The Order of the Stick: Utterly Dwarfed
The Order of the Stick: Utterly Dwarfed - Coming in December and available for pre-order now
Page 8 of 38 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516171833 ... LastLast
Results 211 to 240 of 1125
  1. - Top - End - #211
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    Daryk's Avatar

    Join Date
    Nov 2007

    Default Re: [3.5] Ryclend Deephold

    Halad

    Having been scratched on point once already, Halad was more than happy to let someone else draw fire for a change. "Sure, Ferdinand. You flush 'em, we'll shoot 'em," he said with a grin.

  2. - Top - End - #212
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    SolithKnightGuy

    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Netherlands
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: [3.5] Ryclend Deephold

    Ferdinand

    With a thought he activated his powers to detect evil within the building, seeing if he could find something which probably could mean danger. Slowly he moved towards the entrance.
    “Beware the Jabberwock, my son!
    The jaws that bite, the claws that catch!
    Beware the Jubjub bird, and shun
    The frumious Bandersnatch!”

    Lewis Carroll

  3. - Top - End - #213
    Troll in the Playground
     
    Gryndel's Avatar

    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Florida
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: [3.5] Ryclend Deephold

    Victor scouted ahead from the air while Ferdinand slowly approached the gate rubble, seeking any hint of evil laying in wait. The others stood ready to unleash a barrage of deadly missiles or spells on any potential enemy.

    The warlock spotted a large pile of boulders and other debris in the middle of the ruins. A few foundations of buildings surrounded this at various distances, but none amounted to much. Though difficult to discern from his position above the wall where the gate once stood, he saw more than a few shadow obscured places where potentially large spaces could exist between some of the larger chunks of stone.

    Once Ferdinand stepped into the shadow of the wall around the side of the gate remains a taste of evil entered his senses. At first he couldn’t place it, scanning about, and only focused on it completely as a barely visible incorporeal hand suddenly reached up from the rubble and tried to grab his ankle!

    OOC: Pending initiatives...but on rd 1

    At the very moment a pair of boulders flew from the pile in the middle of the ruins; both directly at the flying warlock! One missed but the other struck Victor, spinning him in place briefly as it smashed into his right shoulder crushing skin and crunching bone. All could see now, though some only with an obscured view, a pair of Hill Giants who stood from their concealment as they launched the boulders.

    Readied attacks
    GiantA 20 hit (13 -2 DR=) 11 dmg
    GiantB 11 miss



    Spoiler
    Show
    Initiative
    Victor
    Roderick
    Ferdinand
    Carn
    Halad
    Sienna
    Wraith 11
    GiantA 6
    Giant B 1

    Wounds
    Victor 11

    Active Spells
    Sienna Aura of Toughness (DR 2/magic)
    Victor See the Unseen, Fell Flight
    Last edited by Gryndel; 2012-02-12 at 04:09 PM.
    Game on...

    MW
    Ryclend Game OOC Dice

  4. - Top - End - #214
    Dwarf in the Playground
     
    GnomePirate

    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Atlanta,Ga
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: [3.5] Ryclend Deephold

    Roderick sees the incorporeal hand and the hurled boulder from his position with the main party. Tapping into his knowledge of the undead, he tries to see the nature of the hidden threat. Meanwhile, he moves toward the nearest giant, summoning up his spiritual longsword to aid in fighting whatever dark creature is passing through the stone.

    Spoiler
    Show


    Initiative [roll0]

    Knowledge Religion [roll1]

    20' move toward closest giant

    Standard action, cast spiritual weapon, target wraith.

    Spiritual longsword attack [roll2] (no miss chance, force effect)
    Damage [roll3]

    Run like you mean it boys & girls,
    that there's a lich!

  5. - Top - End - #215
    Dwarf in the Playground
     
    GnomePirate

    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Atlanta,Ga
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: [3.5] Ryclend Deephold

    Spoiler
    Show

    Protip: don't preview posts with rolls :P
    Also, Halad and Roderick were topped off just after the ghoul fight.


    Initiative (1d20+1)[18]

    Knowledge Religion (1d20+8)[12]

    20' move toward closest giant

    Standard action, cast spiritual weapon, target wraith.

    Spiritual longsword attack (1d20+10)[13] (no miss chance, force effect)
    Damage (1d8+2)[9]

    Run like you mean it boys & girls,
    that there's a lich!

