New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 22 of 50 FirstFirst ... 12131415161718192021222324252627282930313247 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #631
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: My Little Pony XXIX: The Spoilers have been DOUBLED!

Okay, here's the question:

We've had our Luna episode. So when do we see her again? What role does she have in this setting that would necessitate her appearance again?

2. - Top - End - #632
    Bugbear in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by PhantomFox View Post

We've had our Luna episode. So when do we see her again? What role does she have in this setting that would necessitate her appearance again?
    Honestly, I wouldn't expect to see her again soon or often. There are main characters and recurring background characters, but I can't remember any plot-significant characters that had appearances in several episodes other than Celestia and maybe Zecora
    Last edited by Eakin; 2011-10-24 at 01:36 PM.
    Proof-reading is totally unnecessary in the digital age now that we have spell cheque.

Pony thread's official Element of Youtube

3. - Top - End - #633
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Eakin View Post
    Honestly, I wouldn't expect to see her again soon or often. There are main characters and recurring background characters, but I can't remember any plot-significant characters that had appearances in several episodes other than Celestia and maybe Zecora
    If the animators feel like being awesome, they could show Luna in the background when we see Celestia receiving Twilight's letters. There's at least an assumption that they're in the palace together.
    School Fox by Atlur

Quote Originally Posted by The Giant View Post
    Anarion's right on the money here.
    Quotes

"Man is least himself when he talks in his own person. Give him a mask, and he will tell you the truth.”
    Oscar Wilde Writer & Poet (1891)

4. - Top - End - #634
    Firbolg in the Playground

GnomeWizardGuy

Quote Originally Posted by goose1009 View Post
    Hey guys, not sure if this is the right place to ask this, but I dont see anywhere else that would be more fitting. So here we go.

We have a guy at work who tried to leave work early (we're military) to go home and watch My Little Pony. And hes getting ridiculed endlessly for it. Now, i dont know what the big deal with this show is. I have a 6 year old daughter and shes grown out of her Pony watching days so I havent seen any of the new series.

What about this new show is so endearing to adult males? Im curious and am by no means talking down about it. We all love what we love and that works for us. All part of being a geek, i just want to know what the big deal is.

I really appreciate anybody who is able to shed some light on this for me. Thank you.

Goose
    It is well written with some interesting characters. It isn't the "anvils and tea parties" that most people think when they imagine children's cartoons. The show is written and designed with adult audiences in mind, with the idea that they could watch it with their children, and so there is something there for older people to enjoy as well.

This isn't just me making stuff up, either. The writers have specifically said that they intended the material to be enjoyable to people watching it of all ages, despite its intended demographic. They also intended for the show to avoid being a stereotypical "girl show" and so handled material naturally and maturely, rather than just whatever silly reason came to mind for the week.
    Quote Originally Posted by darthbobcat View Post
    There are no bad ideas, just bad execution.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Thank you to zimmerwald1915 for the Gustave avatar.
    The full set is here.

Air Raccoon avatar provided by Ceika
    from the Request an OotS Style Avatar thread

A big thanks to PrinceAquilaDei for the gryphon avatar!
    original image

5. - Top - End - #635

Quote Originally Posted by EsperDerek View Post
    Exxccceellleentt.
    [IMG][/IMG]

*hugs* Me too, me too. But let's give this one a great denouement first, and wow everypony!
    Heh, heck yes.

I have a great partner, and so I'm driven to do it right.
    I feel fire in my cheeks what have you done oh Celestia
    O//////////O

Quote Originally Posted by Aotrs Commander View Post
    So. Birthday so far. Been basically as ropey as I'd expected, all in all.

The carpet was due at 3 o'clock (and came about twenty to four), meaning that Mum couldn't run me into my appointment, so I had to drive. Everything on telly this morning was a repeat of a repeat of a repeat, and with half the dining room furniture in there, I couldn't even spend the time - as I have in the past, watching telly. (Well, to be fair, Mum would have let me watch some DVDs or something, but then she'd not have had anywhere to sit, and she's very tired again today (she suffers from chronic fatigue/FM), so I'd have felt a bit guilty.) I couldn't settle to anything in my bedroom (didn't very restfully meditate last night, either), with whittling a bit about my appointment, especially knowing I'd have to drive in (and I hate driving). So, when I drove in, I managed to stall on a hill about three times (I hate that clutch) and missed the carpark I was aiming for (since it was the first time I'd driven into town); paid for the parking only to discover that the meter had "no change given" in extremely small letter (so paid £4 parking).

The only marginal plus at that point, was the person I had to see saw me early, and actually came across as something resembling a human (almost an affacble human), as opposed to a Little Hitler like the previous one. (Also, apparently, he was going to be the new guy to see from now on, since the last woman "wasn't going to be in for a while". Uh-huh. I wonder why that might be...) This meant I at least got back before the rush-hour traffic hit, and at least the carpet had arrived once I'd got back and was fitted.

So, I have literally just re-set up the PC, so I haven't had time to check on the ten-odd pages of pony yet (that'll come later!) Another hour or so, and my sister will be back from work, and we can do my presents1 in about the fifteen minutes before it's time for me to go out to roleplaying.

Rather a good job, one feels, we elected to hold my birthday tea with the extended family on Wednesday...

I dread to think how badly the monster are going to do tonight, especially as the PCs are all really sore about the struggle the ten CR 8 Illithids gave their six level 14 arses last week....!

1Assuming I have any, of course; we have always been raised not to expect presents, so as not be properly grateful for those we do get (i.e. not get a sense of entitlement about it.) However, this is statistically unlikely, as we've never not had any, but with the day I've had...!
    I know it’s a little belated, but still. Happy Birthday Commadore!

Quote Originally Posted by Anarion View Post
    Hey all,

So, I don't know how many people in here follow Starcraft, but apparently at Blizzcon, a pony fan who goes by the name of Gary Oak on the Teamliquid forums met up with Day[9] and gave him a Fluttershy toy as a gift. Everyone is hoping that Day[9] talks about the show on his daily tomorrow (Tuesday).

Here's a link to some Blizzcon photos (note the MLP shirt):
    http://s20.photobucket.com/albums/b2...cpZZ1QQtppZZ20
    Huh. I’ll definitely have to keep an eye on this.

Quote Originally Posted by Lix Lorn View Post
    Urge to ship. Rising.
    Hey mr penguin sir? Can I ship you and Braz in a joking and non serious way?[/not taking any risks]
    I really hope he says yes.

Unfortunately I don’t think there’s much of one. I could see her showing up maybe as often as Celestia, but due to Twilight’s special connection with Celestia over Luna, it will still be most likely significantly less. Unfortunately, I really only foresee her once, maybe twice more before the end of the season; and only with one or two lines at that.
    Last edited by Titanium Fox; 2011-10-24 at 01:43 PM.
    Avatar by DirtyTabs in the Adopt-A-Pony thread.

Thank you all so much for voting!
    Co-Winner of Rainbow Dash in the Playground!
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by TheAmishPirate View Post
    For your dedication to ponies and giving us all entertainment with your quote tree o' doom, I hereby award you the Louisianan Purchase. How can I do that? Long story short, let's just say I picked a doozy of a poker game to go "all in".

6. - Top - End - #636
    Orc in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by kpenguin View Post
    The Modguin: A reminder to everyone that linking illegally uploaded copyrighted material is not acceptable on this forum.
    Sowwy. I removed the links I found in my earlier post.

Pony Dreams
    Spoiler
    Show

I don't have time to catch up on the thread properly, just wanted to say that I had an awesome pony dream lol. It was sort of a voluntary version of the matrix being run in a space station on the moon. I haven't read any fanfics like it either.

