New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 7 of 50 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161732 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #181
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: Request a Homebrew: Thread 2!

Should the projectile vomit feats have each other as prereqs?
    Quote Originally Posted by jamieth View Post
    ...though Talla does her best to sound objective and impartial, it doesn't cover stuff like "ask a 9-year-old to tank for the party."
    My Homebrew

2. - Top - End - #182
    Titan in the Playground

Fixed.Whitespace!
    So you never have to interrupt a game to look up a rule again:
    My 3.5e Rules Cheat Sheets: Normal, With Consolidated Skill System
    TOGC's 3.5e Spell/etc Cards: rpgnow / drivethru rpg
    Utilities: Magic Item Shop Generator (Req. MS Excel), Balanced Low Magic Item System
    Printable Cardstock Dungeon Tiles and other terrain stuff (100 MB)

3. - Top - End - #183
    Dwarf in the Playground

Ericgrau, that is perfect! And that projectile vomit ability is awesome; there are a few things that have acidic breath weapons, but this just seems so much more...viscerally unsettling (which is good, these guys aren't pretty). Thanks a bunch!

4. - Top - End - #184
    Ogre in the Playground

R 763
    An appropriately balanced LA +0 template that would add +2 intelligence, you can get fancy if you like. Please and thank you. I want to know that whatever is done is balanced, or I'd do it myself. I know you're the best around GitP forums.

5. - Top - End - #185
    Halfling in the Playground

DruidGirl

R 764

I would like to request roughly a CR 2-3, mindless (TN) 'positive energy' undead*; preferably something based on the idea of losing your identity or memories. If it could have a single neat trick it can pull off, to make it memorable. It should be said, there will be quite a few of these things lurking about the villa's basement. A group of two or three should be about (again, roughly) CR 6 or 7, but without class levels, so maybe let the signature move get better with more of them. They aren't meant to be the main focus of the session (or even get loose), but knowing PC's...
    Aiming for something that was an 'experiment' for a local BBG or one of his minions but they are Mad Psiontists, not Crazy wizards. *Technically they aren't dead but that should be hard to tell and mostly irrelevant. They've had a part of their {mind/souls} removed and this should be what 'survived', which as near as I can tell in the cosmology, makes them True Neutral PE undead.
    Also the (local) setting leans toward early romance period france, (minus firearms) if that helps.
    Finally, it should be corporeal and not immediatly recognisable as a (former) individual. At least, not for the first encounter. Also: Not Zombies. Yes, even the original ones.

Thank you for your time.
    Last edited by EchoKnight; 2012-04-26 at 10:30 PM.

6. - Top - End - #186
    Dwarf in the Playground

DruidGuy

Quote Originally Posted by ericgrau View Post
    C 761
    Try 5d10 for 27 hp. The hp is high but the low AC and damage makes it CR 1.
    that would be 47, as a medium construct gains 20 bonus HP...
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show

Bindrune courtesy of Starfols. Request yours here!
    Quote Originally Posted by Cobra_Ikari View Post
    Could you touch the sound you heard in the vision you saw from the flavor you tasted from a color?
    Quote Originally Posted by Zaq View Post
    2 + 2 = fish
    50 gp = +2
    2 + (50 gp) = fish
    50 gp = fish – 2
    sickened = – 2
    50 gp = fish + sickened
    Sick fish are 50 gp

WHAT HAVE YOU DONE

7. - Top - End - #187
    Ogre in the Playground

I meant 5d10 to get something near 25, if that's what you want. Constructs don't have a constitution so adding any number is a bit strange.
    I was going by what was printed in the SRD, which contains a rule that grants Constructs bonus hit points based on their size (to replace their lack of a Con score, I guess). I'm not familiar with the rules to know if that has been errata'd out though, so I could be wrong.

