New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #61
    Troll in the Playground

Default Re: [Nexus] Neon Knight's Plots

{the Veldt}

Albert tries to get what he can, but the two greedy Dark Elves grab up everything before he can. Well, one greedy Dark Elf. The other seemed to only grab a knife and a few jewelry pieces.

He might be able to grab an art piece or two. Though he'd have no idea what to do with it, since he's not from these parts, or this world for that matter.
    Last edited by Lex-Kat; 2011-10-26 at 05:57 PM.

Lexington III, my Brute. Inner Circle. ! Melody

2. - Top - End - #62
    Troll in the Playground

[The Veldt]

Well, by art objects, I just mean pretty, valuable stuff of no practical purpose. So he could sell it for money, or keep it as a memento. His choice.

As they divvy up the lot, Greg stows the wrapped up objects out of sight on his person. "There aren't anything you need to be concerned about." Greg realizes that such an evasive answer probably only increases suspicion, and sighs. "Look, I'll tell you if it becomes important, okay?" Greg frowns as he looks at the distance. "Uhhh, guys.... can you finish the division of the loot pretty quickly?"

3. - Top - End - #63
    Bugbear in the Playground

[The Veldt]

"I'm going, I'm going..." Dena replies as she quickly puts down what the others couldn't carry into her cloak. Giving Greg a worried glance. "Somethings coming? Is it those drought demons?"

4. - Top - End - #64
    Ogre in the Playground

[The Veldt]

Kirk follows Greg's gaze, trying to see what the other man sees. "What's happening?" He asks. Presumably Greg'll have a better idea of what's happening no matter what Kirk can see.

5. - Top - End - #65
    Troll in the Playground

[The Veldt]

"My lord...." The entire horizon appears to be on fire, and the rolling wave of fire seems to be headed in their direction. "That's.... more drought demons than I knew existed. And... they're coming this way, and we're just about the only things left to burn."

6. - Top - End - #66

[The Veldt]

"Dregzt uns'aa ulu l' charnaggen..." Dena mumbles as she stares at the horizon. "Okay, there must be something we can do. Can we out run them? I got a flask of fire resistance but I doubt it will be enough." She asks nervously.
    Last edited by Shadowcaller; 2011-10-28 at 06:26 AM.

7. - Top - End - #67
    Ogre in the Playground

[The Veldt]

"Son of a bitch..." Kirk's eyes dart back and forth, looking for something. Best case scenario would be some hole in the ground/tunnel. Just something to get some kind of cover. If that's not available, he has a suggestion. "We better run. Now."

8. - Top - End - #68
    Troll in the Playground

{the Veldt}

Albert looks at the 'Draught Demons' and freezes. "Fire Resistance? Can I see it?" he asks.

9. - Top - End - #69
    Troll in the Playground

[The Veldt]

"I... I... let me think..." Kirk doesn't see any convenient burrows to duck into. There is the body of the zepplin's gondola, but that doesn't look like it will provide much shelter. "We need to get out here... but they move faster than us, they'll just run us down.... we need to distract them. We need to hold them off long enough for them to find something better to burn."

10. - Top - End - #70

[The Veldt]

Desperately Dena starts to search the many pockets of her cloak, pulling out a bottle with a fire red liquid which she places on the ground along with a pouch of water.

"Damn, damn, damn... don't I got anything useful in this thing? Doubt any of my water would distract them..." She pulls up another bottle which is seemingly filled with a fine white dust. "Invisibility maybe?" She suggests before seemingly realizing something. "But we would have to stand perfectly still... damn it. There must be some reason they are going this direction, maybe we can use that?"

11. - Top - End - #71
    Troll in the Playground

[The Veldt]

"The fire might have attracted them. Or..." Greg glances at the wreckage of the zeppelin. "Or... hang on! Kirk, Al, Hold them back for a moment! Dena, follow me!" Greg makes a dash for the zeppelin body as a pair of drought ghosts get closer to the scene.

