New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Barbarian in the Playground

Chimera

Default The Inheritance Wars (Team Dark)

Previously . . .

Archibald, the Wizard conjures the ordinary but gifted protagonists into an unknown location inside of another dimension, telling them that they've been gifted with unique abilities and supernatural powers from throughout the multiverse. They were tasked with questioning Franklin, another Wizard, who was in London, about what he was doing, why he was teaching magic users en masse. Bringing a cooperative Franklin into custody, the protagonists enjoy exposition from Franklin back at Archibald's palace dimension.

Summary of exposition:
    There are three kingdoms throughout the known multiverse. Earth is just outside those three major realms. One ruler is very good, one ruler is somewhat bad, and one ruler is kind of good. Basically Earth is in danger of being recruited and/or annexed into the three way civil war for years to come. To make things worse, there are many spies throughout Earth's territory, and there are multiple targets for espionage and/or assassination.

Martha Cunningham, a powerful witch located in Haven, Maine, and Wei Huang, a powerful martial artist who is in Aztec, New Mexico, both high profile targets. The group, now split into Team Light and Team Dark go to Aztec, New Mexico, and Haven, Maine, discovering that Wei is under attack by a small zombified army, and that hundreds of children are in a mysterious coma in the small town in Maine.

Quote Originally Posted by DarthArminius View Post
    Each time one of the souless individuals dies, whether through a broken neck, or even an exploded body. The bodies appear to simply reconstitute themselves. Wei turns to Erica. . . "Oh, I forgot to mention, that's what happens when they die."

He takes Henri's hand and shakes in a friendly manner.
    "The curses are back. After four years of quiet and peace in Haven, they have returned. The people in Haven are beginning to panic, and worst of all, over two hundred children have mysteriously slipped into a coma. "
    I am ArlEammon. I've been here since 2004, but I've lost access to my other account.

2. - Top - End - #2
    Halfling in the Playground

Default Re: The Inheritance Wars (Team Dark)

Henri gives a firm shake back and scrunched up her brows

"What are the children's symptoms? Are there any common factors amongst them? Is there any record of a Trouble causing something like this before?"

Henri wondered if this was more on their side of a problem or another Sin or worse, another Inheritor. But another thought occurred to her then

"This is Ken" she gestured to her companion. "Don't let his appearance fool you, he's a capable fighter"

3. - Top - End - #3
    Pixie in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Cambion View Post

"What are the children's symptoms? Are there any common factors amongst them? Is there any record of a Trouble causing something like this before?"

Henri wondered if this was more on their side of a problem or another Sin or worse, another Inheritor. But another thought occurred to her then

"This is Ken" she gestured to her companion. "Don't let his appearance fool you, he's a capable fighter"
    Scrunching his face, Ken picks up a rock before he chucks it fastball style at Henri as he continues delving farther and farther into an alien mentality in the effort to protect himself from mind readers that seem to be aplenty in their group.

He very much dislikes people being able to cipher his name so easily that he's been trying to not be thrown around easily with the apparent magical nature of all of this. Who knows how much value anything has when the supernatural becomes involved.

4. - Top - End - #4
    Ettin in the Playground

While Henri and the Kid keep talking to the cop Marc decides to start digging for Martha Cunningham, Sherlock is on his way and he still hasn't pinged that he found something. But still Marc feels like he needs to get moving. Opting for easy solutions usually being the best, he googles Martha Cunningham on his phone, looking for an address, and info on the person.
    Thanks a lot Gengy for the awesome... just a sec... avatar. :)

5. - Top - End - #5

Quote Originally Posted by Noob5674 View Post
    Scrunching his face, Ken picks up a rock before he chucks it fastball style at Henri as he continues delving farther and farther into an alien mentality in the effort to protect himself from mind readers that seem to be aplenty in their group.

He very much dislikes people being able to cipher his name so easily that he's been trying to not be thrown around easily with the apparent magical nature of all of this. Who knows how much value anything has when the supernatural becomes involved.
    Henri doesn't react when the rock lodges into her head. She keeps talking as the rock moved into her head as the area around it dissolves into bugs, moving the rock towards ger mouth. With a cough, Henri spits the rock into her hand and discreetly flicks it back at the kid when she puts her hand down

6. - Top - End - #6

Chimera

"Well yes. . . a Trouble has done this before. Only last time the victims of this Trouble had dreamless sleep. Asking what the symptoms are, the symptoms seem to be dreaming. The children are all sleeping, but they're in a dreaming sleep. The local newcomer Martha Cunningham seems to be comforting them in their sleep."
    I am ArlEammon. I've been here since 2004, but I've lost access to my other account.

