New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 9 of 50 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617181934 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #241
    Dwarf in the Playground

Post Re: Request a Homebrew: Thread 2!

Quote Originally Posted by Sodalite View Post
    R 784

A spell, probably high level but preferably not epic, which inflicts small amounts of ability burn, and maybe other effects, like temporary blindness or raw damage. Also preferably with a material component of autunite gems, which are probably expensive, since I sort of want to it to be radiation themed, as well as derived from a combination of elemental stuff from the Negative Energy Plane and Plane of Radiance, maybe, though that's just my personal opinion and can be ignored.

Thanks in advance, to whomever considers my request.
    H784
    Blaze of the conflux
    Spoiler
    Show
    Blaze of the conflux
    Evocation [Force, Light]
    Level: Sor/Wiz 9
    Components: V, S, M,
    Casting Time: 1 full round action
    Range: Long (400 ft+40 ft/level)
    Area: A spread 40 ft/level in diameter
    Duration: Instaneous
    Saving throw: Fortitude half and Fortitude partial (see text)
    Spell Resistance: Yes (see text)

As you study the ancient runic stele from one of the great cities from the old empire of Netheril you notice an image that depicts a mage who glows and crackles with arcane power, as he smashes together a pair of stones that seem to be infused with not only what you manage to translate as“ light-grow-power“ and „shadow-hunger-power“, respectively but also a radiance of some sort, that seems to emanate from the stones themselves. On the following image you see the terrible power of this war-sorcery, a great plume of light and arcane fire that blazed across the sky and scorched an army to dust and struck many others with blindness and a sickening blight.
    You dare not to read the runes spread across both images, for they might be either notes on the scene´s mood or some or maybe the words of great magic.

As you forcibly combine positive and negative energy through a conduit of diseased stone, the result is great blast of magic in a dazzling mix of emerald green, poisonous yellow, and bright silver.The missile is most commonly teardrop shaped and 3 feet long and two feet wide at the widest point.When it reaches its destination, the resultant explosion of untamed primordial essence fills the spell´s area nearly instantaneously, creating almost no pressure. It deals 1d6 points of damage per two caster levels, half of which is force and half is untyped, to all objects and creatures in the area.
    Succeeding at a Fortitude save allows a creature to take half of the total sum of the damage, divided evenly between both types of damage.

Additionally, the explosion creates a flash of extraordinarily bright light that washes over the spell´s area, and extends as a spread 100 ft beyond its edges before it dissipates. This light is so intense that it causes sighted creatures irradiated by it to be permanently blinded as their eyes burn out, unless they are protected by spell resistance or make a successful Fortitude save, in which case they are only blind for 1 hour.

The temporary blindness can be cured by a Remove blindness/deafness spell, while undoing permanent blindness requires the use of a spell capable of restoring lost body parts, like Regenerate.
    Creatures illuminated by the light beyond the area where the spell deals damage get a +4 circumstance bonus on their Fortitude saves against blindness. The blinding light is a [Light] effect that dispels or counters any spell with the [Darkness] descriptor of 9th or lower level.

Lastly, all creatures affected by the spell have their bodies ravaged so drastically by the untamed arcane power that they must succeed at a third Fortitude save or a SR check to avoid taking 1d4 points of ability burn to one physical ability score (Strength, Dexterity or Constitution), chosen randomly. Those that successfully defend against this effect instead take only half the ability burn they would suffer normally, to a minimum of 1 point of ability burn.

Material component:
    A pair of autunite gems infused with positive and negative energy, respectively, that the caster smashes together when she finishes casting the spell. The set costs 15 000 gp to purchase.

Well, this is the first time that I´ve made such a powerful spell, and I would like some feedback and PEACHes on it, since I can help but keep thinking that it is more powerful than Meteor swarm() because of the area, damage and the aftereffects, but then again, each of the aftereffects allows both a save and a SR check to mitigate it and the spell has a full round casting time and requires a material component that costs 15 000 gp, 3/5 of what the True resurrection spell takes. Is it too much? Or too little?

I think the True resurrection costs so much because it is a special effect, but should not be a 'nuke caliber' Evocation equally special, because it carries a bunch of secondary effects and inconvenient ability burn?

