New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 3 of 50 FirstFirst 1234567891011121328 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #61
    Halfling in the Playground

Default Re: Request a Homebrew: Thread 2!

R723

I'd like to see the 3.5 Druid spell Awaken as a 4e ritual, please.

2. - Top - End - #62
    Dwarf in the Playground

Post Re: Request a Homebrew: Thread 2!

Quote Originally Posted by dethkruzer View Post
    R719

I'd like to request a monster, essentially a big demonic goat, Size should preferably be huge, and the ability to perform powerful charge attacks is a must. What exactly makes it so demonic is not that important, maybe supernatural/(a breath weapon, or something like that.

Preferably should be able to present a challenge to a party of three or four characters of ECL 17-19.

Also, I'd hope to have the monster by friday the 18th.

Thanks.
    I hope I can still help you:
    H719
    Goat demon
    Spoiler
    Show

Goat Devil (Capralotarg)
    Huge Outsider (Evil, Fire, Lawful)
    HD 15d8 (127 Hp)
    Speed 30 ft (6 squares)
    Init: +5 (+1 dex +4 improved initiative)
    AC 22; touch 9; flat-footed 21
    (10+1 dex,+13 natural -2 size)
    BAB +15+/+10/+5; Grp +28 ( 15 BAB, +5 str mod, +8 size)
    Attack Hoof slam +28 meele (2d6+10 bludgeoning damage ) or +5 flaming burst keen unholy, huge-sized lance +23 meele (3d6+10 piercing, +1d6 fire damage,+2d6 against creatures of Good alignment ,+2d10 fire on a successful critical hit)19-20/x3
    Full-Attack +5 flaming burst keen unholy, huge-sized lance +28 melele (3d6+10 piercing damage, +1d6 fire damage, +2d6 against creatures of Good alignment ,+2d10 fire on a successful critical hit)19-20/x3 and gore +11 (2d6 +5 piercing) or Hoof slam +23 meele (2d6+10 bludgeoning damage) and+5 flaming burst keen unholy, huge-sized lance +11 melele (3d6+10 piercing damage, +1d6 fire damage, +2d6 against creatures of Good alignment +2d10 fire on a successful critical hit) 19-20/x3 etc.
    Space 10 ft.; Reach 15 ft. (30 ft with lance, may threaten enemies up to 60 ft away with it, if he forgoes attacks against closer opponents )
    Special Attacks Breath weapon, Conflagration, Gaze of madness, Pounce, Spell-like abilities, Trample (2d6+15, Ref save DC 22 negates)
    Special Qualities Devil traits, damage reduction 10/good, Electricity Resistance 15, Fiendish fortitude, Quadruped, Spell resistance 15 (35 with scarab of protection), See in Darkness ,Telepathy 60 ft ( to creatures with language only)
    Saves Fort +13 (+17 against magical poisons and diseases) Ref +10, Will +7
    Abilities Str 20, Dex 12, Con 18, Int 8, Wis 10, Cha 16
    Skills Bluff+21, Concentration +13, Heal +9, Hide-7 (-8 size penalty), Intimidate+18, Listen+18, Spot+18, Sense motive+4, Knowledge (religion) +8, Knowledge (planes) +8,
    Perform (pan pipes )+13, , Profession (winemaker) +4
    Feats Improved intiative, Mounted combat , Power attack, Ride-by attack, Sprited charge, Trample.
    Environment Any lawful- and evil aligned plane
    Organization Solitary, deputy (1 goat demon +1-3 chain devils s, 1-6 bearded devils) or council (1-8 goat demons 2d4 eryinies, 2d12 imps, 1-12 bearded devils or 2-6 chain devils
    Challenge Rating 18
    Treasure double gold; standard gems; 15% half art; 45% standard magical items, plus +5 flaming burst keen unholy, huge-sized lance and (3d6+10 piercing,+2d6 against creatures of Good alignment, +2d10 fire on a successful critical hit)19-20/x3, masterwork instrument (Pan pipes) plus pipes of pain or pipes of sounding (50% chance of one) and scarab of protection (+20 SR if held for one round, 1d12-3 charges of protection against negative energy left)
    Alignment Always lawful evil
    Advancement 15-19 HD (Huge) 20-23 HD (Gargantuan)
    Level Adjustment

On the scorched ground of hell there stands a terrible creature like a centaur, with dirty brown fur, large sharp-looking hooves, skin with blotches of night-black and veins of red like cooling lava. When it spots you, it rears like a wild horse, brandishes a wicked lance that still drips with fresh blood, and charges you with it, staring all the while like a maniac with its yellow eyes.

A Goat devil weights ten tons and is ten feet tall at the base of its horns and fifteen feet long from head to tail. He speaks Common and Infernal but is only rarely in the mood to talk with creatures other than fellow demons, and is mostly content with just intimidating them.

Combat
    The goat devil loves to fight charging with it´s lance to take advantage o fit equine like body after first weakening their opponents with it´s dark magic. They are not good strategists, but inspire the fiends they lead with their aggressively and lust for battle.

Breath weapon (Su)
    60 foot cone of fire and fetid smoke, once every 1d4 rounds (but no more than 4 times per hour) 5d6 points of fire damage. Reflex save against DC 21 halves. All creatures with a Constitution score and a sense of smell within area of breath weapon must make a Fortitude save against DC 21 every time it is used or be sickened for 1d3 rounds by the smoke´s smell. (regardless of whether or not they take damage from the breath weapon.) Bonuses tosaving throws against poisons also apply against the sickening effect. The targets gets a +3 circumstance bonus to the save against the sickening if the breath weapon is used a second time in one minute. The save DCs are Constitution based.

Conflagration (Su)
    As a standard action, the Capralotarg can wreathe itself in fire, turning it´s every hair into a thin long tongue of flame. It deals 2d8 points of fire damage to everybody who touches them, grapples them or attacks them with a non-reach weapon. The intense heat causes every creature within 30 feet to take 1d8 points of nonlethal fire damage every round. Succeeding at a DC 21 Fortitude save prevents the character from taking the nonlethal damage for 3 rounds
    The Capralotarg itself does not take any damage from this ability, and can suppress it at any time as a free action.

Cold vulnerability
    The goat devil takes half again as much (+50%) damage from spells with the [Cold] descriptor as well as other cold-based effects, whether magical or mundane.

Electricity resistance(Ex)
    The creature ignores the first 15 point of electricity damage it takes, whether magical or mundane.

Devil traits
    Most devils possesses the following traits (unless otherwise noted in a creature’s entry).
    • Immunity to fire and poison.
    • Resistance to acid 10 and cold 10.
    • See in Darkness (Su): Some devils can see perfectly in darkness of any kind, even that created by a deeper darkness spell.
    • Summon (Sp): Some devils share the ability to summon others of their kind (the success chance and type of devils summoned are noted in each monster description).
    • Telepathy.

Gaze of madness (Su)
    Range 30 feet , Will save against DC 20 negates. The target loses the ability to speak for one minute and only bleats instead, which causes him to suffer a 20% chance of spell failure when casting spells with a verbal component. In addition, if he if successfully affected by a fear effect with a DC of 25 of higher while under the effect of his ability, he is confused for 1d4 rounds instead. Lastly, he is treated like a goat for the purpose of the Capralotarg´s Command spell-like ability. The save DC is Charisma based.

Fire immunity (Ex)
    The creature takes no damage from spells with the [Fire] descriptor or other fire based effects.

Fiendish fortitude (Ex)
    A goat devil is immune to mundane diseases and poisons and has a +4 racial bonus on saving throws against those that are magical in nature or created by spells, like the druid´s Poison spell

Quadruped
    The goat demon´s centaur-like body can carry up to 798 pounds as a light load, between 804 and 1356 pounds as a medium load, and between 1602 and 2400 pounds as a heavy load.
    In addition, he is always treated as mounted and uses his own Strength score while using the overrun action.

Pounce (Ex)
    When a Capralotarg makes a charge, it can follow up with a full attack.

See in darkness (Su)
    The devil can see perfectly in darkness of any kind, even that created by a deeper darkness spell.

Spell like abilities (Caster level 15) save DCs are Charisma based (base DC 13+spell level)
    At will Greater teleport self and fifty pounds of objects only, Divine favor, Doom, Endure elements , Inflict light wounds, protection from good, Command (goats, antelopes, chamoises and similarly hircine creatures only) (1-st level)
    5/day- Bull´s strength,Bear´s endurance, Cat´s grace, Darkness, Delay poison, Fox´s cunning, Eagle´s splendor, Inflict moderate wounds, Owl´s wisdom. (2nd level)
    4/day Fireball, Bestow curse, Blindness/deafness, Dispel magic, deeper darkness, Hold person, Magic circle against good, Magic circle against chaos. Remove blindness/deafness (3rd level)
    3/day: Unholy smite (reverse of holy smite, also counters it and vice versa), Unholy blight (4th level)
    2/ day Blade barrier, Insect plague, Mass inflict light wounds, Slay living, True seeing (5th level)
    1 day Heal, Harm, Heroes´ feast (6th level)
    1/week: Blasphemy (7th level)

Trample (Ex)
    2d6+ 15 points of bludgeoning damage, Reflex save against DC 22 negates. The DC is Strength based.

This is the first time I´ve made a quite so powerful monster, so PEACH please. I´m mostly afraid of those SLAs because I was just basically pulling spells that looked good at random from the Blackguard´s list and then added some Cleric ones for good measure Also, just Pounce might not be good or special enough by itself.
    Last edited by ScIaDrd; 2011-11-20 at 11:51 AM.
    78% of DM's started their first campaign in a tavern. If you're one of the 22% that didn't, copy and paste this into your signature.

I started mine in the Players´ house in a large elven city.
    Boring, duh.
    GENERATION 17: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig and add 1 to the generation. social experiment

My Paladin´s to-be motto:
    Peace and love through superior firepower and divine righteousness.
    If you approve, copy and paste this into your signature.

3. - Top - End - #63
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by ScIaDrd View Post
    -Snip-
    Gah... gah... gah... I think I'm in love.

But yes, I really like this, I'd probably hug you if I could. Thank you.

ps. Could someone give me my lower jaw back if they stumble upon it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mike_G View Post
    So please, by Anthony Bourdain's left nut, do not call gravy blood.
    Quote Originally Posted by Trekkin View Post
    the only way to get it into space was to build the atmospheric stages on top of it like a 400-ton hat made of fire and structural inadequacy.

