Page 3 of 28 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #61
    Bugbear in the Playground

Default Re: [3.5] Ryclend Deephold OOC

Actually I noticed that most have typical adventuring gear included, and not all have the money to pay for a room for a week. While some of that gear may prove useful on the short trip there (about 2 days), once inside the dungeon it will literally be dead weight. So you could trim down your mundane gear a bit and probably have enough for a week - or at least enough to share a room with a buddy.
    Game on...

Heretic's Bane Magnum Rurikson

Ryclend Deephold Game OOC Dice

2. - Top - End - #62

You know what? If I'd grabbed rope trick, as I so nearly did, instead of alter self, Alberich would be trying to get a group to run in without the keys. He's got food for a large group covered pretty handily too, though he is admittedly quite tired of conjured food.
    Proud member of the Gnomish Wanderer fanclub!

Lovely Gnomatar by Gnomish Wanderer

3. - Top - End - #63

The rogue trying to bluff the elf wizard about a magic item? bwuahahahahahaha!

OK Sense Motive 1st; (1d20+15)[22]
    Game on...

4. - Top - End - #64

Quote Originally Posted by Gadora View Post
    You know what? If I'd grabbed rope trick, as I so nearly did, instead of alter self, Alberich would be trying to get a group to run in without the keys. He's got food for a large group covered pretty handily too, though he is admittedly quite tired of conjured food.
    I believe it was in the recruitment thread, but I stated that you could alter your character up to the point when you leave the inn on the journey. So everyone should feel free to alter equipment, spells, whatever until then. Probably a good idea not to change anything major (race, class, etc). If you do make any changes, please let me know in PM so I'm aware of the changes.

As to going it on your own, the only comment I have at this point is that its purely a player choice to participate and agree to the terms of Greenhorn Hall.
    Game on...

5. - Top - End - #65
    Barbarian in the Playground

PaladinGuy

eh. it was worth a shot.
    sheet
    Spoiler
    Show
    carn, human Rogue 7

chaotic good, 5'6''
    STR 16 +3
    DEX 18 +4
    CON 13 +1
    INT 14 +2
    WIS 12 +1
    CHA 16 +3

ARMOR CLASS 20, flat footed 20, touch 15
    INITIATIVE:+4
    fort:+4
    ref:+10
    will:+4
    +1 flaming Bastard sword +11 1d10+5+ 1d6 fire 19-20
    Bastard sword x2 +9/+9 1d10+5/1d10+3+1d6 fire 19-20
    Mwk shortbow +9 1d6+1 X3 60 ft 40 arrows
    FEATS :Two weapon fighting, weapon focus (bastard sword), oversized two weapon fighting, two weapon defense
    Bluff +14 Listen +7 Move Silently +15 Open Lock +17 Diplomacy +18 Disable Device +15 Escape Artist +10 Search +8 Sense Motive +12 Sleight of Hands +10 Hide +13 Intimidate +11 speak language (Abyssal Common Dwarven Elven Goblin Infernal Orc Undercommon)
    Sneak attack +4d6, trapfinding, evasion, trap sense, uncanny dodge
    backpack
    bedroll
    Flint and steel
    Hooded lantern
    Oil flasks x5
    Mwk thieves tools
    6 potions clw
    hand of the mage
    35gp

6. - Top - End - #66

After thinking over everything involved, I decided to offer this as an alternate option.

Spoiler
    Show
    Ruk Ra’al
    A dwarf wearing a full set of mithral plate mail covered by a cloak of dark brown walked in. His long beard was held firmly in three thick braids; a larger central one with a silver holy symbol of Moradin dangling from the end, flanked by a pair of slightly tighter and shorter braids each with a gold ring tied to the end.

With an introductory bow he said pleasantly, “Greetings, Deephold Delvers. I’m Ruk Ra’al, warrior of the Orcsplitter clan, Silver Hammer (ie paladin) of Moradin, and Amabssador of King Riktor Steelchin. I’m here to freely offer my services and help put an end to the incessant threats of Ryclend forever.”

Getting a mug of ale he joined them at the table and explained, “The local dwarf clan is bursting with pride as their Thane recently became King of the Northern Delv. Among the first edicts of the new ruler is a demand to put a stop once and for all to the incursions we continually face, which has been traced to the depths of Ryclend Deephold. In frustration over the inability for decades to find any access to the Deephold from underground, King Riktor Steelchin sent ambassadors to the appropriate authorities to initiate official proceedings.

After all the protocol of local politics had been handled, King Riktor dispatched me as a special envoy here, to Greenhorn Hall. You see, unless the threats from Deephold cease by next spring, His Majesty intends to send a team to begin construction of a new castle atop Ryclend Deephold. Arrangements have been finalized between my Liege and the human King, who share rightful claim to these lands above and below. Together they will secure the area and recognize Deephold as dwarven holdings; including the proposed castle. That would certainly change things around here, some of which the locals have expressed a personal dislike, particularly taxes.”

With a smile and nod to Elduin, Ruk concluded his diplomatic effort, “So, unless some valid objection exists that any of you believe would jeopardize success, I am to accompany you to explore Deephold. Mind you, this is not intended as some intrusion on your excursion, but rather a friendly gesture to assist in eradicating the evil that lives under Ryclend. So in addition to my presence to aid you, without claim to any share of treasures found, I’m authorized to give each of you a potion of your choice (from the srd table, less than 1000 gp). I will also personally pay for half your room fee each week, meaning if nay pair of you split a room its free for both.”

Elduin
    The elf looked slightly perturbed about something, but smiled and nodded, “As you please, Ambassador, an honorable enticement.”

If the majority of you agree, I'll post that in the game thread.
    Game on...

7. - Top - End - #67

Works for me. I'm thinking Sienna will still be willing to split a room with Halad.

8. - Top - End - #68
    Dwarf in the Playground

GnomePirate

You're the DM, I'm good with it. :)
    Run like you mean it boys & girls,
    that there's a lich!

9. - Top - End - #69

Re: [3.5] Ryclend Deephold OOC

So far:
    1. Carn paid 30 and Alberich is joining him in that room, presumably to pay half? If so, Carn gets 5 back and room paid in full.
    2. Roderick paid 50 for his room and offered to share it.
    3. Roderick paid 50 for a room that Halad and Sienna will share.
    4. Victor paid 50 for a room and offered to share it.
    5. Bartholemu currently negotiating...

Leaving Boggard, Kathtak, and Terev uncommitted. One can join Roderick, one can join Victor, and the last can join Bartholemu?

With the majority posting about room arrangements, I conclude the same majority (except Daryk, who posted here about it) doesn't want the dwarf paladin along. So pending final roomie arrangements I think we can move on. As some might suspect by now, regardless of how often he's asked, Elduin will remain vague about what you might find in Ryclend.

I don't mind playing that out, or any other questions for that matter, but I would like to move along as soon as possible to the next day when you leave. For beginning the game and joining the team you get enough XP to gain a level. You can update sheets any time, let me know what you changed, and we can start the journey to Death Knoll!
    Game on...

10. - Top - End - #70

Quote Originally Posted by Gryndel View Post
    So far:
    1. Carn paid 30 and Alberich is joining him in that room, presumably to pay half? If so, Carn gets 5 back and room paid in full.

Leaving Boggard, Kathtak, and Terev uncommitted. One can join Roderick, one can join Victor, and the last can join Bartholemu?

With the majority posting about room arrangements, I conclude the same majority (except Daryk, who posted here about it) doesn't want the dwarf paladin along. So pending final roomie arrangements I think we can move on. As some might suspect by now, regardless of how often he's asked, Elduin will remain vague about what you might find in Ryclend.

I don't mind playing that out, or any other questions for that matter, but I would like to move along as soon as possible to the next day when you leave. For beginning the game and joining the team you get enough XP to gain a level. You can update sheets any time, let me know what you changed, and we can start the journey to Death Knoll!
    Aye, Alberich's paying his half, but shouldn't Carn be getting more than five gold back? Alberich is providing food for the both of them, after all.
    "Yes, those not in need of sustenance would pay only 35 gold per week.."
    And wow, you really weren't kidding about us leveling quickly.

Also, I'm sort of hoping someone asks how many people Alberich can provide food for...
    Last edited by Gadora; 2011-10-27 at 01:50 PM.

11. - Top - End - #71

Quote Originally Posted by Gadora View Post
    Aye, Alberich's paying his half, but shouldn't Carn be getting more than five gold back? Alberich is providing food for the both of them, after all.
    Ahh yes, he initially paid 30, so the room without food/drink is 35. Half is 17.5, meaning he'd get 12.5 from his 30.

Of course it won't be like the sumptuous meals and endless drink you'd get for the full room fee, but you should be able to survive on it.
    Game on...

12. - Top - End - #72

Ahh yes, he initially paid 30, so the room without food/drink is 35. Half is 17.5, meaning he'd get 12.5 from his 30.

Of course it won't be like the sumptuous meals and endless drink you'd get for the full room fee, but you should be able to survive on it.
    Oh no, Alberich's already quite sick of conjured food, and I quite expect him to regret this. On the other hand, he is a bit bit of a skinflint, so there's really no way he'd have passed up on the reduced rate.

Any chance you'd be willing to throw in lavish descriptions of the glorious food everyone else is eating? It'd be fun to see Alberich squirm a bit.

13. - Top - End - #73

PaladinGuy

and carn will probably chip in the extra 8 gold necessary for lavish food too. by my calculations, if carn pays 25 and alberich pays 17.5, carn can eat however he wants. (and will probably taunt alberich about it, too)

14. - Top - End - #74

Quote Originally Posted by white rider View Post
    and carn will probably chip in the extra 8 gold necessary for lavish food too. by my calculations, if carn pays 25 and alberich pays 17.5, carn can eat however he wants. (and will probably taunt alberich about it, too)
    Meanie.

15. - Top - End - #75
    Dwarf in the Playground

GnomePirate

Leveled up, put stat point in Str. Only thing that really changed was spell column, hp and Str score.
    Run like you mean it boys & girls,
    that there's a lich!

16. - Top - End - #76

PaladinGuy

sheet up
    Spoiler
    Show
    carn, human Rogue 8
    Hp: [roll]7d6+14[/roll]
    chaotic good, 5'6''
    STR 16 +3
    DEX 19 +4
    CON 13 +1
    INT 14 +2
    WIS 12 +1
    CHA 16 +3

ref:+11 (+13 vs. traps)
    +1 flaming Bastard sword +12/+7 1d10+5+ 1d6 fire 19-20
    Bastard sword x2 +10/+10/+5/+5 1d10+5/1d10+3+1d6 fire 19-20
    FEATS :Two weapon fighting, weapon focus (bastard sword), oversized two weapon fighting, two weapon defense
    Bluff +15 Listen +8 Move Silently +16 Open Lock +18 Diplomacy +19 Disable Device +16 Escape Artist +11 Search +8 Sense Motive +13 Sleight of Hands +11 Hide +14 Intimidate +12 speak language (Abyssal Common Dwarven Elven Goblin Infernal Orc Undercommon)
    Sneak attack +4d6, trapfinding, evasion, trap sense, improved uncanny dodge
    backpack
    bedroll
    Flint and steel
    Hooded lantern
    Oil flasks x5
    Mwk thieves tools
    6 potions clw
    hand of the mage
    5gp
    Last edited by white rider; 2011-10-29 at 07:24 AM.

17. - Top - End - #77

With the majority posting about room arrangements, I conclude the same majority (except Daryk, who posted here about it) doesn't want the dwarf paladin along...
    Your exception is correct. I was somewhat looking forward to having an arsenal of Neutralize Poison and Remove Curse potions in the party.

That said, the majority does appear to be in favor of foregoing the paladin, and I'm OK with that too.

I'll be posting in response to Roderick's offer shortly after I update my character sheet. Speaking of which:

1) Adding a level of Arcane Archer (didn't need the Masterwork bow after all)
    2) Adding a point of DEX
    3) Adding four skill points
    4) Updating Saves, BAB, HP, AC, et al.
    5) Updating Familiar stats

18. - Top - End - #78

I think it might be a good idea to have everyone put a link to their sheet either in the OOC thread or in their signature.

19. - Top - End - #79

Quote Originally Posted by Vauron View Post
    I think it might be a good idea to have everyone put a link to their sheet either in the OOC thread or in their signature.
    I didn't do that? Here's a link to Alberich.

Finally made up my mind on Alberich's second new spell, so here's a summary of the changes:

• Gained six hp
    • Increased Int by one
    • Increased saves
    • Spent six skill points
    • Added first level four spells to spellbook(!)
    • Gained Summon Elemental as a bonus feat(already had Skill Focus(Bluff), so Malconvoker specifies that you choose any that you qualify for.)

I hadn't realized just how much I was going to pick up this level.

20. - Top - End - #80

Quote Originally Posted by white rider View Post
    sheet up
    Spoiler
    Show
    carn, human Rogue 7

chaotic good, 5'6''
    STR 16 +3
    DEX 19 +4
    CON 13 +1
    INT 14 +2
    WIS 12 +1
    CHA 16 +3

ref:+11 (+13 vs. traps)
    +1 flaming Bastard sword +12/+7 1d10+5+ 1d6 fire 19-20
    Bastard sword x2 +10/+10/+5/+5 1d10+5/1d10+3+1d6 fire 19-20
    Bluff +15 Listen +8 Move Silently +16 Open Lock +18 Diplomacy +19 Disable Device +16 Escape Artist +11 Search +8 Sense Motive +13 Sleight of Hands +11 Hide +14 Intimidate +12 speak language (Abyssal Common Dwarven Elven Goblin Infernal Orc Undercommon)
    Sneak attack +4d6, trapfinding, evasion, trap sense, improved uncanny dodge
    backpack
    bedroll
    Flint and steel
    Hooded lantern
    Oil flasks x5
    Mwk thieves tools
    6 potions clw
    hand of the mage
    5gp
    Should be level 8 total.

Where's his HPs?

Could you do a sheet on MythWeavers or somewhere? If you're not sure how or whatever I'm sure I or someone could help.
    Game on...

21. - Top - End - #81

Quote Originally Posted by Vauron View Post
    Agreed, great idea!
    Game on...

22. - Top - End - #82

We need to work out a marching order, you could easily go double file on the road, as its generally 10' wide. Probably a good idea to start working out single file order too, for when it comes up later... of course both subject to change as needed.
    Game on...

23. - Top - End - #83

I think Halad out front with Sienna on a fishing pole will work...

24. - Top - End - #84

PaladinGuy

I will probably be in the role of trap-finder/lock-picker, what with my build

25. - Top - End - #85

Quote Originally Posted by Daryk View Post
    I think Halad out front with Sienna on a fishing pole will work...
    ... That plan will cost you more gold than you have

Either way, Carn and Sienna up front, with Aura of Senses up (+2 listen, spot and initiative).

I don't use signatures, so I don't think me having a sheet in there will even show up. Maybe link them all in the first OOC post?

26. - Top - End - #86

In seriousness, while we're outside, I think it's better to keep Halad out front. His Spot and Listen are +11/+11, and he can maneuver quickly enough to get out of an ambush if need be.

27. - Top - End - #87

Probably best to plop Alberich somewhere in the middle. He's a bit squishy and can act pretty well at range.

28. - Top - End - #88
    Orc in the Playground

Considering that Bartholemu has less than 10 gold in his purse (the rest of the bulk is made up of pebbles) he is perhaps understandably nervous of showing his poverty infront of the others. After all, he was trying to "buy" their services. Don't expect him to say his vows too loudly either

Edit: Uh, as for tactics and stuff, Elmond is stictly a support mage. He has almost nothing directly offensive, so he'll be giving out pre- and mid-battle buffs and later on re-arranging the landscape to suite the group. However he is very good at running away (+3 initiative from dex, +4 from improved innitiative, +5 from Nerveskitter and Expeditious Retreat add up to a pretty speedy blur) and has got some nice defences in the form of Blur and possibly Reduce Person. +12 to initiative should mean he can get his buffs in early too. Stick him in the middle of the pack and he'll run around like a chicken with it's head off causing beneficial chaos. Stick him in the back and he might just try to leg it out of the dungeon.
    Last edited by Dark_Stalion; 2011-10-29 at 01:02 PM.
    The management holds no responsibility for loss of sanity while reading this post.

Kurt

29. - Top - End - #89

PaladinGuy

my sheet is now linked in my sig
    My wifi is down. It should be back up by the 22nd. Sorry, snowy, morcy, drack, hat, etc.

30. - Top - End - #90

PaladinGuy

Also, at 9th level i qualify for 2 feats: greater two weapon fighting (4 attacks per round) and disemboweling strike (choose between doing normal SA damage or doing 4d6 less and dealing 1d4 con damage)
    advice?
    My wifi is down. It should be back up by the 22nd. Sorry, snowy, morcy, drack, hat, etc.