On that note, I originally intended to make a way to cure that ability burn by drinking a potion mixed with some alchemical item, getting nauseated for 1d4 hours and passing a DC 25 Fort save, which makes the all the burn go away the next time you rest for 8 hours, but I decided that it was wrong to let someone cure incurable things, not to mention stupid, so I scrapped it.

Bottom line, I´m not sure at all sure about balance, so thanks for any feedback.
    Last edited by ScIaDrd; 2012-07-10 at 10:57 AM. Reason: Typos.
    78% of DM's started their first campaign in a tavern. If you're one of the 22% that didn't, copy and paste this into your signature.

I started mine in the Players´ house in a large elven city.
    Boring, duh.
    GENERATION 17: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig and add 1 to the generation. social experiment

My Paladin´s to-be motto:
    Peace and love through superior firepower and divine righteousness.
    If you approve, copy and paste this into your signature.

2. - Top - End - #242
    Barbarian in the Playground

Default Re: Request a Homebrew: Thread 2!

R785: A Gish sorcerer PrC that embraces the nature of dragon-ness the sorcerer has.
    Last edited by Zelkon; 2012-07-07 at 11:48 AM. Reason: Added request number.

3. - Top - End - #243

C 784

Looks cool. I'm not especially good with balance either, which is why came to this thread, though I imagine being more powerful that Meteor Swarm is too much of a worry, since it's one of the weakest 9th level spells, IIRC, especially when compared to things like Shapechange or Time Stop. Ordinarily SR doesn't permit partial effects, but I'm okay with that at the moment, since this supposed to be an ancient super weapon, which I would feel weird about if it couldn't effect golems at all. I was actually thinking that it might even be an Incantation rather than an actual spell, but I neglected to mention that, and it isn't super important.

All in all, I'm satisfied, though I might wait for further judgement, since I might be using this in meatspace game and I don't want to mess it up too bad.

4. - Top - End - #244
    Bugbear in the Playground

H785

Prerequisites:
    • able to cast 2nd level sorcerer spells
    • BAB 5
    • Draconic Heritage feat

{table=head]Level|BAB|Fort Save|Ref Save|Will Save|special|recharge|range|dmg|spellcasting
    1st|1|2|2|2|breath weapon, natural weapons|5m|20/10|2d6|
    2nd|2|3|3|3|draconic feat, low light vision|5m|30/15|2d6|+1 level of sorcerer
    3rd|3|3|3|3|natural armor +1, save bonus +2, energy resistance +5|5m|30/15|4d6|+1 level of sorcerer
    4th|4|4|4|4|str +2, con +2, arcane strike|1m|30/15|4d6|
    5th|5|4|4|4|draconic feat, darkvision 60|1m|40/20|4d6|+1 level of sorcerer
    6th|6|5|5|5|natural armor +1, save bonus +2, energy resistance +5|1m|40/20|6d6|+1 level of sorcerer
    7th|7|5|5|5|str +2, int +2, wings|1d10 rounds|40/20|6d6|
    8th|8|6|6|6|draconic feat, wyrmling's abilities|1d10 rounds|60/30|6d6|+1 level of sorcerer
    9th|9|6|6|6|natural armor +2, immunities|1d10 rounds|60/30|8d6|+1 level of sorcerer
    10th|10|7|7|7|str +4, cha +2, draconic emergence|1d4 rounds|60/30|8d6|[/table]
    Hit Die: d12
    Skills: 6+int
    Class Skills: Bluff, Concentration, Diplomacy, Escape Artist, Intimidate, Knowledge (any), Listen, Search, Sense Motive, Spot, Spellcraft and the skill granted by the draconic heritage feat.

breath weapon(su): You gain a breath weapon of the same shape and damage type as your ancestral dragon. The range, damage and recharge time of the breath weapon are given in the table. The range is written as line/cone, use whichever you have. The save DC is 10 + 1/2 your hit dice + your con modifier.

natural weapons(su): You gain the claws and bite of a dragon of your size. If your size changes, recalculate the damage appropriately.

draconic feat(su): Gain a bonus draconic feat for which you meet the prerequisites.

save bonus(su): This applies to saves against sleep and paralysis.

arcane strike(su): When making a melee attack, you can sacrifice a spell slot to gain of level x to gain +x to attack and +xd4 to damage.

wings(su): You grow retractable wings, which grant you a flight speed twice your base speed and average maneuverability.

wyrmling's abilities(su): You gain the special abilities of a wyrmling of your ancestral type, excluding those involving energy. For example, if your ancestor was bronze, you gain Water Breathing and Speak with Animals at will.

immunities(su): You become immune to sleep, paralysis and any energy to which your ancestral dragon was immune.

draconic emergence(su): Once a day, you may sacrifice two spell slots of your highest level to take on the form of a dragon for one minute. The type is that of your ancestor and the age category is the level of the slots (9th level slots produce a Very Old dragon). You keep your own hit points, skills, feats and spells, but for everything else replace them with the dragon's abilities.

