New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 27 of 50 FirstFirst ... 2171819202122232425262728293031323334353637 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #781
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: [MLP:Fim] Bridle Shores Bar/Downtown thread 2

Quote Originally Posted by Benson View Post
    Their last encounter was earlier today in the morning, so previous past encounter would have been more appropriate here. Gwyn opened her mouth to state such fact but then opted against it. She shook her head and sighed.

"Right...over the line,"
    Yea sure, Gwynfillion didn't think so, fu, twas like comparing a tornado to a cool gust. "Anyhoof, I'm here, speak."
    "I just....well...you seem like a very nice pony deep down. Plus, I know you're not very sociable, but you strike me as a pony who could help me be a little more sociable, and be able to accurately teach me about some things more normal ponies are interested in such as fashion. I just...I've never been good at socializing. Being unable to have any actual friends my entire life besides Soft Serve and Floppy Disk didn't exactly help matters much." she says. At this point, she doesn't consider the foal patrol actual friends. She's still too paranoid about them betraying/abandoning her. "If you want nothing to do with me ever again, I completely understand. I just feel like I should give it a shot." she says.

2. - Top - End - #782
    Troll in the Playground

"Really? You're considering me as a teacher for helping you learn how to be social?...I don't even know what to say to that,"
    Gwynfillion rubbed the back of her neck in disbelief of the question in hand.

3. - Top - End - #783
    Titan in the Playground

"Really? You're considering me as a teacher for helping you learn how to be social?...I don't even know what to say to that,"
    Gwynfillion rubbed the back of her neck in disbelief of the question in hand.
    "Not so much social as just...well, more normal?" she says. Have Soft Serve be one of only two friends you have for thirteen years and see how you end up.

4. - Top - End - #784
    Ettin in the Playground

"Soft....silky soft,"
    She bit down on her bottom lip, smirking and nodding approvingly coming off as a lech. She made the motion of her hoof patting a bottom.

Fox opened his eyes wide and upset, and held Icy possessively, his nostrils flared.
    Quote Originally Posted by TheAmishPirate View Post
    Well Gear wasn't exactly helping much, even though he hadn't thought a single nasty thought. Sandy tried his hardest to glance away from the teasing mare and the angry mage. "I-I wasn't! I'm not! Not thinkin' a-anything about your f-oh horseapples..." He winced, expecting imminent pain.

"R-r-right." Sandy tried to slink away towards the mattress, before Icy froze him on the spot.
    Icy narrowed her eyes to mere silts, debating very seriously in her mind whether to abuse her magic or not. Fortunately, pride made her consider otherwise. She would not lower herself to her level. Icy turned her snout up and stood up, making her way towards the door."I think we heard enough." She glanced at Sandy. "I will see you tomorrow then." she said rather coldly, which might be mistakenly interpreted as something more sinister, though Icy meant no such ill will. She gestured at Fox to follow her.

Quote Originally Posted by PurityIcekiller View Post
    "They were my age, for a time. Anyway," Night Jewel gestured to Flower Tail, "my other peers aren't the best influences either, so I might as well learn more from the bigger ponies."

"Hey, was that an insult?"

"I might be. I haven't been able to keep track - what with how I grew up, I don't know if anypony knows my birthday or remembers the first few years of my life. At any rate, I'm more mature mentally than physically."

"Good idea. That's what we were trying to convince you to do earlier. Rest up and get out of this craziness."
    Silverpine was hiding his face with his forehooves at Gearstride's continual social faux pas. Night Jewel's words were somewhat ignored in the process."Gear... please... let's move on to other topics," he hissed.

5. - Top - End - #785
    Troll in the Playground

Inside the library

Quote Originally Posted by Grif View Post
    Icy narrowed her eyes to mere silts, debating very seriously in her mind whether to abuse her magic or not. Fortunately, pride made her consider otherwise. She would not lower herself to her level. Icy turned her snout up and stood up, making her way towards the door."I think we heard enough." She glanced at Sandy. "I will see you tomorrow then." she said rather coldly, which might be mistakenly interpreted as something more sinister, though Icy meant no such ill will. She gestured at Fox to follow her.
    Fox followed Icy like an obedient puppy giving Gear a deathglare on the way out. "I'm sorry sweetie that happened."

Gear just smirked watching them go. "Bet I could still defrost that ice queen even though she hates me right now." She grinned biting down on her bottom lip.

Silverpine was hiding his face with his forehooves at Gearstride's continual social faux pas. Night Jewel's words were somewhat ignored in the process."Gear... please... let's move on to other topics," he hissed.

"Very well babe, though stop acting so shocked and embarrassed, its not a big deal. How about we talk about books? There's loads of them in here, so many subjects, ooh, maybe we could find one on steam engineering, add some sweet add ons to the Clunker,"
    Gear commented casually, wholly unaffected by her social faux pas.
    ------

Outside the Library

Quote Originally Posted by Soft Serve View Post
    "Not so much social as just...well, more normal?" she says. Have Soft Serve be one of only two friends you have for thirteen years and see how you end up.

"Normal...right...because I exude it out my pores,"
    Gwynfillion deadpanned. "Fine."

6. - Top - End - #786
    Titan in the Playground

And misinterpret he did. The color drained from the pegasus' face as he imagined both the numerous methods of retribution that could be enacted via ice cubes, and the possible outcomes of Icy's ominous "science". He gulped audibly and gave a little shaking wave to the departing mage. "S-s-see you then."

Now that he knew ice wasn't going to factor into the next five minutes of his life, Sandy finished his slow trot to the mattress where he promptly collapsed without another word. He deliberately shifted to keep his back to the assembled ponies; they were good sports and all, but a screw-up was a screw-up. And right now he wanted nothing more than to just raise a white flag to this day before he could make it any worse.
    I'm developing a game. Let's see what happens! Complex.

7. - Top - End - #787
    Ogre in the Playground

Heartflight chose that moment to decide to pay a visit to the library. She was still a foal, the age regression spell having never properly worn off. She was laden down with a bunch of books she was returning, but seeing Smoothie in conversation with another pony she decided not to bother her and instead just trot into the library. She stopped as soon as she saw the mess.

"....What did I miss?" she wondered.

((It's up to y'all whether you've seen her since the age regression incident.))
    Quote Originally Posted by TheAmishPirate
    Psychology has nothing to say on the courtship of dragons, but science will surely catch up in time.
    Spoiler: Previous Avatars!
    Show

Kitty Lacuna by Kymme

Spoiler: Characters
    Show

8. - Top - End - #788
    Dwarf in the Playground

And right outside, she was jumped by a little pegasus from the roof.

"Wait! Are you busy? I'd kind of like your help with something. You see, I saw you making ice... You know, when all that stuff was going on inside? And my talent is ice-sculpting, but I can't do it without ice... Is this a good time?"

Gear just smirked watching them go. "Bet I could still defrost that ice queen even though she hates me right now." She grinned biting down on her bottom lip.
    "If she heard that, I'd say your odds just went down," replied Night Jewel, also smirking.

Quote Originally Posted by Grif
    Quote Originally Posted by Benson
    "Very well babe, though stop acting so shocked and embarrassed, its not a big deal. How about we talk about books? There's loads of them in here, so many subjects, ooh, maybe we could find one on steam engineering, add some sweet add ons to the Clunker," Gear commented casually, wholly unaffected by her social faux pas.
    "Books? What would we all want with books? ...Oh, right, I just remembered what I was doing here. I'd better get back to it. I'll see you around." With that, Flower Tail went back to looking for books that might help her magic.

And misinterpret he did. The color drained from the pegasus' face as he imagined both the numerous methods of retribution that could be enacted via ice cubes, and the possible outcomes of Icy's ominous "science". He gulped audibly and gave a little shaking wave to the departing mage. "S-s-see you then."

Now that he knew ice wasn't going to factor into the next five minutes of his life, Sandy finished his slow trot to the mattress where he promptly collapsed without another word. He deliberately shifted to keep his back to the assembled ponies; they were good sports and all, but a screw-up was a screw-up. And right now he wanted nothing more than to just raise a white flag to this day before he could make it any worse.
    "Sleep well. If you need help waking up, I could get a princess to kiss you." Night Jewel laughed. "And don't worry, that was a joke. Enjoy your nap."

Quote Originally Posted by Hawkflight View Post
    Heartflight chose that moment to decide to pay a visit to the library. She was still a foal, the age regression spell having never properly worn off. She was laden down with a bunch of books she was returning, but seeing Smoothie in conversation with another pony she decided not to bother her and instead just trot into the library. She stopped as soon as she saw the mess.

"....What did I miss?" she wondered.
    Night Jewel grinned. "Hi there! Icy dragged Sandy off to use him in experiments, and Gear and Silverpine decided they needed to rescue him, and a fight broke out that was broken up by Sandy getting a backbone for a few minutes, and then Gear made some remarks that got Icy mad again... Well, anyway, we've mostly got it sorted out. How's it been going?"

She then trotted over and whispered, "Thanks for keeping your word, by the way."

((I believe Heartflight was the one Night Jewel was going to tell about her being a thief.))
    When in doubt, use cute little dragons.

Game and roleplaying stuff.

The data is 1's and 0's. Life is the jazz. (Previous avatars)

9. - Top - End - #789
    Ogre in the Playground

Night Jewel grinned. "Hi there! Icy dragged Sandy off to use him in experiments, and Gear and Silverpine decided they needed to rescue him, and a fight broke out that was broken up by Sandy getting a backbone for a few minutes, and then Gear made some remarks that got Icy mad again... Well, anyway, we've mostly got it sorted out. How's it been going?"

She then trotted over and whispered, "Thanks for keeping your word, by the way."
    Heartflight paused for a second to think. "You know ... I could understand me, since that spell never wore off ... but I could have sworn the age regression spell wore off on the others," she said dryly.
    Psychology has nothing to say on the courtship of dragons, but science will surely catch up in time.
    Show

Kitty Lacuna by Kymme

Show

10. - Top - End - #790
    Dwarf in the Playground

Heartflight paused for a second to think. "You know ... I could understand me, since that spell never wore off ... but I could have sworn the age regression spell wore off on the others," she said dryly.
    "It never wore off on me because I never had it!" replied Night Jewel cheerfully. "Some of us can be naturally young, you know. Anyway, why do you think it's still on you?"

11. - Top - End - #791
    Ogre in the Playground

"Um." Heartflight looked over her clearly foal body, which was about as small as the CMCs now. "Because I used to be 22?" she said dryly.
    Show

Kitty Lacuna by Kymme

Show

12. - Top - End - #792
    Ettin in the Playground

Inside the library

Fox followed Icy like an obedient puppy giving Gear a deathglare on the way out. "I'm sorry sweetie that happened."
    And right outside, she was jumped by a little pegasus from the roof.

"Wait! Are you busy? I'd kind of like your help with something. You see, I saw you making ice... You know, when all that stuff was going on inside? And my talent is ice-sculpting, but I can't do it without ice... Is this a good time?"
    Icy was in a bad mood now, but outwardly she showed none of it. She inhaled and exhaled a few times before addressing first Fox, "Fox, don't be apologising for them. It is not your fault." She then turned to Winterflap. "I'm sorry, but I didn't quite catch your name."

"Very well babe, though stop acting so shocked and embarrassed, its not a big deal. How about we talk about books? There's loads of them in here, so many subjects, ooh, maybe we could find one on steam engineering, add some sweet add ons to the Clunker,"
    Gear commented casually, wholly unaffected by her social faux pas.
    "Yes. Let's talk about books. Just not them," Silverpine repeated.

"Sleep well. If you need help waking up, I could get a princess to kiss you." Night Jewel laughed. "And don't worry, that was a joke. Enjoy your nap."

((I believe Heartflight was the one Night Jewel was going to tell about her being a thief.))
    Silverpine waved hello at the newcomer, happy for the distraction. He blinked as he realised Heartflight seemed a little... small. "Are you... wait, why are you still the age of a foal?" Another thought occurred to him. "Uh... maybe you might want to hide from that stuffy ice queen for abit. She might use you for her... science. Or something."

