New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 24 of 50 FirstFirst ... 14151617181920212223242526272829303132333449 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #691
    Troll in the Playground

Default Re: Request a Homebrew: Thread 2!

R. 921

I need a CR 12 Monstrous Humanoid with swim and fly speeds (at least good maneuverability) and the ability to breathe underwater. Preferably something that can be of any alignment, but anything that isn't forced into good or evil is fine.

It should be Large, but doesn't absolutely have to be. Spell Resistance and at-will Dispel Magic are a must.

It should have decent-high Charisma, with any applicable abilities being Charisma-based.
    Last edited by Debatra; 2013-08-08 at 01:50 PM.
    Kaedanis Pyran, tai faernae.

The LA Assignment Threads: Attempting to Make Monsters Playable Since 2016

My Homebrewer's Extended Signature
    Spoiler: Quotes
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Lycan 01 View Post
    Roland just endorsed a crack pairing?

Did... did we break the universe?
    Quote Originally Posted by SassyQuatch View Post
    It is a major flaw in the game. Destroy a moon? Sure. Talk to somebody a hundred miles away, that's going to be difficult.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rizban View Post
    Realistically speaking... D&D style magic doesn't exist, so... let's ignore reality.

2. - Top - End - #692
    Troll in the Playground

PirateGirl

C. 921

If it doesn't need to breathe, you are looking at either a Construct or an Elemental since you specifically said that you didn't want an Undead. Do you have a preference?

I have the idea of a Spume Elemental (polluted water meets air idea) as it could both swim and fly. I'm re-skinning an Air elemental to give it a swim speed and adding SR and dispel magic as you'd like. Shouldn't be too hard but I may not have it for a couple of days.

Debby
    P.E.A.C.H. Please Evaluate And Critique Honestly. Being nicer and kinder doesn't hurt either. Note I generally only critique 3.5 and Pathfinder material.
    Please, please, please when using non-core material, cite to the books. There are too many books to wade through to find the one with the feat, special ability or spell you use.
    my creations in homebrew signature thread

3. - Top - End - #693
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Debihuman View Post
    C. 915.

I think that would be a template rather than a Prestige Class.

Debby
    Still, i'd think it could work as an actual PrC.

Spoiler
    Show
    Belladonis Campaign Setting 3.5
    Casting as a Skill

Learn from your mistakes, 3.5...
    Fill in those dead levels...

Abrothia's Vision
    Spoiler
    Show

Welcome to the World Serpent Inn!
    Spoiler
    Show

- - - IC - - - OOC - - -

Extended Signature (90% complete)

4. - Top - End - #694
    Troll in the Playground

smile Re: Request a Homebrew: Thread 2!

C. 921

If it doesn't need to breathe, you are looking at either a Construct or an Elemental since you specifically said that you didn't want an Undead. Do you have a preference?

I have the idea of a Spume Elemental (polluted water meets air idea) as it could both swim and fly. I'm re-skinning an Air elemental to give it a swim speed and adding SR and dispel magic as you'd like. Shouldn't be too hard but I may not have it for a couple of days.

Debby
    C. 921

Right. Didn't think about that. Not needing to breathe isn't critical; though I suppose being able to breathe underwater is. I like the Elemental idea, but a bit more thought tells me Monstrous Humanoid would probably be best. I leave that decision to you.

Also, take your time.
    Kaedanis Pyran, tai faernae.

The LA Assignment Threads: Attempting to Make Monsters Playable Since 2016

My Homebrewer's Extended Signature
    Spoiler: Quotes
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Lycan 01 View Post
    Roland just endorsed a crack pairing?

Did... did we break the universe?
    Quote Originally Posted by SassyQuatch View Post
    It is a major flaw in the game. Destroy a moon? Sure. Talk to somebody a hundred miles away, that's going to be difficult.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rizban View Post
    Realistically speaking... D&D style magic doesn't exist, so... let's ignore reality.

5. - Top - End - #695
    Bugbear in the Playground

H921

Seeing as I'm taking this a completely different direction, I don't think this conflicts with Debihuman. I'm not really confident on the CR, but I think it's about right.

