New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 36 of 50 FirstFirst ... 11262728293031323334353637383940414243444546 ... LastLast
Results 1,051 to 1,080 of 1473
  1. - Top - End - #1051
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: [MLP:Fim] Bridle Shores Bar/Downtown thread 2

Quote Originally Posted by Deme View Post
    "That sounds good. How does being an evil enchantress sound, Heartflight? And Dawn can be the hero's girlfriend. She's cute, so it'll work."

Pyrite said with a thoughtful nod. He could get on-camera to get turned into a newt, as could the rest of the backstage crew. Everyone had a part, and it wouldn't be over-budget.
    Dawn nodded. "I've never actually played a love interest before, but okay," she said. It honestly wasn't something she had any knowledge or experience with, but nevermind that.
    Quote Originally Posted by TheAmishPirate
    Psychology has nothing to say on the courtship of dragons, but science will surely catch up in time.
    Spoiler: Previous Avatars!
    Show

Kitty Lacuna by Kymme

Spoiler: Characters
    Show

2. - Top - End - #1052
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Hawkflight View Post
    Heartflight nodded. "Actually, instead of newts, maybe I'm turning everypony into kittens? It has more possibilities. Work kittens, companion kittens, war kittens, flying kittens, robot kittens with laser eyes ... and Smoothie can actually turn me into a kitten as well for some scenes. Maybe a pony-turned-kitten love interest for me as well? It could be interesting."

"Kittens?.....that doesn't feel....villain-ish...I mean-"
    Spark began in protest until his sister cloud pounced on his head like a cat making him eat carpet.

"Oooh...kitties!....I like kitties...they're so soft and fluffy and yet will scratch your face off,"
    She said cheerfully and bounced off of Spark.

3. - Top - End - #1053
    Ogre in the Playground

Heartflight nodded, a slight smirk on her face. "Kittens can be made to look evil, haven't you ever seen Disney's films? That they look so cuddly and cute makes them even more insidious. Besides, robot cats with laser eyes."
    Psychology has nothing to say on the courtship of dragons, but science will surely catch up in time.
    Show

Kitty Lacuna by Kymme

Show

4. - Top - End - #1054
    Troll in the Playground

Heartflight nodded, a slight smirk on her face. "Kittens can be made to look evil, haven't you ever seen Disney's films? That they look so cuddly and cute makes them even more insidious. Besides, robot cats with laser eyes."
    "Disney films?" The young foal questioned curiously before disregarding, robot cats with laser eyes made more sense than what these des-kneee films were. ()

"Oooh...can I be a robot cat with laser eyes?"
    She asked excitedly and began to make 'pew pew' noises.

Spark recovered and glowered at his sister and then looked at Pyrite pleadingly. "Does....it have to be....kittens?"

5. - Top - End - #1055
    Titan in the Playground

Heartflight nodded. "Actually, instead of newts, maybe I'm turning everypony into kittens? It has more possibilities. Work kittens, companion kittens, war kittens, flying kittens, robot kittens with laser eyes ... and Smoothie can actually turn me into a kitten as well for some scenes. Maybe a pony-turned-kitten love interest for me as well? It could be interesting."
    Quote Originally Posted by Benson View Post
    "Disney films?" The young foal questioned curiously before disregarding, robot cats with laser eyes made more sense than what these des-kneee films were. ()

"Oooh...can I be a robot cat with laser eyes?"
    She asked excitedly and began to make 'pew pew' noises.

Spark recovered and glowered at his sister and then looked at Pyrite pleadingly. "Does....it have to be....kittens?"
    "Uh, I hate to be a buzzkill, but I feel the need to point out a few things. First of all, kittens aren't scary. At all. Even if we're trying to make the villain look campy, the villain turning people into kittens is just silly. Also, there are even more problems in the costume department with kittens than there are with cake zombies.There's no feasible way to make a robot cat with laser eyes with the budget if we can't make cake zombies with the budget. Plus, I can turn you into a newt just as well for those same scenes, newts are more classical, and they're less totally silly. Lastly, newts can't fight back whereas kittens still could, unless you were mind controlling the kittens, and if mind control enters this at any point I'm done with it." Smoothie then kinda realizes she went off on a tirade.

