The Order of the Stick: Utterly Dwarfed
The Order of the Stick: Utterly Dwarfed - Coming in December and available for pre-order now
Page 4 of 38 FirstFirst 123456789101112131429 ... LastLast
Results 91 to 120 of 1127
  1. - Top - End - #91
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    Daryk's Avatar

    Join Date
    Nov 2007

    Default Re: [3.5] Ryclend Deephold

    Craban

    "Boss! Boss! Manticore, flying this way!" the raven croaked as he dove for the safety of his master.

    In response, Halad nocked an arrow and found a suitable firing position from which to engage a flying foe.

    Spoiler
    Show
    Looking for a bit of cover from the manticore, and using rapid shot to its maximum effect (including the additional bonus for the Prayer, huzzah for Luck bonuses stacking with themselves!):
    Attack #1: (1d20+12)[18]
    Damage #1: (1d8+7)[11]
    Attack #2: (1d20+12)[27]
    Damage #2: (1d8+7)[13]
    Attack #3: (1d20+8)[10]
    Damage #3: (1d8+7)[13]
    And before I forget, Ryn dives for full cover until the manticore lands, while Craban takes cover behind Halad.

  2. - Top - End - #92
    Orc in the Playground
     
    Dark_Stalion's Avatar

    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Behind you.
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: [3.5] Ryclend Deephold

    Bartholemu

    Spoiler
    Show
    Free action: Nerveskitter (+5 initiative)
    initiative: (1d20+12)[15]
    Standard action: Stone Shape
    Move action: cower


    The little man sqeeks in fear at the mention of the beast in the sky and almost immediately the ground infront of him shimmers, wavers and starts to flow up into a wave, a wall behind which a cowardly person could crouch.

    Spoiler
    Show
    The wave should be 1 foot thick, 3 feet high and 5 feet wide (15 cu. ft.) behind which Bartholemu can hide. Should opffer at least partial cover from ground level.


    The coward looks momentarily dismayed by the size of the barrier before he dissappears behind it, shaking with fear and addrenelin.
    The management holds no responsibility for loss of sanity while reading this post.

    Kurt

  3. - Top - End - #93
    Dwarf in the Playground
     
    MonkGuy

    Join Date
    Apr 2011

    Default Re: [3.5] Ryclend Deephold

    Spoiler
    Show

    iniative (1d20+5)[14]



    Terev waits for the manticore to come closer, he can do nothing to it now

    swift: enter punishing stance (-2ac +1d6 damage)

  4. - Top - End - #94
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    PaladinGuy

    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Five minutes late
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: [3.5] Ryclend Deephold

    attack no. 2
    Spoiler
    Show
    (1d20+6)[16]

    damage
    Spoiler
    Show
    (1d6)[1]

    also, i fire only when the manticore is within 60 ft
    Last edited by white rider; 2011-11-01 at 03:37 PM.
    My wifi is down. It should be back up by the 22nd. Sorry, snowy, morcy, drack, hat, etc.

  5. - Top - End - #95
    Bugbear in the Playground
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Australia
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: [3.5] Ryclend Deephold

    Sienna squints at the sky, then ducks behind the opposite side of Bartholomu's wall. Since the beast seems far enough away, she begins by pulling 5 bullets from her pouch and lining the up along the top of the wall. She takes a deep breath and taps into her dragon magic, offering all her allies some draconic protection.

    Spoiler
    Show

    Initiative - (1d20+5)[21]
    Switch Aura to Aura of Toughness (all allies gain DR 2/magic)

  6. - Top - End - #96
    Troll in the Playground
     
    Gryndel's Avatar

    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Florida
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: [3.5] Ryclend Deephold

    Rd 1:
    The companions spread out a bit and sought cover, each finding some, and one creating his own with transmutation magic. They prepared to battle the large magical flying beast as the raven familiar dove for the closest cover; a small tree directly below it. Only the warlock had seen it yet, though none doubted its approach, identity, or presumed intent.


    Halad [23] stepped to the side of the road and readied his bow, elven fingers ready to release a trio of arrows upon sighting the manticore.


    Sienna [21] swiftly shifted her draconic aura to help protect her allies as well as herself, looking around for the best cover.

    Swift action shift aura to Toughness



    Victor [19] rose a bit higher in the air, warning the others of exactly what was approaching.

