New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 24 of 50 FirstFirst ... 14151617181920212223242526272829303132333449 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #691
    Dwarf in the Playground

Default Re: [MLP:Fim] Bridle Shores Bar/Downtown thread 2

Quote Originally Posted by Grif View Post
    Icy dragged the hapless Sandy through the library door, along with the levitating stack of notes she had written previously. She appeared to be too self-absorbed to pay any attention to Sandy's feeble protestations.
    As she pased, a tiny pink unicorn looked up from the book she was not being interested in.

"Huh? What's- Oh!" She flung the uninteresting book away and darted in front of Icy. "I see! An innocent in distress! I demand-"

"Flower Tail, this is a library!" hissed Winterflap.

"Oh, right." Flower Tail lowered her voice to a whisper. "I demand you release him, or face my might in magic."
    When in doubt, use cute little dragons.

Game and roleplaying stuff.

The data is 1's and 0's. Life is the jazz. (Previous avatars)

2. - Top - End - #692
    Titan in the Playground

The poor pegasus feebly dragged his hooves as Icy dragged him into the library. His wings had tired out halfway through the trip; even with his usual workout routine, he always lost steam at around the second kidnapping.

"...and what if little old ladies need help crossin' the street? I can help folks across streets as good as anypony. Hay, I could be directin' traffic from the skies, I didn't see anypony doin' that..."

Amazingly, he was still thinking of more jobs he could be doing, and showing no signs of stopping. A pity his words fell on deaf ears; there were likely some good suggestions in there. He looked despairingly at his foal rescuers. "Can you tell her we'll help science tomorrow? There's ponies what need help right now..."
    I'm developing a game. Let's see what happens! Complex.

3. - Top - End - #693
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by PurityIcekiller View Post
    As she pased, a tiny pink unicorn looked up from the book she was not being interested in.

"Huh? What's- Oh!" She flung the uninteresting book away and darted in front of Icy. "I see! An innocent in distress! I demand-"

"Flower Tail, this is a library!" hissed Winterflap.

"Oh, right." Flower Tail lowered her voice to a whisper. "I demand you release him, or face my might in magic."
    Icy merely peered at Flower Tail through her notes, before gently sliding her to one side. "Nonsense, he's hardly an innocent. He's a willing participant in the interest of science!"

Quote Originally Posted by TheAmishPirate View Post
    The poor pegasus feebly dragged his hooves as Icy dragged him into the library. His wings had tired out halfway through the trip; even with his usual workout routine, he always lost steam at around the second kidnapping.

"...and what if little old ladies need help crossin' the street? I can help folks across streets as good as anypony. Hay, I could be directin' traffic from the skies, I didn't see anypony doin' that..."

Amazingly, he was still thinking of more jobs he could be doing, and showing no signs of stopping. A pity his words fell on deaf ears; there were likely some good suggestions in there. He looked despairingly at his foal rescuers. "Can you tell her we'll help science tomorrow? There's ponies what need help right now..."
    "And you could help ponies all over Equestria if we discovered what magic that had affected you. Imagine! Regrowing lost wings. Getting others to try other forms for once. The possibility are endless!"

4. - Top - End - #694
    Dwarf in the Playground

Icy merely peered at Flower Tail through her notes, before gently sliding her to one side. "Nonsense, he's hardly an innocent. He's a willing participant in the interest of science!"
    Flower Tail responded to being pushed aside with a rather indignant look. "He doesn't seem too willing," she remarked. "Of course, maybe he's just happy about it and he looks desperate when he gets happy enough."

"Really? Where? And what kind of help? Do you think I could help them?"

That seemed to have backfired a bit.

5. - Top - End - #695
    Titan in the Playground

"And you could help ponies all over Equestria if we discovered what magic that had affected you. Imagine! Regrowing lost wings. Getting others to try other forms for once. The possibility are endless!"
    That...actually sounded pretty tempting. But with how erratic and powerful the sandwich magic had been, could they really get results like that? Sandy briefly stopped struggling as he pondered. "Couldn't...couldn't we do both? Help the townsfolk now, then everypony in Equestria tomorrow? Maybe?"

"Really? Where? And what kind of help? Do you think I could help them?"

That seemed to have backfired a bit.
    Sandy motioned outside, too exhausted to explain in full. "Just look outside; everypony's helpin' to rebuild and settle back down." Odd that she wouldn't think of that, what with her being at the center of all this Simmer business when it ended, but he kept his comments to himself.

At least, until the magic spoke up for him. "I believe they can make use of any able-bodied pony who volunteers. Although the town sustained little damage by my estimates, there is much to be done to get all the ponies back into their homes." And with that little outburst, he flopped onto the floor, completely out of breath and worn out.

6. - Top - End - #696
    Ettin in the Playground

That...actually sounded pretty tempting. But with how erratic and powerful the sandwich magic had been, could they really get results like that? Sandy briefly stopped struggling as he pondered. "Couldn't...couldn't we do both? Help the townsfolk now, then everypony in Equestria tomorrow? Maybe?"
    Again, Icy waved away his concerns. "They can handle themselves. What we have here might make history!"

Sandy motioned outside, too exhausted to explain in full. "Just look outside; everypony's helpin' to rebuild and settle back down." Odd that she wouldn't think of that, what with her being at the center of all this Simmer business when it ended, but he kept his comments to himself.

At least, until the magic spoke up for him. "I believe they can make use of any able-bodied pony who volunteers. Although the town sustained little damage by my estimates, there is much to be done to get all the ponies back into their homes." And with that little outburst, he flopped onto the floor, completely out of breath and worn out.
    Icy blinked, and poked Sandy in the wing. "You do look exhausted. Have you been resting and eating well? If not, I must insist! Scientific progress cannot be made on an empty stomach."

7. - Top - End - #697
    Dwarf in the Playground

"Eh. Boring."

Unusually, it was Winterflap that looked interested, although she stayed silent.

Icy blinked, and poked Sandy in the wing. "You do look exhausted. Have you been resting and eating well? If not, I must insist! Scientific progress cannot be made on an empty stomach."
    "...Yes, that's right! So he'll need to get a bit of rest and food before you can experiment on him." Flower Tail gave Sandy a clearly-not-thorough examination. "Yep, he's really worn out. He'll need a few hours before science is done on him, at least. Maybe even a day!"

8. - Top - End - #698
    Titan in the Playground

"Eh. Boring."

Unusually, it was Winterflap that looked interested, although she stayed silent.
    Again, Icy waved away his concerns. "They can handle themselves. What we have here might make history!"
    Sandy shot the two of them a dirty look. Dirty by his standards, at least. Which meant he just looked at them with mild disappointment.

"...Yes, that's right! So he'll need to get a bit of rest and food before you can experiment on him." Flower Tail gave Sandy a clearly-not-thorough examination. "Yep, he's really worn out. He'll need a few hours before science is done on him, at least. Maybe even a day!"
    Sandy almost waved her off, then stopped mid-gesture. "Right....wait, no, I mean, not really, I mean, I can still help but maybe not with science, that sounds like it'd take a lot of-"

His complicated explanation was cut short by a loud gurgling from his stomach. To add insult to embarrassment, the magic forced him to pipe up and clarify; "No, I have not eaten all day and I received approximately three hours of sleep last night, in addition to strenuous activity today." He plopped his head on the floor, too fed up to even try arguing anymore. Might as well add another screw-up to this pile of manure that was this day.
    Last edited by TheAmishPirate; 2012-04-09 at 02:42 PM.

9. - Top - End - #699
    Ettin in the Playground

Sandy shot the two of them a dirty look. Dirty by his standards, at least. Which meant he just looked at them with mild disappointment.

Sandy almost waved her off, then stopped mid-gesture. "Right....wait, no, I mean, not really, I mean, I can still help but maybe not with science, that sounds like it'd take a lot of-"

His complicated explanation was cut short by a loud gurgling from his stomach. To add insult to embarrassment, the magic forced him to pipe up and clarify; "No, I have not eaten all day and I received approximately three hours of sleep last night, in addition to strenuous activity today." He plopped his head on the floor, too fed up to even try arguing anymore. Might as well add another screw-up to this pile of manure that was this day.
    Icy frowned. "Good grief. This will not do. Stay here, I'll get some proper food into you. I assume you two can help tuck Mr. Shores here to bed while I'm away."

10. - Top - End - #700
    Titan in the Playground

Icy frowned. "Good grief. This will not do. Stay here, I'll get some proper food into you. I assume you two can help tuck Mr. Shores here to bed while I'm away."
    Sandy groaned and struggled to get back to his hooves. "No, no, I'm fine. I don't need any of that, I can-oof!" His shaky knees couldn't take any more, and he plopped down onto the floor. "That...that doesn't prove anything..." he muttered weakly. All that fighting to escape had been the final straw; he was spent.

11. - Top - End - #701
    Dwarf in the Playground

At the time, Flower Tail had thought she was lying, so she took a moment to regain her composure. "Oh, yes, that's not very easy for you, is it. Just as I figured all along. Because I knew that you were really tired. Yes."

"Got it. But we need a bed."

Sandy groaned and struggled to get back to his hooves. "No, no, I'm fine. I don't need any of that, I can-oof!" His shaky knees couldn't take any more, and he plopped down onto the floor. "That...that doesn't prove anything..." he muttered weakly. All that fighting to escape had been the final straw; he was spent.
    Winterflap shook her head. "Oh, it's all right. You can rest. It doesn't mean you're weak or unhelpful or anything. Everypony needs rest every now and then, and you've been through a hard time..."

12. - Top - End - #702
    Ettin in the Playground

At the time, Flower Tail had thought she was lying, so she took a moment to regain her composure. "Oh, yes, that's not very easy for you, is it. Just as I figured all along. Because I knew that you were really tired. Yes."

"Got it. But we need a bed."

Winterflap shook her head. "Oh, it's all right. You can rest. It doesn't mean you're weak or unhelpful or anything. Everypony needs rest every now and then, and you've been through a hard time..."
    Icy tsk-ed tsk-ed as Sandy collapsed on the floor. "This will not do. You will be fed and rested before we commence on our experiments. Stay here." With that, she disappeared out the door again, presumably in search of food. She nodded at Winterflap. "There should be a spare mattress in the basement. See if you can find it."

She would reappear later with a basket full of hay, bread and other foodstuff that she acquired from a nearby grocery store.
    Last edited by Grif; 2012-04-10 at 08:21 AM.

13. - Top - End - #703
    Titan in the Playground

Sandy didn't really respond to the obviously fibbing filly. Winterflap's words just made the failure taste all the more bitter. His ears drooped down in defeat and he stopped struggling to get up. "There's folks what need help more than I need a rest..." he muttered in response.

Icy tsk-ed tsk-ed as Sandy collapsed on the floor. "This will not do. You will be fed and rested before we commence on our experiments. Stay here." With that, she disappeared out the door again, presumably in search of food.
    Not like I'm going anywhere... Sandy angsted to himself. Food really did sound good, but he wasn't going to be selfish and admit it, not when he had work he should've been doing.

(Grif, I think you missed a bit in Purity's post. Winterflap asked where they could find a bed.)

14. - Top - End - #704
    Dwarf in the Playground

Sandy didn't really respond to the obviously fibbing filly. Winterflap's words just made the failure taste all the more bitter. His ears drooped down in defeat and he stopped struggling to get up. "There's folks what need help more than I need a rest..." he muttered in response.

Not like I'm going anywhere... Sandy angsted to himself. Food really did sound good, but he wasn't going to be selfish and admit it, not when he had work he should've been doing.
    "Oh, don't give me that." Flower Tail sighed. "They say selfishness is a problem, but your problem is the exact opposite! You're so concerned about these other ponies' problems, you don't even care about yourself! And it's not even like you'll be able to help once your legs have fallen off from working so much! Now stop being noble and worrying about helping others so we can help you!"

Icy tsk-ed tsk-ed as Sandy collapsed on the floor. "This will not do. You will be fed and rested before we commence on our experiments. Stay here." With that, she disappeared out the door again, presumably in search of food. She nodded at Winterflap. "There should be a spare mattress in the basement. See if you can find it."

She would reappear later with a basket full of hay, bread and other foodstuff that she acquired from a nearby grocery store.
    "Aye-aye." Winterflap flew down, and spent quite a while dragging the mattress up.

15. - Top - End - #705
    Titan in the Playground

"Oh, don't give me that." Flower Tail sighed. "They say selfishness is a problem, but your problem is the exact opposite! You're so concerned about these other ponies' problems, you don't even care about yourself! And it's not even like you'll be able to help once your legs have fallen off from working so much! Now stop being noble and worrying about helping others so we can help you!"
    Ouch. Called out by a foal equally legitimate member of pony society. That stung right in the pride. Sandy didn't rise to the challenge, as usual. He just took the verbal thrashing, glancing away from Flower Tail. "I'm supposed t'care about these ponies; I can worry about myself once they're alright."

16. - Top - End - #706
    Ettin in the Playground

Ouch. Called out by a foal equally legitimate member of pony society. That stung right in the pride. Sandy didn't rise to the challenge, as usual. He just took the verbal thrashing, glancing away from Flower Tail. "I'm supposed t'care about these ponies; I can worry about myself once they're alright."
    "Well, you're now ordered to worry about yourself," Icy said, joining in on the party. She laid the foodstuff in front of Sandy, letting the aroma of freshly baked bread, hay and other baked goods waft through his nose. "My treat."

17. - Top - End - #707
    Titan in the Playground

"Well, you're now ordered to worry about yourself," Icy said, joining in on the party. She laid the foodstuff in front of Sandy, letting the aroma of freshly baked bread, hay and other baked goods waft through his nose. "My treat."
    Low blow, Miss Icy. Low blow.

Sandy gulped and licked his lips, not taking his widening eyes off the delicious breads. The food was right there, he wouldn't even need to reach all that far, and it all smelled so tasty and all he'd had was that cocoa late last night...You know, maybe she's right. Can't do much on an empty stomach anyhow. That settled it; he reached for the nearest loaf of bread and tore into it with gusto. The stallion would continue to quickly eat his fill over the next couple of minutes.

18. - Top - End - #708
    Troll in the Playground

Sheesh, Gear, such a party-pooper. Sliverpine's eyes widened as he suddenly remembered what the whole deal was about. "Ohmygosh, we totally forgot about Sandy!" He rolled off the xanadu mare and dragged her along. "C'mon! To the library!"
    That party pooper Gear indeed.

So the pair would eventually reach the library on the outskirts of town, on a mission.

--

Fox Trot on the other hoof, could be assumed to have reached the library at this point with Night Jewel.

19. - Top - End - #709
    Ettin in the Playground

Low blow, Miss Icy. Low blow.

Sandy gulped and licked his lips, not taking his widening eyes off the delicious breads. The food was right there, he wouldn't even need to reach all that far, and it all smelled so tasty and all he'd had was that cocoa late last night...You know, maybe she's right. Can't do much on an empty stomach anyhow. That settled it; he reached for the nearest loaf of bread and tore into it with gusto. The stallion would continue to quickly eat his fill over the next couple of minutes.
    Icy chuckled and let him eat his fill, as she set the mattress Winterflap had brought up next to him. "Thank you," she whispered at the two foals, before returning to Sandy with a smile. "Had enough?"

(Waiting for Night Jewel before having Sliverpine and co. barge in.)

20. - Top - End - #710
    Titan in the Playground

Icy chuckled and let him eat his fill, as she set the mattress Winterflap had brought up next to him. "Thank you," she whispered at the two foals, before returning to Sandy with a smile. "Had enough?"

(Waiting for Night Jewel before having Sliverpine and co. barge in.)
    With some food in his belly, Sandy had managed to sit himself up on his haunches. Icy's question was forced to wait on account of a particularly savory mouthful of hay. "Yep. Thanks for the lunch, Miss Icy, I really appreciate it." He patted his swollen stomach, before returning to a serious expression. "Anyhow, that was a nice rest for a bite of grub, but now I really ought to get goin'. Thanks again, and I'll stop by for science once cleanup's done." He made to try and get up, ignoring the fluffy mattress right next to him.

21. - Top - End - #711
    Dwarf in the Playground

"Oh, it's no problem... Icy, is it? That gives me an idea! ...But that doesn't matter right now, does it." Winterflap shook her head. "Well, I'm happy to help."

With some food in his belly, Sandy had managed to sit himself up on his haunches. Icy's question was forced to wait on account of a particularly savory mouthful of hay. "Yep. Thanks for the lunch, Miss Icy, I really appreciate it." He patted his swollen stomach, before returning to a serious expression. "Anyhow, that was a nice rest for a bite of grub, but now I really ought to get goin'. Thanks again, and I'll stop by for science once cleanup's done." He made to try and get up, ignoring the fluffy mattress right next to him.
    Flower Tail sighed. "Look, I'll handle the clean-up so you don't need to. Now don't push yourself and just get that rest you need..."

This was when Night Jewel and Sliverpine arrived.

"There you are, Sandy! Still getting ponies half your size trying to assert themselves over you, I see. Well, at least you're less captured than you were when I last saw you. Keep getting out of this and you'll make a decent rat."

22. - Top - End - #712
    Troll in the Playground

Correction, Night Jewel and Fox Trot

Silverpine and Gearstride are probably 15 minutes behind, ya know, too busy making out and stuff in the bushes.

Fox trot-Library

The poor mocha stallion who was recently interrogated walked into the library confused, but confusion was nothing new for him.

"What's going on here?.....Icy....what are you doing?"
    He asked confusedly.

23. - Top - End - #713
    Ettin in the Playground

Icy coughed, and nudged Sandy down on his haunches again. She gestured firmly at the mattress with a stern expression. "No going anywhere till we get that rest we discussed."

"Oh, it's no problem... Icy, is it? That gives me an idea! ...But that doesn't matter right now, does it." Winterflap shook her head. "Well, I'm happy to help."

Flower Tail sighed. "Look, I'll handle the clean-up so you don't need to. Now don't push yourself and just get that rest you need..."

This was when Night Jewel and SliverpineFox Trot arrived.

"There you are, Sandy! Still getting ponies half your size trying to assert themselves over you, I see. Well, at least you're less captured than you were when I last saw you. Keep getting out of this and you'll make a decent rat."

Quote Originally Posted by Benson View Post
    Correction, Night Jewel and Fox Trot

Silverpine and Gearstride are probably 15 minutes behind, ya know, too busy making out and stuff in the bushes.

Fox trot-Library

The poor mocha stallion who was recently interrogated walked into the library confused, but confusion was nothing new for him.

"What's going on here?.....Icy....what are you doing?"
    He asked confusedly.
    Icy's eyes widened in panic as she was reminded of what they was supposed to do in the Civic Center. Oh and she had left Fox behind. Oh dear, there might be hell to pay. "Uh... hey Fox... I just found this most interesting discovery. Did you know Sandy transformed into a unicorn and he..." And so Icy slipped back into Science!Icy after that brief moment of panic.

24. - Top - End - #714
    Troll in the Playground

Icy coughed, and nudged Sandy down on his haunches again. She gestured firmly at the mattress with a stern expression. "No going anywhere till we get that rest we discussed."

Icy's eyes widened in panic as she was reminded of what they was supposed to do in the Civic Center. Oh and she had left Fox behind. Oh dear, there might be hell to pay. "Uh... hey Fox... I just found this most interesting discovery. Did you know Sandy transformed into a unicorn and he..." And so Icy slipped back into Science!Icy after that brief moment of panic.
    He blinked sporting a dumb expression of.....'hauh?' After taking a grasp on what was happening he put two and two together.

"Did you really foal nap this fella'...is that the sandy guy I was interrogated over?" He asked with a pout.

25. - Top - End - #715
    Titan in the Playground

It really didn't take much effort on Icy's part; a little push and he was back down again. The pegasus tried to stand back up, but I imagine Icy wasn't about to let him. "I don't need any rest, not now anyhow. I can sleep when everypony's alright. Hnngh...now if you could just move your hoof there for a little bit..."

This was when Night Jewel and Sliverpine arrived.

Sandy was about to tell Flower Tail that they could just both work on cleanup when company arrived. And things just got more confusing. "Rats? I'm already a pegasus, why'd I want to be a rat?" He blinked a moment, then shook his head. "Wait, captured..?"

He blinked sporting a dumb expression of.....'hauh?' After taking a grasp on what was happening he put two and two together.

"Did you really foal nap this fella'...is that the sandy guy I was interrogated over?" He asked with a pout.
    "Wait...interrogate? Did Gear and Silvepine-wait, Foalnap?! I haven't been...at least I don't think..." Sandy clutched his poor, confused head in his hooves. "What's going on...and, um, don't I get to have a say in this somewhere?"

26. - Top - End - #716
    Dwarf in the Playground

"Yes to both," replied Night Jewel cheerfully.

It really didn't take much effort on Icy's part; a little push and he was back down again. The pegasus tried to stand back up, but I imagine Icy wasn't about to let him. "I don't need any rest, not now anyhow. I can sleep when everypony's alright. Hnngh...now if you could just move your hoof there for a little bit..."
    "So what, you won't rest until you're all right? You don't look too 'all right' to me."

Quote Originally Posted by TheAmishPirate
    Sandy was about to tell Flower Tail that they could just both work on cleanup when company arrived. And things just got more confusing. "Rats? I'm already a pegasus, why'd I want to be a rat?" He blinked a moment, then shook his head. "Wait, captured..?"
    "Tsk, tsk. When will somepony grasp the concept of a metaphorical rat? And from what I've heard, you'll probably get turned into one sooner or later."

Quote Originally Posted by TheAmishPirate
    "Wait...interrogate? Did Gear and Silvepine-wait, Foalnap?! I haven't been...at least I don't think..." Sandy clutched his poor, confused head in his hooves. "What's going on...and, um, don't I get to have a say in this somewhere?"
    "You sort of were. Technically, that is. You aren't any more, though."

27. - Top - End - #717
    Ettin in the Playground

Icy gave his words some thought, though it was clear she was not thinking of the implications. She sometimes had a one track mind like that. "Well, technically it's not foal-napping since Sandy is a grown stallion on all and he is—"

Icy waved Sandy away. "You're here in the name of science and you will take that required nap."

"Yes to both," replied Night Jewel cheerfully.

"So what, you won't rest until you're all right? You don't look too 'all right' to me."

"Tsk, tsk. When will somepony grasp the concept of a metaphorical rat? And from what I've heard, you'll probably get turned into one sooner or later."

"You sort of were. Technically, that is. You aren't any more, though."
    "Well, I hardly think a foalnapping villain would help feed his victims and all, no?"

28. - Top - End - #718
    Troll in the Playground

Fox Trot-Library

"I'm now traumatized, I'll never be able to appreciate feathers again,"
    He said now useless. He fell to his haunches. "The bubble pipe....it appeared out of nowhere."

29. - Top - End - #719
    Ettin in the Playground

Fox Trot-Library

"I'm now traumatized, I'll never be able to appreciate feathers again,"
    He said now useless. He fell to his haunches. "The bubble pipe....it appeared out of nowhere."
    "Huh? Bubble pipe?" Icy said, blinking. She went over and covered Fox in a tight hug. "Why are you traumatized?"

30. - Top - End - #720
    Troll in the Playground

"Huh? Bubble pipe?" Icy said, blinking. She went over and covered Fox in a tight hug. "Why are you traumatized?"

"I was being tickled as per my interrogation...with a feather,"
    He swoon-fainted in her tight hold.