8. - Top - End - #188
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Steward View Post
    I was going by what was printed in the SRD, which contains a rule that grants Constructs bonus hit points based on their size (to replace their lack of a Con score, I guess). I'm not familiar with the rules to know if that has been errata'd out though, so I could be wrong.
    The rule exists, he must have forgotten it.
    Quote Originally Posted by jamieth View Post
    ...though Talla does her best to sound objective and impartial, it doesn't cover stuff like "ask a 9-year-old to tank for the party."
    My Homebrew

9. - Top - End - #189
    Titan in the Playground

Whoops, must have.
    Utilities: Magic Item Shop Generator (Req. MS Excel), Balanced Low Magic Item System

10. - Top - End - #190
    Dwarf in the Playground

R765
    An invocation that creates a globe of water that hovers in place around the invoker. Does not need to grant the invoker the ability to actually breathe in said water. The lower the level the better; least is preferred.

Ideally it would grant all the effects of being in the water, including a penalty on firing out of the water for the invoker and for firing into the water for everyone outside, as well as making fire spells hard to cast and ineffective, and making melee combat between the invoker and enemies who enter the globe more difficult. I'm just not sure where that falls on the power scale, how wide it could be while still counting as a "least", or if even having a 5 ft. radius would make it too powerful for least. If it wouldn't up the level, it would also be nice to include a "succeed on a strength check when the globe is formed or be pushed outside the sphere by the rushing water" effect.

11. - Top - End - #191
    Ogre in the Playground

H 764

Quote Originally Posted by EchoKnight View Post
    R 764

I would like to request roughly a CR 2-3, mindless (TN) 'positive energy' undead*; preferably something based on the idea of losing your identity or memories. If it could have a single neat trick it can pull off, to make it memorable. It should be said, there will be quite a few of these things lurking about the villa's basement. A group of two or three should be about (again, roughly) CR 6 or 7, but without class levels, so maybe let the signature move get better with more of them. They aren't meant to be the main focus of the session (or even get loose), but knowing PC's...
    Aiming for something that was an 'experiment' for a local BBG or one of his minions but they are Mad Psiontists, not Crazy wizards. *Technically they aren't dead but that should be hard to tell and mostly irrelevant. They've had a part of their {mind/souls} removed and this should be what 'survived', which as near as I can tell in the cosmology, makes them True Neutral PE undead.
    Also the (local) setting leans toward early romance period france, (minus firearms) if that helps.
    Finally, it should be corporeal and not immediatly recognisable as a (former) individual. At least, not for the first encounter. Also: Not Zombies. Yes, even the original ones.
    OK, I think have a good WIP done. I was having a hard time figuring out what a "positive energy undead" would be like, but

Spoiler
    Show
    Forgotten Face
    Medium Aberration
    Hit Dice: 4d8 (18 hp)
    Speed: 30 ft. (6 squares)
    Init: +3
    Armor Class: 15 (+3 Dex, +2 deflection), touch 15, flat-footed 12
    Base Attack/Grapple: +3/+5
    Attack: Bite +3 melee (1d6 + facelift)
    Full Attack: 2 bites +3 melee (1d6 + facelift)
    Space/Reach: 5 ft./5 ft.
    Special Attacks: Facelift, improved grab
    Special Qualities: Blindsight, frightful presence, undead traits
    Saves: Fort +3, Ref +3, Will +5
    Abilities: Str 14, Dex 17, Con 11, Int 1, Wis 1, Cha 10
    Skills: Hide +7, Move Silently +7
    Feats: Ability Focus (Facelift), Combat Reflexes
    Environment: Any
    Organization: individual or group (2 - 5)
    Challenge Rating: 3
    Treasure: Half standard
    Alignment: Usually neutral
    Advancement: 5 - 8 HD (Medium), 9 - 12 HD (Large)
    Level Adjustment: +4

A dark shape steps out of the gloom, resembling a bent-backed humanoid with a thick trunklike body and twisted, spindly limbs. When its empty white eyes set upon you, the creature hesitates, almost as if it recognizes you, before lumbering forward in your direction.

