a leopard and two claw attacks of a black bear. All of these are secondary attacks.
    Lessor Fiendish Resistance: Resistance 5 to fire, +2 on fort saves against poison

2 or more slots:

Seven-headed: you grow heads to a total of seven. Each has its own bite attack. Effects which decapitate you are not lethal unless they remove all seven heads.
    Voice of the Dragon: You gain a +10 profane bonus on Bluff, Diplomacy, and Intimidate checks
    Greater Fiendish Resistance: Resistance 10 to fire, 5 to acid, electricity and cold, +4 on fort saves against poison

3 or more slots:

Ten-horned: Each of your seven heads grows a single horn, making a total of ten horns. Each can make a gore attack for 1d8 piercing damage.
    Eldritch Mathematics: Anyone who attempts to understand how 7x1=10 in your presences must make a will save (dc 16 + your cha mod) or become confused for one round. Those who make the save become frightened.
    Breath of the Dragon: Each of your heads breathes a 30 ft cone of fire that does 5d6 damage
    Multibrained: Gain the multiattack, multibreath, multitasking, multivoice and multiweapon fighting feats. You need not meet the prerequisites.
    Greater Fiendish Resistance: Immunity to fire and poison, resistance 10 to acid, electricity and cold

4 or more slots:

Stars from the heavens: Use meteor swarm as an at-will sla
    None shall buy or sell: Anyone wishing to engage in commerce within 1 mile of you without first swearing loyalty to you must make a dc 15 will save. Anyone who fails becomes aware that searing loyalty to you will solve their problem.
    Seven Crowns: You may use dominate monster (dc 19 + your cha mod) at will as a free action up to seven times per round.
    Devour souls: No one you kill can be raised by any mortal magic, nor do they enjoy any form of afterlife. Instead their souls are consumed by the beast. If the beast consumes 666 souls of good aligned creatures of at least 20 hd each within one lunar month, he breaks free to ravage the material plane.

24. - Top - End - #24
    Dwarf in the Playground

C694
    Hm... That should work nicely. Thank you very much.

25. - Top - End - #25

Quote Originally Posted by deuxhero View Post
    R700
    Not so much a request someone make it as a request to know if someone has made one alreddy:

Are there any Artificer/Martial Adept dual progression classes out there?
    C 700
    This probably isn't exactly what you want; sounds like you're looking for a PrC, but I made a Swordsage ACF, the Sage of the Forge that gives it an artificer-like craft pool, but it can only create Warheart items; it also gains some benefits from wearing warheart and other non-magic items, particularly those he makes himself.
    Last edited by playswithfire; 2011-10-23 at 07:21 PM.
    Homebrew
    Current Project (A sequel to Tome of Battle)
    Past Projects, some of which I may come back to
    Spoiler
    Show
    Baldric Sea Campaign Setting (work in progress)
    later version of the Sea Dog base class from it

26. - Top - End - #26
    Ettin in the Playground

C700

It isn't (still interested if there is anything else), but it helps.
    Last edited by deuxhero; 2011-10-23 at 08:27 PM.

27. - Top - End - #27
    Colossus in the Playground

Default Re:*Request*a*Homebrew:*Thread*2!

R703

I'd like to see a prestige class (5-10 levels) that is completely based on improving the overrun combat maneuver (D&D 3.5).

Specifically, I was thinking things like allowing the overrun to happen during a charge (and giving a bonus to the class when doing so) as well as perhaps a trample ability. Anyone up to the task?
    Last edited by NeoSeraphi; 2011-10-30 at 04:13 AM.

28. - Top - End - #28
    Dwarf in the Playground

Post Re: Request a Homebrew: Thread 2!

Quote Originally Posted by Qwertystop View Post
    R 689:
    A prestige class that can use Handle Animal on sentients. Slow drain to target's INT and CHA optional.
    H689
    I think you can give this option for Handle Animal to the gray jester, then modify and refluff the class a bit and give it HA as a class skill, you´re pretty much good to go.