  6. - Top - End - #216
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    Daryk's Avatar

    Join Date
    Nov 2007

    Default Re: [3.5] Ryclend Deephold

    Halad

    Halad saw the hill giants burst from cover and let fly a trio of arrows at the nearest one.

    Spoiler
    Show
    First Arrow To Hit: (1d20+12)[28]
    First Arrow Damage: (1d8+6)[8]

    Second Arrow To Hit: (1d20+12)[24]
    Second Arrow Damage: (1d8+6)[11]

    Thrid Arrow To Hit: (1d20+7)[25]
    Third Arrow Damage: (1d8+6)[8]

  7. - Top - End - #217
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    PaladinGuy

    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Five minutes late
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: [3.5] Ryclend Deephold

    Carn grimaces and pulls out his bow, sending an arrow at the nearest giant
    Spoiler
    Show
    attack: (1d20+11)[22]
    damage: (1d6)[5] and (4d6)[14] sneak attack if I was not seen.
    My wifi is down. It should be back up by the 22nd. Sorry, snowy, morcy, drack, hat, etc.

  8. - Top - End - #218
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    SolithKnightGuy

    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Netherlands
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: [3.5] Ryclend Deephold

    Ferdinand

    Aware of the danger and knowing he could come against it when the hand came out of the earth he reacter.

    Spoiler
    Show

    Initiative: (1d20+12)[26] +8 from normal +4 from nerveskitter


    He evaded the hand, and tried to hit it with his blade.
    Spoiler
    Show

    (1d20+11)[21]
    (1d2)[1] since it's incorpereal I get a miss chance, 1 is miss, 2 = hit

    After that he moves 30 feet back and shouts for his allies to watch out, he hoped they would take care and help Victor, while he and Roderick took ons this opponent.
    “Beware the Jabberwock, my son!
    The jaws that bite, the claws that catch!
    Beware the Jubjub bird, and shun
    The frumious Bandersnatch!”

    Lewis Carroll

  9. - Top - End - #219
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    Vauron's Avatar

    Join Date
    Nov 2009

    Default Re: [3.5] Ryclend Deephold

    Victor

    Victor swore as a boulder smashed into him, knocking him head over heals. "Giants in the ruins!"

    Having thrown out a warning, Victor fires off a frightful blast at the giants as he dives toward the ground behind a pile of rubble.



    Spoiler
    Show
    Frightful Eldritch Chain at the giants if they are in range, than a move action to get behind cover.

    Initiative (1d20+2)[8]

    First part of the chain:
    To Hit
    (1d20+10)[12]
    Damage
    (5d6+1)[21]

    Second part of the chain:
    To Hit
    (1d20+10)[29]
    Damage
    (5d6+1)[14] (Halve)

    Crit Confirmation
    (1d20+10)[13]
    Damage
    (5d6+1)[16] (halve if used with the second part of the chain)

    Any target hit must make a DC17 will save or be shaken for a minute/the rest of their life, whichever comes first.

  10. - Top - End - #220
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    Beholder

    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Northwest Ohio
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: [3.5] Ryclend Deephold

    The sounds of armor and footsteps could be heard from behind as a lone figure ran towards, then past the group, towards the gate and the hill giants beyond.

    The figure... a man? But wait, he looks like he's made of stone... Dressed for battle in mithral breastplate and a matching shield, wielding a dwarven waraxe. Those who were observant at Greenhorn Hall had seen this one before, talking with the dwarf, Bukrohm...

    Spoiler
    Show
    Initiative:(1d20+3)[9]
    Full round action run towards hill giants. Not sure if it's entirely possible to do so given the condition of the gates - if not, use double-move action (total 80 feet) instead.
    Last edited by Grodech; 2012-02-14 at 01:09 PM.

  11. - Top - End - #221
    Troll in the Playground
     
    Gryndel's Avatar

    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Florida
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: [3.5] Ryclend Deephold

    Rd1
    Ferdinand [26] struck at the undead hand. Sparks flew from his blade as it skittered against stone. He then backed away from the rubble and returned into the sunlight on the road before it could launch an attack.

    21 hit, miss due to incorporeal



    Carn [22] arched an arrow over the intervening distance at a giant but failed to judge the mrk correctly and sent the arrow flying wide of his large target.

    18 miss
    rolled 22 but -4 due to 2 range increments



    Roderick [18] realized it was the hand of a wraith and moved closer to the giants. He cast a spell, calling forth a shimmering blade to strike at the undead, but failed to strike any damage upon the dark evil concealed in the gate rubble.