Legendary Cormorant

{TABLE]Size/Type:|Large Magical Beast
    Hit Dice:|30d10+120 (270 hp)
    Initiative:|+16
    Speed:|30 ft (6 squares), fly 90ft(Good), swim 60ft
    Armor Class:|29 (-1 size,+12 dex, +5 natural, +3 luck), touch 24, flat-footed 17
    Base Attack/Grapple:|+30/+36
    Attack:|claw +41 melee (2d6+2)
    Full Attack:|2 claws +41 melee (2d6+2) and beak +39 melee (1d8+1 plus curse)
    Space/Reach:|10ft/5ft
    Special Attacks:|Stoop, Improved grab, Curse
    Special Qualities:|Bend Luck, Hold Breath, Spell Resistance 15, Plane Shift (self and passengers only)
    Saves:|Fort +21, Ref +29, Will +16
    Abilities:| Str 14, Dex 35, Con 18, Int 11, Wis 18, Cha 26
    Skills:|Listen +6, Spot +39, Swim +43
    Feats:|alertness, dodge, hover, flyby attack, improved flyby attack, improved initiative, iron will, mobility, multiattack, weapon finesse, wingover,
    Environment:|coastlines
    Organization:|solitary
    Challenge Rating:|12
    Treasure:|none
    Alignment:|usually neutral
    Advancement:|-
    Level Adjustment:|-
    [/TABLE]

Stoop
    When a legendary cormorant charges downward, it may attack with both claws.

Improved grab
    When a legendary cormorant hits a smaller creature with an attack, or an equal size creature with both claws, it may immediately begin grapple with no attack of opportunity.

Curse
    When a legendary cormorant hits with its beak, it may immediately bestow a curse as if by the Bestow Curse spell. The save dc is charisma based.

Bend Luck
    A legendary cormorant may alter the luck of other creatures. Over the course of each day, it has 30 luck points to bestow, each of which grant a +/- 1 luck modifier to all attacks, saves and skill checks of the effected creature for the next hour. No single creature can receive more than a +/- 5 modifier. The legendary cormorant may bestow multiple luck points at once (either on the same or different creatures). The bestowal is a standard action requiring line of sight. A dc 38 will save negates. The save is cha based.

Hold Breath
    A legendary cormorant can go 1 hour without breathing.

Plane Shift (self and passengers only)
    Twice a day, a legendary cormorant can use Plane Shift (as the spell) for itself and beings it is carrying (either in its claws or on its back). The save dc, if relevant, is cha based.

Language
    Legendary cormorants can speak common, auran, aquan, celestial, abyssal and infernal, but rarely choose to do so. Thanks to their languages and plane shift ability, they sometimes carry messages among outsiders, the dead, and the living, but generally for a high price.

Skills
    A Legendary Cormorant has a +8 racial bonus on Swim checks. It can take 10 on swim checks even when rushed or threatened.

6. - Top - End - #696
    Dwarf in the Playground

C. 921

C. 921

You can simply give the creature the Breathless quality that Air Genasi have. They are Native Outsiders. That quality should be fine for a Magical Beast.

7. - Top - End - #697
    Troll in the Playground

PirateGirl

C. 921 Your homebrewed legendary cormorant has way too many hit dice and high saves to be CR 12. It's hard to judge because it is outside the parameters of Vorpal Tribble’s CR estimator but it looks to be CR 16 not CR 12.

boring explanation below
    Spoiler
    Show

#1. Divide creature's average HP by 4.5 to 6.5.
    4.5 for 5 HD or lower, 5 for 6-10 HD, 5.5 for 11-15 HD, 6 for 16-20 HD., 6.5 for 20-25 HD.

270/6.5=41

#2. Add 1 for each five points above 10 its AC is, subtracting 1 for every 5 below.

#3. Add 1 for each special attack (+2 to +5 or more if it has a decent number of spells in its spell-like abilities).

#4. Add 1 for each quality unless you deem it worthy of more. Add 1 for each resistance and 10 points of DR it has, and 2 for each immunity. Subtract 1 for each vulnerability.

#5. Add 1 for every two bonus feats it has.

#6. Divide total by 3. This should be its rough CR.
    41 +3 +3 +3 +0= 50/3=16

Debby
    Last edited by Debihuman; 2013-06-29 at 04:44 PM.
    P.E.A.C.H. Please Evaluate And Critique Honestly. Being nicer and kinder doesn't hurt either. Note I generally only critique 3.5 and Pathfinder material.
    Please, please, please when using non-core material, cite to the books. There are too many books to wade through to find the one with the feat, special ability or spell you use.

8. - Top - End - #698
    Barbarian in the Playground

R. 922

I've got a half-vampire character I'd like to play in a campaign. What I don't have is a fun class to go along with it. Seeing as the ppor girl will have the blood drain and blood addiction portions, I thought some flavor of Hemomancer would be in order. However I can't find any that I particularly enjoy. Preferably I'd like something that sits on a Soulknife or improved Soulknife chassis that creates its weapons from blood and has a few blood related powers to play around with. I would greatly appreciate ANYONE more creative than I to take a crack at this.
    Current Sexy Reya Dawnbringer avatar by Edwin, thanks for the awesomeness.

