New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 10 of 50 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161718192035 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #271
    Bugbear in the Playground

Default Re: Request a Homebrew: Thread 2!

H790

The Duelist

{table=head]Level|BAB|Fort Save|Ref Save|Will Save|special|Bonus Damage
    1st|1|2|2|0|Dodge, Weapon Finesse|1d4
    2nd|2|3|3|0|Mobility, Improved Unarmed Strike|1d6
    3rd|3|3|3|1|Improved reaction +1, Deft Strike|1d8
    4th|4|4|4|1|Parry|2d6
    5th|5|4|4|1|Acrobatics: 10|3d6
    6th|6|5|5|2|Mind Battle|4d6
    7th|7|5|5|2|Canny defense|5d6
    8th|8|6|6|2|Improved reaction +2, Parry Riposte|6d6
    9th|9|6|6|3|Enhanced mobility, Speed of the Wind|7d6
    10th|10|7|7|3|Grace, Acrobatics 20|8d6
    11th|11|7|7|3|Acrobatic charge|9d6
    12th|12|8|8|4|Manticore Parry|10d6
    13th|13|8|8|4|Improved reaction +4|11d6
    14th|14|9|9|4|Deflect Arrows|6d12
    15th|15|9|9|5|Acrobatics: 30|7d12
    16th|16|10|10|5|Speed of the Hurricane, Repeated Parry|9d12
    17th|17|10|10|5|Leap of Death|11d12
    18th|18|11|11|6|Improved reaction +8|100
    19th|19|11|11|6|Speed of the Tornado|150
    20th|20|12|12|6|Acrobatics: 40|200[/table]

Hit die: d10
    Class skills: Balance (Dex), Bluff (Cha), Escape Artist (Dex), Jump (Str), Listen (Wis), Perform (Cha), Sense Motive (Wis), Spot (Wis), and Tumble (Dex).
    Skill Points at Each Level: 4 + Int modifier.

Bonus Damage(ex): Once per round, when you hit an enemy with a finnessable piercing weapon, you may add this as precision damage. You must decide to use this ability before making the attack roll.

Dodge, Weapon Finesse, Mobility, Improved Unarmed Strike(ex): Gain these bonus feats. If you already have any of them, gain any other for which you qualify.

Improved reaction(ex): Gain this bonus on initiative

Deft Strike(ex): Add dex to damage when using weapon finesse

Parry(ex): Once per round, as an immediate action, you can parry an incoming blow. Roll an attack against whomever is attacking you. If yours is higher, their attack misses. If you lose your dex bonus to AC, you lose this as well.

Acrobatics(ex): As a swift action, you may jump or tumble up to this distance.

Mind Battle(ex): You use your successes to demoralize your enemy. For every failed attack in a row he has made against you, he takes a stacking -2 penalty on successive attacks. You can only apply this ability to one enemy at a time.

Canny defense(ex): Int to AC

Parry Riposte(ex): When you successfully parry a blow, you may simultaneously attack with a secondary weapon or unarmed strike.

Enhanced mobility(ex): +4 to AC against AoOs

Speed of the Wind(ex): An additional attack at your highest bonus in a full attack.

Grace(ex): +2 to all saves

Acrobatic charge(ex): Jump and Tumble in the middle of a charge

Manticore Parry(ex): When you successfully parry a blow by a margin of 5 or more, you may redirect it at its sender. Roll a second attack against his AC. If successful, he takes the damage he would have inflicted on you.

Deflect Arrows(ex): Gain the benefit of the Deflect Arrows feat when using a light or one-handed piercing weapon.

Speed of the Hurricane(ex): A second additional attack at your highest bonus in a full attack.

Repeated Parry(ex): You may parry a number of times per round equal to your dex modifier. All must be from the same attacker.

Leap of Death(ex): Jump over your enemy (jump DC = his AC) and attack. If you succeed at both, he must make a fort save (dc 19+your str) or die.

Speed of the Tornado(ex): Make two full attacks as a single full-round action

Author's Note
    I tried to keep the powers a little behind a warblade or crusader, to make up for no need to refresh. Hopefully the bits I took straight from ToB don't stand out too badly.
    Last edited by dspeyer; 2012-07-26 at 09:40 AM.

2. - Top - End - #272
    Ettin in the Playground

R 795

I have a request for a pathfinder archetype, a Plague-bearer antipaladin. I would like it to have the ability to neutralize a paladin's immunity to disease, as a regular antipaladin can neutralize a paladin's immunity to fear.
    "For it is in passing that we achieve immortality" - Pyrrha Nikos

Quote Originally Posted by Stu42 View Post
    I used to like called shots. Then I took an arrow to the knee.
    Arvak Avatar by Dirtytabs

3. - Top - End - #273
    Halfling in the Playground

R 796

[3.5/PF]
    I'd like to request any tries at a Druid without spellcasting.
    I was thinking, in particular, giving them more wildshape and cool stuff for their animal companion, with the end result balanced somewhere around teir 3.
    Thanks to Ceika for the awesome avatar.

4. - Top - End - #274
    Banned

R 797 A 3.5 version of 4e Caiphon as a vestige

5. - Top - End - #275

R796

Something like this?

6. - Top - End - #276

Quote Originally Posted by dspeyer View Post
    R796

Something like this?
    That would be the sort of thing I was talking about, but I think the point based system is a little more complex than I was hoping for. I'd rather it work off the existing Wild Shape mechanic in its entirety as opposed to changing how it works based on level. I was thinking more of a Druid variant/archetype with a different focus than an entirely different class with different mechanics.
    Thanks to Ceika for the awesome avatar.

7. - Top - End - #277

Planetar

smile Re: Request a Homebrew: Thread 2!

I'd like to see an epic level aeon from Pathfinder, sort of Pleroma-esque (maybe even the Monad itself) but more epic, like 25th level wizard/25th level cleric multiclass epic. It would be awsome if one of you guys could do that for me.
    Last edited by demonman24; 2012-07-29 at 09:34 PM.

8. - Top - End - #278

R799
    A 5-10 level prestige class that specializing in enhancing dual welding should accessible to fighters and is dexterity focused
    Last edited by weso12; 2012-07-29 at 09:58 PM.

9. - Top - End - #279

Planetar

Also, the 25th level cleric/25th level wizard aeon should be optimized in every area, but not to the ridiculous point of things like Pun-Pun.
    Last edited by demonman24; 2012-07-30 at 04:51 PM.

10. - Top - End - #280
    Ogre in the Playground

C 796 (sort of like H 796, but I didn't actually write anything)
    I would recommend the SRD wild shape ranger.

For best balance, give the ranger full wildshape as the druid, despite what the ACF says. If you have the PHBII, the Shapeshifter variant makes morphing very easy, and also applies a wildshape nerf that stops abusability. Take the PHBII shapeshifter variant instead of the ranger's scaling combat styles, and give him an animal companion with his effective druid level equivalent to his ranger level (instead of 1/2 ranger level, like in the PHB), plus Natural Spell at 1st level for free, and you have yourself the iconic wild hunstman with some magic, favored enemies for hunting, and a bit of animal stealth later on.

EDIT: As a warning, I only played the shapeshifter variant of the PHBII once, and didn't test everything out. The animal companion tends to tank harder and hit harder than most warriors, so maybe making your effective druid level equal to Ranger Level - 2 would be better. Can someone offer feedback here?

EDITEDIT: In lieu of that, the beastman is a favorite of mine and is one of Grod the Giant's best. You could give that a look, though I like the ranger idea because it's not using anything new.
    Last edited by Just to Browse; 2012-08-01 at 02:10 PM.

11. - Top - End - #281
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by weso12 View Post
    R799
    A 5-10 level prestige class that specializing in enhancing dual welding should accessible to fighters and is dexterity focused
    C 799
    Couple questions:
    • What role are you looking at? (dexterity-tank, damage-dealing, etc.)
    • Are you OK with stuff like sudden strike or skirmish damage?
    • When do you want it accessible? I'll make it for a level 5 fighter if you have no preference.
    • Do you want the abilities on par with the fighter class abilities, or something that brings him up to the rogue/warblade level?
    Last edited by Just to Browse; 2012-08-01 at 02:03 PM.

12. - Top - End - #282

Quote Originally Posted by Just to Browse View Post
    C 799
    Couple questions:
    • What role are you looking at? (dexterity-tank, damage-dealing, etc.)
    • Are you OK with stuff like sudden strike or skirmish damage?
    • When do you want it accessible? I'll make it for a level 5 fighter if you have no preference.
    • Do you want the abilities on par with the fighter class abilities, or something that brings him up to the rogue/warblade level?
    • Damage dealing
    • Sure
    • Level 5 is fine
    • Rouge/warblade level

13. - Top - End - #283
    Ogre in the Playground

God I hate tables... Also it could use a better name. I just stole the name of a crappy CW Prestige Class. Still a WIP, but you can use the earlier levels, since it goes to five already.

H 799

The Tempest

Requirements:
    • Base attack bonus: +5
    • Dexterity: 15
    • Feats:Combat Reflexes, Two-Weapon Fighting, Weapon Finesse

HD: d10
    {table=head]Level|BAB|Fort|Ref|Will|Special
    1|+1|+2|+2|+0|Improved Two-Weapon Fighting, Whirlwind Attack
    2|+2|+3|+3|+0|Quick Step, Skirmish (+1d6)
    3|+3|+3|+3|+1|Ambidexterity (1), As the Wind (+1), Deadly Finesse
    4|+4|+4|+4|+1|Halting Blows, Skirmish (+2d6)
    5|+5|+4|+4|+1|As the Wind (+2), Quicker Step, Tempest
    6|+6|+5|+5|+2|Greater Two-Weapon Fighting, Skirmish (+3d6), Ambidexterity (2)
    7|+7|+5|+5|+2|As the Wind (+3), Mercuric Motion, Juggernaut
    8|+8|+6|+6|+2|Parry Like Mad, Skirmish (+4d6)
    9|+9|+6|+6|+3|As the Wind (+4), Unstoppable Force, Windstorm Rush
    10|+10|+7|+7|+3|Perfect Two-Weapon Fighting, Skirmish (+5d6)
    [/table]

Class Skills: Balance (Dex), Climb (Str), Craft (Int), Handle Animal (Cha), Intimidate (Cha), Escape Artist (Dex), Jump (Str), Listen (Wis), Ride (Dex), Sleight of Hand (Dex), Swim (Str), Spot (Wis), Tumble (Dex), and Use Rope (Dex).
    Class Skills at Each Level : 4 + Int modifier

Class Features:
    Proficiencies: The Tempest gains proficiency with 1 exotic weapon, chosen when taking the first level of this class, but gain no proficiency with any armor or with shields.

Improved Two-Weapon Fighting: A Tempest gains the Improved Two-Weapon Fighting feat as a Bonus Feat. He must meet all prerequisites of this feat in order to obtain it. If he already has Improved Two-Weapon Fighting, he may select another feat from the Fighter Bonus Feat list.

Whirlwind Attack: A Tempest also gains the Whirlwind Attack feat as a Bonus Feat. He need not meet all the prerequisites of this feat, but may only use it if wearing armor heavier than light. If he already has Whirlwind Attack, he may select another feat from the Fighter Bonus Feat list. He must meet all the prerequisites of that feat, and may use it regardless of what armor he is wearing.

Quick Step(Ex): Tempests of at least 2nd level know how to dance with danger. A tempest may take two 5-foot steps in a round instead of one. Any restriction on 5-foot steps applies to both.

Skirmish (Ex): A tempest relies on mobility to deal extra damage. 2nd level or higher tempests deal an extra 1d6 points of damage on all attacks he makes during any round in which he moves at least 10 feet. The extra damage applies only to attacks taken during the tempest's turn. This extra damage increases by 1d6 for every two levels gained above 2nd (2d6 at 4th, 3d6 at 6th, 4d6 at 8th, and 5d6 at 10th level). Unlike other sources of skirmish damage, this damage applies to all creatures.

This damage does not apply on attacks made when the tempest is wearing armor heavier than light. If the tempest has skirmish damage from another class, the bonuses stack, and there is no restriction to what sort of creature can be hurt by skirmish damage from any source.

Ambidexterity (Ex): Starting at third level, penalties for two-weapon fighting that the tempest takes are reduced by 1 (to -3, -3 or -1, -1 if fighting with a light weapon in your off-hand). At sixth level, these penalties are reduced by 2 (to -2, -2, or +0 if fighting with a light weapon in your off-hand).

As the Wind (Ex): A tempest of at least third level becomes even more fluid on the battlefield, and gains a +1 dodge bonus to Armor Class. This increases by 1 every two levels after third (+2 at 5th, +3 at 7th, +4 at 9th).

Unlike other bonuses, dodge bonuses stack with each other. If a tempest would be subjected to an attack where he loses his Dexterity bonus to Armor Class, he also loses any dodge bonuses to Armor Class.

Deadly Finesse (Ex): At third level, a tempest can use the Weapon Finesse feat with any one-handed weapon and adds his Dexterity modifier, instead of his Strength modifier, to any damage he deals with a weapon.

Halting Blows (Ex): Any time a tempest of at least fourth level successfully hits a creature (even if all the damage is reduced), he may force that creature to make a Fortitude Save (DC of 10 + 1/2 the tempest's HD + the tempest's Dexterity modifier) or become immobilized for 1 round. Creatures with four or more legs or who are otherwise stable (such as from the dwarf's stability racial feature or from being an ooze), or who are immune to critical hits get a +2 bonus on this save. The bonuses from having multiple qualifying traits stacks.

Quicker Step (Ex): A tempest of at least level five is a weaponized blur. A tempest may spend a swift action to take a 5-foot step which does not provoke attacks of opportunity. If a creature declares an action, the tempest may spend an immediate action that does not provoke attacks of opportunity to take a 5-foot step towards that creature before the action occurs. He may not use this ability if wearing armor heavier than light.

Tempest (Ex): In a rush of movement, a tempest of at least level five may attempt to dispatch a large crowd of enemies. When he uses the Whirlwind Attack feat, he may move up to his movement speed and may attack any target that he could have hit at any point in that movement. Enemies are considered flat-footed for this attack, and any damage he deals is halved. If he moves more than 10 feet, this adds skirmish damage. He may not use this ability if wearing armor heavier than light.

Greater Two-Weapon Fighting: At 6th level, a tempest gains Greater Two-Weapon Fighting as a bonus feat. He must meet all prerequisites of this feat in order to obtain it. If he already has Improved Two-Weapon Fighting, he may select another feat from the Fighter Bonus Feat list.

Mercuric Motion (Ex): A tempest of at least 7th level moves so quickly that they are almost impossible to lock down. Any time a tempest would be denied his Dexterity modifier and dodge bonus to Armor class, he is only denied half of both (round up for dexterity and round down for dodge). (Kaddep, a Fighter 5 / Tempest 7 has a +5 Dexterity modifier and a +3 dodge bonus to AC from As the Wind, and is bound up and blindfolded. Despite being bound, he still has a +3 Dexterity modifier a +1 dodge bonus to AC.)

Juggernaut (Ex): A tempest of 7th level or higher gains the Pounce special ability (MM 313). He may not use this ability if wearing armor heavier than light.

The Quickest Step (Su): A tempest of at least level 8 may treat any movement he makes as a teleportation effect (caster level equal to his hit dice). If a tempest take multiple 5-foot steps in succession, The Quickest Step applies as though each step was one entire movement.

A tempest using The Quickest Step still provokes attacks of opportunity for moving out of a threatened area as normal.

Windstorm Rush (Ex): As a tempest of at least 9th level moves, the air rushes behind him. When a tempest takes a move action or moves up to 20 feet as a single action of any kind, he creates a violent stream of wind. Creatures adjacent to the tempest at any time during his move must make a fortitude save (DC 10 + 1/2 the tempest's HD + the tempest's Dexterity modifier) or be knocked back and take damage equal to the tempest's skirmish damage. A tempest may choose not to use this ability for any stretch of movement, and this does not work with The Quickest Step.

Unstoppable Force (Ex): A tempest of level 9 or higher may use an immediate action to be treated as though under the effects of freedom of movement for 1 round.

Perfect Two-Weapon Fighting: At 6th level, a tempest gains the epic feat Perfect Two-Weapon Fighting as a bonus feat. He need not be above level 20, but must meet all other prerequisites of this feat in order to obtain it. If he already has Improved Two-Weapon Fighting, he may select another feat from the Fighter Bonus Feat list that isn't an epic feat.
    Last edited by Just to Browse; 2012-08-09 at 03:38 AM.

14. - Top - End - #284
    Ettin in the Playground

R 795 Repost

I have a request for a pathfinder archetype, a plague-themed antipaladin. I would like it to have the ability to neutralize a paladin's immunity to disease, as a regular antipaladin can neutralize a paladin's immunity to fear.

15. - Top - End - #285
    Ogre in the Playground

C796 Isn't wildshape alone enough to qualify for Teir 3?
    Open the lid and snatch a homebrewed treat from Cookie's Jar

Ponytar by Dirtytabs

Quote Originally Posted by DudeWhyAreAllTheNamesTaken(Imgur)
    Chaotic neutral. Might rob you blind. Might save your life. Might do both.

16. - Top - End - #286
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Sgt. Cookie View Post
    C796 Isn't wildshape alone enough to qualify for Teir 3?
    Wildshape if you use only core probably gets you Tier 3 / Tier 4. Shapeshifting only would make you Tier 4.

EDIT: If you're a crazy minmaxer, Wildshape will make you a strong monster with no flexibility (Tier 3, but still very strong so beware). But that's more of a problem with wildshape abuse than anything else.
    Last edited by Just to Browse; 2012-08-05 at 07:00 PM.

17. - Top - End - #287
    Ogre in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show

Blight knight

Aura of pestilence (Su)

At 3rd level, a blight knight radiates a poisonous aura that reeks of disease and corruption. All enemies within 30 feet take a -4 penalty on their saving throws against both mundane and supernatural diseases. Creatures normally immune to disease, such as a paladin, have their immunity suppressed while within ten feet of an antipaladin. This ability functions only while the blight knight remains conscious, not while he is unconscious or dead.

This ability replaces the traditional antipaladin's aura of cowardice.

Diseased cruelty (Su)

At 6th level, a blight knight must take the diseased cruelty, and targets receive a -2 penalty to saving throw to saving throws to resist this cruelty. This penalty stacks with the penalty inflicted by the blight knight's aura of pestilence ability.

At 9th level, a blight knight's receives the improved diseased cruelty, which is deadlier; it is treated as if the blight knight had cast greater contagion, and the penalty to saving throws increases to -4.

This ability replaces the cruelty choices granted at 6th and 9th level.

Cancerous companion (Su)

Instead of the two types of fiendish boons granted at 5th level, an antipaladin gains a cancerous companion. This creature, a large tumor that exists within the blight knight's body, gains an Intelligence score and a personality distinct from the blight knight and may even communicate with him telepathically. When needed, the cancerous companion uses the blight knight's scores for saves, ability scores (other than Intelligence), and so forth, and advances in power as the blight knight gains levels.

{table=head] Blight knight level | Intelligence score | Ability
    5th |
    | confers blindsight to the blight knight up to 60 feet |
    8th |
    | can use a spell, supernatural, or spell-like ability of the blight knight on its own as a standard action once a day (without any action on the part of the blight knight) |
    11th |
    | mind-affecting spells and effects targeted at the blight knight have a 50% chance of affecting the cancerous companion instead |
    14th |
    | can form a 5-foot tendril of flesh capable holding a shield, holding and using a light one-handed weapon, or delivering touch attacks if applicable |
    17th |
    | can use a spell, supernatural, or spell-like ability of the blight knight on its own as a standard action three times a day (without any action on the part of the blight knight) |[/table]

This ability replaces the fiendish boons granted at 5th level.

[b]Infectious armor (Su)
    The blight knight surrounds herself with a sickly aura of disease. Enemies that strike the blight knight with a melee attack must succeed on a Fortitude saving throw or contract a disease, as if the blight knight had cast contagion on them. This ability does not require an action to activate.

This ability replaces the antipaladin's aura of despair, granted at 8th level.

Virus commander (Su)

At 14th level, a blight knight can imbue a disease that he inflicts through one of his spells, spell-like abilities, or supernatural abilities with intelligence, turning them covert allies that he can then send into the body of a target humanoid.

The blight knight maintains a telepathic link with the disease once it is contracted by the target humanoid. It enables the disease to tell him anything that its host experiences. Not only that, once per day per point of the blight knight's Charisma modifier, the blight knight can exert control over the host's actions, as per the dominate person spell, except you can send your commands via the telepathic link to the disease and do not have to share a common language with them.

The blight knight may also use this ability on his allies. If the blight knight wishes, he can choose to nullify the negative effects of any disease modified with this effect. If he chooses to do so, this ability only allows the disease to tell him anything that its host experiences, and also monitor the host's position as per the spell status.

This ability can be used a number of times per day equal to the blight knight's Charisma modifier. All viruses created with this ability automatically vanish after 24 hours.

This ability replaces the antipaladin's aura of sin granted at 14th level.

revision: correcting level 11 ability (repeat of level 14's)

I haven't actually, technically played Pathfinder before, so you should really have someone else go through it for mistakes. The name is a pun, so you might want to change that too. I based this heavily off of the cancer mage from the Book of Vile Darkness.
    Last edited by Steward; 2012-08-06 at 01:41 PM.

18. - Top - End - #288
    Ettin in the Playground

C 795

Steward:

Is the companion's ability supposed to be the same at 11th and 14th level?

19. - Top - End - #289
    Ogre in the Playground

No, it wasn't. Sorry about that!

20. - Top - End - #290
    Ogre in the Playground

H 799 is completed.

21. - Top - End - #291
    Barbarian in the Playground

R.800:
    I have a request for a gun based on the Rifle/Musket used by Roberta at the end of Black Lagoon: Roberta's Blood Trail. It is an old-fashioned, hand loaded, rifle/musket that she uses to fire metal rods. Here's a link to a YouTube video of her loading and firing it.
    This is going to be used by The Dragon (Warning: TvTropes) of the Spellshot Marksman class in a 3.5/PF/Homebrew one-shot. The party is level 13 and has 5 members.
    I would like two versions of the gun (or perhaps ammo for the gun). One that uses the metal rods and one that uses normal shot.

Thank you.
    Last edited by Epsilon Rose; 2012-08-10 at 10:07 AM.
    The Focus Sniper: Boom. Head-shot.
    Spoiler: Older, and somewhat abandoned, classes
    Show
    The Chaote: a free form mage.
    My [wip] Magic fix: everyone has one, but how many encourage multi-classing?

22. - Top - End - #292
    Ogre in the Playground

H 797

Caiphon

Level: 2nd
    Binding DC: 16
    Special Requirement: No

Manifestation: A faint purple star that's just slightly transparent. It pulses slightly, and constantly whispers to no one in particular.

Sign: The irises of your eyes become a deep purple.

Influence: If you fall subject to the powers of the purple star, you constantly seek to spread knowledge. When you learn private information, your immediate desire becomes to seek out those who might want to know the information. This may involve warning the king that his peasants are planning a secret resistance, or telling a wife about her unfaithful husband. You also tend to talk quietly and quickly when in casual conversation.

Granted Abilities:
    Starlight Invocation: You gain an eldritch blast as a warlock of your effective binder level, except the damage you deal is equal to 1d6 plus 1d6 per four effective binder levels. This stacks with eldritch blast damage you get from any other sort, and can be improved like a regular eldritch blast (though this ability doesn't give you any improvements on its own).
    Fevered Certainty: As a full-round action, you gain a +3 competence bonus to all skill checks, but take a -1 to all saves. You may suppress or reactivate this ability as a standard action ard action at 5th level, as a move action at 10th level, and as a swift action at 15th level. Once you suppress this bonus, you cannot use this ability again for 5 rounds.
    Disquieting Liberty: You gain a +2 resistance bonus to saves against effects that would inflict the slowed, entangled, stunned, or immobilized conditions.
    Trust in the Guide Star: You gain the Blind-Fight feat, blindsight within a 5-foot radius around you, and ignore AC bonuses for cover.

C 797
    I don't do lore good. Please feel free to fill that in yourself. I would have given it something to do with allip-esque/gibbering mouther whispers causing craziness, but Dahlver-Nar and Haagenti already seem to have that covered.

23. - Top - End - #293
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Epsilon Rose View Post
    R.796:
    I have a request for a gun based on the Rifle/Musket used by Roberta at the end of Black Lagoon: Roberta's Blood Trail. It is an old-fashioned, hand loaded, rifle/musket that she uses to fire metal rods. Here's a link to a YouTube video of her loading and firing it.
    This is going to be used by The Dragon (Warning: TvTropes) of the Spellshot Marksman class in a 3.5/PF/Homebrew one-shot. The party is level 13 and has 5 members.
    I would like two versions of the gun (or perhaps ammo for the gun). One that uses the metal rods and one that uses normal shot.

Thank you.
    This would be R 800 Actually. So

C 800
    The spellshot marskman is, like any ranged attacker, dependent on multiple attacks from BaB, multishot, etc. A rifle of the sort in Black Lagoon is a one-shot item. Are you willing to have your Dragon give up a bunch of his attacks (and thus the weapon should probably be really strong and magical), or do you want something more along the lines of a repeat-fire gun?

I'm going to use the video for most of my references. If you have any other videos I should watch, please post them so I don't write bullet types from a skewed perspective.

24. - Top - End - #294
    Barbarian in the Playground

C.800: (Is that right?)

Sorry about the number, I tried to find the most recent request but apparently I missed a few. I've fixed it now.

Between Command Projectile and Ammunition Mastery the slow reload shouldn't be to big of an issue. That said I was thinking about not using the rod version with command, so it might warrant a significant increase in power or some other ability (perhaps the the ability to continue projecting formula?). I also wasn't planning on giving her manyshot, so maybe putting both ammos on the higher end of the damage scale wouldn't be a bad idea.

I don't have any other videos of her actually shooting the gun (they kept it under wraps until the last episode) but I think she might get off a few more shots in that episode and they take a close look at the rods (which she's staked into the ground) earlier in that episode. There's also the possibility that I might be able to find an English sub-ed version if you'd like.
    The Focus Sniper: Boom. Head-shot.
    Spoiler: Older, and somewhat abandoned, classes
    Show
    The Chaote: a free form mage.
    My [wip] Magic fix: everyone has one, but how many encourage multi-classing?

25. - Top - End - #295
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Epsilon Rose View Post
    Between Command Projectile and Ammunition Mastery the slow reload shouldn't be to big of an issue. That said I was thinking about not using the rod version with command, so it might warrant a significant increase in power or some other ability (perhaps the the ability to continue projecting formula?). I also wasn't planning on giving her manyshot, so maybe putting both ammos on the higher end of the damage scale wouldn't be a bad idea.

I don't have any other videos of her actually shooting the gun (they kept it under wraps until the last episode) but I think she might get off a few more shots in that episode and they take a close look at the rods (which she's staked into the ground) earlier in that episode. There's also the possibility that I might be able to find an English sub-ed version if you'd like.
    H 800

Wow I totally missed ammunition mastery. All right, so first--use p.145 of the DMG for reference to the musket as well and regular bullets.

Spellshot Rifle: This rifle has arcane designs all along its barrel, used in combat to channel magic. A wielder of this +2 distance musket may sacrifice one spell or spell-like ability as a move action to gain a bonus on attack rolls with this weapon equal to the level of the spell sacrificed, and an untyped bonus to damage equal to 1d6 per level of the spell sacrificed for 3 rounds.

If using psionics, expending power points (with the usual restrictions) as though the wielder was manifesting a power works in the same way, keyed of the power's level. If using spellshaping, expending a formula works the same way, keyed off the formula's level.
    Strong evocation; CL 11th; Arcane Strike, Craft Magical Arms and Armor, Contingency; Price 50,800; Cost 25,800 + 2000 XP.

Bullet Rods: These rods are dangerous weapons made of fine steel. They don't break or become lost upon firing, and be collected after combat with only a DC 5 search check.

Bullet rods can only be fired as a standard action (preventing them from being used in a full attack), but when used as ammunition in an attack, a bullet rod can be used to perform the bull rush, sunder, trip, or disarm combat maneuvers at range. Combat maneuvers performed this way only count size modifiers for the creature attacked, and all instances of Strength checks are replaced by Dexterity checks for the attacker. Each one is worth 500 gp and they tend to be sold alone.
    Last edited by Just to Browse; 2012-08-10 at 03:39 PM.

26. - Top - End - #296

Quote Originally Posted by Kavurcen View Post
    R 796

[3.5/PF]
    I'd like to request any tries at a Druid without spellcasting.
    I was thinking, in particular, giving them more wildshape and cool stuff for their animal companion, with the end result balanced somewhere around teir 3.
    H 796
    Realize I'm coming late to this one, but I did put together a druid variant, the Sublime Shapeshifter (scroll most of the way down), that trades spellcasting for martial maneuvers (mostly homebrewed and in the same thread as the variant), better unarmed strikes and natural attacks and the option to use something I called Hybrid Wild Shape, where you eventually get the ability scores and natural armor of an animal (and some of its natural weapons) while still being able to use your gear.

Looking at it quickly, I realized I forgot to address the Share Spells ability of the animal companion. I'd probably change it to Share Boosts like I did for the Huntsman (in the same thread as this variant), or let it be Share Stances, possibly share both.
    Last edited by playswithfire; 2012-08-11 at 08:32 AM.
    Homebrew
    Current Project (A sequel to Tome of Battle)
    Past Projects, some of which I may come back to
    Spoiler
    Show
    Baldric Sea Campaign Setting (work in progress)
    later version of the Sea Dog base class from it

27. - Top - End - #297
    Ogre in the Playground

R801 Moar bling needed on Sword, also a sheath:

I know this isn't really homebrew, but I have this story I am writing and perhaps I could use the ideas somewhere else.

I was trying to make the most ridiculously overpowered magic sword I could think of, with some nods towards physics. I know, I know magic, but magic in this setting obeys its own physics (it's complicated).

Essentially, I had a magitech civilization build a Ridiculously Sharp Sword of Flaming +over9000 as a favour for a baron in some backwater parallel universe.
    Some properties:
    Spoiler
    Show
    The sword is transparent. It is in fact a ridiculously thin (like a couple of microns thick) blade made of a single giant diamond crystal. Magically reinforced, can support many tons without bending, blah*indestructible*blah...
    Obviously, the blade is feather light and so can be swung faster than any other sword. In fact, it practically doesn't exist, so behaves a bit more like a lightsaber.

Due to magic smoothing and an atomic sharpness edge, the sword is sharp enough to cut through rock even under its own weight. Basically, if not for the hilt (which is not sharp obviously), if you just put the sword point down and let it go, it will sink straight into the ground. Even if the ground is made of steel.
    You could go woodcutting and just slice through the trunk of a tree with a lazy wave of a hand... Or carve a hole in a city wall like a knife through butter.

Additionally, it has a mentally activated ability that will sheath the blade in a shell of extremely high heat. Think hot enough to plasmarize anything touching it. The heat, which is really alot of trapped light, is kept in the shell about 1 inch away from the blade and doesn't escape unless something directly touches it (gases are kept away from the shell by magic).
    It also glows bright white when its own, if that matters. The reason for trapping the heat is because if the sword shed enough heat to plasmarize everything in a 1 inch range from the blade, the wielder will melt in a couple of milliseconds after turning it on. Plainly melting your customer's face is bad for business so they didn't do it. =D

Essentially, if you activate the heat and stick it into an object, a few different things can happen.
    1. If the thing is metal, the metal just vapourizes on contact and the sword goes through the hole. There might be a small explosion but probably not much happens. The bits near the hole will be white-hot though.
    2. If the thing is organic (like wood or people), the object just explodes. All the molecules making up the tissue in the hit area just completely fall apart into individual atoms, which then take up much more space than they used to. Oh, and they're also very hot and will likely be explosively reactive.
    3. Rock also explodes. The bits of rock that touch the shell vapourize and the rest crack into tiny bits of shrapnel. Not healthy.

Ok, so basically, this is a Ridiculously Dangerous Object. Touch something with it and that thing dies.

Now, I want moar bling. Apart from ridiculously overpowered fire, what other deadly machinations can I put on it? They can be mutually exclusive too, I'll just make having one effect on exclude the other.
    Try to keep things to the sword, short ranged stuff is fine, but no beams. Also, effects *must* not hurt the wielder, apart from side effects, like targets exploding.
    It also doesn't have or need a non-lethal mode. This is supposed to be the Kill-y Sword of Fiery *insert other effect here* Death.

A good guideline is to take a usual fantasy offensive effect, and turn it up to infinity.
    Spoiler
    Show
    I have thought about a lightning type effect. But when scaled to ridiculous, lightning has about the same effect as heat. It just vapourizes everything.
    Also, when you are handling a couple of Faradays of charge, Ground Potential Rise becomes a problem. Essentially, the ground starts to polarize and you electrocute everyone nearby. Including the wielder. =|

And if you turn it up some more, the very air around the sword will start to have arc discharges. Even if the sword's charge is shielded from neutralization, the opposing charge is SO attracted that electrons will just hop right off their atoms to go sit around the sword.
    You have a pretty blue St. Elmo's fire on the sword (it's going to be meters long and thick), but there won't be anyone around to appreciate that. Not for long at any rate, where 'long' is measured in milliseconds.

If you keep going (unwise I know), and if the sword's charge is negative, what happens is that all the electrons nearby just fly straight off their atoms and earth themselves. And then all the atoms fly towards the sword. Basically, EVERYTHING in like a couple of hundred meters will suddenly shoot lightning at the ground and the the air and ground and basically everything will fly towards the sword and stick there. It's a bit like the effect with a charged comb and paper scraps, only this time is with things like nearby trees, buildings and mountains.
    Clearly, it's not that easy.
    Turning cold up to infinity doesn't do anything interesting (the sword obviously doesn't get stuck but everything you touch just crystallizes and slowly melts). Oh, but you get a nice cool mist of condensed water coming off the sword. >.>

The problem here lies in that turning things up to infinity tends to result in not-interesting results or in massive collateral damage.

On a related note, how would one make a sheath for this? =D
    A normal leather sheath, even if engineered to be bigger than the blade, would shred if the blade jostles even a bit.
    Last edited by jseah; 2012-08-13 at 08:39 PM.

28. - Top - End - #298

ClericGuy

R 802

I would appreciate a monstrous prestige class designed for chaotic-evil creatures, specifically aimed toward tanar'ri but with allowances for other creatures, to slowly be turned into obyrinth demons.

I would like any demon with at least 2 HD (so that little Quasit can be that much stranger) to be able to take the class, as long as they are patroned by an obyrinth overlord. Non-demons should find gaining access to the class difficult but not impossible. I'm thinking either 5 or 10 levels so I'll leave it up to you.

I would like the class to have at least one open-ended ability that is determined by the patron obyrinth (so a thrall of Pale Night differs ever so slightly from a thrall of Cabiri) but there is no need for you to list off every possible feature. One or two abilities that can serve as a basis for the power level would be appreciated though.

Anything that would make this class bizarre, unholy and generally so much more demonic is welcomed.

Thanks for your time and happy brewing!

29. - Top - End - #299
    Ogre in the Playground

H 802
    Child of madness

Some are born mad, some achieve madness, and some have madness inflicted upon them...

Prerequisites :
    To become a child of madness, a creature must fulfill the following requirements:

• Tanar'ri subtype OR chaotic evil alignment and the sponsorship of an obyrith lord or demon prince
    • dedication to a specific obyrith lord

Perfunctory table

{table=head] Level | BAB | Special
    1 | +0 | Form of madness, obyrith’s power
    2 | +1 | Appalling vitality
    3 | +2 | Obyrith’s power
    4 | +3 | Improved appalling vitality
    5 | +4 | Obyrith’s power, ultimate form of madness
    [/table]

Saving throw progression : All good saves
    Skill points : 2 + Int modifier per level
    Proficiencies : No new weapon or armor proficiencies

Class features :
    Spoiler
    Show

Form of madness (Sp) : The first gift that a child of madness receives from her fiendish patron is perhaps the most powerful. A number of times per day equal to 1 + the child of madness’s Charisma modifier (minimum 1), it can utilize the form of madness ability of an obyrith starting at first level. This ability is significantly weaker than an obyrith’s.

When a child of madness activates this ability, all creatures within 15 feet that can see it must make a saving throw, against a DC equal to 10 + 1/2 of the child of madness's HD + its Charisma modifier. Any creature who succeeds on this save cannot be affected by this particular child of madness's form of madness ability for 24 hours. Any creature who fails it suffers the following effects depending on how much it failed the saving throw:

{table=head] Result | Effect
    Up to saving throw - 1 | Creature is shaken for 3 rounds
    Up to saving throw - 3 | Creature is frightened for 3 rounds
    Up to saving throw - 5 | Creature is panicked for 3 rounds
    Up to saving throw - 10 | Target is rendered unconscious for 10 minutes or until revived
    [/table]

Obyrith’s power (Su) : At 1st, 3rd, and 5th level, a child of madness can select one of the following special abilities derived from an obyrith. Each use of an obyrith’s power consumes one of a child of madness’s daily use of its form of madness ability. Unless otherwise noted, each obyrith’s power is a supernatural ability . The saving throw to overcome or avoid its effect is equal to 10 + 1/2 the child of madness’s total hit dice + its Charisma modifier. Each activation of an obyrith power lasts a number of rounds equal to the child of madness’s Charisma modifier.

Available obyrith's powers
    Spoiler
    Show

• Draudnu’s acid spray - Each time the child of madness takes more than five points of damage as a result of a single melee or ranged attack, its skin ruptures, spraying each creature within a 15-foot-radius burst; this inflicts 1d6 points of acid damage to every creature struck.
    • Ekolid’s ovipositor - The child of madness sprouts an ovipositor like an ekolid; by making a melee touch attack, it can poison a foe; this poison inflicts 1d2 Str damage. This ability has no effect on creatures otherwise immune to disease or poison.
    • Ekolid’s speed - The child of madness develops the preternatural speed of an ekolid, granting it a profane bonus to its Armor Class equal to its Charisma modifier and +10 enhancement bonus to all modes of movement.
    • Laghathti’s eyes - The child of madness can cover its body in spectral eyes; while this ability is active, it is no longer subject to flanking and sneak attacks and gains a +4 profane bonus to Reflex saves.
    • Laghathti’s lash - The child of madness’s melee attacks are infused with unholy energy; if it succeeds in confirming an critical hit with either an unarmed strike, a natural weapon, or a melee weapon, it inflicts one negative level upon its opponent.
    • Uzollru’s gaze - As a standard action, a child of madness can stun a single target within 15 feet for 1 round.
    • Sibriex’s chains - A child of madness can conjure forth chains of force, enabling it to entangle one foe of Large or smaller size at a range of up to 30 feet by making a successful opposed grappled check, using its own modifiers to calculate the results. If a child of madness starts its turn with, it can spend a standard action each round to command the chains to strangle its foe, inflicting 1d8 points of bludgeoning damage per round. The chain has 5 hardness and 10 hp and can be broken by a DC 15 Str check, but a destroyed chain can be rematerialized in 3 rounds.
    • Sibriex’s flesh-grafting - A child of madness can infuse its own muscles with the raw stuff of the Abyss, granting it a +4 profane bonus to Strength checks, attack, and damage rolls. Multiple bonuses granted by multiple activations of this ability may stack with each other, but the total bonus gained cannot exceed the child of madness's original Strength score.
    • Verakia’s breath - As a standard action, a child of madness can exhale a cone of black fire composed of equal parts searing flame and utter evil; this inflicts 1d4 points of fire damage and 1d4 points of unholy damage.

Appalling vitality (Su) : A child of madness is very difficult to harm, a result of the twisted connection that they share with the Abyss. At 2nd level, they gain fast healing equal to their Charisma modifier (minimum 1); at 4th level, this ability improves: they gain fast healing equal to their Charisma modifier + 2.

Ultimate form of madness (Su) : At fifth level, a child of madness’s bond with its obyrith patron becomes absolute and irrevocable. A child of madness’s form of madness ability is forever changed, gaining an additional effect similar to that of its obyrith patron's. These effects persist for 24 hours; only a heal or greater restoration can remove them before then.

Example ultimate forms of madness
    Spoiler
    Show

• Dagon - Creatures who are affected by this form of madness develop an overwhelming fear of the ocean and its depths. As long as the ocean remains in sight, the creature is distracted with fear and suffers a -4 penalty on Will and Reflex saving throws as well as attack rolls.
    • Obox-Ob - Creatures who are affected by this form of madness become panicked at the sight of insects and are tormented by them. They suffer a -4 penalty to Will saving throws and attack rolls whenever they are within sight of an insect, and are nauseated for as long as they remain within sight of the child of madness.
    • Sertrous - Creatures who are affected by this form of madness become terrified of serpents and other creatures of the earth. They suffer a -4 penalty to Will saving throws and attack rolls whenever they are within sight of a serpent, and are panicked for as long as they remain within sight of the child of madness.

Last edited by Steward; 2012-08-14 at 01:09 AM.

30. - Top - End - #300

H801

What use is a powerful sword without the skill to wield it? Fortunately, this one comes with its own.

The wielder of this sword gains the benefits of all fighter bonus feats, including all possible martial studies and martial stances (ignore the "can only take 3 times" rule).

The sword also whispers tactical advice into the wielder's head. This advice is based on a +20 modifier to all knowledge checks (e.g. knowledge(arcana) reveals that this class of dragon is immune to fire, so don't use that; knowledge(geography) indicates the backslope of that hill would be a good place to hide an army, so scout it; knowledge(rhetoric) indicates your rousing speech would benefit from proper parallelism).