    Spiritual Weapon 13 miss



    Halad [12] successfully judged the distance and weaknesses in defenses, sinking a trio of arrows into the nearest giant.

    26 hit 8 dmg
    22 hit 11 dmg
    23 hit 8 dmg
    all -2 due to 1 range increment



    The Wraith [11] withdrew from sight, skulking in the protection the rubble offered form the sun. Though none could see it, its evil presence was unmistakable to those who could detect it. But it was not without other resources, apparently, as a dark cloud surrounded and dissipated the spiritual sword threatening it!

    Targeted Dispel 28 vs DC 19



    A barbarian ( Rukesh [9]) that appeared to be made of stone, plated in armor and wielding a dwarven waraxe, suddenly rushed up the road, past the gate rubble, and into the ruins.


    Victor [8] dove for cover, the nearest and best he could obtain being the remains of the wall. He was too far to effect any eldritch damage, but managed to reach complete cover and concealment.

    OOC: out of range for blast so double move.


    The GiantA [6] nearest the gate rubble stepped behind some large debris, apparently smart enough to gain some cover from further incoming missile fire. He then pulled a boulder from his bag and threw it at the source of the pain he now experienced; Halad. The rock arched over the wall and fell to the ground only a few feet from the elven archer.

    14 miss



    The other Giant B [1] roared and launched its rocky missile at the newest and nearest threat to show itself; Rukesh! The rock rushed right past the stonechild, rolling and clattering across the broken ground until it smashed into the wall. Seemingly more than content to let the invaders dare get closer, it too sought some cover.

    17 miss




    Sienna [?]


    OOC:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Both giants have partial cover (+4 AC, +2 reflex saves) and concealment (20% miss chance) They are 150' from the gate entrance. Roderick and Rukesh are both 30' inside the wall, so 120' away from the giants now. The others are farther away, respectively. Ferdinand could move into the ruins instead of back out on the road if desired, putting him up with Rod & Ruk.


    Initiative
    Ferdinand 26
    Carn 22
    Roderick 18
    Halad 12
    Wraith 11
    Rukesh 9
    Victor 8
    GiantA 6
    Giant B 1
    Sienna

    Wounds
    Victor 11
    GiantA 27

    Active Spells
    Sienna Aura of Toughness (DR 2/magic)
    Victor See the Unseen, Fell Flight
    Game on...

    MW
    Ryclend Game OOC Dice

  12. - Top - End - #222
    Dwarf in the Playground
     
    GnomePirate

    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Atlanta,Ga
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: [3.5] Ryclend Deephold

    Feeling his connection to the blade of force sever, Roderick realizes this is no mere wraith. He moves towards any cover from the giant's stones, activates his ability to sense any evil close to him, and readies another turning attempt, should that wraith show itself again. His hands glow with the light of a torch as he mentally triggers his gloves to provide some light in these shadows.

    Spoiler
    Show


    Move 20' to cover if possible, move 20 closer to cover if not.

    Free action Detect Evil, 60' turning on now, leaving on until mentioned otherwise.

    Free action Gloves of the starry sky, light per spell.

    Readied action to turn undead if wraith comes within line of effect of the turn.

    Turn if needed: (1d20+6)[13]
    Turn damage: (3d6+10)[24]



    Do not rush those giants! Gain cover and see if we can draw them out!
    Run like you mean it boys & girls,
    that there's a lich!

  13. - Top - End - #223
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    Daryk's Avatar

    Join Date
    Nov 2007

    Default Re: [3.5] Ryclend Deephold

    Halad

    The elf drew an arrow from his quiver and knocked it as he moved to cover. Once in place, he drew and fired at the nearest giant again.

    Spoiler
    Show
    To Hit: (1d20+12)[13] Range included (no Rapid Shot cancels out the penalty)
    Damage: (1d8+6)[9]

  14. - Top - End - #224
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    Beholder

    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Northwest Ohio
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: [3.5] Ryclend Deephold

    Rukesh continued his trek towards the giants, but slowed as he went. He knew that the pair could lob boulders off that pile the rest of the day unless he could rout them out. He yelled at them "You going to hide like a couple of dwarven girls, or are you going to come out and fight?!" He'd be vulnerable to attack from here, but it was a chance he had to take in order to get them out in the open.

    Spoiler
    Show
    ooc: Double-move 80 feet instead of run this round. He yells at them in common, since he doesn't know giant.
    Last edited by Grodech; 2012-02-14 at 08:46 PM.

  15. - Top - End - #225
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    SolithKnightGuy

    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Netherlands
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: [3.5] Ryclend Deephold

    Ferdinand

    Okay, I don't know what I am fighting, but seemingly my blade passed through it instead of cutting it. Can anybody give me more information about it? Ferdinand asks while weaving some arcane signs, after that he starts chanting and a shield of light appears at his side.

    Spoiler
    Show

    Ferdinand casts shield, for 12 minutes he adds +5 to his AC (abjurant champion skills; add level to abjuration, extend for free).


    After that he moves untill he is at the border of the entrance, but still in the light.

    Victor, Roderick, could I get your assistence, this creature seems to be immune to my sword, so maybe we will fare better with magic or different force.
    “Beware the Jabberwock, my son!
    The jaws that bite, the claws that catch!
    Beware the Jubjub bird, and shun
    The frumious Bandersnatch!”

    Lewis Carroll

  16. - Top - End - #226
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    PaladinGuy

    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Five minutes late
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: [3.5] Ryclend Deephold

    Carn ducks and dodges, moving as close as he can to the giants while still remaining in cover
    Spoiler
    Show
    double move towards the giants, but staying in cover. free action to draw swords and ignite.
    My wifi is down. It should be back up by the 22nd. Sorry, snowy, morcy, drack, hat, etc.

  17. - Top - End - #227
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    Vauron's Avatar

    Join Date
    Nov 2009

    Default Re: [3.5] Ryclend Deephold

    Victor

    "Working on it," called Victor as he moved to engage the unknown foe. Victor fires his fey blasts towards the insubstantial foe.

    Spoiler
    Show

    If Victor is out of range or lacks line of effect with the wight, he moves so that he can target the wight while trying to maintain his cover from the giants.

    attack 1
    (1d20+10)[26] Add 1 if within 30 feet
    (5d6+1)[24] Add 1 if within 30 feet

    possible attack2
    (1d20+5)[17] Add 1 if within 30 feet
    (5d6+1)[19] Add 1 if within 30 feet

    Crit confirmation/extra damage
    (1d20+10)[14] Add 1 if within 30 feet, subtract 5 if used for second attack
    (5d6+1)[24] Add 1 if within 30 feet

  18. - Top - End - #228
    Troll in the Playground
     
    Gryndel's Avatar

    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Florida
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: [3.5] Ryclend Deephold

    Rd 2
    Ferdinand [26] called forth magical protection in the form of a shimmering shield, edging to the border of sunlight nearest the last known position of the wraith. He called out to his companions for assistance and stood ready to deal with the evil as best he could.

    Cast Shield (+5 AC)



    Carn [22] ignited his blades and moved toward the giants, dodging and weaving as he made himself a target for boulders and approached the central pile of rubble.

    x2 move, end 120' from giants (30' inside wall)



    Roderick [18] moved for cover from the giants and readied his holy symbol, prepared to turn the wraith should it return to his senses of detection. Evil indeed was detected, under the rubble of the ruined gate as his hands flared with divine light.

    Ready turn...



    Halad [12] moved to the left of the entrance and gained cover behind the wall before launching an arrow at the wounded giant. The threat of being pulped by a boulder set his aim off, and the shaft flew wide by far.

    13 miss



    The Wraith [11] remained within the range of Roderick’s ability to detect evil, but eluded being seen or sensed in any other way. However, idle it was not, for Ferdinand was targeted by a power most horrible to imagine; his deepest fears!

    Will save (DC 18)
    fail = Fort save (DC 18) or die, success = (3d6)[8] dmg



    This also triggered the readied turning attempt by Roderick, who called forth the power of his Deity to drive the wraith away. The failure piled more evidence onto the theory that this wraith was much more powerful than typical for its kind.

    Turn Check 21 = Clc Lvl+3 = 11 HD max fail



    Rukesh [9] yelled a challenge and moved further into the ruins, slowing slightly to better avoid rocks. He progressed to the edge of the rubble, forcing a choice to advance closer to one of the giants; to the left or right.

    x2 move, end 40' from giants



    Victor [8] tried to carom a shot of eldritch energy off the rubble and down into the recesses underneath where the wraith lurked. His clever ploy had some visible effect, blasting a hole in the rubble and collapsing more of it below ground, creating a small opening while sending shards of stone flying. Whether the chained energy struck the wraith and did any harm would remain unknown, at least for now.

    RTA 26 hit the ground 12 dmg
    Chained blast 17 hit wraith 6 dmg



    The wounded Giant [A - 6] hurled a boulder at Carn, which flew wide and crashed to the ground behind him.

    11 miss



    The other Giant [B - 1] hurled a boulder at Rukesh, and though closer to the mark it failed to connect with the advancing stonechild.

    22 miss



    Sienna [1 delayed] had vanished from sight, sneaking inside without notice. She crept slowly among the ruins, seeking to remain undetected by the giants.

    Hide 34 vs Spot 16, 19
    MS 31 vs Listen 12, 14



    OOC:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Both giants have partial cover (+4 AC, +2 reflex saves) and concealment (20% miss chance).

    At or near gate: Ferd, Rod, Vic, Halad
    Inside: Carn, Ruk, Sienna (sneakin)

    Wounds
    Victor 11
    GiantA 27
    Wraith 6

    Active Spells
    Sienna Aura of Toughness (DR 2/magic)
    Victor See the Unseen, Fell Flight
    Ferdinand Shield (+5 AC, 12 minutes)
    Last edited by Gryndel; 2012-02-19 at 01:55 PM.
    Game on...

    MW
    Ryclend Game OOC Dice

  19. - Top - End - #229
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    Daryk's Avatar

    Join Date
    Nov 2007

    Default Re: [3.5] Ryclend Deephold

    Halad

    Now securely behind cover, the elf took his time and aimed before loosing three more arrows at the nearest giant.

    Spoiler
    Show
    First Arrow To Hit: (1d20+10)[11] Includes one range increment.
    First Arrow Damage: (1d8+6)[11]
    First Arrow Miss Chance: (1d100)[69] Low is miss.
    Second Arrow To Hit: (1d20+10)[11] Includes one range increment.
    Second Arrow Damage: (1d8+6)[7]
    Second Arrow Miss Chance: (1d100)[27] Low is miss.
    Third Arrow To Hit: (1d20+10)[28] Includes one range increment.
    Third Arrow Damage: (1d8+6)[8]
    Third Arrow Miss Chance: (1d100)[41] Low is miss.
    And just for the record, I can't wait for Improved Precise Shot!

  20. - Top - End - #230
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    Beholder

    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Northwest Ohio
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: [3.5] Ryclend Deephold

    Rukesh closes the distance to the giant on the right, drawing his sword as he goes "I guess I'm hunting dwarven girls, then." he says. Hopefully the giant will not have been able to arm itself as he closed in and attacked...

    Spoiler
    Show
    Attack: (1d20+12)[14]
    Damage: (1d10+8)[16]
    Last edited by Grodech; 2012-02-20 at 09:10 AM.

  21. - Top - End - #231
    Troll in the Playground
     
    Gryndel's Avatar

    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Florida
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: [3.5] Ryclend Deephold

    Quote Originally Posted by Grodech View Post
    Marty closes the distance to the giant on the right, drawing his sword as he goes "I guess I'm hunting dwarven girls, then." he says. Hopefully the giant will not have been able to arm itself as he closed in and attacked...

    Spoiler
    Show
    Attack: [roll0]
    Damage: [roll1]
    Who's Marty, sirah?
    Game on...

    MW
    Ryclend Game OOC Dice

  22. - Top - End - #232
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    SolithKnightGuy

    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Netherlands
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: [3.5] Ryclend Deephold

    Ferdinand

    Ferdinand feels something invading his mind, fueling his fears, he sees pictures from long ago. He fortifies his will with the teachings of the order, seemingly trancing for a little bit.

    Saves:
    Spoiler
    Show

    Will: (1d20+17)[30]

    If fail:
    Fort: (1d20+12)[14]


    I will try to draw it out, as soon as I have that done, you will be able to help me fight this.

    Ferdinand moves into the shadows, taking care that his allies will always be able to see him, and readies himself to fire a scorching ray whenever the Wraith comes into scorching (ray) range

    Spoiler
    Show

    ScorchingRay:
    Touch attack: (1d20+11)[19] for (4d6+1)[17] damage (the +1 is from the key, if it does not help, subtract 1)
    Misschance: (1d2)[2] 1 is miss, 2 is hit (if another misschance needs to be rolled go ahead)
    “Beware the Jabberwock, my son!
    The jaws that bite, the claws that catch!
    Beware the Jubjub bird, and shun
    The frumious Bandersnatch!”

