New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 14 of 50 FirstFirst ... 45678910111213141516171819202122232439 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #391
    Banned

Default Re: Request a Homebrew: Thread 2!

Quote Originally Posted by willpell View Post
    R822
    I want to have Squarks and Tako in my D&D game. If nobody has done an actual 3.5 conversion of their official stats, the next-best thing would be a statted-up giant octopus or large squid or something (these animals are in the MM animals chapter, but I was hoping to do better) which can be adapted to both an intelligent amphibious version and a ravening predator.
    Dragon Magazine 318 has takos covered.

Quote Originally Posted by Just to Browse View Post
    H 797

Caiphon
    That's awesome, thank you!
    Last edited by ThiagoMartell; 2012-11-08 at 09:02 AM.

2. - Top - End - #392
    Halfling in the Playground

R. 823

can I please have a Gishy blaster caster class similar to Abjurant Champion? 5-levels, easy Pre-reqs and a focus on evocation would be nice.

3. - Top - End - #393
    Orc in the Playground

C 823

could you tell me what book abjurant champion is in?

4. - Top - End - #394
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by zetsu1919 View Post
    C 815
    have you looked at the mutator class?
    Yes I have. It fits the first sentence of the fluff, at least...
    Spoiler: Vanity quotes
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Strigon View Post
    Wow.
    That took a very sudden turn for the dark.

I salute you.
    Quote Originally Posted by AuthorGirl View Post
    I wish it was possible to upvote here.

I use braces (also known as "curly brackets") to indicate sarcasm. If there are none present, I probably believe what I am saying; should it turn out to be inaccurate trivia, please tell me rather than trying to play along with an apparent joke I don't know I'm making.

5. - Top - End - #395
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by zetsu1919 View Post
    C 823

could you tell me what book abjurant champion is in?
    Not my question, but Complete Mage.

R824 R827
    Could someon make a half-goblin race? (The other half is human, don't ask why.)
    Last edited by qwertyu63; 2012-11-10 at 09:00 AM.

My Homebrew-Estote clementes, et numquam desinete discere.-FanAdv

6. - Top - End - #396
    Banned

R828

Please homebrew me a true-to-life set of stats and abilities for an ordinary Squirrel and Pigeon, for use as alternate mages' familiars (unless such stats already exist in d20 modern or something). Bonus points if you throw in various other animals in the same vein, but those are the two I can think of offhand that would be nice to have as a wizards' pets.

Quote Originally Posted by Qwertystop View Post
    R825:
    A 3.5 rework of the Lucid Dreaming skill, such that it has more ability to actually affect a dream in more significant ways, less "Lucid Dreaming is an assasination skill", and less that makes it so that it only works in campaigns where dreaming is actually a mind-only automatic Planeshift to a specific plane.
    Hm. I might actually be up for this one myself, and if not I'll be interested in whatever someone else comes up with.
    Last edited by willpell; 2012-11-10 at 12:54 AM.

7. - Top - End - #397
    Orc in the Playground

H 823

i wanted to know where the abjurant champion was so i could have a base for this class.

Martial Evoker

Entry Requirements
    -base attack bonus +5
    -feat combat casting
    -spellcasting must be able to cast 1st-level arcane spells, including at least one evocation spell.
    -special must be proficient with at least one martial weapon

hit dice: d10

{table=head]level|Base attack|fort|ref|will|special|spellcasting

1st|+1|+0|+0|+2|battler casting, still evocation|+1 level of existing arcane spellcasting class

2nd|+2|+0|+0|+3|widened blasting|+1 level of existing arcane spellcasting class

3rd|+3|+1|+1|+3| |+1 level of existing arcane spellcasting class

4th|+4|+1|+1|+4|power surge|+1 level of existing arcane spellcasting class

5th|+5|+1|+1|+4|martial arcanist|+1 level of existing arcane spellcasting class
    [/table]

Class Skills (2 + Int modifier per level): Climb, Concentration, Craft, Handle Animal, Intimidate, Jump, Knowledge (arcana), Ride, Spellcraft, Swim.

class features

spellcasting: At each level, you gain new spells per day and an increase in caster level (and spells known, if applicable) as if you had also gained a level in an arcane spellcasting class to which you belonged before adding the prestige class level. You do not, however, gain any other benefit a character of that class would have gained. If you had more than one arcane spellcasting class before becoming a martial evoker, you must decide to which class to add each level for the purpose of determining spells per day, caster level, and spells known.

battle caster (Su): any time you cast an evocation spell that deals damage, you can increase the damage by 2 x your martial evoker class levels. this bonus is applied once, but can be spread out however you want. for example, a fireball cast by a 3rd level martial evoker would deal 6 more points of damage to all affected creatures, but a magic missile cast by the same caster would deal a total extra amount equal to 6, spread out between the missiles as chosen by the caster.

still evocation (Su): casting spells in the fray requires you to be able to protect yourself, just as much as you damage your enemies. all evocation spells cast by you remove their somatic components, removing any arcane spell failure from armor or shields, as if you had applied the still spell feat to them (but without any change in level or casting time).

widened blasting (Su): beginning at 2nd level, you can double the area affect of any evocation spell you cast, as if you had applied the widen spell feat to them (but without any change in level or casting time). the maximum level of spell you can widen this way is equal to your class level.

power surge (Su): beginning at 4th level, you gain the ability to burn arcane energy to empower your martial blasting abilities. as a swift action, you can spend one of your uncast spells or spell slots to grant yourself one of the following insight bonuses for 1 round.

