New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 28 of 50 FirstFirst ... 3181920212223242526272829303132333435363738 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #811
    Dwarf in the Playground

Default Re: Request a Homebrew: Thread 2!

Quote Originally Posted by ericgrau View Post
    H 939
    I started to do something but I ran into fluff hiccups. Where do you wish the power to come from? The laws of magical reality like a wizard's power? A deity or ideal? Somewhere else? Are you indifferent about it? My own fluff ideas were a bit campaign changing. Are you the DM or a player?
    I'm not real firm on the "power source" yet. For campaign world/ novel I'm putting together, one idea I'm toying with is all magic coming from the residual essence of a deity who got too entangled with reality during creation and merged with and was subsumed by it.

I am the DM/ author.

Well here's a minimal fluff version, it can always be altered later.

Studious Clergy ACF
    Lose: Domains, extra domain spell slot, spell access through prayer
    Gain: You access cleric spells using a spellbook, like a wizard. You also begin knowing the same number of spells (and all orisons), and learn the same number upon each level up, except that this is based on wisdom rather than intelligence. You may likewise take and apply any related wizard feat, such as spell mastery, again using wisdom in place of intelligence and your cleric level or caster level in place of the wizard level or caster level. You may likewise prepare read magic without your spellbook. You may also learn any cleric spells from any domain the same way as any other cleric spell. The domain spells need not be from your deities' domains. You do not gain any access to domain powers, however.
    In keeping with the above, clerics still serve deities and have a connection to them, so I'm thinking they should perhaps keep their domains and granted powers. Maybe the granted powers and domain spells are the only part of their magic given them directly by their deity?

What I'm looking for, fluff-wise, is a world where the deities are real, but not everyone necessarily believes in them because what clerics do (re: domains) can easily be written off as normal wizardly-type magic by those who do not believe (such an explanation is incorrect, of course, but I want a world where the gods aren't indisputably real, whether one follows them or not).

I've also toyed with the idea of having clerics and paladins use the Words of Power option from PF's Ultimate Magic as a way of representing cleric's different approach to utilizing the same magic source as wizards. Problem is, you lose a lot of really useful cleric and paladin spells that way.
    Last edited by Batou1976; 2013-08-07 at 03:59 AM.
    Mean People Suck

The Lord of the Rings is not a trilogy; words have meanings, and cannot be arbitrarily redefined just because you're lazy and/or careless. Or, put another way: Infer we shoe to gobble the blueberry jazz musician? Spleen! Water crackers pontificate when sebum roasts merrily for the lagoon.

You can either roll a DIE (singular), or multiple DICE (plural).

Association for Renaissance Martial Arts

2. - Top - End - #812
    Titan in the Playground

H 939
    Well that kills my original fluff ideas but I have another.

Studious Clergy ACF
    A studious clergy is a learned man who devotes himself to the academics of his faith. Formulaic in mind, he accesses divine power directly through magical symbols and rituals rather than asking for it. In exchange for taking some of the work off of the heavens, over time his deity gives him access to an additional domain. Though the rumor among atheists is "Look, you even get more 'divine' power with study than faith." Many studious clergy are well versed in knowledge of their faith or other studies. Many are also cloistered clerics.

Lose: Spell access through prayer
    Gain: You access cleric spells using a spellbook, like a wizard. You also begin knowing the same number of spells (and all orisons), and learn the same number upon each level up, except that this is based on wisdom rather than intelligence. You may likewise take and apply any related wizard feat, such as spell mastery, again using wisdom in place of intelligence and your cleric level or caster level in place of the wizard level or caster level. You may likewise prepare read magic without your spellbook.

At 2nd level you gain a +2 bonus to any two knowledge skills. At 10th level you gain three more +2 bonuses which may be applied to the same knowledges or to different knowledges, but no more than one of these three bonuses may be applied to the same skill.

At 4th level you also gain an extra domain including the domain power and domain spells available, but no additional domain spell slots.

Comments: I delayed some benefits to prevent super frontloaded cleric dips, especially for the domain power or domain feats. If you don't use cloistered clerics then be sure to strike that sentence from the fluff.

