Page 5 of 20 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415 ... LastLast
Results 121 to 150 of 598
  1. Top - End - #121
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    Daryk's Avatar

    Join Date
    Nov 2007

    Default Re: [3.5] Ryclend Deephold

    Halad

    When it dawned on Halad that the second manticore was fleeing, he took full advantage of his enhanced speed to try to gain a direct line of sight, firing as he went. As he ran, he called, "Victor, where is it now?"

    Spoiler
    Show
    As long as the haste spell lasts, Halad has a movement of 70' (since his boots also provide an enhancement bonus and thus don't stack). With Victor to provide fire direction, he should be able to at least get a few more shots off. If it manages to open the range sufficiently, he'll burn a True Strike.

    Attack: (1d20+12)[19] (including the -4 for range this time)
    Damage: (1d8+7)[11]

  2. Top - End - #122
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    Gadora's Avatar

    Join Date
    Feb 2009

    Default Re: [3.5] Ryclend Deephold

    Alberich

    Seeing the elf begin to run off, Alberich yells out in abyssal, "Stay with the elf as best you can. Do your best to protect him!" The spiders scuttle to obey their new order.

    Alberich thanks the air elemental for its service, and dismisses it back to the elemental plane of air, then turns to see if any of his companions are heavily wounded.
    Proud member of the Gnomish Wanderer fanclub!

    Lovely Gnomatar by Gnomish Wanderer

  3. Top - End - #123
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    Jokes's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Australia
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: [3.5] Ryclend Deephold

    Sienna watches Halad run off and sighs. "Damn elves." She instead heads toward the dead monster, sizing up the creature and figuring out which parts would fetch the best price. "Now where is that..." She pats her hips a couple of times, but not finding what she was looking for. She sighs, remembering her skinning knife broke while slicing up the last beast her and Halad had brought down. "Does anyone have a dagger or short blade I could borrow for a few minutes?"

    Spoiler
    Show

    Swift: Change aura to Senses
    DM may roll Appraise, +0 modifier. She doesn't care how much it's worth, she'll try and take skin and claws in any case.

  4. Top - End - #124
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    Gryndel's Avatar

    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Florida
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: [3.5] Ryclend Deephold

    Rd 4
    Sienna [21] shifted her draconic aura and approached the broken carcass of the crashed beast.


    After an inquiry from Halad, Victor [19] did his best to point out where the other manticore was at that time. He moved higher above the ground and back toward the group, using a charge from his magic belt to heal some of the harm he had suffered.

    Belt (charge 1 of 3) Cure 5



    Roderick [16] moved back to the main group, his Spiritual Sword flying to his side, as he used the power of his magic pearl to restore an expended spell. He called out to the wounded, offering to cure them.


    Bartholemu [15] gratefully returned the favor of Ferdinand’s healing touch with a spell to enhance the paladin’s strength.

    Cast Bull’s Strength on Ferdinand



    Ferdinand [15] exchanged a few words with the sorcerer and moved swiftly to join the group, drawing his sword on the way.


    The other Manticore [15] continued its flight, apparently fleeing the battle. Despite being higher himself, Victor soon lost sight of it as it sped east through the hills, flying low to the ground and away from them fast.


    Carn [14] fired a trio of arrows, all missing the unseen and distant moving mark.


    Alberich [12] commanded the spiders to ward the elven archer, then thanked and dismissed the elemental.


    The spiders [12] followed their new command, scuttling over to the elf.


    Halad [7] fired a parting shot, based on information gained from Victor and his best guess. The arrow arced high and over the hills, well out of sight. Whether it hit or not would remain a mystery, at least for now, since nobody was in position to see nor was there any sound to indicate success or failure.

    24 hit 10 dmg
    Last edited by Gryndel; 2011-11-14 at 03:15 PM.
    Game on...

    Heretic's Bane Magnum Rurikson

    Ryclend Deephold Game OOC Dice

    House Min'Doan Game OOC Dice

    Dark Side Game OOC DICE

  5. Top - End - #125
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    Gryndel's Avatar

    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Florida
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: [3.5] Ryclend Deephold

    Combat

    Initiative

    Sienna 21
    Roderick 16
    Bartholemu 15
    Ferdinand 15
    ManticoreB 15
    Terev 14
    Carn 14
    Alberich 12
    Victor 7
    Halad 7


    Wounds
    Bartholemu 7
    Carn 6
    Sienna 5
    Terev 1
    Victor 3
    ManticoreB 10


    Active Spells
    Sienna Aura of Senses
    Roderick Prayer (all group members only, rd 4 of 8)
    Bartholemu Haste (all but Victor, rd 4 of 7), Summon Monster III (3 fiendish spiders rd 3 of 16), Bull’s Strength (8 min, on Ferdinand)
    Victor See the Unseen, Fell Flight
    Last edited by Gryndel; 2011-11-13 at 02:33 PM.
    Game on...

