New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 44 of 50 FirstFirst ... 193435363738394041424344454647484950 LastLast
Results 1,291 to 1,320 of 1472
  1. - Top - End - #1291
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: Request a Homebrew: Thread 2!

I'm keeping the PsyRan at the same power level as the regular Ranger because nothing was said otherwise.

H 1050 - Variant Class: Psionic Ranger
    It's not even a Drizz't knockoff.

Gain
    Psionic Rangers become manifesters at level 4, gaining power points, powers known, and maximum power levels as indicated on the table below.
    Spoiler
    Show

Level Power Points/Day Powers Known Maximum Power Level Known
    4 0 2 1
    5 0 3 1
    6 1 5 1
    7 1 6 1
    8 2 8 2
    9 2 9 2
    10 3 11 2
    11 3 12 3
    12 4 14 3
    13 4 15 3
    14 5 17 4
    15 5 18 4
    16 6 20 4
    17 6 21 4
    18 7 23 4
    19 7 24 4
    20 8 26 4

Use the Psychic Warrior power list for Psionic Ranger powers.

Mindlink (Ps): The psionic ranger can use the mindlink power as a psi-like ability at will. However, only once instance of mindlink can be active at a time and he cannot use it on unwilling targets.

Combat Style: In addition to archery and two-weapon fighting, the psionic ranger can select the psionic combat style. If he does, he gains Psionic Meditation as a bonus feat, even if he does not meet its prerequisites.

When gaining the benefits of improved combat style, he gains the ability to obtain psionic focus as a swift action.

When gaining the benefits of combat style mastery, he gains psionic focus at the beginning of his turn if he did not have it already.

Astral Companion: At level 4, the psionic ranger has control over an astral construct as if he had cast the spell astral construct, but no psionic or magical connection is required to command the creature and it is unaffected by attempts to dispel or negate psionics or magic. The astral construct is only with the psionic ranger when he is conscious, disappearing when he loses consciousness and reappearing within 5 feet when he regains consciousness.

If the astral construct is destroyed, it disappears until 24 hours have passed before reappearing as above. Loss of HP or any other condition inflicted on the astral construct fades after the ranger rests for 8 hours. Each time the psionic ranger levels up, he may choose new abilities from the menus for his astral construct, but otherwise the astral construct must appear with the same menu selections as it had when the psionic ranger last leveled up.

The level of the astral construct is dependent on the level of the psionic ranger, as indicated on the table below:
    Spoiler
    Show

Psionic Ranger Level Astral Construct Level
    4 1
    5 1
    6 2
    7 2
    8 3
    9 3
    10 4
    11 4
    12 5
    13 5
    14 6
    15 6
    16 7
    17 7
    18 8
    19 8
    20 9

Mettle: At 9th level, if a makes a successful Fortitude or Will saving throw against an attack that inflicted a partial effect on a successful save, he instead ignores the partial effect.

Lose
    Wild Empathy, Animal Companion, Spells, Evasion
    Last edited by Just to Browse; 2014-10-21 at 03:56 PM.
    All work I do is CC-BY-SA. Copy it wherever you want as long as you credit me.

2. - Top - End - #1292
    Barbarian in the Playground

Post Re: Request a Homebrew: Thread 2!

R 1057 (Thanks for the correction!)

I request a 3.5 class that is a full gish-esque of Binder and Warlock, with focus on one weapon (called a Pact Blade), and proficiency with only light armor and no shields.
    Name it with whatever name makes sense to you.
    Last edited by Ralcos; 2014-08-28 at 09:59 AM.
    Sweet Kobold from Vault 13 by ThePrez1776 !

"If the powers that be are angry, give them a weapon."

Homebrew:

3. - Top - End - #1293
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Ralcos View Post
    R 1051 (?)

I request a 3.5 class that is a full gish-esque of Binder and Warlock, with focus on one weapon (called a Pact Blade), and proficiency with only light armor and no shields.
    Name it with whatever name makes sense to you.
    This would be R 1057. If it's not done by the time I do my last one, I'll get it.

4. - Top - End - #1294
    Orc in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by gurgleflep View Post
    R1044:
    Translation: we would like a catfolk/drow hybrid race, if you wonderful folks have got the time Thanks!
    H1044:

Shadowmanes are a unique fusion of the Catfolk and Elven races that can only take place in the subterranean domains of the Drow. The unusual magical energies of those regions permit two races which would otherwise be unable to conceive children together to be able to do so. While most shadowmanes are produced as a result of Drow experiments, natural Shadowmane births have occured from mating pairs of Drow and Catfolk in the Underdark.

