New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 43 of 50 FirstFirst ... 18333435363738394041424344454647484950 LastLast
Results 1,261 to 1,290 of 1473
  1. - Top - End - #1261
    Troll in the Playground

Default Re: [MLP:Fim] Bridle Shores Bar/Downtown thread 2

"Hey, if he wants to help a lost soul if he sees one, that sounds pretty good. I'll start working on hook-attachable scissors... I'll even give you a discount!"

He said, laughing cheerfully. But he was serious about selling those scissors.
    LPs:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Moemon Leafgreen (Complete)
    Long Live the Queen (Complete)
    Harvest Moon 64 (Complete)

Rune Factory 3 (Ongoing)
    Fire Emblem: Thracia 776 (Ongoing)

Azure Dreams (On Hiatus)

Quote Originally Posted by Herpestidae View Post
    I... wow. I feel like I'm in the presence of royalty. The LP Goddess herself has graced this thread with her presence. I just... what...

2. - Top - End - #1262
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Mystic Muse View Post
    "Garion, scary stories are almost never true." Smoothie tells him to try and calm him down a little.
    "Well...well I'd still do it if I saw one." he concluded with a firm nod.

Quote Originally Posted by Deme View Post
    "Hey, if he wants to help a lost soul if he sees one, that sounds pretty good. I'll start working on hook-attachable scissors... I'll even give you a discount!"

He said, laughing cheerfully. But he was serious about selling those scissors.
    Garion laughed along too. Not too sure why, it wasn't something he saw Miss Gwyn do often. But it looked fun, and it felt like a pleasant tickling down in his belly. "I'll keep this town safe from bad ponies giving bad mane cuts, I promise!" he declared, putting a hoof over his heart like Mister Grills did sometimes.
    I'm developing a game. Let's see what happens! Complex.

3. - Top - End - #1263
    Titan in the Playground

"So, does anypony have any stories that are more...bone-chilling or nightmare inducing?" Smoothie asks, frankly a little disappointed with Cloud's "Scary" story. "Maybe this is just an indication of how long it's been since I've been to anything resembling one of these, but I thought the idea was to scare each other or attempt to give each other nightmares." she says.

4. - Top - End - #1264
    Ogre in the Playground

Heartflight had returned with Smoothie, and lay down for the scary story. Dawn, meanwhile, had been there the whole time. Heartflight levitated over some snacks, and listened to the story. She gasped when it reached its conclusion, then frowned discontentedly.

"*GASP!* ....Wait, that's not very scary at all," she commented.
    Quote Originally Posted by TheAmishPirate
    Psychology has nothing to say on the courtship of dragons, but science will surely catch up in time.
    Spoiler: Previous Avatars!
    Show

Kitty Lacuna by Kymme

Spoiler: Characters
    Show

5. - Top - End - #1265
    Titan in the Playground

((We're moving this to the Time Bubble thread because it's taking a little too long to be a mainthread plot.))

6. - Top - End - #1266
    Titan in the Playground

Next pony day. Smoothie's room.

Smoothie's room was built to be, and was a fairly private place. It was warded against all forms of intrusion including magical, it was soundproofed, and the door had about ten different locks. She generally didn't mind associating with ponies, but when she wanted her privacy, she was adamant about not being stopped.

Today, she was working with the gem she got from Simmer named "Shale" and trying to find out more about it. It was an odd being. After all, creating sapience should be beyond the likes of even the princesses, which just raised more questions about Shale's creator. Questions Smoothie had asked and Shale had been unable to answer.

Today, due to the gem not properly interacting with her armor, she was simply wearing it around her neck again and sitting in her chair by the fire place. The room was being kept magically cool due to it being a hot day, and Smoothie was just sitting after another dead end.

"So, what would you like to try now?" she asked.

7. - Top - End - #1267
    Pixie in the Playground

Next pony day. Smoothie's room.

Smoothie's room was built to be, and was a fairly private place. It was warded against all forms of intrusion including magical, it was soundproofed, and the door had about ten different locks. She generally didn't mind associating with ponies, but when she wanted her privacy, she was adamant about not being stopped.

Today, she was working with the gem she got from Simmer named "Shale" and trying to find out more about it. It was an odd being. After all, creating sapience should be beyond the likes of even the princesses, which just raised more questions about Shale's creator. Questions Smoothie had asked and Shale had been unable to answer.