Combat:

Facelift (Su):
    Forgotten Faces are mindless wretches, consumed with a dark thirst for the identities stolen from them by the cruel process that turned them into the monstrosities that they are; they satisfy this lust by literally lifting the faces of foes.

When a Forgotten Face inflicts damage with its bite attack, its opponent must make a DC 14 Fortitude save (10 + 1/2 its total HD + Cha modifier) or suffer 1 point of Charisma drain. For each point of Charisma drain inflicted, the Forgotten Face accrues certain benefits. Its face takes on the likeness of its victim, granting it a +10 bonus to Disguise checks meant to impersonate that victim. It also gains, as a bonus feat or special ability, one feat belonging to its victim even if it does not meet the prerequisites; as long as the Forgotten Face retains a 'stolen' feat, the victim cannot derive the benefit from the feat. Finally, it gains one point of Charisma for every two points of Charisma drained. Stolen Charisma points return to their original 'owners' after one hour, and every benefit derived from the use of this ability is eliminated at the same time. Remove curse, Remove disease, heal, or restoration can be used to reverse any damage caused by this ability, and the spells death ward or magic circle can protect

Frightful presence (Ex)
    The presence alone of a Forgotten Face is preternaturally unnerving. Whenever a Forgotten Face moves or attacks, those within sight of it must make a DC 12 Will save (10 + 1/2 its total HD + Cha modifier) or be shaken for 1d6 rounds. A creature that succeeds on this saving throw is immune to the frightful presence of all Forgotten Faces for 24 hours.

Undead traits:
    Forgotten Faces share some traits of undead, despite being living beings. They are immune to all mind-affecting effects (charms, compulsions, phantasms, and patterns) and are not subject to critical hits, nonlethal damage, ability drain, or energy drain.

Blindsight (Ex):
    Functions at a range of 60 feet.

Last edited by Steward; 2012-05-04 at 10:18 PM.

12. - Top - End - #192
    Halfling in the Playground

DruidGirl

Thank you! You have no idea how helpful that is!

13. - Top - End - #193
    Dwarf in the Playground

R766
    I'm hoping for a feat or feat chain that allows a spellcaster to cast from wands (or scrolls & wands & Staves) as if casting from her/his own spell slots. The intention is to have personal feats/ability scores/class features/etc affect the spell that is cast.

14. - Top - End - #194
    Troll in the Playground

C766

Quote Originally Posted by Complete Mage, page 45:
    METAMAGIC SPELL TRIGGER
    You can apply metamagic feats you know to spell effects from magic items you activate with a spell trigger.

Prerequisites: Any metamagic feat, Use Magic Device 15 ranks or Spellcraft 15 ranks.

Benefit: You can apply any one metamagic feat you know to a spell generated by a spell trigger item (such as a wand or staff) that you activate. You expend one extra charge for each change in spell level a metamagic feat normally requires.

If the metamagic feat's level adjustment would normally increase the slot of the chosen spell's level above 9th, you can't apply the metamagic effect to the spell. For example, you can't apply Quicken Spell to an antimagic field generated by a staff (since that would take a 10th-level spell slot to cast). If sufficient charges aren't available in the item to power the application of metamagic feats (or if the item doesn't use charges), the item fails to activate and no charges are used, but the action used to activate the item is wasted.
    I'm not sure about Scrolls. I'll keep looking.
    Kaedanis Pyran, tai faernae.

The LA Assignment Threads: Attempting to Make Monsters Playable Since 2016

My Homebrewer's Extended Signature
    Spoiler: Quotes
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Lycan 01 View Post
    Roland just endorsed a crack pairing?

Did... did we break the universe?
    Quote Originally Posted by SassyQuatch View Post
    It is a major flaw in the game. Destroy a moon? Sure. Talk to somebody a hundred miles away, that's going to be difficult.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rizban View Post
    Realistically speaking... D&D style magic doesn't exist, so... let's ignore reality.