    Heretic's Bane Magnum Rurikson

    Ryclend Deephold Game OOC Dice

    House Min'Doan Game OOC Dice

    Dark Side Game OOC DICE

  6. Top - End - #126
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    PaladinGuy

    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Five minutes late
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: [3.5] Ryclend Deephold

    Carn
    Well, that was... interesting
    , Carn said as he walked over to help loot the corpse. But it fled in the direction we are traveling, so i don't think that that will be the last time we see it.
    My wifi is down. It should be back up by the 22nd. Sorry, snowy, morcy, drack, hat, etc.

  7. Top - End - #127
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    Vauron's Avatar

    Join Date
    Nov 2009

    Default Re: [3.5] Ryclend Deephold

    Victor

    "I don't think you'll be able to shoot it down, Haled," called the warlock to archer. "I think it might be going to Death knoll."

    Regardless of his lack of faith in the elf's bowmanship, Victor turns to fly down the road, attempting to keep up with the Manticore.


    [spoiler]Double move parallel with the manticore, spending 5 feet of movement to turn in place for a total of 55 feet down the path.

  8. Top - End - #128
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    Daryk's Avatar

    Join Date
    Nov 2007

    Default Re: [3.5] Ryclend Deephold

    Halad

    "If you can see it, I can hit it," the elf called back to Victor. "Where is it now?"

    Spoiler
    Show
    As I read Gryndel's post, we no longer have line of sight to the manticore, thus no to hit or damage rolls this round...

  9. Top - End - #129
    Dwarf in the Playground
     
    GnomePirate

    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Atlanta,Ga
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: [3.5] Ryclend Deephold

    Here Carn, let me close that wound.

    Spoiler
    Show
    Expend one charge from healing belt on Carn: (2d8)[3]


    Roderick walks over to the corpse and watches Sienna's work.

    Finding anything interesting?
    Run like you mean it boys & girls,
    that there's a lich!

  10. Top - End - #130
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    SolithKnightGuy

    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Netherlands
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: [3.5] Ryclend Deephold

    Ferdinand

    A goodday, and may I introduce myself. The name is Ferdinand, fighter and master of magic in the order of Pelor. I hope that you are the persons I was looking for. Ferdindand says while walking towards the corpse of the manticore.

    I do see that besides the friend I just healed you did not really need my support. But if I did hear you correctly a second beast is near, so maybe that would give me a chance to show my capabilities with sword and magic.
    “Beware the Jabberwock, my son!
    The jaws that bite, the claws that catch!
    Beware the Jubjub bird, and shun
    The frumious Bandersnatch!”

    Lewis Carroll

  11. Top - End - #131
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    Vauron's Avatar

    Join Date
    Nov 2009

    Default Re: [3.5] Ryclend Deephold

    "I've lost it, its flying too low to the ground," called Victor.

  12. Top - End - #132
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    Daryk's Avatar

    Join Date
    Nov 2007

    Default Re: [3.5] Ryclend Deephold

    Halad

    Frowning, the elf stowed his bow and quickly rejoined the group. At first, he didn't notice the newcomer, as the number of people on the ground matched the number that had left the inn. After a moment or two, he looked up and remembered Victor was flying. Sidling up to Sienna he asked in a low voice, "Who's the new guy?"

  13. Top - End - #133
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    Gryndel's Avatar

    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Florida
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: [3.5] Ryclend Deephold

    Introduction had officially begun with Ferdinand, the late comer, when the elf returned - shadowed by the obedient, if fiendish, summoned spiders. Roderick used his magic belt to cure Carn somewhat as the rogue helped Sienna with the corpse. Nothing of true value was found, though a few claws and patches of hide were successfully, if crudely extracted.

    Roderick Belt (charge 1 of 3) on Carn Cure 3


    Stuff
    Spoiler
    Show
    Wounds
    Bartholemu 7
    Carn 3
    Sienna 5
    Terev 1
    Victor 3

    Active Spells
    Sienna Aura of Senses
    Roderick Prayer (all group members only, rd 5 of 8)
    Bartholemu Haste (all but Victor, rd 5 of 7), Summon Monster III (3 fiendish spiders rd 4 of 16), Bull’s Strength (8 min, on Ferdinand)
    Victor See the Unseen, Fell Flight
    Last edited by Gryndel; 2011-11-15 at 08:57 AM.
    Game on...

    Heretic's Bane Magnum Rurikson

    Ryclend Deephold Game OOC Dice

    House Min'Doan Game OOC Dice

    Dark Side Game OOC DICE

  14. Top - End - #134
    Dwarf in the Playground
     
    GnomePirate

    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Atlanta,Ga
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: [3.5] Ryclend Deephold

    Does anyone else have any wounds that need tending?

    Roderick dismisses the spiritual longsword, and looks around carefully at the party, especially the newcomer.

    And you, my friend, how did you come to be following us?

    Spoiler
    Show
    Detect Evil SLA 60' sweep of the immediate area.
    Run like you mean it boys & girls,
    that there's a lich!

  15. Top - End - #135
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    SolithKnightGuy

    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Netherlands
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: [3.5] Ryclend Deephold

    Ferdinand

    I was a tad too late to join you at Greenhorn Hall. I was planning on being there on time, but a raid on a caravan took a bit more time to solve and help than I had hoped for. Though the raiders were stopped and the caravan has come on time where it needed to be. I borrowed an horse from the gratefull merchants and rode post-haste to GreenHorn Hall, where I got notified that I just barely missed you. You were gone for less than ten minutes they told me. So after my agreement and the acceptation of the key I went on my way trying to get in touch with you. That was untill I saw one of you running away because he was hurt. I healed him as best as I could, but I am no healer, I am more of a fighter, so I went on seeing if you needed a strong blade. And that's how I came here. The name is Ferdinand, blademaster and magic-user of the order of Pelor.

    Ferdinand looks around and his eyes start glowing a bit golden.

    Spoiler
    Show

    He uses detect evil
    “Beware the Jabberwock, my son!
    The jaws that bite, the claws that catch!
    Beware the Jubjub bird, and shun
    The frumious Bandersnatch!”

    Lewis Carroll

  16. Top - End - #136
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    Gryndel's Avatar

    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Florida
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: [3.5] Ryclend Deephold

    No evil is detected by Roderick or Ferdinand.
    Game on...

    Heretic's Bane Magnum Rurikson

    Ryclend Deephold Game OOC Dice

    House Min'Doan Game OOC Dice

    Dark Side Game OOC DICE

  17. Top - End - #137
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    Gadora's Avatar

    Join Date
    Feb 2009

    Default Re: [3.5] Ryclend Deephold

    Alberich

    Alberich passes Sienna a dagger, then listens impatiently to Ferdinand's introduction speech. At the revelation that Ferdinand is a servant of Pelor, Alberich's eyes widen ever so slightly, and he hastily dismisses the three fiendish spiders back to the Abyss.
    Proud member of the Gnomish Wanderer fanclub!

    Lovely Gnomatar by Gnomish Wanderer

  18. Top - End - #138
    Orc in the Playground
     
    Dark_Stalion's Avatar

    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Behind you.
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: [3.5] Ryclend Deephold

    Bartholemu

    As the latest threat fades into the distance the wounded young man breaths a heavy sigh of relief which is then followed by a wince as the act of breathing streaches the fresh wound in his shoulder. Seeing his fellows converging upon a stranger he follows at a tentative distance, listening in on what they say.
    The management holds no responsibility for loss of sanity while reading this post.

    Kurt

  19. Top - End - #139
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    Gryndel's Avatar

    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Florida
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: [3.5] Ryclend Deephold

    Quote Originally Posted by Gryndel View Post
    No evil is detected by Roderick or Ferdinand.
    Hmm, I forgot the spiders, being fiendish they would radiate evil before being dismissed.
    Game on...

    Heretic's Bane Magnum Rurikson

    Ryclend Deephold Game OOC Dice

    House Min'Doan Game OOC Dice

    Dark Side Game OOC DICE

  20. Top - End - #140
    Dwarf in the Playground
     
    GnomePirate

    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Atlanta,Ga
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: [3.5] Ryclend Deephold

    Roderick's eyes pass over the spiders, and then over to their summoner. He gives Alberich a long, searching look for a moment, then seems to make a decision and looks away.

    Well met Ferdinand. A warrior of Pelor could be great help, indeed. Everyone, shall we continue our trip? We should mover before this corpse attracts other interest.
    Last edited by Figment_; 2011-11-16 at 03:10 PM.
    Run like you mean it boys & girls,
    that there's a lich!

  21. Top - End - #141
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    Vauron's Avatar

    Join Date
    Nov 2009

    Default Re: [3.5] Ryclend Deephold

    Victor

    Victor alighted on the ground, having satisfied himself for the moment that the other manticore would not turn back to attack. "The other manticore has fled towards Death Knoll. I think we might see action again when we reach our destination."

  22. Top - End - #142
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    PaladinGuy

    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Five minutes late
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: [3.5] Ryclend Deephold

    Carn
    Shall we continue?
    asked Carn. It sounds like we don't have much further to go.
    Carn began to walk down the road, but kept out his bow with an arrow nocked.
    My wifi is down. It should be back up by the 22nd. Sorry, snowy, morcy, drack, hat, etc.

