New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 47 of 50 FirstFirst ... 223738394041424344454647484950 LastLast
Results 1,381 to 1,410 of 1472
  1. - Top - End - #1381
    Troll in the Playground

Post Re: Request a Homebrew: Thread 2!

R 1085

"Master of the Mind" or similar name - A 3-5 level prestige class for 3.5e that focuses on synergy between the Enchantment and Illusion schools of magic. Full spellcasting progression is a must, and it should be accessible to both arcane and divine casters.
    Last edited by Debatra; 2014-10-27 at 10:32 AM.
    Kaedanis Pyran, tai faernae.

The LA Assignment Threads: Attempting to Make Monsters Playable Since 2016

My Homebrewer's Extended Signature
    Spoiler: Quotes
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Lycan 01 View Post
    Roland just endorsed a crack pairing?

Did... did we break the universe?
    Quote Originally Posted by SassyQuatch View Post
    It is a major flaw in the game. Destroy a moon? Sure. Talk to somebody a hundred miles away, that's going to be difficult.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rizban View Post
    Realistically speaking... D&D style magic doesn't exist, so... let's ignore reality.

2. - Top - End - #1382
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: Request a Homebrew: Thread 2!

H 1080: Gifted Avian
    Somewhat relevant (mild language)
    Birds are, for whatever reason, more attuned with the magical forces that direct the world. Every once in a while a bird will get caught up in a particular magical phenomenon and come out transformed, gaining mental faculties to rival its humanoid peers. The following are racial traits of the gifted avian:
    • +2 Dexterity, -2 Intelligence, -2 Wisdom, -2 Charisma
    • Magical Beast
    • Tiny
    • Gifted avian base land speed is 10 feet*: In addition, gifted avians have a fly speed of 30 feet (average maneuverability). However they can circle in the air over a single 5 foot square as a move action that provokes attacks of opportunity.
    • Alertness: Gifted avians gain Alertness as a bonus feat.
    • Avian Speech (Ex): Gifted avians can speak with other birds of their previous kind (see Gifted) as if under the effects of speak with animals.
    • Gifted (Ex): All gifted avians were once normal tiny birds of their kind, but all statistics from the previous form are overwritten when they become a gifted avian. However, gifted avians retain the look they previously had, and disguise and bluff checks to imitate that creature automatically succeed unless the opposing creature(s) are well-versed in birdkind or are looking for the gifted avian. In these cases, the gifted avian gets a +10 circumstance bonus on their check instead.
    • Good with Talons (Ex)*: The new mental faculties that a gifted avian possesses are supplemented by the ability to use their talons in ways similar to a human hand. This allows them to perform actions the way a human could, such as writing, opening doors, or holding objects (but not wielding weapons) as long as they don't move outside their current square. In addition, all gifted avians have a single natural talon attack that deals 1d4 damage. Iterative attacks can be made with these talons, and if they are the only weapon the gifted avian is using, she can apply 1½ her Strength modifier to the damage.
    • Weakened Concentration (Ex)*: Despite their powers, gifted avians still find it difficult to concentrate. A gifted avian cannot move between squares and use an effect that would require a concentration check when interrupted in the same turn. This means, among other things, that gifted avians cannot move while manifesting, casting spells, or using a spell-like abilities.
    • Automatic Languages: Common
    • Bonus Languages: Any
    • Favored Class: Rogue and Wizard
    • Level Adjustment: +0

*Even when racial traits would be removed (such as from the Rite of Rebirth, see Races of the Dragon p.10), these ones remain.

Extended Consciousness
    If you choose, you can create you gifted avian with the Extended Consciousness racial trait. If you do, the gifted avian cannot use her talons the way humans can use their hands. Instead, she gains the ability to use mage hand as a spell-like ability cast by a sorcerer of the gifted avian's hit dice to perform the same functions, which she may concentrate on as a free action. This use of mage hand is subject to Weakened Concentration.

Race-Specific Changes
    If the specificity of your gifted avian isn't enough, you can use one of the following variants.
    Speaker: In addition to the standard racial ability score modifications, the gifted avian has -4 Strength. She also gains 2 additional automatic languages and 1 rank in the Decipher Script skill.
    Strong Wings: The gifted avian's fly speed increases by 30 feet and she loses the Alertness bonus feat.
    Weak Wings: In addition to the standard racial ability score modifications, the gifted avian has +2 Constitution. Her maneuverability also becomes clumsy and she must end her turn on solid ground or else fall as normal for a flightless creature.

C 1080
    So the race is primarily is designed with full knowledge that a tiny creature without true penalties will be the master race for both casters and rogues. Negative racial traits are imposed to prevent this and funnel the racial choice into more specific builds. Gifted avian casters will have worse kiting and weaker casting stats while gifted avian rogues will lose the ability to use weapons normally. In exchange, both gain excellent hiding and defensive abilities plus flight.

Ravens and Parrots should get Speaker. Chickens should get Weak Wings. Eagles should get Strong Wings.
    Last edited by Just to Browse; 2014-10-29 at 02:31 AM.
    All work I do is CC-BY-SA. Copy it wherever you want as long as you credit me.

3. - Top - End - #1383
    Pixie in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

H1084

Name: Arcane Summoner.

Description: Arcane Summoner's come from the ranks of prepared Arcane casters - notably Wizards - who seek to tether their Familiar to another Plane and gain a measure of the benefits that are otherwise reserved for spontaneous casters. As such, they are treated with a mixed reputation among pure Wizards and Summoners alike - the former scoff at the abandonment of their precise field, and the latter are suspicious of a member of a 'rival' group of magic-users trying to emulate their ways. Arcane Summoners, for their part, take a broader view of the universe around them and are generally more enlightened for it.

Role: Arcane Summoner's fulfill the same basic role as a Wizard; most Arcane Summoners use their augmented Familiar and the boons that arise from a connection to another Plane to pursue the same goals as before they became Arcane Summoners; they may come from all walks of life and being an Arcane Summoner is simply another facet of spell-casting.

Alignment: Any Wizard or other prepared caster may seek the power inherent in augmenting their Familiar - the process tethers the Familiar to the Plane that matches the character's alignment and has no restrictions on whether they are good, evil, chaotic, lawful, or neutral; whether they are a necromancer who seeks to bestow eternal life on their companion after achieving undeath, or simply a traveler who views it as another voyage.

HD: d8.

Requirements:
    To qualify to become an Arcane Summoner, the character must have all of the following.

Alignment: Any.
    Skills: Knowledge (Arcana) 5 ranks, Knowledge (Planes) 5 ranks, Spellcraft 5 ranks.
    Feats: Improved Familiar.
    Spells: Ability to prepare 5th-level Arcane spells.
    Special: Arcane Bond.

Class Skills: Add "Handle Animal", "Use Magic Device", and "Ride" to class skills; as well two Charisma-based skills and one Intelligence-based skill of your choice.

Skill Ranks at Each Level: 2 + Intelligence modifier.

Level Base Attack Bonus Fort Save Ref Save Will Save Special Spells per Day
    1 +0 +0 +0 +1 Transformation, Lesser Life Link +1 level of existing class
    2 +1 +1 +1 +1 Bond Senses, Evolution Pool +1 level of existing class
    3 +1 +1 +1 +2 Shield Ally, Aspect +1 level of existing class

Class Features:

All of the following are class features of the Arcane Summoner Prestige Class.

