New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 34 of 50 FirstFirst ... 9242526272829303132333435363738394041424344 ... LastLast
Results 991 to 1,020 of 1473
  1. - Top - End - #991
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: [MLP:Fim] Bridle Shores Bar/Downtown thread 2

Quote Originally Posted by Benson View Post

"Good...I'm going to be off okay?"
    She slowly started to back away, in the testing the waters sort of way. She briefly looked at Smoothie and gave her a neutral look before looking back at Garion with a small smile.
    Garion trotted back too, towards the other foals, "his own kind", as it were. He bit down on his lip nervously, but put on a brave face for Miss Gwyn as he waved goodbye.
    I'm developing a game. Let's see what happens! Complex.

2. - Top - End - #992
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by TheAmishPirate View Post
    Garion trotted back too, towards the other foals, "his own kind", as it were. He bit down on his lip nervously, but put on a brave face for Miss Gwyn as he waved goodbye.

She waved good bye back and then just poofed away, leaving him with Smoothie and Pyrite who present there at the moment.

3. - Top - End - #993
    Troll in the Playground

Pyrite gave Garion a relaxed smile. He seemed a nervy kid, and that took some easing into matters. Get him comfy and familiar, and he'd be putty; that was Pyrite's thinking.

"No need to be nervous, alright? We're all accomodating ponies, so you just say something if you need us to slow down. It's no good if we're not all having fun."

Pyrite said with a little nod as he began walking towards the back of the library. He stopped and waited for Garion and Smoothie.

"Satisfaction is my #1 concern."

That was, from where Pyrite thought, not remotely true. From where Pyrite felt... It was maybe less untrue than he believed.
    LPs:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Moemon Leafgreen (Complete)
    Long Live the Queen (Complete)
    Harvest Moon 64 (Complete)

Rune Factory 3 (Ongoing)
    Fire Emblem: Thracia 776 (Ongoing)

Azure Dreams (On Hiatus)

Quote Originally Posted by Herpestidae View Post
    I... wow. I feel like I'm in the presence of royalty. The LP Goddess herself has graced this thread with her presence. I just... what...

4. - Top - End - #994
    Titan in the Playground

Smoothie just kinda sat there playing with Umbra. She really doesn't have anything she can add right now.

5. - Top - End - #995
    Titan in the Playground

She waved good bye back and then just poofed away, leaving him with Smoothie and Pyrite who present there at the moment.
    Garion stood there for a few moments, looking around at the spot his surrogate mother just occupied. But the foal would see nothing; she was gone.

Quote Originally Posted by Deme View Post
    Pyrite gave Garion a relaxed smile. He seemed a nervy kid, and that took some easing into matters. Get him comfy and familiar, and he'd be putty; that was Pyrite's thinking.

"No need to be nervous, alright? We're all accomodating ponies, so you just say something if you need us to slow down. It's no good if we're not all having fun."

Pyrite said with a little nod as he began walking towards the back of the library. He stopped and waited for Garion and Smoothie.

"Satisfaction is my #1 concern."

That was, from where Pyrite thought, not remotely true. From where Pyrite felt... It was maybe less untrue than he believed.
    Well; nothing to do now but go through with this. Garion gulped and gave Pyrite a nervous smile in return. "Yeah...I mean, yes, that sounds fine. I'll do that." He trotted after the two foals, taking the time to look up above him at the vast library. So many books, even more than Miss Gwyn, and he thought that was impossible. The very room seemed so much bigger on the inside...he could spend all night just exploring here. Nearly bumping into Pyrite snapped him back down to earth. He politely smiled and fumbled out an apology, before motioning for Pyrite and Smoothie to continue. He'd just follow along for now.

6. - Top - End - #996
    Troll in the Playground

Pyrite waves the apology off with a smile and walks into the reading room.

"Well, looks like everyone who's coming has arrived! We can start! Buisiness, or non-buisiness?"

Pyrite was the only person who would not call it 'buisiness or pleasure,' because obviously planning sales was pleasurable.
    LPs:
    Spoiler
    Show

Rune Factory 3 (Ongoing)

Azure Dreams (On Hiatus)

I... wow. I feel like I'm in the presence of royalty. The LP Goddess herself has graced this thread with her presence. I just... what...

7. - Top - End - #997
    Troll in the Playground

Spark glanced at the new foal and laid there on the reading chair still and then looked at Pyrite. "Well, we should probably start with non business, for the new guy's sake or somethin', then business, and then finish the night with non business," He looked back at Garion and gave him a wave.

Cloud meanwhile hopped over Garion with a big smile and looked at him with her good eye. "Hiya."

8. - Top - End - #998
    Titan in the Playground

Garion glanced around the room at the other foals, his heart still pounding. They seemed alright, at least by appearances. To Pyrite's question, he raised an eyebrow. "What's business-"

Cloud meanwhile hopped over Garion with a big smile and looked at him with her good eye. "Hiya."
    Further questions were cut off when one of the foals leaped over him with nary a warning. Garion yelped and ducked under her, narrowly missing several hooves to the face. He smiled nervously back up at her, still keeping his head down. "H-hello."

9. - Top - End - #999
    Troll in the Playground

Further questions were cut off when one of the foals leaped over him with nary a warning. Garion yelped and ducked under her, narrowly missing several hooves to the face. He smiled nervously back up at her, still keeping his head down. "H-hello."
    (whoops, was suppose to be 'hopped over to Garion' ah well, this is more amusing)

She giggled while looking at him apologetically. "Whoops...I guess that was one hop too many, sorry about that." The smaller foal turned around to face him and stuck out a small hoof. "My name is Cloud Chaser, and maybe I do like to chase clouds." The last part was more playfully directed at Pyrite for his comment from earlier.

10. - Top - End - #1000
    Titan in the Playground

(whoops, was suppose to be 'hopped over to Garion' ah well, this is more amusing)

She giggled while looking at him apologetically. "Whoops...I guess that was one hop too many, sorry about that." The smaller foal turned around to face him and stuck out a small hoof. "My name is Cloud Chaser, and maybe I do like to chase clouds." The last part was more playfully directed at Pyrite for his comment from earlier.
    Garion took the hoof and shook it gently, still a little shaken by her energy. She could give Sugar a run for her money. "My name's Garion. Y-you missed me, no harm done, apology accepted."

11. - Top - End - #1001
    Troll in the Playground

Garion took the hoof and shook it gently, still a little shaken by her energy. She could give Sugar a run for her money. "My name's Garion. Y-you missed me, no harm done, apology accepted."
    "Oh...you're the one Smoothie mention'd moment ago, the 'new guy'. Do you like games? I likegames,Iliketomakemybigbrotherplaywithmeevenwhe nhedoesn'twantto. Wanna play?" She asked lightly bouncing up and down with a silly smile.

Spark peered over the edge of his comic book and kept a wary eye on the colt talking to his sister.
    Last edited by Benson; 2012-05-17 at 05:33 PM.

12. - Top - End - #1002
    Titan in the Playground

Pyrite waves the apology off with a smile and walks into the reading room.

"Well, looks like everyone who's coming has arrived! We can start! Buisiness, or non-buisiness?"

Pyrite was the only person who would not call it 'buisiness or pleasure,' because obviously planning sales was pleasurable.
    "Let's get done with business first." Smoothie suggests. No, she was not going to set up the "To defeat the Huns" line.
    Last edited by Mystic Muse; 2012-05-17 at 05:31 PM.

13. - Top - End - #1003
    Troll in the Playground

"The buisness is that we're trying to raise money to get Spark Chaser here --" Pyrite gestured to Spark "Into flight school. We made some money with a haunted house, but losses were high."

He coughed, trying to forget the whole ghost fiasco.

"So I wanted to do some brainstorming on something we could work on."
    LPs:
    Spoiler
    Show

Rune Factory 3 (Ongoing)

Azure Dreams (On Hiatus)

14. - Top - End - #1004
    Titan in the Playground

"Oh...you're the one Smoothie mention'd moment ago, the 'new guy'. Do you like games? I likegames,Iliketomakemybigbrotherplaywithmeevenwhe nhedoesn'twantto. Wanna play?" She asked lightly bouncing up and down with a silly smile.

Spark peered over the edge of his comic book and kept a wary eye on the colt talking to his sister.
    Garion found himself backing away, overloaded with this filly's energy. He caught...maybe two words out of that? If he just ignored the incomprehensible bit at the center, then it sorta made sense. "Y-yes, playing is fun, but..." He tried to peek around her to see Pyrite and the others. "Are we talking? Is that what we're supposed to do now?"

15. - Top - End - #1005
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Mystic Muse View Post
    "Let's get done with business first." Smoothie suggests. No, she was not going to set up the "To defeat the Huns" line.
    Unfortunately, Heartflight had already started humming it. She stopped when she realized what she was doing. "Sorry."

"The buisness is that we're trying to raise money to get Spark Chaser here --" Pyrite gestured to Spark "Into flight school. We made some money with a haunted house, but losses were high."

He coughed, trying to forget the whole ghost fiasco.

"So I wanted to do some brainstorming on something we could work on."
    Heartflight's brain immediately shifted into scholar mode. "Clearly, the question is: What do ponies want? Where is there a service or product that is not already offered, has little or no competition, and most importantly is what ponies want and/or need?"
    Quote Originally Posted by TheAmishPirate
    Psychology has nothing to say on the courtship of dragons, but science will surely catch up in time.
    Spoiler: Previous Avatars!
    Show

Kitty Lacuna by Kymme

Spoiler: Characters
    Show

16. - Top - End - #1006
    Ogre in the Playground

Dawn Blossom voted to continue with business, then trotted over to the new foal. "Hello there," she said. "I'm Dawn Blossom."
    Psychology has nothing to say on the courtship of dragons, but science will surely catch up in time.
    Show

Kitty Lacuna by Kymme

Show

17. - Top - End - #1007
    Troll in the Playground

Garion found himself backing away, overloaded with this filly's energy. He caught...maybe two words out of that? If he just ignored the incomprehensible bit at the center, then it sorta made sense. "Y-yes, playing is fun, but..." He tried to peek around her to see Pyrite and the others. "Are we talking? Is that what we're supposed to do now?"

"Mmm...I hopes not...I wanted play first,"
    She looked at the older foals and adweebably made a silly pouty face.

18. - Top - End - #1008
    Troll in the Playground

"Well, this isn't intended to be a permanent fixture, so your questions are faulty."

Pyrite answered to Heartflight, settling down in a beanbag. This was actually a slightly different priority than a standard buisiness set-up.

"We need something that will be flashy and attention getting -- something that doesn't need a long sale-tail so we can capitalize on it quickly. Something where the brevity will be part of the charm... And, finally, something enough of us want to do that we'll have fun -- after all, we're friends, no employees. I recommend some sort of show or mini-fair, which has the convenient side-effect of being something this town lacks -- entertainment options."
    LPs:
    Spoiler
    Show

Rune Factory 3 (Ongoing)

Azure Dreams (On Hiatus)

19. - Top - End - #1009
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Hawkflight View Post
    Dawn Blossom voted to continue with business, then trotted over to the new foal. "Hello there," she said. "I'm Dawn Blossom."
    "Hello." Garion politely offered a hoof to shake. "I'm Garion. It's nice to meet you." Without having another foal jumping in his face, it was so much easier to focus on his proper manners.

As for the business meeting stuff, seeing how his questions were falling on deaf ears, he decided to hang back and simply watch the group. He was sort of following along, continually racking up questions for Miss Gwyn later. Maybe later they'd move to something he knew about, like manners.

20. - Top - End - #1010
    Troll in the Playground

Spark listened to Pyrite and Heartflight as he flipped to the last page of his comic. He liked reading the ads in the back and what not. He once ordered sea monkeys only to find out he needed to order the sea monkey food separately, by the time the special food came in the mail, the sea monkeys had died. Yeaaaaa.

Anyways, his eyes took a look of shock as he read the advert. "Oh my gosh guys...! Check this out...!" He hopped out of his seat and ran over to Pyrite.

"There's ad here that's holding a contest for the best short film, with the grand prize being a whopping eight hundred Bits!"
    The fine print went on to read that only those under the age of young adulthood could enter, the minimum length of the short film was ten minutes and could be no more longer than thirty, and to send in the *VHS tape by this date. For more information, order in the mail the full rules and guidelines.

*I like the idea that in terms of modern technology its more akin to late 70s/early 80s, it has a charm to it, and of course the dash of steam/diesel punk. Frankly I abhor the idea of IPOD/laptops/PC, giant flat screen hi def TVs and similar high level entertainment tech of our world

21. - Top - End - #1011
    Troll in the Playground

((Well, we've seen they have film reels, so something film-based is possible.))

Pyrite took up the comic with a flourish and read the contest details. He handed it back when he was done.

"I like this idea! Even if we don't win, we'll have a film we can do showings for in town -- we could even get paid twice, in essence!"

Getting paid twice: Pyrite's personal dream. He opened a notebook and began levitating a quill to do some very fast writing.

"We'll need equipment for both the filming and the showing... I can manage some of that, but some of the tech-stuff might be a bit beyond my inventing skills for good quality... Anyone know a pony good with tech?"
    LPs:
    Spoiler
    Show

Rune Factory 3 (Ongoing)

Azure Dreams (On Hiatus)

22. - Top - End - #1012
    Titan in the Playground

Pyrite took up the comic with a flourish and read the contest details. He handed it back when he was done.

"I like this idea! Even if we don't win, we'll have a film we can do showings for in town -- we could even get paid twice, in essence!"

Getting paid twice: Pyrite's personal dream. He opened a notebook and began levitating a quill to do some very fast writing.

"We'll need equipment for both the filming and the showing... I can manage some of that, but some of the tech-stuff might be a bit beyond my inventing skills for good quality... Anyone know a pony good with tech?"
    "Well, he lives a little far away, but my sister's good friend Floppy Disk is pretty great with tech." Smoothie says. She could teleport, so that solved the far away problem. Frankly, she thought this entire idea was silly to say the least, but she kept her mouth shut about that.

Umbra was flying around, occasionally giving a little squeak.

"I think you're getting a little ahead of yourselves though. Do you even have an idea for the film?" Smoothie asked.

23. - Top - End - #1013
    Troll in the Playground

"Yes, a super hero film," Spark nodded happily, psyching himself up. "The characters in the film will even get to appear in a one shot Wonderbolts' comic."

He then had an imagine spot of himself, in a comic book style dream. Thick black outlines, etc etc you know the drill. Of himself fighting bad guys with the Wonderbolts.

24. - Top - End - #1014
    Titan in the Playground

"Excuse me?" The "new kid" stepped back into the conversation, hoof raised and everything. "What's a comic?"

25. - Top - End - #1015
    Troll in the Playground

"Excuse me?" The "new kid" stepped back into the conversation, hoof raised and everything. "What's a comic?"
    Spark looked at Garion like he had a second head or something. He scampered up to him and stared intensely at him. "Are you pulling my tail? You really don't know what a comic is?"

26. - Top - End - #1016
    Titan in the Playground

Spark looked at Garion like he had a second head or something. He scampered up to him and stared intensely at him. "Are you pulling my tail? You really don't know what a comic is?"
    Garion peeked over at Spark's tail, then back down at his hooves, then back at his tail again. "I don't think anypony's pulling your tail, unless they're really really fast. Is tail-pulling a comic?"

27. - Top - End - #1017
    Troll in the Playground

Garion peeked over at Spark's tail, then back down at his hooves, then back at his tail again. "I don't think anypony's pulling your tail, unless they're really really fast. Is tail-pulling a comic?"

"What?" He kinda just stared at him and then shook his head. He scampered over to the comfy chair and grabbed his comic book with his mouth. He returned and dropped it in front of Garion as it landed spread opened.

"A comic book, its a book....but with pictures. This is the Wonderbolts comic, where they take on the role as superheroes."

28. - Top - End - #1018
    Ogre in the Playground

"Hello." Garion politely offered a hoof to shake. "I'm Garion. It's nice to meet you." Without having another foal jumping in his face, it was so much easier to focus on his proper manners.
    "Are you new? I don't think I've seen you before." They were, however, interrupted by the discussion of comics and films.

"Well, I have some experience with technology, and a lot of experience with magic," offered Heartflight.

"Yes, a super hero film," Spark nodded happily, psyching himself up. "The characters in the film will even get to appear in a one shot Wonderbolts' comic."

He then had an imagine spot of himself, in a comic book style dream. Thick black outlines, etc etc you know the drill. Of himself fighting bad guys with the Wonderbolts.
    "Superheroes? I like it!"

"What?" He kinda just stared at him and then shook his head. He scampered over to the comfy chair and grabbed his comic book with his mouth. He returned and dropped it in front of Garion as it landed spread opened.

"A comic book, its a book....but with pictures. This is the Wonderbolts comic, where they take on the role as superheroes."
    Heartflight shook her head. "Spark," she said. "If he's never read comics before, Batmare is probably a better example, or even Spiderpony."
    Show

Kitty Lacuna by Kymme

Show

29. - Top - End - #1019
    Titan in the Playground

Heartflight shook her head. "Spark," she said. "If he's never read comics before, Batmare is probably a better example, or even Spiderpony."
    Smoothie had about a half-dozen other examples off the top of her head that she considered better comics, but everypony's tastes were their own, and they deserved to have tastes of their own, so she kept her mouth shut about her opinions about the Wonderbolts series.

"I volunteer for camera-pony." Smoothie said.

30. - Top - End - #1020
    Titan in the Playground

A book...with pictures? Miss Gwyn had a lot of those, but nothing like the flimsy book Spark tossed him. Garion looked over the drawings, so much more colorful, so much more exciting than the boring books Miss Gwyn had him reading. Though, he wasn't sure if he'd ever seen ponies looking like these Wonderbolts. Tall, skinny mares and musclebound stallions in uniforms that must've been a nightmare to put on, fighting against other ponies in similarly crazy uniforms. How this could happen anywhere in Equestria was beyond him.

Needless to say, this warranted further investigation. Garion flipped through the book, curiosity driving him to page after page.

"Who're they?" he asked, distracted by explosions and high-flying stunts.