Shadowmanes appear largely as do other Catfolk with the exceptions that the fur covering their bodies is always dark in color, typically black or grey. However, their manes, the hair around their heads, can vary in color from black to silver, grey or white.

Size: Shadowmanes are Medium creatures and have no bonuses or penalties due to their size.

Type: Shadowmanes are humanoids with the Catfolk subtype.

Base Speed: Shadowmanes have a base speed of 40 feet.

Low-Light Vision: If there is no light within 30 feet of you, you treat shadows in that radius as normal light, and you treat darkness in that radius as shadows.

+1 racial bonus on Listen, Search, Spot and Move Silently checks.

+1 racial bonus on Will saves against spells and spell-like abilities.

Spell-Like Abilities: Shadowmanes can use the following spell-like abilities once per day: dancing lights, darkness, faerie fire. Caster level equals the shadowmane’s class levels.

Light Blindness: Abrupt exposure to bright light (such as sunlight or a daylight spell) blinds shadowmanes for 1 round.
    On subsequent rounds, they are dazzled as long as they remain in the affected area.

Ability Score Racial Traits: They gain +2 Dexterity, +1 Charisma, -1 Wisdom, -1 Constitution.

Weapon Proficiency: A shadowmane is automatically proficient with the hand crossbow, the rapier, and the short sword.

Languages: Shadowmanes begin play speaking Common, Catfolk and Elven. Shadowmanes with high Intelligence scores can choose from the following languages: Abyssal, Draconic, Drow Sign Language, Goblin, and Orc.

Favored Class: Ranger or Rogue.

5. - Top - End - #1295
    Firbolg in the Playground

R 1058
    I'd like to request a martial discipline for using weapons from the Flail group, that allows you to attack someone with a whip or something and pull yourself towards that person or use your weapons to swing away, primarily so I can play Hazama from Blazblue in Pathfinder with the Path of War rules.
    Spoiler: Old Avatar by Aruius
    Show
    http://i133.photobucket.com/albums/q56/Zeritho/Koboldbard.png

6. - Top - End - #1296
    Dwarf in the Playground

R 1059

I'm looking for a arcane caster with a random spells available mechanic as with the crusader's maneuvers.
    Edit: typo

7. - Top - End - #1297
    Ogre in the Playground

The class is definitely more powerful than taking something like Sorc+5 or Wiz+5, but I put in a feat requirement so the decision to take Channeler Adept isn't 100% obvious.

H 1053: The Channeler Adept

Prerequisites:
    • Skills: Concentration 6 ranks
    • Feats: Combat Casting
    • Spells: Capable of casting a spell with Duration: Concentration

Class Overview
    BAB: Poor
    Good Saves: Will
    Skills: This class has the same skills as the one that is advanced in the Spellcasting class feature.
    Skill Points per Level: 2 + Intelligence modifier
    Hit Dice: d6

Level Special Spellcasting
    1 Swift Channel +1 level of existing class
    2 Ultimate Concentration +1 level of existing class
    3 Resistance to Disruption +1 level of existing class
    4 Balanced Channeling +1 level of existing class
    5 Perfect Calm +1 level of existing class

Class Features

Armor and Proficiencies: Channeler adepts gain no proficiencies with weapons or armor.

Spellcasting: When a new channeler adept level is gained, the character gains new spells per day (and spells known, if applicable) as if he had also gained a level in a spellcasting class he belonged to before he added the prestige class. He does not, however, gain any other benefit a character of that class would have gained. This essentially means that he adds the level of channeler adept to the level of some other spellcasting class the character has, then determines spells per day, spells known, and caster level accordingly.

Swift Channel (Ex): At level 1, a channeler adept can concentrate on spells as a swift action. Other than the action cost, this works as normal for concentration (including forced skill checks when interrupted).

In addition, a channeler adept can cast spells even while concentrating on another spell.

Ultimate Concentration (Ex): Once per day, when a 2nd level channeler adept would be forced to make a concentration check while casting a spell due to interruption, he may instead ignore the concentration check forced by the interruption.

The channeler adept can spend a swift, standard, or move-equivalent action to regain the daily usage of this ability.

Resistance to Disruption (Su): A level 3 channeler adept can cease concentrating on a spell for 1 round and then resume concentrating on it in the next round. For the round that the channeler adept is not concentrating on the spell, it acts as normal for breaking concentration, but the channeler adept can resume concentration if he chooses to spend an action on it next round. Spells with targets or affected areas are not reselected when the channeler adept resumes concentration, but he must remain within range of the target or area or else he cannot resume concentrating on the spell.

Spell durations continue to count down even when not concentrated on. For example, a detect magic spell would only last 6 minutes if cast by a Wizard 3 / Channeler Adept 3 that skipped concentrating on it every round, and a wall of fire cast by the same character would disappear during off-rounds after the 7th time he skipped concentrating on it.

Balanced Channeling (Ex): At level 4, a channeler adept can also concentrate on spells as a move-equivalent action.

Perfect Calm (Ex): At 5th level, a channeler adept can choose to concentrate on a spell for an ally if that ally is within 30 feet of the channeler adept. If the ally is ever outside the range or the channeler adept stops concentrating on the spell, that ally must spend an action to concentrate on the spell on their next (or current) turn or else the spell acts as if concentration was broken. The channeler adept cannot use Resistance to Disruption on allied spells.

In addition, when the channeler adept is concentrating on at least two spells, he gains a +3 resistance bonus to all saves and armor class.
    Last edited by Just to Browse; 2014-09-04 at 06:44 AM.

8. - Top - End - #1298
    Titan in the Playground

R 1060:
    For a prestige class I'm making, themed on bringing lucid dreams into reality: several invocations. You will be credited. Guidelines:

One Dark invocation, themed to fit:
    ...the dreamer who exults in creating elaborate vistas within his own mind. It includes the creation of both illusions and real objects.
    If it creates an object or illusion that lasts longer than a round, it should be Concentration duration. Not just doing that is okay, though - I've already got one that enhances mobility by creating steppingstones, for example. Feel free to stretch the theme, as long as it's not combat self-buffs, minionmancy, or mind-control (those are other categories).

Two Lesser and two Dark invocations, themed to fit:
    ...the dreamer who imagines bending the minds of others to their will, ruling over all either overtly or from the shadows. It includes invocations to confuse or distract, to command others or to form servants from nothing.
    Again, you can stray a bit as long as it stays in the general area.

More than asked for is also fine - it gives more options to choose from, and the numbers here are just enough to bring me to the minimum I wanted before posting the project (there's room for more). I tried to come up with everything on my own, but it's been about a week since I had any new ideas, so I thought I'd crowdsource the last bits.
    Quote Originally Posted by jamieth View Post
    ...though Talla does her best to sound objective and impartial, it doesn't cover stuff like "ask a 9-year-old to tank for the party."
    My Homebrew

9. - Top - End - #1299
    Ogre in the Playground

C 1057
    I'm not sure if this is a base or prestige class. Can you clarify? Base classes are generally outside the scope of this thread. But if I'm just mashing two classes together and don't have to think up special rules, I can do it.

Would you like it to have multiple vestiges? Is it OK If I severely cut down the I vocations (relative to the warlock)? Are you OK with me giving it a larger hit die and more skills than the binder and warlock?

C 1059
    As I told our good friend above, base classes are usually outside the scope of this thread, especially if they need a brand new subsystem. I could write you a 5-lvl base class, but you'll need to fill the rest.

Is there a theme you want this to fill? Sorcererous? Divine inspiration? Should it be for a tank or a back line mage or what?

10. - Top - End - #1300
    Barbarian in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Just to Browse View Post
    C 1057
    I'm not sure if this is a base or prestige class. Can you clarify? Base classes are generally outside the scope of this thread. But if I'm just mashing two classes together and don't have to think up special rules, I can do it.

Would you like it to have multiple vestiges? Is it OK If I severely cut down the I vocations (relative to the warlock)? Are you OK with me giving it a larger hit die and more skills than the binder and warlock?
    This is just a base class idea I had. I'll say that your ideas are fine.
    Didn't know that this thread didn't really allow classes. Will keep that in mind for next time.
    Sweet Kobold from Vault 13 by ThePrez1776 !

"If the powers that be are angry, give them a weapon."

Homebrew:

11. - Top - End - #1301
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Ralcos View Post
    This is just a base class idea I had. I'll say that your ideas are fine.
    Didn't know that this thread didn't really allow classes. Will keep that in mind for next time.
    It's up the in the OP.