Weapon and Armor Proficiency: Arcane Summoners gain proficiency with all simple weapons, but not with any armor or shields (including tower shields). Armor interferes with an Arcane Summoner's movements, which can cause their spells with somatic components to fail.
    Spells per Day: When a new Arcane Summoner level is gained, the character gains new spells per day as if they had also gained a level in an Arcane spellcasting class that they belonged to before adding the prestige class. They do not, however, gain other benefits that a character of that class would have gained, except for additional spells per day, spells known, and an increased effective level of spellcasting.
    Transformation: Upon taking the first level of Arcane Summoner, the Familiar (see: Arcane Bond, Improved Familiar) is permanently transformed. It gains the Outsider subtype if it didn't have it already, although it's form remains unchanged. The new Outsider strides a line between Familiar and Eidolon - use the Wizard's Arcane Bond Familiar chart to determine progression based on the master's level. Additionally, the Eidolon Familiar will gain "Link" and "Darkvision" as per the Summoner's Eidolon chart at first level, will grant it's master "Evasion" at second level, and the Familiar will gain +1 to any one ability score at third level (as well as +1 to strength and dexterity at second level). The Eidolon Familiar gains +1 BaB for every level of Arcane Summoner, in addition to other bonuses, it's HD increases to D10 - but only for the three levels of Arcane Summoner, before reverting to normal. The Familiar gains 4 skill ranks for every level of Arcane Summoner in addition to it's other bonuses, and the Familiar may select one feat at the first level of Arcane Summoner and a second feat at the third level of Arcane Summoner. The Familiar gains a +2 bonus to it's AC at third level, use the Eidolon chart to determine saves per level gained in Arcane Summoner (good saves for the Familiar are automatically Reflex and Will).
    Lesser Life Link: The Eidolon Familiar does not lose health points due to distance from it's master; but the master can transfer hitpoints from themselves to their Familiar to avoid the Familiar from being banished back to the plane that best matches the master's alignment; an Eidolon Familiar cannot be banished in any other way (nor can they be killed), but an Eidolon Familiar banished in this way cannot return until the Arcane Summoner next prepares their spells (at which point they will return automatically). The Eidolon Familiar may also transfer hitpoints to it's master to avoid the master dying. An Eidolon Familiar that has been banished returns with 50% of it's original hitpoints.
    Bond Senses: This functions as the Summoner class feature of the same name.
    Evolution Pool: The Familiar Eidolon has 4 Evolution points at second level, and 6 at third; these may be used to select any evolution from the Summoner's Eidolon evolution list that the Familiar Eidolon meets the prerequisites for.
    Shield Ally: This functions as the Summoner class feature of the same name.
    Aspect: This functions as the Summoner class feature of the same name - except you may divert a total of three points to yourself, and this number may not be modified by any feats, traits, items, other abilities, or effects (whether magical or mundane) of any kind.
    Last edited by Coranho; 2014-10-22 at 02:35 AM.

4. - Top - End - #1384
    Colossus in the Playground

Anyone got any wishes or inspirations for something moderately sized? NOt just a feat or a spell, a bit bigger than that. I want to brew ,but I'm not sure what.
    Resident Vancian Apologist

5. - Top - End - #1385
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Eldan View Post
    Anyone got any wishes or inspirations for something moderately sized? NOt just a feat or a spell, a bit bigger than that. I want to brew ,but I'm not sure what.
    Care to take a crack at 1085? Maybe check the Wild Arms link in my sig for some inspiration?

Show

It is a major flaw in the game. Destroy a moon? Sure. Talk to somebody a hundred miles away, that's going to be difficult.
    Realistically speaking... D&D style magic doesn't exist, so... let's ignore reality.

6. - Top - End - #1386
    Titan in the Playground

R.1086

Greetings! Looking for an adaptation of Final Fantasy VI's haunted gallery side quest, particularly the design for the boss monster, which takes possession of a painting.

I would like the sidequest to be in the EL 7-14 range, since the party should be about that level. I was thinking of animated objects as art sculptures that could attack the party before the big showdown, but when it came to the boss itself, the mechanics and the monster to base it on just eludes me.

And help would be much appreciated.

7. - Top - End - #1387

Quote Originally Posted by Debatra View Post
    Care to take a crack at 1085? Maybe check the Wild Arms link in my sig for some inspiration?
    Hmmm. What would you want from it? They are my two favourite schools of magic, but Beguiler really already covers them quite well. I do have a few floating ideas, but they are quite esoteric (Pattern master: you project special patterns that imprint themselves in the target's brain via a memetic interaction, causing enchantment-like effects.)