    Lewis Carroll

  23. - Top - End - #233
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    PaladinGuy

    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Five minutes late
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: [3.5] Ryclend Deephold

    Carn jumps up from cover, sending out a pair of arrows.
    Spoiler
    Show
    attack 1: (1d20+11)[27] damage: (1d6)[6]
    attack 2: (1d20+6)[25] damage: (1d6)[2]
    My wifi is down. It should be back up by the 22nd. Sorry, snowy, morcy, drack, hat, etc.

  24. - Top - End - #234
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    Beholder

    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Northwest Ohio
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: [3.5] Ryclend Deephold

    Quote Originally Posted by Gryndel View Post
    Who's Marty, sirah?
    D'oh! Sorry - trying to do too much at once.

  25. - Top - End - #235
    Dwarf in the Playground
     
    GnomePirate

    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Atlanta,Ga
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: [3.5] Ryclend Deephold

    Roderick sensing the evil creature had not fled the battlefield, positions himself as best he can to include all of his companions within the burst of his next spell. The priest imbues the spell with some extra positive energy, increasing the spell's duration.

    Spoiler
    Show

    20' move to include Halad, Ferdinand, Carn, and Victor within a 40' radius, if possible.

    Standard action: Burn 2 turn attempts, cast Extended Prayer.


    Halad, keep the giant on the left pinned down! Carn, assist our new friend with the one on the right! Victor, Ferdinand and myself will try to deal with this wraith!
    Last edited by Figment_; 2012-02-20 at 09:23 AM.
    Run like you mean it boys & girls,
    that there's a lich!

  26. - Top - End - #236
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    Vauron's Avatar

    Join Date
    Nov 2009

    Default Re: [3.5] Ryclend Deephold

    Grumbling to himself, Victor tries to position himself so that he can see the wraith. After sighting the fell creation, he lets loose a blueish green ray.

    Spoiler
    Show

    attack 1
    (1d20+10)[19] Add 1 if within 30 feet
    (5d6+1)[24] Add 1 if within 30 feet

    possible crit
    (1d20+5)[14] Add 1 if within 30 feet
    (5d6+1)[18] Add 1 if within 30 feet

  27. - Top - End - #237
    Troll in the Playground
     
    Gryndel's Avatar

    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Florida
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: [3.5] Ryclend Deephold

    Rd 3
    Ferdinand fended off the wraith’s sorcery and moved into the shadows toward its last known location. Daring it to engage and expose itself to a combined assault from others, he readied a spell.

    Move 20'
    Ready Scorching Ray



    Carn stopped his advance and fired, though the distance and cover proved too much for his meager skill.

    25 miss
    23 miss
    -2 for 1 range increment and +4 AC for cover



    Roderick called on the power of Divine aid for himself and his close allies, then swiftly assessed the situation and called out tactical wisdom to his companions.

    Cast Extended (2 turn uses) Prayer



    Halad resumed his missile assault, but each arrow flew awkwardly wide of the mark.

    12 miss (nat 1)
    12 miss (nat 1)
    24 miss



    The Wraith apparently summoned a swarm of dark hairy little spiders which suddenly crawled up from the ruined gate and moved over Ferdinand and Roderick. Biting as they swarmed over the pair, the spiders inflicted minor damage to both.

    Ferdinand 4 dmg
    Roderick 2 dmg
    Both need
    Fort save vs poison (DC 11) or 1d3 str dmg
    Fort save vs distraction (DC 11) or nauseated 1 rd


    Spoiler
    Show
    Ferdinand could cast his scorching ray at the swarm, but it would have little effect since it targets one creature and swarms are not subject to such. Since he hadreadied action and initiative, he could change it when the swarm appears and do something else. If it affects this I'll edit...



    Rukesh closed the remaining distance to the unwounded giant (B) and attacked. The giant was ready for battle, armed with a great club as Rukesh rushed up and slashed at it, but failed to connect with his axe.

    14 miss



    Victor maneuvered to gain some view of wraith, but it remained out of sight in the rubble.


    Fly up but maintain cover from giants
    Ready eldritch blast if it shows itself...



    The wounded Giant launched a boulder at Carn, slamming the rock into the hapless human’s left shoulder and cheek. It roared in glee and continued to retain its well chosen position for missile warfare.