"So.....yeah...no kittens. It should be something incapable of fighting back, plus that sounds like a much longer movie than we have time for. It has to be between 10 and 30 minutes. Newts are also classic and would hold more appeal." Smoothie says.

Soft and Gwyn

"Fine. If you want to gloat then gloat. Get it all out, because I have no idea when we'll be seeing each other again. I"ll be coming back periodically to hang out with my fillyfriend, but I won't be able to do much more than that, and you don't exactly strike me as the type who'd like to visit if you just came here to gloat." Soft says in a matter of fact tone.

6. - Top - End - #1056
    Ogre in the Playground

Heartflight made a face. "No way, newts are disgusting," she said. "I'd rather not work with them, and I am certainly not turning into one."
    Show

Kitty Lacuna by Kymme

Show

7. - Top - End - #1057
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Mystic Muse View Post
    Soft and Gwyn

"Fine. If you want to gloat then gloat. Get it all out, because I have no idea when we'll be seeing each other again. I"ll be coming back periodically to hang out with my fillyfriend, but I won't be able to do much more than that, and you don't exactly strike me as the type who'd like to visit if you just came here to gloat." Soft says in a matter of fact tone.

She hmmph'd and tilted her muzzle away in a snobbish fashion. "Yes....that's right...I am gloating, praising your leaving. Happy that at this....crux...in life...you're...you will be gone....forever...out of my....life..." Her words towards the end began to fade, not filled with any conviction, just a hollowness.

8. - Top - End - #1058
    Titan in the Playground

Heartflight made a face. "No way, newts are disgusting," she said. "I'd rather not work with them, and I am certainly not turning into one."
    "Newts aren't all that bad." Garion piped up. "There's bunches of colorful ones in the woods, and they're nice and friendly once you feed them. Though, then they follow you back inside, and gentlecolts don't bring newts back inside the tower." Hoo boy, had Miss Gwyn made that one clear.
    I'm developing a game. Let's see what happens! Complex.

9. - Top - End - #1059
    Troll in the Playground

"Urg."

Pyrite sighed. This was just going to be bothersome.

"Heartflight, since you're a spare actress, you wouldn't be turned into a newt. You'd be doing the turning -- you asked first, so you get villain rights...And Smoothie's right. Kittens don't work....Do you have an idea that works in our time limit -- IE, does not need explaining in more than a few sentences or much developing -- that also works for a superhero plot? And is cheap enough to be managable with our war chest, factoring in that it's only part of our budget?"
    Last edited by Deme; 2012-06-01 at 07:23 AM.
    LPs:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Moemon Leafgreen (Complete)
    Long Live the Queen (Complete)
    Harvest Moon 64 (Complete)

Rune Factory 3 (Ongoing)
    Fire Emblem: Thracia 776 (Ongoing)

Azure Dreams (On Hiatus)

Quote Originally Posted by Herpestidae View Post
    I... wow. I feel like I'm in the presence of royalty. The LP Goddess herself has graced this thread with her presence. I just... what...

10. - Top - End - #1060
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by TheAmishPirate View Post
    "Newts aren't all that bad." Garion piped up. "There's bunches of colorful ones in the woods, and they're nice and friendly once you feed them. Though, then they follow you back inside, and gentlecolts don't bring newts back inside the tower." Hoo boy, had Miss Gwyn made that one clear.

"You shall now be Newt Boy, your side kick name,"
    Cloud nodded self assured.

11. - Top - End - #1061
    Titan in the Playground

She hmmph'd and tilted her muzzle away in a snobbish fashion. "Yes....that's right...I am gloating, praising your leaving. Happy that at this....crux...in life...you're...you will be gone....forever...out of my....life..." Her words towards the end began to fade, not filled with any conviction, just a hollowness.
    "Alright. Get on with it then. I know from experience you can do better than that." Soft says. They did know each other in school after all, and for a fairly long time here.