The Homebrew Should Be Fairly Small in Scope: Requests should be for homebrew that could be easily contained in one post - asking for a whole new base class or magic system would be a bit too much for this thread. The concept here is really for DMs to request something they expect to use in short order and don't have the time to develop themselves.
    Just keep it in mind in the future! I will try and write something simple that stays around warlock balance level.

12. - Top - End - #1302
    Dwarf in the Playground

C 1059
    As I told our good friend above, base classes are usually outside the scope of this thread, especially if they need a brand new subsystem. I could write you a 5-lvl base class, but you'll need to fill the rest.

Is there a theme you want this to fill? Sorcererous? Divine inspiration? Should it be for a tank or a back line mage or what?
    My request is obsolete now. I found a suitable homebrew :)
    Last edited by snailgosh; 2014-09-01 at 11:00 AM.

13. - Top - End - #1303
    Pixie in the Playground

Dunno if this thread can include new weapons, but if it does, I would like someone to make 3.5 and Pathfinder stats for the messer and the kriegsmesser.

The messer is, essentially, a sword-sized knife used by the German commoners since the laws forbid them from owning actual swords. The kriegsmesser is it's two-handed version.

Picture of a messer (let's refer the one-handed version as Grosse Messer):

Picture of a kriegsmesser:

I know that I would like the Grosse Messer in the one-handed weapon category and the kriegsmesser on the two-handed one, but would they be simple, martial or exotic? How much damage can they do when wielded by small-sized and medium-sized people? Their crit multiplier? How much will they cost? Damage type?

Anyway, thank you for taking the request.
    Last edited by Raging Ghost; 2014-09-01 at 02:21 PM.

14. - Top - End - #1304
    Ogre in the Playground

I am not doing my normal quality control on this creation because I don't have enough experience with the binder. The result here is just mashing the two classes together into one with features removed, so it probably suffers from abnormal power spikes and a low optimization floor.

H 1057: The Bindlock
    Lightsaber not included.

Class Overview
    BAB: 3/4
    Good Saves: Will
    Skills: All class skills of the Binder and Warlock
    Skill Points per Level: 4 + Intelligence modifier

Level Special Invocations Known Maximum Vestige Level
    1 Pact blade 1d6, soul binding - 1
    2 Invocations (least) 1 1
    3 Pact blade 2d6, detect magic 1 1
    4 1 2
    5 Pact blade 3d6, soul sight 1 2
    6 2 2
    7 Pact blade 4d6 2 3
    8 Invocations (least, lesser) 2 3
    9 Pact blade 5d6, arcane sight 2 3
    10 2 4
    11 Pact blade 6d6 2 4
    12 3 4
    13 Pact blade 7d6 3 5
    14 4 5
    15 Pact blade 8d6, invocations (least, lesser, greater) 4 5
    16 4 6
    17 Pact blade 9d6, true seeing 4 6
    18 5 6
    19 Pact blade 10d6 5 7
    20 Perfected Soul 5 7

Class Features

Armor and Weapon Proficiencies: Bindlocks are proficient with their pact blade, simple weapons and light armor, but not with shields.

Pact Blade (Sp): While bound to a vestige, a bindlock can summon a weapon called a pact blade as a swift action. This lasts until dismissed (a free action) or until the vestige is unbound. This one-handed weapon requires a melee touch attack to hit, dealing the listed damage on the class table for the bindlock (critical 20/x2). Strength modifier and damage from Power Attack do not apply to this damage. The weapon cannot be destroyed, but is treated as a spell with a level equal to the number of dice used to calculate its damage and a caster level equal to the bindlock's level.

The bindlock can specify the Pact Blade for weapon-specific effects such as the feat Weapon Focus.

Soul Binding (Su): As the binder. The bindlock develops a stronger control over the personality of his vestiges and can ignore the influence of a vestige, but cannot use Charisma-based skills or make Charisma checks when ignoring the vestige. If he chooses to make a Charisma check or use a Charisma-based skill, he loses the ability to ignore the influence of a vestige until he unbinds his current vestige.

Invocations: As the warlock. The bindlock re-selects his invocations daily with 5 minutes of meditation after waking up (similar to preparing spells, but shorter).

Detect Magic (Sp): The bindlock can cast detect magic at will, as a sorcerer of the same level as his bindlock level.

Soul Sight (Su): The bindlock's power over vestiges and eldritch magic allow him to see by the light of living beings. To his eyes, medium and larger living creatures give off bright illumination in a 60 foot radius. This light behaves like regular light. Smaller creatures give off light in half the radius per size category smaller than medium.