4. - Top - End - #64
    Dwarf in the Playground

[QUOTE=ScIaDrd;12206555]H710

Here you go, I had a lot of fun of with this one. But I kinda slacked on the CR here, so it needs a PEACH, please.
    Ovial slime
    Spoiler
    Show
    Ovial slime
    Small Ooze
    3d10 HD (19HP)
    Speed 30 ft. (6 squares);
    Init: +7 (+3 dex, +4 improved intitiative)
    AC 15; touch 14 flat-footed 12
    (10+1 size +3 dex ,+1 natural)
    BAB +1; Grp -1 (BAB+1, Str mod. +2, size mod -4)
    Attack Slam +4 melee (1d6+2 bludgeoning damage)
    Full-Attack Slam +4 melee (1d6+2 bludgeoning damage)
    Space 5 ft.; Reach 5 ft.
    Special Attacks-
    Special Qualities Blidsight 60ft, Congeal, Fire vulnerability, Ooze traits
    Saves Fort +1 Ref +1 Will +1
    Abilities Str 15, Dex 16, Con 12, Int -, Wis 10, Cha 8
    Skills -
    Feats Improved intitiative<sup>B</sup> , Weapon finesse<sup>B</sup>
    Environment Any
    Organization Solitatary, pair, gang (3-6) slime mould (3-10) or colony (2-24)
    Challenge Rating 1
    Treasure None
    Alignment Alaways True Neutral
    Advancement 4- 6 HD (Medium), 7-9 (Large)
    Level Adjustment-

You fought valliantly to protect the lair of Akanthor the Noble from the servants of the dark cult who sought to steal the eggs of the kindhearted white dragon while he was away. You were sucssful and drove them off, but yet, they captured one.
    Resolved to not let the attackers corrupt if only a single egg into a terrible monstrosity, you cast a flight spell on yourself and your companions to give chase. Soon you catch up with the last three assailants remaining, extend you hand and unleash a barrage of force darts at the one who seems the most heavily injured. He scremms and plummets as the enchament of flight leaves his dying body, and large a large leather bag that has a bright blue egg stuck in hole in the side slip stom his back.
    Then , in a moment of terrible silence where the cruses of all involved could be as much as felt,
    You take a daring nosedinve, after a few more seconds of horror, snatch the bag with your magic and return to solid ground, leaving your companion to finish off the or two thieves
    Wihle inspecting the, satchel, you are shocked to see the egg is cracked, but when you touch it with a spell for mending, its shell is suudently consumed from the inside out by a glob of translucent slime a with a faint tinge of blue. It sems to be somehow many times larger that the egg ifrom which it came. Having seen far stranger things in life, you are barely suprised, but osverve with the curiosity of s sage as the ball of phlegm starts roaming around with rudimentary itelligence, and nibbling at objects, around it comfirming to be a creature of some sort. Then you see it attempt to devour a flask of alchhemist´s fire, the contents spill out and ignite, and the creature sizzles and thickens like an egg poured into a frying pan. Overcame with curiosity, you try to scoop it up a into your bag of holding , only to dicover that its pseudopodia hit with enough force to make you stagger.

An ovial slime stands abuot two and half feet tall, and weighs 40 pounds.

Combat
    Like all mindless oozes, ovial slimes spend their time roaming around looking for food wihich neans anything and everything organic, and also for a way to procreate by impregating hard shelled eggs (for example of birds and dragons) with their slime, that turns the oganic tissues into more of itself.
    Because of this, these jellies are non-aggressive and wil leave large most humaniodss alone unless they are hungry. However the have sense of selfpresservation and will devite most of their efforts to run when thei HP drops to 1/6 of their normal total.

Blidsight (Ex)
    The body of an ovial slime is a primitve sensory organ that can ascertain objects and creatures within 60 feet.

Congeal (Ex)
    Every time the ovial slime takes fire damage at least equal to 1/6 of it´s total hitpionts
    (3 hp fot this particular one) it´ s jelly tissues congeals and smoothens like a fried egg , giving it a +1 natural armor bonus, a +1 bonus to Escape artist checks and a +1 circumstance bonus to grapple checks as it´s s surface becomes smoother, and more able do deflect impact and at the same time more able to adhere to rough surfaces. For every addtional sixth of total hitopits they lose these bonuses increase by +1 until the oze dies. These improvement persist for 10 minutes from the time when the last increment of the bonuses was added.

Fire vulnerablity
    An Ovial ooze takes half again as much (+50%) damage from spells with the [Fire] descriptor, and other fire based effects, both mundane and magical.

Ooze traits
    An ooze possesses the following traits (unless otherwise noted in a creature’s entry).
    • Mindless: No Intelligence score, and immunity to all mind-affecting effects (charms, compulsions, phantasms, patterns, and morale effects).
    • Blind (but have the blindsight special quality), with immunity to gaze attacks, visual effects, illusions, and other attack forms that rely on sight.
    • Immunity to poison, sleep effects, paralysis, polymorph, and stunning.
    • Some oozes have the ability to deal acid damage to objects. In such a case, the amount of damage is equal to 10 + ½ ooze’s HD + ooze’s Con modifier per full round of contact.
    • Not subject to critical hits or flanking.
    • Proficient with its natural weapons only.
    • Proficient with no armor.
    • Oozes eat and breathe, but do not sleep.

Plot hooks
    -A wizard intrested in the creation of artificial life forms intends to find out whteher onvial smiles can be made from the eggs of other than blue dranons and has sent you to a mountain where yound dragons have feast to celadrate the laying of eggs with asilme stoved away in your backpack. Survival definitely takes precedence over scientific knowledge now, but the wizard doesn´t think so.
    -A wild magic storm has caused a huge swarn of ovial slimes to appear near an isolated village and they are hungry and about to reach the peasants. Stop the manace and figure out what has caused the oozes to appear.