Note: all numeric bonuses are cumulative. For example, by 9th level your natural armor has increased by +4.
    Last edited by dspeyer; 2012-07-07 at 01:08 PM.

5. - Top - End - #245

Quote Originally Posted by dspeyer View Post
    H785

Prerequisites:
    • able to cast 2nd level sorcerer spells
    • BAB 5
    • Draconic Heritage feat

{table=head]Level|BAB|Fort Save|Ref Save|Will Save|special|recharge|range|dmg|spellcasting
    1st|1|2|2|2|breath weapon, natural weapons|5m|20/10|2d6|
    2nd|2|3|3|3|draconic feat, low light vision|5m|30/15|2d6|+1 level of sorcerer
    3rd|3|3|3|3|natural armor +1, save bonus +2, energy resistance +5|5m|30/15|4d6|+1 level of sorcerer
    4th|4|4|4|4|str +2, con +2, arcane strike|1m|30/15|4d6|
    5th|5|4|4|4|draconic feat, darkvision 60|1m|40/20|4d6|+1 level of sorcerer
    6th|6|5|5|5|natural armor +1, save bonus +2, energy resistance +5|1m|40/20|6d6|+1 level of sorcerer
    7th|7|5|5|5|str +2, int +2, wings|1d10 rounds|40/20|6d6|
    8th|8|6|6|6|draconic feat, wyrmling's abilities|1d10 rounds|60/30|6d6|+1 level of sorcerer
    9th|9|6|6|6|natural armor +2, immunities|1d10 rounds|60/30|8d6|+1 level of sorcerer
    10th|10|7|7|7|str +4, cha +2, draconic emergence|1d4 rounds|60/30|8d6|[/table]
    Hit Die: d12
    Skills: 6+int
    Class Skills: Bluff, Concentration, Diplomacy, Escape Artist, Intimidate, Knowledge (any), Listen, Search, Sense Motive, Spot, Spellcraft and the skill granted by the draconic heritage feat.

breath weapon(su): You gain a breath weapon of the same shape and damage type as your ancestral dragon. The range, damage and recharge time of the breath weapon are given in the table. The range is written as line/cone, use whichever you have. The save DC is 10 + 1/2 your hit dice + your con modifier.

natural weapons(su): You gain the claws and bite of a dragon of your size. If your size changes, recalculate the damage appropriately.

draconic feat(su): Gain a bonus draconic feat for which you meet the prerequisites.

save bonus(su): This applies to saves against sleep and paralysis.

arcane strike(su): When making a melee attack, you can sacrifice a spell slot to gain of level x to gain +x to attack and +xd4 to damage.

wings(su): You grow retractable wings, which grant you a flight speed twice your base speed and average maneuverability.

wyrmling's abilities(su): You gain the special abilities of a wyrmling of your ancestral type, excluding those involving energy. For example, if your ancestor was bronze, you gain Water Breathing and Speak with Animals at will.

immunities(su): You become immune to sleep, paralysis and any energy to which your ancestral dragon was immune.

draconic emergence(su): Once a day, you may sacrifice two spell slots of your highest level to take on the form of a dragon for one minute. The type is that of your ancestor and the age category is the level of the slots (9th level slots produce a Very Old dragon). You keep your own hit points, skills, feats and spells, but for everything else replace them with the dragon's abilities.

Note: all numeric bonuses are cumulative. For example, by 9th level your natural armor has increased by +4.
    Thanks for the quick reply. If you have the time, could you possibly edit it to sacrifice some BAB or melee capablities for full caster, ala sacred exorcist? That would be greatly appreciated.

6. - Top - End - #246

C785: If I gave up BAB increases at 1st, 5th, and 9th for full caster, what else would I have to give up to still be balanced?

7. - Top - End - #247
    Bugbear in the Playground

C785

A lot.