Quote Originally Posted by The Anarresti View Post
    R. 673
    I'm looking for a highly intelligent (at least a 14 INT) undead creature who stalks and kills living creatures, possibly at the behest of more powerful undead or evil clerics. Similar to this zombie type. Preferably in the CR 8 range.
    H673
    Here you go
    The Dead hunter
    Spoiler
    Show
    Dead hunter
    Medium Undead
    12d12 HD (78 hp)
    Speed 30 ft. (6 squares)
    Init: +7 (+3 Dex, +4 Improved intitiative)
    AC 17; touch 13; flat-footed 14
    (10,+3 dex, +4 armor bonus-chain shirt)
    BAB +6/+1; Grp +8 (+6 BAB, +2 Str modifier)
    Attack Longspear +8 meele (1d8+ 2 piercing/x3) or Longbow +9 ranged (1d8+2 piercing/x3, made for use with +2 Strength bonus)
    Full-Attack Spear +8 meele (1d8+ 2 piercing/x3) and Spear +1 meele (1d8+ 1 piercing/x3); or composite longbow +9 ranged (1d8+2 piercing/x3, made for use with +2 Strength bonus) and composite longbow +4 ranged (1d8+1 piercing/x3, made for use with +2 Strength bonus) : or Spear +1 meele (1d8+ 1 piercing/x3) and and composite longbow +4 ranged (1d8+1 piercing/x3, made for use with +2 Strength bonus) and composite longbow + 1 ranged (1d8+1 piercing/x3, made for use with +2 Strength bonus)
    Space 5 ft.; Reach 5 ft.
    Special Attacks Dark arrow, Hunter´s mark, Terrible gaze
    Special Qualities. Darkvision 60 ft, Undead traits
    Saves Fort +4 Ref +4 Will +6
    Abilities Str 14, Dex 16, Con -, Int 14, Wis 15, Cha 16
    Skills Disguise +7, Hide +15, Intimidate +15, Listen +7, Move silently +7, Perform (dance) +2, Survival +15, Spot +15,
    Feats Cloak dance, Combat expertise, Improved initiative, Stealthy<sup.>B</sup> , Track<sup.>B</sup>,, Weapon focus (spear), Weapon focus (longbow)
    Environment Any, favors forests and savannas
    Organization Solitary or hunting party (1-4 dead hunters and 2-4 zombies or skeletons per hunter)
    Challenge Rating 8
    Treasure standard gold; standard gems; 10% half art; standard magical items, spear, Longbow, chain shirt, 20 arrows
    Alignment Very often lawful evil
    Advancement 12-16 HD (Medium)
    Level Adjustment

A dead hunter is hard to distinguish from the creature it were in life, it retains its height and weight, and the only unusual traits are grime and small rotting sores and other signs of decomposition on its body and its eyes that glow with a faint red light when it is agitated. It tries to hide these by wearing a long heavy cloak of the sort favored by many traveling adventurers, which also helps the hunter to follow his prey unnoticed.

It was in the dead of night while you arrived in a small village. loud rumbling and neighing heralded the arrival of the distance coach, this backwater´s village only connection to the outside world. It came to halt and while the driver struggled to keep the horses under control, people exited the carriage, among them a mysterious stranger in a long, hooded robe, who made the horse yelp and jump when he just brushed past. You set the light of your bullseye lantern of him and he quickly scurries toward the the Grumpy Bear tavern, where you want to lodge, making some noise as he made his way through the small crowd of people gathered at the door.
    Combat
    Dead hunters tend to shy away from direct combat,using their skill in subterfuge, spreading terror and archery , to harass and weaken opponents from afar before revealing themselves and finishing their prey up close. If they cannot stop them from running, they will sicken them with the dark magic of their arrows and then mark with them a brand that will easily give away those who try to hide.

Dark arrow (Su)
    It is obvious, the stranger is not to be trusted, so in hopes of stopping him, you rush to follow the stranger inside, into the load uproar of a tavern by night and , by some miracle even up the stairs ,, and when it started to joggle the door to the special guest room ,you challenge the figure: ,,What are you doing here?” In response it only produces a longbow from its robes and draws it threateningly. You are disconcerted o see something like black smoke swirling around the arrow, but seize the opportunity and charge the assailant…
    Only to stumble when the arrow hits you and you´re overcome with a feeling of weakness, like a fever that gnaws at your very soul.

As a full round action (that provokes attacks of opportunity) the hunter can imbue a single arrow with the foul powers of death and then fire it. If it hits, the target takes extra damage equal to the hunter´s Charisma bonus, and must make a Fortitude save against DC 19 or be sickened for 1d4 rounds, taking a -2 penalty on attack rolls, weapon damage rolls, saving throws, skill checks and ability checks. The save DC is Charisma-based. This is a negative energy effect. Creatures that successfully save cannot be sickened by that particular hunter´s dark arrow for 1 hour
    Hunter´s mark (Su)
    With you a crumpled heap on the floor, the attacker turns to break through the suite door only to be interrupted when a fat short man in a brocade nightgown, probably his target, rushed at him with a shortsword, screaming with rage and fear: ,,Who dares disturb the great ᴂdler of Dweaᴂrshire?“ The cowled man countered with a short stab that only glanced off his well fattened ribs. Like a a good arena match it was just a superficial wound, but it was still enough to leave him squirming on the ground and grabbing in horror at a wound that looked like a fire colored burn mark, seeping tainted, black blood. „You will not escape me now, mortal!“ gloated the creature with a deep, hollow voice that seems to resound.
    If a hunter hits a target with a meele attack that target must make a Will save against DC 17 or be marked with a dark brand at the point of contact that bleeds and glows like a burning ember, though it does not cause the creature any harm. The dead hunter can pinpoint the location of the marked creature despite any mundane hideout or disguise as long it is within 60 feet, and gets a +4 circumstance bonus on Survival checks made to track it, if it is whiting five miles of him,or a +2 bonus If it is within 10 miles of him. The brand lasts for (The hunter´s Charisma modifier) days and can be removed with spells as least as powerful as Break enchantment or Remove curse. The dead hunter can mark only one creature at a time, and can erase an existing brand as a free action,which happens automatically if he places a new brand when he has one already active.

Terrible gaze (Su)
    Finally you regained enough strength to stand up and fight, but your blade only slashed the fiendish creature´s cloak, and it retaliated by gazing at you, the crimson eyes staring into the very core of your being, and their dark intent caused the malady to resurge, and wring your life force of of you, like a shirt that is getting washed.
    Range 30 feet, target is shaken for 1d4 rounds, Will save against DC 19 negates. This is a mind-affecting fear effect. If a target is affected by this ability while he is sickened by the effects of the Dark arrow ability he is not shaken. Instead,the duration of the sickening effect is refreshed (roll 1d4 and add the result in rounds to the current duration) and the target takes 3+4 points of negative energy damage each round while he is sickened. The The target must succeed at a Concentration check against DC 13 to cast spells and perform other complex actions successfully.The target can make a Fortitude save against DC 19 to prevent taking the ongoing damage and shorten the duration of the sickening effect by 1 round. The save DCs and amount of ongoing damage are based on Charisma.

Creating dead hunters
    Any caster with a caster level of 12-14 can create dead hunters from mostly intact corpses of intelligent creatures with a true anatomy using the Create undead spell, provided he meets two requirements. First, he must dress the corpse in a traveler´s cape made from fine black cloth, that is however too wispy and skein-like to be useful in harsh weather. Assume that you buy it along with the material components for the spell, and that their cost covers the expense. Second,the creature that provided the corpse must have had the Track feat in life, the caster himself must have it, or he must have an aide that has it and accompanies the creation of the Hunter with a performance that takes a Knowledge (Religion) and a Perform (Any music, dance or sermon) check, both against DC 15 to perform successfully. Failure means that specific assistant can´t help in the raising of that particular corpse for 24 hours.

Dead hunter lore (Knowledge: Religion)
    DC 22 Dead hunters are assassins mostly created by evil clerics to hunt and stalk living creatures. They posses a wide range of skills.
    DC 27 They are very intelligent and capable of stealth, ambushes and tactical cooperation. They use a combination of ranged and meele weapons, and
    nearly always travel in groups. (This level of success reveals information about organization).They are masters of wilderness survival, stealth and intimidation.
    DC32 Dead hunters can use their gaze to strike fear in the hearts of men, use arrows imbued with negative energy that causes a wasting malady when used on targets they frightened, and brand the enemies they wound with a magic mark that gives away their position.

Plot hooks
    -Traveling along a road you encounter a disheveled , mad woman with a glowing, bleeding brand somewhere on her body, who cries for you to save her from the risen dead who are after her life.
    - Protect Gothard Guillard, the elderly, ᴂdler of Dweaᴂrshire from the undead who assault him, and accompany him on a long journey back to his family estate. Discover why he had to leave, even though he becomes distressed and defensive, when asked about his family and lineage.

..Is it just me, or do the designers gloss over a large part of undead immunities when calculating CR?
    Because if you used the complex calculation method (by Vorpal Tribble, at a 2/3rds of the first post) and accounted for flanking immunity, nonlethal immunity, and et cetera separately a 3 HD undead would be approx. CR 7.
    ... But that is not the point here, this is:
    Quote Originally Posted by Gimur View Post
    R.679
    a. A couple of additional Magus spells to sprinkle in for the flavor of lightning and thunder, or a storm.
    H679
    Will these do?
    Spoiler
    Show

Spellbreaking ether School Abjuration [Electricity]
    Level: Magus 2 Sor/Wiz 2
    Components: V, S,
    Casting Time: 1 standard action
    Range: Touch
    Area: 10 ft radius burst
    Duration: 1 round/level
    Saving Throw: Will negates (harmless)
    Spell Resistance: none

Charging the air with the power of lightening, you align the subtle wind essence to ward away magic that flows through it Creatures in the spell´a area gain +2 spell resistance ageist ray spells per two levels of the caster, +1 enhancement bonus to Will saving throws against mind affecting magic per two caster levels and are immune to the the Magic missile spell as the disruptive ethereal currents snare the dart like a net does a fish, making it wink out in a flash of light.

Ether blast School Transmutation [Electricity]
    Level: Magus 2, Sor/Wiz 2
    Components: V, S, M
    Casting Time:
    1 standard action
    Range: Close (25 ft + 5 ft/level)
    Target: One creature per caster level
    Duration: One round per caster level
    Saving Throw: Fortitude negates
    Spell Resistance: Yes

You blast your target with potent wind essence, suppressing their black bile and making them loose and unstable. An affected target takes a -2 penalty to attack rolls and damage a -1 penalty to Reflex saves and a -2 penalty to Strength- and Dexterity based skill checks for the spell´s duration.

[size=3]Thunder strike[/size] School Transmutation [Electricity,sonic]
    Level: Cleric/Oracle 3, Magus 3 Paladin 3, Sor/Wiz 3
    Components: V, S
    Range: Personal
    Target: You
    Duration: 1 round/level or until discharged

You imbue your weapons with the wild might of storms, causing it to deal 2d4 points of extra damage, plus an additional dice of damage per two caster levels you have. Half of the damage dealt is electricity, the other half is sonic.

Storm orb School Conjuration (creation) [Electricity]
    Level: Druid 3, Magus 3, Sor/Wiz 3
    Components: V, S,
    Range: Close (25 feet+5/feet level)
    Target: One creature per three caster levels
    Duration: Instaneous
    Saving Throw: Reflex negates

You shape in your palm what appears to be a tiny storm cloud, complete with little sparks, and raindrops tickling your palm. Make a ranged touch attack to hurl the orb at a target and if it hits, it deals 1d6 points of electricity damage and 1d4 points of nonlethal slashing damage from the water whipping the target at high speed with also causes him to take a -1 circumstance penalty to attack rolls for 1 round.Per every two caster levels you have, the damage increases by a die, and the penalty to attack rolls increases by 1, to a maximum of 11d6 points of electricity damage, 11d4 points of nonlethal slashing damage, and a-10 circumstance penalty at 20th level. For every three levels you have you can throw an additional orb per a single casting of this spell, up to a maximum of six at 20th level A single orb can target only a single creature. and one creature can be he target of only a single orb. Unused orbs are wasted.

Lightening retort School Abjuration [Electricity]
    Level: Sor/wiz 2, Magus 2
    Components: V, S, M, F,
    Range: Touch and Close (25 feet +5 feet/level)
    Target: Creature touched and creature or object attacking it
    Duration: 1 minute/level or until discharged
    Saving Throw: None (harmless) and Fortitude half (see text)
    Spell Resistance: Yes (see text)

When you first cast this spell, your create around the target an invisible barrier, that harmlessly absorbs electricity-based attacks that would harm it, up to a limit of 5 points of damage per caster level. It take all the damage in excess of this amount. The next successful attack that damages the target causes the stored energy to discharge in an arc against the attacker,, dealing 1d6 points of electricity damage per 5 points worth of damage absorbed. To hit with the discharge, you must be able to identify the source of the attack, the attacker must be within (25 feet +5 feet/level) of you and you must hit that target with a ranged touch attack , that uses your base attack bonus plus the modifier of your key ability score that governs your spellcasting (Intelligence for the wizard and magus and Charisma for sorcrers)

Heartstoper School Evocation [Electricity]
    Level: Sor/wiz 5. Magus 5
    Components: V, S, M, F,
    Range: Close (25 feet +5 feet/level)
    Target: one creature or object
    Duration: instant
    Saving Throw: Fortitude partial (see text)

A crackling arc of electricity jumps from your hand and strikes the target in the chest, stopping his heart and killing him instantly. Creatures that succeed at the Fortitude save instead take 1d6 points of electricity damage per level of the caster. Creatures without hearts or circulatory systems, like zombies and vampires only take damage as though they automatically succeeded at the saving throw (and can make a Fortitude save to halve this damage.)
    Creatures without a true anatomy, like skeletons and ooze, as well as objects, automatically take only half the damage resulting from a successful save, and can halve it again with a successfully Fortitude save, for quarter of normal damage that a living creature takes with a successfully Fortitude save.

Surviving creatures with a true anatomy additionally take 1d6-1 points of temporary ability damage to Strength or Dexterity, whichever is lower, unless they make a Fortitude save.

Arcane focus
    A short electrum spike inscribed with arcane runes relating to lightening. The caster stabs the heart with it during casting and points it at the target to channel the magic. It costs 300 gp to purchase.
    Material component
    The heart of a living creature that was killed by natural, mundane lightening. It costs 100 gp to purchase.

Sorry for using the 3.5 format instead of the Pathfinder one, but I could not find a board compatible template, with all these lines and dividers.
    I have a feeling it will need a thorough PEACHing, so please, feel free, anybody.

R704
    Can anybody homebrew this creature for 3.5e? I´m thinking Aberration, 8-10 CR, has SLAs (PsLAs?) of Psychic warrior powers, maybe a few kineticist powers for more gish potenial.
    For fluff I´m imaging that it is an enforcer or a "squad commander-slash- foreman" of sort to a troop of slavers, from a race of psinonic aberration aliens who enslaved a primitive race of humanoids on a harsh desert world. (Think the Stargate movie.)
    So to summarize, a big, tough, Large-sized, humanoid abberation head slave-driver guy with both psionic powers and physical power, and some abilities to represent commanding his allies and slaves. CR 8-10.
    I will be very grateful if somebody does this. Thanks in advance!
    Last edited by ScIaDrd; 2011-10-30 at 10:25 AM.
    78% of DM's started their first campaign in a tavern. If you're one of the 22% that didn't, copy and paste this into your signature.

I started mine in the Players´ house in a large elven city.
    Boring, duh.
    GENERATION 17: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig and add 1 to the generation. social experiment

My Paladin´s to-be motto:
    Peace and love through superior firepower and divine righteousness.
    If you approve, copy and paste this into your signature.

29. - Top - End - #29
    Ogre in the Playground

C704 There are stats for those in Monsternomicon 2, which I have. Not OGL but if you drop me a PM we can sort something out.

30. - Top - End - #30

C705

This poor soul Placed his thread in the wrong area and I want to see what a Demon Slayer would look like
    Cult of the Playground est. 2011

Proud owner of 1 internet

Cult of the Playground Highly endorses the ideals of the Tippyverse, World Optimization and "Paradise". its Clerics are encouraged to Optimize everything that they set there sights on. Perfection is our goal.
    to join simply copy this.

Doctrine
    Spoiler
    Show

Killing a God, By Tippy
    Has your party been checked for DWS