C: 711

Sorry for the extremely late reply.

Anywho... the slime is, in a word, awesome :D Thank you very, very much.

I'll give it a playtest and see what happens.
    Last edited by The Second; 2011-11-18 at 09:38 PM.

5. - Top - End - #65
    Ogre in the Playground

R724

D&D 3.5

An LA+0 race of agile bird people. Medium sized, crow and raven like, and lacking the actual ability to fly. Maybe give them the ability to shapechange into a bird (or rather, a bird person from a bird) like hengeyokai.

I'm making a campaign world called Nevermore and don't have all the requisite material to homebrew everything myself, so I'll be visiting this thread often.
    GLORIOUS SOVIET SNAIL SUPERTECHNOLOGY

Comrade L.E.S.S. by The Mad Hatter!

Quote Originally Posted by Viper9090 View Post
    My weirdest nightmare has just been replaced.
    (Recaiden) He lives!
    (Firedaemon33) Ia! Ia! TechnoScrabble F'Taghn!
    My job requires I leave without warning or explanation sometimes. I should be back within a few days each time.

6. - Top - End - #66
    Colossus in the Playground

H724: Soooo... A kenku? Swap out the mimicry and great ally abilities for a crow/raven alternate form, and I think it's exactly what you asked for.

7. - Top - End - #67
    Ogre in the Playground

I suppose that works. Thanks!

R725 and R726

D&D 3.5

Since I utterly suck at coming up with new classes, I need some help with these two. And there might be more, later.
    First, I need a new spellcaster base class that uses arcane magic. The Arcanist. In the world I'm going to use them in, Arcanists are descendants of lesser gods and immortals that bred with mortal spellcasters. While they lack the spellcasting power of the Wizard (Actually a separate race in this world) or the Sorcerer, they become closer to their ancestors as they gain experience and undergo duress, until finally they become unto minor deities themselves. At that point, when they die they actually become protege gods to whatever god fits their aspect.
    Basically, at the beginning, the player chooses one or two elements or aspects, like fire, water, war, knowledge, love, etc. and can learn and cast spells as a wizard, though not as many a day or as high level as soon. As they level up, they gain powers and spell like abilities pertaining to the two aspects they chose. Once they're fully leveled, they should be on par with wizards of the same level, though in different ways.

That covers 725, I think. Now onto 726.

I need a class that can rage and use their voice to manipulate the world. Like a cross between a barbarian and dovahkiin. Pretty simple, right?

(Recaiden) He lives!
    My job requires I leave without warning or explanation sometimes. I should be back within a few days each time.

8. - Top - End - #68
    Troll in the Playground

PirateGirl

c 719

The above mentioned Goat Demon needs severe editing as it contains numerous errors. HD didn't include bonus hp from con so hp is also wrong, speed is too slow for a huge creature, Huge size penalty modifier missing from AC and attack, creatures get iterative attacks from manufactured weapons, BAB is just +15 (BAB is never iterative). Hoof is not a slam attack and natural weapons when mixed with manufactured weapons are always secondary. It gets 126 skill ranks (max of 18 in any one skill) and then you add ability modifiers and synergy bonuses. Saves are +9 and then you add the appropriate ability modifiers. It has a Hide penalty due to size and Dex so that should be listed even if it has no ranks in that skill.

A quadruped monster with arms should be able to take the feats mounted combat, ride-by attack, spirited charge, and trample without the need for meeting the prerequisites. See for example the Centaur entry in Races of Faerûn. I don't recommend giving them as racial feats, but it doesn't make sense for a creature to need to "ride itself." It certainly cannot fall off itself or need to steer itself. The prerequisite of Ride 1 is silly under these circumstances.

Improved natural armor is a wasted feat on this monster. Improved means you have to add to its initial natural armor and you didn't do that. Just assign it +11 NA and be done with it. It should have a replacement feat.

The plural of bonus is bonuses not bonii (in Latin the plural is "bona").

Here is the corrected creature in spoiler

Spoiler
    Show

Goat Devil (Capralotarg)
    Huge Outsider (Evil, Fire, Lawful)
    Hit Dice: 15d8+60 (127 hp)
    Speed: 30 ft (6 squares)
    Initiative: +5 (+1 Dex +4 improved initiative)
    Armor Class: 22 (+1 Dex,+13 natural -2 size); touch 9; flat-footed 21
    BAB/Grapple: +15/+28
    Attack: Hoof +18 melee (2d6+5) or Huge +5 flaming burst keen unholy lance +23 melee (3d6+10 plus 1d6 fire plus 2d6 against creatures of Good alignment plus additional 2d10 fire on a successful critical hit/19-20/x3)
    Full Attack: Huge +5 flaming burst keen unholy lance +23/+19/+14 melee (3d6+10 plus 1d6 fire plus +2d6 against creatures of Good alignment plus additional 2d10 fire on a successful critical hit/19-20/x3) and 2 hooves +13 melee (2d6+5) and gore +13 melee (2d6+2)
    Space/Reach: 15 ft./10 ft. (30 ft. with lance)
    Special Attacks: Breath Weapon, Conflagration, Gaze of Madness, Pounce, Spell-like Abilities, Trample (2d6+7)
    Special Qualities: DR 10/good, devil traits, electricity resistance 15, fiendish fortitude, quadruped, spell resistance 15 (35 with scarab of protection), see in darkness , telepathy 60 ft. ( to creatures with language only)
    Saves: Fort +13 (+17 against magical poisons and diseases) Ref +10, Will +7
    Abilities: Str 20, Dex 12, Con 18, Int 8, Wis 10, Cha 16
    Skills: Bluff +21, Concentration +13, Heal +9, Hide -7 (-8 size penalty), Intimidate +18, Listen +18, Spot +18, Sense motive +4, Knowledge (religion) +8, Knowledge (planes) +8, Perform (pan pipes ) +13, Profession (winemaker) +4
    Feats: Improved initiative, mounted combat, power attack, ride-by attack, spirited charge, trample
    Environment: Any lawful- and evil aligned plane
    Organization: Solitary, deputy (1 goat demon plus 1-3 chain devils or 1-6 bearded devils) or council (1-8 goat demons plus 2d4 erinyes or 2d12 imps, or 2-6 chain devils or 1-12 bearded devils)
    Challenge Rating: 18
    Treasure: double gold; standard gems; 15% half art; 45% standard magical items, plus +5 flaming burst keen unholy, huge-sized lance and (3d6+10 piercing,+2d6 against creatures of Good alignment, +2d10 fire on a successful critical hit)19-20/x3, masterwork instrument (Pan pipes) plus pipes of pain or pipes of sounding (50% chance of one) and scarab of protection (+20 SR if held for one round, 1d12-3 charges of protection against negative energy left)
    Alignment: Always lawful evil
    Advancement: 15-19 HD (Huge) 20-38 HD (Gargantuan)
    Level Adjustment:

Edit: Trample does hoof damage (normally slam) plus 1 and 1/2 Str bonus. The save should half the damage not negate it. I also corrected the damage on its attacks. Hoof uses full Str bonus and Gore is 1/2 Str bonus. There is no attack that uses double Str bonus. The melee attack size has a -2 size penalty (it is not he +8 size modifier used by Grapple).

C 711

The above ooze creature needs some editing. Mindless creatures don't get feats in addition to not getting skills. Giving it two bonus feats is probably not appropriate either.

C 725 and C726

I thought creating base classes was beyond the scope of this thread.

R 695 again. See page 1 second entry in this thread and my first post in this thread. Just thought I'd bump my request up. Thanks.

Debby
    Last edited by Debihuman; 2011-11-23 at 06:05 PM. Reason: added stuff
    P.E.A.C.H. Please Evaluate And Critique Honestly. Being nicer and kinder doesn't hurt either. Note I generally only critique 3.5 and Pathfinder material.
    Please, please, please when using non-core material, cite to the books. There are too many books to wade through to find the one with the feat, special ability or spell you use.
    my creations in homebrew signature thread

9. - Top - End - #69
    Ogre in the Playground

Is that so? I must have missed it. Apologies.

(Recaiden) He lives!

10. - Top - End - #70
    Orc in the Playground

Devil

R 727
    I'm just starting up a new campaign, and was wondering if anyone would be able to homebrew up a Thrall of Kostchtchie Prestige Class. I would like it in a similar vein as the Thralls in the Book of Vile Darkness. I would prefer to have a 10 level PrC with relatively simple prerequisites. The abilities I'm looking for are an expansion on the Barbarian's abilities, along with some cold-themed traits like immunity to cold, maybe even the cold sub-type.

If anyone is able to do this, thanks a lot.
    Best comment I've heard in a D&D game:

Our bard after succeeding in 2 4e grapple checks to slam a female opponent who kind of looks like Ayn Rand:

"I JUST POWERBOMBED AYN RAND!"

11. - Top - End - #71
    Ogre in the Playground

R 728: What are ideas for puzzles? I tried searching this thread but nothing seemed to stick out has anyone every created some based on EL level or such. How does one begin the basis of a good puzzle? I have some real thinkers in my group.

12. - Top - End - #72
    Ogre in the Playground

C 725
    while a full class workup is a bit much; I can provide some useful seeds for building such a class;
    The simplest way to build such a thing would be to use the cleric domain lists from 3.5 or pathfinder.
    Have the arcanist pick 2 at start; and he gains the powers of the list; and the ability to 1/day spell-like use the spells from each domain that he's a high enough level to cast (ie each level's domain spell is a 1/day ability once they're high enough level to cast them); and they auto learn those spells in case they want to use their regular slots to cast them too.
    If you use the domain lists from pathfinder, they have a few more extra powers per domain; those might fit your needs better than the 3.5 domain powers.
    I'm sure you can work out a suitable spells/day progression yourself; just use some 0's so that they can use the domain spell-likes a level or two before they can cast spells of that level (barring int bonuses to spells/day pumping it up)

all other base numbers are easy to copy frmo existing casters.

13. - Top - End - #73
    Titan in the Playground

C 727 & 728 Per the first post, "The Homebrew Should Be Fairly Small in Scope" so that the answer should easily fit in one post. I believe a prestige class and a general question about puzzles requiring multiple answers are beyond the scope of this thread. Try starting a new thread in the homebrew section.
    Last edited by ericgrau; 2011-12-08 at 10:54 PM.
    So you never have to interrupt a game to look up a rule again:
    My 3.5e Rules Cheat Sheets: Normal, With Consolidated Skill System
    TOGC's 3.5e Spell/etc Cards: rpgnow / drivethru rpg
    Utilities: Magic Item Shop Generator (Req. MS Excel), Balanced Low Magic Item System
    Printable Cardstock Dungeon Tiles and other terrain stuff (100 MB)

14. - Top - End - #74
    Ogre in the Playground

R 729: Very well on the first request. Perhaps this one is a bit smaller.

I'm looking for a possible explosive charged arrow, that explodes on impact. If anyone has seen Dukes of Hazzard, Bo and Luke Duke, used arrows with TNT strapped to it and slung them around with a bow.
    Path of the Nefarious: A Way of the Wicked Journal.
    Please take a look at the adventures of my group going through Fire Mountain Games's Way of the Wicked, An evil based Pathfinder Compatible adventure path.
    http://d20evil.blogspot.com/

15. - Top - End - #75
    Bugbear in the Playground

H 727
    I don't actually know anything about Thralls or Kostchtchie, but this inspired me:

Prerequisites: evil, rage, proficiency with warhammer

{table=head]level|fort|ref|will|bab|special
    1|2|0|0|1|rage +1/day
    2|3|0|0|2|cold be hand
    3|3|1|1|3|rage +2 str
    4|4|1|1|4|cold be heart
    5|4|1|1|5|rage +1/day
    6|5|2|2|6|cold be bone
    7|5|2|2|7|rage +2 con
    8|6|2|2|8|cold be sleep
    9|6|3|3|9|rage +1/day
    10|7|3|3|10|in the black wind[/table]
    HD: d12
    Skills: 2+int
    Class skills: Climb , Intimidate, Jump, Knowledge (religion), Survival, Swim

rage +1/day: rage once more than you already could

cold be hand: all your melee attacks to an additional 1d6 cold damage, and count as magic and evil for overcoming dr

rage +2 str: when you rage, increase your strength by 2 more than you already would

cold be heart: You may use abilities requiring concentration while raging. Also, you are incapable of genuine love or friendship, making you immune to charm effects.

cold be bone: immunity to cold

cold be sleep: Death begins to seep into your body. Like an undead, you are immune to poison and precision damage.

in the black wind: Gain a breath weapon: 15' cone of cold. Usable 3/hour. Does 5d6 damage. Reflex for half, dc 15+con mod.

16. - Top - End - #76
    Barbarian in the Playground

Goblin

R 730: I would like a playable genie race as close to 0 LA as possible for Pathfinder

The main important thing would be that they are an actual genie, not descended from or some sort of half-breed.
    An ability most likely at later levels somehow involving wishes would be awesome
    Last edited by togapika; 2011-12-20 at 02:54 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Fredaintdead View Post
    *high fives*
    Someone get this man a medal, because he either reads my posts or my mind.

Avvy by azuyomi244
    A Warforged Warlock who thinks he's a gnome in a power-suit?

17. - Top - End - #77
    Firbolg in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by killem2 View Post
    R 729: Very well on the first request. Perhaps this one is a bit smaller.

I'm looking for a possible explosive charged arrow, that explodes on impact. If anyone has seen Dukes of Hazzard, Bo and Luke Duke, used arrows with TNT strapped to it and slung them around with a bow.
    @R729

One:
    Take 1 arrow: check.
    Take 1 alchemists fire: check.
    Replace head of arrow with alchemists fire: Check.
    Nock and loose arrow.

Two:
    1: Take 1 Explosive rune,
    2: tie to arrow
    3: Nock and Loose
    4: Trigger rune.

Three:
    Take 1 fireball spell
    Enchant 30 arrows
    Fire arrows
    Watch explosions.

Any of these help?
    Internet currently unreliable, please have patience.

[COLOR="Red"]We require additional Pylons.
    Spoiler
    Show
    I am a
    Spoiler
    Show
    Neutral Good Human Cleric(2)/Monk(3)/Ranger(2)/Sorcerer(4)
    With the Ability Scores:
    Strength-16
    Dexterity-16
    Constitution-18
    Intelligence-17
    Wisdom-14
    Charisma-14

My pets:
    Spoiler
    Show

Kitten:
      /l、
    ゙(゚、 。 7
     l、゙ ~ヽ
     じしf_, )ノ
    Bunny
    /\ /|
    \ V/
    | "")
    / \ \
    *(__\_\

18. - Top - End - #78
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Ralasha View Post
    @R729

One:
    Take 1 arrow: check.
    Take 1 alchemists fire: check.
    Replace head of arrow with alchemists fire: Check.
    Nock and loose arrow.

Two:
    1: Take 1 Explosive rune,
    2: tie to arrow
    3: Nock and Loose
    4: Trigger rune.

Three:
    Take 1 fireball spell
    Enchant 30 arrows
    Fire arrows
    Watch explosions.

Any of these help?
    The, first one is possible. The second and third, since it isn't me firing I'm not sure I can be very helpful.

Thanks, I will run this by our ranger.
    Last edited by killem2; 2011-12-20 at 10:53 AM.
    Please take a look at the adventures of my group going through Fire Mountain Games's Way of the Wicked, An evil based Pathfinder Compatible adventure path.

19. - Top - End - #79

No problem, but as you can guess, I have a tendency to aggravate my DMs.

In this one campaign the bad guy was really obvious, and supposed to be the end boss, so I just killed him way to early... as in walk into tavern, old man appears, detect evil, kill old man.
    No longer paladin, just used bebolith venom.

Another instance: all doors trapped, rogue dead, dig through wall.

Another instance: End fight, evil aligned titan,
    Quicken transmute stone to mud.
    Transmute mud to stone.
    Use trapped titan for target practice.
    Last edited by Ralasha; 2011-12-20 at 06:30 PM.

Spoiler
    Show
    I am a
    Spoiler
    Show
    With the Ability Scores:
    Strength-16
    Dexterity-16
    Constitution-18
    Intelligence-17
    Wisdom-14
    Charisma-14

My pets:
    Spoiler
    Show

Kitten:
      /l、
    ゙(゚、 。 7
     l、゙ ~ヽ
     じしf_, )ノ
    Bunny
    /\ /|
    \ V/
    | "")
    / \ \
    *(__\_\

20. - Top - End - #80
    Titan in the Playground

Ugh hate that trick. It makes sandstone. A titan can't break free from sandstone?

Anyway, C729 / H729-2
    The standard pricing is 40 gp (2000/50 = 40) * effective-bonus * effective-bonus. So for +1 flaming (1d6 fire) it's 160 gp. For +1 flaming burst (1d6 fire, plus 2d8 more on a crit) it's 360 gp.

Now to metagame this a bit: These arrows suck except at high levels or except when saved for major foes like BBEGs; normally you get an even nicer bow first. So I'll discount them to balance for low level play, make them alchemical like you seem to want, and prevent (ab)use at high levels. I'll say 75 gp for +1d6 fire damage, and this may be multiplied by a crit. These alchemical arrows may not be enchanted; even when fired from a magic bow they don't deal extra magical damage. They also set fire to easily ignitable things like dry brush, tinder, curtains, etc., but not most other objects and creatures.
    Last edited by ericgrau; 2011-12-21 at 01:08 AM.
    Utilities: Magic Item Shop Generator (Req. MS Excel), Balanced Low Magic Item System

21. - Top - End - #81

Quote Originally Posted by ericgrau View Post
    Ugh hate that trick. It makes sandstone. A titan can't break free from sandstone?
    Could you break free if you were buried to your neck?
    Quote Originally Posted by ericgrau View Post
    Anyway, C729 / H729-2
    The standard pricing is 40 gp (2000/50 = 40) * effective-bonus * effective-bonus. So for +1 flaming (1d6 fire) it's 160 gp. For +1 flaming burst (1d6 fire, plus 2d8 more on a crit) it's 360 gp.

Now to metagame this a bit: These arrows suck except at high levels or except when saved for major foes like BBEGs; normally you get an even nicer bow first. So I'll discount them to balance for low level play, make them alchemical like you seem to want, and prevent (ab)use at high levels. I'll say 75 gp for +1d6 fire damage, and this may be multiplied by a crit. These alchemical arrows may not be enchanted; even when fired from a magic bow they don't deal extra magical damage. They also set fire to easily ignitable things like dry brush, tinder, curtains, etc., but not most other objects and creatures.
    One problem, he wants explosive, not burning. Difference. It's why I suggested explosive arrows... but for some reason he said no.

Spoiler
    Show
    I am a
    Spoiler
    Show
    With the Ability Scores:
    Strength-16
    Dexterity-16
    Constitution-18
    Intelligence-17
    Wisdom-14
    Charisma-14

My pets:
    Spoiler
    Show

Kitten:
      /l、
    ゙(゚、 。 7
     l、゙ ~ヽ
     じしf_, )ノ
    Bunny
    /\ /|
    \ V/
    | "")
    / \ \
    *(__\_\

22. - Top - End - #82
    Ogre in the Playground

but for some reason he said no.
    Some reason? You make it sound like I said no, but didn't explain anything.

I thought I explained why, see, I'm a wizard, but the person shooting the arrows is a ranger. Sure, I could put a rune on the arrow, but then I would have to waste an action to watch when the arrow is about to hit, to make the rune go off. Not to mention I'm not even sure how you accurately portray something like that in terms of skill checks/ability rolls.

Explosive runes seems to be set off when read, I didn't think just calling out the key word would do it. Would it?

I thought a TNT equal or gunpowder usage was available in D&D. I just didn't see anything that put the two together.

23. - Top - End - #83
    Ogre in the Playground

Could you break free if you were buried to your neck?
    More accurate question, could you break free if buried up to your neck in peanut brittle?
    Feel free to PM me if you want something PEACHed. I may not be one of the greats, but I'll do it if you ask.

"One of us is tender,
    One of us is not,
    One of us takes vengeance,
    All four tied in a knot
    "

My homebrew

(U)sually in any game situation the biggest control freak will gravitate towards the job of being the GM anyway.

24. - Top - End - #84
    Ogre in the Playground

I apologize, I just found some info in my old 3.0 DMG on dynamite.

Dynamite - 3d6 blast damage, 5ft radius, fire damage, dc 20, 1/2 damage. increment of 10ft, weight 1lb.

Not sure what happens if you were to strap that to an arrow though. I'd imagine the chance to hit would drop. -5? -10? Not sure.

25. - Top - End - #85

-4 penalty actually, improvised weapon.

Spoiler
    Show
    I am a
    Spoiler
    Show
    With the Ability Scores:
    Strength-16
    Dexterity-16
    Constitution-18
    Intelligence-17
    Wisdom-14
    Charisma-14

My pets:
    Spoiler
    Show

Kitten:
      /l、
    ゙(゚、 。 7
     l、゙ ~ヽ
     じしf_, )ノ
    Bunny
    /\ /|
    \ V/
    | "")
    / \ \
    *(__\_\

26. - Top - End - #86
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by killem2 View Post
    R 728: What are ideas for puzzles? I tried searching this thread but nothing seemed to stick out has anyone every created some based on EL level or such. How does one begin the basis of a good puzzle? I have some real thinkers in my group.
    C 728: Hmm... that's a toughie, especially since I don't know where in a campaign it's going. I'd recommend looking at things that the puzzle episode of Teen Titans for ideas. (the one where Titans East had to face puzzles like Mas y Menos hitting buttons on opposite ends of a city) But yeah, long story short, take the players abilities and create puzzles that need them used creatively.
    An example from my own campaigns is one time our paladin was chasing an elephant-riding kobold. He decided to stand up in his saddle, have his mount jump, and jump himself at the peak of the jump.