At level 11, even non-living creatures give off illumination corresponding to their size.

Arcane Sight (Sp:) The bindlock can cast arcane sight at will, as a sorcerer of the same level as his bindlock level.

True Seeing (Sp): The bindlock can cast true seeing at will, as a sorcerer of the same level as his bindlock level.

Perfected Soul: At level 20, the bindlock can choose to either gain access to a single dark invocation (which cannot be re-selected like his other invocations, but does not count against his 5-invocation limit) or the ability to bind a single 8th-level vestige in addition to the vestige he is normally capable of binding.
    Last edited by Just to Browse; 2014-09-04 at 07:34 AM.

15. - Top - End - #1305
    Troll in the Playground

PirateGirl

Quote Originally Posted by Raging Ghost View Post
    Dunno if this thread can include new weapons, but if it does, I would like someone to make 3.5 and Pathfinder stats for the messer and the kriegsmesser.
    Please number your requests. This seems to be R. 1061.

C. 1061

These are basically a shortsword and a greatsword as far as I can tell. Just rename them and use the same stats.

Debby
    P.E.A.C.H. Please Evaluate And Critique Honestly. Being nicer and kinder doesn't hurt either. Note I generally only critique 3.5 and Pathfinder material.
    Please, please, please when using non-core material, cite to the books. There are too many books to wade through to find the one with the feat, special ability or spell you use.
    my creations in homebrew signature thread

16. - Top - End - #1306
    Halfling in the Playground

R. 1062
    A Mystic Brawler Archetype.
    Using the Brawler Hybrid class from Pathfinder I wanted to add a bit more mysticism too it and perhaps lean it more toward the Monk then the Fighter.

Basically the Brawler is great for unarmed damage but having school things like running on walls and so forth is always kinda sweet.

17. - Top - End - #1307
    Ogre in the Playground

C 1060
    I made one invocation that I think is sufficiently unique that you won't have already written something like it. Before I write the others, I'd like a quick list of the invocations that you thought of in the second category so that I don't accidentally make any copies. I could make basic minion-summoning and basic charms/commands, but if you've already written those then I think it would be unproductive. Thank you for the link!

More invocations to come. Watch this space. Done.

H 1060: Miscellaneous Invocations

H 1060a: Fantasy of the World

Earthen Prison
    Dark; 8th
    This invocation allows you to create a 20-ft radius prison of stone within medium range. Enemies in the area when the spell is cast, or those that end their turn in the area, are entangled and immobilized as the stone seals them in.

At the start of a creature's turn, they can make a Strength check. Large and larger creatures receive a +4 bonus on this check per size category they are larger than medium. Succeeding on this check allows them to break free from the effects of the prison, while failing the check deals them 5d6 damage as the stone grabs tighter around them.

This invocation must be concentrated on and lasts up to 1 round per level.

H 1060b: Fantasy of the Weaver

Open the Mind
    Lesser; 4th
    You can grant yourself the ability to observe the presence of intelligent minds within 60 feet of you (as if you had studied the area with detect thoughts for 2 rounds) with a duration of 24 hours. In addition, you can converse with any creature that you detect with this effect as though you were under the effects of tongues.

Oneiric Servant
    Lesser; 3rd
    You can conjure one unseen servant with special enhancements that constantly serves you. Unlike the regular spell, this servant lasts until dismissed (but you can only have one at a time), has no maximum range, and cannot take area damage. The servant can occupy the same square as another creature, and when doing so gives that creature a -2 morale penalty to saves. Creatures affected by this penalty know that it has to do with their location. You are immune to the penalty.

Eldritch Summons (Eldritch Essence)
    Dark; 7th
    Whenever you deal damage with an eldritch blast, you can summon a formless creature called an Eldritch Minion within 5 feet of the damaged target. This minion has hit points equal to the damage dealt by your eldritch blast. It can only take one standard action at the end of your turn and it cannot move on its own. The minion disappears after 1 round per caster level.

Monster: Eldritch Minion
    Size/Type: Medium Outsider
    Speed: 0 ft.
    Armor Class: 30, -5 for touch and -5 for flat-footed
    Grapple: +15
    Attack: +25 (eldritch blast damage)
    Full Attack: +30 (eldritch blast damage)
    Special Qualities: DR 10/-
    Saves: Fort +12 Ref +12 Will +12
    Abilities: Str - , Dex - , Con - , Int - , Wis - , Cha -

If you spend a standard action, you can summon an Eldritch Minion with maximum hit points within short range. Only one Eldritch Minion can exist from this invocation at a time.