8. - Top - End - #1388
    Orc in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Just to Browse View Post
    H 1080: Gifted Avian
    This works just fine, I am accepting of your write up and the limitations you have placed for balance. You have given me what I seek, the means of playing an intelligent, talking bird as a character that can take class advancements. There is also nothing that I can see preventing me from having said character be a former familiar following the path of the wizard as thier Master before passing on.

Thank you

Edit: One point of annoyance though is the intelligence penalty, sighs but I guess I can't have everything I had asked for. Of note is that there is such a penalty for all mental stats, but that is your way of limiting Gifted Avian as spellcasters.
    Last edited by JonathonWilder; 2014-10-28 at 09:37 AM.

9. - Top - End - #1389
    Firbolg in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by JonathonWilder View Post
    This works just fine, I am accepting of your write up and the limitations you have placed for balance. You have given me what I seek, the means of playing an intelligent, talking bird as a character that can take class advancements. There is also nothing that I can see preventing me from having said character be a former familiar following the path of the wizard as thier Master before passing on.

Thank you

Edit: One point of annoyance though is the intelligence penalty, sighs but I guess I can't have everything I had asked for. Of note is that there is such a penalty for all mental stats, but that is your way of limiting Gifted Avian as spellcasters.
    Looks at race.
    Damn... That's harsh... No moving in the round where you cast a spell. That makes their flight rather pointless if your a mage, since you fail at flying if you cast a spell....
    Spoiler: Old Avatar by Aruius
    Show
    http://i133.photobucket.com/albums/q56/Zeritho/Koboldbard.png

10. - Top - End - #1390

R1087

Requesting a creature. A portal elemental of sorts. Swirling vortex of possibility that pulls you from one campaign world to another. Need to link Greyhawk, Faerun, and Eberron with these things. Their personality such as it is is aloof, unconcerned. They can be killed and fought, it is just not advised.

Created when a Spelljamming Helm overheats and explodes, or maybe when too many multiple planar tears/fissures overlay in similar multicosmic coordinates.

11. - Top - End - #1391
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Milo v3 View Post
    Looks at race.
    Damn... That's harsh... No moving in the round where you cast a spell. That makes their flight rather pointless if your a mage, since you fail at flying if you cast a spell....
    H 1080
    I tried to draw a distinction in the rules that separated "movement" from "being in one square" such that if the gifted avian didn't move from one square to another, they could cast spells. So flying in place (given to the avian despite average maneuverability) or sitting on a rock lets you use your magic. If that isn't clear, I can try to make it more explicit.

I unfortunately needed to ding every mental ability score to stop it from being caster-master. Polymorph- and Divine Power-esque effects make physical penalties difficult to balance with.

12. - Top - End - #1392

H 1080
    Since average maneouverability requires the creature to move every turn to stay in the air. Staying still in the air doesn't really work.
    Show

13. - Top - End - #1393
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Milo v3 View Post
    H 1080
    Since average maneouverability requires the creature to move every turn to stay in the air. Staying still in the air doesn't really work.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gifted Avian
    Gifted avian base land speed is 10 feet*: In addition, gifted avians have a fly speed of 30 feet (average maneuverability). However they can circle in the air over a single 5 foot square as a move action that provokes attacks of opportunity.
    Underlined for emphasis. I didn't want to make this bit a racial trait because the gifted avian already comes with so many special snowflake rules, but if it's not clear to you I probably need to emphasize it somehow.

EDIT: I edited Weakened Concentration to make the synergy more obvious (in tune with the text from Good With Talons). Is that sufficiently clear?
    Last edited by Just to Browse; 2014-10-29 at 02:34 AM.

14. - Top - End - #1394
    Orc in the Playground

R1088

A 5 level PRC dedicated about swarming enemies with animals.

15. - Top - End - #1395

Quote Originally Posted by unseenmage View Post
    R1087

Requesting a creature. A portal elemental of sorts. Swirling vortex of possibility that pulls you from one campaign world to another. Need to link Greyhawk, Faerun, and Eberron with these things. Their personality such as it is is aloof, unconcerned. They can be killed and fought, it is just not advised.

Created when a Spelljamming Helm overheats and explodes, or maybe when too many multiple planar tears/fissures overlay in similar multicosmic coordinates.
    I'll do that, if no one else wants to. I like elementals.

Actually, will probably make it an aberration or outsider.

16. - Top - End - #1396
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by unseenmage View Post
    R1087

C 1088
    Do you have a recommended CR, should this things be fought alone, and does it need any other kinds of special powers?

EDIT: Ninja'd by 9 hoursby Eldan. I need to learn to refresh my pages...
    Last edited by Just to Browse; 2014-10-30 at 12:21 PM.

17. - Top - End - #1397
    Ogre in the Playground

Double post to avoid previous embarrassment.

R 1085

"Master of the Mind" or similar name - A 3-5 level prestige class for 3.5e that focuses on synergy between the Enchantment and Illusion schools of magic. Full spellcasting progression is a must, and it should be accessible to both arcane and divine casters.
    C 1085
    If I give these benefits and make the class a full-casting class, it will either a) be OP like the incantatrix, or b) need a hard casting-specific nerf that keeps it in line with just taking an extra 5 levels in wizard. Which do you prefer?

Any specific kind of class abilities you want to see? Otherwise I will just invent things.

18. - Top - End - #1398

C1088
    Quote Originally Posted by Eldan View Post
    I'll do that, if no one else wants to. I like elementals.

Actually, will probably make it an aberration or outsider.
    C 1088
    Do you have a recommended CR, should this things be fought alone, and does it need any other kinds of special powers?

EDIT: Ninja'd by 9 hoursby Eldan. I need to learn to refresh my pages...
    Would prefer an elemental but so long as the creature type fits the abilities I'm good with it.

I did imagine them being fought alone. The nice thing about true elementals is they scale. There are smaller ones for lower level CRs and bigger ones for higher level CRs.
    The advent these would be for is ECL7, but I can work with whatever you folk feel like producing.

I'd be making it myself but my plate is so full right now even getting the potted plant in out of the coming cold almost got lost in the shuffle.

19. - Top - End - #1399
    Troll in the Playground

Double post to avoid previous embarrassment.

C 1085
    If I give these benefits and make the class a full-casting class, it will either a) be OP like the incantatrix, or b) need a hard casting-specific nerf that keeps it in line with just taking an extra 5 levels in wizard. Which do you prefer?

Any specific kind of class abilities you want to see? Otherwise I will just invent things.
    C 1085

I guess that depends on what sort of nerf you had in mind.

Maybe some non-crippling penalties to targets' will saves if they've been fooled by your spells that day (believed your illusion, been Charmed, etc.). Maybe Shadow Enchantment, but I'd understand if that might be too much.

Go ahead and invent away.
    Last edited by Debatra; 2014-10-30 at 04:10 PM.

Show

20. - Top - End - #1400
    Orc in the Playground

Underlined for emphasis. I didn't want to make this bit a racial trait because the gifted avian already comes with so many special snowflake rules, but if it's not clear to you I probably need to emphasize it somehow.

EDIT: I edited Weakened Concentration to make the synergy more obvious (in tune with the text from Good With Talons). Is that sufficiently clear?
    That is fine, thank you.

21. - Top - End - #1401
    Ogre in the Playground

C 1085

I guess that depends on what sort of nerf you had in mind.

Maybe some non-crippling penalties to targets' will saves if they've been fooled by your spells that day (believed your illusion, been Charmed, etc.). Maybe Shadow Enchantment, but I'd understand if that might be too much.

Go ahead and invent away.
    C 1085
    Nerfs like heavy prerequisites and making each feature an exchange instead of a flat benefit ("lose 2 spell slots to get ability X" sort of thing).

Some ideas in considering:
    • Casting multiple low-level spells in the same action
    • Reduce a target's saves against you every time you cast against them
    • Affect extra targets with illusions if they're under the effects of your enchantments
    • Mixing schools (illusions become enchantments and vice versa)

The first is probably good for a class designed to blow through minions. The latter two make for a guy that gets more dangerous as you fight him, and the school mixing is for easier optimization. Do you have a direct preference?

Also, what's shadow enchantment?