7. - Top - End - #7

"Well yes. . . a Trouble has done this before. Only last time the victims of this Trouble had dreamless sleep. Asking what the symptoms are, the symptoms seem to be dreaming. The children are all sleeping, but they're in a dreaming sleep. The local newcomer Martha Cunningham seems to be comforting them in their sleep."
    "How was it stopped before? And what role does Cunningham play in all this? Did she cause this, is she being effected to but differently or is she perhaps protecting the children, somehow, from something else" Henri rattled off

8. - Top - End - #8

Chimera

"How was it stopped before? And what role does Cunningham play in all this? Did she cause this, is she being effected to but differently or is she perhaps protecting the children, somehow, from something else" Henri rattled off
    "Haven Hospital is the place with the answers here. You should talk with her yourself, but we have no evidence she caused any of this, for your information."

9. - Top - End - #9

"Haven Hospital is the place with the answers here. You should talk with her yourself, but we have no evidence she caused any of this, for your information."
    "Well let's head there" Henri decided as she looked from the cop to Ken

"Anything you want to ask or add?" she asked

Henri rolled her shoulders as she released dozens of flying bugs from the back of her neck, to scout around town for anything odd

10. - Top - End - #10
    Pixie in the Playground

Henri doesn't react when the rock lodges into her head. She keeps talking as the rock moved into her head as the area around it dissolves into bugs, moving the rock towards ger mouth. With a cough, Henri spits the rock into her hand and discreetly flicks it back at the kid when she puts her hand down
    While the flicked rock didn't really hurt the kid much...it still hurt. Very few would take the pain badly, much less the kid or the ocean of rage inside of him. However...in his head, a small page of a picture book appears. And he turns full red. Every part of himself that was pure white before, turns blood red as he begins walking towards Henri slowly as steam seems to be fuming from his head in an almost cartoonish manner.

11. - Top - End - #11

Quote Originally Posted by Noob5674 View Post
    While the flicked rock didn't really hurt the kid much...it still hurt. Very few would take the pain badly, much less the kid or the ocean of rage inside of him. However...in his head, a small page of a picture book appears. And he turns full red. Every part of himself that was pure white before, turns blood red as he begins walking towards Henri slowly as steam seems to be fuming from his head in an almost cartoonish manner.
    Henri sees Ken getting in a mood and tried to stop things from starting

"You need to calm down now before you start making things worse" she warned

Around them the temperature started to rise subtly

12. - Top - End - #12

Chimera

"Well let's head there" Henri decided as she looked from the cop to Ken

"Anything you want to ask or add?" she asked

Henri rolled her shoulders as she released dozens of flying bugs from the back of her neck, to scout around town for anything odd

The bugs didn't seem to catch anything odd, except for the occasional child falling to sleep out of nowhere. At the Haven hospital, there appears to be a witch in the lobby. This was a most unusual site.

https://ibb.co/JqN2WRs
    Last edited by DarthArminius; 2019-10-13 at 08:29 PM.

13. - Top - End - #13

The bugs didn't seem to catch anything odd, except for the occasional child falling to sleep out of nowhere. At the Haven hospital, there appears to be a witch in the lobby. This was a most unusual site.

https://ibb.co/JqN2WRs
    Seeing what her bugs were reporting, Henri decided to focus on the mission then getting into a fight with her teammate

"I'm gonna check out the hospital and a possible lead" she told Ken and the cops

Henri vanishes in a swirl of flames and arrives at the hospital. She walks up to the old woman that loomed lime she walked off the set of Lord of the Rings

"Hello"

14. - Top - End - #14

Chimera

Seeing what her bugs were reporting, Henri decided to focus on the mission then getting into a fight with her teammate

"I'm gonna check out the hospital and a possible lead" she told Ken and the cops

Henri vanishes in a swirl of flames and arrives at the hospital. She walks up to the old woman that loomed lime she walked off the set of Lord of the Rings

"Hello"
    "Oh hello. I would be the Martha Cunningham you're after. And no, I can't go with you. Not yet."

"Before you ask, yes, it's about the children. No, I haven't found any answers, and do you have any more questions?"

15. - Top - End - #15
    Pixie in the Playground

Henri sees Ken getting in a mood and tried to stop things from starting

"You need to calm down now before you start making things worse" she warned

Around them the temperature started to rise subtly
    In a calming pool of unknown resolve, the kid continues walking forward. It seems almost as if he can't hear a thing, and even with the might and unstoppable nature of his other 2 Inheritances, he's not stopping from walking closer.

Albeit, neither of those 2 seems to mind him going up to Henri. Probably due to it not really being out of a blind rage...but something more familiar. And quite ironic, but not that it would be known to anyone here, what with the Force user not being here to mediate the situation.

Either way, the kid's body seems to shift from under his skin as much of his power becomes unbound with the desire to punish those who have done harm to a member of the B̸̶̩̥̝̫̯͚̜͉̖͖̫̯̦̹̲̯̭̮̳́͘͟l͕̰̬̠̜̭͇̯̘̼̱̙̫̞͘a̹̫͎̱̙̠͜͜ ̙̰̞̣͖͙͔̳̲̝̰͍ͅc̷̨̠̪͖̹̜͈̮͖̜͍͍̲̩̟͔̖̮͎͢k҉̷̤͙͍͈͍̰̤̘̟́͟͢ ̫͈̖̖͎ ̸̧͚̗͈͍͓͕F̢͇̬̣͔̫̖̖͉͔̩̲̺́o̶̵̡͔̻̝̞͓̣̣͎̲̭̖̝r̸̡̢̢̪̲͎̯͝ͅ ̪̭̲̪̞͍̹̪̫̺͇̞e̸̵̫̭̙̖̙ͅͅs̢̛̼̣̼̲̪t҉̴̨͙̥͕̤̥͚̥̪̰̘͚̗͎̀̀ͅ ̭͖̼͖̞. Whether the kid should be feared though is debatable.

16. - Top - End - #16

"Oh hello. I would be the Martha Cunningham you're after. And no, I can't go with you. Not yet."

"Before you ask, yes, it's about the children. No, I haven't found any answers, and do you have any more questions?"
    Henri was left speechless at the blunt and abrupt response from Martha. She couldn't sense any hostility or deceit from the woman. So she decided to offer her help

"Is there anything I can do to help?"

17. - Top - End - #17

Chimera

Henri was left speechless at the blunt and abrupt response from Martha. She couldn't sense any hostility or deceit from the woman. So she decided to offer her help

"Is there anything I can do to help?"
    "Well, I don't know. The children are all in a sleep, like you know. If I wasn't here they would be suffering nightmares."

"As it turns out, they are living the same day over and over again. Before I came they were in a nightmare, I have managed to replace their nightmares with sweet dreams, but I'm afraid if they remain in this sleep for too long, eventually they will die. Some strange energy is slowly consuming their consciousness, once that's done, they'll be dead."

18. - Top - End - #18

"Well, I don't know. The children are all in a sleep, like you know. If I wasn't here they would be suffering nightmares."

"As it turns out, they are living the same day over and over again. Before I came they were in a nightmare, I have managed to replace their nightmares with sweet dreams, but I'm afraid if they remain in this sleep for too long, eventually they will die. Some strange energy is slowly consuming their consciousness, once that's done, they'll be dead."
    "Do you know who's causing the nightmares or have you figured out what connects the children?"

Henri was starting to become frustrated with her lack of being useful to the situation. She didn't have telepathy nor the means to stop the energy drain

"You gotta give me somewhere to start. An idea of where to begin, anything"

19. - Top - End - #19
    Ettin in the Playground

"Do you know who's causing the nightmares or have you figured out what connects the children?"

Henri was starting to become frustrated with her lack of being useful to the situation. She didn't have telepathy nor the means to stop the energy drain

Marc pats Henri's shoulder, he shares on the frustration.

"Okay, why don't we get all the kids and you to some place safe, and you can keep examining there. We can get some more medical, or magical, experts too. Will that work for you?"

20. - Top - End - #20

Quote Originally Posted by thethird View Post
    Marc pats Henri's shoulder, he shares on the frustration.

"Okay, why don't we get all the kids and you to some place safe, and you can keep examining there. We can get some more medical, or magical, experts too. Will that work for you?"
    "I have the perfect place in mind. It should be next to impregnable and could easily serve as a research lab" Henri said

She looked between the two as she talked and wondered if it was a sound idea

21. - Top - End - #21

Chimera

"Sorry I can't think of anything. I do know however, that this isn't a Trouble like the locals believe. The Troubles stopped years ago. It was their only connection to the supernatural before, so they think they've come back."

22. - Top - End - #22
    Ettin in the Playground

"I have the perfect place in mind. It should be next to impregnable and could easily serve as a research lab" Henri said

She looked between the two as she talked and wondered if it was a sound idea
    "I was actually thinking of getting her where we met. But that's also an option."

"Sorry I can't think of anything. I do know however, that this isn't a Trouble like the locals believe. The Troubles stopped years ago. It was their only connection to the supernatural before, so they think they've come back."
    "Okay as I see it, this is happening here, to non specific children. So moving somewhere else is probably a good idea. What is causing It might follow, and stop happening here in Haven and give us a lead. Or it might not follow, giving us more room to examine the kids. Anyway doing nothing won't give us answers."

As he was speaking he mentally commanded the shadow of the greatest detective ever to look for whoever was behind this.

23. - Top - End - #23

Quote Originally Posted by thethird View Post
    "I was actually thinking of getting her where we met. But that's also an option."

"Okay as I see it, this is happening here, to non specific children. So moving somewhere else is probably a good idea. What is causing It might follow, and stop happening here in Haven and give us a lead. Or it might not follow, giving us more room to examine the kids. Anyway doing nothing won't give us answers."

As he was speaking he mentally commanded the shadow of the greatest detective ever to look for whoever was behind this.
    "I have a teleporting castle" Henri offered

Mentally she began to summon the cast to the town. Aiming it's arrive at the waterfront to avoid any unnecessary damage

24. - Top - End - #24
    Pixie in the Playground

It's only at this point that Ken manages to actually get close to Henri after turning red, and with his small stature and nonchalant but steady pace towards them, nobody seemed to be paying attention to him. Of course, it's hard to not after what he's about to do.

His chest splits to reveal his 'beak', which looks like a blood-red fleshy jaw that split into four sections lined with teeth and muscle. While he normally couldn't do much harm even if he wanted to, now, this 'beak' would very well be able to crush a person caught in its jaw like a wet bag of blood and gore.

And with his short stature, it's gonna basically de-leg Henri.

25. - Top - End - #25
    Troll in the Playground

Daemon

There was a solid whump, as another Inheritor left Archibald's care, signalling the arrival of what was, by all appearances, cybernetic anubis, who looked around the entrance of the hospital.

Spoiler: Size spoiler, Appearance
    Show

"I was told I was being sent to the Inheritors to see a witch about putting the Earth to threat."
    Quote Originally Posted by Me
    I'm not feeling conquery.

26. - Top - End - #26

Quote Originally Posted by 5ColouredWalker View Post
    There was a solid whump, as another Inheritor left Archibald's care, signalling the arrival of what was, by all appearances, cybernetic anubis, who looked around the entrance of the hospital.

Spoiler: Size spoiler, Appearance
    Show

"I was told I was being sent to the Inheritors to see a witch about putting the Earth to threat."
    Henri turned to the latest arrival in their little crew and was at a lost of words. She had no idea how to even begin processing what she was seeing but to take it in stride

"We're trying to figure out who's trying to kill the town's children through nightmares. Me. Cunningham here has been keeping them in a dreamlike state to lessen the stress and effects. But it's only delating their deaths not stopping it. Do you have a way of getting in their psyches or revigorating their life essences?" Henri asked hopefully

The water in the bay rippled and swayed as did gravity itself. In a flickering flash, the infamouse Castlevania had appeared

27. - Top - End - #27

Chimera

Henri turned to the latest arrival in their little crew and was at a lost of words. She had no idea how to even begin processing what she was seeing but to take it in stride

"We're trying to figure out who's trying to kill the town's children through nightmares. Me. Cunningham here has been keeping them in a dreamlike state to lessen the stress and effects. But it's only delating their deaths not stopping it. Do you have a way of getting in their psyches or revigorating their life essences?" Henri asked hopefully

The water in the bay rippled and swayed as did gravity itself. In a flickering flash, the infamouse Castlevania had appeared
    "Unfortunately," Martha began, "I tried all that. Whoever has done this is more powerful than I am."
    ((Where did Castlevania appear?))

28. - Top - End - #28
    Troll in the Playground

Daemon

"I- Watch out!"
    Seeing what looks to all intents and purposes is a monster trying to take the limbs of one of the people around him off, Erick does the smart thing and shoots at Ken, a pulse of bright blue T-Energy plasma launching towards Ken while a field of blue hexagons snaps into being around him.
    Quote Originally Posted by Me
    I'm not feeling conquery.

29. - Top - End - #29

Henri turns around at the commotion and sees Ken trying to attack her but the new guy stopped him dead in his tracks. With an exasperated sigh she pit some more space between herself and Ken

"Kid, seriously, calm the hell down"

She turned back to Martha and spoke to the new guy too

"Should we start moving the kids to the castle now?"

30. - Top - End - #30

Chimera

Henri turns around at the commotion and sees Ken trying to attack her but the new guy stopped him dead in his tracks. With an exasperated sigh she pit some more space between herself and Ken

"Kid, seriously, calm the hell down"

She turned back to Martha and spoke to the new guy too

"Should we start moving the kids to the castle now?"
    "Yes. Also, by moving the castle to just outside the town, you're kind of causing a panic. They're going to think that the Troubles are back."