12. - Top - End - #72
    Ogre in the Playground

[The Veldt]

"Alright." Kirk scowls at the incoming attackers as the others move off. Time to test out that new knife. With a flick of the wrist, he sends the blade spinning at the first drought ghost.

13. - Top - End - #73

[The Veldt]

Dena follows along without a word, putting back her flask of powder into her cloak. "So what are you planning?" She asks as they hurry.

14. - Top - End - #74
    Troll in the Playground

{the Veldt}

Albert picks up the bottle of fire red liquid. "Do you think this is the Fire Resistance stuff?" he asks Kirk. Pulling out his near-useless 9 mm.

Following Kirk's lead, he begins firing at the same draught ghost Kirk flings the knife at. He's a little more on target this time, since he's gotten being scared of the strangness.

15. - Top - End - #75
    Troll in the Playground

[The Veldt]

The thrown knife causes the flaming thing to jerk back, thick limbs briefly visible before sheets of flame and cloaks or broiling smoke reassert themselves. The knife returns as advertised, unharmed and ready for another attack. The pistol has much the same effect, causing no visible harm but driving back the thing none the less. In frustration it places what might be an appendage or hand to the ground, wrenching up a lump of burning grass and soil, hurling the makeshift projectile at Kirk.

Greg climbs up onto the side of the wreck and starts yanking at a the handle of a hatch or door. "The airship! The thing that makes it lift, it's a gas, it's highly flammable. Maybe we can use it to distract them, if we let a whiff of it get out!" Greg starts beating at the hatch with the butt of his rifle. "It's jammed shut. Give me a hand here!"
    Last edited by Neon Knight; 2011-11-01 at 09:34 AM.

16. - Top - End - #76
    Ogre in the Playground

[The Veldt]

"I wouldn't try it." Kirk advises before dodging to the side, avoiding the flaming projectile. It doesn't give him a chance to counter attack, unfortunately. "Buggers don't know when to die." Kirk raises his knife, ready to loose it yet again.
    Last edited by Gullara; 2011-11-01 at 09:28 AM.

17. - Top - End - #77

[The Veldt]

The drow quickly goes to help him, she could figure out what he was talking about later. Physical strength isn't her forte but when your own life is at stake, you better well pull.

18. - Top - End - #78
    Troll in the Playground

{the Veldt}

Deciding to listen to Kirk, Albert pockets the bottle, and keeps firing as best he cn at the creature, trying to buy the others time.

He moves to one side of it, so the creature can only concentrate on one or the other at a time.

19. - Top - End - #79
    Troll in the Playground

[The Veldt]

The two vanguards of the drought ghost tide keep their distance, one pushed back by a steady stream of bullets from Albert. The other raises a bundle of rock and burning grass overhead, intending to throw it at Albert. A well aimed throw from Kirk might interrupt the attack, though.

With a wrench the door gives under their combined strength, and Greg climbs in. "Here, help me lift this out. Looks like the spare gas canisters are still good." He tries to lift a long, heavy metal cylinder out of the wreckage. "Okay, you need to roll this out towards them, see if they take the bait. It's risky, but I'll cover you from here, to make sure you can get back. When they start heading towards you, hit the cylinder at the top here, near the valve, and run like hell. Got it?"

20. - Top - End - #80
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Murkus View Post
    Tony's Teas

Ordo, looking cranky and ill as ever, enters the establishment. Investigating... tea. He figures the client at NO's gotta be some kinda screwball, considering the place is named Tony's ******* Teas.
    [Tony's T's]

Well, that's just the thing. Ordo can't find a store called Tony's Teas. At all. The closest thing he can find is a store called Tony's T's, manned by a balding fellow with a Brooklyn accent. It's one of those novelty internet T-shirt places, with every product plastered with memes and references that no one above the age of 30 is likely to get.

"Can I help you, sir?"

21. - Top - End - #81
    Ogre in the Playground

[The Veldt]

And that's just what Kirk will do. His knife flies right at the ghost, and a moment later it's followed by a second. Gotta be thorough.

22. - Top - End - #82

[The Veldt]

"****... yes, but I better get more paid for this." Well, technically she did sign up for possible death and injuries and this was probably their best way to survive.

Ignoring the fact all her instincts tells her to flee she starts to roll the damn thing towards the demons over the smoothest terrain she can find with both her arms. She's going to run at the slightest provocation once the demons come rolling, or whatever they are doing.

23. - Top - End - #83
    Halfling in the Playground

Tony's T's

Ordo's under thirty, and he still doesn't get any of the references. He finds the t-shirts kind of annoying, actually. Plus, there's the fact that NO's client seems to have made a 'minor' mistake.

Unless Tony's hiding a sinister tea-brewery!

"You don't sell tea, do you?" Ordo asks exasperatedly, knowing the answer.
    My avatar was done by Gullara. Thanks again!

"If you meet a spirit walking,
    Incline your head.
    Do not meet their gaze.
    Do not follow after."

-Things Our Mothers Tell Us

Nexus Characters

24. - Top - End - #84
    Troll in the Playground

[The Veldt]

((I'll wait for Lex for a little while longer.))

___

[Tony's Ts]

The shopkeep blinks once, and then a look of panic flies over his face. "He knows!" The man yanks a heavy looking mace out form underneath the counter and attempts to cave Ordo's head in with it.

25. - Top - End - #85
    Troll in the Playground

{the Veldt}

"Thanks." Albert says to Kirk. He keeps his guns trained on the first demon. "I do hope they hurry. I'm almost out of ammo." And then... *Click click click* Albert releases the clips from his guns, and quickly replaces them. Well, as quick as is humanly possible.

((Sorry. I though I was waiting on you. ))

26. - Top - End - #86
    Troll in the Playground

[The Veldt]

Kirk's thrown dagger flies true, driving the drought ghost back. The flaming projectile rolls harmlessly across the Veldt, scorching only plants. Albert's bullet barrage does a good job of holding the rest back, but they're steadily managing to inch closer and closer. It's starting to get hot...

The demons certainly come rolling out to greater, although they're scattered when Greg sends a heavy bullet careening amongst them. They're not that far from her, so she can probably initiate the next step of the plan.

27. - Top - End - #87
    Ogre in the Playground

[The Veldt]

Kirk takes a few steps away from the approaching ghosts for good measure. His dagger reappears in ihs hand yet again, and yet again he lets it loose at the nearest drought ghost.

28. - Top - End - #88

[The Veldt]

As soon as she starts gain some attention, she decides this is it. She stops as she finds a place where the cylinder can stand without falling down, makes it stand, grabs a rock and hits the cylinder near the valve as hard as she can with it.

Then it's time for her favorite part, the running.

Ruuuun!

29. - Top - End - #89
    Troll in the Playground

[The Veldt]

There is a hiss of escaping gas at Dena's strike, and it takes only a few seconds after she turns and starts running for the drought ghosts to reach the gas canister.

FWOOM! The detonation is a flat, rumbling sound, fire licking the sky as the canister bursts apart. There is a similar sounding hiss from the wreckage of the zeppelin, and then Greg climbers out, hitting the grass at a run. "Everyone, run! Run to the hills! Run for your lives!"

The drought ghosts are no longer interested in Kirk and Albert; they make a beeline for the spot of the explosion, and for the hissing coming from the hull. The drought ghosts at the spot of explosion wheel, as if drunken, seemingly reveling in the pyrotechnic spectacle.

30. - Top - End - #90
    Ogre in the Playground

[The Veldt]

Kirk runs. You don't need to tell him twice. Interestingly, his rather fancy shoes don't appear to be good for running at all, but they are actually well made for it. He needs it. Especially now.