15. - Top - End - #195
    Dwarf in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Debatra View Post
    C766 - METAMAGIC SPELL TRIGGER.
    Thanks for finding this, but I'm not actually interested in the Metamagic feats. I'd be more interested in including things like Feat:Ashbound, or giving the spells DCs based on the wand-user's stats, or the spell effects playing off the wand-user's caster level.

However, I do like the idea of any such feat having UMD and/or Spellcraft as prereqs.

And taking up extra charges...perhaps for each feat/stat/ability that is applied?
    Last edited by reddir; 2012-05-15 at 04:32 PM.

16. - Top - End - #196
    Troll in the Playground

C766

Oh, sorry; it seems I've misread your post. Complete Arcane, pg 46 has something like what you're looking for. A Tactical feat called Risidual Magic. One of its maneuvers is to let you cast from a scroll or wand as if it were one of your own spells if you've cast the same spell on your own in the last round.

Show

It is a major flaw in the game. Destroy a moon? Sure. Talk to somebody a hundred miles away, that's going to be difficult.
    Realistically speaking... D&D style magic doesn't exist, so... let's ignore reality.

17. - Top - End - #197
    Dwarf in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Debatra View Post
    C766

Oh, sorry; it seems I've misread your post. Complete Arcane, pg 46 has something like what you're looking for. A Tactical feat called Risidual Magic. One of its maneuvers is to let you cast from a scroll or wand as if it were one of your own spells if you've cast the same spell on your own in the last round.
    What do you think would be a fair way to change this to lasting the entire encounter, or just to make it a permanent thing?

18. - Top - End - #198
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by reddir View Post
    R766
    I'm hoping for a feat or feat chain that allows a spellcaster to cast from wands (or scrolls & wands & Staves) as if casting from her/his own spell slots. The intention is to have personal feats/ability scores/class features/etc affect the spell that is cast.
    C766

Material Mage
    Prerequisite: Any item creation feat, caster level 6 or higher
    Benefit: When casting a spell from a wand, scroll, or staff, you may use your own ability scores when determining the spell save DC.
    Hill Giant Games
    I make indie gaming books for you!
    Spoiler
    Show

STaRS: A non-narrativeist, generic rules-light system.
    Grod's Guide to Greatness, 2e: A big book of player options for 5e.
    Grod's Grimoire of the Grotesque: An even bigger book of variant and expanded rules for 5e.
    Giants and Graveyards: My collected 3.5 class fixes and more.

Quote Originally Posted by Grod_The_Giant View Post
    Grod's Law: You cannot and should not balance bad mechanics by making them annoying to use

19. - Top - End - #199
    Troll in the Playground

Perhaps making it a prerequisite for another feat?

Also, I should've said "Complete Mage, page 46".

Here's the feat's text, if you don't have CM:

Spoiler
    Show
    RESIDUAL MAGIC [TACTICAL]
    You can use the lingering energy from a spell you cast to boost the effect of a later spell.

Prerequisites: Spellcraft 12 ranks, any metamagic feat.

Benefit: The Residual Magic feat allows the use of two tactical maneuvers.

Enduring Potency: If you cast a spell from your daily allotment of spells, then cast the same spell from a scroll or wand in the next round, you can treat the second casting as if it had come from your daily allotment of spells for the purpose of caster level, save DC, and any other effect of the spell.

For example, if Hennet the 10th-level sorcerer casts magic missile, then activates a wand of magic missile (caster level 5th) in the next round, he can treat the wand's magic missile as if he had cast it (giving him a greater range, number of missiles, and so forth).

Lingering Metamagic: If you cast a spell affected by one or more metamagic feats, and then cast the same spell in the next round, you can apply any one of the metamagic effects from the first casting to the second casting, but without any change to the spell's level. The second spell doesn't count as being affected by a metamagic feat for the purpose of this benefit (that is, it doesn't entitle you to apply the metamagic feat to a spell you might cast in the following round). Only spells you cast using your own metamagic feats (as opposed to metamagic effects from magic items) allow this option to function.

For example, if Hennet uses a 5th-level slot to cast an empowered lightning bolt, in the next round he can use a 3rd-level slot to cast another empowered lightning bolt. If the first spell was a silent empowered lightning bolt, he could apply the effect of either Silent Spell or Empower Spell to the second casting of lightning bolt, but not both.

Show

20. - Top - End - #200
    Troll in the Playground

PirateGirl

I meant 5d10 to get something near 25, if that's what you want. Constructs don't have a constitution so adding any number is a bit strange.
    C 761 Skull Puppet Constructs have bonus hit points based on size. A Medium Construct gets 20 bonus hit points.

The stat block by Steward looks pretty good; there are a few missteps. Hit points are 47 not 48. 5d10 = 5x5.5= 27.5 and you round down. 27+20=47.

CR is closer to 1/2 than to 2.

C 762 Buzzardfolk's stat block has some missteps there too.

You forgot to list only the primary attack in the attack line and the attack line you do have should be noted as the Full Attack line.

Attack: Claw + 2 melee (1d4)
    Full Attack: 2 Claws +2 melee (1d4) and bite -3 melee (1d4) or Projectile Vomit +3 ranged touch (2d4 acid)

Space/Reach: 5 ft./5 ft. [This is missing from the stat block]

Projectile Vomit (Ex): A buzzardfolk's stomach acid is especially corrosive to give him immunity against diseased food. He also uses it as a weapon to defend himself. The vomit does 2d4 points of acid damage and has a range of 30 feet. [So far so good, Projectile Vomit should be listed under Special Attacks as well]

A buzardfolk with rapid shot, a high BAB or another source of multiple attacks may fire vomit multiple times per round. He may likewise benefit from abilities that grant extra damage.

Natural weapons are not affected by higher BAB. He can do more damage if he increases in size but should not get multiple attacks unless he suddenly gains another stomach and mouth from which to vomit from. This part should be stricken from the text.

Spell-like abilities are listed under Spell-like ability not by spell name (see Deathwatch ability) also what is the Caster Level for this? It is listed as a Supernatural ability in the Stat block (or it should be SLA) as listed in the text? If it matches the spell, it has a 30 foot range. Otherwise, you need to reword this.

It is either:

Spell-Like Ability: At will — deathwatch. Caster Level is equal to Hit Dice.

Or it is:

Deathwatch (Su): Buzzardfolk have deathwatch as a continuously active ability with a range of 500 feet. [See my notes on this below].

Buzzardfolk have the Scent ability and may even use it to track through air without penalty. Furthermore once they have successfully tracked a creature they may use their deathwatch ability on it regardless of range.
    Range is way out there. Can it use this across planar travel? You seem to indicate that it can. Usually deathwatch is within 30 feet as per the spell. While I can appreciate that 30 feet is probably too short, unlimited distances are just too easy to abuse. I recommend you drop the range to 500 feet. You'll probably never even need that much.

Here is a corrected stat block for the Buzzardfolk with deathwatch as a SLA. These really could use a full description. Are they bald? How much do they weigh? How long do they live?

Spoiler
    Show

Buzzardfolk
    Medium Monstrous Humanoid
    Hit Dice: 2d8+1 (10 hp)
    Initiative: +1
    Speed: 30 ft., Fly 40 ft. (poor)
    Armor Class: 16 (+1 Dex, +2 natural, +3 studded leather), Touch 11, Flat-footed 15
    BAB/Grapple: +2/+2
    Attack: Claw +2 melee (1d4)
    Full Attack: 2 Claws +2 melee (1d4) and Bite -3 melee (1d4) or Projectile Vomit +3 ranged touch (2d4 acid)
    Space/Reach: 5 ft./5 ft.
    Special Attacks: Projectile Vomit
    Special Qualities: Darkvision 60 ft., scent, spell-like ability
    Saves:
    Fort +1, Ref +4, Will +3
    Abilities: Str 10, Dex 13, Con 13, Int 10, Wis 10, Cha 9
    Skills: Survival +5, Hide +6
    Feats: Track (B), Flyby Attack
    Environment: Any land
    Organization: Solitary or wake (2-10)
    Challenge Rating: 2
    Treasure: Standard
    Alignment: Often neutral evil
    Advancement: By Class (favored Class: Rogue)
    Level Adjustment: +1

Like vultures buzzardfolk are carnivores that like to feed on dead and dying flesh. They are often conniving and opportunistic, seeking any advantage they can take over the weak and helpless. Buzzardfolk loathe open combat, often fleeing from it.