    Fly up 10', now at 40' elevation above road


    Roderick [16] called on the power of Heironeous to bless the entire group in a Prayer for battle.

    Cast Prayer (+1 attack, damage, saves)


    The ground under Bartholemu [15] shuddered once, shaking off dirt and dust in a small cloud as the stone beneath began to alter. It formed into a small protective wall, behind which the cringing conjurer cowered.

    Cast Stoneshape to create small wall in road 1' thick, 3' high and 5' wide (15 cu. ft.)


    Sienna [21] took advantage of the wall’s cover, stretching up to lay out ammo of her own.


    Terev [14] moved in front of Halad and pulled his rapier (presumed move action) and entered one of his martial stances, prepared to battle the beast should it approach for melee.


    Like the elf, Carn [14] pulled his bow and readied an arrow, waiting to sight the target directly.


    Alberich [12] recalled reading obscure references about the magical beast known as manticore, but could recall nothing useful initially beyond the name.


    The Manticore [7] seemed to ignore the raven, much to the relief of Ryn and his elven master, as it flew over the hill just north of the road, within line of sight to all (200' away), and dove straight toward the group.


    Halad [now on 7] quickly launched a trio of arrows, only the second nicked the hide of the manticore, and only for a minor scratch.

    16 miss
    25 hit 13 dmg
    8 miss



    Combat
    Spoiler
    Show
    Initiative
    Sienna 21
    Victor 19
    Roderick 16
    Bartholemu 15
    Terev 14
    Carn 14
    Alberich 12
    Manticore 7
    Halad 7 (delayed)


    Wounds
    Manticore 13



    Active Spells
    Spoiler
    Show
    Sienna Aura of Toughness (DR2/magic)
    Roderick Prayer (all group members only, rd 1 of 8)
    Bartholemu Stoneshape (small wall to hide behind)
    Victor See the Unseen, Fell Flight
    Game on...

    MW
    Ryclend Game OOC Dice

  7. - Top - End - #97
    Orc in the Playground
     
    Dark_Stalion's Avatar

    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Behind you.
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: [3.5] Ryclend Deephold

    Bartholemu

    Whimpering, the young man peers over the unnatural wall. A small gasp escapes his lips as he sees the monsterous creature approaching, growing bigger and bigger in the sky. He fumbles a bolt from his pack and manages, with much shaking of hands, to insert it into the crossbow he has been carrying. That done he rubs his hands together nervously and mutters to himself.

    Spoiler
    Show
    Move action: load crossbow
    Standard action: Cast Haste on all in range (1 target per level, means he should be able to cover all the group, but as people have started to dispurse, some may be out of range and he wants to catch as many as he can before they get too far away)
    The management holds no responsibility for loss of sanity while reading this post.

    Kurt

  8. - Top - End - #98
    Dwarf in the Playground
     
    GnomePirate

    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Atlanta,Ga
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: [3.5] Ryclend Deephold

    When the beast flies into view, Roderick moves towards the threat, his shield out and holy symbol in hand. Bolstered by his trust in Heironious and desire to protect his new companions, he utters another spell. Roderick's faith takes form as a luminous longsword, shining in the sunlight. The blade streaks off towards the manticore, striking at its hide. Once his spell is completed, the priest lets his symbol drop to hang from his vestments and his own longsword -crafted to look like the one just summoned- appears in his hand.

    For Glory!

    Spoiler
    Show

    Move action: towards the manticore 20'

    Standard action: Spiritual weapon

    Free action: let symbol go

    Free action: draw longsword with lesser crystal of return.

    Spiritual Longsword attack: (1d20+10)[29]
    damage: (1d8+2)[6]
    crit confirmation if needed: (1d20+10)[27]
    Run like you mean it boys & girls,
    that there's a lich!

  9. - Top - End - #99
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    Vauron's Avatar

    Join Date
    Nov 2009

    Default Re: [3.5] Ryclend Deephold

    Victor

    "Careful, it can let loose a barrage of spikes. You might want to disperse a little" advised Victor from his position in the skies. Having given his advice, Victor flies closer to the manticore and begins pointing his palm at the beast, waiting for it to enter range.

    Spoiler
    Show
    Move towards the manticore 30 feet, ready an action to hit it with a Frightful Blast as soon as it is in range.
    To hit [roll]1d20+10[roll]
    Damage(5d6+2)[17]
    If the manticore is hit, it has to make a DC 17 will save or be shaken

  10. - Top - End - #100
    Troll in the Playground
     
    Gryndel's Avatar

    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Florida
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: [3.5] Ryclend Deephold

    Quote Originally Posted by Figment_ View Post
    Spiritual Longsword attack: [roll0]
    damage: [roll1]
    crit confirmation if needed: [roll2]
    Critical confirmed, just need extra damage. Also, add in Prayer bonus.
    Game on...

    MW
    Ryclend Game OOC Dice

  11. - Top - End - #101
    Dwarf in the Playground
     
    GnomePirate

    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Atlanta,Ga
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: [3.5] Ryclend Deephold

    Spoiler
    Show
    Crit damage, (1d8+2)[6]

    add one to my total, or two if prayer bonus gets doubled as well.


    Everyone,keep watch for others. This may not be the only threat!
    Run like you mean it boys & girls,
    that there's a lich!

  12. - Top - End - #102
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    Gadora's Avatar

    Join Date
    Feb 2009

    Default Re: [3.5] Ryclend Deephold

    Alberich

    Pulling a small candle and bag out of a pouch on his belt, Alberich begins chanting and waving his hands about, causing several giant spiders to appear in front of the group.

    Spoiler
    Show
    Standard action to cast Summon Monster III to summon (1d3)[3] medium fiendish monstrous spiders as close to the manticore as possible. (range: 45 feet)

    Bluff checks and Sense motives for Deceptive Summons:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Bluff:(1d20+16)[23]
    Sense Motive:(1d20)[17]

    Bluff:(1d20+16)[33]
    Sense Motive:(1d20)[2]

    Bluff:(1d20+16)[29]
    Sense Motive:(1d20)[10]


    Alberich then cries out orders to the spiders in Abyssal "Wait for the manticore to come close, then try to entangle it in your webs!"

    Spiders:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Readied actions to throw webs at the manticore when it comes within 30-50 feet, depending on how they interpret close.
    Last edited by Gadora; 2011-11-03 at 04:03 PM. Reason: Noting range of the spell, and adding a little narrative.
    Proud member of the Gnomish Wanderer fanclub!

    Lovely Gnomatar by Gnomish Wanderer

  13. - Top - End - #103
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    Daryk's Avatar

    Join Date
    Nov 2007

    Default Re: [3.5] Ryclend Deephold

    Halad

    Feeling Bartholemu's spell quicken his movements, the elf continued to draw and fire as fast as he could.

    Spoiler
    Show
    Checking my math:
    To Hit: +7 BAB +4 DEX +1 Luck (Key) +1 Prayer +1 Haste +1 Enhanced Arrow +1 Weapon Focus -2 Rapid Shot = +14

    Damage: +4 STR +1 Enhanced Arrow +1 Key +1 Prayer = +7

    Attack #1: (1d20+14)[22]
    Damage #1: (1d20+7)[24]
    Attack #2: (1d20+14)[22]
    Damage #2: (1d20+7)[8]
    Attack #3: (1d20+14)[28]
    Damage #3: (1d20+7)[27]
    Attack #4: (1d20+9)[19]
    Damage #4: (1d20+7)[22]

  14. - Top - End - #104
    Dwarf in the Playground
     
    MonkGuy

    Join Date
    Apr 2011

    Default Re: [3.5] Ryclend Deephold

    Terev moves to where the spiders had been summoned out of thin air.

    If the spiders can bring the manticore down, he will be ready to strike.

  15. - Top - End - #105
    Troll in the Playground
     
    Gryndel's Avatar

    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Florida
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: [3.5] Ryclend Deephold

    Rd 2
    Sienna [21] maintained her cover by the small wall and remained ready to fire her sling.


    Victor [19] flew closer to the monster and readied his eldritch blast, infused with Frightful power to sicken the target.

    Move - fly 30' toward manticore, now 160' away)
    Ready - Frightful Eldritch Blast



    Roderick [16] moved off the road and onto the first few feet of the rising ground of the hill, then performed the ritual needed to call forth a replica of his Deity’s shining sword. The bright longsword streaked toward the enemy and struck true, drawing a bleeding cut across the broad chest of the manticore.