"You shall now be Newt Boy, your side kick name,"
    Cloud nodded self assured.
    "...Why Newt boy? Besides sounding really silly, it also sounds vaguely insulting." Smoothie says.

12. - Top - End - #1062
    Troll in the Playground

"Alright. Get on with it then. I know from experience you can do better than that." Soft says. They did know each other in school after all, and for a fairly long time here.
    She narrowed her eyes and and bit down on her lip. She didn't know how to retort to that comment and she so wanted to retort. She exasperatedly grunted trying to find the words but the ones she wanted, the ones full of harsh and hurtful meanings, but they did not part from her lips. She choked them back.

"...Why Newt boy? Besides sounding really silly, it also sounds vaguely insulting." Smoothie says.

"Why not newt boy? Its funner 'cuz its silly and I don't think its insulting, I think its insulting you think its insulting,"
    She said with a silly childish toothy grin, immune to the effects of Smoothie's at-will buzzkills.
    Last edited by Benson; 2012-06-02 at 02:36 AM.

13. - Top - End - #1063
    Titan in the Playground

She narrowed her eyes and and bit down on her lip. She didn't know how to retort to that comment and she so wanted to retort. She exasperatedly grunted trying to find the words but the ones she wanted, the ones full of harsh and hurtful meanings, but they did not part from her lips. She choked them back.
    Soft narrowed her eyes. "What are you really here for?" she asked Gwyn.

"Why not newt boy? Its funner 'cuz its silly and I don't think its insulting, I think its insulting you think its insulting,"
    She said with a silly childish toothy grin, immune to the effects of Smoothie's at-will buzzkills.
    Smoothie looked like she was about to have a response to that, but just shut her mouth and hung her head. Cloud saying she thought it was insulting was not the best choice of words.
    Last edited by Mystic Muse; 2012-06-02 at 08:22 AM.

14. - Top - End - #1064
    Troll in the Playground

Soft narrowed her eyes. "What are you really here for?" she asked Gwyn.

"I don't know.....I honestly don't know...."
    She withheld a sigh and softened her brow and stared at Soft with her lilac eyes for a moment. "I don't know..."

15. - Top - End - #1065
    Titan in the Playground

"I don't know.....I honestly don't know...."
    She withheld a sigh and softened her brow and stared at Soft with her lilac eyes for a moment. "I don't know..."
    Soft wasn't sure what else to say, so she decided to try and solve a mystery that's been plaguing her for a while now.

"Okay, we've established that I don't remember, so maybe you can finally answer this question. What did I do that made you stop wanting to be my friend?" Soft asks.

16. - Top - End - #1066
    Troll in the Playground

Soft wasn't sure what else to say, so she decided to try and solve a mystery that's been plaguing her for a while now.

"Okay, we've established that I don't remember, so maybe you can finally answer this question. What did I do that made you stop wanting to be my friend?" Soft asks.
    Gwynfillion softly gasped and glared as she leaned back against the chair she sat in. Her expression then turned to just staring at Soft incredulously.

"You're joking right? You really don't recall?"

17. - Top - End - #1067
    Titan in the Playground

Gwynfillion softly gasped and glared as she leaned back against the chair she sat in. Her expression then turned to just staring at Soft incredulously.

"You're joking right? You really don't recall?"
    She shakes her head. "Not one bit." Soft says truthfully. "If I knew, I'd have apologized for it by now. I never wanted to stop being friends with you, it's....just a thing that happened I guess." Soft says regretfully.

18. - Top - End - #1068
    Titan in the Playground

(Oh shooooooot thought I made this post yesterday D:)

Garion cleared his throat when the conversation lapsed, just like Mister Grills had shown him. "Why'm I called Newt Boy if I don't do anything with newts? The Wonderbolts shoot lightning, Batmare uses bat-looking things, and Spiderpony has spider powers." If nothing else, he'd grasped the concept of hero names rather quickly. He glanced back at his shield cutie mark. "I haven't done anything newty...ever, I think. Gentlecolts aren't supposed to behave like animals."
    Last edited by TheAmishPirate; 2012-06-04 at 06:28 AM.

19. - Top - End - #1069
    Troll in the Playground

"He has a point. It's bad branding for the hero and the villain to use the same tactics unless the simmilarities are part of the point. Our villainess can be Madame Le Newt, but not our heroes."

Pyrite explained thoughtfully.

"But everyone's OK with the basic casting and story? Everyone's glad with their job?"
    LPs:
    Spoiler
    Show

Rune Factory 3 (Ongoing)

Azure Dreams (On Hiatus)

I... wow. I feel like I'm in the presence of royalty. The LP Goddess herself has graced this thread with her presence. I just... what...

20. - Top - End - #1070
    Titan in the Playground

"He has a point. It's bad branding for the hero and the villain to use the same tactics unless the simmilarities are part of the point. Our villainess can be Madame Le Newt, but not our heroes."

Pyrite explained thoughtfully.

"But everyone's OK with the basic casting and story? Everyone's glad with their job?"
    Garion nodded happily. "Sidekicking sounds like a lot of fun. Helping out the hero, saving all those ponies, I like it!"

21. - Top - End - #1071
    Troll in the Playground

"It was only a joke...you not going to take a five year that seriously?...Are you?" Cloud chuckled, amused by the over thinking about her random comment made for silliness sake. Older ponies, what can ya do?

22. - Top - End - #1072
    Troll in the Playground

She shakes her head. "Not one bit." Soft says truthfully. "If I knew, I'd have apologized for it by now. I never wanted to stop being friends with you, it's....just a thing that happened I guess." Soft says regretfully.
    *double posting, not just for chumps now*

"Yes....to think we were once friends, hmmph,"
    Gwynfillion diverted her eyes away from Soft, a wan frown on her face. "You...you.....humiliated me Soft....and in such an awful way..."

23. - Top - End - #1073
    Titan in the Playground

*double posting, not just for chumps now*

"Yes....to think we were once friends, hmmph,"
    Gwynfillion diverted her eyes away from Soft, a wan frown on her face. "You...you.....humiliated me Soft....and in such an awful way..."
    "What did I do? I'm sorry I don't remember, but if you told me, maybe I could actually try and make up for it before I leave instead of you just keeping it to yourself like always." Soft says, a little irritated. Not much, because it's Soft, but a little.

"It was only a joke...you not going to take a five year that seriously?...Are you?" Cloud chuckled, amused by the over thinking about her random comment made for silliness sake. Older ponies, what can ya do?
    "...I'm not very good with jokes. At all." Smoothie responds.

Also, it's less older ponies and more just Smoothie.

24. - Top - End - #1074
    Troll in the Playground

"What did I do? I'm sorry I don't remember, but if you told me, maybe I could actually try and make up for it before I leave instead of you just keeping it to yourself like always." Soft says, a little irritated. Not much, because it's Soft, but a little

"You may have thought it was funny, hilarious even but humiliating me like that at graduation. You don't even remembering pieing me do you? Everyone laughed. My parents looked disapprovingly, my sister looked at me with that stupid smirk of hers,"
    Gwynfillion bit down on her lip wishing she didn't have to resurface those memories. She failed to hold in a tear as it fell down her cheek. Her forehooves tensed, resting on the table. "It was an important day for me, a day I could impress my parents, earn...their praise, and you ruined it for me you miserable mare."

"...I'm not very good with jokes. At all." Smoothie responds.

Also, it's less older ponies and more just Smoothie.

"Yeah. I get the feelin' you ain't,"
    Cloud said with playful sarcasm. She shrugged and bounced over to the wagon of snacks and picked up her bag of hay chips.

"So..we gonna do the fun sleepover bit now that business is over, I hope, right?"
    She asked the others with a toothy grin.
    Last edited by Benson; 2012-06-06 at 01:52 AM.

25. - Top - End - #1075
    Titan in the Playground

"You may have thought it was funny, hilarious even but humiliating me like that at graduation. You don't even remembering pieing me do you? Everyone laughed. My parents looked disapprovingly, my sister looked at me with that stupid smirk of hers,"
    Gwynfillion bit down on her lip wishing she didn't have to resurface those memories. She failed to hold in a tear as it fell down her cheek. Her forehooves tensed, resting on the table. "It was an important day for me, a day I could impress my parents, earn...their praise, and you ruined it for me you miserable mare."
    "Oh...." Yeah, Soft didn't remember that at all, or at least, not as bad as Gwyn was remembering it. Soft had made it very clear that Gwyn being her friend didn't make her off-limits for the sake of pranks, but she knew how much Gwyn's parents' approval meant to the mare, so had Soft known about that, well....this could have turned out much differently.

"Gwyn, I did that to everypony. I don't think there was a single pony in the school I hadn't pranked by the time I graduated. I recall even mentioning that you being my friend didn't mean you were off-limits. I'm sorry about your parents.....as for your sister, everypony who spends an extended period of time with her knows she's a *Unpony word* so I don't think you should be too concerned about her opinion. Soft said. Every time Soft met Gwyn's sister, she tried to prank her. That time she threw a Genderbending pie at her sister, and it lasted all day? Hilarious.

Soft didn't say anything for a bit and then asked "Is there anything I could do to make it up for you? Anything at all?"

"Yeah. I get the feelin' you ain't,"
    Cloud said with playful sarcasm. She shrugged and bounced over to the wagon of snacks and picked up her bag of hay chips.

"So..we gonna do the fun sleepover bit now that business is over, I hope, right?"
    She asked the others with a toothy grin.
    "....We really haven't decided much of anything yet I don't think. Though, if everypony agrees business time is done, I guess I'm not opposed to it."

26. - Top - End - #1076
    Troll in the Playground

"But at graduation?? What the hay was wrong with you?!"
    She may not showed, she may have pretended not to care, but a small horrible part of her did care about what her perfect sister thought. It wasn't something like her could just wish away so easily.

"I don't know. I don't think there is anything you could do to make it up. I wish I could say you're leaving of town could make it up, but it doesn't."

27. - Top - End - #1077
    Troll in the Playground

"Actually, we've decided a lot! All we need to do is decide who should write the script!"

Pyrite said. They had -- they had a rough story, all the roles cast, the decisions of how to get equipment done. That's a lot of stuff for a bunch of foals.
    LPs:
    Spoiler
    Show

Rune Factory 3 (Ongoing)

Azure Dreams (On Hiatus)

28. - Top - End - #1078
    Troll in the Playground

"I could try to write a script, I think I know what the folks who publish the Wonderbolt comics are looking for,"
    Spark said proudly, closing his eyes and puffing his chest.

29. - Top - End - #1079
    Ogre in the Playground

"Urg."

Pyrite sighed. This was just going to be bothersome.

"Heartflight, since you're a spare actress, you wouldn't be turned into a newt. You'd be doing the turning -- you asked first, so you get villain rights...And Smoothie's right. Kittens don't work....Do you have an idea that works in our time limit -- IE, does not need explaining in more than a few sentences or much developing -- that also works for a superhero plot? And is cheap enough to be managable with our war chest, factoring in that it's only part of our budget?"
    "I'm ... still not very comfortable with newts," Heartflight admitted, with a small shiver. Icky, slimy things they were, and not cute at all.

"If cost is an issue, I can possible help with that, at least a little. I do have a bit of a stipend."
    Show

Kitty Lacuna by Kymme

Show

30. - Top - End - #1080
    Troll in the Playground

"Alright. That sounds good, Spark; you're the comic-junky."

The golden colt grins affectionately. For Heartflight's comments... Pyrite thinks about this. For one, a stipend is an odd thing for a filly to have. For second, the extra money could help... But to Pyrite, it would mean abandoning his pride. He bit his inner lip.

"Money's only good if we know what we're spending it on. We need a new threat if we don't do newts."
    LPs:
    Spoiler
    Show

Rune Factory 3 (Ongoing)

Azure Dreams (On Hiatus)