The problem with full-casting PRCs is that they tend to be strictly superior to the base classes, which is unbalanced. Explicit drawbacks or painful entry requirements can work around that, but neither fits very well.

I'll think about it, though. Or maybe someone else will come up with something.

8. - Top - End - #248
    Titan in the Playground

R786: A silly monster entry, probably known as the Squarut, that functions as the Inevitable against misplaced science. Defense of catgirls optional.
    Quote Originally Posted by Water_Bear View Post
    That's RAW for you; 100% Rules-Legal, 110% silly.
    Quote Originally Posted by hamishspence View Post
    "Common sense" and "RAW" are not exactly on speaking terms
    Projects: Homebrew, Gentlemen's Agreement, DMPCs, Forbidden Knowledge safety, and Top Ten Worst. Also, Quotes and RACSD are good.

Anyone knows blue is for sarcas'ing in · "Take 10 SAN damage from Dark Orchid" · Use of gray may indicate nitpicking · Green is sincerity

9. - Top - End - #249
    Ogre in the Playground

R787

Would anyone want to attempt a Dagon-ish Dragon?
    With age catagories if possible please!

Thanks.
    "All things must end, and you will be among the first."
    I love Ceika <3

Quote Originally Posted by Kymme View Post
    You've got good reasoning, though the Akastarepti is never the best example.

Extended Sig

10. - Top - End - #250
    Orc in the Playground

C. 787
    so dagon as in a fish-like dragon? or are you looking for a lovecraftian themed dragon with deep-one focuses, like a deep-one dragon?

Edit: you might want too look here, for the deep trench dragon at the bottom of the first post
    Last edited by ArkenBrony; 2012-07-10 at 02:11 PM.

11. - Top - End - #251
    Ogre in the Playground

C. 787
    Ah, Dagon as In my Avvie, D&D's Dagon, and while Zaydos is good with his dragons, The Deep Trench Dragon is not what I need.
    I love Ceika <3

Extended Sig

12. - Top - End - #252
    Orc in the Playground

C. 787
    so you want like a demon dragon, tentacles and stuff?

13. - Top - End - #253
    Ogre in the Playground

C. 787

To help more, Yes Demon Dragon With Tentacles, based off of This Pic.

IA DAGON!

I was hopeing for a Ability to grant minor/major spells based off of Dagon Knowing "Forbidden and Forgeton lore".

Also Make this power Reasonable but as powerful, as I only have one Homebrew spot left and if this Dragon is not accpted then I lose it.

Thanks!

Edit, Kinda melding this, Anyone know of a Race that is Dagon but Medium size? if there aint then might someone attempt this?
    Last edited by ShadowFireLance; 2012-07-10 at 05:41 PM.
    I love Ceika <3

Extended Sig

14. - Top - End - #254
    Orc in the Playground

C. 787
    one final question before i start working on it, what do you mean by 1 homebrew spot left?
    Last edited by ArkenBrony; 2012-07-10 at 06:14 PM.

15. - Top - End - #255
    Ogre in the Playground

C787

That really dont matter with the Creature, However what I meant was I can request one more homebrew monster/Class/Etc.

So how done are you?
    I love Ceika <3

Extended Sig

16. - Top - End - #256
    Orc in the Playground

H. 787

Dagon Dragon
    {table=head]size|space/reach|1 bite|2 claws|2 tentacles|2 more tentacles|4 more tentacles|8 more tentacles

Medium|
    5 ft./5 ft.
    |1d8|1d6|1d4|-|-|-

Large|
    10 ft./5 ft. (10 ft. with bite and tentacles)
    |2d6|1d8|1d6|1d6|-|-

Huge|
    15 ft./10 ft. (15 ft. with bite and tentacles)
    |2d8|2d6|1d8|1d8|1d8|-

Gargantuan|
    20 ft./15 ft/ (20 ft. with bite and tentacles)
    |4d6|2d8|2d6|2d6|2d6|2d6

Colossal|
    30 ft./20 ft. (30 ft. with bite and tentacles)
    |4d8|4d6|2d8|2d8|2d8|2d8[/table]

Bite: Bite attacks deal the indicated damage plus the dragons strength bonus. a dragon can also use its bite to snatch opponents if it has the snatch feat.
    Claw: claw attacks deal the indicated damage plus 1/2 the dragons strength bonus. a dragon can also use its claws to snatch opponents if it has the snatch feat. claw attacks are secondary attacks, requiring a -5 penalty on the attack roll.
    Tentacle: tentacle attacks deal the indicated damage plus 1/2 the dragons strength bonus. a dragon can also use its tentacles to snatch opponents if it has the snatch feat. tentacle attacks are secondary attacks, requiring a -5 penalty on the attack roll.

Dragon Breath Weapon
    {table=head]Dragon size|Cone length

Medium|30 ft.

Large|40 ft.

Huge|50 ft.

Gargantuan|60 ft.

Colossal|70 ft.[/table]

Dagon Dragon
    Dragon (water)
    Environment: Deep sea and oceans
    organization:Wyrmling, very young, juvenile, and young adult: solitary or clutch (2-5); Adult, mature adult, old, very old, ancient, wyrm, and great wyrm: solitary, pair, or family (1-2 and 2-5 offspring)
    Challenge rating: (now this is an estimate, probably wrong) Wyrmling 3, very young 4, young 6, juvenile 10, young adult 13, adult 15, mature adult 18, old 20, very old 21, ancient 23, wyrm 24, great warm 27
    Treasure: Triple standard
    Alignment: always chaotic evil
    Advance: Wyrmling 8-9, very young 11-12, young 14-15, juvenile 17-18, young adult 20-21, adult 23-24, mature adult 26-27, old 29-30, very old 32-33, ancient 35-36, wyrm 38-39, great wyrm 41+
    level adjustment: wyrmling +3, very young +5, young +6, others -

By age
    Spoiler
    Show

{table=head]Age|Size|Hit Dice (hp)|Str|Dex|Con|Int|Wis|Cha|Base Attack /Grapple|Attack|Fort save|Ref save|Will save|Breath weapon (DC)|Frightful presence DC|Speed|initiative|AC|Special abilities|caster level|SR

Wyrmling|M|7d12+14(59)|17|10|15|10|11|10|+7/+10|+10|+7|+5|+5|2d6(15)|-|40 ft. swim 100 ft.|+0|16 (+6 natural) touch 10, flatfooted 16|immunity to sonic, water breathing|-|-

Very young|L|10d12+30(95)|21|10|17|12|13|12|+10/+19|+14|+10|+7|+8|4d6(18)|-|40 ft. swim 100 ft.|+0|18 (-1 size, +9 natural) touch 9, flatfooted 18| |-|-

Young|L|13d12+39(123)|25|10|17|12|13|12|+13/+24|+19|+11|+8|+9|6d6(19)|-|40 ft. swim 100 ft.|+0|21 (-1 size, +12 natural) touch 9, flatfooted 21| |1st|-

Juvenile|L|16d12+64(168)|29|10|19|14|15|14|+16/+29|+24|+14|+10|+12|8d6(22)|-|40 ft. swim 100 ft.|+0|24 (-1 size, +15 natural) touch 9, flatfooted 24|darkness|3rd|-

Young adult|H|19d12+95(218)|31|10|21|14|15|14|+19/+37|+27|+16|+11|+13|10d6(24)|21|40 ft. swim 100 ft.|+0|26 (-2 size, +18 natural) touch 8, flatfooted 26| DR 5/magic|5th|19

Adult|H|22d12+110(253)|33|10|21|16|19|16|+22/+41|+31|+18|+13|+17|12d6(26)|24|40 ft. swim 100 ft.|+0|29 (-2 size, +21 natural) touch 8, flatfooted 29|corrupt water|7th|21

Mature adult|H|25d12+150(312)|33|10|23|18|19|18|+25/+44|+34|+20|+14|+18|14d6(28)|26|40 ft. swim 100 ft.|+0|32 (-2 size, +24 natural) touch 8, flatfooted 32|DR 10/magic|9th|23

Old|G|28d12+196(378)|35|10|25|20|21|20|+28/+52|+36|+23|+16|+21|16d6(31)|29|40 ft. swim 150 ft.|+0|33 (-4 size, +27 natural) touch 6, flatfooted 33|confusion|11th|24

Very old|G|31d12+248(449)|37|10|27|22|23|22|+31/+56|+40|+25|+17|+23|18d6(33)|31|40 ft. swim 150 ft.|+0|36 (-4 size, +30 natural armor) touch 6, flatfooted 36|DR 15/magic|13th|26

Ancient|G|34d12+306(527)|39|10|29|24|25|24|+34/+60|+44|+28|+19|+26|20d6(36)|34|40 ft. swim 150 ft.|+0|39 (-4 size, +33 natural armor) touch 6, flatfooted 39|song of discord|15th|28

Wyrm|G|37d12+370(610)|41|10|31|24|25|24|+37/+60|+48|+30|+20|+27|22d6(38)|35|40 ft. swim 150 ft.|+0|42 (-4 size, +36 natural armor) touch 6, flatfooted 42|DR 20/magic|17th|30

Great wyrm|C|40d12+400(660)|45|10|31|26|27|26|+40/+73|+49|+32|+22|+30|24d6(40)|38|40 ft. swim 150 ft.|+0|41 (-8 size, +39 natural armor) touch 2, flatfooted 41|charm deep ones|19th|32[/table]
    *A Dagon dragon also receives spells from the cleric spell list, and those from the madness, water, and knowledge domain

Breath weapon (Su): A dagon dragon may breath a cone of maddening phrases that rend the mind, the DC is a will save, being deaf makes you immune. recharge 1-4 rounds.
    Water breathing: a dagon dragon may breath underwater indefinitely and can freely use its breath weapon, spells, and other abilities while submerged
    corrupt water (Sp): once per day an adult or older dagon dragon can stagnate 10 cubic feet of water, making it become still, foul, and unable to support life. the ability spoils liquids containing water, magic items (such as potions) and items in a creatures possession must succeed on a will save (DC equal to the dragons frightening presence DC) or become fouled. this ability is equivalent to a first level spell, its range is equal to that of the dragons frightening presence.
    Charm Deep ones (Sp): a great wyrm dagon dragon can use this ability three times per day. it functions as a mass charm spell that affects only aquatic humanoids. the dragon can communicate with any charmed humanoids as though casting a tongues spell. this ability is the equivalent of a 1st level spell.
    Spell-like abilities: 3/day - Darkness(juvenile or older, radius 10 ft per age category), song of discord(ancient or older); 1/day - confusion (old or older)
    skills: hide, move silently, and swim are considered class skills
    Last edited by ArkenBrony; 2012-07-11 at 11:52 AM.

17. - Top - End - #257
    Pixie in the Playground

SamuraiGuy

Hi. Completely new to this forum. Been out of the 3.5 area for awhile and decided to get back in. Anyway! On to my request!

I'm looking for a DND 3.5 generalized adaptation of Unlimited Blade Works from Fate/ Stay Night. That is to say I want it to grant the ability to replace reality with one's own mind, but not be restricted to the field of swords Archer/Emiya has characterized it as. It should be psionic-based for apparent reasons. The end result should incredibly shift the odds of battle to the caster/envoker's favor. To off-set this it should have some pretty steep prereqs or casting requirements. I know it's not very specific when I say, "replace reality with one's own mind" because that could be practically anything. So there should be some sort of system that would allow you to characterize your reality marble when you obtain the spell or over time. I would appreciate any idea bc This is one of my most favorite abilities I've seen in any show ever.

Oh, and I realize not everyone has seen Fate/ Stay Night, so here's a link to the wiki if you're interested:

http://typemoon.wikia.com/wiki/TYPE-MOON_Wiki

On a side note, I'm also looking for ideas for Archetype classes for the seven servants summoned by the Holy Grail for the Heaven's Feel for a campaign I'm thinking about doing. Please PM me if you have any ideas. :)

18. - Top - End - #258
    Dwarf in the Playground

R789

I wish to ask for monstrous insect races. We have the thri kreen(?) race.
    I was reading a horror manga a couple days ago and it involved evolved cockroaches (they looked mostly human)

Plot: humans terra formed Mars with fungus and cockroaches. Time passed and humans sent a team to check on the progress. They were all wiped out. They sent another team that were engineered by insects themselves to help give them a fighting chance. They go into detail about real bugs and the change that happens in the human(they go into a hybrid form)

cockroaches: http://www.batoto.net/read/_/102756/...1_by_utopia/39
    ground beetle:http://www.batoto.net/read/_/104229/...2_by_utopia/23
    paraponera(type of ant)[i read online that the dung beetle can carry 1000 times its weight but I guess it probably wouldn't seem as impressive.]
    http://www.batoto.net/read/_/105667/...3_by_utopia/11
    (Sleeping Chironomid);http://www.batoto.net/read/_/111742/...h5_by_utopia/6

I'll stop there. Just wanted to show some of the extreme examples. I came to be really impressed by insects because of that.

