The Order of the Stick: Utterly Dwarfed
The Order of the Stick: Utterly Dwarfed - Coming in December and available for pre-order now
Page 9 of 38 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617181934 ... LastLast
Results 241 to 270 of 1127
  1. - Top - End - #241
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    Beholder

    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Northwest Ohio
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: [3.5] Ryclend Deephold

    Rukesh staggers from the last blow. He's not sure he could take another of those, but to jump in and then run at the first sign of trouble would be craven, so he remains, however he has no choice but to activate his healing belt instead of attacking.

    Spoiler
    Show
    Standard action: Healing belt, 3 charges (No AoO): (4d8)[12]
    ooc: more hatred from the dice roller...


    Then the barbarian gives a loud angry yell, working up a blood lust.
    Spoiler
    Show
    ooc: Barbiarian rage, Rukesh gains an additional 8 HP
    Last edited by Grodech; 2012-02-26 at 10:17 PM.

  2. - Top - End - #242
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    SolithKnightGuy

    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Netherlands
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: [3.5] Ryclend Deephold

    OOC:
    Spoiler
    Show

    Would it be possible to Benign Transposition myself with Rukesh? This to make him switch paces with me, take care that he is near the cleric and I will fight the meleebattles. I have nothing to do against swarms or incorpereal creatures, I am more meleebased and less able to hit those things. I will post a turn after getting answer on this.
    Last edited by Duskranger; 2012-02-27 at 08:42 AM.
    “Beware the Jabberwock, my son!
    The jaws that bite, the claws that catch!
    Beware the Jubjub bird, and shun
    The frumious Bandersnatch!”

    Lewis Carroll

  3. - Top - End - #243
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    Vauron's Avatar

    Join Date
    Nov 2009

    Default Re: [3.5] Ryclend Deephold

    Victor

    "This is taking to long," muttered Victor. Having said that, Victor sets caution aside and rushes to try and find the incorporeal foe.

    Spoiler
    Show
    attack 1
    (1d20+10)[19] Add 1 if within 30 feet
    (5d6+1)[13] Add 1 if within 30 feet

    crit
    (1d20+10)[23] Add 1 if within 30 feet
    (5d6+1)[17] Add 1 if within 30 feet

    Double move to get in range of the wraith, but if he is in range after the first move action Victor fires a eldritch blast.

  4. - Top - End - #244
    Troll in the Playground
     
    Gryndel's Avatar

    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Florida
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: [3.5] Ryclend Deephold

    Quote Originally Posted by Duskranger View Post
    OOC:
    Spoiler
    Show

    Would it be possible to Benign Transposition myself with Rukesh? This to make him switch paces with me, take care that he is near the cleric and I will fight the meleebattles. I have nothing to do against swarms or incorpereal creatures, I am more meleebased and less able to hit those things. I will post a turn after getting answer on this.
    Sorry I didn't answer sooner, I see you're waiting on me!

    Yes, provided Ferdinand saves and is in range. Right now they are about 160' apart.
    Game on...

    MW
    Ryclend Game OOC Dice

  5. - Top - End - #245
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    SolithKnightGuy

    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Netherlands
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: [3.5] Ryclend Deephold

    OOC:
    Spoiler
    Show

    My range for benign transposition is 160' (medium ranged spell). But can I see him? According to me Benign transposition has a clausule of visual. If not I can do it now, if it doesn't well, I do it now. I do need to check what kind of action it was though.
    “Beware the Jabberwock, my son!
    The jaws that bite, the claws that catch!
    Beware the Jubjub bird, and shun
    The frumious Bandersnatch!”

    Lewis Carroll

  6. - Top - End - #246
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    PaladinGuy

    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Five minutes late
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: [3.5] Ryclend Deephold

    Hey, did the thread die? Why has nobody posted?
    My wifi is down. It should be back up by the 22nd. Sorry, snowy, morcy, drack, hat, etc.

  7. - Top - End - #247
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    SolithKnightGuy

    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Netherlands
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: [3.5] Ryclend Deephold

    OOC:

    I am still waiting on answer from Gryndel. After that I will post.
    “Beware the Jabberwock, my son!
    The jaws that bite, the claws that catch!
    Beware the Jubjub bird, and shun
    The frumious Bandersnatch!”