    Cast Spiritual Weapon, Attack 30 hit (critical) 13 dmg



    Bartholemu [15] loaded his crossbow and cast a spell, increasing the speed of motion for everyone in the area.

    Move - load light crossbow
    Std - Cast Haste (all but Victor)



    Terev [14] moved close to the spiders, rapier prepared for melee should the beast choose to get that close.


    Carn [14] waited for the beast to get closer, ready to fire his bow.


    Alberich [12] summoned a trio of fiendish spiders, and set them to launch a web attack on the approaching manticore.

    Cast Summon Monster III


    The spiders [12] spread out slightly, ready to fling sticky strands of webbing at the approaching enemy of their summoner.


    The Manticore [7] dove closer and angled slightly to fly straight at Victor as it roared a loud challenge. But the wily warlock was ready and blasted the enapproaching enemy.

    Manticore move = dive 100' (now 100' from party, 60' from Victor)
    Victor Readied Std action - Frightful (saved) Eldritch Blast RTA 28 hit 17 dmg



    The Manticore roared louder and launched a barrage of spikes at the main party. All but one of the well aimed and expertly launched missiles pierced flesh, causing some minor wounds among the well protected group.

    Noted DR2/magic, +4 AC cover for wall (Bartholemu & Sienna)
    Bartholemu 23 hit, 39 hit (critical) 16 total dmg
    Carn 26 hit 6 dmg
    Sienna 20 miss (natural 1), 32 hit 5 dmg
    Terev 33 hit 1 dmg

    OOC: Victor roll spot check


    Sped by the Haste spell, Halad [7] continued to fire a hail of arrows at the incoming target. The first trio hit, each shaft causing a noticeable wound, while the last flew wide.

    Noted -2 Attack for range
    20 hit 11 dmg
    20 hit 15 dmg
    26 hit 15 dmg
    17 miss



    Combat
    Spoiler
    Show
    Initiative
    Sienna 21
    Roderick 16
    Bartholemu 15
    Terev 14
    Carn 14
    Alberich 12
    Victor 7 (ready = delayed)
    Manticore 7
    Halad 7 (ready = delayed)

    Wounds
    Bartholemu 16
    Carn 6
    Sienna 5
    Terev 1
    Manticore 84


    Active Spells
    Spoiler
    Show
    Sienna Aura of Toughness (DR2/magic)
    Roderick Prayer (all group members only, rd 2 of 8)
    Bartholemu Stoneshape (small wall in road), Haste (all but Victor, rd 2 of 8), Summon Monster III (3 fiendish spiders)
    Victor See the Unseen, Fell Flight
    Last edited by Gryndel; 2011-11-09 at 05:28 AM.
    Game on...

    MW
    Ryclend Game OOC Dice

  16. - Top - End - #106
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    Vauron's Avatar

    Join Date
    Nov 2009

    Default Re: [3.5] Ryclend Deephold

    Spoiler
    Show
    Spot (1d20+2)[16]

    To hit
    (1d20+10)[15]
    (1d20+5)[23]

    Damage (5d6+1)[16]
    (5d6+1)[15]

    Both are Frightful Blasts, still at a DC of 17
    Also, forgot to include the prayer bonus to damage this time, just add 1 damage to each blast.


    Victor

    "Keep it together everyone, it can't take much more of this!" called Victor to his ground-bound allies. He punctuated that statement with a pair of blasts imbued with supernatural terror that shoot out from his palms toward the beast.

    "I think I see another to the east! Lets kills this one quick!"
    Last edited by Vauron; 2011-11-07 at 05:01 PM.

  17. - Top - End - #107
    Dwarf in the Playground
     
    GnomePirate

    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Atlanta,Ga
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: [3.5] Ryclend Deephold

    Roderick places his sword back into its sheath, waiting for the creature to break under the assault of his companion's arrows, blasts and the sting of his Lord's weapon. He utters a simple Magical Weapon spell, but passes the holy power through his soft black gloves. Divine magic takes an arcane form as 4 motes of force dart out at the beast. Roderick's sword reappears in his hand at the completion of the spell.

    While the missiles fly unerringly towards the creature, the Spiritual Longsword continues to hack at the manticore.



    Spoiler
    Show

    Move action, sheathe weapon.

    Standard action, convert Magic Weapon spell to Magic Missile CL8 through Gloves of the Starry Sky .