Today, due to the gem not properly interacting with her armor, she was simply wearing it around her neck again and sitting in her chair by the fire place. The room was being kept magically cool due to it being a hot day, and Smoothie was just sitting after another dead end.

"So, what would you like to try now?" she asked.
    "I'd like to try some of whatever it was you were eating earlier, but since I lack a digestive system, that would be something of a feat, would it not? Oh...why was I instilled with curiousity at all?"

Shale's voice was dripping with sarcasm. Whatever experiments had been going on, they hadn't improved its mood.
    Last edited by sildra45; 2012-07-28 at 07:27 PM.

YIM: supersilverdraco Skype: supersilverdraco AIM: supersilverdraco

8. - Top - End - #1268
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by sildra45 View Post
    "I'd like to try some of whatever it was you were eating earlier, but since I lack a digestive system, that would be something of a feat, would it not? Oh...why was I instilled with curiousity at all?"

Shale's voice was dripping with sarcasm. Whatever experiments had been going on, they hadn't improved his mood.
    "So, you'd much rather be a normal pony than stuck as a consciousness inside of a gem?" She asks it. They might be able to get somewhere with that, or at least pass a little more time.

9. - Top - End - #1269
    Pixie in the Playground

"So, you'd much rather be a normal pony than stuck as a consciousness inside of a gem?" She asks it. They might be able to get somewhere with that, or at least pass a little more time.
    "What? Me, a pony? That sounds quite fetching, actually. Able to move around without having to borrow somepony's neck, or trying to animate some facsimile. Able to eat, sleep, drink...and generally be merry? Yes, that would be a wonderful boon. It's not like I exactly enjoy being a motionless rock that relies completely on whosoever is my master at the time....no offense to you...master Smoothie."

10. - Top - End - #1270
    Titan in the Playground

"What? Me, a pony? That sounds quite fetching, actually. Able to move around without having to borrow somepony's neck, or trying to animate some facsimile. Able to eat, sleep, drink...and generally be merry? Yes, that would be a wonderful boon. It's not like I exactly enjoy being a motionless rock that relies completely on whosoever is my master at the time....no offense to you...master Smoothie."
    "Well, we could try and do something about that. Probably a dead end, but it's not like we haven't already run into plenty of those already. I guess first thing would be to determine what kind of pony you wan to be if we can even manage this." Smoothie says, pulling some random books off her shelves and taking looks through them.

If Shale can see them, it would notice the books look...kind of unpleasant. Smoothie doesn't appear to be looking at conventional magic for this purpose.

11. - Top - End - #1271
    Pixie in the Playground

"Well, we could try and do something about that. Probably a dead end, but it's not like we haven't already run into plenty of those already. I guess first thing would be to determine what kind of pony you wan to be if we can even manage this." Smoothie says, pulling some random books off her shelves and taking looks through them.

If Shale can see them, it would notice the books look...kind of unpleasant. Smoothie doesn't appear to be looking at conventional magic for this purpose.
    "What kind of pony? You mean between the three castes? Earth, Pegasus, or Unicorn. Well, I can safely say I'd be fine if I never performed another spell in my existence. And....that looks rather unsavory."

He'd seen a spell a she flipped through the books that made his glow turn pukish in color.

"You could ask me for spells too, you know. I just can't go looking for them without being asked."

12. - Top - End - #1272
    Titan in the Playground

"What kind of pony? You mean between the three castes? Earth, Pegasus, or Unicorn. Well, I can safely say I'd be fine if I never performed another spell in my existence. And....that looks rather unsavory."
    "Kind of has to be. You don't exactly find body creating or soul transferring in normal spells." Smoothie points out. This room is apparently where she put the restricted books. Either that, or Smoothie has a very odd book collection."So, Earth Pony or Pegasus then?" she asks.

He'd seen a spell a she flipped through the books that made his glow turn pukish in color.
    Smoothie had likewise seen the same spell, and her expression didn't change at all.

"
    "You could ask me for spells too, you know. I just can't go looking for them without being asked."
    "Alright. Do you have any spells that would help in creating a body or transferring you to one? Because we're not transferring you to somebody who's alive, or somebody who's deceased." Smoothie says.

"...I suddenly feel like I'm doing a very morbid experiment for some sort of super villain school." she says in a deadpan tone as she continues to look through the book.
    Last edited by Mystic Muse; 2012-07-28 at 07:53 PM.

13. - Top - End - #1273
    Pixie in the Playground

"Kind of has to be. You don't exactly find body creating or soul transferring in normal spells." Smoothie points out. This room is apparently where she put the restricted books. Either that, or Smoothie has a very odd book collection."So, Earth Pony or Pegasus then?" she asks.

Smoothie had likewise seen the same spell, and her expression didn't change at all.

"Alright. Do you have any spells that would help in creating a body or transferring you to one? Because we're not transferring you to somebody who's alive, or somebody who's deceased." Smoothie says.

"...I suddenly feel like I'm doing a very morbid experiment for some sort of super villain school." she says in a deadpan tone as she continues to look through the book.
    "Searching."

His glow turned a purplish hue this time, and if Smoothie tried to 'tune in' to him, she'd hear something like elevator music.

"Section: Creation. Subsection: Physical. Category: Biological."

And a 'hologram' of several books appeared in front of Smoothie, all of them specializing in the creation of biological entities...though none seemed to have a lick of information about how they were to be sentient. Seems all the writers were only ever able to make 'blanks', as it were.

14. - Top - End - #1274
    Titan in the Playground

"Searching."

His glow turned a purplish hue this time, and if Smoothie tried to 'tune in' to him, she'd hear something like elevator music.

"Section: Creation. Subsection: Physical. Category: Biological."

And a 'hologram' of several books appeared in front of Smoothie, all of them specializing in the creation of biological entities...though none seemed to have a lick of information about how they were to be sentient. Seems all the writers were only ever able to make 'blanks', as it were.
    Smoothie quickly scans each of the "pages" in the books. Time for a studying montage!

*Some time later*

"...Good god is this going to be difficult. Most of these things I've never even heard of, a few things might be extinct, and one or two are just plain dangerous to get. Even if it worked, I'd still need a soul transferring spell, or it's just a meat puppet." Smoothie says frustrated. She lays back in her chair so that she won't feel quite as stiff as she currently does.

"I don't suppose Nightshine installed any soul transferring spells into you? That could save a little time." Smoothie asks, not expecting any results.

15. - Top - End - #1275
    Pixie in the Playground

Smoothie quickly scans each of the "pages" in the books. Time for a studying montage!

*Some time later*

"...Good god is this going to be difficult. Most of these things I've never even heard of, a few things might be extinct, and one or two are just plain dangerous to get. Even if it worked, I'd still need a soul transferring spell, or it's just a meat puppet." Smoothie says frustrated. She lays back in her chair so that she won't feel quite as stiff as she currently does.

"I don't suppose Nightshine installed any soul transferring spells into you? That could save a little time." Smoothie asks, not expecting any results.
    After a little more elevator music.

"Unfortunately, it seems souls aren't among my stores of things affectable by spells."

16. - Top - End - #1276
    Titan in the Playground

After a little more elevator music.

"Unfortunately, it seems souls aren't among my stores of things affectable by spells."
    "That's exactly what I suspected." Smoothie says, sighing. "Probably another dead end then. None of this is standard unicorn magic, hence why I need ingredients, and it's unlikely I have anything in here that has rituals with applications that dark." Now may be a good time to ask why Smoothie has those kinds of books in the first place. "There's always the chance Dr. Magic could pull it off with his friends on the other side, but that's one of those "Yes, but" deals, and the drawbacks can be extreme." she explains. She still had what, three different deals she needed to follow through on? And she didn't know what the consequences might be if she didn't. Though, the things she had to do weren't particularly malignant.

17. - Top - End - #1277
    Pixie in the Playground

"That's exactly what I suspected." Smoothie says, sighing. "Probably another dead end then. None of this is standard unicorn magic, hence why I need ingredients, and it's unlikely I have anything in here that has rituals with applications that dark." Now may be a good time to ask why Smoothie has those kinds of books in the first place. "There's always the chance Dr. Magic could pull it off with his friends on the other side, but that's one of those "Yes, but" deals, and the drawbacks can be extreme." she explains. She still had what, three different deals she needed to follow through on? And she didn't know what the consequences might be if she didn't. Though, the things she had to do weren't particularly malignant.
    "Would you know anypony that specializes in Alchemy perhaps? Wouldn't be worth searching for the soul transfer spell if there can't be a body."