    Lewis Carroll

  8. - Top - End - #248
    Troll in the Playground
     
    Gryndel's Avatar

    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Florida
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: [3.5] Ryclend Deephold

    Quote Originally Posted by Duskranger View Post
    OOC:
    My range for benign transposition is 160' (medium ranged spell). But can I see him? According to me Benign transposition has a clausule of visual. If not I can do it now, if it doesn't well, I do it now. I do need to check what kind of action it was though.
    Durn another question waiting on me? Sorry, and yes you can see him.

    I'll check over both threads and see if any other issues are outstanding then work on the next post.
    Last edited by Gryndel; 2012-03-06 at 10:42 AM.
    Game on...

    MW
    Ryclend Game OOC Dice

  9. - Top - End - #249
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    SolithKnightGuy

    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Netherlands
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: [3.5] Ryclend Deephold

    Ferdinand

    Ferdinand bodily fought away the swarm of critters that came over him, he felt their sting, but just did not pay any attention to it. Knowing he could not win against these creatures he tried to make a choice.

    Victor I'm sorry, I can't help you. But I wonder why this beast does not come outside in the light. What do you think that the best strategy is now at this moment?

    Ferdinand moves 30' backwards and waits for an answer. Not knowing what to do at this moment.
    Last edited by Duskranger; 2012-03-06 at 01:34 AM.
    “Beware the Jabberwock, my son!
    The jaws that bite, the claws that catch!
    Beware the Jubjub bird, and shun
    The frumious Bandersnatch!”

    Lewis Carroll

  10. - Top - End - #250
    Troll in the Playground
     
    Gryndel's Avatar

    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Florida
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: [3.5] Ryclend Deephold

    OK I posted a few issues in the OOC thread. I'm off to work now, but will post tonight or tomorrow; pending some OOC replies.
    Game on...

    MW
    Ryclend Game OOC Dice

  11. - Top - End - #251
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    PaladinGuy

    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Five minutes late
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: [3.5] Ryclend Deephold

    I misread the rules, I will only run, not charge.
    My wifi is down. It should be back up by the 22nd. Sorry, snowy, morcy, drack, hat, etc.

  12. - Top - End - #252
    Troll in the Playground
     
    Gryndel's Avatar

    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Florida
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: [3.5] Ryclend Deephold

    Rd 3
    Ferdinand fretted over the fate of the newcomer being beaten so badly in the initial exchange, and considered a spell to switch places. But the barbarian seemed enraged and certainly unwilling to participate, so Ferdinand’s immediate concern became focused on the spider swarm. He fought off the spiders and backed away from the area, uncertain what to do at this point.

    Move back 30'



    Carn rushed to the aid of Rukesh, forgoing any chance of attacking to move as fast as possible to engage the raging giant.

    Run = move 120' toward GiantA



    Roderick suffered no further harm from the swarm as he moved toward the giant battle. Using the magic of his boots brought him much closer, his armor restricting his movement notwithstanding.

    made both saves vs swarm
    Move 20' +Dimension Hop 60' (now 70' from giants)



    Halad harried the hulking barbarian giant with a trio of arrows, but only the first struck true and did any harm.

    30 hit 15 dmg
    15 miss
    16 miss


    The swarm of spiders moved toward Halad, threatening to engulf the elf if he remained in place

    Move 20'



    The Wraith remained out of sight and did nothing to give away its position or intent, vanishing for all intents and purposes.


    Rukesh refused to accept defeat, using his belt to bolster his life and heal some of the terrible damage he’d suffered. He then entered a state of rage to match the giant, no longer caring if he lived or died but only that he fight furiously!


    Belt (3 cgs) Cure 17
    Rage (rd 1) gain 8 temp HP



    Victor moved closer and tried to find a way to target the wraith. But it seemed his only option was another blind shot of eldritch power into the rubble with the hope that it would harm the undead.


    The wounded and raging Giant swung his mighty club around in dangerous arcs, apparently quite adept at targeting more than one foe as it bashed Rukesh, Sienna, and Carn. The first struck down the stonechild, though he lay crumpled and broken he was still alive. The massive club struck the halfling hard on the head but failed to do more than drana bit of blood from the cracked skull. Carn was swept off his feet from the hit he endured, the great club cracking ribs and crunching shoulder bone with a savage attack that flung the man aside and all but killed him.

    Rukesh 30 hit 26 dmg (drop at 0 HP)
    Sienna 36 hit 23 dmg
    Carn
    36 hit (crit) 48 dmg (drop, dying at -5, roll stabilize check d100)
    DR2 from Sienna aura applied



    The other Giant hurled a rock at the advancing Roderick but missed. Roaring in frustration and rage it pulled out its club and advanced on Roderick with murderous intent.

    17 miss
    Move 50' (now 20' from Rod)



    Sienna stabbed at the giant’s leg with her trident but missed. She slammed her shield into its shin, inflicting a minor wound that was all but ignored.

    Trident 18 miss
    Shield Bash 22 hit 4 dmg



    Spoiler
    Show
    At or near gate: Ferd, Vic, Halad
    Vs Giants: Carn, Ruk, Sienna, Rod (20' away from GiantB)

    Initiative
    Ferdinand 26
    Carn 22
    Roderick 18
    Halad 12
    Wraith 11
    Rukesh 9
    Victor 8
    GiantA 6
    Giant B 1
    Sienna 1

    Wounds
    Carn 61 (dying at -5 HP)
    Ferdinand 4
    Roderick 2
    Rukesh 68 (+8 temp = down at 0 HP)
    Sienna 23
    Victor 11
    GiantA 52 (+28 temp)
    GiantB 12
    Wraith 6

    Active Spells
    Sienna Aura of Toughness (DR 2/magic)
    Victor See the Unseen, Fell Flight
    Ferdinand Shield (+5 AC, 12 minutes), Prayer (Extended Rd 2 of 16)
    Game on...

    MW
    Ryclend Game OOC Dice

  13. - Top - End - #253
    Troll in the Playground
     
    Gryndel's Avatar

    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Florida
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: [3.5] Ryclend Deephold

    Rd 3
    Ferdinand fretted over the fate of the newcomer being beaten so badly in the initial exchange, and considered a spell to switch places. But the barbarian seemed enraged and certainly unwilling to participate, so Ferdinand’s immediate concern became focused on the spider swarm. He fought off the spiders and moved further into the ruins, ready to assist against the giants.

    Move forward 30'



    Carn rushed to the aid of Rukesh, forgoing any chance of attacking to move as fast as possible to engage the raging giant.

    Run = move 120' toward GiantA



    Roderick suffered no further harm from the swarm as he moved toward the giant battle. Using the magic of his boots brought him much closer, his armor restricting his movement notwithstanding.

    made both saves vs swarm
    Move 20' +Dimension Hop 60' (now 70' from giants)



    Halad harried the hulking barbarian giant with a trio of arrows, but only the first struck true and did any harm.

    30 hit 15 dmg
    15 miss
    16 miss


    The swarm of spiders moved toward Halad, threatening to engulf the elf if he remained in place

    Move 20'



    The Wraith remained out of sight and did nothing to give away its position or intent, vanishing for all intents and purposes.


    Rukesh refused to accept defeat, using his belt to bolster his life and heal some of the terrible damage he’d suffered. He then entered a state of rage to match the giant, no longer caring if he lived or died but only that he fight furiously!

    Belt (3 cgs) Cure 17
    Rage (rd 1) gain 8 temp HP



    Victor moved closer and tried to find a way to target the wraith. But it seemed his only option was another blind shot of eldritch power into the rubble with the hope that it would harm the undead.


    The wounded and raging Giant swung his mighty club around in dangerous arcs, apparently quite adept at targeting more than one foe as it bashed Rukesh, Sienna, and Carn. The first struck down the stonechild, though he lay crumpled and broken he was still alive. The massive club struck the halfling hard on the head but failed to do more than drana bit of blood from the cracked skull. Carn was swept off his feet from the hit he endured, the great club cracking ribs and crunching shoulder bone with a savage attack that flung the man aside and all but killed him.

    Rukesh 30 hit 26 dmg (at 0 HP)
    Sienna 36 hit 23 dmg
    Carn
    36 hit (crit) 48 dmg (drop, dying at -5, roll stabilize check d100)
    DR2 from Sienna aura applied



    The other Giant hurled a rock at the advancing Roderick but missed. Roaring in frustration and rage it pulled out its club and advanced on Roderick with murderous intent.

    17 miss
    Move 50' (now 20' from Rod)



    Sienna stabbed at the giant’s leg with her trident but missed. She slammed her shield into its shin, inflicting a minor wound that was all but ignored.