Studious Paladin ACF
    As the studious cleric but you gain no benefit at 4th level. At 7th and at 13th level you gain an extra daily use of smite evil. You also gain knowledge(local) as a class skill.

Many studious paladins tend to study the laws of the land wherever they may go, so that they may better follow them. This, local customs and stories fall under the knowledge(local) skill. Studious paladins tend to fit in better when visiting new countries, at least with the citizens who keep their noses clean.
    Last edited by ericgrau; 2013-08-09 at 12:52 AM.
    So you never have to interrupt a game to look up a rule again:
    My 3.5e Rules Cheat Sheets: Normal, With Consolidated Skill System
    TOGC's 3.5e Spell/etc Cards: rpgnow / drivethru rpg
    Utilities: Magic Item Shop Generator (Req. MS Excel), Balanced Low Magic Item System
    Printable Cardstock Dungeon Tiles and other terrain stuff (100 MB)

3. - Top - End - #813
    Bugbear in the Playground

R942

The Bouncer
    Prerequisites:
    • BAB 5
    • Improved Grapple
    • Intimidate: 4 ranks

{table=head]Level|BAB|Fort|Ref|Will|Special
    1|1|2|2|0|Pull Punch; Out the Window
    2|2|3|3|0|Stare 'em Down; Multigrab
    3|3|3|3|1|Thick Skin
    4|4|4|4|1|Grab and Throw
    5|5|4|4|1|Out the Window and Down the Street[/table]
    Hit die: d10
    Skills: 4+int
    Class Skills: Balance, Climb, Intimidate, Jump, Knowledge(local), Listen, Sense Motive, Spot, Tumble

Pull Punch(ex): Knowing the importance of repeat customers, a bouncer learns to deal nonlethal damage at no penalty.

Out the Window(ex): While grappling a creature, a bouncer may throw it up to 20 ft. The creature falls prone where it lands. The bouncer must succeed on an opposed grapple check to do this, and must make a ranged touch attack if he wishes to send the creature through an actual window or similar opening.

Stare 'em Down(ex): If a bouncer succeeds in demoralizing an opponent through intimidation, the opponent immediately ends any rage or similar state. Furthermore, if the intimidate check succeeds by 8 or more, the target is frightened, and by 16 or more panicked.

Multigrab(ex): A bouncer may grapple two opponents at once, and may initiate two grapples as a single standard action. This imposes a -4 penalty on the grapple checks.

Thick Skin(ex): A bouncer gains DR 5/-

Grab and Throw(ex): A bouncer may initiate grapple and use the Out the Window ability as a single standard action.

Out the Window and Down the Street(ex): When a bouncer uses Out the Window, he may choose to deal 8d6 damage to the creature thrown and to anything the creature hits (ranged touch attack). Furthermore, for every 5 points of margin on the grapple check, the creature flies an additional 5 ft and it (and its target) take an additional 1d6 damage.

4. - Top - End - #814
    Troll in the Playground

PirateGirl

C 942

Thanks! That's perfect. Out The Window should match the flinging as Snatch feat. A flung creature travels 1d6 × 10 feet, and takes 1d6 points of damage per 10 feet traveled. I think I will go with this:

Out the Window (Ex): If a bouncer succeeds on a grapple check he may choose to throw an opponent who is no larger than the bouncer. A flung creature travels 1d6x 10 feet and takes 1d6 points of damage per 10 feet traveled. A flung creature falls prone where it lands. The bouncer must succeed on an opposed grapple check to do this, and must make a ranged touch attack if he wishes to send the creature through an actual window or similar opening.

Out the Window and Down the Street (Ex): When a bouncer successfully uses Out the Window, he may choose to fling an opponent at either another creature or at an object. Not only does the opponent take damage from being flung, but anything the opponent hits also takes the same amount of damage. If the object or creature being crushed is more than two size categories smaller than the flung opponent, it takes an additional 1d6 points of crushing damage.

Thanks a bunch.

Debby
    Last edited by Debihuman; 2013-08-08 at 01:42 PM.
    P.E.A.C.H. Please Evaluate And Critique Honestly. Being nicer and kinder doesn't hurt either. Note I generally only critique 3.5 and Pathfinder material.
    Please, please, please when using non-core material, cite to the books. There are too many books to wade through to find the one with the feat, special ability or spell you use.
    my creations in homebrew signature thread

5. - Top - End - #815
    Troll in the Playground

Question Re: Request a Homebrew: Thread 2!