22. - Top - End - #1402
    Troll in the Playground

C 1085
    Nerfs like heavy prerequisites and making each feature an exchange instead of a flat benefit ("lose 2 spell slots to get ability X" sort of thing).

• Affect extra targets with illusions if they're under the effects of your enchantments

The first is probably good for a class designed to blow through minions. The latter two make for a guy that gets more dangerous as you fight him, and the school mixing is for easier optimization. Do you have a direct preference?

C 1085

I could see the prerequisites including Spell Focus in both schools.

The first in that list is powerful regardless, but probably not right for what I'm looking for. The second... When I mentioned the "noncrippling penalties" thing, I hadn't really expected anything that stacks with itself (or maybe I just misinterpretted your "gets more dangerous as you fight him" comment). I definitely like the third and fourth.

Shadow Enchantment is just a term I made up on the fly for something along the lines of Shadow Conjuration, Shadow Evocation or Shadow Illusion. Again, it might not be the best idea.

I've also come up with a possible capstone, but feel free to trash it if you think it's too much: the ability to bypass immunities up to X times per day. A creature that is normally immune to your spell (Undead, Mind Blank, etc) instead only receives a +Y bonus to their save. Non-immune creatures who would receive a bonus against your spell (Elven +2 vs Enchantments, Dwarven +2 vs Spells, etc) have that bonus negated.

Show

23. - Top - End - #1403
    Orc in the Playground

R1089

A set of artifacts that are all based on improving the user's ability to paint things into reality.

24. - Top - End - #1404

C1089
    So just an enhanced version of marvelous pigments?
    Last edited by Milo v3; 2014-11-04 at 11:50 PM.
    Show

25. - Top - End - #1405
    Titan in the Playground

R.1086

Greetings! Looking for an adaptation of Final Fantasy VI's haunted gallery side quest, particularly the design for the boss monster, which takes possession of a painting. Most likely a demon or evil outsider

I would like the sidequest to be in the EL 7-14 range, since the party should be about that level. I was thinking of animated objects as art sculptures that could attack the party before the big showdown, but when it came to the boss itself, the mechanics and the monster to base it on just eludes me.

Last edited by AlanBruce; 2014-11-05 at 04:03 PM.

26. - Top - End - #1406
    Troll in the Playground

C 1085

C 1085

I could see the prerequisites including Spell Focus in both schools.

The first in that list is powerful regardless, but probably not right for what I'm looking for. The second... When I mentioned the "noncrippling penalties" thing, I hadn't really expected anything that stacks with itself (or maybe I just misinterpretted your "gets more dangerous as you fight him" comment). I definitely like the third and fourth.

Shadow Enchantment is just a term I made up on the fly for something along the lines of Shadow Conjuration, Shadow Evocation or Shadow Illusion. Again, it might not be the best idea.

I've also come up with a possible capstone, but feel free to trash it if you think it's too much: the ability to bypass immunities up to X times per day. A creature that is normally immune to your spell (Undead, Mind Blank, etc) instead only receives a +Y bonus to their save. Non-immune creatures who would receive a bonus against your spell (Elven +2 vs Enchantments, Dwarven +2 vs Spells, etc) have that bonus negated.
    C 1085

So, any other ideas?

Show

27. - Top - End - #1407
    Dwarf in the Playground

R: 1087

I feel this has almost certainly been done before, but my google-fu has failed me.

I'd like stats for the various classes (3m, 6m, 9m 12m, 15m, what have you) of the Titans from Attack on Titan. I'm not really the biggest fan of the show, but I think it makes for an awesome setting. CR should range from 3 to 9 or higher, in fact you could just match CR with the height of the titan. This is for a one-shot with four level 6 PCs. Thanks in advance.
    Last edited by LordotheMorning; 2014-11-11 at 05:48 AM.

28. - Top - End - #1408
    Ogre in the Playground

C 1085
    So I went with two possible concepts. Pick yer favorite and I'll finish fleshing it out. Names are extremely rough.