13. - Top - End - #793
    Troll in the Playground

Gear-Inside Library

"That's what I was doing babe.....talkin' about books though it seems something else caught yer attention.....have fun chattin' it up with the age abnormal filly.....I'mma go, do what one does in the library,"
    She winked and clicked her tongue before heading off to explore the library, find stuff on steam tech.
    ----------

Outside library

Fox kept to himself, staying in the background as Icy addressed that foal. He simply observed a plum mare talking to a little filly nearby before his attention went to just staring at nothing and thinking about stuff.
    Last edited by Benson; 2012-04-20 at 09:00 PM.

14. - Top - End - #794
    Ogre in the Playground

Silverpine waved hello at the newcomer, happy for the distraction. He blinked as he realised Heartflight seemed a little... small. "Are you... wait, why are you still the age of a foal?" Another thought occurred to him. "Uh... maybe you might want to hide from that stuffy ice queen for abit. She might use you for her... science. Or something."
    Heartflight seemed to ponder that for a moment. "Science? ....Science is something I can get behind," she said. "Anyways, yeah. Basically, the age regression spell latched onto the permanency effect of another spell, making it permanent. So I'm stuck like this for now, though the doc says I'll be able to grow up normally again." As she spoke, Heartflight conjured a hologram of a DNA strand, which zoomed in on two specific genes, with the two spells labeled and their bonds indicated with solid lines. It looked very sciency indeed.
    Show

Kitty Lacuna by Kymme

Show

15. - Top - End - #795
    Ettin in the Playground

Heartflight seemed to ponder that for a moment. "Science? ....Science is something I can get behind," she said. "Anyways, yeah. Basically, the age regression spell latched onto the permanency effect of another spell, making it permanent. So I'm stuck like this for now, though the doc says I'll be able to grow up normally again." As she spoke, Heartflight conjured a hologram of a DNA strand, which zoomed in on two specific genes, with the two spells labeled and their bonds indicated with solid lines. It looked very sciency indeed.
    (DNA doesn't work that way! )

"Uh... right..." Silverpine said, staring at the hologram with big round eyes. He also called out at Gearstride, "Uh, have fun, Gear."

16. - Top - End - #796
    Dwarf in the Playground

Icy was in a bad mood now, but outwardly she showed none of it. She inhaled and exhaled a few times before addressing first Fox, "Fox, don't be apologising for them. It is not your fault." She then turned to Winterflap. "I'm sorry, but I didn't quite catch your name."
    "Oh, whoops! Sorry! Anyway, I'm Winterflap. If it's not too much trouble, maybe you could make a bit of ice for me to work with every now and then? I know you're probably busy, but... Say, is it safe in there again?" Winterflap showed signs of both excitement and nervousness.

Quote Originally Posted by Grif
    "Yes. Let's talk about books. Just not them," Silverpine repeated.

After waving to Gear, Night Jewel laughed. "So she's now a book? Well, she does have the benefit of being something else to talk about, anyway."

"I see! So I'll get to grow up alongside you! Unless I end up getting an ageing spell, but I don't think you'd like being younger than somepony you're supposed to be older than. And science can be fun, unless you're Sandy." Night Jewel grinned and trotted closer. "Anyway, what have you been up to?"

17. - Top - End - #797
    Titan in the Playground

Sandy muttered something unintelligible, and shifted to face away from where he'd heard her voice. The little pegasus tried to sleep as best as he could in the library with all the other ponies talking, too tired to protest or tell them to keep it down.
    Last edited by TheAmishPirate; 2012-04-21 at 09:39 AM.

18. - Top - End - #798
    Troll in the Playground

Sandy muttered something intelligible, and shifted to face away from where he'd heard her voice. The little pegasus tried to sleep as best as he could in the library with all the other ponies talking, too tired to protest or tell them to keep it down.
    And immediate sleep he wasn't going to get.

Gearstride just seemed to pop out of nowhere, turning around would land him to see her on the mattress laying down and reading a book. "Hey Sandy, did ya know, I could possibly build and attach rockets on the Clunker. Though, given how heavy the Clunker is, I might only be able to get her to hover five feet. But hey, its something."

19. - Top - End - #799
    Titan in the Playground

And immediate sleep he wasn't going to get.

Gearstride just seemed to pop out of nowhere, turning around would land him to see her on the mattress laying down and reading a book. "Hey Sandy, did ya know, I could possibly build and attach rockets on the Clunker. Though, given how heavy the Clunker is, I might only be able to get her to hover five feet. But hey, its something."
    True, but daggumit if he wasn't going to at least try.

"...that's nice...Gear..." he mumbled tiredly, not bothering to roll over to face her. So for now, he didn't realize she was lying right there next to him.

20. - Top - End - #800
    Troll in the Playground

True, but daggumit if he wasn't going to at least try.

"...that's nice...Gear..." he mumbled tiredly, not bothering to roll over to face her. So for now, he didn't realize she was lying right there next to him.
    She put down her book and wanly smiled as she gently prodded the tired stallion. "Hey Sandy...I kinda wanted to personally apologize to you." She glanced away nibbling the inside of her cheek, her eyes focused for a few seconds on Silverpine and those fillies before back to Sandy.

21. - Top - End - #801
    Titan in the Playground

She put down her book and wanly smiled as she gently prodded the tired stallion. "Hey Sandy...I kinda wanted to personally apologize to you." She glanced away nibbling the inside of her cheek, her eyes focused for a few seconds on Silverpine and those fillies before back to Sandy.
    Sandy was still for a moment, before rolling ever so slowly to face her. "Alright...I'm list...en...ing..." His half-closed eyes opened a little wider in surprise when all they could see was her xandau coat lying right next to him. Of the few social situations Sandy had mastered, this was not one of them. "Oh. Uh...you're...right there?" he managed to say awkwardly while trying to oh-so-casually roll onto his back for a little more personal space.

22. - Top - End - #802
    Ettin in the Playground

"Oh, whoops! Sorry! Anyway, I'm Winterflap. If it's not too much trouble, maybe you could make a bit of ice for me to work with every now and then? I know you're probably busy, but... Say, is it safe in there again?" Winterflap showed signs of both excitement and nervousness.
    "Ice?" Icy looked Winterflap up and down. "I suppose I could. There's not much for me to do in the library besides. I hope you're not talking about a massive amount. I don't think there's enough moisture in the air for that."

"Oh and inside? I think you're safe so long you don't run into the green one." Yes, she meant Gear.

23. - Top - End - #803
    Troll in the Playground

Sandy was still for a moment, before rolling ever so slowly to face her. "Alright...I'm list...en...ing..." His half-closed eyes opened a little wider in surprise when all they could see was her xandau coat lying right next to him. Of the few social situations Sandy had mastered, this was not one of them. "Oh. Uh...you're...right there?" he managed to say awkwardly while trying to oh-so-casually roll onto his back for a little more personal space.
    Personal space? A fairy tale.

Gear put a hoof on him sporting a goofy apologetic grin. "Yep, right there, moreso when I'm not wanted around, hahah..ah. Anyhoof, yea, sported a pretty horse apple eatin' behavior, didn't mean 'ta make ya mad or that upset."

24. - Top - End - #804
    Ogre in the Playground

(DNA doesn't work that way! )

"Uh... right..." Silverpine said, staring at the hologram with big round eyes. He also called out at Gearstride, "Uh, have fun, Gear."
    (It's magic, it works as much as I want it to. )

[COLOR="DeepSkyBlue"]"I see! So I'll get to grow up alongside you! Unless I end up getting an ageing spell, but I don't think you'd like being younger than somepony you're supposed to be older than. And science can be fun, unless you're Sandy." Night Jewel grinned and trotted closer. "Anyway, what have you been up to?"
    "Yyyyeah, I've gotten used to that by now," Heart said flatly. "I've been busy getting things squared away with my family, and the school. I was away for the last week, so I missed the whole Simmer thing. What's up with that?"
    Show

Kitty Lacuna by Kymme

Show

25. - Top - End - #805
    Titan in the Playground

Personal space? A fairy tale.

Gear put a hoof on him sporting a goofy apologetic grin. "Yep, right there, moreso when I'm not wanted around, hahah..ah. Anyhoof, yea, sported a pretty horse apple eatin' behavior, didn't mean 'ta make ya mad or that upset."
    Sandy looked a mite uncomfortable with his personal bubble getting popped right and left, especially when he was trying to sleep. But the pegasus still wanly half-smiled and shook his head. "It's...don't worry about it, I shouldn't have gone and blown up at you like that either. Just don't...don't go sluggin' anypony else, alright?" He yawned, tried to get comfortable with those wings underneath him, and started to close his eyes again.
    Last edited by TheAmishPirate; 2012-04-21 at 07:34 PM.

26. - Top - End - #806
    Dwarf in the Playground

"Ice?" Icy looked Winterflap up and down. "I suppose I could. There's not much for me to do in the library besides. I hope you're not talking about a massive amount. I don't think there's enough moisture in the air for that."

"Oh and inside? I think you're safe so long you don't run into the green one." Yes, she meant Gear.
    "No, no, no!" Winterflap flailed around a bit. "I don't need much! I only need enough to store away somewhere where I can keep the warm air out. And then I can make more ice with rainwater or lake-water, and I'll have my own little pocket of winter!"

"Yyyyeah, I've gotten used to that by now," Heart said flatly. "I've been busy getting things squared away with my family, and the school. I was away for the last week, so I missed the whole Simmer thing. What's up with that?"
    "So that's where you got to! How was it? I hear it's nice to have a family, but I can't speak from experience there."

Night Jewel took a deep breath. "Anyway, there was this evil pony named Simmer, sealed away in glass for a long time. Then he broke free, and the entire town went into crisis-mode. There was a long battle, and in the end, he was outmanoeuvred, his powerful gem was taken away and he was sealed in glass again, but we decided we needed a more permanent solution. Fortunately, this mysterious maid came by, broke him free, gave him a lecture on how he wasn't really evil, and gave him a hug. Then his armour broke and he turned into a little colt, who has since been adopted. Basically, a lot of excitement that ended well."

27. - Top - End - #807
    Troll in the Playground

Sandy looked a mite uncomfortable with his personal bubble getting popped right and left, especially when he was trying to sleep. But the pegasus still wanly half-smiled and shook his head. "It's...don't worry about it, I shouldn't have gone and blown up at you like that either. Just don't...don't go sluggin' anypony else, alright?" He yawned, tried to get comfortable with those wings underneath him, and started to close his eyes again.

"What if they're really asking for a good slug to the face?"
    She gave him a squeaky grin.

28. - Top - End - #808
    Titan in the Playground

Outside the Library

"Normal...right...because I exude it out my pores,"
    Gwynfillion deadpanned. "Fine."
    "Thanks. Umm, do you have a free day coming up any time soon? I know it'll be hard to get considering you have to take care of Garion now but-oh! my friends are throwing a slumber party. Can he come?" She asks, figuring this might be a good way to get Garion more acquainted with the town.

29. - Top - End - #809
    Titan in the Playground

"What if they're really asking for a good slug to the face?"
    She gave him a squeaky grin.
    Sandy winced and groaned. "Gear...I'd rather you didn't..."

30. - Top - End - #810
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Soft Serve View Post
    "Thanks. Umm, do you have a free day coming up any time soon? I know it'll be hard to get considering you have to take care of Garion now but-oh! my friends are throwing a slumber party. Can he come?" She asks, figuring this might be a good way to get Garion more acquainted with the town.

"I don't know...its difficult to have a free day open up any time soon when there's a foal to...take care of now,"
    She wanly grimaced and shook her head. "Anyhoof.......I suppose....maybe....I'll have to think about it..about letting him go to a sleep over."
    ---

Sandy winced and groaned. "Gear...I'd rather you didn't..."

"But like...what if the pony was like..picking on you or Silverpine...or any of our friends...sometimes a little face full of buck is the answer."
    She truly believed this.