Quote Originally Posted by Debatra View Post
    R. 921

I need a CR 12 Monstrous Humanoid with swim and fly speeds (at least good maneuverability) and the ability to breathe underwater. Preferably something that can be of any alignment, but anything that isn't forced into good or evil is fine.

It should be Large, but doesn't absolutely have to be. Spell Resistance and at-will Dispel Magic are a must.

It should have decent-high Charisma, with any applicable abilities being Charisma-based.
    I hate to put any pressure on, but it's starting to become important.
    Kaedanis Pyran, tai faernae.

The LA Assignment Threads: Attempting to Make Monsters Playable Since 2016

My Homebrewer's Extended Signature
    Spoiler: Quotes
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Lycan 01 View Post
    Roland just endorsed a crack pairing?

Did... did we break the universe?
    Quote Originally Posted by SassyQuatch View Post
    It is a major flaw in the game. Destroy a moon? Sure. Talk to somebody a hundred miles away, that's going to be difficult.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rizban View Post
    Realistically speaking... D&D style magic doesn't exist, so... let's ignore reality.

6. - Top - End - #816

H921b

Igneous Gargoyle

Igneous gargoyles are like ordinary gargoyles, but instead of sedimentary stone they resemble the pumice and basalt of their native islands (the high percentage of pumice gives them a density only slightly greater than water). How they come into being is anyone's guess.

{TABLE]Size/Type:|Huge Monstrous Humanoid (earth, fire)
    Hit Dice:|15d8+105 (172 hp)
    Initiative:|3
    Speed:|40 ft (8 squares), fly 60ft(Good), swim 20ft
    Armor Class:|26 (-2 size,+3 dex, +15 natural), touch 11, flat-footed 23
    Base Attack/Grapple:|+15/+32
    Attack:|claw +22 melee (1d8+9)
    Full Attack:|2 claws +22 melee (1d8+9) and bite +20 melee (2d6+4) and gore +20 melee (2d6+4)
    Space/Reach:|15ft,10ft
    Special Attacks:|breath weapon
    Special Qualities:|freeze, immunity to fire, non-vulnerability to cold, self-sufficient, spell resistance 22
    Saves:|Fort +12, Ref +12, Will +11
    Abilities:| Str 29, Dex 16, Con 25, Int 11, Wis 11, Cha 16
    Skills:|Listen +18, Spot +18, Swim +17
    Feats:|flyby attack, improved snatch, iron will, multiattack, power attack, snatch
    Environment:|volcanic islands
    Organization:|solitary or clan (5-7)
    Challenge Rating:|12
    Treasure:|standard
    Alignment:|usually neutral
    Advancement:|by class level
    Level Adjustment:|--
    [/TABLE]

breath weapon
    An igneous gargoyle's breath weapon recalls the fires that brought forth its island, dealing 3d4 fire, 3d4 sonic and 3d4 bludgeoning to all creatures in a 50 ft cone. A dc 24 reflex save halves the damage. Any creature or object damaged by the breath weapon is also subject to a cl 15 dispel magic effect. The weapon can be used once every 1d4 rounds.

freeze
    An igneous gargoyle can hold itself so still it appears to be a statue. An observer must succeed on a DC 20 Spot check to notice the gargoyle is really alive.

immunity to fire
    An igneous gargoyle takes no damage from fire.

non-vulnerability to cold
    Unlike most fire creatures, an igneous gargoyle takes normal damage (not 150% damage) from cold.

self-sufficient
    Igneous gargoyles do not need to eat, drink or breath.

Skills
    A Igneous Gargoyle has a +8 racial bonus on Swim checks. It can take 10 on swim checks even when rushed or threatened.
    Last edited by dspeyer; 2013-08-08 at 04:03 PM.

7. - Top - End - #817
    Troll in the Playground

Thumbs up Re: Request a Homebrew: Thread 2!

Ooh. That should do nicely. My thanks, friend.
    Kaedanis Pyran, tai faernae.

The LA Assignment Threads: Attempting to Make Monsters Playable Since 2016

My Homebrewer's Extended Signature
    Spoiler: Quotes
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Lycan 01 View Post
    Roland just endorsed a crack pairing?

Did... did we break the universe?
    Quote Originally Posted by SassyQuatch View Post
    It is a major flaw in the game. Destroy a moon? Sure. Talk to somebody a hundred miles away, that's going to be difficult.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rizban View Post
    Realistically speaking... D&D style magic doesn't exist, so... let's ignore reality.

8. - Top - End - #818
    Dwarf in the Playground

H 939
    Well that kills my original fluff ideas but I have another.

Studious Clergy ACF
    A studious clergy is a learned man who devotes himself to the academics of his faith.

SNIP

Many studious paladins tend to study the laws of the land wherever they may go, so that they may better follow them. This, local customs and stories fall under the knowledge(local) skill. Studious paladins tend to fit in better when visiting new countries, at least with the citizens who keep their noses clean.
    That looks pretty good! Do you think there would be any issue in a campaign where this is not simply an option, but the only way clerics and paladins use magic?
    Mean People Suck

The Lord of the Rings is not a trilogy; words have meanings, and cannot be arbitrarily redefined just because you're lazy and/or careless. Or, put another way: Infer we shoe to gobble the blueberry jazz musician? Spleen! Water crackers pontificate when sebum roasts merrily for the lagoon.

9. - Top - End - #819
    Titan in the Playground

Not as far as I can tell. Most clerics I've made don't change their spell list often anyway. It's tolerable at worst. Low magic item campaigns could have significant issues with swapping spells to fix an affliction the next day, especially since such campaigns don't have many NPC casters either. But I hate those campaigns regardless .
    Last edited by ericgrau; 2013-08-09 at 12:30 PM.
    So you never have to interrupt a game to look up a rule again:
    My 3.5e Rules Cheat Sheets: Normal, With Consolidated Skill System
    TOGC's 3.5e Spell/etc Cards: rpgnow / drivethru rpg
    Utilities: Magic Item Shop Generator (Req. MS Excel), Balanced Low Magic Item System
    Printable Cardstock Dungeon Tiles and other terrain stuff (100 MB)

10. - Top - End - #820
    Dwarf in the Playground

Not as far as I can tell. Most clerics I've made don't change their spell list often anyway. It's tolerable at worst. Low magic item campaigns could have significant issues with swapping spells to fix an affliction the next day, especially since such campaigns don't have many NPC casters either. But I hate those campaigns regardless .
    I'm not intending it to be a low magic/ low magic-item campaign, so much as a campaign where magic is not so flashy and overt as the D&D/ PF standard, and where certain spells like wish, teleport, dominate, and the like don't exist, and, of course, where irrefutable proof of the gods' existence isn't constantly hitting you upside the head.
    Mean People Suck

11. - Top - End - #821

HalfOrcPirate

R943:

I would like to request a subspecies/variation of mind flayer, and would like it to be either a large or a medium with a powerful build. I'll be using them as guardians/servants/slaves to the regular mind flayers, so they should be weak against psionics if possible. Not all that bright but super strong. Other than that, I'm up for just about anything you can come up with - I stink with homebrewing... if you have any questions please don't hesitate to ask, I'll do my best to answer.
    Last edited by gurgleflep; 2013-08-10 at 06:14 PM.

12. - Top - End - #822
    Barbarian in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by gurgleflep View Post
    R943:

I would like to request a subspecies/variation of mind flayer, and would like it to be either a large or a medium with a powerful build. I'll be using them as guardians/servants/slaves to the regular mind flayers, so they should be weak against psionics if possible. Not all that bright but super strong. Other than that, I'm up for just about anything you can come up with - I stink with homebrewing... if you have any questions please don't hesitate to ask, I'll do my best to answer.
    C943
    I could do this, it will let me flexes my homebrew muscles (haven't homebrewed in ages).

"He who fights monsters should see to it that he himself does not become a monster. And if you gaze for long into an abyss, the abyss gazes also into you."
    — Friedrich Nietzsche

View my newest homebrew (feedback is greatly appreciate):
    The Vile speaker-http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showt...-PEACH-welcome

13. - Top - End - #823

HalfOrcPirate

Quote Originally Posted by smoke prism View Post
    C943
    I could do this, it will let me flexes my homebrew muscles (haven't homebrewed in ages).
    Thank you this is very appreciated. Glad to see you're flexin' your brewing muscles

14. - Top - End - #824
    Orc in the Playground

Was I skipped?

I'm one that asked for more storytelling bard archetype and less sing songy, instead of Bardic Music getting a different ability based on the ability to tell a good story, perhaps knowledge-based. Let me try and find my original post.
    Last edited by JonathonWilder; 2013-08-11 at 09:14 PM.

15. - Top - End - #825
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by JonathonWilder View Post
    Was I skipped?

I'm one that asked for more storytelling bard archetype and less sing songy, instead of Bardic Music getting a different ability based on the ability to tell a good story, perhaps knowledge-based. Let me try and find my original post.
    The "Bardic Knack" ACF already exists. Lets you use half your class level instead of your skill ranks in any skill, as long as it's untrained-usable. Works on trained skills too if you have a rank in them. Basically you're reasonably capable at everything.
    Quote Originally Posted by jamieth View Post
    ...though Talla does her best to sound objective and impartial, it doesn't cover stuff like "ask a 9-year-old to tank for the party."
    My Homebrew

16. - Top - End - #826
    Orc in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Qwertystop View Post
    The "Bardic Knack" ACF already exists. Lets you use half your class level instead of your skill ranks in any skill, as long as it's untrained-usable. Works on trained skills too if you have a rank in them. Basically you're reasonably capable at everything.
    Yet Bardic Knack replaces bardic knowledge doesn't it, not a bard's musical ability, that and can it stack with Jack-of-all-Trades? This is for a Pathfinder Bard.

Quote Originally Posted by JonathonWilder View Post
    R. 930

I am seeking a Pathfinder Archetype for the Bard, the basic idea being a traveling storyteller, that instead of 'bardic music' one would have abilities that better reflect one that spends his time going to far off lands, forgotten ruins, and dusty libraries. More importantly a Bard archetype where the class that can 'bring to life' the stories they tell, calling forward the characters, creatures, and monsters of long ago (perhaps through illusion/shadow illusion/conjuration). One whose words can change the their surroundings to match their needs, perhaps even alter the luck of others as long as he can 'narrate' what others are doing.

Or something like that, perhaps it is a bit much, whoever takes this get's the basic idea of what I am looking for and I am open to anything that can be created with what I have given.

17. - Top - End - #827
    Ogre in the Playground

C 943
    If smoke prism doesn't do it, I can pick it up. I'd need the following:
    • Intended CR or CR range.
    • Uses. I assume these will be closet trolls and labor, so they'll be mostly defined by double-digit Strength modifiers. Anything else here, like rock throwing or tunneling? Do you think hivemind would be good?
    • Are they of animalistic intelligence, retarded intelligence, human intelligence?
    • Should they get some psionics?

C 930
    Jonathan, I'm a little confused with what you want this guy to do. When sh*t hits the fan and you're fighting a warparty of orcs, do you expect this guy to... orate at them? Tell them a story about this other party of orcs he mercilessly slaughtered? Or does he do something like Elan and say "And then Roy swung his sword and hit the orc" so Roy gets a +1 to hit the orc?

It really feels like you could just re-fluff singing as telling stories and get all the same results. Which specific parts of bardic music do you not want to see, and what do you want in their place?
    Last edited by Just to Browse; 2013-08-12 at 01:19 AM.

18. - Top - End - #828

HalfOrcPirate

Quote Originally Posted by Just to Browse View Post
    C 943
    If smoke prism doesn't do it, I can pick it up. I'd need the following:
    • Intended CR or CR range.
    • Uses. I assume these will be closet trolls and labor, so they'll be mostly defined by double-digit Strength modifiers. Anything else here, like rock throwing or tunneling? Do you think hivemind would be good?
    • Are they of animalistic intelligence, retarded intelligence, human intelligence?
    • Should they get some psionics?

*snip*
    C943
    As long as it gets made, I'll be a happy camper
    • I don't know how exactly CR works but the two (three if the other player shows up) characters will be roughly level 12 when they encounter it/them.
    • Yes to rock throwing and hivemind but no to tunneling. A slam attack may be fitting as well.
    • Human intelligence should do nicely.
    • Psionics would be good but with some form of limitation because they'll likely have a mind flayer or two with them.

If you have any more questions, please don't hesitate to ask
    Last edited by gurgleflep; 2013-08-12 at 02:38 PM.

19. - Top - End - #829
    Ogre in the Playground

C 943

OK, well mind flayer tag-team is EL 10, and since I figure that's about where a party of 2 level 12 characters will be, The dumb flayers should probably be CR ~4. That would mean 4 dumb flayers == 1 mind flayer in terms of difficulty. A decent number for minion-heavy fights.

EDIT: To make sure, are you using XPH (thus these things need powers and special crap) or standard psionics from the MM (so I just give them SLAs)?
    Last edited by Just to Browse; 2013-08-12 at 05:33 AM.

20. - Top - End - #830
    Dwarf in the Playground

R: 944

I was reading through the Jade Phoenix Mage lore, and apparently the 13 Jade Phoenix Masters swore to walk the world forever to ensure that their old nemesis, the Souldrake, is never unsealed from its resting place. Thing is, there are no stats for said Souldrake. I quite like the JPM flavor, so it's kind of disappointing that it cannot be fought.

Unless my google-fu has failed me, no one else has made one, so that's what I'm here to request. Stat the Souldrake mentioned on page 113 of the Book of Nine Swords in the Jade Phoenix Mage entry. Obviously, it's of world-threatening power. This isn't for any specific game, it's just something I wish existed.
    Last edited by LordotheMorning; 2013-08-12 at 05:35 AM.

21. - Top - End - #831

HalfOrcPirate

C 943

OK, well mind flayer tag-team is EL 10, and since I figure that's about where a party of 2 level 12 characters will be, The dumb flayers should probably be CR ~4. That would mean 4 dumb flayers == 1 mind flayer in terms of difficulty. A decent number for minion-heavy fights.

EDIT: To make sure, are you using XPH (thus these things need powers and special crap) or standard psionics from the MM (so I just give them SLAs)?
    C943
    We're using the XPH, yes. About the only thing we aren't using are the various D&D magazines - nobody in the group has any and I'd like to avoid getting PDFs through questionable means.

22. - Top - End - #832
    Pixie in the Playground

R945:
    So this is a request for a PrC, NOT a base class, the idea is wire master. It is also heavily inspired by two anime characters, but that is NOT the point. The idea is just through some method, the character manipulates fine wire as a method of attack, defense, and constriction.
    If you want to see what I used for reference when I decided this would be an awesome PrC, message or ask.
    Ideally the new PrC would simply have more advanced methods and usage of the item "Wire" that already exists, and would specialize in using literal wire as a weapon.
    Hopefully somebody finds this interesting, and helps out!
    PS: If you have any questions about it ask, I will watch this thread.

23. - Top - End - #833
    Ogre in the Playground

Based this off the minotaur, going down the line with changes.

Spoiler
    Show
    Inferuthid
    Type: Aberration
    NatArmor should be 3 lower, HP needs to be raised
    BAB would be +4, HP is d8, because it's an aberration. Let's add 3 hit dice to give it a full attack and more HP.
    Remove the gore attack and weapon. They get a slam attack and rock throwing.
    Remove powerful charge, we can replace this with psionic powers.
    Switch natural cunning with mind linked.
    Switch scent with (improved unarmed strike bonus feat)
    Ability scores seem fine. The lower AC/HP, means +2 dex, +2 con should be OK. Int 10, Wis 8, Cha 7.
    Their skill point should be put into climb, jump, (swim?), and maybe spot if they've got points left.
    Feats change to: Power Attack, Improved Bullrush, Improved Unarmed StrikeB, and Improved Grapple.
    Treasure now minimal or none
    Alignment should be mind flayer's alignment
    Advancement by character class

Mind Linked (Ex): Inferuthid are particularly weak to the psionic powers of mind flayers. A manifestation of psionic charm person by a mind flayer will permanently mind link the inferuthid to that flayer (breaking all other mind links). This grants him a hive mind ability with that mind flayer and any inferuthids that mind flayer links to.

