New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 39 of 50 FirstFirst ... 14293031323334353637383940414243444546474849 ... LastLast
Results 1,141 to 1,170 of 1473
  1. - Top - End - #1141
    Troll in the Playground

Default Re: [MLP:Fim] Bridle Shores Bar/Downtown thread 2

Quote Originally Posted by TheAmishPirate View Post
    Garion cantered off to his side, collecting pillows and tossing them out in the center area for later use. Smoothie miiiiight want to invest in a pillow-reseting spell once this is done.

As the two foals worked, the "center" gradually shifted, until there really wasn't a center isle at all. A bit confusing, to be sure. After a veritable drought of pillows, Garion finally snatched one up off a reading chair, only to turn and find his center dropoff point missing. He scampered down the asiles, pillow in mouth, trying to get his bearings.
    Cloud in the meanwhile was just having a fun silly time, despite most of the pillows being twice her size. She did find herself with some trouble pulling them, but she managed. To her, the center was the librarian's desk where she began to make a small pile of collected pillows.

Quote Originally Posted by Deme View Post
    Pyrite dropped to the ground and sprang back up. He grabbed some ropes.

"Alright, give me your hoof so I can finish this knot?"

He looked over the whole of the contraption being assembled. It was nearly done except these knots...Which, of course, means his invention-brain was powering down. And now something was troubling him.

"Alrighty," And that's what he did, gave him his hoof to use. He himself gave the contraption a once over and wondered just how....sound it was.

2. - Top - End - #1142
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Benson View Post
    Cloud in the meanwhile was just having a fun silly time, despite most of the pillows being twice her size. She did find herself with some trouble pulling them, but she managed. To her, the center was the librarian's desk where she began to make a small pile of collected pillows.
    Well, it was Garion's first library, cut him some slack.

Still, without the familiar reference point, the colt quickly got himself turned around and hopelessly lost in the aisles. It hadn't quite occurred to him that he could've just hugged the outside wall, he just expected to find familiar ground every time he turned the corner. Only problem was, that never happened. After a while, it suddenly struck him that Cloud might be lost too. And although Grills hadn't covered "If a Lady is lost in a library", he was pretty sure that counted as being 'in need'.

"Cloud?" Garion called out (after setting his pillow down). "Cloud, are you lost?"
    I'm developing a game. Let's see what happens! Complex.

3. - Top - End - #1143
    Troll in the Playground

Well, it was Garion's first library, cut him some slack.

Still, without the familiar reference point, the colt quickly got himself turned around and hopelessly lost in the aisles. It hadn't quite occurred to him that he could've just hugged the outside wall, he just expected to find familiar ground every time he turned the corner. Only problem was, that never happened. After a while, it suddenly struck him that Cloud might be lost too. And although Grills hadn't covered "If a Lady is lost in a library", he was pretty sure that counted as being 'in need'.

"Cloud?" Garion called out (after setting his pillow down). "Cloud, are you lost?"
    There was no answer, there was deliberately no answer as a little yellow-orange pegasus 'stealthily' watched him from atop the book shelves. She stifled a giggle as she followed him, watching from above.

4. - Top - End - #1144
    Titan in the Playground

There was no answer, there was deliberately no answer as a little yellow-orange pegasus 'stealthily' watched him from atop the book shelves. She stifled a giggle as she followed him, watching from above.
    Uh oh, it was worse than he thought. She must've wandered off so far away that she couldn't hear his shouting. All alone, lost in a big, big library. What if she was scared? Oooh, he knew they shouldn't have split up. "Hang on, Cloud! I'm coming!" he yelled. He took a moment to balance the pillow on his back, before darting off further into the Library.

5. - Top - End - #1145
    Troll in the Playground

Uh oh, it was worse than he thought. She must've wandered off so far away that she couldn't hear his shouting. All alone, lost in a big, big library. What if she was scared? Oooh, he knew they shouldn't have split up. "Hang on, Cloud! I'm coming!" he yelled. He took a moment to balance the pillow on his back, before darting off further into the Library.
    It was then Cloud jumped from above and sailed on top of the pillow on his bac. "Weeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!"

6. - Top - End - #1146
    Titan in the Playground

It was then Cloud jumped from above and sailed on top of the pillow on his back. "Weeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!"
    "Ack!" Poor Garion was caught completely unawares and got flattened by the sneaky tackle. He just lay there, underneath both pillow and filly, stars running laps around his head. "No thanks...I'm full now..." he murmured in his daze.
    Last edited by TheAmishPirate; 2012-06-17 at 12:30 AM.

7. - Top - End - #1147
    Troll in the Playground

"Ack!" Poor Garion was caught completely unawares and got flattened by the sneaky tackle. He just lay there, underneath both pillow and filly, stars running laps around his head. "No thanks...I'm full now..." he murmured in his daze.

"Hahah.....that was fun,"
    She giggled as she hopped off him. She turned around and toothily smiled at him. "You okay Garion? Tee hee."

8. - Top - End - #1148
    Titan in the Playground

"Hahah.....that was fun,"
    She giggled as she hopped off him. She turned around and toothily smiled at him. "You okay Garion? Tee hee."
    Garion shook the stars away from his noggin; he was certain he heard something rattling loose in there. "I'm okay...wait, Cloud?" He rubbed his eyes, nope, the filly was still there. "Where did you come from? I thought you were lost, and you weren't answering, so I yelled some more, but you didn't answer, and now you're right there?" He looked up, checking for secret doors or passageways in the upper shelves. You never could tell, libraries were tricky things, filled with tricky books.

9. - Top - End - #1149
    Troll in the Playground

Garion shook the stars away from his noggin; he was certain he heard something rattling loose in there. "I'm okay...wait, Cloud?" He rubbed his eyes, nope, the filly was still there. "Where did you come from? I thought you were lost, and you weren't answering, so I yelled some more, but you didn't answer, and now you're right there?" He looked up, checking for secret doors or passageways in the upper shelves. You never could tell, libraries were tricky things, filled with tricky books.

"I came from the top of the book shelves, I wanted 'ta surprise ya,"
    She giggled and picked up the pillow he had,

10. - Top - End - #1150
    Titan in the Playground

"I came from the top of the book shelves, I wanted 'ta surprise ya,"
    She giggled and picked up the pillow he had,
    Garion glanced up at the high shelves, all trespasses and pillows immediately forgotten. "You got that high? How'd you do that? Climb? Fly? Jump?" He reared up against the shelf, trying to figure out how he'd climb such a thing. How did one even climb with hooves? Life's great mysteries right there.

11. - Top - End - #1151
    Troll in the Playground

Garion glanced up at the high shelves, all trespasses and pillows immediately forgotten. "You got that high? How'd you do that? Climb? Fly? Jump?" He reared up against the shelf, trying to figure out how he'd climb such a thing. How did one even climb with hooves? Life's great mysteries right there.

"There's a ramp ladder thingy over there,"
    She pointed at a vaguely defined 'over there'. "And I used my foalish capabilities that really make no sense."

12. - Top - End - #1152
    Titan in the Playground

"There's a ramp ladder thingy over there,"
    She pointed at a vaguely defined 'over there'. "And I used my foalish capabilities that really make no sense."
    "Over there?" Garion tried peeking through the shelves and saw, guess what, more shelves. "I was just over there, and I didn't see...no, wait, maybe it was over...no..." He turned around and around, trying to get his bearings again. Cloud's mastery of foalish nonsense had the young colt baffled beyond belief. Finally, he gave up and simply asked her, "Can I see the ramp ladder thingy?"
    Last edited by TheAmishPirate; 2012-06-18 at 01:32 AM.

13. - Top - End - #1153
    Troll in the Playground

"Over there?" Garion tried peeking through the shelves and saw, guess what, more shelves. "I was just over there, and I didn't see...no, wait, maybe it was over...no..." He turned around and around, trying to get his bearings again. Cloud's mastery of foalish nonsense had the young colt baffled beyond belief. Finally, he gave up and simply asked her, "Can I see the ramp ladder thingy?"

"But that would ruin the fun, for me,'
    She said with a sigh and then stared at him with her good eye, her other eye going, well, essentially what Derpy is known for appearance wise.

"But fine...I guess,"
    She then lead him down a couple of shelves until they came across medium sized ramp ladder to help reach the top shelves of books.

14. - Top - End - #1154
    Titan in the Playground

"But that would ruin the fun, for me,'
    She said with a sigh and then stared at him with her good eye, her other eye going, well, essentially what Derpy is known for appearance wise.

"But fine...I guess,"
    She then lead him down a couple of shelves until they came across medium sized ramp ladder to help reach the top shelves of books.
    (Been re-thinking the character of Garion quite a bit, so he may start acting slightly different as I get a better feel on him.)