18. - Top - End - #1278
    Titan in the Playground

"Would you know anypony that specializes in Alchemy perhaps? Wouldn't be worth searching for the soul transfer spell if there can't be a body."
    "...Well, I happen to know of one pony, but this would all be very hard to explain, and I think she's a little busy right now. Plus, I have the distinct feeling she wouldn't want to be caught up in this, but I'll send her a letter." Smoothie says and starts writing a letter to Gwyn.

Spoiler
    Show

"Hey, I need a little help with a rather unconventional request. It's an odd combination of alchemy and ritual magic, and I figure a pony of your expertise would know more about pulling it off than me. Just tell me when you're not busy and we can set up a meetup, but it's not extremely important right now." it says

She begins looking through her other books for a soul transferring spell in the meantime.

19. - Top - End - #1279
    Pixie in the Playground

"...Well, I happen to know of one pony, but this would all be very hard to explain, and I think she's a little busy right now. Plus, I have the distinct feeling she wouldn't want to be caught up in this, but I'll send her a letter." Smoothie says and starts writing a letter to Gwyn.

Spoiler
    Show

"Hey, I need a little help with a rather unconventional request. It's an odd combination of alchemy and ritual magic, and I figure a pony of your expertise would know more about pulling it off than me. Just tell me when you're not busy and we can set up a meetup, but it's not extremely important right now." it says

She begins looking through her other books for a soul transferring spell in the meantime.
    "I myself am still curious about that armor, though. While I was attatched to Simmer, I never had that much of a drain upon my magical reserves."

20. - Top - End - #1280
    Titan in the Playground

"I myself am still curious about that armor, though. While I was attatched to Simmer, I never had that much of a drain upon my magical reserves."
    "Okay. So what does that tell you about my armor?" she asked, taking a look over it. If she'd put a little more effort into working out (AKA, at all.) she could probably wear it. Maybe she should ask Spark to help her train.

21. - Top - End - #1281
    Pixie in the Playground

"Okay. So what does that tell you about my armor?" she asked, taking a look over it. If she'd put a little more effort into working out (AKA, at all.) she could probably wear it. Maybe she should ask Spark to help her train.
    "You mean aside from the fact it absorbs magic like a thirstry pony would absorb water? Not much."

22. - Top - End - #1282
    Titan in the Playground

"You mean aside from the fact it absorbs magic like a thirstry pony would absorb water? Not much."
    "Hmm. If it absorbs Magic, then maybe...." Smoothie decided to cast a quick bolt of lightning at the armor to see if it looked like the lightning bolt got absorbed, or roughly similar to how it looked when she blasted Simmer with lightning. The Bolt itself wasn't too strong, and it was fairly accurate, so it wouldn't damage any of the surroundings unless the armor did something funky to it.

23. - Top - End - #1283
    Pixie in the Playground

"Hmm. If it absorbs Magic, then maybe...." Smoothie decided to cast a quick bolt of lightning at the armor to see if it looked like the lightning bolt got absorbed, or roughly similar to how it looked when she blasted Simmer with lightning. The Bolt itself wasn't too strong, and it was fairly accurate, so it wouldn't damage any of the surroundings unless the armor did something funky to it.
    The bolt collided with the armor...and vanished. After a few moments, the armor itelf started to spark and sputter, little fragments of electrical charges flowing around and over it. Not very strong, but it seemed to be staying that way.

"Well that was interesting. We didn't blow up, so that's good news."

24. - Top - End - #1284
    Titan in the Playground

The bolt collided with the armor...and vanished. After a few moments, the armor itelf started to spark and sputter, little fragments of electrical charges flowing around and over it. Not very strong, but it seemed to be staying that way.

"Well that was interesting. We didn't blow up, so that's good news."
    "Yes. Well, looks like I inadvertently enchanted the armor. Hmmm, what can I do with this..." Smoothie asked out loud as a rhetorical question. "Well, if I were a super villain, I could probably enchant it to be my golem minion." Smoothie says, in a tone indicating she has no intention of doing that. "I should probably get to the point where I'm physically fit enough to wear the armor before I decide what I want to do with it." Smoothie says and begins making plans.

For now, she goes to put the armor on just to see exactly how much working out she needs to do before that even becomes viable.

25. - Top - End - #1285
    Pixie in the Playground

"Yes. Well, looks like I inadvertently enchanted the armor. Hmmm, what can I do with this..." Smoothie asked out loud as a rhetorical question. "Well, if I were a super villain, I could probably enchant it to be my golem minion." Smoothie says, in a tone indicating she has no intention of doing that. "I should probably get to the point where I'm physically fit enough to wear the armor before I decide what I want to do with it." Smoothie says and begins making plans.

For now, she goes to put the armor on just to see exactly how much working out she needs to do before that even becomes viable.
    Touching it didn't induce any shocks, so it obviously knew who was the boss, as it were.

"Might I make a suggestion? If you figure out how to remove the lightning effect, perhaps you could charge it with a feather spell."

26. - Top - End - #1286
    Titan in the Playground

Touching it didn't induce any shocks, so it obviously knew who was the boss, as it were.

"Might I make a suggestion? If you figure out how to remove the lightning effect, perhaps you could charge it with a feather spell."
    "I'm aware I could do that, but it strikes me as a bad idea. I need to pay more attention to my body anyway, and if it's too heavy for me to wear at its normal weight, then all it takes is one spell for the armor to turn from a benefit into a liability." Smoothie says, managing to put all of the plate armor on.

She tried moving a little, but it probably didn't work very well. She did her best to move onto a scale to see how much more she weighed with the armor on than without it.

((No idea how much Smoothie weighs when normal. Just wondering how much the armor weighs.))

27. - Top - End - #1287
    Pixie in the Playground

"I'm aware I could do that, but it strikes me as a bad idea. I need to pay more attention to my body anyway, and if it's too heavy for me to wear at its normal weight, then all it takes is one spell for the armor to turn from a benefit into a liability." Smoothie says, managing to put all of the plate armor on.

She tried moving a little, but it probably didn't work very well. She did her best to move onto a scale to see how much more she weighed with the armor on than without it.

((No idea how much Smoothie weighs when normal. Just wondering how much the armor weighs.))
    [[ It's over 9000!!!!!!! I had to. ]]

After some math, the armor by itself weighed around 110lbs.

"I can tell you right now that's nowhere near Simmer's weight class. Then again, his had been special made to not only be strong, but it was thicker too."

28. - Top - End - #1288
    Titan in the Playground

[[ It's over 9000!!!!!!! I had to. ]]

After some math, the armor by itself weighed around 110lbs.

"I can tell you right now that's nowhere near Simmer's weight class. Then again, his had been special made to not only be strong, but it was thicker too."
    "How much did Simmer weigh?" Smoothie asks just out of curiosity. Man, that was an effort even making it over here. She immediately took her armor off and put it back on the mannequin with her magic. Yeah, she definitely needed to work on her body a little.

"And do you know why his was thicker?" she asked.

29. - Top - End - #1289
    Pixie in the Playground

"How much did Simmer weigh?" Smoothie asks just out of curiosity. Man, that was an effort even making it over here. She immediately took her armor off and put it back on the mannequin with her magic. Yeah, she definitely needed to work on her body a little.

"And do you know why his was thicker?" she asked.
    "His armor alone weighed 250lbs. I don't know how much Garion ever weighed though, seeing a he'd add to the total weight. But considering how big he was, that wasn't something to laugh at. And from what I could glean from his memories, his armor had been made thick so that it wouldn't keep any spells used on it. The thickness made it into an anti-magic armor instead. Simmer couldn't make use of this fact because he WAS the armor, and Summer will have that same problem."

30. - Top - End - #1290
    Titan in the Playground

"His armor alone weighed 250lbs. I don't know how much Garion ever weighed though, seeing a he'd add to the total weight. But considering how big he was, that wasn't something to laugh at. And from what I could glean from his memories, his armor had been made thick so that it wouldn't keep any spells used on it. The thickness made it into an anti-magic armor instead. Simmer couldn't make use of this fact because he WAS the armor, and Summer will have that same problem."
    "Aaaah. So the thickness of the material affects what it's good for. That's an interesting little detail. It was still vulnerable to magical lightning though, so it still has its drawbacks. I wonder if there's any easy non-magical way to simply remove that little trait from the armor...." she dives back into her thoughts.