While mind linked, if one illithid or inferuthid is aware of danger, all are. If one in a group is not flat-footed, none of them are. No illithid or inferuthid is considered flanked unless all of them are.

This bred susceptability also means Inferuthids have -2 on all saves from psionic powers or psi-like abilities.
    Last edited by Just to Browse; 2013-08-14 at 03:57 PM.

24. - Top - End - #834
    Dwarf in the Playground

R946
    Big *Luck* Order

2 Lucky Races. Leprechaun + Other
    (Krimm made a Leprechaun subrace but didn't seem lucky enough)
    + racial feats
    + 5 lvl Racial Prc each expands on 'Gamblings' natural luck w/gambling
    And a Pot of Gold and Rainbow flavor Prc for the Leprechaun

Thanks in advance. Hope it isn't too much.

25. - Top - End - #835
    Halfling in the Playground

I would like to request a weakened LA-3 or preferably less version of the Phasm from 3.5, that can be a playable character.
    Quote Originally Posted by Grey Watcher View Post
    ... Did you just imply that Guybrush Threepwood was part angel, part water elemental?
    Quote Originally Posted by Deadline View Post
    No no, all halflings are descended from a curious immortal inmate of the asylum in Sigil. The inmate claims that his name is "Ling", and that all of his progeny are "half me". He also claims parentage over Tieflings, Mephlings, and generally anything "Ling".

26. - Top - End - #836
    Colossus in the Playground

Tricky. Really tricky. I mean, even the Doppelganger has more (though I'd call it very weak for what it can do).

It would need limits on its shapeshifting.
    Resident Vancian Apologist

27. - Top - End - #837
    Troll in the Playground

PirateGirl

Quote Originally Posted by Merchant View Post
    R946
    Big *Luck* Order

2 Lucky Races. Leprechaun + Other
    (Krimm made a Leprechaun subrace but didn't seem lucky enough)
    + racial feats
    + 5 lvl Racial Prc each expands on 'Gamblings' natural luck w/gambling
    And a Pot of Gold and Rainbow flavor Prc for the Leprechaun

Thanks in advance. Hope it isn't too much.
    H. 946

Since you seemed to like Krimm's leprechaun but wanted a "luckier" one, here is the Lucky Leprechaun.

Gnome Subrace: Leprechaun
    • -2 Str, +2 Con, +4 Cha. Leprechauns are tough but weak like their gnomish cousins and also charming little devils.
    • Humanoid (Gnome): Leprechauns are humanoids with the (gnome) subtype.
    • Small: As a Small creature, a leprechaun gains a +1 size bonus on attack rolls, and a +4 size bonus on Hide checks, but he uses smaller weapons than humans use, and his lifting and carrying limits are three-quarters of those of a Medium character.
    • A leprechauns base land speed is 20 feet.
    • Low-Light Vision: A gnome can see twice as far as a human in starlight, moonlight, torchlight, and similar conditions of poor illumination. He retains the ability to distinguish color and detail under these conditions.
    • +2 racial bonus on saving throws against illusions and charm effects.
    • Add +1 to the Difficulty Class for all saving throws against illusion and enchantment spells cast by gnomes. This adjustment stacks with those from similar effects.
    • +2 racial bonus on Listen checks.
    • +2 racial bonus on Perform (Comedy) checks. The leprechaun gains an additional +2 luck bonus on Perform (Comedy) when reciting a limerick.
    • Automatic Languages: Common and Gnome. Bonus Languages: Draconic, Dwarven, Elven, Giant, Goblin, Orc, and Sylvan.
    • Spell-Like Abilities: At will-- charm person, dancing lights, ghost sound, prestidigitation; 1/day--silent image, suggestion; 1/year--wish (only usable on those who have found your pot o' gold)
    • Lucky (Ex): Once a day a leprechaun may re-roll any one die to try to get a better result. Out of the 2 rolls, the leprechaun always takes the more desired one. If his pot o' gold is stolen, he loses this ability until it is returned.
    • Pot 'o gold. This is actually a small pot painted gold and has no magical properties at all. However, a leprechaun's good luck is tied to its well-being so most leprechauns guard their pots carefully. A leprechaun may only have one pot o' gold at a time. If for any reason, his pot o' gold is destroyed, the leprechaun takes 1 point of damage. It takes a leprechaun one week to create and season a new pot. A typical pot o' gold weighs one pound, has 3 hit points and hardness 5.
    • Favored Class: Bard
    • Challenge Rating: 2
    • Level Adjustment: +2