    Missile damage(4d4+4)[13]

    Spiritual longsword attack: (1d20+11)[16]
    Damage: (1d8+3)[9]
    Crit chance if needed: (1d20+11)[13]
    Crit damage if needed (1d8+3)[9]

    Free action, draw sword with lesser crystal of return

    Run like you mean it boys & girls,
    that there's a lich!

  18. - Top - End - #108
    Orc in the Playground
     
    Dark_Stalion's Avatar

    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Behind you.
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: [3.5] Ryclend Deephold

    Bartholemu

    The small man looks down at his pierced sholder in terror. The colour drains from his face and his eyes bulge. Something apparently snaps in his mind and ignoring the shouts of his companions, he is hairing off over the countryside in the oposite direction to the flying beast.

    Spoiler
    Show
    Double move action - Hastened run(x4) = 240ft away from the manticore
    Last edited by Dark_Stalion; 2011-11-08 at 11:27 AM.
    The management holds no responsibility for loss of sanity while reading this post.

    Kurt

  19. - Top - End - #109
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    Daryk's Avatar

    Join Date
    Nov 2007

    Default Re: [3.5] Ryclend Deephold

    Halad

    The elf grimaced at the call of another manticore approaching, and redoubled his efforts to kill the one engaging the group.

    Spoiler
    Show
    Attack #1: (1d20+14)[25]
    Damage #1: (1d8+7)[14]
    Attack #2: (1d20+14)[31]
    Damage #2: (1d8+7)[10]
    Attack #3: (1d20+14)[22]
    Damage #3: (1d8+7)[13]
    Attack #4: (1d20+9)[23]
    Damage #4: (1d8+7)[9]

  20. - Top - End - #110
    Bugbear in the Playground
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Australia
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: [3.5] Ryclend Deephold

    Sienna looks at the fleeing wizard and almost hastens after him. Her puny rocks weren't going to do much against the flying beasts. But as long as she could draw some fire from her allies, she'd stand and fight. She flings a stone anyway, then ducks around to the opposite side of the barrier.

    Spoiler
    Show

    sling - (1d20+13)[33]
    damage - (1d3+5)[7] (edit: -1, I added too many bonuses, should only be +4, so 6 damage + crit)
    Last edited by Jokes; 2011-11-08 at 11:50 PM.

  21. - Top - End - #111
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    SolithKnightGuy

    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Netherlands
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: [3.5] Ryclend Deephold

    Ferdinand

    The long human man sees the man running towards him, his shoulder pierced and bloody. Before he can think of anythin else he puts his hand out and tries to catch the wizard.

    Spoiler
    Show

    Touch: (1d20+10)[25]
    Heal him for 9 hp if it hits.


    Stop running please, I am here to help, but I would prefer if you could inform me on what we are fighting and why you are running with only that scratch. Ferdinand asks Bartolemu.
    “Beware the Jabberwock, my son!
    The jaws that bite, the claws that catch!
    Beware the Jubjub bird, and shun
    The frumious Bandersnatch!”

    Lewis Carroll

  22. - Top - End - #112
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    Gadora's Avatar

    Join Date
    Feb 2009

    Default Re: [3.5] Ryclend Deephold

    Alberich

    Drawing on the stored magic of one of his spells, Alberich conjures an air elemental in the air between the group and the manticore. In Auran he orders it to "Hold your position, and try to block some of that creature's attacks!"

    Spoiler
    Show
    Standard action to summon a small air elemental using the Summon Elemental reserve feat. The spiders continue with their readied actions to web the manticore, as soon as it comes within 50 feet.

    Spider web attack rolls:
    [roll0]
    [roll1]
    [roll2]
    Proud member of the Gnomish Wanderer fanclub!

    Lovely Gnomatar by Gnomish Wanderer

  23. - Top - End - #113
    Troll in the Playground
     
    Gryndel's Avatar

    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Florida
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: [3.5] Ryclend Deephold

    Rd 3
    Sienna [21] slung her stone and moved behind the wall.

    31 hit (critical) 12 dmg



    Victor [19] gathered the energy flowing through him , concentrating on little else, and sent out a pair of blasts at the manticore. Though the first only barely connected, both struck true, eliciting an angry cry of pain and visibly shaking the creature’s resolve, but not its course directly at him.

    RTA 15 hit 17 dmg (saved)
    RTA 23 hit 16 dmg (fail = shaken 1 round)


    Roderick [16] used the energy from a spell to power his gloves and fired off a quadruplet of bright missiles that sped to the target and hit center mass causing a substantial wound.

    Convert Magic Weapon to Magic Missile 13 dmg
    Glove use 1 of 3/day



    The Spiritual Sword [16] stayed with the flying beast and slashed at it, but failed to penetrate the thick hide.

    16 miss



    Bartholemu [15] ran directly back down the road, having suffered enough harm to invoke his instinct to flee the scene of harm. He saw a seeming savior reach out to heal his wounds.

    OOC: Presuming he wouldn’t avoid this, if so we’ll edit and fix it all up proper like...


    Ferdinand [15 delayed] saw the young human fleeing with a pair of profusely bleeding wounds. He spoke to the young sorcerer and reached out to touch him with a blessing of divine healing.

    Touch 25 hit Cure 9



    Another Manticore [15], spotted so far only by Victor, flew fast and low just behind the hill toward the east, parallel to the road (now about 300' from Victor). From the way they maneuvered it occurred to the warlock that these beasts knew this territory well.

    X2 move 100' east



    Terev [14] still stood his ground, looking around for the reported other monster.


    Carn [14] stayed his aim and prepared for his shot, as he anticipated the creature finally coming into short range of his bow.


    Alberich [12] extended his mind to the elemental plane of air and called forth a small servant to aid his efforts.

    Std - Reserve feat Summon small Air Elemental



    Interpreting its command to defend against the manticore, the small creature burst into a small whirlwind and placed itself in midair between its conjurer and his antagonist.

    Alberich gains +4 AC vs missile attacks



    The spiders [12] prepared to launch their webs at the incoming manticore.


    The seriously wounded Manticore [7] flew directly at Victor, wings pumping powerfully as it twisted in midair and clawed at the warlock. Such precision and prowess it possessed that it struck solidly and flew on past before Victor had any opportunity to react! It angled toward the hill on the other side of the road, apparently intending to land there on the run.

    Improved Flyby Attack = move 100' (dive) and attack (no AoO)
    During that move but before attack it gets within range for Carn’s & Spider’s readied attack
    Carn
    23 hit 2 dmg
    21 hit 2 dmg
    Spiders web attacks all missed
    Manticore 32 hit (10 -DR 2=) 8 dmg



    Halad [7] continued his barrage of arrows, the last finally bringing the manticore crashing into the hill on the south side of the road!

    25 hit 14 dmg
    31 hit 10 dmg
    22 hit 13 dmg
    23 hit 9 dmg = DEAD!



    Comabt
    Spoiler
    Show
    Initiative
    Sienna 21
    Roderick 16
    Bartholemu 15
    Ferdinand (delayed)
    ManticoreB 15
    Terev 14
    Carn 14
    Alberich 12
    Victor 7
    Halad 7


    Wounds
    Bartholemu 7
    Carn 6
    Sienna 5
    Terev 1
    Victor 8


    Active Spells
    Sienna Aura of Toughness (DR2/magic)
    Roderick Prayer (all group members only, rd 3 of 8)
    Bartholemu Stoneshape (small wall in road), Haste (all but Victor, rd 3 of 8), Summon Monster III (3 fiendish spiders rd 2 of 16, Summon Elemental -Air (Res Feat) Rd 1 of 4)
    Victor See the Unseen, Fell Flight
    Last edited by Gryndel; 2011-11-09 at 06:06 PM.
    Game on...

    MW
    Ryclend Game OOC Dice

  24. - Top - End - #114
    Dwarf in the Playground
     
    GnomePirate

    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Atlanta,Ga
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: [3.5] Ryclend Deephold

    Roderick moves towards the group and calls his spiritual weapon to his side, looking to the skies for the aforementioned other beast.

    Is anyone hurt badly? Minor wounds can wait, but if you need aid, tell me now.

    The priest mentally connects with a small pearl in his pack, restoring his connection to the energies of his last spell.

    Spoiler
    Show
    Move action: up to 40' back to approximate center of the group.

    Standard action: activate pearl of power to restore Magic Weapon spell.


    Last edited by Figment_; 2011-11-10 at 10:48 AM.
    Run like you mean it boys & girls,
    that there's a lich!