    Trident 18 miss
    Shield Bash 22 hit 4 dmg



    Spoiler
    Show
    At or near gate: Ferd, Vic, Halad
    Vs Giants: Carn, Ruk, Sienna, Rod (20' away from GiantB)

    Initiative
    Ferdinand 26
    Carn 22
    Roderick 18
    Halad 12
    Wraith 11
    Rukesh 9
    Victor 8
    GiantA 6
    Giant B 1
    Sienna 1

    Wounds
    Carn 61 (dying at -5 HP)
    Ferdinand 4
    Roderick 2
    Rukesh 68 (at 0 HP)
    Sienna 23
    Victor 11
    GiantA 52 (+28 temp)
    GiantB 12
    Wraith 6

    Active Spells
    Sienna Aura of Toughness (DR 2/magic)
    Victor See the Unseen, Fell Flight
    Ferdinand Shield (+5 AC, 12 minutes), Prayer (Extended Rd 2 of 16)
    Last edited by Gryndel; 2012-03-06 at 01:29 PM.
    Game on...

    MW
    Ryclend Game OOC Dice

  14. - Top - End - #254
    Dwarf in the Playground
     
    GnomePirate

    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Atlanta,Ga
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: [3.5] Ryclend Deephold

    Roderick's eyes widen as he sees his companions get swept aside by the one giant as if they were paper. He slows his frantic pace to cast a spell that hopefully the weak willed creatures could not penetrate, to buy him some time to get to their side.

    Spoiler
    Show


    Move 20' toward giant A

    Standard action cast Sanctuary (Will DC 16)

    Run like you mean it boys & girls,
    that there's a lich!

  15. - Top - End - #255
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    SolithKnightGuy

    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Netherlands
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: [3.5] Ryclend Deephold

    Ferdinand

    Seeing his ally fall, bleeding on the ground, Ferdinand decides it's done. He moves 30'towards Roderick and the battle.

    Roderick, get ready. I will transport one of our allies towards here so that you can administer first aid. I will take their battle over from them.

    After that he weaves some signs where he is standing and suddenly is where Carn was laying just a moment ago. His sword ready to parry.
    “Beware the Jabberwock, my son!
    The jaws that bite, the claws that catch!
    Beware the Jubjub bird, and shun
    The frumious Bandersnatch!”

    Lewis Carroll

  16. - Top - End - #256
    Troll in the Playground
     
    Gryndel's Avatar

    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Florida
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: [3.5] Ryclend Deephold

    Sienna
    Seeing Ferdinand suddenly standing ready to fight in place of another who just fell in battle, Sienna laughed nervously, "This is one tough giant! Glad to see ya lad, but I wish that damned dwarf was here now."

    OOC:
    Spoiler
    Show
    OK I left this open from earlier in case things went very badly. So if a majority wants me to bring in an NPC, Drynch the dwarf cleric of battle will magically appear in place of Sienna! It wont guarantee a victory, but he's much more able to handle giants and has healing available for after.

    Reply to his in the ooc thread and we'll get it straightened out by next round...
    Game on...

    MW
    Ryclend Game OOC Dice

  17. - Top - End - #257
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    Daryk's Avatar

    Join Date
    Nov 2007

    Default Re: [3.5] Ryclend Deephold

    Halad

    Catching the swarm's movement toward him out of the corner of his eye, Halad abandoned his cover to close the range to the nearest giant and maneuver around his allies for a clear shot. As he moved, he drew and nocked two arrows, only firing when he was sure of his target.

    Spoiler
    Show
    Manyshot FTW!
    Move 50' away from the spiders and toward the nearest giant.
    To Hit: (1d20+11)[26] No more range penalty, -4 for Manyshot vice -2 for Rapid Shot.
    Damage #1: (1d8+7)[14]
    Damage #2: (1d8+7)[10]

  18. - Top - End - #258
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    PaladinGuy

    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Five minutes late
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: [3.5] Ryclend Deephold

    oof- stabilize: (1d100)[57]
    My wifi is down. It should be back up by the 22nd. Sorry, snowy, morcy, drack, hat, etc.

  19. - Top - End - #259
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    Vauron's Avatar

    Join Date
    Nov 2009

    Default Re: [3.5] Ryclend Deephold

    Victor

    "Damnation, I can't get at the thing," griped Victor. His attempts to get at the underground foe had been less than effective. Seeking prey he could actually strike at, Victor shot coruscating bolts at the summoned swarm while begining to move in the direction of the giants.


    Spoiler
    Show
    If need be, Victor burns his move action to get in range of the swarm, but outside the bare minimum needed to get/keep him in range of the swarm, the rest of his move action moves him towards the giants.

    attack 1a
    (1d20+10)[19] Add 1 if within 30 feet
    (5d6+1)[21] Add 1 if within 30 feet

    crit
    (1d20+10)[29]
    (5d6+1)[19] add 1 if within 30 feet

  20. - Top - End - #260
    Dwarf in the Playground
     
    RogueGirl

    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Florida
    Gender
    Female

    Default Re: [3.5] Ryclend Deephold

    Droska casts Invisibility on herself then climbs out of the rubble and runs towards one of the giants. She hoped to climb up on the giant and bite him on any exposed skin.

    Initiative (1d20+1)[7]
    Climb check (1d20+18)[24]
    Move Silently (1d20+12)[27]
    Attack (1d20+5)[11]

  21. - Top - End - #261
    Troll in the Playground
     
    Gryndel's Avatar

    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Florida
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: [3.5] Ryclend Deephold

    Rd 4
    Ferdinand regained his previous position and cast a spell to exchange places with Carn. Sword ready, he joined Sienna to bravely face the raging giant.

    Move 30' forward
    Cast Benign Transposition with Carn



    While momentarily brought to a relatively safe position, Carn lay bleeding on the ground.

    Failed stabilize (roll again) 1 dmg



    Roderick cast a spell to induce the giant that was advancing to ignore him and allow him to get closer to the giant battering his wounded companions. He moved to avoid the advancing giant, praying that his clever tactic worked.

    Cast Sanctuary
    Move 20'



    Halad moved from the path of the spider swarm and fired a pair of arrows in one shot at the nearest giant. Both missiles struck the intended target, doing further damage that was ignored by the raging hulk.

    Move 50' toward giantB
    26 hit 24 total dmg



    The swarm of spiders turned toward Carn, being the closest creature.

    Move 20' toward Carn



    Rukesh lay unconscious, but still in danger of being crushed to death.


    Victor blasted the swarm into oblivion with eldritch power, then moved closer to the giant battle.

    20 hit 22 dmg = destroyed



    Victor was the only one to notice an invisible spidery creature (Droska) that crept over the north wall and silently approached the scene of violence.

    Cast Invisibility
    Move down wall onto ground and 10' into runs (currently 60' from nearest giant)



    The moderately wounded and raging Giant roared as Ferdinand appeared. Though clearly ignorant of the details, the appearance of a new foe took only seconds for the giant to focus on and attack. The horrible club smashed into Ferdinand, and swept back with incredible speed to hit him again. Not ignoring Sienna, the giant smashed his club into the halfling again as well.

    Ferdinand
    33 hit 17 dmg
    37 hit 21 dmg
    Sienna 33 hit 17 dmg
    DR2 still applied



    Luck was with other the giant as it fought off the divine abjuration cast by Roderick and attacked. The large club smashed down on the well protected priest, bruising and battering the body beneath.

    Will save 23 vs DC 16
    39 hit 23 dmg



    Sienna had triggered something with her ‘wish’ spoken aloud in such a situation. While very few witnessed the resulting sparkle of dark green magic that surrounded her briefly, all who were conscious noticed the growling gruff dwarf standing there in her place.

    Heavy steel shield and dwarven waraxe in hand, Drynch ignored the gut wrenching transposition with the halfling and immediately set to his most enjoyable activity; fighting giants! Hill giants in particular, were his favorite foe to fight, being a specially hated race in his religion. Not bothering with any spells, he immediately joined the battle with axe swinging, a frosty edge to the blade apparent to any who paid much attention. A deep baritone dwarven song grated on nerves and even caught the attention of the raging giants, who both turned their attention to him. Giving the nearest one his full attention, the axe bit deep.

    26 hit 27 dmg
    27 hit 33 dmg
    Ehontar added



    OOC
    Spoiler
    Show
    Initiative
    Ferdinand 26
    Carn 22
    Roderick 18
    Halad 12
    Rukesh 9
    Victor 8
    Droska 7
    GiantA 6
    Giant B 1
    Drynch 1

    Wounds
    Carn 62 (dying at -6 HP)
    Ferdinand 42
    Roderick 25
    Rukesh 68 (+8 temp = down at 0 HP)
    Sienna 40
    Victor 11
    GiantA 112 (+28 temp)
    GiantB 36 (+28 temp)

    Active Spells
    Victor See the Unseen, Fell Flight
    Ferdinand Shield (+5 AC, 12 minutes), Prayer (Extended Rd 3 of 16)
    Last edited by Gryndel; 2012-03-12 at 01:39 PM.
    Game on...

    MW
    Ryclend Game OOC Dice

  22. - Top - End - #262
    Dwarf in the Playground
     
    GnomePirate

    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Atlanta,Ga
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: [3.5] Ryclend Deephold

    Desperate for a tactic that will work against his opponent, Roderick steps into arm's reach of the giant, and attempts to incant one more spell. Reaching out to touch the raging creature, he intones the most harmful curse his deity can allow him.

    Praying silently to his god, he completes the spell, understanding that he will soon be seeing his deity personally if this does not succeed.

    Spoiler
    Show


    5' move to melee range of giant.

    Bestow curse, 50% chance of inactivity variant, DC 16
    Melee Touch attack for curse (1d20+11)[14]

    Run like you mean it boys & girls,
    that there's a lich!

  23. - Top - End - #263
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    Daryk's Avatar

    Join Date
    Nov 2007

    Default Re: [3.5] Ryclend Deephold

    Halad

    Momentarily stunned by his friend's sudden replacement with the dwarven cleric, Halad quickly recovered and took note of the destruction of the swarm. Nodding once, he quickly fired three more arrows at the nearest giant, hoping to fell it before another of his companions were crushed by its huge club.

    Spoiler
    Show
    Back to Rapid Shot...
    Arrow #1 To Hit: (1d20+13)[30] (No more range increment, + Prayer)
    Arrow #1 Damage: (1d8+7)[14]
    Arrow #2 To Hit: (1d20+13)[19] (No more range increment, + Prayer)
    Arrow #2 Damage: (1d8+7)[8]
    Arrow #3 To Hit: (1d20+8)[25] (No more range increment, + Prayer)
    Arrow #1 Damage: (1d8+7)[10]

  24. - Top - End - #264
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    SolithKnightGuy

    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Netherlands
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: [3.5] Ryclend Deephold

    Ferdinand

    Feeling the club bruising his body, and apparantly breaking some of his ribs he looks up. After he spits out some of the blood rising in his throat he talks to the Giant.

    I will not show you mercy, for you have shown me none, you have hurted my friends, without any provocation from their side. I will be the hammer of judgment for you have been tried. The sentence will be death. As is according to the law of my order.

    Ferdinand's sword starts glowing with a black light sucking darkness. He swings the sword and tries to get the Giant to his knees. Swifly, but carefully.

    Spoiler
    Show

    Attacks:
    (1d20+11)[20] for (2d6+6)[12]
    (1d20+6)[21] for (2d6+6)[13]

    If one of the attacks hit, the Vampiric Touch stored in the weapon deals an additional (3d6)[11] damage and gives Ferdinand the same amount as Temperary Hitpoints.
    “Beware the Jabberwock, my son!
    The jaws that bite, the claws that catch!
    Beware the Jubjub bird, and shun
    The frumious Bandersnatch!”

    Lewis Carroll

  25. - Top - End - #265
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    Vauron's Avatar

    Join Date
    Nov 2009

    Default Re: [3.5] Ryclend Deephold

    Victor

    "There's a massive invisible spider-thing headed your way," called the warlock to those engaging the giants. As he called his warning, Victor continued to soar toward the melee behind a ray of intense teal light.


    Spoiler
    Show

    If Victor is not within 60 feet of the giants after a move action, he moves forward again instead of firing. He'll stay out of reach of the giants, and use any 'excess' movespeed to increase altitude.The blast is a Frightful one, DC17 or be shaken for a minute.

    attack 1a
    (1d20+10)[30] Add 1 if within 30 feet
    (5d6+1)[14] Add 1 if within 30 feet

    attack 1b
    (1d20+10)[29] Add 1 if within 30 feet
    (5d6+1)[19] Add 1 if within 30 feet, than halve

  26. - Top - End - #266
    Dwarf in the Playground
     
    RogueGirl

    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Florida
    Gender
    Female

    Default Re: [3.5] Ryclend Deephold

    Droska

    Droska takes a quick look at Victor but continues her path to the giants. I obviously can't hide from that one. He must be a spell caster.
    If all else fails, use force. If force doesn't work, you're not using enough.