They prefer scouting and ambushes, especially against foes who have been weakened by another foe or hazard. In dungeons they like to build traps and watch them patiently. Buzzardfolk fly at low speed but may do so for long periods of time before becoming fatigued, as if walking.

The buzzardfolk shown here has flyby attack to circle around and engage foes from a distance with his projectile vomit. He flies in a circle with a minimum diameter of 20 feet meaning he can only cover at most 2/3 of this circle each round if he attacks. He must move at least 20 feet each round to avoid stalling. See the flight rules for more details.

Projectile Vomit (Ex): A buzzardfolk's stomach acid is especially corrosive to give him immunity against diseased food. He also uses it as a weapon to defend himself. The vomit does 2d4 points of acid damage and has a range of 30 feet.

Scent (Ex): Buzzardfolk have the Scent ability and may even use it to track through air without penalty. Furthermore, once they have successfully tracked a creature, they may use their deathwatch ability on it.

Spell-Like Ability: At will — deathwatch. Caster Level is equal to Hit Dice.

Debby
    Last edited by Debihuman; 2012-05-15 at 11:30 PM.
    P.E.A.C.H. Please Evaluate And Critique Honestly. Being nicer and kinder doesn't hurt either. Note I generally only critique 3.5 and Pathfinder material.
    Please, please, please when using non-core material, cite to the books. There are too many books to wade through to find the one with the feat, special ability or spell you use.
    my creations in homebrew signature thread

21. - Top - End - #201
    Ogre in the Playground

The stat block by Steward looks pretty good; there are a few missteps. Hit points are 47 not 48. 5d10 = 5x5.5= 27.5 and you round down. 27+20=47.
    Thanks! I never really knew how to judge that before (when the average hit points happen to be a decimal)!

22. - Top - End - #202
    Dwarf in the Playground

H766

I put one together, based on all the others suggested:

Cast Through the Soul
    The wand-user channels the energy of the spell through themselves before releasing it.
    req: Craft Wand, UMD or Spellcraft 9, know the spell being cast.
    Benefit: When the character triggers a wand holding a spell they know, they may choose to have it act as if they cast it from their own spell slots, being affected in all ways that a spell they cast from their own spell slots would be affected, including using their casting stats, their feats, any abilities they have, etc.
    Special: Due to the need for the magic to first push through the wand-user before expressing a full spell, this uses 2 charges for each triggering of the wand, not including metamagic or other factors which might increase the charge cost.
    Normal: The effects of a spell cast from a wand are set by the creator of the wand. A single trigger of a wand uses a single charge.

Basically: Craft Wand + UMD/Spellcraft 9 ranks + knowing the spell + this feat + 2 charges = cast as if from one's own spell slots.

What do you think?
    Last edited by reddir; 2012-05-16 at 04:52 AM. Reason: presentation

23. - Top - End - #203
    Titan in the Playground

C 762

Quote Originally Posted by Debihuman View Post
    Buzzardfolk stuff
    Some stat block items were missing for the sake of brevity, though ya it isn't perfectly official that way. Iterative projectile vomit attacks are a specific exception to the normal natural attack rules. I realize a Su deathwatch would be less clunky, but an SLA is easier to metamagic. I suppose I could have done a custom Su feat instead. Such as:

Enlarged Deathwatch
    A buzzardfolk who selects this feat applies the enlarge spell metamagic feat to his deathwatch ability.

(This feat only applies to (Su) deathwatch not the original (SLA))
    Last edited by ericgrau; 2012-05-16 at 11:21 PM.