  25. - Top - End - #115
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    SolithKnightGuy

    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Netherlands
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: [3.5] Ryclend Deephold

    Ferdinand

    Well, I hope you feel better I will now join your allies and see if I can help them. Good luck and strength to you.

    Ferdinand says just before running towards the fray (run=4 times move = 120') or untill he reaches most of the party. He feels the strength from Bartolemu infuse him before he starts running.

    While moving he grabs his sword and smiles (Free action to grab a weapon while moving if BAB >= 1).
    Last edited by Duskranger; 2011-11-10 at 08:54 AM.
    “Beware the Jabberwock, my son!
    The jaws that bite, the claws that catch!
    Beware the Jubjub bird, and shun
    The frumious Bandersnatch!”

    Lewis Carroll

  26. - Top - End - #116
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    Daryk's Avatar

    Join Date
    Nov 2007

    Default Re: [3.5] Ryclend Deephold

    Halad

    Nodding in satisfaction as the first beast crashed to the ground, the elf moved to find better cover and called "Victor, where's the other?" Based on the warlock's response, Halad let fly a single, high arcing shot.

    Spoiler
    Show
    Move action to find some cover, then a standard action to fire a single arrow in the blind, assuming Victor can provide range and bearing:
    Attack: (1d20+16)[30] -4 for range? And 50% miss chance for full concealment, I believe.
    Damage: (1d8+7)[10]

  27. - Top - End - #117
    Orc in the Playground
     
    Dark_Stalion's Avatar

    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Behind you.
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: [3.5] Ryclend Deephold

    Bartholemu

    The fleeing man shudders at the chill of the healing magic flowing through him. He slows, looking down at the wound as it knits together, pushing out the embeded spike. It still hurts, it still bleads, but it is no longer quite so scary. He hears the death cries of the first manticore and, turning, sees it crash to the ground. He turns to the healer, greatfulness written across the whole of his narrow face as he approaches him.

    "Thank you," he manages, breathlessly hunkering down beside Ferdinand.

    Reaching out he touhes the man just before he leaves, sending out waves of strength.

    Spoiler
    Show
    Move action: return to Ferdinand's starting position this round
    Standard action: Cast Bulls strength on Ferdinand (+4 str)
    The management holds no responsibility for loss of sanity while reading this post.

    Kurt

  28. - Top - End - #118
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    Vauron's Avatar

    Join Date
    Nov 2009

    Default Re: [3.5] Ryclend Deephold

    Victor

    "I call it as 300 feet to the east of me" called the warlock to the archer. "Would you be able to make a shot at that range? Also, I think I see a person back down the road." Saying that, Victor floated back towards the party while increasing his elevation. Sharp-eyed individuals on the ground might notice a momentary blue-green glow over the area raked by the manticore.

    This is odd, manticores aren't very bright, but it seems strange they'd be willing to pick a fight with this large a group one by one.

    Spoiler
    Show
    15 feet up, 15 feet south back towards the party. Current altitude: 55 feet.

    Healing belt, using 1 charge on a self heal.(2d8)[5]

  29. - Top - End - #119
    Troll in the Playground
     
    Gryndel's Avatar

    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Florida
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: [3.5] Ryclend Deephold

    Quote Originally Posted by Daryk View Post
    [B]Move action to find some cover, then a standard action to fire a single arrow in the blind, assuming Victor can provide range and bearing:
    Attack: (1d100)[66] -4 for range? And 50% miss chance for full concealment, I believe.
    Yes on range penalty and concealment. Also some AC bonus for cover, flying low to the ground and so close to the hill. But after all that the roll was good enough, pending miss chance

    50 or lower = miss (1d100)[66]
    Game on...

    MW
    Ryclend Game OOC Dice

  30. - Top - End - #120
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    PaladinGuy

    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Five minutes late
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: [3.5] Ryclend Deephold

    Carn calmly launched three arrows at the second manticore
    Spoiler
    Show
    (1d20+6)[21]
    (1d20+6)[16]
    (1d20+1)[16]
    (1d6)[4]
    (1d6)[4]
    (1d6)[1]
    Last edited by white rider; 2011-11-10 at 09:55 PM.
    My wifi is down. It should be back up by the 22nd. Sorry, snowy, morcy, drack, hat, etc.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •