New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 23 of 50 FirstFirst ... 13141516171819202122232425262728293031323348 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #661
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: [MLP:Fim] Bridle Shores Bar/Downtown thread 2

Sandy missed her little whisper, too distracted on ensuring she was alright. Again, no real worries, just seemed fatigued. Nothing a little rest couldn't fix. But just in case...

He trudged up the stairs again, returning with a strange sack and a piece of parchment, setting both down on the dining table and pulling up a seat. He alternated between studying the paper, retrieving more messages from the sack as they magically appeared, and glancing over at the sleeping mare. She seemed to be doing fine. The only disturbance came when a MEEP pony tried to get the two of them to evacuate. A flash of the badge later, and he was sent off to tell his boss that help was on the way.

He yawned loudly, adjusting his cushiony seat as he looked over yet another report. Before long, the words all ran together, converging into a mishmash of guard movements, false sightings, and status reports. Only one line stood out to the pegasus, one line from the first letter that stayed with him even as he slumped over, finally losing his own battle with exhaustion. The answer to the only question in his report:

"These ponies are in your care now. I leave it to your judgement."

/endponyday
    Last edited by TheAmishPirate; 2012-02-12 at 02:29 AM.
    I'm developing a game. Let's see what happens! Complex.

2. - Top - End - #662
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by sildra45 View Post
    Elsewhere from lonely Fine Twine, the armor that was Simmer trot his way onto the shore from under the lake, and made his way to town. As he entered town, that was when the sun decided to break the horizon, and his armor shone with a ghastly glare, the gem in his chest seeming to at the same time counter that very light with it's own darkness.

With a loud and impressively clear voice, despite the metallic sound of it, he announced to all within the city, and even those outside it.

"Simmer has returned! And this town, and all it's inhabitants, are now MINE to do with as I please! Come, you weak ponies. Face the Steel Stallion, and know fea" and with a kerplunk that his magic seemed to also amplify, he tripped on a rather obvious rock and face planted.
    [Sandy's House]

The heavy weight of responsibility on Sandy's shoulders must've weighed on his eyelids too; he slept right through the clanking of armor not a stone's throw from his house. That, or maybe it was the race, the crash, the magic show, finding the foal's mother, the marathon of a haunted house, and getting burnt to a crisp that made him sleep so soundly. Either worked.

He wasn't tired enough to sleep through the booming voice that rattled his windows. He snapped awake, wide-eyed as the foreboding message played, and then was abruptly cut off by...some sort of rock, apparently. He flew to the upstairs windows, and gasped as he saw the deep hoofprints leading right by his house and to the town. No! He can't be here yet, I haven't had nearly enough time to...no, calm down Shores, you can do this. No screaming or smoke just yet...town might still be alright. Just gotta hurry before somepony jumps the gun and tries to face him head-on... He sprinted downstairs to see if his guest had woken up amid the racket.

3. - Top - End - #663
    Troll in the Playground

The plum mare was still out, the drain on her magic and body proving to be more taxing than expected.

4. - Top - End - #664
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Benson View Post
    The plum mare was still out, the drain on her magic and body proving to be more taxing than expected.
    (Whoops, definitely didn't forget this, nosiree)

Sandy hopped on three legs as he tried to jam the last of what he'd need in his pockets. Which was really just his badge and official papers. The last thing he needed was some guard giving him the runaround. He noted Gwyn's sleeping form as he hoped towards the door, then paused. Would it really be such a good idea to leave her at his home, alone in the middle of a crisis? Her home was far safer...but he needed to get to the town five minutes ago...

He hopped indecisively, first to the door, then back towards the couch, then door, then couch, then door then couch then door-augh! He mentally strangled the air as he galloped to the couch and shook the plum pony. "Miss Gwyn! Miss Gwyn, you've got to get up, now!"

5. - Top - End - #665
    Troll in the Playground

On any other day, poor Sandy would have gotten a swift hoof to the face for shaking her and waking her up the way he did, filly loved her beauty sleep. But, she couldn't muster the energy to whack him one as displayed by a fore hoof that fell part way on a collision course for his face it would never make.

"Mnnnggh..."
    She groaned as he woke her up. "...I'mma...turn...you into a....newt later...."

6. - Top - End - #666
    Titan in the Playground

On any other day, poor Sandy would have gotten a swift hoof to the face for shaking her and waking her up the way he did, filly loved her beauty sleep. But, she couldn't muster the energy to whack him one as displayed by a fore hoof that fell part way on a collision course for his face it would never make.

"Mnnnggh..."
    She groaned as he woke her up. "...I'mma...turn...you into a....newt later...."
    Sandy leaned back, easily dodging the hoof. Heck, he didn't even have to move on that one. "Er, I'd rather you didn't, but that's...ugh, no time. Sorry for wakin' you like this, but you need to clear out of here. Can you teleport back home alright?"

7. - Top - End - #667
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by TheAmishPirate View Post
    Sandy leaned back, easily dodging the hoof. Heck, he didn't even have to move on that one. "Er, I'd rather you didn't, but that's...ugh, no time. Sorry for wakin' you like this, but you need to clear out of here. Can you teleport back home alright?"
    "Huh?" She questioned sleepily letting his question process in her mind. "O-of course..!...Hmmph." She used her best haughty voice that lost most its effect with a yawn that followed. Of course she couldn't teleport home right now, but she was, well herself.

8. - Top - End - #668
    Titan in the Playground

"Huh?" She questioned sleepily letting his question process in her mind. "O-of course..!...Hmmph." She used her best haughty voice that lost most its effect with a yawn that followed. Of course she couldn't teleport home right now, but she was, well herself.
    Sandy held up his forehooves in a placating gesture. "Sorry, didn't mean to imply nothin'." He sat there expectantly, waiting for her to teleport out.

9. - Top - End - #669
    Troll in the Playground

Sandy held up his forehooves in a placating gesture. "Sorry, didn't mean to imply nothin'." He sat there expectantly, waiting for her to teleport out.
    It was all just really a surreal moment, waking up in a stranger's home, what was his name again? Candy? Something girlish. She kinda just stared at him awkwardly until it clicked what he was expecting. Oh right.

She got up from the couch and on to all fours as her horn began to glow in an almost glorious way when it just...sputtered like a broken engine with little fizzle sparks. She put on an annoyed/surprised/glum expression all at once and tried again.

Fizzle.

"........................."

10. - Top - End - #670
    Titan in the Playground

It was all just really a surreal moment, waking up in a stranger's home, what was his name again? Candy? Something girlish. She kinda just stared at him awkwardly until it clicked what he was expecting. Oh right.

She got up from the couch and on to all fours as her horn began to glow in an almost glorious way when it just...sputtered like a broken engine with little fizzle sparks. She put on an annoyed/surprised/glum expression all at once and tried again.

Fizzle.

"........................."
    "Is somethin' wrong?" Sandy asked worriedly. His mind was already racing, trying to think of other places she could go to be safe. Her home was out of the question, too dangerous to go through the woods. Here was out of the question, Simmer'd just walked by, what if he retreated back and captured her? So where could she go? Knew I should've sprung for a decent basement. That's what I get for impulse buying...

11. - Top - End - #671
    Troll in the Playground

"Is somethin' wrong?" Sandy asked worriedly. His mind was already racing, trying to think of other places she could go to be safe. Her home was out of the question, too dangerous to go through the woods. Here was out of the question, Simmer'd just walked by, what if he retreated back and captured her? So where could she go? Knew I should've sprung for a decent basement. That's what I get for impulse buying...

"No..of-of course nothing's wrong..."
    She paused shifting her eyes to the side with a pained glower. She then glanced back at Sandy dropping the glower and sharply sighed. "It seems my magic has not...fully charged up. If only I could get to my tower I could probably cook up a restorative." She glanced down at the ground and sigh-nickered.

12. - Top - End - #672
    Titan in the Playground

"No..of-of course nothing's wrong..."
    She paused shifting her eyes to the side with a pained glower. She then glanced back at Sandy dropping the glower and sharply sighed. "It seems my magic has not...fully charged up. If only I could get to my tower I could probably cook up a restorative." She glanced down at the ground and sigh-nickered.
    "Tower's probably your best bet. It seemed safe enough from here, just gettin' there's the tricky part." Sandy pondered, trying to keep his impatience from showing. If only he wasn't so small and Simmer not in town already, he could've offered to carry her there. Wait; if he couldn't carry her, then maybe somepony else could, in a manner of speaking. "Can you get in touch with somepony who can teleport you over there?"

13. - Top - End - #673
    Troll in the Playground

"Tower's probably your best bet. It seemed safe enough from here, just gettin' there's the tricky part." Sandy pondered, trying to keep his impatience from showing. If only he wasn't so small and Simmer not in town already, he could've offered to carry her there. Wait; if he couldn't carry her, then maybe somepony else could, in a manner of speaking. "Can you get in touch with somepony who can teleport you over there?"

There were only four ponies she knew with magic high enough to teleport, Soft, Smoothie, Grills, and herself. One was currently in her tower as far as she knew. The other two, she winced. She would try Grills first.

"There's my coltfriend Grills, perhaps if we could send a dragon fire letter to him...or something..."
    She cursed wishing she had memorized that spell when she had the chance years ago.

14. - Top - End - #674
    Titan in the Playground

There were only four ponies she knew with magic high enough to teleport, Soft, Smoothie, Grills, and herself. One was currently in her tower as far as she knew. The other two, she winced. She would try Grills first.

"There's my coltfriend Grills, perhaps if we could send a dragon fire letter to him...or something..."
    She cursed wishing she had memorized that spell when she had the chance years ago.
    Sandy bit his lip, thinking hard. If Simmer succeeded, he could be court martialed for what he was about to do. Of course, if Simmer won, they'd have bigger problems to worry about. "...wait right here. I think I can help." He sprinted up the stairs, and moments later, trotted down much, much slower, carrying a glowing bottle. He gingerly set it down on the table and pushed it to Gwyn. "That there is filled with dragon fire, set to go to the princesses. If you think you can re-jigger it to send it to Grills...you can have it."

15. - Top - End - #675
    Troll in the Playground

Sandy bit his lip, thinking hard. If Simmer succeeded, he could be court martialed for what he was about to do. Of course, if Simmer won, they'd have bigger problems to worry about. "...wait right here. I think I can help." He sprinted up the stairs, and moments later, trotted down much, much slower, carrying a glowing bottle. He gingerly set it down on the table and pushed it to Gwyn. "That there is filled with dragon fire, set to go to the princesses. If you think you can re-jigger it to send it to Grills...you can have it."

"I wouldn't even begin to know to make it so that it would go to Grills as opposed to its original intended target,"
    She frowned lowering her ears to her side. She knew nothing on how to deal with dragon fire magic in terms of delivering letters. She sighed feeling a uselessness coming up.

16. - Top - End - #676
    Titan in the Playground

"I wouldn't even begin to know to make it so that it would go to Grills as opposed to its original intended target,"
    She frowned lowering her ears to her side. She knew nothing on how to deal with dragon fire magic in terms of delivering letters. She sighed feeling a uselessness coming up.
    Sandy internally breathed a sigh of relief. That was his last bottle, and given the circumstances, he could probably think of other uses for it. However, this still left him with the problem of a pony in his house who simply couldn't stay in his house. "What about a signal? That tower's pretty tall, I bet you could spot the beach from there."
    Last edited by TheAmishPirate; 2012-02-16 at 09:11 PM.

17. - Top - End - #677
    Troll in the Playground

Sandy internally breathed a sigh of relief. That was his last bottle, and given the circumstances, he could probably think of other uses for it. However, this still left him with the problem of a pony in his house who simply couldn't stay in his house. "What about a signal? That tower's pretty tall, I bet you could spot the beach from there."

"A signal?...."
    She remained silent for a while with her eyes closed, an unpleasant expression on her face. "You know what....I'm just going risk it and walk through the Blight Weald. I've been in your mane long enough." She glanced away with a grim smirk. "If I'm lucky perhaps a beast will gobble me up...." She paused and opened her eyes wide. "Uh...that was supposed be said in my head...disregard that."

18. - Top - End - #678
    Titan in the Playground

"A signal?...."
    She remained silent for a while with her eyes closed, an unpleasant expression on her face. "You know what....I'm just going risk it and walk through the Blight Weald. I've been in your mane long enough." She glanced away with a grim smirk. "If I'm lucky perhaps a beast will gobble me up...." She paused and opened her eyes wide. "Uh...that was supposed be said in my head...disregard that."
    Sandy stared wide-eyed, taken aback by her sudden mood shift. Or rather, her return to her previous mood. Disregarding wasn't exactly an option; she may as well just wait here for Simmer to show up. "Miss Gwyn..." he said with a frown, "...I'd rather you didn't chuck yourself at a monster. And somethin' tells me Grills wouldn't be too keen on that either."
    Last edited by TheAmishPirate; 2012-02-16 at 10:35 PM.

19. - Top - End - #679
    Troll in the Playground

Sandy stared wide-eyed, taken aback by her sudden mood shift. Or rather, her return to her previous mood. Disregarding wasn't exactly an option; she may as well just wait here for Simmer to show up. "Gwyn..." he said with a frown, "...I'd rather you didn't chuck yourself at a monster. And somethin' tells me Grills wouldn't be too keen on that either."

"I know...I'm just...frustrated with my...uselessness...with myself,"
    She said looking away with her brows furrowed. She seemed at the moment a sort of 'quiet' angry, her body permanently tense throughout this whole scene. A pony who just needed release.

20. - Top - End - #680
    Titan in the Playground

"I know...I'm just...frustrated with my...uselessness...with myself,"
    She said looking away with her brows furrowed. She seemed at the moment a sort of 'quiet' angry, her body permanently tense throughout this whole scene. A pony who just needed release.
    A growing part of Sandy told him he didn't have time to give emotional support to this mare, that he should just lock her in the safest room he had and be on his way. The other parts of him then ganged up on that first part and hugged it into submission. He was responsible for everypony in this town; this pony included.

He nudged a thick, soft cushion her way. "Here. You might want to use that. I've found a good pillow-yell can do a pony a heap of good in times like this. I'll be right back." So as to not make this more awkward, he trotted upstairs to fetch a few things. That signal idea was their best bet, and if magic couldn't do it...well then they'd just have to improvise.

21. - Top - End - #681
    Troll in the Playground

A growing part of Sandy told him he didn't have time to give emotional support to this mare, that he should just lock her in the safest room he had and be on his way. The other parts of him then ganged up on that first part and hugged it into submission. He was responsible for everypony in this town; this pony included.

He nudged a thick, soft cushion her way. "Here. You might want to use that. I've found a good pillow-yell can do a pony a heap of good in times like this. I'll be right back." So as to not make this more awkward, he trotted upstairs to fetch a few things. That signal idea was their best bet, and if magic couldn't do it...well then they'd just have to improvise.
    She stared at the pillow with sad furrowed brows and then watched Sandy go upstairs. Then a thought came to her as she slowly edged her way to the door. When she was in the clear she made a dash for it, fumbling with the door handle a little, she made it outside with a quick shut-slam of the door she cringed at, for there was no way that little pegasus wouldn't hear it.

But there was no time to think about that as she cleared forty feet away from the house and beach and towards the woods. She looked back at the house. She frowned and shook her head mouthing a word of apology and continued on. This was her problem and she didn't want to continue to burden the stallion as that was how she saw it.

22. - Top - End - #682
    Titan in the Playground

She stared at the pillow with sad furrowed brows and then watched Sandy go upstairs. Then a thought came to her as she slowly edged her way to the door. When she was in the clear she made a dash for it, fumbling with the door handle a little, she made it outside with a quick shut-slam of the door she cringed at, for there was no way that little pegasus wouldn't hear it.

But there was no time to think about that as she cleared forty feet away from the house and beach and towards the woods. She looked back at the house. She frowned and shook her head mouthing a word of apology and continued on. This was her problem and she didn't want to continue to burden the stallion as that was how she saw it.
    Sandy was just grabbing a little mirror when he heard the door slam. "Gwyn?" he called out. No response. He flapped to the window, and his fears were confirmed as he saw the plum pony gallop off into the woods. "Gwyn!" he shouted, not that she could hear him. He flew down the stairs, all but bucked the door open, and would've galloped after her if he didn't trip on one of Simmer's hoofprints and fall.

Picking himself up, he chanced a glance towards town. Judging by flashes of light, Simmer had already started attacking. Or the townsponies were fighting back. Either way, he needed to be there five minutes ago. But then he looked into the forest, seeing Gwyn's small hoofprints leading into the deep, snarling undergrowth. If he went to town now, he'd stand a chance at stopping Simmer. If he went to the forest now, he'd stand a good chance of keeping Gwyn, a pony in his charge, safe. And he didn't have the luxury of knowing if he could do both.

He did, however, have the luxury of knowing which failure he couldn't live with.

With a groan of frustration, he took off flying into the woods, scanning the undergrowth for any signs of the plum pony and occasionally calling out her name.

(To the Gwyn's tower thread?)

23. - Top - End - #683
    Ogre in the Playground

ElfRangerGuy

Grills

And this is where he teleported to. The public library sounded like the perfect place to rest and study up on how to defeat a legendary nightmare. He knocked on the library doors. "Smoothie? Are you here?"
    Gitp's No. 1 Cake hater
    On Vacation until Aug 7th.
    Spell currently researching: Explosive Pie.
    Weapon currently crafting: +1 cakebane kris

24. - Top - End - #684
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Orzel View Post
    Grills

And this is where he teleported to. The public library sounded like the perfect place to rest and study up on how to defeat a legendary nightmare. He knocked on the library doors. "Smoothie? Are you here?"
    Smoothie answered her summons.

"Yes Grills? What do you need?" she asks him. "...Sorry about Disappointing Chily by the way."

25. - Top - End - #685
    Ogre in the Playground

ElfRangerGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Soft Serve View Post
    Smoothie answered her summons.

"Yes Grills? What do you need?" she asks him. "...Sorry about Disappointing Chily by the way."
    "It's okay. She's always doing something embarassing." Grills whispered before trotting inside. He looked around for a second and contemplated searching through books. "Kinda wished your sister was around. Kinda have a question for her. But I have one for you though?. Did you ever pass by a weakness for Simmer during your readings o these various books?"
    Gitp's No. 1 Cake hater

26. - Top - End - #686
    Titan in the Playground

"It's okay. She's always doing something embarassing." Grills whispered before trotting inside. He looked around for a second and contemplated searching through books. "Kinda wished your sister was around. Kinda have a question for her. But I have one for you though?. Did you ever pass by a weakness for Simmer during your readings o these various books?"
    "Well, there are a couple of things you might be able to use, but the only real weakness in the context I'm sure you're using it in is a slight vulnerability to lightning due to what his armor is made out of." she says to him. "If you're going to fight him, it'd probably be good for me to come with you. I might be able to learn something else, and if he has any victims I'll be able to help them while you momentarily distract him with your heroics." Smoothie says. She doesn't want to come along, but what Smoothie wants and what the right thing to do is tend to not coincide very often.

27. - Top - End - #687
    Ogre in the Playground

ElfRangerGuy

"Well, there are a couple of things you might be able to use, but the only real weakness in the context I'm sure you're using it in is a slight vulnerability to lightning due to what his armor is made out of." she says to him. "If you're going to fight him, it'd probably be good for me to come with you. I might be able to learn something else, and if he has any victims I'll be able to help them while you momentarily distract him with your heroics." Smoothie says. She doesn't want to come along, but what Smoothie wants and what the right thing to do is tend to not coincide very often.
    Grills didsn't want to do it either but he felt he must. "Fire damage is my forte but I know how to convert it into electric breath. I'll draw he fire while you handle the other aspects of the situation. Once all the wounded are saved we can decide if victory is possible."
    Gitp's No. 1 Cake hater

28. - Top - End - #688
    Titan in the Playground

Grills didsn't want to do it either but he felt he must. "Fire damage is my forte but I know how to convert it into electric breath. I'll draw he fire while you handle the other aspects of the situation. Once all the wounded are saved we can decide if victory is possible."
    "Alright" Smoothie uses a camouflage spell on herself. She blends in, but it's not complete invisibility. "Lasts longer, and I should still be mostly invisible. Ready when you are."

29. - Top - End - #689
    Ogre in the Playground

ElfRangerGuy

"Alright" Smoothie uses a camouflage spell on herself. She blends in, but it's not complete invisibility. "Lasts longer, and I should still be mostly invisible. Ready when you are."
    Grills drew a magical circle around the front of his face. He then scribed two symbols around it; one a zigzaged line, the other a similar to a flame. The symbols swirled around the circle and merged near the center. "Ready." he said before teleporting away.
    Gitp's No. 1 Cake hater

30. - Top - End - #690
    Ettin in the Playground

*Cast Resurrection on thread!*

Icy dragged the hapless Sandy through the library door, along with the levitating stack of notes she had written previously. She appeared to be too self-absorbed to pay any attention to Sandy's feeble protestations.