24. - Top - End - #204
    Troll in the Playground

There are already Metamagic equivilents for Supernatural Abilities.

Show

25. - Top - End - #205
    Titan in the Playground

C 762
    Problem solved then. (Su) changes edited into original post for clarity. Also put in a 2 mile range limit when using deathwatch on a tracked creature.
    Last edited by ericgrau; 2012-05-16 at 11:28 PM.

26. - Top - End - #206
    Ogre in the Playground

H 763

Quote Originally Posted by Mithril Leaf View Post
    R 763
    An appropriately balanced LA +0 template that would add +2 intelligence, you can get fancy if you like. Please and thank you. I want to know that whatever is done is balanced, or I'd do it myself. I know you're the best around GitP forums.
    I assume you're doing this for a caster, but making a template that'll hurt a caster will bone everyone over... I'll try and make an intermediate.

Wrackbound
    +2 Int, -2 Wis or Con (see text)

In a ritual that pulls at the very fiber of your being, you have undergone a ritual where you engrave sigils in Draconic somewhere on your body, in a size at least as large as your palm. These sigils promote your mental processing, but drain your sanity and your health. If you can cast spells, manifest powers (not including from magic items) or know more than 2 spell-like/psi-like abilities above 0th level, you suffer -2 penalty to Constitution. If you do not fulfill those requirements, you suffer a -2 penalty to Wisdom.

These resonate magic, can be detected as a weak abjuration by anyone with the means. A layer of clothing is not enough to block this, but something metal (like armor) will.

In addition, wrackbound gain the following benefits:
    • Skill points from the Intelligence bonus of this template apply retroactively.
    • Choose 3 knowledge skills when taking this template. Those become class skills for you, and you gain a +1 enhancement bonus to those checks.
    • You lose all languages you once knew, and must spend skill points to re-learn those languages. You may now spend 1 skill point to learn 2 languages with the Speak Language skill.
    • If you place your sigils in a visible place, they put off those who talk to you, and you suffer a -2 penalty to diplomacy checks. If you hide your sigils, they act up when you are around company, and you consequently suffer a -2 penalty to sense motive checks.
    Last edited by Just to Browse; 2012-05-17 at 05:47 AM.

27. - Top - End - #207
    Ogre in the Playground

^

Oh, now that is awesome. I like the fact that you get multiple choices with one template (choose three new knowledge skills, be a spellcaster or be a non-spellcaster, hide your sigils or wear them proudly)

28. - Top - End - #208
    Ogre in the Playground

Thanks! I'm a bit worried about getting a net +2 to 3 knowledge checks, but it doesn't seem so bad since most people don't throw skill points into those things.

29. - Top - End - #209
    Pixie in the Playground

R 767

Twilight themed Monster(S) Preferably Divine OR Arcane based.

CR Above 16

Capable of being the "Source" for a Warlock (CM) with a left hand of "Shadow" abilities and a right hand of "Light" very Dusk, twilight neutrally balanced PC.

Thanks in Advance

Edit: This did not occur to me at first but I mean Twilight the lighting condition or meeting of light and shadow and not the movie.....
    Last edited by ravenkid; 2012-05-19 at 08:41 AM.

30. - Top - End - #210
    Pixie in the Playground

I'm looking for a homebrew bass class that's kindda like, well "shadow made real". What the class would do is something like he would have so much shadow mass per level he could use to do all kinds of things. He'd be more utility then damage. like at 1st level he could make a key for a door after a appropriate check or a dagger he could use to fight with, or shadow spikes from the ground to hit impale his enemy, and as he progresses in level he could do more extravagant things... Anyone know of anything like that?

Dirt Nap Gaming is a massive professionally ran multi-gaming community.
    If you have any questions regarding us let me know.
    To the Mods and Admins here-
    Spoiler
    Show

We are legally classified a non-profit organization,
    therefore this advertisement breaks none of the rules of these forums

I often suffer from insomnia IRL, so if I do something especially stupid, sorry.