New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 28 of 50 FirstFirst ... 3181920212223242526272829303132333435363738 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #811
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: [MLP:Fim] Bridle Shores Bar/Downtown thread 2

Quote Originally Posted by Benson View Post

"But like...what if the pony was like..picking on you or Silverpine...or any of our friends...sometimes a little face full of buck is the answer."
    She truly believed this.
    Sandy suddenly opened his eyes and turned his head to face her. "Is it?" He looked her dead in the eye, mouth drawn down in a weary frown, before sighing heavily. "The only thing ponies learn from fightin' and...and yellin' is what t'be afraid of. Nopony's learned their lesson at the hoof-end of a buck. At the end of the day, all you get is hurt feelin's and a hurt face. Nopony wins."
    I'm developing a game. Let's see what happens! Complex.

2. - Top - End - #812
    Titan in the Playground

"I don't know...its difficult to have a free day open up any time soon when there's a foal to...take care of now,"
    She wanly grimaced and shook her head. "Anyhoof.......I suppose....maybe....I'll have to think about it..about letting him go to a sleep over."
    ---
    "Alright. Do you have any time right now? " She had plans in mind just in case Gwyn didn't have any time right now, but she did have some potential plans in mind in case Gwyn did have time.

3. - Top - End - #813
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by TheAmishPirate View Post
    Sandy suddenly opened his eyes and turned his head to face her. "Is it?" He looked her dead in the eye, mouth drawn down in a weary frown, before sighing heavily. "The only thing ponies learn from fightin' and...and yellin' is what t'be afraid of. Nopony's learned their lesson at the hoof-end of a buck. At the end of the day, all you get is hurt feelin's and a hurt face. Nopony wins."

"But what about the pony who gave the whoopin'...do they lose? I'd figure they'd win having had given the buck to the offending pony,"
    She replied back returning his look though her expression started to wan into a small confused frown seeing his own expression.

Quote Originally Posted by Soft Serve View Post
    "Alright. Do you have any time right now? " She had plans in mind just in case Gwyn didn't have any time right now, but she did have some potential plans in mind in case Gwyn did have time.

"Why? Why do you ask?"
    She asked. She might have had plans...or not. Probably not.

4. - Top - End - #814
    Titan in the Playground

"But what about the pony who gave the whoopin'...do they lose? I'd figure they'd win having had given the buck to the offending pony,"
    She replied back returning his look though her expression started to wan into a small confused frown seeing his own expression.
    "They get ponies who're scared of them, think they're just bullies lookin' for a fight, or worse." Sandy closed his eyes and sighed one last time before returning to lay on his back. "That's a loss any way I figure it..."

5. - Top - End - #815
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by PurityIcekiller View Post
    "So that's where you got to! How was it? I hear it's nice to have a family, but I can't speak from experience there."
    "It was nice," said Heartflight. "I really had to travel all over the place though. I actually study at Celestia's School For Gifted Unicorns in Canterlot, but my parents live up in Coltwood, near Vancolter."

Night Jewel took a deep breath. "Anyway, there was this evil pony named Simmer, sealed away in glass for a long time. Then he broke free, and the entire town went into crisis-mode. There was a long battle, and in the end, he was outmanoeuvred, his powerful gem was taken away and he was sealed in glass again, but we decided we needed a more permanent solution. Fortunately, this mysterious maid came by, broke him free, gave him a lecture on how he wasn't really evil, and gave him a hug. Then his armour broke and he turned into a little colt, who has since been adopted. Basically, a lot of excitement that ended well."
    "Mysterious maid? I didn't hear about that part. Who was she? Is she still here?"

"They get ponies who're scared of them, think they're just bullies lookin' for a fight, or worse." Sandy closed his eyes and sighed one last time before returning to lay on his back. "That's a loss any way I figure it..."
    "But what about the way they figure it?" asked Heartflight, unable to restrain herself in time. She then looked abashed at having butted in.
    Quote Originally Posted by TheAmishPirate
    Psychology has nothing to say on the courtship of dragons, but science will surely catch up in time.
    Spoiler: Previous Avatars!
    Show

Kitty Lacuna by Kymme

Spoiler: Characters
    Show

6. - Top - End - #816
    Titan in the Playground

"Why? Why do you ask?"
    She asked. She might have had plans...or not. Probably not.
    "Was just thinking maybe we could do something or hang out. I had a couple ideas, but not anything really important if you have better things to do. We could go to the Grill just to grab a bite to eat, I've got a mostly sealed off room that's good for just sitting, reading, drinking cocoa, relaxing in front of the fireplace, stuff like that. I don't really know what you would like to do exactly, but we could do pretty much anything." Smoothie said.
    Last edited by Mystic Muse; 2012-04-21 at 11:45 PM.

7. - Top - End - #817
    Troll in the Playground

"That's kinda going off a tangent in the scenario I presented,"
    She said with a toothy smile.
    ----

"Was just thinking maybe we could do something or hang out. I had a couple ideas, but not anything really important if you have better things to do. We could go to the Grill just to grab a bite to eat, I've got a mostly sealed off room that's good for just sitting, reading, drinking cocoa, relaxing in front of the fireplace, stuff like that. I don't really know what you would like to do exactly, but we could do pretty much anything." Smoothie said.

"Grills would be closed likely...since...he's..sleeping on my bed right now,"
    She blushed a little before collected herself with an awkward cough.

"Anyhoof...I don't know...I suppose we could read or something."
    Last edited by Benson; 2012-04-21 at 11:46 PM.

8. - Top - End - #818
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Hawkflight View Post
    "But what about the way they figure it?" asked Heartflight, unable to restrain herself in time. She then looked abashed at having butted in.

"That's kinda going off a tangent in the scenario I presented,"
    She said with a toothy smile.
    "That's not...I meant it more like...look, nothin' good comes of fightin', that's all I'm sayin'." Sandy's brow furrowed as he awkwardly tried to explain himself. He didn't seem to mind Heartflight's butting in; seems he wasn't going to get much sleep anyway. "Sure, I guess they might've helped their friend one time, but...well, what's really changed? What'd they get out of buckin' somepony?"
    Last edited by TheAmishPirate; 2012-04-22 at 12:26 AM.

9. - Top - End - #819
    Titan in the Playground

"Grills would be closed likely...since...he's..sleeping on my bed right now,"
    She blushed a little before collected herself with an awkward cough.

"Anyhoof...I don't know...I suppose we could read or something."
    "If you wouldn't mind too much, could you teach me a little bit about fashion, too?" Smoothie asks. That was one of the things she knew Gwyn was good with that Smoothie just wasn't. She'd spent the extent of her knowledge on her "Date" with Spark, and that was only because of the dumb voices in her head.

10. - Top - End - #820
    Ogre in the Playground

"That's not...I meant it more like...look, nothin' good comes of fightin', that's all I'm sayin'." Sandy's brow furrowed as he awkwardly tried to explain himself. He didn't seem to mind Heartflight's butting in; seems he wasn't going to get much sleep anyway. "Sure, I guess they might've helped their friend one time, but...well, what's really changed? What'd they get out of buckin' somepony?"
    "Isn't it more about the fact that they're no longer hurting your friend?" Heartflight asked, then caught herself again. "S-sorry, I'll let you sleep now...."
    Quote Originally Posted by TheAmishPirate
    Psychology has nothing to say on the courtship of dragons, but science will surely catch up in time.
    Spoiler: Previous Avatars!
    Show

Kitty Lacuna by Kymme

Spoiler: Characters
    Show

11. - Top - End - #821
    Troll in the Playground

"That great feeling of putting somepony in their place?"
    She replied in amusement, she was not taking this topic too seriously.

"If you wouldn't mind too much, could you teach me a little bit about fashion, too?" Smoothie asks. That was one of the things she knew Gwyn was good with that Smoothie just wasn't. She'd spent the extent of her knowledge on her "Date" with Spark, and that was only because of the dumb voices in her head.

"I suppose...I could do that...though...why do you want to learn that stuff? You didn't come across as the sort who'd indulge in something like that,"
    She asked.

12. - Top - End - #822
    Ettin in the Playground

"No, no, no!" Winterflap flailed around a bit. "I don't need much! I only need enough to store away somewhere where I can keep the warm air out. And then I can make more ice with rainwater or lake-water, and I'll have my own little pocket of winter!"
    "You want to do what? Create your own pocket of winter?" Icy said, blinking.

"So that's where you got to! How was it? I hear it's nice to have a family, but I can't speak from experience there."

Night Jewel took a deep breath. "Anyway, there was this evil pony named Simmer, sealed away in glass for a long time. Then he broke free, and the entire town went into crisis-mode. There was a long battle, and in the end, he was outmanoeuvred, his powerful gem was taken away and he was sealed in glass again, but we decided we needed a more permanent solution. Fortunately, this mysterious maid came by, broke him free, gave him a lecture on how he wasn't really evil, and gave him a hug. Then his armour broke and he turned into a little colt, who has since been adopted. Basically, a lot of excitement that ended well."
    "What she said," Sliverpine added. Actually, he didn't add anything, but then, silence would have been just as awkward.

13. - Top - End - #823
    Titan in the Playground

"That great feeling of putting somepony in their place?"
    She replied in amusement, she was not taking this topic too seriously.
    Sandy gave Gear an unamused look. "That wasn't exactly what I meant..."

"Isn't it more about the fact that they're no longer hurting your friend?" Heartflight asked, then caught herself again. "S-sorry, I'll let you sleep now...."
    "Don't worry about it, not like I'm sleepin' much now anyway..." Sandy remarked dryly. "Sure, helpin' a friend is important and all, not sayin' it's not. I'd...just like to think you can do that without hurtin' somepony else."

14. - Top - End - #824
    Dwarf in the Playground

"It was nice," said Heartflight. "I really had to travel all over the place though. I actually study at Celestia's School For Gifted Unicorns in Canterlot, but my parents live up in Coltwood, near Vancolter."
    "Ah, wonderful! You've got a lot of good things, then. I'll have to go visit your family someday."

Quote Originally Posted by Hawkflight
    "Mysterious maid? I didn't hear about that part. Who was she? Is she still here?"
    "You know, actually, I don't know where she got to. She just came in, helped out, and then vanished. She never mentioned her name, either. "

Flower Tail overheard. "Sounds kind of like a superhero. Maybe she's called 'Super Maid' or 'Maid of Win' or something."

Night Jewel laughed. "Most superheroes have secret identities, though, and I think her 'secret identity' is that of a normal maid. Still, there aren't that many places a maid would be working, are there? You just need to look in those places. You'll be able to tell her by her solid red colouration and the fact that she doesn't have a lot of feelings most of the time."
    When in doubt, use cute little dragons.

Game and roleplaying stuff.

The data is 1's and 0's. Life is the jazz. (Previous avatars)

15. - Top - End - #825
    Troll in the Playground

Sandy gave Gear an unamused look. "That wasn't exactly what I meant..."

"Don't worry about it, not like I'm sleepin' much now anyway..." Sandy remarked dryly. "Sure, helpin' a friend is important and all, not sayin' it's not. I'd...just like to think you can do that without hurtin' somepony else."

"Such a pacifist mentally, I dunno, I still think sometimes a clobbering is a viable answer, that and weaseling your way out with words....and somehow convincing them to give you Bits for their troubling of you.........."
    She laughed in mirth rolling on her back flashbacking. "I can't believe that worked that time."

16. - Top - End - #826
    Titan in the Playground

"I suppose...I could do that...though...why do you want to learn that stuff? You didn't come across as the sort who'd indulge in something like that,"
    She asked.
    "Because I like being able to look nice." Smoothie says, stating the obvious. "Like I said, I want to be able to be normal, or at least look like I am. Being knowledgeable about fashion will help a lot I think." she says, trying to think of other things she could do to just be "Normal" for once in her life. She can't think of much.

17. - Top - End - #827
    Troll in the Playground

"Because I like being able to look nice." Smoothie says, stating the obvious. "Like I said, I want to be able to be normal, or at least look like I am. Being knowledgeable about fashion will help a lot I think." she says, trying to think of other things she could do to just be "Normal" for once in her life. She can't think of much.
    For Gwynfillion, it wasn't an obvious factoid about the filly anti social bookworm. "Right...normal..normalcy. Well first, you should do something with your mane, what sort of shampoo do you use?"

18. - Top - End - #828
    Titan in the Playground

For Gwynfillion, it wasn't an obvious factoid about the filly anti social bookworm. "Right...normal..normalcy. Well first, you should do something with your mane, what sort of shampoo do you use?"
    "Uh, just some bargain brand stuff that smells like berries." Smoothie responds. "I just use it because it works, an I like the smell." she explains. Plus, it was cheap, and given how there are 12 dozen dozen different types of shampoos, it's not like you could know which one you should use with nothing to go off of.

19. - Top - End - #829
    Troll in the Playground

"Uh, just some bargain brand stuff that smells like berries." Smoothie responds. "I just use it because it works, an I like the smell." she explains. Plus, it was cheap, and given how there are 12 dozen dozen different types of shampoos, it's not like you could know which one you should use with nothing to go off of.

"That's your first error going for the bargain brand, yes, it works fine, if you don't much for a healthy mane and tail,"
    She said looking the filly over, trying to get into character here.

20. - Top - End - #830
    Titan in the Playground

"That's your first error going for the bargain brand, yes, it works fine, if you don't much for a healthy mane and tail,"
    She said looking the filly over, trying to get into character here.
    "Well, I don't know what a good brand is. Do you have any particular suggestions?" she asks. Her mane and tail had been somewhat neglected for some time.

21. - Top - End - #831
    Troll in the Playground

"Well, I don't know what a good brand is. Do you have any particular suggestions?" she asks. Her mane and tail had been somewhat neglected for some time.

"Mane & Tail shampoo and conditioner,"
    Gwynfillion said stroking her chin. "Tis how I get such a luxurious shine and bounce to my mane."

22. - Top - End - #832
    Titan in the Playground

"Mane & Tail shampoo and conditioner,"
    Gwynfillion said stroking her chin. "Tis how I get such a luxurious shine and bounce to my mane."
    Mane & Tail is what you chose for a brand name? Laaaaaaame.

"Alright. I'll keep that in mind." She says, making a mental note to check for the stuff next time she went to the store. "What else?" she asked.

23. - Top - End - #833
    Troll in the Playground

Mane & Tail is what you chose for a brand name? Laaaaaaame.

"Alright. I'll keep that in mind." She says, making a mental note to check for the stuff next time she went to the store. "What else?" she asked.

Yes, that's what I choose because I have that going on as a running joke since it exists in real life except its n' instead of &. /serious face

"Treat yourself to a spa every once in a while, deep tissue massages, that sort of stuff,"
    She said.

24. - Top - End - #834
    Titan in the Playground

Yes, that's what I choose because I have that going on as a running joke since it exists in real life except its n' instead of &. /serious face

"Treat yourself to a spa every once in a while, deep tissue massages, that sort of stuff,"
    She said.
    "Is there anywhere in Bridle Shores that does anything like that? I suppose the Grill has a spa, but it doesn't strike me as the best place for something like that..." she says. Something about a spa in the same place people eats just seems weird to her.

25. - Top - End - #835
    Troll in the Playground

"Is there anywhere in Bridle Shores that does anything like that? I suppose the Grill has a spa, but it doesn't strike me as the best place for something like that..." she says. Something about a spa in the same place people eats just seems weird to her.

"That's the only place I know of, and its a good place as any,"
    Gwynfillion answered with her bias, since well her coltfriend owned it all. She didn't find it weird, it made sense, a place of business that provided two unrelated services. It would be weird if it didn't. A place that sold books and magazines, that would be weird.

26. - Top - End - #836
    Titan in the Playground

"That's the only place I know of, and its a good place as any,"
    Gwynfillion answered with her bias, since well her coltfriend owned it all. She didn't find it weird, it made sense, a place of business that provided two unrelated services. It would be weird if it didn't. A place that sold books and magazines, that would be weird.
    "Eh, I'll probably find somewhere else for personal reasons." Smoothie says, thinking she probably isn't well like at the Grill for a couple of reasons. Mostly the fiasco that was her "Date" with Spark.

27. - Top - End - #837
    Troll in the Playground

"Eh, I'll probably find somewhere else for personal reasons." Smoothie says, thinking she probably isn't well like at the Grill for a couple of reasons. Mostly the fiasco that was her "Date" with Spark.

"Suit yourself,"
    She said glancing around noticing a few ponies, but otherwise acting like she didn't acknowledge them.

28. - Top - End - #838
    Dwarf in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Grif View Post
    "You want to do what? Create your own pocket of winter?" Icy said, blinking.
    "Yes! A little place where it'll be cold all year long, and I can have all the ice I want!"

Winterflap sighed. "I don't like waiting for the snows to come. I feel useless. I want to have ice to shape all the time. Then I can work all year, shaping ice into all kinds of wonderful creatures! But I can't. Not without my pocket of winter."
    When in doubt, use cute little dragons.

Game and roleplaying stuff.

The data is 1's and 0's. Life is the jazz. (Previous avatars)

29. - Top - End - #839
    Titan in the Playground

"Such a pacifist mentally, I dunno, I still think sometimes a clobbering is a viable answer, that and weaseling your way out with words....and somehow convincing them to give you Bits for their troubling of you.........."
    She laughed in mirth rolling on her back flashbacking. "I can't believe that worked that time."
    That managed to get an eyebrow-raise out of Sandy, though whether it was amusement or questioning was hard to tell. "It's not exactly pacifism...I mean, if you were cornered, and couldn't run...but then that's just assumin' a heap of...just..." The little pegasus shook his head in frustration, the words just refusing to come out right. Eventually, he gave up and turned back onto his back. "Just...just don't go clobberin' anypony else, okay? I don't want t'see you...or really anypony in this town gettin' hurt."

30. - Top - End - #840
    Troll in the Playground

That managed to get an eyebrow-raise out of Sandy, though whether it was amusement or questioning was hard to tell. "It's not exactly pacifism...I mean, if you were cornered, and couldn't run...but then that's just assumin' a heap of...just..." The little pegasus shook his head in frustration, the words just refusing to come out right. Eventually, he gave up and turned back onto his back. "Just...just don't go clobberin' anypony else, okay? I don't want t'see you...or really anypony in this town gettin' hurt."
    She stared at him for a moment, with a kinda frozen lopsided grin of amusement before sighing. "I don't make any promise, instincts and all, but I'll restrain myself around you." She made a click with her a tongue and nodded her head.