Living Nightmare
    Dark; 9th
    You force all targets within a cone of up to medium range to suffer the effects of phantasmal killer. You can grant any target you can see a +6 bonus to both saves against this effect. Each consecutive round you use this invocation, you must make a Will save (DC 10 + 5 for each consecutive round you used the invocation beforehand) or fall helpless for 1 round as you are wracked by the nightmares that you send at your enemies.
    Last edited by Just to Browse; 2014-09-07 at 06:18 PM.

18. - Top - End - #1308
    Ettin in the Playground

C 1060Before I write the others, I'd like a quick list of the invocations that you thought of in the second category so that I don't accidentally make any copies. I could make basic minion-summoning and basic charms/commands, but if you've already written those then I think it would be unproductive.
    Wasn't it stated that those aren't desirable in the first place?
    Spoiler: Vanity quotes
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Strigon View Post
    Wow.
    That took a very sudden turn for the dark.

I salute you.
    Quote Originally Posted by AuthorGirl View Post
    I wish it was possible to upvote here.

I use braces (also known as "curly brackets") to indicate sarcasm. If there are none present, I probably believe what I am saying; should it turn out to be inaccurate trivia, please tell me rather than trying to play along with an apparent joke I don't know I'm making.

19. - Top - End - #1309
    Titan in the Playground

...though Talla does her best to sound objective and impartial, it doesn't cover stuff like "ask a 9-year-old to tank for the party."
    My Homebrew

20. - Top - End - #1310
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by enderlord99 View Post
    Wasn't it stated that those aren't desirable in the first place?
    C 1060
    That's for the first request. His second is:

...the dreamer who imagines bending the minds of others to their will, ruling over all either overtly or from the shadows. It includes invocations to confuse or distract, to command others or to form servants from nothing.
    Which is explicitly minionmancy and mind control.

21. - Top - End - #1311
    Ogre in the Playground

Double post.

C 1060
    Finished invocations requested.

C 1061
    I'm pretty much with Debby on this one. If you really wanted to make the messer and kriegsmesser different, you could make them simple weapons but give them a speed and attack penalty.
    Last edited by Just to Browse; 2014-09-07 at 01:38 AM.

22. - Top - End - #1312
    Dwarf in the Playground

R 1063
    I would appreciate it if you could make a feat--or series of feats--based around cleverly taking advantage of the environment and terrain. Some specific requests include: areas with a lot of trees, grass taller than a person, ice, brambles, difficult terrain, the back of a creature large enough to fight on, sand or snow, high ground, mud or water high enough to impede movement, cramped quarters, a door, an incline, and a field of broken glass (although any additional environmental factors would be appreciated).
    My Homebrew:
    3 Elemental Feats
    Vgilmat, the race of little giants (with accompanying archetypes and feats)

23. - Top - End - #1313
    Titan in the Playground

Double post.

C 1060
    Finished invocations requested.

C 1061
    I'm pretty much with Debby on this one. If you really wanted to make the messer and kriegsmesser different, you could make them simple weapons but give them a speed and attack penalty.
    C 1060:
    Thanks. Looking through them now, will add them to the document, credit you, and post it in Homebrew soon.
    My Homebrew

24. - Top - End - #1314
    Troll in the Playground

PirateGirl

Quote Originally Posted by dragonjek View Post
    R 1063
    I would appreciate it if you could make a feat--or series of feats--based around cleverly taking advantage of the environment and terrain. Some specific requests include: areas with a lot of trees, grass taller than a person, ice, brambles, difficult terrain, the back of a creature large enough to fight on, sand or snow, high ground, mud or water high enough to impede movement, cramped quarters, a door, an incline, and a field of broken glass (although any additional environmental factors would be appreciated).
    C.1063

Earth Devotion feat from Complete Champion already lets you move through any difficult terrain.

Moving through cramped quarters is simply squeezing. Do you really want to waste a feat on that?