Garion let out a low whistle of appreciation and tested his footing on the first rung. He'd never seen such a thing before. Not surprising, seeing how he had maybe two weeks worth of memory to draw on. He climbed, he bounced, he jumped, he trotted in place, all experimenting and getting a feel for the big structure. Nodding to himself, he pulled his pillow (which he'd dragged all the way here) over next to Cloud and balanced it on his back. "Do you think you could tie this on my back somehow?"

15. - Top - End - #1155
    Troll in the Playground

(aye)

"I don't know.....do ya have rope or something for tyin'?"
    She asked, not even bothering to ask why. She was who she was.

16. - Top - End - #1156
    Titan in the Playground

(aye)

"I don't know.....do ya have rope or something for tyin'?"
    She asked, not even bothering to ask why. She was who she was.
    "No...but I've got my tail!" He wiggled it around slightly. Without anypony to teach him how to properly use his tail as an Earth Pony, a short wag was about all he could do with it. "Could you tie it up with that?"

(I'd imagine his tail is about CMC length, so not all that long. Maybe if Cloud cheats somehow, she could do it. )

17. - Top - End - #1157
    Troll in the Playground

"No...but I've got my tail!" He wiggled it around slightly. Without anypony to teach him how to properly use his tail as an Earth Pony, a short wag was about all he could do with it. "Could you tie it up with that?"

(I'd imagine his tail is about CMC length, so not all that long. Maybe if Cloud cheats somehow, she could do it. )

"Ooooooooh, how clever'..............yes, let's use your tail,"
    She nodded her head quickly and proceeded to sorta...somehow tie the pillow with tail using cartoon antics. Alas, her tail tying skills were not top notch, but it looked good to her. "There we go, I think yer ready."

18. - Top - End - #1158
    Titan in the Playground

"Ooooooooh, how clever'..............yes, let's use your tail,"
    She nodded her head quickly and proceeded to sorta...somehow tie the pillow with tail using cartoon antics. Alas, her tail tying skills were not top notch, but it looked good to her. "There we go, I think yer ready."
    Garion gave another wag to ensure the pillow was safe and secure. Good enough for now. "There; now it won't fall off." And with that, he started climbing up the ramp-ladder, pillow-tail and all.

19. - Top - End - #1159
    Troll in the Playground

Garion gave another wag to ensure the pillow was safe and secure. Good enough for now. "There; now it won't fall off." And with that, he started climbing up the ramp-ladder, pillow-tail and all.

"Woo, you can do...whatever it is that your doing Garion,"
    She reared up and cupped her mouth with both fore hooves and cheered.

20. - Top - End - #1160
    Titan in the Playground

"Woo, you can do...whatever it is that your doing Garion,"
    She reared up and cupped her mouth with both fore hooves and cheered.
    Garion climbed and climbed and climbed and climbed until he reached the top of the shelves. He stared up, taking in the sight of the huge library from a new perspective. From here, you could see the vast rows of aisles, stretching out below your hooves. Above, the second floor towered above you like some sort of giant. From up here, a pony could truly get the sense of scale of a place like this. Garion leaned over the side, heights momentarily forgotten amidst the wonder of it all. "Cloud, Cloud! You have to come see this!"

21. - Top - End - #1161
    Troll in the Playground

"Imma lookin'! I'm a lookin'!"
    She said hopping and down waiting for him to do something awesome and stuff.

22. - Top - End - #1162
    Titan in the Playground

Garion slapped a hoof over his face, a maneuver he'd seen Miss Gwyn pull all too often. "No, no, I mean, climb on up! You can see everything from here!"

23. - Top - End - #1163
    Troll in the Playground

Garion slapped a hoof over his face, a maneuver he'd seen Miss Gwyn pull all too often. "No, no, I mean, climb on up! You can see everything from here!"

"Yea, I know what it looks like...but okay fine,"
    She sighed and climbed up to join him. 'Its perty cool."

24. - Top - End - #1164
    Titan in the Playground

"Yea, I know what it looks like...but okay fine,"
    She sighed and climbed up to join him. 'Its perty cool."
    Garion looked at her like she'd grown a second head. "Pretty cool? It's amazing!" Garion sat in wide-eyed wonder, and would've shook his tail in excitement were it not tied up in a pillow right now. "I've never seen anything like it. It's all big and huge and giant and...and big!"

25. - Top - End - #1165
    Troll in the Playground

Garion looked at her like she'd grown a second head. "Pretty cool? It's amazing!" Garion sat in wide-eyed wonder, and would've shook his tail in excitement were it not tied up in a pillow right now. "I've never seen anything like it. It's all big and huge and giant and...and big!"

"Yea, I guess its a pretty big library, at least bigger than my old school's...which I thought was big, 'til I found out's not that big,"
    She nodded observing her current surroundings.

26. - Top - End - #1166
    Titan in the Playground

"Yea, I guess its a pretty big library, at least bigger than my old school's...which I thought was big, 'til I found out's not that big,"
    She nodded observing her current surroundings.
    Garion nodded for a moment, then stopped and looked at Cloud in wonder. "Really?! You've been in a school? What's it like?" he asked eagerly. He remembered seeing the big red building on one of his trips into town with Miss Gwyn, but she'd only told him it was a place ponies sat and learned things. Sounded both interesting and really boring; there had to be something more to it than that. Unfortunately, Question Time had ended shortly thereafter.

27. - Top - End - #1167
    Troll in the Playground

"Alrighty," And that's what he did, gave him his hoof to use. He himself gave the contraption a once over and wondered just how....sound it was.
    Well, with that, it was mostly done...But something was bugging Pyrite now that it was.

"Hey, where'd Smoothie go?"

He looked around. She had sort of wandered off without telling anyone.
    LPs:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Moemon Leafgreen (Complete)
    Long Live the Queen (Complete)
    Harvest Moon 64 (Complete)

Rune Factory 3 (Ongoing)
    Fire Emblem: Thracia 776 (Ongoing)

Azure Dreams (On Hiatus)

Quote Originally Posted by Herpestidae View Post
    I... wow. I feel like I'm in the presence of royalty. The LP Goddess herself has graced this thread with her presence. I just... what...

28. - Top - End - #1168
    Troll in the Playground

Garion nodded for a moment, then stopped and looked at Cloud in wonder. "Really?! You've been in a school? What's it like?" he asked eagerly. He remembered seeing the big red building on one of his trips into town with Miss Gwyn, but she'd only told him it was a place ponies sat and learned things. Sounded both interesting and really boring; there had to be something more to it than that. Unfortunately, Question Time had ended shortly thereafter.

"Its okay, I guess, not so much when you have mean bullies call you mean names though every day,"
    Her ears and shoulders drooped as she sighed. But afterwards they reseted themselves. "But, because we moved here, I'mma going to a new school, with nicer ponies, so its all, good."

Well, with that, it was mostly done...But something was bugging Pyrite now that it was.

"Hey, where'd Smoothie go?"

He looked around. She had sort of wandered off without telling anyone.
    "I dunno, somewhere in the library. I hope she knows that this party is also for her," He said a little upset about her anti social ways, it eventually did get annoying at some point for him, but he kept his cool about it.

29. - Top - End - #1169
    Troll in the Playground

"Well, why don't we ask her what she wants to do, and leave your sister and Garion to the catapult?"

Pyrite...He wasn't upset, so much as he sighed inwardly. He had grown up trying to make as much space for himself as possible, and not just accepting whatever space he could take...in the back. That was how he felt, anyway. So it was worth it to ask what she wanted.

"The thing's done, you guys!" He called out to wherever they were.
    LPs:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Moemon Leafgreen (Complete)
    Long Live the Queen (Complete)
    Harvest Moon 64 (Complete)

Rune Factory 3 (Ongoing)
    Fire Emblem: Thracia 776 (Ongoing)

Azure Dreams (On Hiatus)

Quote Originally Posted by Herpestidae View Post
    I... wow. I feel like I'm in the presence of royalty. The LP Goddess herself has graced this thread with her presence. I just... what...

30. - Top - End - #1170
    Titan in the Playground

"Its okay, I guess, not so much when you have mean bullies call you mean names though every day,"
    Her ears and shoulders drooped as she sighed. But afterwards they reseted themselves. "But, because we moved here, I'mma going to a new school, with nicer ponies, so its all, good."
    Garion frowned. "What? Why would there be mean bool-ies and mean names? Nopony would go if school was like that-"

"The thing's done, you guys!" He called out to wherever they were.
    And then Pyrite went and cut off further uncomfortable questions. "Oh! Our catapult-thing is done!"