All the ponies were in suspended animation so they could play in a virtual Equestria while aging much more slowly. Something happened, and some not-so-nice folks found it. Remember when we were talking about ponies taking out milspec hardware? What's even more awesome than that? Half a dozen pastel-colored ponies neutralizing half a dozen "super star destroyer" type ships with a rainbow. They didn't destroy them, just disabled them and then Twilight "OP" Sparkle teleported the enemy fleet back home. Oh, and that rainbow friendship beam? Does NOT play nice with technology. Pretty much just turns it off. The fleet commanders had a very nice "Uh oh" moment as their expensive space bricks spent a few dozen seconds free-falling toward the lunar surface before they got sent Away.

It was pretty epic. I'm writing it down here during my lunch break in a rambling "gotta get it written down" mode so I don't forget.

Anyway, see you later ponies.
    Happy Trixie Appreciation Day!

PonyFort: IC and OOC threads.

7. - Top - End - #637
    Titan in the Playground

Didn't a recent interview say something to the effect of "you'll get enough Luna to make you happy"? I can not imagine that being said with a straight face if we only get one episode. Could only happen if they didn't know anything about us at all. From that I'd have to expect her to show up in every single episode from now on... but that's probably just me so a little less, but definitely more than this one episode?

Maybe she'll show up instead of Celestia in some scenes, because Celestia is busy or whatever... or drop by to talk to Twilight about magic or something... Twilight is often up late studying anyway.

8. - Top - End - #638
    Dwarf in the Playground

My Xenomonies are evolving! Yay!

Spoiler
    Show

Better quality but flippin' huge:
    Spoiler
    Show

I <3 my Camera knowing how clear the pictures are. :3

No sea pony is safe now. :D

Also, my pony drawing skills are teh suck.

Does anypony have some good tutorials?

I tried all the ones in the OP but I'm still not getting something.
    Last edited by Dirtbag; 2011-10-24 at 03:45 PM.

9. - Top - End - #639
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Vent Reynolt View Post

Beware the stare!
    EEEEP
    (goes to write)
    Recent Homebrew: The Socialite | The Crystalline: Memory Altering Construct Race | Sanguine Hand, a ToB Discipline of blood and cruelty
    Homebrew Signature | NEW Homebrew Collection
    Thanks to all my avatar artists, especially to Paisley for my avatar of Vivian, cowardly cryophoenix.
    Quote Originally Posted by Thanqol View Post
    It's like the feng shui version of an orbital death laser.

10. - Top - End - #640

Time to head to work, everypony, I'm working nights this week. I'll probably see you all in the morning!

11. - Top - End - #641

Quote Originally Posted by Tectonic Robot View Post
    Rp
    Spoiler
    Show
    "Hey! What do you think you're doing! I thought you said you didn't do stuff like that!"
    Pillowfort
    Spoiler
    Show
    A very frazzled unicorn nearby comments "Shhhh, some of us are having fun watching."

12. - Top - End - #642

Quote Originally Posted by Eakin View Post
    You know, that emoticon makes me think that Pinkie really is very much like a friendly Eldritch Abomination. It reminded me of the theory that Kirby of Nintendo fame is basically a friendly one too. That got me thinking...

-loves to eat
    -pink
    -frequent costume/outfit changes
    -lives in a super happy sacharine world

I thing Pinkie Pie may actually BE Kirby
    Oooooooh! Does that mean that I get the powers of whatever I gobble up?! Awesome! I can't wait to try it out! But what should I try it on first? Oh oh oh! Cake! I love Cake! But what kind of power does cake give? Oh! I know! I'll make cupcakes! Maybe I can even get Rainbow Dash to help!

Also, thanks Gadora for getting all those ponymotes up!
    Happy Trixie Appreciation Day!

Old Avatars:
    Spoiler
    Show

Stormpony Avatar by Dirtytabs

13. - Top - End - #643
    Troll in the Playground

"Oh, I know that can't be true. Everyone know that magically splicing together creatures that by all rights shouldn't be able to have children was declared illegal after the fly-pony debacle some three hundred years ago!'
    "I was spliced, Midnight wasn't."

Quote Originally Posted by Vent Reynolt View Post
    What he said. Blueblood II is from Esper's Guide to dating fic. He is traditionally portrayed by Inkwell, and has a huge ham factor. He's also completely infatuated with Midnight (who isn't).
    Leo isn't.

Quote Originally Posted by Aotrs Commander View Post
    So. Birthday so far. Been basically as ropey as I'd expected, all in all.

The carpet was due at 3 o'clock (and came about twenty to four), meaning that Mum couldn't run me into my appointment, so I had to drive. Everything on telly this morning was a repeat of a repeat of a repeat, and with half the dining room furniture in there, I couldn't even spend the time - as I have in the past, watching telly. (Well, to be fair, Mum would have let me watch some DVDs or something, but then she'd not have had anywhere to sit, and she's very tired again today (she suffers from chronic fatigue/FM), so I'd have felt a bit guilty.) I couldn't settle to anything in my bedroom (didn't very restfully meditate last night, either), with whittling a bit about my appointment, especially knowing I'd have to drive in (and I hate driving). So, when I drove in, I managed to stall on a hill about three times (I hate that clutch) and missed the carpark I was aiming for (since it was the first time I'd driven into town); paid for the parking only to discover that the meter had "no change given" in extremely small letter (so paid £4 parking).

The only marginal plus at that point, was the person I had to see saw me early, and actually came across as something resembling a human (almost an affacble human), as opposed to a Little Hitler like the previous one. (Also, apparently, he was going to be the new guy to see from now on, since the last woman "wasn't going to be in for a while". Uh-huh. I wonder why that might be...) This meant I at least got back before the rush-hour traffic hit, and at least the carpet had arrived once I'd got back and was fitted.

So, I have literally just re-set up the PC, so I haven't had time to check on the ten-odd pages of pony yet (that'll come later!) Another hour or so, and my sister will be back from work, and we can do my presents1 in about the fifteen minutes before it's time for me to go out to roleplaying.

Rather a good job, one feels, we elected to hold my birthday tea with the extended family on Wednesday...

I dread to think how badly the monster are going to do tonight, especially as the PCs are all really sore about the struggle the ten CR 8 Illithids gave their six level 14 arses last week....!

1Assuming I have any, of course; we have always been raised not to expect presents, so as not be properly grateful for those we do get (i.e. not get a sense of entitlement about it.) However, this is statistically unlikely, as we've never not had any, but with the day I've had...!
    Hope your birthday gets better!

Also, I'd love to talk some GSB with you some time.

"Oh, sorry. That's pretty useful and-"
    Blink blink.
    "Seriously?"
    (Seriously? IC that's a good thing but from a narrative point of view...)
    "We've rescued a few Autocthons and Lyteks from collapsing universes. That plus having a few eons to get it right. It's not without cost though. It's very painful, and it'll reset your Exaltation to brand new state. You'll have to start all over again."

Spoiler
    Show
    *Midnight twitches in irritation, as Candles tries to scold and question her. Again. She casts a sharp glare at the priest.

"Between this and you nearly ruining my very nice moment with Jade, do you, like, follow me around just to question everything I do? It's starting to get on my nerves."
    Where are Midnight and Jade right now? Still in Cuddlefort or what?
    Thanks to Dirty Tabs for the Travis pony.

Spoiler
    Show

Thanks to A Thousand Words for the My Little Simhata avatar, and thanks to Trixie for fixing the cropping.

Breakdown Twilight from Pony Halloween celebration, thanks to Thanqol.

Thanks to Akrim.Elf for the awesome Laharl pony.

14. - Top - End - #644
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Kris Strife View Post
    "We've rescued a few Autocthons and Lyteks from collapsing universes. That plus having a few eons to get it right. It's not without cost though. It's very painful, and it'll reset your Exaltation to brand new state. You'll have to start all over again."
    "Wow!"
    (Blech. Do not want.)
    Recent Homebrew: The Socialite | The Crystalline: Memory Altering Construct Race | Sanguine Hand, a ToB Discipline of blood and cruelty
    Thanks to all my avatar artists, especially to Paisley for my avatar of Vivian, cowardly cryophoenix.

