New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 35 of 50 FirstFirst ... 10252627282930313233343536373839404142434445 ... LastLast
Results 1,021 to 1,050 of 1473
  1. - Top - End - #1021
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: [MLP:Fim] Bridle Shores Bar/Downtown thread 2

Heartflight simply smirked and levitated over a copy of one of the Batmare/Spiderpony crossover comics, in which Kingpin tries to sink Manehattan. She had her own favorites, but that was a debate for another time.
    Quote Originally Posted by TheAmishPirate
    Psychology has nothing to say on the courtship of dragons, but science will surely catch up in time.
    Spoiler: Previous Avatars!
    Show

Kitty Lacuna by Kymme

Spoiler: Characters
    Show

2. - Top - End - #1022
    Troll in the Playground

"I'm the only one who likes Booster Colt, huh?"

Anyway, that was not the point.

"Ok, so. We can work out supplies. If Smoothie's doing camera work, then me and... Heartflight, right? Will do special effects and backgrounds. But, of course, we need a story. We need... Actors. Ideas for our plot?"
    LPs:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Moemon Leafgreen (Complete)
    Long Live the Queen (Complete)
    Harvest Moon 64 (Complete)

Rune Factory 3 (Ongoing)
    Fire Emblem: Thracia 776 (Ongoing)

Azure Dreams (On Hiatus)

Quote Originally Posted by Herpestidae View Post
    I... wow. I feel like I'm in the presence of royalty. The LP Goddess herself has graced this thread with her presence. I just... what...

3. - Top - End - #1023
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Hawkflight View Post
    Heartflight simply smirked and levitated over a copy of one of the Batmare/Spiderpony crossover comics, in which Kingpin tries to sink Manehattan. She had her own favorites, but that was a debate for another time.
    Garion eagerly flipped open the next book, ears a-quiver with excitement. He couldn't put his hoof on it, but something about these stories of brave heroes, defending the weak and innocent against the forces of evil, struck a chord with him. He'd have to ask Miss Gwyn about where he could sign up for this sort of thing. Maybe Bridle Shores had a vacancy for a masked colt?

Quote Originally Posted by Deme View Post

"Ok, so. We can work out supplies. If Smoothie's doing camera work, then me and... Heartflight, right? Will do special effects and backgrounds. But, of course, we need a story. We need... Actors. Ideas for our plot?"
    "Can I help be one of the heroes?" he piped up eagerly.
    I'm developing a game. Let's see what happens! Complex.

4. - Top - End - #1024
    Troll in the Playground

He scoffed at Heartflight's comment and glowered, yeah right, those two were poor examples and Batmare sucked, too much broody wangsting.

He was ready to debate it when the main subject continued, courtesy of Pyrite.

"Ooh, I want to the hero and I can do my own stunts and everything,"
    He said proudly, puffing out his chest a bit and essentially trying to look tough. "As for a plot, maybe the heroes have to stop an evil wizard from turning all the townsponies into newts?" He chuckled, partially serious about it.

Quote Originally Posted by TheAmishPirate View Post
    "Can I help be one of the heroes?" he piped up eagerly.

"You can be my sidekick."

5. - Top - End - #1025
    Ogre in the Playground

"Actually, I've go a fair bit of acting experience myself," said Heartflight. "I'm told I'm pretty good, so I might be better in that position. As for a plot?" She tapped her hoof to her chin, thinking. "Something involving a combat butler, maybe? Or, oh! Zombies!"
    Psychology has nothing to say on the courtship of dragons, but science will surely catch up in time.
    Show

Kitty Lacuna by Kymme

Show

6. - Top - End - #1026
    Troll in the Playground

"Ok, I do like Garion as sidekick. He's got the right age and energy to be our apprentice hero, while Spark is satisfyingly... Main Character-ish."

By which he meant that Spark put him in mind of a shonen protagonist of the less strongly hot-blooded type.

"I'm fine with doing props and special effects by myself, as well as being general producer... But I guess we'll put Heartflight and everyone else in as we need them. Right now, we need a good threat..."
    LPs:
    Spoiler
    Show

Rune Factory 3 (Ongoing)

Azure Dreams (On Hiatus)

I... wow. I feel like I'm in the presence of royalty. The LP Goddess herself has graced this thread with her presence. I just... what...

7. - Top - End - #1027
    Titan in the Playground

"Ok, I do like Garion as sidekick. He's got the right age and energy to be our apprentice hero, while Spark is satisfyingly... Main Character-ish."

By which he meant that Spark put him in mind of a shonen protagonist of the less strongly hot-blooded type.

"I'm fine with doing props and special effects by myself, as well as being general producer... But I guess we'll put Heartflight and everyone else in as we need them. Right now, we need a good threat..."
    "I could probably come up with a villain. I just need some guidelines, since I don't really read the Wonderbolts comic." Smoothie responds.

8. - Top - End - #1028
    Troll in the Playground

"Ooh...Garion will be my sidekick, I the hero, ladies love heroes," He grinned to himself as he said that. "And they have to stop a mad scientist wizard who is trying to turn the hapless townsponies into cake zombies!"

9. - Top - End - #1029
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Benson View Post
    "You can be my sidekick."
    Sidekick? He flipped open the Wonderbolts comic, and wouldn't you know it, one of the main flyers had a sidekick. A colt who followed him around everywhere, learning how to be a hero, and helping stop the bad guys. "I like me as a sidekick too." he added, intently reading up on his newfound duties.

"Ooh...Garion will be my sidekick, I the hero, ladies love heroes," He grinned to himself as he said that. "And they have to stop a mad scientist wizard who is trying to turn the hapless townsponies into cake zombies!"
    Garion frowned and flipped through both comic books. Repeatedly. The little colt raised his hoof again. "What's a cake zombie? Oh, maybe they're on the back..." He turned both books over, upside down, sideways, muttering, "...cake zombie...cake zombie...no, that's a lake zombie..."

10. - Top - End - #1030
    Troll in the Playground

"A cake zombie is a zombie that just wants to eat all the cake and sweets in the world, leaving no delicious sweets for us normal ponies, and you know, sweets are part of a balanced diet fir ponyfolk," Spark winked and was generally being silly about it all.

"Ooohh...can I be a zombie? Can I? Can I? I was a brains zombie on Nightmare Night, I have practice,"
    Cloud beamed.

11. - Top - End - #1031
    Titan in the Playground

"A cake zombie is a zombie that just wants to eat all the cake and sweets in the world, leaving no delicious sweets for us normal ponies, and you know, sweets are part of a balanced diet fir ponyfolk," Spark winked and was generally being silly about it all.

"Ooohh...can I be a zombie? Can I? Can I? I was a brains zombie on Nightmare Night, I have practice,"
    Cloud beamed.
    Garion gasped in horror. "Really?! Why do they want to take all our sweets? Did we do something to them? I've never even seen a cake zombie, why would they want my sweets too?" This sleepover was proving to be far more informative than he could ever have imagined. He'd have so much to ask Miss Gwyn in the morning...

12. - Top - End - #1032
    Troll in the Playground

Garion gasped in horror. "Really?! Why do they want to take all our sweets? Did we do something to them? I've never even seen a cake zombie, why would they want my sweets too?" This sleepover was proving to be far more informative than he could ever have imagined. He'd have so much to ask Miss Gwyn in the morning...

"Because...they're cake zombies...they need no motive...........Rawrrrrrr!"
    Cloud then zombie shambled towards Garion. "Sweeeeetssss!...Caaaaakessss....!"

13. - Top - End - #1033
    Titan in the Playground

"Because...they're cake zombies...they need no motive...........Rawrrrrrr!"
    Cloud then zombie shambled towards Garion. "Sweeeeetssss!...Caaaaakessss....!"
    Garion, instead of running away in mortal fear of cake-theivery, regarded the shambling Cloud with curiosity. Once she got close enough, he'd give her a few tentative pokes, foreleg, belly, snout. "She still feels like a pony, unless..." Garion gasped as yet another horrifying thought came to him. "Do the cake zombies look like real ponies?!"

14. - Top - End - #1034
    Troll in the Playground

Garion, instead of running away in mortal fear of cake-theivery, regarded the shambling Cloud with curiosity. Once she got close enough, he'd give her a few tentative pokes, foreleg, belly, snout. "She still feels like a pony, unless..." Garion gasped as yet another horrifying thought came to him. "Do the cake zombies look like real ponies?!"
    Cloud giggled being poked utterly breaking character. "Nah....cake zombies, don't look like real ponies, you can just tell when you've encountered a cake zombie, also, they smell sickly sweet and sugary." Spark explained pushing is giggling sister off to the side.

15. - Top - End - #1035
    Titan in the Playground

Cloud giggled being poked utterly breaking character. "Nah....cake zombies, don't look like real ponies, you can just tell when you've encountered a cake zombie, also, they smell sickly sweet and sugary." Spark explained pushing is giggling sister off to the side.
    Garion counted off on his hoof: "You can just tell, sickly sweet, sugary. I think I get it."

(Right, waiting for other folks to actually advance the mini-plot. )

16. - Top - End - #1036
    Troll in the Playground

"Cake zombies looking unlike real ponies would do nightmares to our costuming budget."

Pyrite pointed out. He was pretty unimpressed by the idea of cake zombies as a whole. He was a chocolate guy.

"I like the idea of a sorceress turning everyone into newts, but we'd need to do some newt round-up."

He laughed at the idea of them all trying to catch newts.
    LPs:
    Spoiler
    Show

Rune Factory 3 (Ongoing)

Azure Dreams (On Hiatus)

17. - Top - End - #1037
    Titan in the Playground

"Cake zombies looking unlike real ponies would do nightmares to our costuming budget."

Pyrite pointed out. He was pretty unimpressed by the idea of cake zombies as a whole. He was a chocolate guy.

"I like the idea of a sorceress turning everyone into newts, but we'd need to do some newt round-up."

He laughed at the idea of them all trying to catch newts.
    Garion again raised his hoof. "Newts are always getting into Miss Gwyn's garden. And her yard. And her tower. And her room. If we just go to wherever the newts are coming from, we'll have bunches to use."

18. - Top - End - #1038
    Troll in the Playground

Garion again raised his hoof. "Newts are always getting into Miss Gwyn's garden. And her yard. And her tower. And her room. If we just go to wherever the newts are coming from, we'll have bunches to use."

"Oh...well then, there we go, newts, a spawn point for 'em, good work kid,"
    Spark said patting Garion on the shoulder.
    -----------

Meanwhile, Gwynfillion herself, had not yet returned to the tower and had instead took a stroll into the downtown, particularly to the front of a certain closing soda bar. She narrowed her eyes and peered inside wondering what she was even doing here. She opened the door and was surprised it was unlocked. She quietly walked inside and sat down at a table. There were many to choose from, being empty and all.

She glanced around her surroundings, there was a minor surrealism being at the place one claimed to hate out of their own volition.

19. - Top - End - #1039
    Titan in the Playground

Soft was clearly somewhere in the back, making a rather large amount of noise with something. Gwyn would be fairly certain she heard a crash at some point, and Soft would come out slightly disoriented with a bucket on her head that she either didn't seem to comprehend was there, or didn't care.

She did seem to comprehend Gwyn was there on the other hoof. She shook her head to deal with the disorientation to make sure she wasn't seeing things.

"Ummm, Hi. Didn't expect to see you here....well....ever, let alone when the bar is being closed down." Soft said, taking the bucket off her head and setting it somewhere in the back room.

20. - Top - End - #1040
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Mystic Muse View Post
    She did seem to comprehend Gwyn was there on the other hoof. She shook her head to deal with the disorientation to make sure she wasn't seeing things.

"Ummm, Hi. Didn't expect to see you here....well....ever, let alone when the bar is being closed down." Soft said, taking the bucket off her head and setting it somewhere in the back room.

"So...you really are leaving the town...."
    She said in a tense but observational tone. She kept a stone cold neutral expression as she stared at Soft. "....Why?"

21. - Top - End - #1041
    Titan in the Playground

"So...you really are leaving the town...."
    She said in a tense but observational tone. She kept a stone cold neutral expression as she stared at Soft. "....Why?"
    "Personal reasons." Soft says, choosing not to elaborate. "I'm going to be moving away for a long time though, barring any unforeseen circumstances, so I have to close down the bar." she says, looking a little sad as she does. "Eh, at least I can be sure I won't be bothering you in the future. Sorry for being such a thorn in your side. I really should have gotten the hint about you not wanting to be friends any more." she says, looking a little downcast.

Smoothie

Smoothie is going to save her buzzkill-ness for later. She has nothing to add at the moment.

22. - Top - End - #1042
    Troll in the Playground

"Personal reasons." Soft says, choosing not to elaborate. "I'm going to be moving away for a long time though, barring any unforeseen circumstances, so I have to close down the bar." she says, looking a little sad as she does. "Eh, at least I can be sure I won't be bothering you in the future. Sorry for being such a thorn in your side. I really should have gotten the hint about you not wanting to be friends any more." she says, looking a little downcast.

"Yes....."
    Gwynfillion said softly keeping her eyes on Soft, trying to remain as emotionless here. "So you're going to move away and leave your younger sister here?"

23. - Top - End - #1043
    Titan in the Playground

"Yes....."
    Gwynfillion said softly keeping her eyes on Soft, trying to remain as emotionless here. "So you're going to move away and leave your younger sister here?"

"Smoothie's pretty close to being an adult, and she seems to be doing pretty well. She's got her own home, she's got friends, she's got a job, she has you to hang out with....I can't really imagine anything going wrong."
    Soft says, though Soft's short-sightedness is a pretty well defined character trait by this point, so her thinking Smoothie will be alright by herself is worth about as much as...something that's not worth anything. I'm exhausted and can't sleep for several more hours, you'll have to excuse lapses in Vocabulary.
    Last edited by Mystic Muse; 2012-05-31 at 02:08 AM.

24. - Top - End - #1044
    Troll in the Playground

The narrator shan't be excusing no one. "I see..." Gwynfillion said.

"So just like that....you're leaving, feh,"
    She said a bit too bitterly than intended.

25. - Top - End - #1045
    Titan in the Playground

The narrator shan't be excusing no one. "I see..." Gwynfillion said.

"So just like that....you're leaving, feh,"
    She said a bit too bitterly than intended.
    "Yeah, so? I thought you'd be glad to have me out of your mane." Soft said, looking at Gwyn like she'd suddenly gone crazy.

26. - Top - End - #1046
    Troll in the Playground

"Yeah, so? I thought you'd be glad to have me out of your mane." Soft said, looking at Gwyn like she'd suddenly gone crazy.

"Me too,"
    Her brows furrowed and she wondered why she was even here, she should be happy that Soft was leaving but instead she felt an emptiness, a hollowness inside.

27. - Top - End - #1047
    Troll in the Playground

"Oh...well then, there we go, newts, a spawn point for 'em, good work kid,"
    Spark said patting Garion on the shoulder.
    "That sounds good. How does being an evil enchantress sound, Heartflight? And Dawn can be the hero's girlfriend. She's cute, so it'll work."

Pyrite said with a thoughtful nod. He could get on-camera to get turned into a newt, as could the rest of the backstage crew. Everyone had a part, and it wouldn't be over-budget.
    LPs:
    Spoiler
    Show

Rune Factory 3 (Ongoing)

Azure Dreams (On Hiatus)

28. - Top - End - #1048
    Titan in the Playground

"Me too,"
    Her brows furrowed and she wondered why she was even here, she should be happy that Soft was leaving but instead she felt an emptiness, a hollowness inside.
    "So, let me get this straight. Not only are you not remotely glad to have me out of your mane, you came to my bar to say goodbye to me?" Soft paused for a moment and said probably one of the most predictable lines she could have.

"Okay, who are you and what have you done with the real Gwyn?" she asks. Clearly this was some sort of nicer evil clone. Logic? What's that?

29. - Top - End - #1049
    Troll in the Playground

"So, let me get this straight. Not only are you not remotely glad to have me out of your mane, you came to my bar to say goodbye to me?" Soft paused for a moment and said probably one of the most predictable lines she could have.

"Okay, who are you and what have you done with the real Gwyn?" she asks. Clearly this was some sort of nicer evil clone. Logic? What's that?

"Shut up...!...I-its...nothing like that...I mean...of course...I'm glad your leaving....I came here to...uh gloat on that fact, not say good bye,"
    She huffed, puffing her cheeks, stumbling over her tongue. This obviously contradicted with her comment of "Me too". "I..just...wasn't expecting something so anti climatic with this random notion to...move away." Her voice quieted down though she remained with flustered expression.
    Last edited by Benson; 2012-05-31 at 02:35 AM.

30. - Top - End - #1050
    Ogre in the Playground

"That sounds good. How does being an evil enchantress sound, Heartflight? And Dawn can be the hero's girlfriend. She's cute, so it'll work."

Pyrite said with a thoughtful nod. He could get on-camera to get turned into a newt, as could the rest of the backstage crew. Everyone had a part, and it wouldn't be over-budget.
    Heartflight nodded. "Actually, instead of newts, maybe I'm turning everypony into kittens? It has more possibilities. Work kittens, companion kittens, war kittens, flying kittens, robot kittens with laser eyes ... and Smoothie can actually turn me into a kitten as well for some scenes. Maybe a pony-turned-kitten love interest for me as well? It could be interesting."
    Show

Kitty Lacuna by Kymme

Show