• Bonus on attack rolls equal to the spell's level.
    • Bonus on weapon damage rolls equal to twice the spell's level.
    • Bonus on evocation spell damage rolls equal to thrice the spell's level.
    • Bonus on evocation spell DC equal to the spells level.
    • Bonus on caster level checks to pierce spell resistance with evocation spell equal to the spells level

Martial Arcanist (Ex): At 5th level, you master the art of combining your militant and mystical training. From this point on, your caster level in a chosen arcane spellcasting class is equal to your base attack bonus (unless it would otherwise be higher). You can apply this benefit to only one arcane class to which you have added spellcasting levels by your advancement as a martial evoker.
    Last edited by ArkenBrony; 2012-12-30 at 02:21 PM.

8. - Top - End - #398
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by willpell View Post
    R825

Please homebrew me a true-to-life set of stats and abilities for an ordinary Squirrel and Pigeon, for use as alternate mages' familiars (unless such stats already exist in d20 modern or something). Bonus points if you throw in various other animals in the same vein, but those are the two I can think of offhand that would be nice to have as a wizards' pets.

Hm. I might actually be up for this one myself, and if not I'll be interested in whatever someone else comes up with.
    Your request should be R826.

C825:
    On the note of working on my request, that's not really necessary anymore. I mean, you can if you want to, and it'd be interesting to see another person's take on it, but I decided to do it myself and just ask for PEACHing, to have it done faster. It's here.
    Last edited by Qwertystop; 2012-11-09 at 03:58 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by jamieth View Post
    ...though Talla does her best to sound objective and impartial, it doesn't cover stuff like "ask a 9-year-old to tank for the party."
    My Homebrew

9. - Top - End - #399
    Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Qwertystop View Post
    Your request should be R826.
    R828, actually, now that I look at it; the numbering has been off for this entire page. Starship1 has R826 and R827 is Qwertyu63.

10. - Top - End - #400
    Bugbear in the Playground

C826

Squirrel

{TABLE]Size/Type:|Tiny Animal
    Hit Dice:|1/4d8+0 (1 hp)
    Initiative:|+2
    Speed:|30 ft (6 squares), climb 30ft
    Armor Class:|14 (+2 size,+2 dex), touch 14, flat-footed 12
    Base Attack/Grapple:|+0/-12
    Attack:|bite +4 melee (1d3-4)
    Full Attack:|bite +4 melee (1d3-4)
    Space/Reach:|2.5ft/0ft
    Special Attacks:|
    Special Qualities:|
    Saves:|Fort +2, Ref +4, Will +1
    Abilities:| Str 2, Dex 15, Con 10, Int 2, Wis 12, Cha 12
    Skills:|Jump +6, Climb +10, Balance +10, Hide +10
    Feats:|Weapon Finesse
    Environment:| Forest or Urban
    Organization:|
    Challenge Rating:|
    Advancement:|
    Level Adjustment:|
    [/TABLE]

Skills
    A Squirrel has a +8 racial bonus on Climb and Balance checks. It uses its dex modifier for Jump and Climb checks. It can take 10 on climb checks even when rushed or threatened.

Pidgeon

{TABLE]Size/Type:|Tiny Animal
    Hit Dice:|1d8+0 (4 hp)
    Initiative:|+2
    Speed:|10 ft (2 squares), fly 40ft(Good)
    Armor Class:|14 (+2 size,+2 dex, + ), touch 14, flat-footed 12
    Base Attack/Grapple:|+0/-12
    Attack:|bite +4 melee (1d3-4)
    Full Attack:|bite +4 melee (1d3-4)
    Space/Reach:|2.5ft/0ft
    Special Attacks:|
    Special Qualities:|
    Saves:|Fort +4, Ref +4, Will +0
    Abilities:| Str 2, Dex 15, Con 10, Int 2, Wis 10, Cha 5
    Skills:|Spot +4
    Feats:|Weapon Finesse
    Environment:|
    Organization:|
    Challenge Rating:|
    Advancement:|
    Level Adjustment:|
    [/TABLE]

Saves
    A Pidgeon has a +2 racial bonus to fort saves.

11. - Top - End - #401
    Ogre in the Playground

R8?? (since the numbers seem to be wrong)

I am in need of 2 specific Combat styles for a Ranger.

I need the 11th level one for Archery and the 16th levle one for Dual Wield. I want them to be equal to the oppsoing ones at their respective level, but I cannot come up with anything myself

The following is what i have for 11th level already
    Spoiler
    Show

Supreme Combat Style (Ex): At 11th level, a ranger’s aptitude in his chosen combat style (archery or two-weapon combat) improves again. If he selected archery at 2nd level, he is treated as having the Improved Precise Shot and Woodland Archer feats, even if he does not have the normal prerequisites for those feats. In addition the Ranger
    Spoiler
    Show
    Gets a cool ability

If the ranger selected two-weapon combat at 2nd level, he is treated as having the Greater Two-Weapon Fighting and Double Hit feats, even if he does not have the normal prerequisites for those feats. In addition the Ranger, upon a succesful attack with both his main and off-hand weapon, the ranger gains a bonus attack with his main hand weapon at a -5 penalty, this attack deals an addition 2d4 + 1 damage per ranger level.

and this is what I have for 16th levle already
    Spoiler
    Show
    Combat Style Mastery (Ex): At 16th level, a ranger’s aptitude in his chosen combat style (archery or two-weapon combat) improves again. If he selected archery at 2nd level, he is treated as having the Penetrating Shot and Greater Manyshot feats, even if he does not have the normal prerequisites for those feats. In addition the Ranger can, upon a succesful spot check ( as a swift action) of DC 15+ CR of opponent, next successful attack against the opponent in that round deals an extra 3d6 /+1 level additional damage and checks the creature struck (flyers are blown back 10 feet). the opponent must succeed on a fortifude save at DC 10+1/2 damage done to negate the checked effect

If the ranger selected two-weapon combat at 2nd level, he is treated as having the Greater Two-Weapon Defense feat, even if he does not have the normal prerequisites for that feat. In addition the Ranger
    Spoiler
    Show
    Gets a really cool ability

12. - Top - End - #402

H815

The Autothaumavore

An Autothaumavore is an arcane caster who eats his own magic with his soul. He loses his ordinary casting powers, but gains a more direct sort of magic.

Prerequisites
    • Able to cast 2nd level spells
    • Knowledge(arcana): 4 ranks
    • Must perform the transformation ritual

{table=head]Level|BAB|Fort|Ref|Will|Special|Nontrivial Emanations
    1st|0|0|0|2|Transformation; Trivial Emanations|0
    2nd|1|0|0|3|+1 school level|1
    3rd|1|1|1|3|+1 school level|2
    4th|2|1|1|4|+1 school level|3
    5th|2|1|1|4|+2 different school levels|5
    6th|3|2|2|5|+2 different school levels|7
    7th|3|2|2|5|+2 different school levels|9
    8th|4|2|2|6|+2 school levels|12
    9th|4|3|3|6|+2 school levels|15
    10th|5|3|3|7|+2 school levels|all[/table]
    Hit die: d4
    Class Skills: Concentration, Craft(any), Disguise, Knowledge(any), Spellcraft
    Skills: 2+int

Transformation

As an autothaumavore, you no longer have spells known or prepared, but instead a level of power in each magical school. To find your initial levels, first list your spells known or prepared at the time of the transformation ritual. For each spell, look up its level in the following table:

{table=head]spell level|school points
    0|1
    1|5
    2|15
    3|35
    4|35
    5|35
    6|35
    7|100
    8|100
    9|150[/table]

Then add the appropriate points to the point total for that school. If you know or have prepared any universal spells, you may decide at ritual time which school to count them toward, provided it is not a school you have banned. Once you have the point totals for each school, use the following table to calculate your levels.

{table=head]school points|school level
    0|-
    1-2|0
    3-5|1
    6-12|2
    13-23|3
    24-36|4
    37-59|5
    60-99|6
    100-119|7
    120-179|8
    180-199|9
    200-279|10
    280-299|11
    300-374|12
    375-449|13
    450-549|14
    550-624|15
    625-749|16
    750-849|17
    850-999|18
    1000-1149|19
    1150-1299|20
    1300-1499|21
    >=1500|22[/table]

Once the transformation is complete, you can no longer cast spells, but instead use emanations. All emanations are supernatural. There is no limit to how often you can use them. Save DCs are 10 + 1/2 your relevant level + your casting modifier.

Trivial Emanations
    Each school has a completely straightforward way to use its power. You immediately know all of these:
    • You gain spell resistance equal to your abjuration level. This stacks with any spell resistance you already had.
    • You can create a nonmagical object. If the object is of vegetable matter, it must fit in 1 cu ft per conjuration level. If stone or base metal, conj level minus 10. For other material, conj level minus 15. You must make a relevant craft check, at a +5 bonus. The object lasts 1 hour.
    • You gain an enhancement bonus equal to your divination level on all knowledge checks. If your divination level is at least 5, you treat all knowledge skills as trained.
    • You can use the Charm power at will as if you had spent power points equal to your enchantment level
    • You can use the Energy Ray power at will as if you had spent power points equal to your evocation level
    • You gain an enhancement bonus equal to your illusion level on all disguise checks.
    • You can control undead as by the spell. You can control a total HD of undead equal to your necromancy level.
    • You gain an enhancement bonus equal to your natural armor equal to your transformation level.

School Level Increases
    Your magical power continues to grow after the transformation. At first, you gain one increase, then two which must be to different schools, then two with no restriction. You cannot increase a level of -.

Non-Trivial Emanations
    Each school's power can be used in other ways as well. These are more complex and must be learned. Note that many powers are only useful above a certain level.
    Abjuration
    • Dispel: You can use the Dispel Psionics power at will with full magic/psionics transparency as if you had spent power points equal to your abjuration level
    • Energy Resistance: You gain energy resistance to your choice of energy type equal to half your abjuration level
    • Field: Anyone wishing to use a supernatural ability within (your abjuration level) feet of you must make a caster level check against your hit dice or the ability fizzles.

Conjuration
    • Creature: You can use the Astral Construct power at will as if you had spent power points equal to your conjuration level
    • Wall: You can create a wall. It may have one 10ft square per conjuration level and be shaped however you choose. Each square has 5hp and hardness equal to your conjuration level. The wall lasts so long as you concentrate plus one round.
    • Fog: You can fill one 5x5x5 cube per conj level with opaque fog. If your conj level is at least 5, you can require creatures in the fog to move half speed. If 10, you can nauseate them (fort negates). If 15, you can deal 2d6 con damage to them (fort negates).

Divination
    • Precognition: Gain an insight bonus to attack, ac, or any one skill equal to your divination level. Changing what the bonus is to is a standard action.
    • Clairvoyance: You can see and hear as if you were in another place. The distance between you and the place cannot exceed 2^(divination level) feet. The place must be a place familiar to you or an obvious one, as with the Clairvoyant Sense power.
    • True Seeing: You see through all illusions and recognize all transformations close to you. The range of this effect is 10 ft for how much your divination level exceeds 10.

Enchantment
    • Dominate: You can use the Dominate power at will as if you had spent power points equal to your enchantment level.
    • Mindlink: You can use the Mindlink power at will as if you had spent power points equal to your enchantment level.
    • Fear: You can cause creatures to become frightened or panicked (will negates). The total HD for frightened is equal to your enchantment level, and for panicked is half your enchantment level.

Evocation
    • Ball: You can use the Energy Ball power at will as if you had spent power points equal to your evocation level.
    • Cone: You can use the Energy Cone power at will as if you had spent power points equal to your evocation level.
    • Push: You can use the Energy Push power at will as if you had spent power points equal to your evocation level.

Illusion
    • Concealment: You add your illusion level to all hide and move silently checks. You also gain benefits based on your illusion level. At level 3, you can become invisible provided you do not attack anything and have not for the past round. At level 7, that restriction goes away. At level 11, you can also become inaudible. At level 15 you can become undetectable by any physical sense, such as scent or echolocation. At level 19, you can foil all direct divination magic.
    • Glamour: You disguise yourself and a number of creatures or objects equal to your illusion level as other creatures or objects. Use your disguise skill for this (at a bonus of 10+your illusion level) but only a standard action is required. If the other creatures or objects are not the same size as you, they count as 2^(size category difference) creatures. Will negates if interacted with.
    • Figment: You create the illusion of a creature or object, affecting all sense. The size of the figment is limited to one 5x5x5 cube per illusion level.

Necromancy
    • Create Undead: You can convert a corpse into an undead creature. If a skeleton or zombie, you are limited to HD<=(necromancy level)-5 and the act requires 25 gp/hd of gems. If a ghoul, ghast, mummy or mohrg, you are limited to HD<=((necromancy level) - 10)/2 and the act requires 50gp/hd of gems.
    • Ray of Frailty: You can make a ray (ranged touch) attack that deals one point of ability damage to the physical ability of your choice per necromancy level. Fort negates.
    • Enervation: With a touch attack, you can deal (necromancy level)/3 negative levels

Transformation
    • Enhance: You can increase your physical ability scores by values totaling up to your transformation level.
    • Polymorph: You can turn into any creature with HD up to your transformation level as if by the Polymorph spell.
    • Fabricate: as the Fabricate spell except 1 cu ft per round per transformation level and you receive a +5 bonus on the craft check.

Author's Note:
    There's a lot of magic numbers here, which doesn't make me happy, but it makes the balance come out close to right. A sorcerer who focuses about 2/3 on a single school should get school level equal to caster level (sort of like becoming a specialized caster) and one who spreads among roughly 4 schools (typical I think) should get levels 2/3 of old caster level (sort of like becoming a warlock).

13. - Top - End - #403
    Ettin in the Playground

C 815

Not exactly what I was aiming for, but it's still awesome!

Thanks!
    Spoiler: Vanity quotes
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Strigon View Post
    Wow.
    That took a very sudden turn for the dark.

I salute you.
    Quote Originally Posted by AuthorGirl View Post
    I wish it was possible to upvote here.

I use braces (also known as "curly brackets") to indicate sarcasm. If there are none present, I probably believe what I am saying; should it turn out to be inaccurate trivia, please tell me rather than trying to play along with an apparent joke I don't know I'm making.

14. - Top - End - #404
    Dwarf in the Playground

BardGuy

R 829 (I think)

Design me some low level sound based debuffing spells for a bard, please, specifically some solid single target ones. (Say, creating a mish mash of conflicting sounds around a target's head)
    Last edited by BTB; 2012-11-13 at 06:56 AM.

15. - Top - End - #405

H829

Augmented Fourth
    Enchantment (Fear) [Mind-Affecting]
    Level: Brd 1
    Components: V
    Casting Time: 1 standard action
    Range: Medium (100 ft. + 10 ft./level)
    Area: One Creature
    Duration: Concentration + 1 round/level (D)
    Saving Throw: Will negates, see text
    Spell Resistance: Yes

A creature affected by an Augmented Fourth spell must make a will save each round or suffer a greater degree of fear (calm < shaken < frightened < panicked). If the creature makes the save by 5 or more, it may become one degree less afraid.

Discord
    Enchantment [Mind-Affecting]
    Level: Brd 0, Sor/Wiz 1
    Components: V,S
    Casting Time: 1 standard action
    Range: Medium (100 ft. + 10 ft./level)
    Area: One Creature
    Duration: Concentration + 1 round/level (D)
    Saving Throw: Will negates
    Spell Resistance: Yes

A creature affected by a discord spell suffers a -5 penalty on concentration checks and a -2 penalty on reflex saves.
    Last edited by dspeyer; 2012-11-13 at 03:48 PM.

16. - Top - End - #406
    Pixie in the Playground

R 830

I need help to create the stats of a races (with max LA +4, but better a lower one) that can reincarnate and remember previous lives. Obviously there will be a lot of roleplaying and "flavour", but I'd prefer a some kind of base to help me and my players.
    Thank you ~

17. - Top - End - #407
    Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Persychan View Post
    R 830

I need help to create the stats of a races (with max LA +4, but better a lower one) that can reincarnate and remember previous lives. Obviously there will be a lot of roleplaying and "flavour", but I'd prefer a some kind of base to help me and my players.
    Thank you ~
    H 830 (let me know if I'm doing this right):
    I assume "A Races" was a typo, but because it feels appropriate I'm going to run with it. This is all very off the cuff and probably not even close to balanced, but it should make a starting point at least.

Larvae of the Gods
    While no one is certain whether the pretentious claim of an ancient Larva sorcerer, that his race were the blood of the gods themselves made manifest on Oerth, was anything more than the central delusion underlying his megalomanical ravings, there are none who can deny that the self-proclaimed Larvae possess a remarkable degree of power over their own souls - and the divine energies of which all souls are made. The Larvae come in five distinct varieties which they claim are stages of their immortal lifecycle, known as Instars. Terminology from the study of helminthines (worms) has crept into the description of the Larvae and their abilities, largely due to the influence of a sect of Kyussite necromancers who studied a nearby Larva family with considerable interest while preparing for a siege on the town it inhabited; so interested were the Kyuss-worshippers that they forewent the town's destruction entirely in order to leave the unusual bloodline undisturbed, and spent the next four hundred years compiling observations which were eventually published in an appendix to the Book of Vile Darkness which was eventually transcribed by a Neutral archivist into an independent volume for safer consumption. (DC 30 K:History or DC 35 K:Religion check; +10 bonus to the Religion check for a worshipper of Kyuss or Nerull.)

First Instar: Nematoid
    Those who claim to be the first stage in the God-Larvae lifecycle appear completely human on even the closest examination; they are distinguished solely by their belief that they represent the first step on a journey of a thousand lifetimes, and it is uncertain whether the elder Larvae indoctrinate all of their children in this way, or if they somehow distinguish some of their offspring as possessing the potential to reincarnate, while others lack this ability.

Nematoids are identical to Humans except in the following particulars:
    - In place of the human bonus feat, a Nematoid receives a +2 bonus to all Knowledge: History, Knowledge: Local, Knowledge: Religion and Knowledge: the Planes checks; even when not trained from birth by elder Larvae to memorize the society around them, they seem to instinctively possess an attunement to the doings of other humanoids both past and present, and they effortlessly sift fact from fiction when studying accounts of the Outer Planes, the deities and divine incarnations that reside on them, and creatures which represent the postmortem persistence of the humanoid soul.
    - Level adjustment: +0
    - Favored class: Paladin, including the variant Paladins of Freedom, Tyranny and Slaughter (from Unearthed Arcana), or Soulborn if Magic of Incarnum is included in your campaign. Divine magic comes naturally to the Larvae, regardless of instar; while the more advanced Larvae typically become pure casters and pursue formal clerical training, their younger siblings still feel an attachment to the physical world which compels them to back their mystical talents up with the training needed for martial competency.

Second Instar: Peristaltic
    Having died at least once and been reborn with largely intact memories of their previous life, these Larvae are infused with the fervor of a fresh convert to a mystery cult, certain that their elders can do no wrong and that their membership alone marks them as chosen and special beings. They work to bring others under the sway of the Larvae group, and thus are referred to with a name suggestive of the worm's swallowing mechanism, where its body repeatedly contracts in a one-directional rhythm, to draw a consumed victim deeper and deeper into its gut. The metaphor is apt; drawing upon their narrowly focused skills, Peristaltics aim to dazzle and co-opt others for their enclave's benefit, and few of those they draw into the fold will ever emerge.

Peristaltics are identical to Humans except in the following particulars:
    - +2 Charisma, +2 Constitution. With strong souls and firm convictions, the Peristaltics argue passionately in favor of their loosely-formed belief in their own nascent divinity (usually disguised as a slightly more reasonable-seeming cult of personality, such as a feigned artistic genius or an association with some celebrity, the better to disarm their intended victims).
    - +2 to all Knowledge checks. While they have only retained a smattering of basic knowledge from their previous lives, Peristaltics are also voracious for new learning, since they have confidence that it will be preserved when they reincarnate again.
    - (is that enough or shall I add more here?)
    - Level adjustment: +1
    - Favored class: Favored Soul (or Crusader, if Tome of Battle is included in your campaign). More advanced in their spiritual evolution than the Nematoids, Peristaltic Larvae are still impatient students with an urge to act rather than study.

Third Instar: Nemertine
    While the first and second lives of a Larva are unique, the subsequent ones increasingly begin to blend together into a dizzying whirl of experiences.
    - Monstrous Humanoid type.
    - +4 to all Knowledge checks, and they may be made untrained. Nemertines are nothing if not well-educated after their many lives, though often the facts begin to blend together and are difficult to keep usefully organized in the mind.
    - 1 or 2 bonus essentia (if Incarnum is in your game).
    - ???
    - Level adjustment: +2
    - Favored class: - Level adjustment: +1
    - Favored class: Favored Soul (or Incarnate, if Magic of Incarnum is included in your campaign).

Fourth Instar: Polychaete
    After so many reincarnations, a Larva begins to lose all sense of reality to each new life he finds himself living; the existence which surrounds him seams like a fragmented shadowplay devoid of meaning, and he begins to wonder what secret truth lies behind it all.
    - Aberration type.
    - +8 to checks with a single Knowledge skill, chosen at character creation and unchangeable thereafter. Inevitably a polychaete has chosen to become a specialist in some particular vein of mental endeavor, for there is too much information boiling through his brain for him to fixate on any one field any longer.
    - Naturally Psionic: 4 or so power points if psionics are in your game.
    - ??????????
    - Level adjustment: +3
    - Favored class: Archivist (or Ardent if Complete Psionic is included in your campaign, frequently taking the Corruption and Madness mantle). Obsessed with knowledge better left unlearned, Polychaetes often pursue prestige classes that include a severely distorted worldview among their prerequisites, such as Alienist or Fleshwarper.

Fifth Instar: Senescent
    Patient and methodical schemers with the long-term view of a lich or similar dispassionate immortal, Senescents have transcended the mental fracturing of the Polychaete to become truly inhuman beings to whom the human soul is a machine to be studied - or a plaything to abuse and discard. While not all are Evil, even the best of them are disturbed from any human perspective, and they have little respect for the architects of any system of thought which fails to account for their perceived preeminence
    - Outsider [Native] type.
    - +8 Intelligence, +8 Wisdom, -4 Charisma, -4 Strength. Giants of mental acumen with unvanquishable wills and virtual omniscience after their hundreds of lifetimes of experience, Senescents are frighteningly alien in their placid confidence, and they often neglect their physicality as they become more nearly incarnate souls with seemingly only the thinnest shell of flesh over them.
    - Incorporeality some of the time, and abilities that are good for mucking with ghosts and other disincarnate souls.
    - ?????????????????????????????????
    - Level adjustment: +4
    - Favored class: Cleric. Senescents never worship a deity, but command divine forces through raw arrogance born of their supreme awareness of their surroundings; they may freely choose any two domains to control.

(Possibly include a prestige class usable to evolve to the higher-ranked races?)

Okay, far from done but I think I've about hit my limit. I'll definitely be coming back to this concept, but I think I need to learn more about what a +3-4 LA race needs to be capable of.
    Last edited by willpell; 2012-11-14 at 10:18 AM.

18. - Top - End - #408
    Pixie in the Playground

C830
    Yeah, it was a mistake but, seriously, I couldn't have asked for better. In fact, you've just solved some major problems of plot
    Sorry, English isn't my first language ~♪

19. - Top - End - #409
    Titan in the Playground

R831:
    A vestige (as in Binder Vestiges) for Zero/Zero-Two from the Kirby series.
    Quote Originally Posted by jamieth View Post
    ...though Talla does her best to sound objective and impartial, it doesn't cover stuff like "ask a 9-year-old to tank for the party."
    My Homebrew

20. - Top - End - #410
    Pixie in the Playground

R832
    I need a creature with jaguar (or similar) feature that is the protector/guardian/spirit guardian of a tribe. Good alignment. At least CR 12/13.
    Sorry, English isn't my first language ~♪

21. - Top - End - #411

C832

Have you considered a refluffed leonal?

22. - Top - End - #412
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by ShadowFireLance View Post
    C.816

Well...I am playing at high levels, Level 8 Vestige Please, And no "Epic Spells" If ya dont mind.
    H 816
    So because I'm a terrible person, I never got around to this until just now. Here you go:

Saichani, the Battletitan's Cry

Level: 8th
    Binding DC: 33
    Special Requirement: Calling Saichani requires a polished tooth, taken from a dinosaur when it was still alive, which you hold in your mouth while you perform the ritual. This is consumed until you end your pact with Saichani, at which point it appears again in your mouth.

Manifestation: Two yellowed eyes appear on Saichani's seal. All who are aware of the ritual as the binder performs it hear a deafening roar followed by the heavy breathing and grinding of metal as Saichani hears the binder out.

Sign: You growl when breathing or speaking and all of your teeth sharpen. When you end your pact to Saichani, your teeth revert to normal, but if aren't missing a tooth already, one falls out.

Influence: The Battletitan's Cry is never quiet. Unless you are whispering, you speak at maximum volume. Whenever you feel threatened, you try to close the distance between you and the threatening object. This could involve moving within a politically incorrect distance of a noble or down a relatively innocuous dungeon hallway, but would not cause you to walk into undue harm, such as over a pit of boiling lava or a deep chasm if you knew such things were there.

Granted Abilities: Saichani's vestige is unique in that it provides different benefits depending on how the binder uses it. When you host Saichani, you may choose the vestige to be Vicious or Stalwart, and may switch between these forms as a swift or move action.

• Thundering Presence: All those on the battlefield notice you, one way or another. Those looking at you when you use one of these abilities see the silhouette of a battletitan behind you. Vicious: When your pact is Vicious, your are treated as if affected by the freedom of movement spell on any turn you declare a charge. Stalwart: When your pact is Stalwart, you may roar as a standard action. All creatures you specifically designate within long range that fail a Will save are immobilized for 2 rounds. This is a [Fear] effect. Once you have used this ability, you lose all benefits of Thundering Presence for 5 rounds..
    • Visage of the Battletitan: You can undergo a physical change, turning you into a fearsome predator or an indomitable defender. You may choose to suppress this any time you suppress your sign, but otherwise it is always on. Vicious: When your pact is Vicious, you increase in size by 1 category, up to Huge, and gain a +4 Strength and +2 Constitution bonus regardless of whether you changed size. You also gain a bite attack that deals 1d8 damage for a medium creature and 2 claw attacks that deal 1d6 damage for a medium creature. Stalwart: When your pact is Stalwart, you become immune to fear, and ignore enemy immunity to any [Fear] effects you use. You may also target all creatures line 15 ft. wide and 5' long per effective binder level as a standard action and make an overrun attempt against them without moving, as though you were a Huge creature with 26 Strength and the Improved Overrun feat (+20 bonus to overrun). If you perform this as a full-round action, you may designate allies not to be affected by this ability, and you gain an extra +8 bonus to the attempt. Once you use this ability, you cannot use it again for 5 rounds.
    • Twice Armor Clad: You are beyond tough. Your speed is not reduced and you suffer no armor check penalty or arcane spell failure, regardless of your armor. Vicious: When your pact is Vicious, you also gain DR overcome by adamantine equal to one third of your armor bonus (rounded down). Stalwart: You gain a +3 bonus to saves. You can spend a swift or immediate action to refresh all binder abilities with a cooldown time, but you lose the bonus to saves and cannot use this ability again for 5 rounds.
    • Speak with Animals: You can speak with any animal or magical beast as though by using speak with animals, regardless if Vicious or Stalwart. You may make Handle Animal checks untrained and gain a +16 bonus to train, teach, or rear an animal. This is an extraordinary ability when bound to Saichani and is always on.

Hmmmm I may have gotten a little off the goal, there. You can overrun people and you get big and claw dudes, but there's a lot of binder ability support in there. The idea is to support two separate schticks without encouraging you to switch between one and the other in the middle of combat. The most effective way to combine these is to roar, refresh your abilities, and then get into combat, but it wastes a whole turn of attacking.

For re-fluffing purposes, the battletitan can be reflavored as a giant triceratops/ankylosaurus or something: The 1d8 damage can be a tail slam or a gore, while the 1d6 attacks can also be slam attacks. If the DM feels this is too good, I can remove the Stalwart pact abilities and change the speak with animals to only apply to animals (or even just dinosaurs).

23. - Top - End - #413
    Ogre in the Playground

C.816
    Being the Dm here, I find this awesome, Now going to use it, Thankies!
    "All things must end, and you will be among the first."
    I love Ceika <3

Quote Originally Posted by Kymme View Post
    You've got good reasoning, though the Akastarepti is never the best example.

Extended Sig

24. - Top - End - #414
    Barbarian in the Playground

Fairly specific request: Template for a warforged that allows them to transform into a large metal dragon. Should be no more that LA+1 or 2, and allows them to go back and forth relatively easy. Should be able to be used as a mount.
    EDIT: Number is R833.
    Last edited by Zelkon; 2012-11-29 at 08:12 PM.
    Akrim.elf made my wonderful ponytar.
    Spoiler
    Show

"Curse that infernal yellowish-brown text right under comics! When shall you turn normal brown again?" -every OOTS fan ever.
    I support laziness. Call me Z if you can't be bothered to spell my full name.
    Come help build a fantasy setting!

25. - Top - End - #415
    Titan in the Playground

H833

Dragonshape
    This template may only be applied to a warforged creature, or a similar creature at the DM's discretion. It allows a warforged creature to transform into the form of a dragon as a full round action. Returning to his original form is also a full round action. He may stay in either form indefinitely. While in dragon form he loses the use of his armor and any other worn equipment that does not fit on the new form. These items are stored in his new torso and any magical properties are inactive as if the item was not worn. Any worn items such as a saddle that do not fit on the original form are likewise stored inside the original form after transforming back. He may be ridden as a mount while in dragon form. Otherwise his numerical stats do not change except where indicated below.

Size: The warforged's size in his normal form is unchanged. His size in his dragon form is 1 size larger, though this does not change his weight nor his reach.
    Type: Unchanged.
    Speed: While in dragon form the warforged has a fly speed equal to his land speed, with clumsy maneuverability. Among other restrictions (see DMG) this means a 20 foot turn radius and a minimum 20 feet of level flight after a dive before climbing again.
    Armor Class: The warforged's natural armor improves by +2 while in dragon form.
    Attacks: The warforged's gains 2 claw attacks while in dragon form. He does not gain a bite attack, however.
    {table]Size|Fine|Diminuitive|Tiny|Small|Medium|Large|Huge|Gar gantuan|Colossal
    Claw damage| -|1|1d2|1d3|1d4|1d6|1d8|2d6|3d6[/table]

Breath Weapon: Upon selecting this template the warforged also selects a cone of fire, a line of fire, a line of lightning, a cone of cold or a cone of sonic for his breath weapon. He may not select acid. A line is 60 feet while a cone is 30 feet. He may only use it while in dragon form. The reflex save DC on his breath weapon is equal to 10 + his HD (HD includes class levels). He does not gain any special resistance to the selected energy type, nor any new vulnerabilities. The damage on his breath weapon is as follows:
    {table]HD|1-3|4-6|7|8|9|10|11-12|13-14|15-16|17-18|19-20|21-22
    Sonic Damage|1d4|2d4|3d4|4d4|5d4|6d4|7d4|8d4|9d4|10d4|11d4|12d 4
    Cold Damage|1d6|2d6|3d6|4d6|5d6|6d6|7d6|8d6|9d6|10d6|11d6|12d 6
    Lightning Damage|1d8|2d8|3d8|4d8|5d8|6d8|7d8|8d8|9d8|10d8|11d8|12d 8
    Fire Damage|1d10|2d10|3d10|4d10|5d10|6d10|7d10|8d10|9d10|10d1 0|11d10|12d10[/table]
    The breath weapon requires 2 rounds to recharge and he may fire no more than 50 blasts in an hour. Before each increase in damage the dragonshape requires 8 hours of down time as his system reshapes itself. Each die of fire damage consumes 1 pint of oil. He may store up to 100 pints internally, which cost 1 sp each. Other breath weapons require no special fuel.

Challenge Rating: +1
    Level Adjustment: +1

Metagame notes: The new form adds some minor abilities but it also takes some away. Thus the LA is only +1 since all it adds is versatility.
    Last edited by ericgrau; 2012-12-02 at 02:13 PM.
    So you never have to interrupt a game to look up a rule again:
    My 3.5e Rules Cheat Sheets: Normal, With Consolidated Skill System
    TOGC's 3.5e Spell/etc Cards: rpgnow / drivethru rpg
    Utilities: Magic Item Shop Generator (Req. MS Excel), Balanced Low Magic Item System
    Printable Cardstock Dungeon Tiles and other terrain stuff (100 MB)

26. - Top - End - #416

R834: How about a ranged martial discipline focused on netherworldly darkness and the essence of death and decay. In otherwords in archery based version of Black Heron. If you need to make a seperate thread for this I'm fine with it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jack Mann View Post
    It's worse than the time some friends used a silver piece, a platinum piece, a delayed blast fireball and a scroll of passwall to make a nuclear explosion in a game...
    Quote Originally Posted by nagora View Post
    Chatter is usually a sign that it's time to break out the Lego pirates and start firing marbles at each other's ships instead of role playing. Some nights, we're just not in the mood!
    My fantasy/RPG blog A Voyage Into the Fantastic

27. - Top - End - #417
    Dwarf in the Playground

MindFlayer

R835
    I'd like a crossbow that has blades on either end of the bow and as such can be used as a melee or ranged weapon, preferably comng in light and heavy varieties.
    Last edited by zzuxon; 2012-12-09 at 06:16 PM. Reason: Forgot Request designation.

28. - Top - End - #418
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by zzuxon View Post
    I'd like a crossbow that has blades on either end of the bow and as such can be used as a melee or ranged weapon, preferably comng in light and heavy varieties.
    {table=head]|Dmg (s)|Dmg (m)|critical|Range increment|weight|type|
    Heavy Bladebow|d8/d4|d10/d6|19-20/x2|100 ft|10 lb|piercing
    LightBladebow|d6/d3|d8/d4|19-20/x2|5 lb|60 ft|piercing[/table]

Bladebows function as crossbows, but come equipped with serrated blades, allowing them to be used as melee weapons. The second entry in the damage column shows the damage when the weapon is used in melee. The blades, however, interfere slightly with the action of the bow, reducing the effective range.

Bladebows are martial weapons.
    Hill Giant Games
    I make indie gaming books for you!
    Spoiler
    Show

STaRS: A non-narrativeist, generic rules-light system.
    Grod's Guide to Greatness, 2e: A big book of player options for 5e.
    Grod's Grimoire of the Grotesque: An even bigger book of variant and expanded rules for 5e.
    Giants and Graveyards: My collected 3.5 class fixes and more.

Quote Originally Posted by Grod_The_Giant View Post
    Grod's Law: You cannot and should not balance bad mechanics by making them annoying to use

29. - Top - End - #419
    Troll in the Playground

C:835

There's already a heavy version:

Spoiler
    Show
    BLADED CROSSBOW (Magic Item Compendium, pages 47-48)
    Price (Item Level): 4,660 gp (9th)
    Body Slot: — (held)
    Caster Level: 11th
    Aura: Moderate; (DC 20) evocation
    Activation: —
    Weight: 12 lb.
    The front of this heavy crossbow is fitted with a pair of curved, sharp blades. The gap between them is perfectly positioned to allow the unhindered passage of a crossbow bolt.

This crossbow has an exceptionally strong stock, which is shaped so that you can grip and swing it as a melee weapon. You can use a bladed crossbow as either a +1 heavy crossbow for ranged attacks, or as a +1 battleaxe for melee attacks.

Prerequisites: Craft Magic Arms and Armor, blade barrier.

Cost to Create: 2,000 gp (plus 660 gp for masterwork heavy crossbow and masterwork battleaxe), 80 XP, 4 days.

I guess a light version could be treated as light crossbow/handaxe and weigh half as much.
    Kaedanis Pyran, tai faernae.

The LA Assignment Threads: Attempting to Make Monsters Playable Since 2016

My Homebrewer's Extended Signature
    Spoiler: Quotes
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Lycan 01 View Post
    Roland just endorsed a crack pairing?

Did... did we break the universe?
    Quote Originally Posted by SassyQuatch View Post
    It is a major flaw in the game. Destroy a moon? Sure. Talk to somebody a hundred miles away, that's going to be difficult.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rizban View Post
    Realistically speaking... D&D style magic doesn't exist, so... let's ignore reality.

30. - Top - End - #420
    Banned

R386

In the interest of creating a LOTR campaign with Pathfinder rules, could someone write up an uruk-hai race?