"Come with me, and we'll be...
    In a world of total annihilation." .....Itnetlolor of Bay12 forums

9. - Top - End - #699

C921

Hmm. I tried to get the CR by being about 2 levels tougher than the CR 10 legendary tiger which comes out at CR 17 by that formula. Not sure if legendary tigers are terribly under-CRed or the formula doesn't scale well.

10. - Top - End - #700
    Troll in the Playground

PirateGirl

Quote Originally Posted by dspeyer View Post
    C921

Hmm. I tried to get the CR by being about 2 levels tougher than the CR 10 legendary tiger which comes out at CR 17 by that formula. Not sure if legendary tigers are terribly under-CRed or the formula doesn't scale well.
    Actually it doesn't

Legendary creatures are 3.0 so you have update them to 3.5 for them to make sense. The problem with them is that they have a lot of hit points but nothing else. It should have been a template and explained, but it wasn't.

I think the CR is artificially low because normal animals don't have supernatural abilities. Theyre just relying on brawn, which makes them pretty easy to defeat once you can hit them from a distance. As a result, the creature's CR is actually lower than the formula would indicate. Note the formula isn't foolproof and it is just an estimator.

Why did you use Legendary Creature as a comparison? It was a very bad choice. You should look at other magical beasts with CR 12 for a comparison. Especially since your creature has supernatural abilities which legendary creatures do not.

Debby
    Last edited by Debihuman; 2013-07-01 at 12:45 PM.

11. - Top - End - #701

C921

I've run a bunch of numbers and you're right.

I should probably write up the numbers and add them to monster builder. They were interesting. Maybe I should redo the cormorant, too.

As for why the other legendary animals, that's what it conceptually is: a real-world cormorant exaggerated. I threw in a few cormorant-related legends from various cultures, but I don't think they were very powerful (well, bestow curse is, but it's to make up for having no damage to speak of).

12. - Top - End - #702
    Orc in the Playground

R.923

I need a PF prestige class based around the weapon finess feat, replacements for bardic music,and the acrobatics skill, entry level around 6-8 preferably

designed for a bard who wants to branch out into a more combat-ish role while remaining somewhat suportive
    Last edited by Stake A Vamp; 2013-07-02 at 03:11 AM.
    my AMAZINF avatar by ceika

13. - Top - End - #703
    Ogre in the Playground

C 915

That sounds hilarious and I would like to volunteer.

What level of entry do you want, what role do you want it to fill (tank, harass, buff, assassin), do you want magic (and if so, how much?), and what flavor would you like it tied to?

I'm considering a cursed monk/fighter PrC making use of combat techniques, an assassin with on-hit save-or-sucks, or a druid PrC that wildshapes and summons frogs.
    All work I do is CC-BY-SA. Copy it wherever you want as long as you credit me.

14. - Top - End - #704
    Troll in the Playground

PirateGirl

R. 924

Anyone up for statting up a creature based on the Onion's article: http://www.theonion.com/articles/fos...3020/?ref=auto?

Spazosaurus just is too funny not to be converted.

Debby
    Last edited by Debihuman; 2013-07-02 at 02:40 PM.

15. - Top - End - #705

C. 924

I'll give this a go.

"He who fights monsters should see to it that he himself does not become a monster. And if you gaze for long into an abyss, the abyss gazes also into you."
    — Friedrich Nietzsche

View my newest homebrew (feedback is greatly appreciate):
    The Vile speaker-http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showt...-PEACH-welcome

16. - Top - End - #706
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Stake A Vamp View Post
    R.923

I need a PF prestige class based around the weapon finess feat, replacements for bardic music,and the acrobatics skill, entry level around 6-8 preferably

designed for a bard who wants to branch out into a more combat-ish role while remaining somewhat suportive
    C. 923
    Well, I am a homebrew god right? Surely I can come up with something
    Come post a magic item to show that not all unique items are immensely powerful tools of the gods!
    Jester of The Rudisplorkers Guild!!

My cool avatar by Kymme
    My homebrew

Quote Originally Posted by Xuldarinar View Post
    ..What have I done..? What have you done? That poor lantern archon..

trophies
    The photo got removed, but I'm a silver trophy winner of Pathfinder Grab Bag XII: of Dungeons and Dragons

17. - Top - End - #707
    Orc in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by inuyasha View Post
    C. 923
    Well, I am a homebrew god right? Surely I can come up with something
    thank you, though technically you did not complete the trials.
    high priest of homebrew
    my AMAZINF avatar by ceika

18. - Top - End - #708
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Stake A Vamp View Post
    thank you, though technically you did not complete the trials.
    high priest of homebrew
    yeah, I wanna re-do it from scratch soon, or else I wont be able to (Doctor stuff is getting in the way, so re=send it soon Im getting surgery just incase you wanted to ask )
    Come post a magic item to show that not all unique items are immensely powerful tools of the gods!
    Jester of The Rudisplorkers Guild!!

