New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 4 of 50 FirstFirst 123456789101112131429 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #91
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: Request a Homebrew: Thread 2!

C. 731 Care to be a bit more specific in what you mean by "fey" race? Elves are a pretty credible fey race already. Heck, just change the creature type on a non-human race from the PHB and you've got something passable...

More info and i'll see what i an do though [or you can check out the four races in Fae-o-matic]
    Mine is not so much a Peter Pan Complex as a Peter Pan Doom Fortress and Underground LairTM!
    Fae-o-matic Want a fae from folklore stated? Give me the lore and I'll do it for you!
    Le Cirque Funeste Evil Fairy Circus! Ray Bradbury, refined down to snortable powder!

2. - Top - End - #92
    Dwarf in the Playground

R735 A lesser half dragon, lets say 1/4 dragon. Ideally it should have +1 LA

3. - Top - End - #93
    Bugbear in the Playground

H735

Gain Dragonblood subtype.

Natural Armor +2

+4 on saves against sleep or paralysis

Resistance 10 to one energy type. If the energy type is fire or cold, also immune to hot or cold weather respectively.

Strength +4

Add sorcerer as an alternative favorite class.

Quarter-dragons can be mistaken for ordinary members of their base species, but close examination (dc 15 spot) reveals that their skin is scaly, and their eyes are the same color as their draconic parent.

4. - Top - End - #94
    Ettin in the Playground

R736

Could someone take a crack at making a Cactus Leshy?

They're only mentioned in the fluff for Leshys in the Bestiary 3 as being surly.

I'm looking for them to be CR 3 and Constitution being their biggest stat. Otherwise, go nuts.

Leshy Subtype

Fungus Leshy
    Last edited by Tanuki Tales; 2011-12-29 at 12:17 AM.

5. - Top - End - #95
    Ettin in the Playground

R 737

Could somebody make me a low CR (1-4) demon for pathfinder? I'm not too picky on the details, but it would probably work best being fairly generic.
    "For it is in passing that we achieve immortality" - Pyrrha Nikos

Quote Originally Posted by Stu42 View Post
    I used to like called shots. Then I took an arrow to the knee.
    Arvak Avatar by Dirtytabs

6. - Top - End - #96
    Titan in the Playground

C 737
    What's wrong with dretch or quasit?
    Last edited by ericgrau; 2012-01-03 at 12:36 AM.
    So you never have to interrupt a game to look up a rule again:
    My 3.5e Rules Cheat Sheets: Normal, With Consolidated Skill System
    TOGC's 3.5e Spell/etc Cards: rpgnow / drivethru rpg
    Utilities: Magic Item Shop Generator (Req. MS Excel), Balanced Low Magic Item System
    Printable Cardstock Dungeon Tiles and other terrain stuff (100 MB)

7. - Top - End - #97
    Ettin in the Playground

To specify:
    I would like a brute-type demon. The dretch is CR 2, the Vrock is CR 9. That's a pretty big cap that I would like filled.
    "For it is in passing that we achieve immortality" - Pyrrha Nikos

Quote Originally Posted by Stu42 View Post
    I used to like called shots. Then I took an arrow to the knee.
    Arvak Avatar by Dirtytabs

8. - Top - End - #98
    Ogre in the Playground

R 738: I'm actually looking for two "worthy" opponents. I need an opponent for a 5 rogue/1fighter, who will become an invisible blade soon, and also a worthy opponent for a level 6 ranger, who has taken the two weapon path, to become a Master of Two Weapons prestige class (homebrew dandwiki site). Both will be 1 vs 1, the invisible blade opponent can be almost anything I would think, but the ranger's opponent would need to wield two weapons.

I really want to put them through the ringer. Not kill them, but make them exhaust all they have in that one fight. Any suggestions?
    Path of the Nefarious: A Way of the Wicked Journal.
    Please take a look at the adventures of my group going through Fire Mountain Games's Way of the Wicked, An evil based Pathfinder Compatible adventure path.
    http://d20evil.blogspot.com/

9. - Top - End - #99
    Firbolg in the Playground

@R 738
    Fighter 6 for the ranger. Two weapon fighting, shield focus, weapon focus large shield. Improved Shield Bash, Improved TWF. Dodge, Improved Toughness. Weapon Specialization (Large Shield).

Equips one wooden large shield, one steel large shield. With or without spikes. If enchanted use weapon enhancements such as flaming. Leave the bonus to AC: +1, etc.
    Use a race such as goliath for improved combative abilities. (bigger shields=more damage)

For the invisible blade:
    Cleric/Monk
    Versatile Unarmed Combat
    Leap of the heavens
    Deity with war domain and unarmed preferred weapon for weapon focus.
    robes, while clothing can still have an armor bonus, but lets use bracers anyway.
    Ring of shield for a permanent +2 shield bonus (force effect) to AC. Costs 8k.
    Alertness.
    Weapon Finesse
    Improved Grapple
    Cleric Spell: See invisibility, if you can afford it, permanent, if not, potions. Race Halfling, Strength 12 (cost 6), Dex 17 (cost 8), Con 14 (Cost 6), Wisdom 16 (cost 8), Int 12 (Cost 4, skills: Jump, Spot, Listen), Charisma 8 (no cost)
    Has spells: Magic Weapon (RAW: can enchant fists), See Invisibility, Cure Minor Wounds, w/e.
    Last edited by Ralasha; 2012-01-03 at 04:08 PM.
    Internet currently unreliable, please have patience.

[COLOR="Red"]We require additional Pylons.
    Spoiler
    Show
    I am a
    Spoiler
    Show
    Neutral Good Human Cleric(2)/Monk(3)/Ranger(2)/Sorcerer(4)
    With the Ability Scores:
    Strength-16
    Dexterity-16
    Constitution-18
    Intelligence-17
    Wisdom-14
    Charisma-14

My pets:
    Spoiler
    Show

Kitten:
      /l、
    ゙(゚、 。 7
     l、゙ ~ヽ
     じしf_, )ノ
    Bunny
    /\ /|
    \ V/
    | "")
    / \ \
    *(__\_\

10. - Top - End - #100
    Ogre in the Playground

I have had it said, on many occasions, that any storyline of a paladin falling can be done with any LG (or for that matter Good) character and just be handled organically.

As the paladin is a disappointing class once this organic falling is done, I would like to ask:

R739

Could someone create a trait or other similar system by which any character can have a code similar to a paladin's code of conduct and gain small benefits from said code?

Basically, if the Code of Conduct from the Paladin was a Trait, what benefits would come in exchange? Perhaps some small benefit from Paladin (divine grace, smite evil, etc.)?

Thanks in advance
    Feel free to PM me if you want something PEACHed. I may not be one of the greats, but I'll do it if you ask.

"One of us is tender,
    One of us is not,
    One of us takes vengeance,
    All four tied in a knot
    "

My homebrew

(U)sually in any game situation the biggest control freak will gravitate towards the job of being the GM anyway.

11. - Top - End - #101

H739

Feat: Holy Vows [exalted]

You have taken certain vows to uphold moral principles, and are rewarded by the powers of goodness. All clerics of good-aligned deities will intuitively recognize this and start out friendly to you. You gain additional benefits depending on which vows you take.

If you break a vow, you lose the benefits of that vow and take a stacking -1 morale penalty to all attacks, skill checks and saves until you receive atonement. If you cease to be good, you lose all benefits of this feat until you receive atonement.

When you take this feat, you may take 1-3 of the vows listed. You may take this feat multiple times -- each time taking 1-3 additional vows.

This feat can replace Sacred Vow as a prerequisite.

Vow Benefit
    help those in need (unless they will use that help for evil) lay on hands, remove disease 1/week and divine health
    protect the innocent divine grace
    punish evildoers smite evil (ceil(level/5) times/day)
    tell the truth detect evil at will
    respect legitimate authority immunity to fear
    respect individual liberty immunity to compulsion
    turn aside from all goals that are not the pursuit of goodness special mount
    never harm a thinking being who does not personally deserve it, and never more than is deserved (special: if you violate this oath but make restitution and receive forgiveness, that counts as an atonement spell) turn undead
    support all good-aligned churches Either: gain paladin spellcasting based on your hit dice and add spellcraft and concentration to your class skill list regardless of class or add the paladin spell list to your class spell list, the palading spells/day for your caster level to your spells/day, and (if applicable) 2 spells known for spell levels 1-4 starting 3 levels after you become able to cast that level spells
    Last edited by dspeyer; 2015-06-03 at 09:34 PM.

12. - Top - End - #102
    Titan in the Playground

H 737

Candle Demon
    A human-shaped figure with sharp teeth and glowing yellow eyes dripping tear-like wax.

Candle demons arise when a lesser demon begins to evolve into a babau. Their excess fat feeds into their eyes and burns away over the course of about one month during the transformation. They are often found traveling to a new location in expectation of their new found power.

CR 4
    XP 1,200

CE Medium outsider (chaotic, demon, evil, extraplanar)
    Init +1; Senses darkvision 60 ft.; Perception +8
    AC 16, touch 11, flat-footed 15 (+5 natural, +1 dex)
    hp 42 (5d10+15)
    Fort +7, Ref +5, Will +4
    DR 10/cold iron or good; Immune electricity, poison; Resist acid 5, cold 5, fire 5

OFFENSE
    Speed 30 ft.
    Melee 2 claws +8 (1d6+3), bite +8 (1d6+3) or longspear +8 (1d8+3/x3), bite +8 (1d6+3)
    Space 5 ft.; Reach 5 ft.
    Spell-Like Abilities (CL 4th)
    2/day-flaming sphere (DC 16)
    1/day-summon (level 2, 1 candle demon at 40%)

STATISTICS
    Str 16, Dex 12, Con 17, Int 10, Wis 12, Cha 14
    Base Atk +7; CMB +12; CMD 23
    Feats Combat Reflexes, Ability Focus (flaming sphere), Iron will
    Skills Perception +12, Stealth +1; racial modifiers -4 stealth, +4 perception
    Languages Abyssal, Celestial; telepathy 100 ft.

SPECIAL ABILITIES
    Transformation (Su)
    A candle demon that takes half or more of his HP (21) in fire damage (after subtracting resistance) becomes a babau. His abilities and appearance change accordingly, however his HP total remains unchanged. A candle demon may not heal fire damage, even after the transformation, until the 1 month normally required for the transformation has elapsed. A desperate candle demon may intentionally target himself with a flaming sphere, especially if he has already taken some fire damage.

Flaming Sphere (SLA)
    A candle demon fires flaming spheres out of his eyes and controls them mentally, as with the spell. The glow in an eye is gone once a sphere is launched from it. A candle demon that has not yet released his flaming spheres has eyes that glow as bright as candle light, giving him a -4 to stealth checks.

COMBAT
    A candle demon likes to throw 1 or 2 flaming spheres until engaged, then he fights with his long spear while redirecting flaming spheres.
    Last edited by ericgrau; 2012-01-05 at 06:26 PM.
    Utilities: Magic Item Shop Generator (Req. MS Excel), Balanced Low Magic Item System

13. - Top - End - #103
    Orc in the Playground

R740

A Combat Style Option for Pathfinder Rangers that gives the ranger an ability to inspire troops on the battlefield like a bard through Battle Oration. A ranger with this Combat Style Option couldn't help you knit something better but could inspire you to greater feats of kick-buttitude.

14. - Top - End - #104
    Barbarian in the Playground

Goblin

Quote Originally Posted by togapika View Post
    R 730: I would like a playable genie race as close to 0 LA as possible for Pathfinder

The main important thing would be that they are an actual genie, not descended from or some sort of half-breed.
    An ability most likely at later levels somehow involving wishes would be awesome
    Re-Posting so it doesn't get lost
    Quote Originally Posted by Fredaintdead View Post
    *high fives*
    Someone get this man a medal, because he either reads my posts or my mind.

Avvy by azuyomi244
    A Warforged Warlock who thinks he's a gnome in a power-suit?

15. - Top - End - #105
    Titan in the Playground

H 730

Lesser Genie
    A lesser genie looks similar to a human save for the ocassional gleam of gold in their eye (5% chance each round). Typically they arise when a genie has been bound on the material plane too long and his power has faded. However, with practice, it may be awoken again. Lesser genies have the following abilities:
    • Outsider(native) type. They are not affected by "person" spells but they may be raised from the dead normally. They are affected by planar binding spells, even if they merely walk into a properly prepared circle. Once bound in a circle they may be bottled and from then on are treated as if still within the circle and may be bound normally until the task is complete.
    • A lesser genie gains the following spell like abilities 1/day as he progresses in hit dice. Caster level is equal to his hit dice. Save DCs are charisma based.
      {table]HD|Spell Like Ability
      1|Create wine (as create water, but common wine is made instead)
      3|Enlarge Person (except works on self too)
      5|Invisibility (self only)
      7|Fly
      9|Gaseous Form (up to 1 hour)
      11|Major Creation
      13|Plane Shift (willing targets to elemental, material or astral planes only)
      15|Limited Wish
      17|Incendiary Cloud
      19|Wish
      [/table]
      The lesser genie must expend the normal experience point cost on any limited wish or wish creating a permanent effect (magic item, ability score increase, permanent illusion, etc.)
    Last edited by ericgrau; 2012-01-06 at 03:08 PM.

16. - Top - End - #106
    Ogre in the Playground

R 741 Anyone feel up to making a template, capable of turning a non-intelligent undead (Such as a skeleton or zombie) into an intelligent one, that has LA (AKA turns it into a playable creature)?
    Say, an infusion of magic bolstered the soul attacked to the rotting corpse (or animated skeleton), letting it make decisions on it's own again, and bringing a magically enhanced capability to learn, but didn't bring back memories, making it so whoever enchanted it had to raise it up like a child, or something, and after 3 or 5 or so years it's as mentally capable as a first level human fighter of 20 years of age.

So, a human skeleton + this template + 1 level of wizard would be technically as challenging to face as a human wizard 1, but might have some LA, maybe 1 or 2.

I understand if it's too much.

@V: Oh. Thankyou. I'm going to have to look that up. It retains the Undead type, but gains an INT score?
    Demilich avatar by Smuchmuch. Thank you VERY much!

Old Extended Signature, last updated in 2012
    Awright, Supagoof, that's just awesome. Thanks!
    Spoiler
    Show

Infernal avatar by Savana. Thanks!

Nude version by SmuchMuch.

17. - Top - End - #107
    Firbolg in the Playground

H-741: See also: Undying. Libris Mortis.
    Internet currently unreliable, please have patience.

[COLOR="Red"]We require additional Pylons.
    Spoiler
    Show
    I am a
    Spoiler
    Show
    Neutral Good Human Cleric(2)/Monk(3)/Ranger(2)/Sorcerer(4)
    With the Ability Scores:
    Strength-16
    Dexterity-16
    Constitution-18
    Intelligence-17
    Wisdom-14
    Charisma-14

My pets:
    Spoiler
    Show

Kitten:
      /l、
    ゙(゚、 。 7
     l、゙ ~ヽ
     じしf_, )ノ
    Bunny
    /\ /|
    \ V/
    | "")
    / \ \
    *(__\_\

18. - Top - End - #108
    Pixie in the Playground

H 736

Here's your cactus Leshy

Regrettably, I know absolutely nothing about the Pathfinder system, so I just browsed on the wiki links you posted to make sure I was following format

This is mostly stats, you can add fluff as you wish

Hope its workable

CACTUS LESHY (CR 3)
    XP 600
    N Small plant (leshy)
    Init +2

DEFENSE

AC 15, touch 14, flat-footed 11 (+2 Dex, +1 size)
    hp 15 (2d8+6)
    Fort +7, Ref +2, Will +2
    Immune heat, sonic, plan traits

OFFENSE

Speed 20 ft
    Melee bite +2 (1d6), stab (1d8)
    Ranged none
    Special attacks none
    Spell-Like Abilities (CL 4th; concentration +6_

STATISTICS

Str 12, Dex 15, Con 20, Int 7, Wis 14, Cha 15
    Base Atk +1; CMB +0; CMD 12
    Peace, Yin-yangs and Belgium Wafflemakers!

Kudos to Ahp77 for the awesome avatar!

19. - Top - End - #109
    Colossus in the Playground

R 742

I'd like to see a homebrew discipline based around brute force and destruction, with a bludgeoning flavor/focus (kind of like Stone Dragon, but better, a little more varied, and without stupid ground restrictions)

Please keep it entirely mundane, no supernatural maneuvers. Thank you.

20. - Top - End - #110
    Orc in the Playground

SwashbucklerGuy

H 743

I would like a CR 15 "giant monster" for my campaign. It would be a flying, gargantuan blue dragon like creature, but with seven limbs that could switch between many things Prototype-Style.

H 744

I would like a villain for my MLP:FIM PF campaign. It should emphasize a concept that is anathema to friendship, and be able to destroy in packs. Each CR 9. If it could seem like it belonged in the show, that's a plus.

No more trolling for me!

21. - Top - End - #111
    Ogre in the Playground

R 745

artificer/warlock dual progression prestige class. perhaps with the chance to make wondrous items with invocations or some such.
    Avatar by Szilard, thank you sir for the fine work!

my home brew. you should PEACH them...
    Telekineticist
    Razor
    Shield
    blasterv4
    mindbender

22. - Top - End - #112

Quote Originally Posted by NeoSeraphi View Post
    R 742

I'd like to see a homebrew discipline based around brute force and destruction, with a bludgeoning flavor/focus (kind of like Stone Dragon, but better, a little more varied, and without stupid ground restrictions)

Please keep it entirely mundane, no supernatural maneuvers. Thank you.
    C 742 Not sure if either of these is exactly what you want, but here is Endarire's revised Stone Dragon and my own Crashing Wave, though the latter focuses more on bullrushing and a bit of sundering, which might not be what you had in mind.
    Homebrew
    Current Project (A sequel to Tome of Battle)
    Past Projects, some of which I may come back to
    Spoiler
    Show
    Baldric Sea Campaign Setting (work in progress)
    later version of the Sea Dog base class from it

23. - Top - End - #113
    Pixie in the Playground

DruidGirl

R746

I would like a class based on the body part replacement and modification aspects of naruto's Sasori and Kakazu with some influence from the denizens of MTG's Esper.

R747

My other request is for a class that makes small transformer like construsts that can change from an item to a small or tiny construct. I would preffer if they had or could get a built in weapon and had good deffence.

24. - Top - End - #114
    Orc in the Playground

R748

Looking for Tome of Battle style Epic Destinies. Something along the lines of Demented One's and Krimm's ED's. None have been done for ToB, and I think they would be worthwhile. Preferably one for the main 3 classes.
    Thanks to The Randomizer for the great Eldar Ranger Avatar!!!

25. - Top - End - #115

H748.c

Eternal Champion

Prerequisites: Strike of Righteous Vitality, complete obsession with a cause

21st: Awareness of The Cause

You are always aware of where your cause is in need, regardless of distance, even on other planes. This knowledge does not distract you or drive you mad (well, no madder than you already are). You don't know all the details, but where and how severe.

24th: Presence of The Cause

Wherever the struggle continues, there you are. You may teleport or plane shift at will to a place where your help is needed in fighting for The Cause.

27th: Assistance to The Cause

Whenever someone else fighting for The Cause calls out for help, you may offer yours. If they allow it, you may possess their body for up to five minutes. You use their physical abilities but the better of their and your skills, feats, maneuvers, or class abilities. You may only possess one person at a time this way. It does not effect your ability to act in your own body simultaneously.

30th: Widespread Assistance to The Cause

By placing your physical body into a deep trance, you may possess up to 9 willing champions as in Assistance to The Cause. No two possessees may be within 10 miles of eachother.

Immortality:

When your physical body gives out, you may remain in the trance, always aware of the need, flitting from champion to champion, giving aid where needed, until The Cause is victorious at last.
    Last edited by dspeyer; 2012-02-02 at 10:03 PM.

26. - Top - End - #116
    Orc in the Playground

That's pretty interesting. The possession bit was surprising. My only concern is that it actually has nothing to do with ToB except having it as a pre-req.
    Thanks to The Randomizer for the great Eldar Ranger Avatar!!!

27. - Top - End - #117
    Pixie in the Playground

DwarfFighterGuy

R749

I'm looking for a real arcane archer. I want the duskblade who fight with a bow. Sorry if its already created, I didn't find it ^^'

Thank you for your time and have a nice day

Quickly! Give me some knee armor!!!

BTW here's my homebrews :
    The Void Champion
    The Breaker

28. - Top - End - #118
    Titan in the Playground

H749

Duskbow (Duskblade ACF)

Armored Mage (Ex): Replace "heavy shield" with "buckler".

Precise Shot: At 2nd level the duskbow gains precise shot as a bonus feat. He need not meet its prerequisites. This replaces combat casting.

Arcane Channeling (Su): This ability lets you cast a touch spell through your weapon with a ranged attack instead of a melee attack.

Duskbow Spell List
    • Remove Blade of Blood, add Arrow of Blood: Targets a projectile or thrown weapon instead. You must decide whether or not to sacrifice the hit points when the projectile is fired or weapon thrown rather than when it hits.
    • Remove Stretch Weapon, add Distant Weapon: Doubles the ranged increment of a ranged weapon instead. This stacks with far shot but not the distant magic weapon property.
    • Remove Crown of Might, add Crown of Agility: Increases dexterity instead.
    • Remove Toxic Weapon, add Toxic Arrow: Targets a single projectile or thrown weapon instead. The spell is discharged even if the weapon misses.
    • Add flame arrow as a level 3 spell. Remove vampiric touch.
    • Clarification: A single arcane channeled chill touch may affect multiple fired projectiles as long as they are launched from the same weapon. Misses do expend uses of the spell.
    Last edited by ericgrau; 2012-02-01 at 03:07 AM.

29. - Top - End - #119
    Pixie in the Playground

DwarfFighterGuy

Thank you for your quick awnser, but just to be sure, are you saying to change the Duskblade to a range class (easly done didn't think about it) or are you talking about the PrC in the homebrew (wich is no that nice IMO)

Thank you for your time and have a nice day

Quickly! Give me some knee armor!!!

BTW here's my homebrews :
    The Void Champion
    The Breaker

30. - Top - End - #120
    Titan in the Playground

It's a base class ya, taking the duskblade and making it ranged via alternate class features. Make the changes noted and use the normal duskblade class description for everything else.
    Last edited by ericgrau; 2012-02-01 at 03:04 AM.