  23. Top - End - #143
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    SolithKnightGuy

    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Netherlands
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: [3.5] Ryclend Deephold

    Ferdinand

    Since I caught up with you, sure let's move on and see if we can reach our destination before the end of the day. Ferdinand smiles and let his sword glide into it's scabbard.
    “Beware the Jabberwock, my son!
    The jaws that bite, the claws that catch!
    Beware the Jubjub bird, and shun
    The frumious Bandersnatch!”

    Lewis Carroll

  24. Top - End - #144
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    Vauron's Avatar

    Join Date
    Nov 2009

    Default Re: [3.5] Ryclend Deephold

    Victor

    "Well, no time like the present," stated the warlock before rising back into the sky above the party, easily keeping pace with the group.

  25. Top - End - #145
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    Gryndel's Avatar

    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Florida
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: [3.5] Ryclend Deephold

    Introductions and an explanation for his tardiness and timely arrival all but assured that Ferdinand was accepted in the group. His place seemed secure, though his position in the marching order had yet to be determined, as the majority voiced the same opinion and once again formed up to continue east along the road. Though a few still suffered minor discomfort from the wounds they bore, this was but a taste of the life they had chosen; and each had experienced some such suffering in their sundry pasts.

    The afternoon passed without incident, though some few noted the slight increase in wildlife. As the sun lowered in the hills behind them, promising a beautiful sunset in less than an hour and night soon to follow, they had yet to spot Death Knoll.

    OOC:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Need Ferdinand’s place in order, maybe next to Bartholemu?

    Any more healing?

    Find a nice place to set up camp or push on through the night?


    Stuff
    Spoiler
    Show
    Wounds
    Bartholemu 7
    Carn 3
    Sienna 5
    Terev 1
    Victor 3

    Active Spells
    Sienna Aura of Senses
    Victor See the Unseen, Fell Flight

    OOM
    Craban (raven) 250' above, 150' ahead
    Ryn (cooshee) 30' ahead
    Halad/Roderick
    Sienna/Terev
    Victor (30' above)
    Alberich/Carn
    Barholemu/Ferdinand?
    Game on...

    Heretic's Bane Magnum Rurikson

    Ryclend Deephold Game OOC Dice

    House Min'Doan Game OOC Dice

    Dark Side Game OOC DICE

  26. Top - End - #146
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    SolithKnightGuy

    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Netherlands
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: [3.5] Ryclend Deephold

    OOC:
    Spoiler
    Show

    Put me semi in front, Ferdinand is a frontliner with a big sword.

    No healing for me, not giving nor taking.

    I would say push on. But that's me.
    “Beware the Jabberwock, my son!
    The jaws that bite, the claws that catch!
    Beware the Jubjub bird, and shun
    The frumious Bandersnatch!”

    Lewis Carroll

  27. Top - End - #147
    Orc in the Playground
     
    Dark_Stalion's Avatar

    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Behind you.
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: [3.5] Ryclend Deephold

    Bartholemu

    Man-with-shoulder-wound-and-nervous-tics puts up a tentative hand at the healer's question.

    "Uh, I might need a little bit more, ah, um, healing?" he trails off hopefully.
    The management holds no responsibility for loss of sanity while reading this post.

    Kurt

  28. Top - End - #148
    Dwarf in the Playground
     
    GnomePirate

    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Atlanta,Ga
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: [3.5] Ryclend Deephold

    Roderick looks to Bartholemeu and nods.

    It would be my duty to ease that pain.

    Spoiler
    Show
    Healing belt charge on Bart: (2d8)[14]
    Run like you mean it boys & girls,
    that there's a lich!

  29. Top - End - #149
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    Gryndel's Avatar

    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Florida
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: [3.5] Ryclend Deephold

    Roderick Belt (charge 2 of 3) on Bartholemu Cure 14 (to full HP)
    Game on...

    Heretic's Bane Magnum Rurikson

    Ryclend Deephold Game OOC Dice

    House Min'Doan Game OOC Dice

    Dark Side Game OOC DICE

  30. Top - End - #150
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    SolithKnightGuy

    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Netherlands
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: [3.5] Ryclend Deephold

    Ferdinand

    Shall we move, and see if there are treasures to be found and good deeds to be performed. And while on that account, what is the reason all of you are here to travel into the deathtrap known as the Deephold? Ferdinand says while looking forward, seemingly guessing how long it still would be light.
    “Beware the Jabberwock, my son!
    The jaws that bite, the claws that catch!
    Beware the Jubjub bird, and shun
    The frumious Bandersnatch!”

    Lewis Carroll

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •