New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 16 of 50 FirstFirst ... 6789101112131415161718192021222324252641 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #451
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: Request a Homebrew: Thread 2!

Quote Originally Posted by dspeyer View Post
    I've written base classes here and doubtless will again. I don't think I'm the only one.

I think the real reason those have been ignored is that the source material is too obscure.
    dspeyer, I think you're the exception and not the rule.

2. - Top - End - #452
    Titan in the Playground

Also, the first one at least is not complicated. Tension can be modeled as a stacking +1 Morale to hit whenever an ally rolls max damage or crits. Biorhythm can be a cycle bouncing through +2, +1, +0, -1, -2, to hit or to damage. It really shouldn't need a request on here.
    Quote Originally Posted by jamieth View Post
    ...though Talla does her best to sound objective and impartial, it doesn't cover stuff like "ask a 9-year-old to tank for the party."
    My Homebrew

3. - Top - End - #453
    Orc in the Playground

R 846

Requesting, for a pathfinder campaign, an aberration or ooze or some such (homebrewer's judgment) in the shape of a floating skull but that is not an undead. Medium size and mindless. Should move relatively slowly, ideally via flight. Should have multiple melee attacks (from tentacles, perhaps)that are weakly damaging and have low chance to hit, and should also have magical ranged attack, ideally electric, that should be likely to hit but also weakly damaging.

Basically, I'm looking for something that could appear to be the result of a mix of a whole lotta chaos and a little bit of necromancy. Ideally, it should have a decent CR to be considered a good boss fight for a group of first level characters. If possible, i would also appreciate a few bonus abilities that could be added as the party increases in level. Thank you!
    Last edited by Komodo; 2013-01-01 at 01:26 PM.
    There are no impossible encounters. There is only inadequate preparation.

4. - Top - End - #454
    Troll in the Playground

PirateGirl

C 846
    How about a Grell with wearing a giant skull for armor?

Debby
    Last edited by Debihuman; 2013-01-01 at 12:24 PM.
    P.E.A.C.H. Please Evaluate And Critique Honestly. Being nicer and kinder doesn't hurt either. Note I generally only critique 3.5 and Pathfinder material.
    Please, please, please when using non-core material, cite to the books. There are too many books to wade through to find the one with the feat, special ability or spell you use.
    my creations in homebrew signature thread

5. - Top - End - #455
    Bugbear in the Playground

H846

Someone else can probably do better, but I wanted to test new features on my monster builder.

Far Skull

What can happen when you try to animate a skeleton in the far realm and a wild magic surge interferes. A large skull with glowing eyes and four tentacles at the base.

{TABLE]Size/Type:|Large Aberration
    Hit Dice:|8d8+16 (48 hp)
    Initiative:|+3
    Speed:|40 ft (8 squares), fly 10ft(Perfect)
    Armor Class:|14 (-1 size,+3 dex, +2 deflection), touch 14, flat-footed 11
    Base Attack/Grapple:|+6/+11
    Attack:|tentacle +6 melee (1d8+1) or eye ray +8 ranged (1d6 electricity)
    Full Attack:|4 tentacles +6 melee (1d8+1) and bite +1 melee (1d4+0) or 2 eye rays +8 ranged (1d6 electricity)
    Space/Reach:|10ft/5ft
    Special Attacks:|improved grab, electrocute
    Special Qualities:|Damage Reduction 5/-
    Saves:|Fort +4, Ref +5, Will +7
    Abilities:| Str 13, Dex 17, Con 14, Int -, Wis 12, Cha 14
    Skills:|
    Feats:|
    Environment:|any
    Organization:|solitary
    Challenge Rating:|3
    Advancement:|
    Level Adjustment:|-
    [/TABLE]

electrocute

Once a Far Skull has pinned a victim, it may electrocute him as a standard action dealing 2d6 electricity damage (no attack needed, no save).
    Last edited by dspeyer; 2013-01-01 at 02:38 PM.

6. - Top - End - #456
    Orc in the Playground

C 846

Oooh, very nice. Looks a bit too powerful for my purposes, but I can dial it down for now and remove handicaps as the party advances in level. Thanks so much! Just goes to show, you can always rely on Gold Dragons.
    There are no impossible encounters. There is only inadequate preparation.

7. - Top - End - #457
    Ettin in the Playground

R 847

I have a request for a 4th level Paladin self-buffing spell. Something that would give them, in addition to increased offense and defense, a flight speed.
    "For it is in passing that we achieve immortality" - Pyrrha Nikos

Quote Originally Posted by Stu42 View Post
    I used to like called shots. Then I took an arrow to the knee.
    Arvak Avatar by Dirtytabs

8. - Top - End - #458
    Barbarian in the Playground

C 847

Eagle's Flight
    Level:Pal 2
    Components:V, S, F/DF
    Casting Time:1 standard action
    Duration: 1 min/level.
    Spell Resistance: Yes (harmless)

The caster gains a +2 bonus to attack rolls and AC and can fly at a speed of 30 feet (or 20 feet if wearing medium or heavy armor, or if carrying a medium or heavy load). They can ascend at half speed and descend at double speed, and their maneuverability is good. The spell requires only as much concentration as walking, so the subject can attack or cast spells normally. The subject of a fly spell can charge but not run, and it cannot carry aloft more weight than its maximum load, plus any armor it wears.

Should the spell duration expire while the subject is still aloft, the magic fails slowly. The subject floats downward 60 feet per round for 1d6 rounds. If it reaches the ground in that amount of time, it lands safely. If not, it falls the rest of the distance, taking 1d6 points of damage per 10 feet of fall. Since dispelling a spell effectively ends it, the subject also descends in this way if the fly spell is dispelled, but not if it is negated by an antimagic field.

9. - Top - End - #459
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Frathe View Post
    C 847

Eagle's Flight
    Level:Pal 2

The caster gains a +2 bonus to attack rolls and AC and can fly at a speed of 30 feet (or 20 feet if wearing medium or heavy armor, or if carrying a medium or heavy load). They can ascend at half speed and descend at double speed, and their maneuverability is good. The spell requires only as much concentration as walking, so the subject can attack or cast spells normally. The subject of a fly spell can charge but not run, and it cannot carry aloft more weight than its maximum load, plus any armor it wears.

Should the spell duration expire while the subject is still aloft, the magic fails slowly. The subject floats downward 60 feet per round for 1d6 rounds. If it reaches the ground in that amount of time, it lands safely. If not, it falls the rest of the distance, taking 1d6 points of damage per 10 feet of fall. Since dispelling a spell effectively ends it, the subject also descends in this way if the fly spell is dispelled, but not if it is negated by an antimagic field.
    I was looking for something a little more powerful; something 4th level.

10. - Top - End - #460

Sorry, I thought you meant Class Level 4, not Caster Level. Here's a boosted version.

C 847

Eagle's Flight
    Level:Pal 4

The caster gains a +2 sacred bonus to attack rolls and a +4 sacred bonus to AC, and can fly at a speed of 60 feet (or 40 feet if wearing medium or heavy armor, or if carrying a medium or heavy load). They can ascend at half speed and descend at double speed, and their maneuverability is good. The spell requires only as much concentration as walking, so the subject can attack or cast spells normally. The subject of a fly spell can charge but not run, and it cannot carry aloft more weight than its maximum load, plus any armor it wears.

Last edited by Frathe; 2013-01-01 at 09:39 PM. Reason: New thought

11. - Top - End - #461
    Ettin in the Playground

Thanks, but what form of bonus are the AC and attack? I'm assuming Sacred.

12. - Top - End - #462

Quote Originally Posted by Maquise View Post
    Thanks, but what form of bonus are the AC and attack? I'm assuming Sacred.
    Yeah, that seems like a reasonable assumption. Also, in case you missed it, I lowered the attack bonus to a +2. I thought +4 to attack seemed a little high for a fourth level spell that also had other effects.

13. - Top - End - #463
    Troll in the Playground

Would anyone be interested in trying to make a Pathfinder class that works like Gaara's sand-manipulation from Naruto?
    Past Avatars:
    Spoiler
    Show

By Alterform

Spoiler
    Show
    Lore: 7.

Factors: 2.

Wealth: 5

Magic: 4

Espionage: 4

Military: 2.

Faith: 6.

14. - Top - End - #464
    Firbolg in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Turalisj View Post
    Would anyone be interested in trying to make a Pathfinder class that works like Gaara's sand-manipulation from Naruto?
    If you make the technique points per encounter, rather than per day then this class should work rather well.
    Spoiler: Old Avatar by Aruius
    Show
    http://i133.photobucket.com/albums/q56/Zeritho/Koboldbard.png

15. - Top - End - #465
    Pixie in the Playground

R 849

I'd like to request a creature (GS min 18/20) that acts as a psychopomp (aka leads the spirits of the dead in the afterlife) with a feminine appearance and that is linked to the cold and undead, I also would like she has some kind of magic/supernatural/ect effect of sleep or hypnosis which also work on undead. Similar to an undead virago, but N/LN.
    Sorry, English isn't my first language ~♪

16. - Top - End - #466

C849

What does "(GS min 18/20)" mean?

17. - Top - End - #467
    Pixie in the Playground

C849

Sorry, when I write quickly sometimes I use Italian terms, I mean CR between 18 and 20. Sorry again.
    Sorry, English isn't my first language ~♪

18. - Top - End - #468
    Dwarf in the Playground

Imp

R850

I'm DMing 3.5 D&D, and the idea of houseruling the skill-list is really growing on me. Are there any relevant projects done on the boards that I should look up on? (Current plan is to take the Pathfinder list and make some house-rules around it).

I know this is a bit different than the regular questions here, but I didn't know where else to ask :)

19. - Top - End - #469
    Ogre in the Playground

R851!
    I would like to request the Advanced hybrid Chimera from Resistance: Fall of man as a monster.
    (Because, I guess people dont like it or something, I thought I would ask you guys.)
    "All things must end, and you will be among the first."
    I love Ceika <3

Quote Originally Posted by Kymme View Post
    You've got good reasoning, though the Akastarepti is never the best example.

Extended Sig

20. - Top - End - #470
    Dwarf in the Playground

MindFlayer

Quote Originally Posted by PetterTomBos View Post
    R850

I'm DMing 3.5 D&D, and the idea of houseruling the skill-list is really growing on me. Are there any relevant projects done on the boards that I should look up on? (Current plan is to take the Pathfinder list and make some house-rules around it).

I know this is a bit different than the regular questions here, but I didn't know where else to ask :)
    Here are some of the things I'm doing:

Balance, Tumble, and Escape Artist are rolled into Acrobatics (Dex).
    Jump, Swim, and Climb are rolled into Athletics (Str).
    Hide, Move Silently and Sleight of Hand are rolled into Stealth (Dex).
    Spot, Listen, and Search are rolled into Perception (Wis).
    Disable Device and Open Lock are rolled into Mechanics (Int)
    Bluff, Intimidate, Gather Information, and Diplomacy are rolled into Persuasion(Cha).
    Knowledge (architecture and engineering) is rolled into the new knowledge skill, Knowledge (science).
    Knowledge (nobility and royalty) and Knowledge (local) are rolled into Knowledge (culture).
    Knowledge (history) and Knowledge (geography) are rolled into Knowledge (civilization).
    Knowledge (the planes) is rolled into Knowledge (arcana).

21. - Top - End - #471
    Dwarf in the Playground

I really wanna create a new discipline for a new Martial Adept base class I want to make, but I'm kind of lazy and have never tackled creating a discipline before. The class is called the Otataral Knight, based on the concept of otataral from the Malazan Book of the Fallen (it's a substance that basically creates an antimagic field). The class will probably have somethings along the lines of spell resistance, bonuses to saves, and eventually some immunities such as mind control, etc. I'm toying with the idea of the capstone being immunity to magic ala golems; in this case, I'd also probably state that they cannot benefit from magic items from day one or from magic spells and giving them a revised benefits table similar to the benefits of vow of poverty.

Anyway, I want the discipline to be called Otataral Dragon, and would replace the Stone Dragon for this class. What I'm looking for are strikes that would do some damage but, instead of debuffing stats/health etc, would dispell or weaken spell effects, potentially doing more damage the higher the level of the spell dispelled, and things like dismissing summoned creatures. A capstone strike would probably do some sort of limited disjunction (maybe not permanent, like a 1d4+1 rounds). I'd like the stances to allow the character to withstand effects from spells, negate them, or even impose something like an antimagic field at higher levels. Counters should work against spells, obviously, and not be provoked by attacks, but I don't really have many in mind except for a higher level one (something like 7/8/9th level) that would allow the Otataral Knight to be dragged along by any teleportation effects. Ideally, I'd like these to be attuned to combating both arcane and divine casters, as well as the spells cast as spell-like abilities by monsters/demons.