R 731: Can I get a Fey race with low LA (low being +0 or +1)? I'd also want a Half-Fey race (like half-elves)
    Avatar by Venetian Mask. It's of an NPC from a campaign I may yet run (possibly in PbP) who became a favorite of mine while planning.

Quote Originally Posted by Razanir View Post
    Everyone knows frying pans are actually weapons that people repurpose for cooking
    I am a 10/14/11/15/12/14 LG Clr 2

27. - Top - End - #87
    Halfling in the Playground

R 732: I would like if someone could make a trio of domains representing the three aspects of the Triforce in the Legend of Zelda games. So basically a Courage, a Wisdom and a Power domain.

R 733: I would also appreciate if someone could make a playable, living construct version of a Flesh Golem. Basically a 0 LA Frankenstein's Monster.
    Calumon Avatar courtesy of Akrim.elf

Pathfinder Legend of Zelda Races

28. - Top - End - #88
    Bugbear in the Playground

H 732

Courage
    You are immune to all supernatural fear effects.
    1 Remove Fear
    2 Heroism
    3 Good Hope
    4 Freedom of Movement
    5 Heroism, Greater
    6 Heroes’ Feast
    7 Fear Immunity (caster level willing creatures become immune to all fear effects for 24 hours)
    8 Heroism, Greater, Mass (like Heroism, Greater, but caster level creatures)
    9 Reject Death (for caster level rounds, you cannot die except by your own will. At the end you take 6 points of constitution damage. The damage cannot be prevented.)

Wisdom
    1/day, add you class level to your wisdom score for a single action.
    1Comprehend Languages
    2 Owl's Wisdom
    3 Detect Thought
    4 Discern Lies
    5 Commune
    6 Owl's Wisdom, Mass
    7 Legend Lore
    8 Hypercognition (as psionic power)
    9 Contact Other Plane, Greater (like Contact Other Plane, but contacted creatures never lie to you and you may use a will save instead of an intelligence check to protect your mind)

Power
    A number of times per day equal to half your class level rounded up, you may either add a +2 bonus to any die roll you make or inflict a -2 penalty to any die roll made against you. Declare the use of this power before the roll.
    1 Command
    2 Bull's Strength
    3 Fear
    4 Divine Power
    5 Dominate Person
    6 Symbol of Pain
    7 Bite of the Werebear
    8 Symbol of Death
    9 Dominate Monster

Spells with descriptions in parenthesis I made up for this.
    Last edited by dspeyer; 2011-12-22 at 12:26 AM.

29. - Top - End - #89
    Dwarf in the Playground

R734 can someone make a pathfinder version of a khayal form ToM including a noble version of it. Please and thank you.
    only darkness is truly eternal

credit for avatar goes to vrythas

30. - Top - End - #90
    Titan in the Playground

H 733

Souled Flesh Golem
    Unlike a regular flesh golem a souled flesh golem contains the willing or unwilling soul of a creature from the material plane rather than an earth elemental soul. It is genderless and created with the spell create souled flesh golem (below). Its type is monstrous humanoid.

A souled flesh golem gains +2 to strength and -2 dexterity. It has darkvision 60' and low light vision. It has a +2 to saving throws against mind affecting effects, poison, sleep effects, paralysis, stunning, disease, death effects, and necromancy effects, and an additional +2 to all fortitude saves except those that also affect objects. It is, however, alive (aliiiive), and it eats, drinks, sleeps, thinks and breaths.

Spell Resistance
    It has spell resistance equal to 5 + its hit dice. A magical attack that deals cold or fire damage slows him instead (as the slow spell), with no save nor SR. A magical attack that deals electricity damage instead removes the slow condition and heals 1 HP for every 3 damage it would deal, with no save or SR. It gains any excess as temporary HP which last for up to 1 minute. This temporary HP does not stack with other jolts nor other sources of temporary HP; instead use the highest of any sources. Positive energy healing such as cure spells have no effect on souled flesh golems, though inflict spells work normally (except for spell resistance and the save bonus vs. necromancy, see above). Nonmagical sources of energy damage deal damage normally, even electricity.

Create Souled Flesh Golem
    Transmutation
    Level: Sor/Wiz 6

This spell takes the soul of a deceased creature and places it into an amalgam of body parts. The creature's new race becomes a souled flesh golem. The creature must be imbued with a soul during stormy weather, or using another very large source of electricity. This spell may also be forcefully cast on a trapped soul, for example from a trap the soul spell. Otherwise this spell works as reincarnate, except as indicated.

Focus
    An alchemist's lab.

Material Components
    Laboratory supplies costing 1,000 gp. Body parts from at least 4 different corpses. The original creature may still be raised from the dead with the remainder of the body, though in the case of a raise dead spell body parts will be missing. Assembling the body requires a DC 13 craft (leatherworking) check or a DC 13 heal check.
    Last edited by ericgrau; 2011-12-23 at 05:45 PM.