15. - Top - End - #645
    Retired Mod in the Playground Retired Moderator

Urge to ship. Rising.
    Hey mr penguin sir? Can I ship you and Braz in a joking and non serious way?[/not taking any risks]
    Uh... okay?

You guys really needn't act so nervous around me. Just because I have the blue letters under my name doesn't mean I'm a hair-trigger authoritarian meanieface or anything.

In general, the moderation squad is quite... moderate.

And, besides, I'm just a friendly young Cali boy at heart.
    Visit the Chocolate Hammer IRC channel!
    (IRC Joining Guide Here!)

16. - Top - End - #646
    Ogre in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show
    *Midnight twitches in irritation, as Candles tries to scold and question her. Again. She casts a sharp glare at the priest.

"Between this and you nearly ruining my very nice moment with Jade, do you, like, follow me around just to question everything I do? It's starting to get on my nerves."
    Yeah, pillowfort, woo.
    Spoiler
    Show
    "Er, The Patron kind of does want me to follow you around. It's really kind of odd. But, er, don't you feel that what you're doing is kind of sketchy? Even just a little?"

Quote Originally Posted by Istari View Post
    Pillowfort
    Spoiler
    Show
    A very frazzled unicorn nearby comments "Shhhh, some of us are having fun watching."
    pillowfort, still
    Spoiler
    Show
    "But... what if he's not having a pleasant time?"

17. - Top - End - #647
    Titan in the Playground

Uh... okay?

You guys really needn't act so nervous around me. Just because I have the blue letters under my name doesn't mean I'm a hair-trigger authoritarian meanieface or anything.

He's using reverse psychology to lure out the dissidents so he knows who to banish. Run while you still can!!

Oddly fitting lesson from Luna episode. Sometimes it's just more fun to be scared. You could try addressing us in the traditional royal canterlot voice and see what happens though.
    School Fox by Atlur

Quotes

"Man is least himself when he talks in his own person. Give him a mask, and he will tell you the truth.”

18. - Top - End - #648
    Ettin in the Playground

Hey guys, not sure if this is the right place to ask this, but I dont see anywhere else that would be more fitting. So here we go.

We have a guy at work who tried to leave work early (we're military) to go home and watch My Little Pony. And hes getting ridiculed endlessly for it. Now, i dont know what the big deal with this show is. I have a 6 year old daughter and shes grown out of her Pony watching days so I havent seen any of the new series.

What about this new show is so endearing to adult males? Im curious and am by no means talking down about it. We all love what we love and that works for us. All part of being a geek, i just want to know what the big deal is.

I really appreciate anybody who is able to shed some light on this for me. Thank you.

Goose
    Yeeg. Feel sorry for the poor guy, but good on you for at least looking for the answer rather than beating up on him.

For myself at least, it's kind of a combination of the following:

• Great animation (facial expressions are hillarious)
    • Surprisingly deep characters
    • Decent stories, with lessons that are actually applicable for all people.
    • A combination of good jokes, slapstick, and shout outs to keep episodes entertaining

And yes, even though the lessons are all about friendship (and people will probably cringe at the idea of being taught that by pastel ponies), they do it very well in the show. They don't often smack it in your face.

Loyalty to one's friends, being generous by giving of yourself to friends in need, looking after them when they are down, inspiring them when they are scared. These are all useful tips on maintaining friendships that are not limited to just 5yo's

I also appreciate that the show doesnt limit itslef to just the one side of each of these lessons. For example, generosity to your friends is good, but at the same time it does teach that you shouldn't give to excess in doing so. There's also a lesson tucked in there about not being overly critical about a sincerely given gift, even if you don't want it.

Here's a couple more reviews that say things more comprehensively than I could:

CR's MLP G4 Retrospective

SF Debris MLP Review (This one mostly focuses on the opening two parter until the last few minutes, and is not as overly positive as other reviews I've seen, but that's probably because it's one of those "snark as you watch it" reviews.)

And yeah, as for what your friend see in it? As a military person, I suspect that the aspects of loyalty, and camraderie amongst a tight-knit group of friends may be something that resonates with him. Not to mention that it does have its funny/awesome/sad moments as well. (Of course, this is just me speculating)

Right, back to ponies...

There is no mind control. Go back to your fun.
    Yesss ... Master
    Last edited by BlasTech; 2011-10-24 at 03:45 PM.

19. - Top - End - #649
    Titan in the Playground

Uh... okay?

Relax! how can we relax! You hold the fate of us all in your hooves!

....I need better crazy Twilight emotes.
    Last edited by Forum Explorer; 2011-10-24 at 03:40 PM.
    Spoiler: I'm a writer!
    Show
    Spoiler: Check out my fanfiction[URL="https://www.fanfiction.net/u/7493788/Forum-Explorer"
    Show
    here[/URL]
    ]Fate Stay Nano: Fate Stay Night x Magical Girl Lyrical Nanoha

I Fell in Love with a Storm: MLP

Procrastination: MLP

Spoiler: Original Fiction
    Show
    The Lost Dragon: A story about a priest who finds a baby dragon in his church and decides to protect them.

20. - Top - End - #650
    Titan in the Playground

Uh... okay?

You hear that?! He said he's a hair-trigger authoritarian meanieface! RUN!

*bops self on head*

Er, right. Be calm. Got it. *ahem* Back to adorable ponies then.

Ep 4? (to be safe)
    Spoiler
    Show

WHY DO I NEVER TIRE OF THIS NEW BEST PONY?

Also, this is the best reaction video. That is all.

Ye Olde Cuddlefort
    Spoiler
    Show

"Er, The Patron kind of does want me to follow you around. It's really kind of odd. But, er, don't you feel that what you're doing is kind of sketchy? Even just a little?"
    A hatch slowly and silently opens up behind Candles. A dark blue hoof peeks up like a periscope, and makes a zipping motion; silence is required from the other ponies. It pops back down, then snakes back to Candle's tail, holding a note and a safety pin. Being careful not to alert the other pony, the note is fastened to Candle's tail, and the hoof retracted, but not before leaving him a bottle of root beer.

The note reads:
    Spoiler
    Show
    dear ponee (soree don't no yur naym)
    theese is good ponees. yuu shood git huggs.
    -Paytron
    ps hear is root beer. is good

Clearly, the perpetrator is a master of stealth and subtlety. Tracking him down will be nearly impossible. Good thing that Amish pony has an airtight alibi; he's just been rooting around inside this hatch here the whole time. Cross one suspect off the list.

Last edited by TheAmishPirate; 2011-10-24 at 03:51 PM.
    I'm developing a game. Let's see what happens! Complex.

21. - Top - End - #651
    Troll in the Playground

Hmm. Well I'm a member of both forums so... A fanbase link is in order

Artistic talent of one of the members of that forum.

Spoiler
    Show

EDIT: Link fixed.

NOTE: The forum I linked is quite embattled with some existing RC users, but that's not surprising given the leniency of mods in that particular subforum.

EDIT: I am not a brony. I'm just on good diplomatic terms.

EDIT: In D&D terms, Helpful but not Fanatic.
    Last edited by gooddragon1; 2011-10-24 at 04:04 PM.
    There is no emotion more useless in life than hate.

22. - Top - End - #652

Quote Originally Posted by Dexam View Post
    This has captured Luna's personality perfectly:

Spoiler
    Show
    You mean that's not how your games of Risk go?
    Quote Originally Posted by Dexam View Post
    @Gadora:

Spoiler
    Show

^ *hugs Deadly*
    Thank you. It's rather nice seeing all the positive response to that post– useful for fighting a few of my myriad insecurities.
    Quote Originally Posted by Grif View Post
    Random thought of the day.