Leprechauns are usually chaotic. Leprechaun clerics have access to the Chaos, Luck, and Trickery domains.

Does this work for you?

Debby

EVERYONE: please number your posts. R for Request/C for Comment/H for Homebrew. If a request lacks a number, it's likely to be forgotten and there are too many requests to figure out which comment is for a particular request.
    Last edited by Debihuman; 2013-08-14 at 11:16 AM.
    P.E.A.C.H. Please Evaluate And Critique Honestly. Being nicer and kinder doesn't hurt either. Note I generally only critique 3.5 and Pathfinder material.
    Please, please, please when using non-core material, cite to the books. There are too many books to wade through to find the one with the feat, special ability or spell you use.
    my creations in homebrew signature thread

28. - Top - End - #838
    Ogre in the Playground

R.947

I'm looking for a class that would let me bind Incarnum into a construct, advancing Artificer Infusions and Meldshaping.
    Quote Originally Posted by DigoDragon View Post
    It's like Amazon.com around here; free 2-day shipping on all orders no matter how trivial.
    Quote Originally Posted by u/s_SoNick
    Dr Mog: Hey, spiffy new threads you got there Tyro.

Tyro: Pie jesu domine smacks book against forehead Dona eis requiem

29. - Top - End - #839

HalfOrcPirate

Based this off the minotaur, going down the line with changes.

Spoiler
    Show
    Inferuthid
    Type: Aberration
    NatArmor should be 3 lower, HP needs to be raised
    BAB would be +4, HP is d8, because it's an aberration. Let's add 3 hit dice to give it a full attack and more HP.
    Remove the gore attack and weapon. They get a slam attack and rock throwing.
    Remove powerful charge, we can replace this with psionic powers.
    Switch natural cunning with mind linked.
    Switch scent with (improved unarmed strike bonus feat)
    Ability scores seem fine. The lower AC/HP, means +2 dex, +2 con should be OK. Int 10, Wis 8, Cha 7.
    Their skill point should be put into climb, jump, (swim?), and maybe spot if they've got points left.
    Feats change to: Power Attack, Improved Bullrush, Improved Unarmed StrikeB, and Improved Grapple.
    Treasure now minimal or none
    Alignment should be mind flayer's alignment
    Advancement by character class

Mind Linked (Ex): Inferuthid are particularly weak to the psionic powers of mind flayers. A manifestation of psionic charm person by a mind flayer will permanently mind link the inferuthid to that flayer (breaking all other mind links). This grants him a hive mind ability with that mind flayer and any inferuthids that mind flayer links to.

While mind linked, if one illithid or inferuthid is aware of danger, all are. If one in a group is not flat-footed, none of them are. No illithid or inferuthid is considered flanked unless all of them are.

This bred susceptability also means Inferuthids have -2 on all saves from psionic powers or psi-like abilities.
    C943
    All of this sounds good to me
    The only question I've got is what would their ECL be?

And just in case Smoke Prism's still lurking/brewing, I would still like to see your version of it - options can be quite helpful, especially when you're using mind flayers and their yaggol counterparts (Dragonlance)

30. - Top - End - #840
    Ogre in the Playground

C 943

Ah crap, I have to make them PC-playable? That doesn't seem possible, considering their race is effectively a minmaxed dumb brute. Even if you put this thing at LA +0, it's going to be minimum ECL 9, which is at the point when healers can outperform you in a fight. It also epitomizes the dumb brute concept by making you weak to psionics while pumping damage. With a player (who can put all their feats into one tactic), you're going to the see one-trickiest of one-trick ponies.
    Last edited by Just to Browse; 2013-08-14 at 04:24 PM.