Fighting on top of a creature would be a feat based on climbing such as this one (not my creation but written originally by Eiji-kun)

Colossus Climber [Fighter, Tactical]
    Large opponents pose no problem to you, as you bravely scale their bodies and stab at their undersides, making it difficult for them to hit you in the process.
    Prerequisites: Climb 6 ranks, Balance 6 ranks, Improved Grapple.
    Benefit: With this tactical feat you can do three separate things when facing opponents at least two sizes larger than you.
    1. Body Climb: Make a grapple attempt, with size penalties reversed for the defender (so that the larger they are, the easier they are to grapple). If successful, you move into their space. They are not considered grappled, although you are. You have cover against the enemy you are currently climbing. To remove you the enemy can take a standard action to shake you off with a Strength check, and you may make Climb checks instead of Strength checks when opposing.
    2. Vital Strike: While climbing an opponent, you can take a full attack action to attempt to strike a critical blow against your opponent. Your critical threat range increases by +2, and you gain +4 bonus to confirm your critical hit. After making a vital strike, regardless if it was a critical hit, you take a -5 penalty on climb checks to stay on for 1 round.
    3. Stop Hurting Yourself: If anyone attempts to attack you while your are climbing an opponent, you can choose to replace your Armor Class by your Climb check against one attack, and the blow instead strikes against the creature you are climbing (who may be hurting itself, if it is the attacker). You can do this once a round. Afterwards, you take a -5 penalty to Climb checks to stay on, for 1 round.

Normal: You cannot climb large things normally.
    Special: A fighter may select this feat as one of his fighter bonus feats.

Debby
    P.E.A.C.H. Please Evaluate And Critique Honestly. Being nicer and kinder doesn't hurt either. Note I generally only critique 3.5 and Pathfinder material.
    Please, please, please when using non-core material, cite to the books. There are too many books to wade through to find the one with the feat, special ability or spell you use.

25. - Top - End - #1315
    Orc in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Debihuman View Post
    C.1063

Earth Devotion feat from Complete Champion already lets you move through any difficult terrain.

Moving through cramped quarters is simply squeezing. Do you really want to waste a feat on that?
    C. 1063

Passing through difficult terrain isn't the same as cleverly taking advantage of it. I'm not trying to speak for anyone, of course, but I think the sort of thing that's being looked for would be:

Being able to hide in plain sight while in forest or high grasslands even in combat, so as to disengage or re-engage with a surprise attack even though combat has already started.

Or, being able to use swinging through the trees to maneuver around an opponent avoiding their attacks of opportunity to flank them or some such.

Or an arctic ranger type being able to better camouflage himself in snow. Or elves in forest ("They came out of the trees, man! Out of the trees!")

Or a bonus to initiative in specific terrains. Or an improved ability to catch an enemy flatfooted when in specific difficult terrain.

Or say two elves with the same feat being able to gain a free five foot step to exchange their positions in combat while in forested terrain.

That sort of thing. I think.

26. - Top - End - #1316
    Ogre in the Playground

Took a crack at it. This hopefully covers everything you wanted.

H 1063 - Environment-Based Combat Feats

Quick Feet
    Prerequisites: 4 ranks in at least one of: climb, swim, jump, balance
    Benefit: You can take 10 on climb, jump, swim, and balance checks if you have at least 4 ranks in those skills, even in situations where you normally couldn't.

In addition, if you land an attack on a creature while they are standing in difficult terrain or an area that requires them to make balance checks (such as slippery ice or a rocking ship), you can spend a swift action to give them a -3 circumstance penalty to Reflex Saves and Armor Class for 1 round. You can also do this if you have high ground against the enemy.

Special: Fighters can take this feat as a fighter bonus feat.

Lurker
    Prerequisites: Disguise and Hide 4 ranks
    Benefit: Trees and terrain features that would normally provide cover additionally provide you with concealment.

In addition, with 5 minutes of prep time, you can create disguises using things found in your environment, which grants a +10 circumstance bonus to hide checks while in that environment. You can create these disguises for other creatures as well. The amount of time required to make the disguise doubles for each size category larger than medium (Large 10min, Huge 20min, etc).

Everything is a Weapon
    Prerequisites: Martial weapon proficiency
    Benefit: You can use improvised weapons at no penalty. You can also use large objects to substitute as shields -- chairs and small tables tend to be about as useful as a large shield, while doors are better approximated as tower shields. Some DMs allow this normally, but if they don't then you get free reign of improvisation with this feat.

You can make a quick attempt to throw someone off by leveraging your environment in a way that distracts of beguiles them. As a swift action, make a ranged touch attack against a target within 5 ft. per base attack bonus. You do not provoke attacks of opportunity for this attack. If it hits, roll on the table below:

d4 Effect
    1 The creature suffers a 20% miss chance on attack rolls for 1 round.
    2 The creature takes piercing damage equal to 1d4 plus your base attack bonus.
    3 The creature moves 10 feet slower for 1 round. This is calculated before halving speed, such as when entangled.
    4 Most common*

*The most common effect is ruled by the DM. For instance, they may choose that a roll of a 4 in a desert or snowy environment would result in a miss chance, and that a mountain with loose rocks would result in damage, or that deep water or mud would result in a speed reduction.

Bouncing off the Walls
    Prerequisites: BAB +1, Climb or Jump 4 ranks
    Benefit: As a swift action, you can grant yourself the ability to run along walls or ceilings until the end of your turn. You must begin and end your turn on a surface that you can stand normally (like a floor) or you are subject to falling as normal. If you are adjacent to a wall or an object that grants cover, you gain cover.

You can also run on top of a creature larger than you by making a grapple, climb, or balance check opposed by the creature's grapple check (competence bonuses do not apply). Success allows you to spend 10 feet of movement per size the creature is larger than you in order to get on top of it (at which point you are always considered flanking it with high ground), while failure ends your movement immediately. On its turn, the creature can spend a swift or move action to try and knock you into an adjacent square by making a grapple check opposed by your grapple, climb, or balance check.

Last edited by Just to Browse; 2014-09-08 at 03:43 PM.

27. - Top - End - #1317
    Troll in the Playground

PirateGirl

Quote Originally Posted by The Witch-King View Post
    C. 1063

Passing through difficult terrain isn't the same as cleverly taking advantage of it. I'm not trying to speak for anyone, of course, but I think the sort of thing that's being looked for would be:

Being able to hide in plain sight while in forest or high grasslands even in combat, so as to disengage or re-engage with a surprise attack even though combat has already started.

Or, being able to use swinging through the trees to maneuver around an opponent avoiding their attacks of opportunity to flank them or some such.

Or an arctic ranger type being able to better camouflage himself in snow. Or elves in forest ("They came out of the trees, man! Out of the trees!")

Or a bonus to initiative in specific terrains. Or an improved ability to catch an enemy flatfooted when in specific difficult terrain.

Or say two elves with the same feat being able to gain a free five foot step to exchange their positions in combat while in forested terrain.

That sort of thing. I think.
    C. 1063

I beg to differ with you on this but I can address each issue.

The Brachiation Feat from Masters of the Wild already allows you to swing through the trees like a monkey :-)

Hiding In Plain Sight is a Class Ability and should never be given as a feat. If you want the ability, take levels in the appropriate class.

The Camouflage spell from Spell Compendium (and a bunch of other sources) allows you change your coloring to match the environment surrounding you and gives you a +10 competence bonus on Hide checks.

ired)Being a ranger in Pathfinder gives you Favored Terrain. Since 3.5 doesn't have this, it could be a feat.

In 3.5 A ranger can take Favored Environment instead of Favored enemy (See variant rules here http://www.d20srd.org/srd/variant/cl...reVariants.htm). I'm not a fan of turning class abilities into feats as I think it dilutes the classes too much. [Note Pathfinder Rangers get this automatically]

If you don't mind taking things from Pathfinder, the Swap Places feat from Advanced Races Guide allows you to trade places with an ally.

Swap Places (Combat, Teamwork)
    You are skilled at changing places with your ally during a chaotic melee.
    Benefit: Whenever you are adjacent to an ally who also has this feat, you can move into your ally’s square as part of normal movement. At the same time, your ally moves into your previous space as an immediate action. Both you and your ally must be willing and able to move to take advantage of this feat. Your ally must be the same size as you to utilize this feat. Your ally does not provoke an attack of opportunity from this movement, but you provoke as normal. This movement does not count against your ally’s movement on his next turn.

Debby
    Last edited by Debihuman; 2014-09-08 at 03:34 AM.

28. - Top - End - #1318
    Titan in the Playground

C 1060:
    The class is up now, here.
    My Homebrew

29. - Top - End - #1319
    Pixie in the Playground

DwarfBarbarianGuy

Requesting a Class

A Baseball Player :D

30. - Top - End - #1320
    Troll in the Playground

PirateGirl

Quote Originally Posted by lorkar View Post
    Requesting a Class

A Baseball Player :D
    Number your request please. I think it is R. 1064.
    Last edited by Debihuman; 2014-09-10 at 01:29 PM.