I actually preferred the old opening intro to the new, revised one. For one thing, the theme song seemed to have got cluttered by unnecessary instruments in the new rendition. The old just sounds cleaner, more in the spirit of the show I feel.

The train looks a little out of place as well, since in the two episodes we seen so far, it has not been shown yet. However, I'll admit they're probably using it to showcase the minor characters of the show, aka the CMC and possibly some others.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dirtbag View Post
    You made them! :D
    I'm preeeetty sure I didn't make the Twimotes. The Seekrit Pony Projekt emotes, sure, but that was really just a matter of re-sizing someone else's vectors. On that note, I notice that he's got a new set up; anyone have a recommendation for a free program that's easy to do batch resizes with? I'd rather not spend quite so much time on this set if it's easily avoidable.

Goose
    Really, what I have to say has already been said: most people come for the ponies, but stay for the bronies. And, while I can sympathize, trying to ditch work early for Pony is seriously not proper. You can tell him that I went "tut tut" at him, should you so desire, but please don't be too hard on the guy, 'tis a good show, after all.
    Quote Originally Posted by Neoseanster View Post

This is fantastic, I really hated needing to try and get the links for the emotes from imgur.
    These ponies telling me I'm awesome are putting a bit of a spring in my step. Thank you for letting me know of your approval.
    Quote Originally Posted by Brazen Shield View Post
    They sit at home and pout wait till the mods aren't mad at them anymore?
    Nope, They simply sit at home. Unlike many sites, bans are permanent. Makes them a rather serious thing. It does take a bit to earn the ban though, and the mods really do take bannings quite seriously.
    You could be waiting a while.
    Do I need to join in on the staring? We can take shifts if you'd like.

Urge to ship. Rising.
    Not going to ask Braz?
    EEEEP
    (goes to write)
    Yay!

@Kurgan You're welcome. I rather glad to get such a positive response.

Quote Originally Posted by TheAmishPirate View Post
    You hear that?! He said he's a hair-trigger authoritarian meanieface! RUN!
    *Panics*

Mild Ep4 Spoiler, I guess
    Spoiler
    Show
    We definitely need a Chicken Pie emote for statements like that one.

@KPenguin Not really much to say, other than "Hi!" It's been a while since you ponied with us, any chance of you returning anytime soon?

23. - Top - End - #653
    Colossus in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Anarion View Post
    Hey all,

So, I don't know how many people in here follow Starcraft, but apparently at Blizzcon, a pony fan who goes by the name of Gary Oak on the Teamliquid forums met up with Day[9] and gave him a Fluttershy toy as a gift. Everyone is hoping that Day[9] talks about the show on his daily tomorrow (Tuesday).

Here's a link to some Blizzcon photos (note the MLP shirt):
    http://s20.photobucket.com/albums/b2...cpZZ1QQtppZZ20
    I follow Starcraft! And Day9 is great! And a merger of Husky and Ponies would be the best thing ever. I was actually going to say merging Psy and Ponies, but that... might... well, uh... It'd be hilarious but it'd probably be against forum rules to talk about the results.

24. - Top - End - #654
    Dwarf in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Gadora View Post
    I'm preeeetty sure I didn't make the Twimotes. The Seekrit Pony Projekt emotes, sure, but that was really just a matter of re-sizing someone else's vectors. On that note, I notice that he's got a new set up; anyone have a recommendation for a free program that's easy to do batch resizes with? I'd rather not spend quite so much time on this set if it's easily avoidable.
    :/ I made them, but I don't care for credit. So you made them. :D

As for batch jobs in resizing, Photoshop.

If you want, I can do it. One droplet and it's done in 10 seconds flat.

25. - Top - End - #655
    Dwarf in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by EsperDerek & Titanium
    Rarity's Night
    Just wanted to thank you both and commend you on (another) well-crafted piece of storytelling.

Quote Originally Posted by the_druid_droid View Post
    It's Seft/Frogstart! Huzzah! How are you, man?
    Holy Floating Hats on Toast! Someone’s actually talking to me? Doing okay, Thanks.

(Confused as to how I warrant a "Huzzah!", but that's just the underlying sense of self-loathing talking. It'll pass.)

"Y'know, there's such a thing as being too honest."

No dude, no. You sound awesome. You are now a witch earth pony, Terry Pratchett style. If it's ok with you, I mean. Because your awesome in my book.
    Seft’s shameful confession, no spoilers.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Frogstart:*Struts & poses arrogantly* "Haha! Yeah! Damn Straight!" *brief prideful smirk in Seft's direction*
    Y'know, he was obnoxious enough already; he didn't need unfounded praise.
    "You know you love me really - I'm Awesome!"
    *facehoof* Oh brother.

If I knew how to RP that, I'd definitely do it. Unfortunately, I'm not too familiar with Pratchett witches, as my only exposure comes from Equal Rites, and I'm fairly sure they probably underwent revisions in the later books.

"Wait! He called me awesome twice!"
    So?
    "That means the awesome has been dou..." ... If you promise to stop this nonsense here and now, I'll let you have some time in the cuddlefort.
    *blinks.* "Sweet! Watch out, hug fortress! Here comes the frog-pony!"

I think my inner editor needs something to occupy him - I just spent the best part of two freakin' hours writing and editing this one measly post!

Hug Fortress
    Spoiler
    Show
    A cloud of dust appears on the horizon, getting nearer and nearer at an almost unnatural rate. Inches from the fortress' glorious plush architecture, something within screeches to a halt.

As the dust clears, an earth pony is revealed, panting heavily. His coat is largely khaki-green, with large patches of darker or lighter greens and some dark grey. (essentially, the same pattern as my current frogatar. Really need to get around to getting that made...)
    His flank proudly bears this; in white.
    He falls to his knees, wheezing and spluttering as he desperately tries to regain his breath. ”Hug… fortress!” *pant, gasp* “wootage!” *wheeze*

Formerly Seft Sirag, now an an unusual desert.

26. - Top - End - #656
    Ogre in the Playground

I follow Starcraft! And Day9 is great! And a merger of Husky and Ponies would be the best thing ever. I was actually going to say merging Psy and Ponies, but that... might... well, uh... It'd be hilarious but it'd probably be against forum rules to talk about the results.
    *looks back and forth suspiciously*

Destiny cloud fist build.

Cmon, you just play for thors.

Because they're awesome!
    Protect Humanity
    Enslave the gods

27. - Top - End - #657
    Titan in the Playground

Uh... okay?

I'm paranoid. I love this forum too much to risk it.
    (Ships BrazPenguin)

Quote Originally Posted by Gadora View Post
    Not going to ask Braz?
    I DOUBT she will mind. If she does I will stop.

28. - Top - End - #658

Quote Originally Posted by Callos_DeTerran View Post
    I'm using the linked one, but when I tried to export a HD version the file was...not a picture. xD
    That's weird. Using this version, both the regular and hi-res export work fine for me on both my newish Win7 desktop and old WinXP laptop.

Is your Flash Player up to date?
    Blue Star Topaz is my name
    Equestria's my station
    The Elements define my creed
    The Herd's my destination

29. - Top - End - #659
    Colossus in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowy View Post
    *looks back and forth suspiciously*

Destiny cloud fist build.

Cmon, you just play for thors.

Because they're awesome!
    THOR IS HERE.

I'm looking forwards to Heart of the Swarm, where they make the Thor an enormous, AoE singular unit. What it always should have been!

30. - Top - End - #660
    Titan in the Playground

THOR IS HERE.

I'm looking forwards to Heart of the Swarm, where they make the Thor an enormous, AoE singular unit. What it always should have been!
    I'm a fan of the tempest personally. Looks sweet, combos well with the rest of the protoss units.

Hm, should get a starcraft ponytar made at some point. I will need to consider this carefully.
    School Fox by Atlur

Quotes