    Ryclend Deephold - Droska

  27. - Top - End - #267
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    PaladinGuy

    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Five minutes late
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: [3.5] Ryclend Deephold

    Carn lies still on the ground.
    stabilize: (1d100)[19]
    My wifi is down. It should be back up by the 22nd. Sorry, snowy, morcy, drack, hat, etc.

  28. - Top - End - #268
    Troll in the Playground
     
    Gryndel's Avatar

    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Florida
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: [3.5] Ryclend Deephold

    Rd 5
    Ferdinand flashed out his great sword, both hands gripping the weapon tightly as he slashed into the raging giant. Striking deeply, the magic blade released the spell stored within to deal more damage, draining it to transfer directly to heal some of the wounds suffered by the spellsword.

    20 hit (12 +11 Vamp Tch) 23 dmg
    Ferdinand gains 11 Temp HP
    21 hit 13 dmg



    Carn continued to bleed, edging closer to death.

    Fail stabilize (roll again) 1 dmg



    Roderick stepped up and called down a divine curse upon his terrible giant foe. Reaching out to touch his opponent, the divine magic flowed over the raging creature.

    5' step
    Cast Defensively Bestow Curse
    Tch Atk 14 hit



    Halad set his feet and fired a trio of arrows at the most wounded giant. The first struck right through the throat. As blood foamed in the giant’s raging mouth the second flew wide, but the third pierced the heart and brought the giant crashing to the ground.

    30 hit 14 dmg
    19 miss
    25 hit 10 dmg = DEAD



    Rukesh lay unconscious, lucky that the giant corpse didn’t fall and crush him.


    Victor flew closer and blasted the giant, wounding it further.

    RTA 30 hit 14 dmg



    Droska moved closer to the battle, still unnoticed except by all but Victor.

    Double move half speed



    The remaining Giant stood staring at Roderick, rage glaring in its eyes. But the priest noted a flash of Divine light as the giant stood there, briefly brought to inaction by his spell.

    Will save 10 vs DC 16, inactive



    Drynch stepped over the fallen giant with a deep growl, smashing a side the last shaft that killed it with his shield. Glaring around what he viewed a field of battle, the dwarf noted the fallen Rukesh, someone he knew from town; the bleeding man near death, not far from the gate ruins; and the others arrayed to deal with the remaining giant, who seemed confused for the moment.

    Concluding immediately that the best tactic would be to end the only threat remaining. So he moved to engage the traditional foe and bellowed out, “Somebody better save yer friend, Rukesh’ll be fine.”

    Charge the giant Attack 37 hit 21 dmg


    Spoiler
    Show
    Initiative
    Ferdinand 26
    Carn 22
    Roderick 18
    Halad 12
    Rukesh 9
    Victor 8
    Droska 7
    Giant B 1
    Drynch 1

    Wounds
    Carn 63 (dying at -7 HP)
    Ferdinand 42 (+11 temp)
    Roderick 25
    Rukesh 68 (+8 temp = down at 0 HP)
    Sienna 40
    Victor 11
    GiantB 71 (+28 temp)

    Active Spells
    Victor See the Unseen, Fell Flight
    Ferdinand Shield (+5 AC, 12 minutes), Prayer (Extended Rd 4 of 16)
    Roderick Bestow Curse (50% inactive)
    Game on...

    MW
    Ryclend Game OOC Dice

  29. - Top - End - #269
    Dwarf in the Playground
     
    GnomePirate

    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Atlanta,Ga
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: [3.5] Ryclend Deephold

    Roderick smiles seeing the giant's inaction. He breathes a sigh of relief and wonders why he doubted hs patron.

    Hoping he can withstand the parting blow if the giant is able to try one, The priest turns on his heel and moves quickly toward his broken companion's side. Seeing that he will not be able to make it there promptly, he expends an immediate burst of barely focused healing energy to stabilize Carn.

    Spoiler
    Show

    Double move to Carn, taking the AOO if it happens.
    Once within 50 feet, burn Aid to spontaneously cast Close Wounds on Carn.
    Immediate action, Healing (1d4+5)[8]
    Run like you mean it boys & girls,
    that there's a lich!

  30. - Top - End - #270
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    PaladinGuy

    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Five minutes late
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: [3.5] Ryclend Deephold

    stabilize: [roll0]
    edit: crap
    Last edited by white rider; 2012-03-14 at 02:50 PM.
    My wifi is down. It should be back up by the 22nd. Sorry, snowy, morcy, drack, hat, etc.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •