New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 23 of 50 FirstFirst ... 13141516171819202122232425262728293031323348 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #661
    Pixie in the Playground

DrowGuy

Default Re: Request a Homebrew: Thread 2!

Quote Originally Posted by ngilop View Post
    Dark Mage Homebrew
    Thanks for this, it stands up nicely alongside the Beguiler and I know one of my players who'd be interested in it.
    Last edited by Marcus Amakar; 2013-06-09 at 05:21 PM.

2. - Top - End - #662
    Bugbear in the Playground

HalfOrcPirate

R912
    Thanks to this thread, I would like to request a chef/baker based magic caster! It's a bit odd, but it would make for a heck of a good time!
    I'd imagine they'd need to get ranks in Profession (baker) or something

3. - Top - End - #663
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by gurgleflep View Post
    R912
    Thanks to this thread, I would like to request a chef/baker based magic caster! It's a bit odd, but it would make for a heck of a good time!
    Q912
    Would my Food Domain be of any use?
    [Public Service Announcement]P.E.A.C.H stands for Please Examine And Critique Honestly[/Public Service Announcement]
    Currently Running: Equestria Begins (A High Tactics campaign)
    Extended Signature
    My Homebrew is meant to be used, but, if you do, PLEASE tell me how it goes.

4. - Top - End - #664

HalfOrcPirate

Quote Originally Posted by DracoDei View Post
    Q912
    Would my Food Domain be of any use?
    C912
    I don't know if it would or not, but any and all food-based suggestions sound good to me

5. - Top - End - #665
    Titan in the Playground

C912
    I don't know if it would or not, but any and all food-based suggestions sound good to me
    C912
    I'll see about getting it convert out of Word format...
    [Public Service Announcement]P.E.A.C.H stands for Please Examine And Critique Honestly[/Public Service Announcement]
    Extended Signature

6. - Top - End - #666
    Troll in the Playground

PirateGirl

C. 912 I have a Pie Domain see my sig that might also work and you should see this thread as well: http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=122051.

Debby
    Last edited by Debihuman; 2015-02-01 at 07:12 PM.
    P.E.A.C.H. Please Evaluate And Critique Honestly. Being nicer and kinder doesn't hurt either. Note I generally only critique 3.5 and Pathfinder material.
    Please, please, please when using non-core material, cite to the books. There are too many books to wade through to find the one with the feat, special ability or spell you use.
    my creations in homebrew signature thread

7. - Top - End - #667
    Titan in the Playground

C/H912

Going to be a BIT lazy on rebuilding the formatting that was lost in the copy/paste here. Also, I'm not going to necessarily catch all the mistakes that I made since I created this years and years ago. This includes the fact that some of the spells may be unbalanced, including Ray of Vomiting.

Granted Powers: Can cast the following spells 2/day each: Create Water, Purify Food/Drink (As a bonus also gets rid of bitterness or excessive seasoning when cast in this way)

1 Detect Food*
    2 Create Food and Drink (Tastiness determined by Craft(Cooking) check at a -5 penalty.)
    3 Neutralize Poison**
    4 Ray of Vomiting*
    5 Stone to Flesh***
    6 Hero Feast
    7 White Snake*
    8 Greater Hero’s Feast*
    9 Nectar of the gods*
    *New spell. Detailed below.
    ** Effective against Ingested and Contact poisons only when cast as a domain spell(including from a domain slot).
    *** In situations where this spell would normally produce an undefined fleshy substance it instead produces raw meat of supreme quality, caster’s choice of any type of meat she has eaten at least once.

Detect Food
    Divination
    Level: Food 1
    Components: V,S,DF
    Casting Time: 1 standard action
    Range: 60 ft.
    Area: Quarter circle emanating from you to the extreme of the range
    Duration: Concentration, up to 10 minutes/level (D)
    You detect substances you can eat or drink. This will detect living creatures but only if you have eaten such a creature before and could reasonably expect to defeat it if you faced in a battle to the death with yourself naked, weaponless and without magic or psionics, fleshed undead are detected as spoiled meat if you have ever eaten a member of that species. Thus you could theoretically detect ghouls made from humans if you have ever eaten human flesh, but skeletons or ghosts could not be detected. The amount of information revealed depends on how long you study a particular area, subject or place:
    1st round: Presences or absence of food.
    2nd round: Number clumps of food and tastiness of the one you like best.
    3rd round: The volume and tastiness of each piece of food in area. Also gives indication if any of them are poisoned with ingested or contact poison. This is an indication for the area as a whole and not for any individual piece of food in it. Tastiness levels:

4th round: The type of each piece of food. Which pieces of food, if any, are poisoned.
    5th and later rounds: May make one attempt per poisoned food item to identify the poison used (See Detect Poison). You may only make one attempt per round and only one attempt for each poisoned item. Note that if you have the Alchemy skill then each attempt actually might consist of two rolls.
    Note: Like all the other detect spells this one can penetrate barriers but 1 foot of stone, 1 inch of common metal, a thin sheet of lead, or 3 feet of wood or dirt blocks it. If the caster has been unable to obtain food for at least 2 days then double the thicknesses, or if they are within 5 days of starving to death then instead triple them.

Greater Heroes Feast
    Conjuration (Creation)
    Level" Food 8
    Casting Time: 10 minutes
    Duration: 24 hours
    This spell is identical with Heroes Feast except as follows:
    Heals all HP instead of only some.
    All 12 hour durations in it change to 24 hours
    +2 (un)holy bonus to STR, CON, and INT for 24 hours provided by food.

Ray of Vomiting
    Enchantment (Compulsion)
    Level: Food 3, Wiz/Sor 3
    Components: S, M(however see below), DF
    Casting Time: 1 action
    Range: Short (25ft +5ft/2 levels)
    Target: One creature
    Duration: 1d4 rounds or until resisted
    Save: Special
    Spell Resistance: Yes
    Your ray causes the creature struck to spend one round doing nothing but vomiting, retching, and spitting. Although much more disgusting the practical combat effects of this are mostly equivalent to a Daze Monster spell that allows no save (at least not on this first round). The vomitus may also be slick or in extreme cases might eat (extremely strong stomach acid) or burn (Remorhaz) into whatever it touches (GM’s digestion… er I mean discresion). In such cases or just for effect the GM may allow the creature a will save to aim stomach contents as a range touch attack. The maximum range is equal to the creature’s reach and thereis no increment. Note that with the exception of thri-kreen almost all breathweapons are separate from stomach contents and are not considered to be proficient weapons. In any case any creatures that have been swallowed or are in the creatures mouth are ejected immediately. Each additional round up to the 1d4 duration the target is allowed a Fortitude save to end the effects. On the third round(if any) the DC is decreased by 1, and on the fourth round (if any) the DC decreased by 1 more for a total of 2 less than the original DC.
    Material Component: a root from the alum plant, this is actually not strictly required but without it the range changes to touch. This is a critical distinction since touch attacks from within the craw or stomach of a creature are almost always automatically successful.

Nectar of the gods
    Transmutation [See Text]
    Level: Food 9
    Components: V, S, M, DF
    Range: Touch
    Target: One bottle containing at least 20 vials worth of (un)holy water.
    Duration: Until discharged or 2 hours / level* , 24 hours

Temporarily transforms (un)holy water into a potion of great power. The potion may be utilized in one of two ways. It can be drunk or it can be used as a grenade like missile. For the duration the bottle is considered to be a Breaker Bottle and anyone who handles it has the command word mentally communicated to them.
    Drinking it requires a full round action and it immediately has the same end effects as a Greater Heroes Feast on the imbiber with the following exceptions (there is no one hour delay, just the one full round to quaff):
    Quaffing is sufficient to provide all the benefits even though there is nothing to eat.
    +2 (un)holy bonus to WIS for 24 hours
    +4 (un)holy bonus substituted for the +2 bonus to ONE of STR, CON, or INT (casters choice at time of casting, the other two are still +2)
    drinker gains 3d8 temporary hitpoints (as per Aid) for 24 hours
    functions as per the second effect of Protection from Good/Evil/Law/Chaos. (blocks any attempt to possess the warded creature or to exercise mental control over the creature. Likewise the barrier keeps out a possessing life force but does not expel one if it is in place before the potion is quaffed.)
    acts as a Regenerate Light Wounds ( p.92 Master’s of the Wild) with a 24 hour duration.
    Again: all effects are without delay.

If used as a grenade like missile then it has the following effects:
    Splash: Acts as a Holy Word, Dictum, Word of Chaos, or Blasphemy depending on what modifier it was memorized with on creatures struck by splash only. It also functions as a bottle with 20 vials worth of (un)holy water would if used as a grenade like missile. If cast as a Good spell after these effects are resolved, against undead ONLY it acts like a Heal spell on them (and so damages them). If cast as an Evil spell after these effects are resolved, against living targets ONLY it acts like a Harm spell on them. All saves are as for a 9th level spell.
    Struck directly: As per above but Holy Word, Dictum, Word of Chaos, or Blasphemy functions at increased effect as if under a Maximize Spell and Empower Spell effects and Heal/Harm effect can kill/destroy even on a successful save.

The standard rule about this being memorized as a ONE of the following only (per spell slot) applies: Good, Evil, Law, or Chaos.
    Material Components: If cast as a Good spell: The bottle of Holy Water (at least 20 vials worth)(not consumed), 1 lb of honey, 1 pint fine red wine (costs 10 gp, see p. 108 PHB)
    If cast as a Law spell: Bottle of Holy or Unholy Water (at least 20 vials worth)(not consumed), 1 lb of honey, 1 pint fine bubbly wine (Like Champaign for example, costs 10 gp, see p. 108 PHB)
    If cast as an Evil spell: The bottle of Unholy Water (at least 20 vials worth)(not consumed), 1 gallon of distilled spirits( 2 gp worth), 1 pint fine wine (costs 10 gp, see p. 108 PHB)
    If cast as an Chaos spell: The bottle of Unholy or Holy Water (at least 20 vials worth)(not consumed), 10 gp worth of mead
    *This is the ‘shelf life’ before it reverts back to being (un)holy water, not the duration of the effect if and when drunk.

White Snake
    Conjuration (Creation)
    Level: Food 7, Drd 7
    Duration: 3 hours/level* or until discharged + 1 hour/level
    Components: V, S, DF, F
    Target: Platter/Bowl touched
    Creates a dead snakelike creature with pure white scales on the platter/bowl cut up one piece per 3 caster levels. Each of these pieces if consumed acts as per Speak with Animals on the eater with a duration of 1 hour per level of the caster of White Snake. In addition it grants a +4 enhancement bonus to charisma for the purpose of any interaction with animals for the duration and gives a +1 enhancement bonus to intelligence to any animals within 10’ feet of the eater. This last bonus is considered on a round-by-round basis without regard to where the animal was before that time. In other words whether the animal left the radius, and/or was in the radius at the time of eating of the piece of the snake is irrelevant.

Cleric Focus: A silver platter with sliver cover worth at least 200 gp.
    Druid Focus: A wooden bowl at least 1 foot in diameter made of Oak, rowan, ash, or yew.
    *This is the shelf life before any remaining pieces of the snake vanishes, not the duration of the effect if eaten.
    Last edited by DracoDei; 2023-05-16 at 09:11 PM. Reason: Updated Heal/Harm effect for Nectar of the Gods from 3.0 to 3.5
    Extended Signature

8. - Top - End - #668

HalfOrcPirate

C912
    Thank you both These will come in quite handy for the Magi of Pie!

9. - Top - End - #669
    Barbarian in the Playground

R.913

It might be a complex request, but I'm looking for a specific monster design....

An incorporeal undead, It has two severed hands that float independent of its body and can move out to 90 feet individually from it (Both hands can move as if each was its own levitating object). The body is ideally under a constant invisibility effect and its hands actions don't cause it to become visible. The spell See Invisibility is required to actually locate its body. I'd like to then have a fear aura be active once its body is revealed and possibly some other fear effect spell like abilities. Attacking its hands does no damage to the actual creature. Ideally it can possess objects and its hand at least can pick up and use physical weapons. Or has a telekinetic fist ability. Additional things like touch attacks are not required as the creature is supposed to be able to wield weapons with its hands, possibly its body can shoot fear effects, various rays or simply dimension door around a few times.

This is intended to be a CR 6-8 encounter and pretty much a Big Boss to a dungeon. I've taken to calling it a Dybbuk.

10. - Top - End - #670
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Tzi View Post
    R.913

It might be a complex request, but I'm looking for a specific monster design....

An incorporeal undead, It has two severed hands that float independent of its body and can move out to 90 feet individually from it (Both hands can move as if each was its own levitating object). The body is ideally under a constant invisibility effect and its hands actions don't cause it to become visible. The spell See Invisibility is required to actually locate its body. I'd like to then have a fear aura be active once its body is revealed and possibly some other fear effect spell like abilities. Attacking its hands does no damage to the actual creature. Ideally it can possess objects and its hand at least can pick up and use physical weapons. Or has a telekinetic fist ability. Additional things like touch attacks are not required as the creature is supposed to be able to wield weapons with its hands, possibly its body can shoot fear effects, various rays or simply dimension door around a few times.

This is intended to be a CR 6-8 encounter and pretty much a Big Boss to a dungeon. I've taken to calling it a Dybbuk.
    C 913
    I may or may not do this, but that actually doesn't sound too hard to me.
    Extended Signature

11. - Top - End - #671
    Ogre in the Playground

R912
    C 912
    Well my first thought is to re-skin alchemical items and potions as different types of food. Then make an invoker.

12. - Top - End - #672
    Halfling in the Playground

HalflingRogueGuy

R.914?

I would like a feat that let's spell casters use the sudden metamagic feats more times per day.
    I am just a worthless liar.
    I am just an imbecile.
    I will only complicate you.
    Trust in me and fall as well.
    I will find a center in you.
    I will chew it up and leave,
    I will work to elevate you
    Just enough to bring you down.

Tool.

13. - Top - End - #673
    Troll in the Playground

PirateGirl

C 913
    Sounds like a combination of ghost and crawling claw.

C. 914 How about the Residual Magic Feat from Complete Mage p. 46

Debby
    Last edited by Debihuman; 2013-06-12 at 11:41 PM.
    P.E.A.C.H. Please Evaluate And Critique Honestly. Being nicer and kinder doesn't hurt either. Note I generally only critique 3.5 and Pathfinder material.
    Please, please, please when using non-core material, cite to the books. There are too many books to wade through to find the one with the feat, special ability or spell you use.

14. - Top - End - #674
    Halfling in the Playground

HalflingRogueGuy

I was looking more for a "you can use this one __ amount more times a day" aswell I wouldn't know where to begin for the prerequisites.
    I am just a worthless liar.
    I am just an imbecile.
    I will only complicate you.
    Trust in me and fall as well.
    I will find a center in you.
    I will chew it up and leave,
    I will work to elevate you
    Just enough to bring you down.

Tool.

15. - Top - End - #675
    Ogre in the Playground

H 914

The two options I see here are feats that let you use one sudden metamagic feat more often, and feats that let you use all sudden metamagics more often. So with three feats you could be a sudden [X] specialist and do that 3-5 times a day, or you could be a sudden [whatever] specialist and do everything 1-2 times a day. I'll write a feat for both.

Sudden Magister
    Prerequisite: Any 2 sudden metamagic feats
    Benefit: You gain a pool of bonus sudden metamagic uses equal to 1 + the number of sudden metamagic feats you have. This pool refreshes to maximum when you regain spells for the day. When you cast a spell, you may choose to lose 1 use from the pool and use one of your sudden metamagic feats, even if you have already used the feat that day.
    Special: You may not use this feat to activate multiple sudden metamagic feats on a single spell.

Sudden Specialist
    Prerequisite: Any sudden metamagic feat
    Benefit: Choose 1 sudden metamagic feat you know. You may use that feat an additional 2 times per day.
    Special: You may take this feat more than once. You may apply it to the same sudden metamagic feat more than once, but may not apply it more than once per three ECL (rounded up).

Keep in mind that these are not metamagic feats themselves. They are also quite strong and open to easy abuse, so keep an eye on them.
    Last edited by Just to Browse; 2013-06-13 at 02:08 PM.

16. - Top - End - #676
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Just to Browse View Post
    H 914
    Special: You may not use this feat to activate sudden metamagic feats on a single spell.
    C 914
    This is garbled. I think you mean you can't use it to activate MULTIPLE metamagic feats on a single spell? Which could get into trouble since as written, you can't use it while you have charges remaining on the actual sudden metamagics, so if you want to do two different ones and both have run out you are out of luck.
    Extended Signature

17. - Top - End - #677
    Ogre in the Playground

C 914

Yeah, I meant multiple. Writing that in.

The goal is to force spreading your sudden metamagic throughout the fight and/or day. I agree with you on the problem there, but I can't think of better wording that stays simple.

18. - Top - End - #678
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Just to Browse View Post
    C 914

Yeah, I meant multiple. Writing that in.

The goal is to force spreading your sudden metamagic throughout the fight and/or day. I agree with you on the problem there, but I can't think of better wording that stays simple.
    Well, you could do what I do and not let "simple" get in the way of "precise"... of course, some people don't like that so... I sometimes make two versions of the same thing (in the same post/thread).
    Last edited by DracoDei; 2013-06-14 at 01:30 AM.
    Extended Signature

19. - Top - End - #679
    Ogre in the Playground

R - 915

5 level PrC that turns you into a giant tropical frog. Gain contact poison, long tongue for combat, webbed feet, jump and spot bonuses, etc.

Spoiler
    Show
    Belladonis Campaign Setting 3.5
    Casting as a Skill

Learn from your mistakes, 3.5...
    Fill in those dead levels...

Abrothia's Vision
    Spoiler
    Show

Welcome to the World Serpent Inn!
    Spoiler
    Show

- - - IC - - - OOC - - -

Extended Signature (90% complete)

20. - Top - End - #680
    Barbarian in the Playground

C 913
    Alright, Well I'll be watching the thread for it.

21. - Top - End - #681
    Dwarf in the Playground

R.916

I would like some Animal Companion Starting Statistics for Pathfinder if anyone can do them.

I'm wanting to simulate the Hippogriff Animal Companion that the Hippogriff Rider gets, but use these Magical Beasts:

Griffon
    Pegasus
    Unicorn
    Sea Cat
    Worg
    Ethyk (stats located here: Ethyk 3.5
    Elven Hound (Races of the Wild pg 189)

BTW, I don't need an entire archetype written up. I just need the animal (magical beast) starting stats.
    Last edited by Oryan77; 2013-06-14 at 01:40 PM.

22. - Top - End - #682
    Dwarf in the Playground

R.917

Here are several 2e Planescape spells that I would like to see converted to 3.5 rules if anyone wants to tackle these:

Original source for the following spells = Planes of Chaos boxset: Liber Benevolentiae pg 31

Value *created, thanks!
    Spoiler
    Show
    Value

2nd level Wizard Spell
    (Divination)
    Range: 0
    Components: V, S
    Duration: 1 round/level
    Casting Time: 2
    Area of Effect: 1 item/level
    Saving Throw: None

Similar to the identify spell, this spell appraises the monetary value of a nonmagical item, with the chance of an accurate appraisal equal to 15% per level of the caster. The maximum chance for success is 90%; a percentile dice roll of 91-95 gives no result, and a result of 96-00 gives a false value (higher or lower, to be determined by the DM).
    The spell not only determines the value of the item as a whole, not just its component parts. A copy of "The Lady of Pain's Daily Journal" (if such a tome existed) would, with a successful casting, be determined to be incredibly valuable despite it being made up of the same basic materials as any other book in the Cage.
    Also, the spell can determine the potential worth of raw materials, though only with a 10% chance of success per level. For example, the potential value of an uncut gem - cut and mounted properly - is revealed with a successful die roll. Note that the spell does not reveal the best method to bring out the material's potential, just the best possible value of the item if it is so treated. A caster with a nonweapon proficiency related to the material subject to the spell can add a +5% bonus to the spell's chance for success. If a 5th-level caster were casting the value spell on the uncut gem, his chance of success normally would be 50%. If the caster had the gemcutting nonweapon proficiency, his chance of success would increase to 55%. Note that only one such bonus can apply to any one material.

Original source for the following spells = Guide to the Astral Plane pg 60-62

Conduit Pierce
    Spoiler
    Show
    Conduit Pierce

5th level Wizard Spell
    (Alteration)
    Range: 30 yds. +1 yd./level
    Components: V, S, M
    Duration: Instantaneous
    Casting Time: 5
    Area of Effect: Special
    Saving Throw: Negates

This spell is most easily used on the Astral, although it works on planar conduits as well. It was developed by the githyanki, but humans, tieflings, and other races eventually learned its secrets.
    The spell essentially breaks into the interdimensional connection of a conduit in order to reach an individual traveling through the conduit. The caster must be waiting by a conduit and able to see and touch it (a dangerous proposition, considering that conduits whip and writhe wildly). A detect invisibility spell is required to see a planar conduit, while astral conduits are plainly viewed in their plane. When the caster sees the tell-tale signs of a traveler using a conduit (it begins to thrum lightly as it flails even more wildly), an initiative roll is made. Only if the caster casting conduit pierce succeeds in winning the initiative can he affect the traveler using the conduit. Once the conduit is pierced, the caster can choose any one of the following effects.

* Spell Theft: If the traveler is a wizard, the caster can steal any one of her spells. The spell is chosen by the caster, and he gains it as though he has memorized the spell himself, even if it would exceed his normal allotted number of spells. The caster must be of an appropriate level (and school, if specialized) to cast the spell, however. The traveler loses the spell as though she cast it and may not even realize what happened. A saving throw is allowed to see if the traveler can resist the effect of the spell, and an Intelligence check at a -3 penalty is required to ascertain what happened during transit.

* Life Theft: This effect drains the traveler of 2d10 hit points and transfers them to the caster in a necromantic fashion. These hit points can be used only to heal the caster, replacing lost hit points. It is impossible for the caster to reach a hit point total higher than his maximum through the use of this spell. Again, the traveler gains a saving throw to resist the effect and an Intelligence check at a -3 penalty to correctly determine what happened.

* Conduit Breach: This is the most dramatic use of the conduit pierce spell. The caster uses the spell to tear a temporary hole in the conduit, bringing the traveler to the point where the caster is rather than her original destination at the terminus of the conduit. Travelers failing their saving throws arrive slightly disoriented (-2 penalty to surprise), but completely capable of taking out their displeasure upon the caster. Casters attempting to make such a brazen abduction should be prepared. The breach in the conduit closes instantaneously, so there is no chance that the traveler can return. Travelers who make their saving throws arrive at the end of the conduit normally and can attempt an Intelligence check at a -3 penalty to recognize what almost happened to them.

It is important to remember that the traveler cannot act while in a conduit. For the traveler, everything happens too quickly to respond. Even if she realizes what happened, it will not be until her journey is complete.
    Many regard this spell to be wholly evil in its application and refuse to use it. The material component is a knife made of silver, worth at least 100 gp, which the caster must use to physically pierce the conduit. When the knife strikes the surface of the conduit, the spell activates and consumes the knife.

Detect Illithid *created, thanks!
    Spoiler
    Show
    Detect Illithid

1st level Wizard Spell
    (Divination)
    Range: 0
    Duration: 2 turns/level
    Casting Time: 1
    Area of Effect: 100' radius

This uniquely githyanki spell alerts the caster to the presence of illithids within 100 feet of his person. The exact number of mind flayers and their positions are known to him if they are within the radius.
    This spell was developed to aid illithid-hunting githyanki as they navigate the underground tunnels where the mind flayers make their lairs. Although its area of effect is small, its duration makes it a worthwhile spell. However, this spell is blocked by one foot of solid stone, one yard of wood or loose earth, or one inch of solid metal. The material component is a bit of illithid flesh or bone.

Out of Time's Grip *created, thanks!
    Spoiler
    Show
    Out of Time's Grip

4th level Wizard Spell
    (Alteration)
    Duration: 1 hour/level
    Casting Time: 4
    Area of Effect: 1 creature

Time does not actually pass on the Astral Plane, but it catches up with an individual once she leaves. This spell was created by the githyanki to enable them to leave the Astral for short periods without feeling the effects of the time that they’ve cheated. For the duration of the spell, the recipient can operate freely on any plane without worrying about retroactive aging for the time she spent on the Astral. If she stays off the Astral longer than the duration, time immediately catches up with her and she instantly ages all the time that she spent on the Astral, as normal. A successful casting of dispel magic will cause the spell’s effect to stop.

Probe Spellshadow
    Spoiler
    Show
    Probe Spellshadow

3rd level Wizard Spell
    (Divination)
    Range: Special
    Duration: Special
    Casting Time: 3

There are two uses of this spell, detection and dissection. Both deal with spellshadows, described on page 21 in the Guide to the Astral Plane in the chapter called “Spellwarp: Astral Magic.”
    The detection ability leads the caster, upon finishing the spell, to the location on the Astral Plane of a particular spellshadow known to the caster. For the spellshadow to be “known,” the caster must be aware of the original caster of the spell that created the shadow, or the exact place and
    time when such a spell was cast. The spell lasts until the caster arrives at the spot, although if he pauses for more than an hour while traveling to the location or if he stops more than ten hours away from the location, the probe
    spellshadow spell is ruined.
    Once at the site, the caster can use the proficiency read spellshadow to glean information from the shadow, or he can cast probe spellshadow again to dissect the shadow, giving him a chance to learn the spell (see the Intelligence table in the PHB for the percentage chance to learn the spell) and add it to his repertoire. This dissection gives the caster all
    the basics of the spell, but he must then meditate on these factors for a week per level of the spell before he can put them all together well enough to write the spell in his spell book. Obviously, only wizard spells (not including those from opposition schools or above the wizard‘s spell level) can be
    learned by the wizard, although any spell can be detected and read.
    In any event, a spellshadow fades ld4 hours after it has been disturbed - that is, probed or read in any way (even just detecting it will cause it to fade, although the shadow doesn’t fade until ld4 hours after the spell completely ends).
    Spellshadows were almost certainly discovered by the githyanki, who developed this spell. Nevertheless, the information has leaked out to a few bloods on the planes. Only one in a thousand spellcasters knows the dark of them, though, so the knowledge is very rare, and therefore, very valuable.

The Clutches of Time
    Spoiler
    Show
    The Clutches of Time

5th level Wizard Spell
    (Alteration)
    Area of Effect: 1 creature

This spell is intended to be cast on the Astral, although it would affect an individual under the effects of the Out of Time’s Grip spell. Essentially, it summons just enough temporal energy from another plane to have time’s effects catch up with a recipient who has been “cheating” time by staying on the Astral Plane. For some, this spell will be a minor hindrance, but for those who’ve spent many years, decades or even centuries there, this spell can be instantly lethal.

Original source for the following spells = Guide to the Etheral Plane pg 37-40

Corporeality, Greater
    Spoiler
    Show
    Corporeality, Greater

7th level Wizard Spell
    (Alteration)
    Casting Time: 7

Greater corporeality, forces an ethereal creature or object (of up to 150 pounds per level of the caster) out of the Ethereal if it fails its saving throw (with a -4 penalty) against this effect. Affected creatures simply “drop” onto the adjoining plane if the caster casts
    this spell upon the Border. If cast on an object in the Deep, the target is flung into a random area of the color curtain and dropped onto its adjoining plane. When greater corporeality is cast upon creatures that are normally ethereal - such as ghosts or thought eaters - they are unable to reenter the Ethereal for 1d4 turns and may incur additional penalties due to their temporary corporeal status, at the DM’s discretion.
    The material components for this spell include a vial of mist and a pinch of powdered quartz.

Dissipate
    Spoiler
    Show
    Dissipate

6th level Wizard Spell
    (Alteration)
    Range: 10 yards/level
    Duration: 1 round/2 levels
    Casting Time: 6
    Area of Effect: 1 target
    Saving Throw: Special

This spell is only effective when cast upon the Ethereal Plane. When dissipate is cast upon a target, the victim’s body actually begins to boil away as if it were composed of ephemeral ether. For every round dissipate lasts (1 round for every 2 levels of the caster), the victim’s body loses coherency at a rate of 3d4 hit points per round. A victim reduced to 0 hit points permanently dissipates, merging completely with the surrounding mists-though a wish spell can reform the victim. Even if a target survives the effects of this spell, he loses 1d4 hit points permanently (restoration or wish can return these lost hit points). Victims who permanently lose more than 25% of their maximum hit points also lose a randomly rolled limb (assign ld4 to arms and legs), and they must make a system shock roll to survive the trauma.
    A target who makes his saving throw still loses 1d4 points of damage per round while the spell lasts, but he doesn’t incur any permanent hit point loss. If cast on an inanimate object, the target object must make an item saving throw (with a -2 penalty) against acid. Objects that are successful remain unharmed, but objects that fail lose 5% of their total mass for each round dissipate lasts. Items that lose more than 50% of their total mass are eroded beyond repair - though objects and structures may fare better at the DM’s discretion.
    The caster must concentrate to keep the spell active. If he suffers any damage or is interrupted in any way, the spell ends.
    The material components for this spell include a miniature teapot and a dash of sea salt.

Etherealness, Greater
    Spoiler
    Show
    Etherealness, Greater

7th level Wizard Spell
    (Alteration)
    Casting Time: 7

Like lesser etherealness, the greater etherealness spell allows the caster and a specific amount of additional weight to enter the Border Ethereal. The spellcaster is able to transfer a maximum weight of 1,000 pounds, plus an additional 150 pounds for each level of experience above the 16th (a 20th level caster can transfer 1,600 pounds, including herself, onto the Border Ethereal). Unwilling travelers receive saving throws that negate the effect if successful. Casting this spell on the Astral Plane, any of the Outer Planes, or on any other plane not “surrounded” by the Border Ethereal causes it to fail.
    The caster and other travelers and/or objects transferred are subject to the standard conditions of the Border and Deep Ethereal. Creatures that accompany the caster are not bound to remain with her once they’ve transferred onto the Border.
    Unlike lesser etherealness, greater etherealness is permanent for each creature or object it transfers onto the Ethereal - until the caster or other travelers desire to leave, or until some other force outside a traveler’s control prematurely pulls her out of an ethereal state. At any time after transferring onto the Ethereal, a traveler using this spell simply concentrates to reenter a bordering plane. Once a traveler leaves the Ethereal, the spell ends; she must use another spell, item, or effect to enter the Waveless Sea.
    The material components for this spell include a vial of mist and a pinch of powdered quartz.

Etheralness, Lesser
    Spoiler
    Show
    Etheralness, Lesser

5th level Wizard Spell
    (Alteration)
    Duration: 3 turns/level

When this spell is cast, the caster and up to three other travelers (or up to 1,000 lbs., whichever is lowest) fade back into the area of the Border Ethereal surrounding the plane on which the spell was cast. Creatures unwilling to accompany the caster onto the Border receive a saving throw,
    negating the effect if successful. If the Border Ethereal doesn’t touch the plane upon which this spell is cast - like the Astral and any of the Outer Planes - lesser etherealness fails to function, and the wizard loses it from her memory.
    Once on the Ethereal Plane, the caster and any other travelers are subject to the conditions of the Ethereal Plane regardless of whether they travel into the Deep or remain upon the Border. Individuals who accompany the caster are not bound to remain with her once they’ve transferred onto the Border.
    When the duration expires (or etherealness lapses through other means), all travelers “drop” back onto the bordering plane in a location analogous to the distance they have traveled (if any) while upon the Border. If etherealness ends for travelers in the Deep, they are immediately flung onto a randomly rolled plane.

Lob
    Spoiler
    Show
    Lob

3rd level Wizard Spell
    (Alteration)
    Range: 30 yards + 10 yards/level
    Casting Time: 3
    Area of Effect: 10-foot radius
    Saving Throw: Special

Lob is only effective if cast upon the Ethereal Plane. Upon casting lob, the caster releases a powerful wave of possibility that imparts terrific velocity to all objects within the area of effect. Both Border and Deep Ethereal targets are flung headlong into the limitless tracts of the Deep Ethereal and removed from known routes and planes. Affected creatures must spend an additional 1d100 days to reach a specified goal, while objects are likely lost forevermore, Even if a target makes his saving throw, the spell still flings him 3d100 feet in a random direction away from the spellcaster.
    This spell is ideal for removing enemies from an area of conflict, but some spellcasters have cast this spell upon themselves in order to explore portions of the Deep Ethereal never before plumbed. Most such explorers are never seen again.
    The material components of this spell include a sling and a pellet of solid ether.
    Last edited by Oryan77; 2013-06-26 at 09:04 PM.

23. - Top - End - #683
    Troll in the Playground

PirateGirl

Quote Originally Posted by LordErebus12 View Post
    R - 915

5 level PrC that turns you into a giant tropical frog. Gain contact poison, long tongue for combat, webbed feet, jump and spot bonuses, etc.
    C. 915.

I think that would be a template rather than a Prestige Class.

C. 916

For 3.5 Planescape spells, look here: http://geocities.bootstrike.com/Plan...-Magic/FB4.htm

Debby
    Last edited by Debihuman; 2013-06-24 at 06:12 PM.

24. - Top - End - #684
    Dwarf in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Debihuman View Post
    C. 916

For 3.5 Planescape spells, look here: http://geocities.bootstrike.com/Plan...-Magic/FB4.htm
    Thanks, but I have already used that site for most of my conversions and the remaining ones I need do not appear there. But thanks for doing a search anyway!

25. - Top - End - #685
    Dwarf in the Playground

SwashbucklerGuy

R918: I'm seeking more brainstorming than an actual homebrew, though a skeleton would be good to jump from, for class features for a class built around action points. All of the class's features should be enhanced or fueled by action points.

I'm already thinking about using the Ranger chassis (d8 Hit Die, full BAB, Good Fort & Ref save, 6+Int skills, etc), and rolling from there. Any assistance is greatly appreciated!
    Last edited by Xaotiq1; 2013-06-26 at 06:48 AM.
    "Bender knows love, and love doesn't share itself with the world. Love is suspicious, love is needy. Love is fearful, love is greedy. My friends, there is no great love without great jealousy!"- Bender Bending Rodriguez

26. - Top - End - #686
    Troll in the Playground

PirateGirl

H. 917

Value should work exactly like identify spell but on non-magical items, no chance of failure (that's just using the appraise skill now isn't it?)

Value
    Divination
    Bard 1, Sor/Wiz 2
    Casting Time: 2 rounds
    Target: 1 or more items touched (See text)
    Spell Resistances: No

Similar to the identify spell, this spell appraises the monetary value of a single nonmagical item. If the spellcaster also has the Appraise skill, the spellcaster can use this spell on more than one item (1 additional item for every 2 points of Appraise the spellcaster has to a maximum of 10 items).

Conduit Breach is now separate spells for each effect: See Precipitous Breach in Planar Handbook. Spell Theft is a spell from Complete Scoundrel and Channelled Lifetheft from Complete Mage.

Detect Illithid
    Divination
    Sor/Wiz 1
    Range: Personal
    Duration: 10 minutes/caster level
    Casting Time: 1 round
    Area of Effect: 100-foot radius
    Spell Resistance: No

Text is unchanged.

Out of Time's Grip
    Necromancy
    Clr 4, Sor/Wiz 4
    Duration: 1 hour/level
    Casting Time: 4 rounds
    Area of Effect: 1 creature touched
    Spell Resistance: No

Text is unchanged. Note that there are creatures that do not age (see Timeless Body) Note: Age, hunger, thirst, poison, and natural healing don't function in the Astral Plane, though they resume functioning when the traveler leaves the Astral Plane. If you say that the plane is timeless but the effects catch up to you once you leave, then this spell is useful. Otherwise, it's not really necessary.

Sorry that's all I have time for today.

Debby
    Last edited by Debihuman; 2013-06-26 at 05:55 AM.

27. - Top - End - #687
    Dwarf in the Playground

R. 919 can someone make me a template based on the shade but that worships selune rather then shar. (if you know anything about the forgotten realms setting you should know what theses are) please and thank you.
    Last edited by Noxsis; 2013-06-27 at 02:53 PM.
    only darkness is truly eternal

credit for avatar goes to vrythas

28. - Top - End - #688
    Dwarf in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Debihuman View Post
    H. 917

Conduit Breach is now separate spells for each effect: See Precipitous Breach in Planar Handbook. Spell Theft is a spell from Complete Scoundrel and Channelled Lifetheft from Complete Mage.
    C. 917

Thanks so much for the spells you did so far.

In regards to Conduit Pierce, nice catch on those separate spells. I'm wondering though, would it make sense to still write those spells into a Conduit Pierce spell rather than keeping them separate? Conduit Pierce specifically targets a planar conduit, and those spells by themselves would not technically allow a caster to target a conduit on their own.

So I'm thinking the Conduit Pierce spell just allows a caster to use one of those other 5th levels spells on a conduit as a swift action, which you would not otherwise be able to do (since you can't target a person within a conduit because they travel so fast within it). Is that correct? Or does that seem like a complete waste of a spell?

That's what the Conduit Pierce spell seems to indicate to me anyway.
    Last edited by Oryan77; 2013-06-27 at 03:53 PM.

29. - Top - End - #689
    Orc in the Playground

R.920
    I need help working on my Bentley Sly Cooper class. I find that I am absolutely terrible at making classes, and this class needs a lot of work. Any help is appreciated. I've already started the skeleton of it and stated what most of the abilities do(non mechanically of course). Now I just need it fleshed out.
    If you are going to shorten my name go with "Akaz" instead of "Aka" its less confusing.
    Also I may End up Capatalizing the BEginning of words, or mispelleing them interly.
    Think nothing of it, I just REALLY suck at typing.(Those examples were on purpose, though.)
    My Homebrews
    Homebrew Table Tutorial

30. - Top - End - #690
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by ngilop View Post
    R908

I am looking for a Egyptian themed Prc for a 'paladin' of Ra. Id like the requirements to be divine grace and 2nd level divine spells, as the character in question is going to be going paladin 2/ then into oracle.
    I want the PrC to be more around the theme of supportive buffs in abilities, and id either like it to give full or near full casting progression or maybe its own spells ala ur-priest.

im thinking something along the lines of liek the warpriest where I get haste and heroism or other such supportive buffs X a day

also C907 that is awesome!
    Still looking for somebody to create this PrC. also i just noticed I said oracle.. but I meant favored soul...