I ask for some monstrous humanoids or perhaps insectoid lycanthrope races.

I might be asking a lot but I think it would be quite an impressive collection of monsters to be used in unique setting.

It seems a bit extensive for one person. But it would be nice to get many examples in a single place(seperate thread?).
    Last edited by Merchant; 2012-07-20 at 05:25 AM.

19. - Top - End - #259
    Troll in the Playground

PirateGirl

C. 789.

You might want to take a look at the Carabi here: http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showp...85&postcount=1

And dragon magazine #352 has a couple of articles based on China Miéville's book, Perdido Street Station, including racial stats for the khepri (female humanoids with cockroach-likeheads).

Debby
    P.E.A.C.H. Please Evaluate And Critique Honestly. Being nicer and kinder doesn't hurt either. Note I generally only critique 3.5 and Pathfinder material.
    Please, please, please when using non-core material, cite to the books. There are too many books to wade through to find the one with the feat, special ability or spell you use.
    my creations in homebrew signature thread

20. - Top - End - #260
    Dwarf in the Playground

R: 790
    A duelist like baseclass preferably one that is decent

21. - Top - End - #261
    Pixie in the Playground

MindFlayer

C. 788 (The request to create a class/PrC that used a mechanic similar to the reality marble in the Fate/Stay multiverse)

Well, before homebrewing a class, I can suggest two in-game ways to emulate the whole reality marble concept. One, the Planar Shepard gains an ability similar to this, which can be reflavored to a mental plane. The second method is the non-epic super-psion spell, genesis, with some spell that allows you to teleport unwilling subjects.

I also know there is a homebrewed warrior class that works off of the idea of teleporting someone to an alternate reality, although I cannot seem to find it.
    Last edited by SanguineEmpires; 2012-07-21 at 12:39 AM.

22. - Top - End - #262
    Ettin in the Playground

R.791

An Epic magic item that takes up the head slot and is called "Goggles of Something" (with the word "something" being replaced with something that fits its Epic magic). It should combine the effects of True Seeing, Analyse Dweomer, and Greater Arcane Sight, preferably with some unique abilities of its own tacked on.
    Spoiler: Vanity quotes
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Strigon View Post
    Wow.
    That took a very sudden turn for the dark.

I salute you.
    Quote Originally Posted by AuthorGirl View Post
    I wish it was possible to upvote here.

I use braces (also known as "curly brackets") to indicate sarcasm. If there are none present, I probably believe what I am saying; should it turn out to be inaccurate trivia, please tell me rather than trying to play along with an apparent joke I don't know I'm making.

23. - Top - End - #263
    Titan in the Playground

H 791

Goggles of Perfect Vision

These goggles let you see things as they truly are, as with a true seeing spell. Additionally you know the names and properties of all magic items you see, as well any spells or spell like abilities that are in effect. You recognize spellcasters by sight, whether they are arcane or divine (or psionic, with psionics transparency), and the level of the highest level spell they can cast. You recognize any artifact as well as any properties it has that are part of common lore (some may have other unknown properties). You know the name and all abilities of any creature you see that was constructed entirely from magic, such as golems. 3 times per day you may focus on a particular object or creature, magical or not, as if casting a vision spell. You also gain superior low light vision (in addition to true seeing's ability to completely overcome darkness within its range) and the ability to see normally even if you have poor vision or are blind. Thus you gain immunity to blindness and similar effects. For all their benefits these goggles do not grant the ability to see through objects, as with x-ray vision, nor through fog (whether magical or natural). Nor do they reveal mundane disguises or mundane concealment.

Overwhelming divination; CL 21st; Craft Wondrous Item, Craft Epic Wondrous Item, true seeing, analyze dweomer, greater arcane sight, vision; Price 775,000 gp; Cost 350,000 gp + 45,000 XP; Weight -

Other Comments: I gave a discount on the 21 caster level because it didn't seem fair for effects that aren't really dependent on it. Would be 950k otherwise. At minimum caster level it would be 550k. Plus a little more for misc effects.
    Last edited by ericgrau; 2012-07-27 at 02:40 PM.
    So you never have to interrupt a game to look up a rule again:
    My 3.5e Rules Cheat Sheets: Normal, With Consolidated Skill System
    TOGC's 3.5e Spell/etc Cards: rpgnow / drivethru rpg
    Utilities: Magic Item Shop Generator (Req. MS Excel), Balanced Low Magic Item System
    Printable Cardstock Dungeon Tiles and other terrain stuff (100 MB)

24. - Top - End - #264
    Troll in the Playground

C 790: Exactly what parts of the Duelist's abilities do you want to have? Most Martial Classes are best done via ToB, so you could simply take a Martial Adept, run around with light armor and a rapier, and call yourself a Duelist. Alternatively, a Swash/Rogue Daring Outlaw is reasonably competent as well, and fits the image.
    ESPRE Super Powers Roleplay Engine: An open game RPG about super powers.
    Spoiler
    Show

Trissociate 3.5 Homebrew Base Class. Mix & match abilites & templates to make virtually any sort of character!
    Emerald Legion A Mind Flayer's guide to breeding Ikea Tarrasques
    The Blob Ikea Tarrasques Redux through Fusion+Astral Seed
    Spellblade Tennis Throw out nigh infinite spells per round
    Sleeping Raven Infinite Blood Frenzy Nigh infinite melee damage exploit

25. - Top - End - #265
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Ballista View Post
    R782
    Requesting a Monster Class for Worm that Walks, essentially making it into a feasibly player character. Perhaps capitalizing and scaling the Engulf ability?
    C 782
    Like... a 26-level base class? That may be beyond the scope here.

26. - Top - End - #266
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by ericgrau View Post
    snip
    C.791

Awesome! Thanks!
    Spoiler: Vanity quotes
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Strigon View Post
    Wow.
    That took a very sudden turn for the dark.

I salute you.
    Quote Originally Posted by AuthorGirl View Post
    I wish it was possible to upvote here.

I use braces (also known as "curly brackets") to indicate sarcasm. If there are none present, I probably believe what I am saying; should it turn out to be inaccurate trivia, please tell me rather than trying to play along with an apparent joke I don't know I'm making.

27. - Top - End - #267
    Dwarf in the Playground

R. 792

Curious what would be the lowest level modifier and monster entry for an outsider (Possibly an Aberation) with the following traits;
    Flight
    2 natural attacks with reach
    An option to advance the creature to 4 natural attacks
    And the inate ability to teleprt at will like a jaunty fellow.

Purpose: I am setting up a skype campaign which will be run episodicly. Set in the modern day where the D&D pantheon has been asleep for a few millenia. One of them is about to wake up, and this creature will be the PC's first encounter with a sentient being that isn't a human. As such I plan on playing up the "WTF" factor as much as possible during the encounter. The reason I ask for as low a level modifier as possible is so that later on the creature type can return and mix things up with class levels.

28. - Top - End - #268
    Dwarf in the Playground

R793-4
    I am not sure if remaking things counts as homebrew or not. I would like if some could remake the dvati and synad race and add some homebrew racial feats.

29. - Top - End - #269

Quote Originally Posted by Zelkon View Post
    C785: If I gave up BAB increases at 1st, 5th, and 9th for full caster, what else would I have to give up to still be balanced?
    Just going to reiterate my question here, see if anyon picks it up.

30. - Top - End - #270
    Titan in the Playground

C 792
    This is difficult to set because these things are epic at level 5 and useless at level 20. A few ways around this would be:

• LA buyoff
    • Picking a high LA appropriate for low levels yet also adding in things which are useful at high levels, like high ability scores.
    • Picking a low LA but making its abilities scale by level : Give them less abilities at low levels and more as they progress in hit dice.

I think the last one could be done at LA 1 or 2, depending how early/late they get the abilities. Maybe 3 if you want them at moderate/early levels.
    Last edited by ericgrau; 2012-07-25 at 10:06 PM.
    So you never have to interrupt a game to look up a rule again:
    My 3.5e Rules Cheat Sheets: Normal, With Consolidated Skill System
    TOGC's 3.5e Spell/etc Cards: rpgnow / drivethru rpg
    Utilities: Magic Item Shop Generator (Req. MS Excel), Balanced Low Magic Item System
    Printable Cardstock Dungeon Tiles and other terrain stuff (100 MB)