My cool avatar by Kymme
    My homebrew

Quote Originally Posted by Xuldarinar View Post
    ..What have I done..? What have you done? That poor lantern archon..

trophies
    The photo got removed, but I'm a silver trophy winner of Pathfinder Grab Bag XII: of Dungeons and Dragons

19. - Top - End - #709

Spazosaurus.

Huge animal
    HD: 5d8-3 (19 hp)
    Speed: 30 ft. (6 squares)
    Initiative: -3
    Armor Class: 6 (-4 Dex, -2 size, +2 natural)touch: 4 flat-footed: 6
    Base Attack/Grapple: +3/+7
    Standard attack: slam-2 (1d8--4)
    Full-Attack: slam-2 (1d8--4)
    Space/Reach: 15 ft/ 15 ft
    Special Attacks: -
    Special Qualities: unstable, laughter inducing
    Saves Fort +4 Ref +4 Will +1
    Abilities Str 4, Dex 4, Con 5, Int 1, Wis 1, Cha 6
    Skills: -
    Feats: -
    Environment: Forests, plain
    Organization: solitary, pair
    Challenge Rating: 2
    Treasure:-
    Alignment: Usually neutral
    Advancement: 6-10 (Huge), 11-15 (Gargantuan), 16-20 (Gargantuan)
    Level Adjustment: Don't even go there

Description:
    Lumbering towards you is a bipedal, stooped over dinosaur that looks like it could fall over at any moment. As it shuffles forwards it takes you all you're strength to not burst out in laughter at its comical movement.

Combat:

Unstable (Ex):

After after every attack a Spazosaurus makes it must make a reflex save (DC 18) to avoid over balancing and falling over. If it fails its reflex save the DM should roll om the scatter table to see wich direction the Spazosaurus falls in. All creature with in 15 by 15 feet of the Spazosaurus take 1d6 (DC 9 reflex half). The Spazosaurus must make a DC 18 strength check to get up from prone.

laughter inducing (Ex):

When ever the Spazosaurus moves or attacks all creature with line of sight to the Spazosaurus must make a will save (DC 10), or be stunned for one round as they start to laught uncontrollable at the hilarious movements of the Spazosaurus.
    Last edited by smoke prism; 2013-07-05 at 06:57 AM.

"He who fights monsters should see to it that he himself does not become a monster. And if you gaze for long into an abyss, the abyss gazes also into you."
    — Friedrich Nietzsche

20. - Top - End - #710
    Titan in the Playground

C924
    Laughter inducing is pretty powerful, mostly because Stunned involves dropping items held.

Unstable is HIGHLY lethal, even at levels four times the CR. Granted it doesn't squash very often, due to the saving throw (needs a 14 or better to save) and scatter table.

I'd up the strength, hit-dice, and CR. Probably drop the Dex to 1 though...
    [Public Service Announcement]P.E.A.C.H stands for Please Examine And Critique Honestly[/Public Service Announcement]
    Currently Running: Equestria Begins (A High Tactics campaign)
    Extended Signature
    My Homebrew is meant to be used, but, if you do, PLEASE tell me how it goes.

21. - Top - End - #711

C924

@ DracoDei
    I've take what you said into consideration, and I've desided to lower the fall damage to 1d6 to show that it can't even fall on people properly (and I didn't what to up it's CR).

— Friedrich Nietzsche

22. - Top - End - #712
    Dwarf in the Playground

SwashbucklerGuy

Good GRAVY, I'm sorry Agrippa! Hope you got my message! Here you are. One martial discipline based on Abyssal archery charms from Exalted! Now I am bad at fluff, so you'll need to come up with that on your own, sorry for that AND the time you spent waiting.

PS: I hope the name suits you better than Vile Shaft.

DEVIL'S FLIGHT

Associated Skill: Sleight of Hand
    Discipline Weapons: Bow (All), Crossbow (All), Sling, all melee weapons that can also be thrown.

Maneuver List:

1st Level: Aid of Ill Wind (Stance): Increases the range of your attacks.
    Overwhelming Devil's Flight (Boost): Add +1d6 to any attack roll made with a ranged weapon
    Splinter of the void (Strike): Ranged attack may inflict various status ailments based on skill ranks.