C 1085a: Shadow Enchanter
    This class is designed to be an optimizer's delight. It follows in the vein of the Shadowcraft Mage and embraces the fact that Shadow Enchantment is probably totally bonkers so the rest of the class might as well be bonkers too. However, emulating every enchantment spell isn't quite as good at emulating every evocation, conjuration (creation), and conjuration (summoning) spell so there are some more goodies for optimizing your character. This completely embraces the fact that it's Tier+2, so don't expect it to be OK with most playgroups.

Prereqs: Level 4 spells, Spell Focus (Illusion and Enchantment), SM/Bluff 4r
    (min level 7 like shadowcraft mage)
    1. Immunity Cracking
    2. Bonus Feat: Wizard list, Silent Illusion
    3. Shadow Enchantment
    4. Bonus Feat: Wizard list, Extended Illusion
    5. Greater Immunity Cracking

Immunity Cracking: 20% + 5%/lvl chance of being able to break through immunity to [Mind-Affecting] abilities. Roll once at the beginning of each turn, and the result affects everything you cast for that turn. Targets get +5 to saves instead.

Silent Illusion: As Shadowcraft Mage

Shadow Enchantment: As Shadowcraft Mage, but enchantments or [Mind-Affecting] illusion spells

Greater Immunity Cracking: If you cast a [Mind-Affecting] spell on a target that is normally immune, you break their immunity until the end of your next turn. +5 to saves instead.

C 1085b: Brain Melter
    This is the guy who throws around spells like it's nobody's business. Your enchantments make your illusions stronger and vice versa. I tried to make it tier+0 or tier+1, but fullcasting makes that hard. Specializing in [Mind-Affecting] spells makes you weaker against a large host of enemies, so the class forces that specialization in order to (sort of) balance out the fullcasting goodies. Unlike the Shadow Enchanter, the Brain Melter allows Sorcerers and Wizards to enter at the same level.

Prereqs: Capable of casting 2nd-level illusion and enchantment spells, Spellcraft 8r, Spell Focus (Illusion or Enchantment).

1. Restricted Casting, Bonus Feat
    2. Momentum Magic
    3. More Targets
    4. Efficient Momentum Magic
    5. Everyone Has A Brain

Restricted Casting: If prepared, you must prepare at least one enchantment spell and one illusion spell of each level you can cast. If spontaneous, you must have at least one spell known of enchantment and one of illusion.

Bonus Feat: Spell Focus (Illusion/Enchantment), whichever one you don't have already.

Momentum Magic: Targets affected by your enchantment spells have a -2 to saves against your illusion spells and vice versa.

More Targets: When a target would suffer a save penalty from your Momentum Magic class feature, you can affect them with an applicable spell in addition to any normal targets. For example, if you affect a target with Crushing Despair, you can cast Phantasmal Killer on them and one other creature instead of the spell's normal single target. You can only do this with spells one level lower than your maximum.

Efficient Momentum Magic: Even if you fail to affect a target with enchantment or illusion spells, they still are affected by Momentum Magic for 1 round / lvl. Finally a use for color spray!

Everyone Has A Brain: You can sacrifice a spell slot as a standard action to force a target to make a will save or lose [Mind-Affecting] resistances for 1 round / lvl but get +5 to saves instead.

29. - Top - End - #1409
    Troll in the Playground

C 1085

I like both, but the Brain Melter is definitely going in better direction for what I'm looking for.

Quote Originally Posted by AlanBruce View Post
    R.1086

Greetings! Looking for an adaptation of Final Fantasy VI's haunted gallery side quest, particularly the design for the boss monster, which takes possession of a painting. Most likely a demon or evil outsider

This is actually 1090...

Quote Originally Posted by LordotheMorning View Post
    R: 1087

I feel this has almost certainly been done before, but my google-fu has failed me.

I'd like stats for the various classes (3m, 6m, 9m 12m, 15m, what have you) of the Titans from Attack on Titan. I'm not really the biggest fan of the show, but I think it makes for an awesome setting. CR should range from 3 to 9 or higher, in fact you could just match CR with the height of the titan. This is for a one-shot with four level 6 PCs. Thanks in advance.
    ...which would make this 1091.

Show

30. - Top - End - #1410
    Orc in the Playground

C1089

Essentially.