New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 50 of 50 FirstFirst ... 254041424344454647484950
Results 1,471 to 1,472 of 1472
  1. - Top - End - #1471
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: Request a Homebrew: Thread 2!

I got sidetracked by a personal project and never added the formal stuff. Thank you for the poke or I wouldn't have remembered at all.

H 1085: Master of the Mind
    No mind is impenetrable.

Prerequisites:
    • Capable of casting 2nd-level illusion and enchantment spells
    • Spellcraft 8 ranks
    • Spell Focus (Illusion) or Spell Focus (Enchantment)

HD: d6
    Good Saves: Will
    Skills: 4 + Intelligence modifier

Level Special
    1 Restricted casting, bonus feat
    2 Once a fool
    3 Susceptible Mind
    4 Creeping vulnerability
    5 Crack the mind

Proficiencies: The master of the mind does not gain any new proficiencies.

Spellcasting: At every level, a master of the mind gains spells as though he had taken a level in a spellcasting class he already possessed. If he has more than one such class, he must choose one.

Restricted casting: Magic of the mind forces its users to specialize. The spells advanced by this class's spellcasting must use enchantment and illusion spells. If the class is a prepared caster (like wizard or cleric), one spell of each spell level that is prepared must be an illusion spell and one spell of each spell level that is prepared must be an enchantment spell. If the class is a spontaneous caster (like sorcerer or favored soul), one spell known of each spell level must be an illusion spell and one spell known of each spell level must be an enchantment spell. Only then can the master of the mind learn or prepare any other spells. If the class being advanced is not a prepared or spontaneous caster, talk to your DM to work out an acceptable substitute.

Bonus Feat: If a master of the mind does not have Spell Focus (Illusion) he gains it. If he does not have Spell Focus (Enchantment) he gains it.

Once a fool (Ex): By probing the minds of his targets, a master of the mind can cast his spells to greater effect. Any creature affected by one of his illusion spells has a -2 to saves against enchantment spells he casts, and vice versa.

Susceptible Mind (Su): Those who are under the effects of a master of the mind's spells are connected to his magic. Whenever a creature would suffer a save penalty from Once a fool, they can be affected with any spell of the appropriate school in addition to any of the spell's normal targets. This can only be done with spells one level lower than the master of the mind's maximum.

Spoiler: Example
    Show

If you affect a target with crushing despair, you can cast phantasmal killer on them and one other creature. Normally phantasmal killer only allows you to target 1 creature, but because the target suffers a -2 penalty to saves against illusion spells and phantasmal killer is an illusion spells, they are an eligible target. You can't do this if phantasmal killer is the highest-level spell you can cast, so you could perform this as a level 9 wizard but not a level 7 wizard.

Creeping Vulnerability (Ex): The probing magic of a master of the mind grows stronger, allowing him to make even the weakest offense circumvent defenses. If a master of the mind fails to affect a creature with an enchantment or illusion spell, they still suffer the appropriate effects of Once a fool for 1 round per caster level.

Crack the Mind (Su): Those who devote themselves can conquer any mental bastion. As a standard action, a master of the mind can expend a spell slot and force a target to make a Will Save (DC 15 + 1/2 levels in advanced spellcasting class + highest mental attribute modifier). A creature that fails this save loses any immunity to [Mind-Affecting] effects, but has a +5 on saves against them. If the creature instead has a bonus against [Mind-Affecting] effects, that bonus is reduced by 5 or changed to +5, whichever is less.
    Last edited by Just to Browse; 2015-04-08 at 01:14 PM.
    All work I do is CC-BY-SA. Copy it wherever you want as long as you credit me.

2. - Top - End - #1472
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: Request a Homebrew: Thread 2!

We have hit 50 pages. Please direct any traffic to the new Request a Homebrew thread.
    All work I do is CC-BY-SA. Copy it wherever you want as long as you credit me.