2nd Level:Doom Drawn and Imminent (Boost): Opponents w/in your range increment is stricken with fear.
    Withering Feathered Maelstrom (Strike) Make additional ranged attacks based on a Sleight of hand roll. All attacks suffer a -2 penalty.

3rd Level: Arrowhawk Seizes Lemure (Stance): You do not provoke AoO's when using a ranged weapon. You may threaten foe's up to 10' away from you with a ranged weapon.
    Banished Bow Arsenal (Counter): Initiator may draw and fire concealed weapon as a swift action.
    Iron Sleet Attack (Strike): Attack deals cold damage; and may also deal Dexterity damage.

4th Level: Lightning Clutch of the Raptor (Counter): Deflect ranged attacks or remove yourself from an AoE. May redirect ranged attacks.
    Piercing Ghost Barb (Strike): Ranged attack resolved as a force touch attack.
    Relic Arrow Method (Strike): You create arrows that deal cold and negative energy damage.

5th Level: Five Birds One Stone (Strike): Your ranged attack strikes multiple opponents.
    Pulse of the Prey (Strike): Take 20 on a single ranged attack roll as a full round action.
    Ravening Devil Mouth (Stance): Regain HP and/or heal ability damage from felling foes.

6th Level: Exquisite Relic Bow (Conjuration): Summon a magic bow w/ enhancements based on IL.
    Twisting Spiteful Shaft (Strike): Ranged attack deals damage over multiple rounds.

7th Level: Gasp of Dead Gods (Strike):
    Quiver of Souls (Boost, 7th): As Relic Arrow Method, but attacks have a chance of inflicting negative levels.

8th Level: Elegant Executioner's Stance (Stance): Ranged attacks made w/in the first range increment increase their critical threat range by 2 steps.
    Flawless Archer Discipline (Boost): Ranged attacks are resolved as force touch attacks.
    Triumphant Devil's Flight (Strike): Ranged attack ignores all cover, DR, and hardness.

9th Level: Frozen Prayer Entombment (Strike): Target of your ranged attack may be affected by the Entomb spell (Frostburn, p93).

Maneuver Descriptions:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Aid Of Ill Wind
    Devil's Flight (Stance)
    [Class]: 1
    Prerequisite: None
    Initiation Action: Swift
    Range: Personal
    Target: You
    Duration: Stance

As long as this stance is active, the range increment for all ranged attacks you make is increased by 50%. This increase stacks with the Far Shot feat.

Arrowhawk Seizes Lemure
    Devil's Flight (Stance)
    [Class]: 3

Arrowhawk Seizes Lemure denies opponents attacks of opportunity agianst you when making ranged weapon attacks. It also allows you to threaten attacks of opportunity against foes up to 10' away.

Banished Bow Arsenal
    Devil's Flight (Counter)
    Prerequisite: One Devil's Flight Maneuver
    Target: One ranged weapon
    Saving Throw: None

When you ready this maneuver, choose a number of weapons equal to your [stat] modifier, and make a Slieght of Hand check as if concealing them. When you initiate the maneuver, your opponent must make a spot check opposing your Sleight of hand roll. If the check is lower than your roll, you may draw and attack with the hidden weapon without provoking an AoO. If their check is higher, you provoke an AoO with that action.

Doom Drawn and Imminent
    Devil's Flight (Boost)
    [Class]: 2
    Prerequisite: One Devil's Flight maneuver
    Area: 60ft radius circle
    Duration: See text
    Saving Throw: Will negates

You initiate this maneuver as you draw your weapon. All enemies in the area of effect must make a Will save (DC12+[stat] modifier) or be shaken for 1d3 rounds.

Elegant Executioner Stance
    Devil's Flight (Stance)
    [Class]: 8
    Prerequisite: Two Devil's Flight Maneuvers

While you are in this stance, the critical threat range of any ranged weapon attack you make has its critical threat range increased by two steps. For example, a light crossbow would threaten a critical hit on a 15-20). The effects fo this stance do not stack with other effects that alter a weapon's threat range. This stance's effect applies to attacks made against opponents up to 30ft away.

Exquisite Relic Bow
    Devil's Flight (Special)
    [Class]: 6
    Prerequisite: Three Devil's Flight Maneuvers
    Initiation Action: Standard
    Duration: 1round/IL

As a standard action, you may call into existence a bow or crossbow of any type that you are proficient with. This weapon may have up to 1/2 your IL in enhancement bonuses and/or special abilities a ranged weapon may have. The maximum enhancement bonus to attack and damage is equal to 1/3 your IL.

Five Birds, One Stone
    Devil's Flight (Strike)
    [Class]: 5
    Initiation Action: Full-attack action
    Range: One ranged weapon attack
    Target: See text
    Duration: Instant

As part of a full attack action, make a ranged weapon attack. If the attack hits and damages its initial target, you may roll another attack against an opponent no greater than 30ft from the initial. The initial target cannot be targeted again until the missile hits at least one other target first. You can target up to 5 opponents with this maneuver.

Flawless Archer Discipline
    Devil's Flight (Boost)
    Duration: 1 round

All ranged weapon attacks made until the end of the round in which this maneuver was initiated are resolved as ranged touch attacks. All damage dealt by said attacks deal 1/2 cold and 1/2 force damage.

Frozen Prayer Entombment
    Devil's Flight (Strike)
    [Class]: 9
    Prerequisite: Five Devil's Flight Maneuvers
    Target: One opponent
    Duration: Instant and 1round/IL
    Saving Throw: Fort negates

You initiate this maneuver as part of a standard ranged attack. The air around you drops in temperature rapidly and a rime of ice forms on your ammunition. The opponent that is struck by your attack takes your weapon damage and must make a Fortitude save (DC19+[stat] modifier) or be encased in and dealt an additional 6d6 damage. If the save fails, they begin to suffocate (DMG, 304) and take 2d12 cold damage and 1 Con damage each round. Escape from the ice requires a DC20 Strength check or 20 points of fire damage.

Gasp of Dead Gods
    Devil's Flight (Strike)
    [Class]: 7
    Area: 60ft Cone or 120' line
    Saving Throw: Reflex, half

Your ranged weapon attack becomes a cone or line of icy, black, baleful flame. All opponents caught in the AoE are dealt your weapon damage plus 3 points of cold and 3 points of negative energy damage/2IL's. Opponents are allowed a reflex save (DC17+[stat] modifier) for 1/2 damage.

Iron Sleet Attack
    Devil's Flight (Strike)
    Saving Throw:

As part of this maneuver, you make a single ranged attack against an opponent. In addition to dealing normal weapon damage with the attack, you deal 4 points of Dexterity damage. A successful Fortitude save (DC13+[stat] modifier) halves this Strength damage, but has no effect on the weapon damage you deal with the strike.This maneuver is a supernatural ability

Lightning Clutch of the Raptor
    Devil's Flight (Counter)
    [Class]: 4
    Initiation Action: Immediate
    Target: You.

If your opponent strikes you with a ranged attack on his turn, you can replace your AC with the result of a Sleight of Hand check as an immediate action. You must decide whether to initiate this maneuver before you know the result of your opponent’s attack (but after the attack is declared). Your Sleight of Hand check applies to only one attack. You must be aware of the attack to which you will apply the effect of this maneuver. If you are flat-footed against the incoming attack, you cannot use this maneuver. If your Sleight of hand check beats your opponents attack roll by 5 or more you may redirect the attack to any legal target within the attack's range. You may also use this maneuver in the place of a reflex save versus an area attack. Success means that you, and you alone, are not affected by said attack.

Overwhelming Devil's Flight
    Devil's Flight (Boost)
    Duration: 1 round /IL or until discharged

As a swift action, you channel the keen eyes of abyss-dwellers. On a chosen ranged attack, you add +1d6 to your attack roll. You may discharge this maneuver after seeing the results of that roll. This maneuver cannot be recovered until it has been expended and discharged.

Piercing Ghost Barb
    Devil's Flight (Boost)
    Initiation Action: One ranged attack

As part of a ranged attack, you can initiate this maneuver. Your strike is resolved as a ranged touch attack that deals 1/2 cold and 1/2 force damage.

Pulse of the Prey
    Devil's Flight (Strike)
    Initiation Action: Full-round action
    Range: One ranged attack
    Duration: None

You pull your bow back and close your eyes. You can hear your quarry's blood race through its veins as it scrambles for cover. You release the string and despite the distance, are treated to a satisfying thunk as your arrow hits home.

This maneuver allows you, as a full-attack action, to take 20 on your next ranged attack roll.

Quiver of Souls
    Devil's Flight (Boost)
    [Class]: 7
    Range: Touch
    Duration: 1 round/2IL's

This maneuver functions as Relic Arrow Method (see below), however the duration is longer and each target that is struck by a projectile created via this maneuver must make a Fortitude save (DC17+[stat] modifier) or gain 2 negative levels.

Ravening Devil Mouth
    Devil's Flight (Stance)
    Area:See text

Each time an opponent is brought to 0hp while in your ranged weapons first range increment, you heal damage equal to that opponent's Con modifier. You may also heal ability damage at a rate of one point of ability damage healed for every 4hp.

Relic Arrow Method
    Devil's Flight (Boost)
    Range: Touch
    Duration: 1 minute

Within the duration of this maneuver, you may make ranged attacks with your chosen weapon without using ammunition. You instead create projectiles that deal 2d6+[stat] modifier damage that is 1/2 cold and 1/2 negative energy.

Resurgent Devil's Flight
    Devil's Flight (Counter)
    Initiation Action: Immediate
    Target: One ranged attack roll

If one of your ranged attacks misses, you can initiate this maneuver to reroll that attack roll with a +2 bonus.

Splinter Of the Void
    Devil's Flight (Strike)
    Range: Ranged weapon attack
    Duration: None
    Saving Throw: See text

You channel devilish power into your weapon. The quicker your hand, the more you can steal away to hinder your target. You may imbue your ammunition with any of the following effects as long as you have the requisite number of ranks in Sleight of Hand.

{table=head]Skill Ranks|Special
    4-8|Bloodthirsty Arrow: Add skill ranks to the damage of the ranged weapon attack.
    9-13|Dream-Shattering Spite: Target is affected as if by a Slashing Dispel (PHBII, 125)
    14-18|Hundred Paces Bite: Target must make a Fortitude (Str, Dex, Con) or Will save (Int, Wis, Cha) (DC=Skill ranks+[stat] modifier) or take 4 damage to the ability score of your choice.
    19+|Imposition of Agony: Target must make a Reflex save (DC=Skill ranks+[stat] modifier) or be paralyzed for 1d6 rounds.[/table]

Triumphant Devil's Flight
    Devil's Flight (Strike)

Initiating this maneuver as part of a standard action negates all penalties and impedances to your attack roll except the target's armor class. This attack also ignores DR and hardness.

Twisting Spiteful Shaft
    Devil's Flight (Strike)
    [Class]: 6
    Duration: Instant (See text)
    Saving Throw: Reflex negates

Your arrow hits home and begins twisting and grinding at your opponent's side; shifting ever deeper into their flesh.
    The target of this maneuver must make a DC16+[stat] modifier reflex save or take the damage from you attack for 1 round per 4IL's.

Withering Feathered Maelstrom
    Devil's Flight (Strike)
    [Class]: 2

When you initiate this maneuver, make a sleight of hand check opposed by your opponent's AC for every 4 points higher your roll is, you may make one additional ranged attack on this action (Max= [stat] modifier). Each of these extra attacks suffers a -2 penalty.
    "Bender knows love, and love doesn't share itself with the world. Love is suspicious, love is needy. Love is fearful, love is greedy. My friends, there is no great love without great jealousy!"- Bender Bending Rodriguez

23. - Top - End - #713
    Troll in the Playground

PirateGirl

C924

It's pretty good. Only mindless creatures don't get feats and skills. Here is is cleaned up. Thanks for making this.

Spazosaurus
    Huge Animal
    Hit Dice: 5d8-3 (19 hp)
    Speed: 30 ft. (6 squares)
    Initiative: -3
    Armor Class: 6 (-4 Dex, -2 size, +2 natural), touch 4, flat-footed 6
    Base Attack/Grapple: +3/+7
    Attack: Slam -2 melee (1d8-4)
    Full Attack: Slam -2 (1d8-4)
    Space/Reach: 15 ft./ 15 ft.
    Special Attacks:
    Special Qualities: Laughter inducing, low-light vision, unstable
    Saves: Fort +4 Ref +4 Will +1
    Abilities: Str 4, Dex 4, Con 5, Int —, Wis 1, Cha 6
    Skills:
    Feats:
    Environment: Temperate forests and plains
    Organization: solitary or pair
    Challenge Rating: 2
    Treasure: None
    Alignment: Usually neutral
    Advancement: 6-10 (Huge), 11-20 (Gargantuan)
    Level Adjustment:

Lumbering towards you is a bipedal, stooped over dinosaur that looks like it could fall over at any moment. As it shuffles forwards, it takes all your strength to not burst out in laughter at its comical movement.

Combat

Laughter Inducing (Ex): Whenever the spazosaurus moves or attacks, all creatures with line of sight to the spazosaurus must make a Will save (DC 10), or be stunned for one round as they start to laugh uncontrollably at the hilarious movements of the spazosaurus. The save is Dexterity-based and is a mind-affecting effect.

Unstable (Ex): After every attack, a spazosaurus must make a Reflex save (DC 18) to avoid falling prone. If it fails its Reflex save, the DM should roll on the scatter table to see which direction the spazosaurus falls. All creatures within 15 feet of the spazosaurus take 1d6 points of damage. A successful Reflex save (DC 9) halves the damage. The spazosaurus must make a DC 18 strength check to get up from a prone position. The save is Constitution-based.

Debby

24. - Top - End - #714
    Titan in the Playground

C924

Does Int - itself grant any significant imunities? I don't THINK it does, but if it does you would be better of making it Int 1 and then giving it a special quality of not having skill ranks or feats... or maybe give it Vow of Poverty as a joke, since I have heard it is worse than not having a feat... for a PC. OTOH it would actually benefit it... except that it is true neutral, and thus has obviously failed the Vow, although that sorta spoils the joke.

C???
    Quote Originally Posted by Xaotiq1 View Post
    7th Level: Gasp of Dead Gods (Strike):
    You are missing a description here.
    Last edited by DracoDei; 2013-07-06 at 01:43 AM.
    [Public Service Announcement]P.E.A.C.H stands for Please Examine And Critique Honestly[/Public Service Announcement]
    Extended Signature

25. - Top - End - #715
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by DracoDei View Post
    C924

Does Int - itself grant any significant imunities?
    C924 Yeah, it does; mindlessness means immunity to all [mind-affecting] effects.
    Quote Originally Posted by Water_Bear View Post
    That's RAW for you; 100% Rules-Legal, 110% silly.
    Quote Originally Posted by hamishspence View Post
    "Common sense" and "RAW" are not exactly on speaking terms
    Projects: Homebrew, Gentlemen's Agreement, DMPCs, Forbidden Knowledge safety, and Top Ten Worst. Also, Quotes and RACSD are good.

Anyone knows blue is for sarcas'ing in · "Take 10 SAN damage from Dark Orchid" · Use of gray may indicate nitpicking · Green is sincerity

26. - Top - End - #716
    Troll in the Playground

PirateGirl

Quote Originally Posted by DracoDei View Post
    C924

Does Int - itself grant any significant immunities? I don't THINK it does, but if it does you would be better of making it Int 1 and then giving it a special quality of not having skill ranks or feats... or maybe give it Vow of Poverty as a joke, since I have heard it is worse than not having a feat... for a PC. OTOH it would actually benefit it... except that it is true neutral, and thus has obviously failed the Vow, although that sorta spoils the joke..
    Just by virtue of having an Intelligence score doesn't gain a creature any immunities. Animals get low-light vision as part of Animal traits.

27. - Top - End - #717
    Titan in the Playground

Just by virtue of having an Intelligence score
    I meant the LACK of an intelligence score.
    Extended Signature

28. - Top - End - #718
    Troll in the Playground

PirateGirl

Quote Originally Posted by tuggyne View Post
    C924 Yeah, it does; mindlessness means immunity to all [mind-affecting] effects.

Actually it is a bit more than that: "A creature with no Intelligence score is mindless, an automaton operating on simple instincts or programmed instructions. It has immunity to mind-affecting effects (charms, compulsions, phantasms, patterns, and morale effects) and automatically fails Intelligence checks."

Debby

29. - Top - End - #719

HalflingPirate

I'd had the idea for a while to write up stats for a sort of magical headband that bestowed painful visions of the future to it's wearer... the inspiration for this is Cordelia's visions(Angel).

In the beginning, the wearer only gets headaches of a severe sort from the headband, accompanied by vague foggy visions of the near future.

At all times the wearer can resist the damage with a fort save of increasing dc.

But i'm thinking at first it's just headaches on failed save, no damage. Then non lethal damage on a failed save. Then lethal damage on failed save. Then Con damage on failed save. This is physical damage; a mortal brain not being able to handle the visions or something like that.

If the wearer cannot have it removed within an alotted amount of time, the symptoms become fatal... The visions are random, provided at the dungeon master's leisure.

The damage can be healed, or restored. But restoration spells have an increasing chance of failure as well.

The headband cannot be removed with a simple remove curse spell, it has to be manually removed by the original owner, who does not suffer the fatal effects of the headband. Otherwise, limited wish, wish, or miracle.

The wearer can survive and embrace the visions by becoming at least a half cel or half fiend.

Can ya'll help me with the specifics? Like a working mechanic for it?

Edit: I suppose that means i'm number R.925?
    Last edited by MonkeySage; 2013-07-07 at 02:21 AM.

30. - Top - End - #720
    Troll in the Playground

PirateGirl

Monkey Sage, your request should be Number as R. 925 if I'm not mistaken.