I don't really want a game-breaking discipline, or something to completely **** up careful casters, just knock them off their pedestal a bit. For instance, I hate that casters can get off celerity-teleportation as a get out of jail free card when they've bitten off more than they can chew with relative impugnity; I'd like this discipline to take that option away from them. Again, I really don't want it to completely negate casters (so strikes/counters that do such things should have reasonable DCs).

Although, fun note, a small shard of otataral is used to kill a god simply by playing catch with them, I don't want the discipline to have that sort of magic devouring power, at least before the upper levels. If anyone's interested, PM me! I'll probably come up with some other interesting ideas, as well.

22. - Top - End - #472
    Dwarf in the Playground

SwashbucklerGuy

R852 Could someone brew up some racial substitution levels for Dwarf Crusaders and/or Dwarf Swordsages?
    Last edited by Xaotiq1; 2013-01-07 at 05:11 PM.
    "Bender knows love, and love doesn't share itself with the world. Love is suspicious, love is needy. Love is fearful, love is greedy. My friends, there is no great love without great jealousy!"- Bender Bending Rodriguez

23. - Top - End - #473
    Dwarf in the Playground

Imp

Quote Originally Posted by zzuxon View Post
    Here are some of the things I'm doing:

Balance, Tumble, and Escape Artist are rolled into Acrobatics (Dex).
    Jump, Swim, and Climb are rolled into Athletics (Str).
    Hide, Move Silently and Sleight of Hand are rolled into Stealth (Dex).
    Spot, Listen, and Search are rolled into Perception (Wis).
    Disable Device and Open Lock are rolled into Mechanics (Int)
    Bluff, Intimidate, Gather Information, and Diplomacy are rolled into Persuasion(Cha).
    Knowledge (architecture and engineering) is rolled into the new knowledge skill, Knowledge (science).
    Knowledge (nobility and royalty) and Knowledge (local) are rolled into Knowledge (culture).
    Knowledge (history) and Knowledge (geography) are rolled into Knowledge (civilization).
    Knowledge (the planes) is rolled into Knowledge (arcana).
    Turning this into a separate thread.

24. - Top - End - #474
    Dwarf in the Playground

Imp

R853

I need mutations! There is an area that has been riddled with magical sandstorms, unintentionally serving as a sort of "heatsink" for redundant magical energies from a tippyverse. People has been exposed to it and mutated as a result! I need entries to the table :)
    Last edited by PetterTomBos; 2013-01-09 at 01:22 PM.

25. - Top - End - #475
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Xaotiq1 View Post
    R852 Could someone brew up some racial substitution levels for Dwarf Crusaders and/or Dwarf Swordsages?
    H852

Dwarf Crusader Racial Substitution Levels:

HD: d12.
    Skills: Add Knowledge (Architecture and Engineering).

{table=head]Level|Base Attack Bonus|Fort Save|Ref Save|Will Save|Special
    1st|
    +1
    |
    +2
    |
    +0
    |
    +0
    |Heroic Stand, Steely Resolve.
    2nd|
    +2
    |
    +3
    |
    +0
    |
    +0
    |Roots of the Mountain
    6th|
    +6
    |
    +5
    |
    +2
    |
    +2
    |Dwarven Smite 1/day.[/table]

Heroic Stand (Ex): Dwarven combat emphasizes defense over offense, and dwarven crusaders are no exception You gain a bonus to AC and DR /- equal to 1/5th the damage in your Steely Resolve pool rounded down (to a minimum of 1). You can only gain a maximum of +6 and DR 6/- from Heroic Stand.

This ability replaces Furious Counterattack.

Roots of the Mountain (Ex): You are a warrior of the dwarven people, the very roots upon which their civilization stands. Like the roots of the mountain upon which they physically stand you are resilient and resistant to physical harm and destruction.

You add your Wisdom bonus (if any) as a bonus on Fortitude saves. This bonus does not stack with a Paladin's Divine Grace.

This ability replaces Zealous Surge.

Dwarven Smite (Ex): Where other crusaders wield their rage equally against all foes, dwarven crusaders are particularly practiced in facing the traditional foes of their people.

Starting at 6th level once per day you can channel your anger and rage into a smite. On your next melee attack you gain a bonus to attack equal to your Wisdom modifier and damage equal to 3/4th your class level. If the target is an orc, goblinoid, giant, or dragon you instead gain a bonus to damage equal to 1.5 times your class level.

This ability replaces Smite and whenever you would gain additional Smites per day as a Crusader you gain additional Dwarven Smites instead.

Dwarven Swordsage:

HD: d10.
    Skills: Add Knowledge (Architecture and Engineering).

{table=head]Level|Base Attack Bonus|Fort Save|Ref Save|Will Save|Special
    1st|
    +0
    |
    +0
    |
    +2
    |
    +2
    |Quick to Act +1, Dwarven Weapon Focus.
    5th|
    +3
    |
    +1
    |
    +4
    |
    +4
    | Dwarven Hardiness
    9th|
    +6/+1
    |
    +3
    |
    +6
    |
    +6
    |Mettle.[/table]

Dwarven Weapon Focus (Ex): You gain the benefits of Weapon Focus with all axes, hammers, and any weapon with "dwarven" in its name you are proficient with, and may treat them as associated weapons for 1 discipline of your choice.

This ability replaces Discipline Focus (Weapon Focus).

Dwarven Hardiness (Ex): You gain a +2 competence bonus on Fortitude saves versus poison, disease, and death effects.

This replaces the increase to your Quick to Act gained at Lv 5. From this point forward your bonus from Quick to Act is 1 less than a normal swordsage's.

Mettle (Ex): At level 9 you gain Mettle.

This replaces the Swordsage's Evasion ability and if you would gain Improved Evasion as a Swordsage you gain Evasion instead.
    Peanut Half-Dragon Necromancer by Kurien.

Current Projects:

Group: The Harrowing Halloween Harvest of Horror Part 2

Personal Silliness: Vote what Soulknife "Fix"/Inspired Class Should I make??? Past Work Expansion Caricatures.

Old: My homebrew (updated 9/9)

26. - Top - End - #476

H853

{table=head]d%|Mutation
    1-6|Reduce creature to 1/12 height (no save)
    7-12|Creature turns permanently blue, green, or purple (no save)
    13-18|Creature glows, as if affected by permanent faerie fire
    19-24|Creature doubles in size and weight (increase by one size category)
    25-30|Creature sprouts 1d4 tentacles
    31-36|Creature changes to opposite gender (no effect if genderless)
    37-42|Creature grows gills that allow underwater breathing, but give -2 to Charisma (no effect if already waterbreathing)
    43-48|Creature gains unnaturally thick skin or thickened scales (as appropriate), giving -2 to Charisma but +2 to natural armor
    49-54|Humanoid or giant creatures become afflicted with lycanthropy (wererat 1-50%, werewolf 51-75%, wereboar 76-100%); non-humanoid creatures, roll another effect
    55-60|Creature sprouts wings, gaining a fly speed of 10 ft and poor maneuverability; has no real effect on winged creatures
    61-66|Creature gains natural healing from physical damage, equivalent to DR 2/magic
    67-72|Creature is permanently blinded, but gains blindsight 60 ft
    73-78|Creature becomes a genius, gaining +6 to Intelligence, but also becomes fragile because of the energy redirected to their swollen brain, causing -6 to Constitution
    79-84|Creature becomes a powerful, hulking, dumb brute, with +6 to Strength and -6 to Intelligence
    85-90|The creature gains a luck bonus of +1 to all rolls
    91-95|The creature gains a bad luck bonus of -1 to all rolls
    96-100|The creature is instantaneously aged 10d4 years; see Table: Aging Effects for results
    [/table]
    Last edited by Frathe; 2013-01-09 at 05:47 PM. Reason: Bolding

27. - Top - End - #477

PirateGuy

R854 I want to homebrew a warforged component, the shoulderbow, into a 3.5 version. what i mean is what would i (or an npc articifer) need to create it, how much would it cost and what would be the dmg.

here is the discription of the 4e item:

Spoiler
    Show
    The shoulderbow is a warforged component that is embedded, hidden in the back of a warforged. With a thought, the shoulderbow can extend and mount on the warforged's shoulder. Once in position, the shoulderbow can fire using mental commands, and generates its own ammunition.

The shoulderbow can be activated with a thought, and takes a minor action to rise into position. Once in position, the shoulderbow can be fired as a standard action using a mental command and no hands. As a daily power, the shoulderbow can make a ranged basic attack as a minor action.

It would be awsome if you guys could help me with this.
    Thanks a bunch!

p.s. I am new to the playground, is this in the right place?

28. - Top - End - #478
    Titan in the Playground

H 854

Shoulderbow
    The shoulderbow is a warforged component that is embedded, hidden in the back of a warforged. With a thought, the shoulderbow can extend and mount on the warforged's shoulder. Once in position, the shoulderbow can fire using mental commands, and uses crossbow bolts stored inside the warforged's shoulder. Up to 10 bolts may be stored this way and they fire in the reverse order that they are inserted. Loading a bolt is a move action that provokes an attack of opportunity.

The shoulderbow can be activated with a thought, and takes a swift action to rise into position. Once in position, the shoulderbow can be fired as a standard action using a mental command and no hands. Once per day, as part of a full attack, the warforged may make an additional attack with the shoulderbow at his full base attack bonus. This attack is in addition to his regular attacks with any weapon. This extra attack does not stack with haste or similar effects.

The shoulderbow has an enhancement bonus of +1 but it may be further enchanted like any magic weapon by paying the crafter the difference between the cost of the new enchantments and the cost of a +1 enchantment (2,000 gp). It deals 1d8 points of damage plus any damage from any magical enchantments. It occupies the shoulders slot (typical of cloaks, capes, or mantles).

Faint transmutation; CL 5th; Craft Magic Arms and Armor, haste; Price 3,750 gp; Cost 2,150 gp + 64 XP.

Comments: I priced it as a repeating crossbow with a 1/day haste ability similar to other haste items. By not generating its own ammo I added a little 3.5 flexibility in that you could save it for some kind of special bolt you had tucked away if you want, or a regular bolt if you want.
    Last edited by ericgrau; 2013-01-09 at 11:00 PM.
    So you never have to interrupt a game to look up a rule again:
    My 3.5e Rules Cheat Sheets: Normal, With Consolidated Skill System
    TOGC's 3.5e Spell/etc Cards: rpgnow / drivethru rpg
    Utilities: Magic Item Shop Generator (Req. MS Excel), Balanced Low Magic Item System
    Printable Cardstock Dungeon Tiles and other terrain stuff (100 MB)

29. - Top - End - #479

GnomeWizardGuy

R855
    For 3.5 I would like a creature that is basically a rooster bred for increased size and strength to replace riding dogs as the primary mount of gnomes. If possible I would like two variants, one that can fly and one that cannot, and I would like prices for both of them.
    Spoiler: Those That Came Before
    Show
    Yohalles, the Wanderer
    Lonel, Gentleman Luck
    Jongo, God of Sea-Life

30. - Top - End - #480

PirateGuy

C 854

WOW

Quote Originally Posted by ericgrau View Post
    H 854

Shoulderbow
    Spoiler
    Show
    The shoulderbow is a warforged component that is embedded, hidden in the back of a warforged. With a thought, the shoulderbow can extend and mount on the warforged's shoulder. Once in position, the shoulderbow can fire using mental commands, and uses crossbow bolts stored inside the warforged's shoulder. Up to 10 bolts may be stored this way and they fire in the reverse order that they are inserted. Loading a bolt is a move action that provokes an attack of opportunity.

The shoulderbow can be activated with a thought, and takes a swift action to rise into position. Once in position, the shoulderbow can be fired as a standard action using a mental command and no hands. Once per day, as part of a full attack, the warforged may make an additional attack with the shoulderbow at his full base attack bonus. This attack is in addition to his regular attacks with any weapon. This extra attack does not stack with haste or similar effects.

The shoulderbow has an enhancement bonus of +1 but it may be further enchanted like any magic weapon by paying the crafter the difference between the cost of the new enchantments and the cost of a +1 enchantment (2,000 gp). It deals 1d8 points of damage plus any damage from any magical enchantments. It occupies the shoulders slot (typical of cloaks, capes, or mantles).

Faint transmutation; CL 5th; Craft Magic Arms and Armor, haste; Price 3,750 gp; Cost 2,150 gp + 64 XP.

Comments: I priced it as a repeating crossbow with a 1/day haste ability similar to other haste items. By not generating its own ammo I added a little 3.5 flexibility in that you could save it for some kind of special bolt you had tucked away if you want, or a regular bolt if you want.
    Oh. My. Gosh. You are awsome. Thanks so much!