    28 hit 13 dmg



    The other Giant stepped from cover as it attacked Rukesh in an amazing blur of club swings. The first crushed brutally into the side of the stoneman, breaking bones and inflicting considerable muscle damage. The second, even swifter swing crashed down on Rukesh’ head, making him dizzy but suddenly very aware of the danger he faced. The third smashed square into his chest and knocked him nearly senseless!

    36 hit 18 dmg
    29 hit 20 dmg
    33 hit 21 dmg
    OOC: full attack round plus something special, but Sienna is near enough for the DR to take effect.



    Sienna had successfully snuck up behind the giants, apparently just in time to save Rukesh from certain death! She breathed a line of acid at the giant that just knocked the stone resolve from the brave man, then moved up. Her small trident and shield ready to battle the monstrous and aging foe, she grinned briefly at Rukesh.

    Acid breath 12 dmg



    OOC
    Spoiler
    Show
    At or near gate: Ferd, Rod, Vic, Halad
    Vs Giants: Carn (120' away), Ruk, Sienna (both engaged with Giant B)

    Initiative
    Ferdinand 26
    Carn 22
    Roderick 18
    Halad 12
    Wraith 11
    Rukesh 9
    Victor 8
    GiantA 6
    Giant B 1
    Sienna 1

    Wounds
    Carn 13
    Ferdinand 4
    Roderick 2
    Rukesh 59
    Victor 11
    GiantA 33
    GiantB 12
    Wraith 6

    Active Spells
    Sienna Aura of Toughness (DR 2/magic)
    Victor See the Unseen, Fell Flight
    Ferdinand Shield (+5 AC, 12 minutes), Prayer (Extended Rd 1 of 16)
    Last edited by Gryndel; 2012-03-06 at 11:30 AM.
    Game on...

    MW
    Ryclend Game OOC Dice

  28. - Top - End - #238
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    Daryk's Avatar

    Join Date
    Nov 2007

    Default Re: [3.5] Ryclend Deephold

    Halad

    Seeing one of the giants emerge from cover and pulverize the group's newest ally, Halad fired three arrows at it.

    Spoiler
    Show
    I'm not factoring in a range increment this time.
    First Arrow To Hit: (1d20+13)[32] (including Prayer)
    First Arrow Damage: (1d8+7)[15] (including Prayer)
    Second Arrow To Hit: (1d20+13)[17] (including Prayer)
    Second Arrow Damage: (1d8+7)[9] (including Prayer)
    Third Arrow To Hit: (1d20+8)[18] (including Prayer)
    Third Arrow Damage: (1d8+7)[11] (including Prayer)

  29. - Top - End - #239
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    PaladinGuy

    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Five minutes late
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: [3.5] Ryclend Deephold

    Carn charges, moving next to the giant attacking the barbarian (in flanking position), igniting his blades as he moves
    Spoiler
    Show

    120 foot charge
    attack: (1d20+17)[28] (+1 from prayer, +2 from charge, +2 from flank)
    damage: (1d10+8)[16] (+1 from prayer, +2 from charge) and (4d6)[16] SA from flank and (1d6)[5] fire
    Last edited by white rider; 2012-02-27 at 10:38 AM.
    My wifi is down. It should be back up by the 22nd. Sorry, snowy, morcy, drack, hat, etc.

  30. - Top - End - #240
    Dwarf in the Playground
     
    GnomePirate

    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Atlanta,Ga
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: [3.5] Ryclend Deephold

    Roderick hears the three blows land on the stoneblessed, and looks briefly over to see the damage dealt. He ignores the swarm of creatures and rushes to hopefully help distract the giant from the newcomer. Cursing his armor's lack of mobility, he mentally activates his boots, closing the gap to Rukesh and his foe. The priest also channels his divine energies, using his ability to change any spell into a healing burst of positive energy, though sacrificing power for swiftness.

    Spoiler
    Show

    Save vs Poison: (1d20+10)[29]
    Save vs Distraction: (1d20+10)[23]

    Move 20' towards giant B

    Standard action: Dimension stride Boots (5ch/day teleport: 1ch 20', 3 ch 40' 5 ch 60') Please let me know how many charges burned.

    Immediate action, burn bless weapon to cast Close Wounds on Rukesh. (1d4+5)[7]

    Run like you mean it boys & girls,
    that there's a lich!

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •