New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 29 of 50 FirstFirst ... 4192021222324252627282930313233343536373839 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #841
    Troll in the Playground

Default Re: My Little Pony XXIX: The Spoilers have been DOUBLED!

Quote Originally Posted by Strife Warzeal View Post
    If that doesn't work try this: (level 5 cute hazard)
    Spoiler
    Show
    Level 5? Haw bad can it-HNNNNNNNGG-
    Last edited by SlyGuyMcFly; 2011-10-25 at 02:18 PM.
    Truth resists simplicity.

2. - Top - End - #842
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Raz_Fox View Post
    November's almost here.

It's around this time each year that I figure out what I like, and what I need, and how I can best rearrange my schedule so that I can simultaneously be a student/writer/big-brother/scout/person-who-sleeps-upon-occasion-and-doesn't-drink-coffee. And I've come to the realization that I'm going to have to cut out a huge chunk of Internet, especially the chunk of Internet that I'm half-addicted to checking every five minutes to see what's new, because that's killer for writing. Heck, I'd say it's the reason that Heroics and the Lion and the Unicorn have been taking so long to finish.

Add in the fact that I've been feeling, well, distinctly guilty as of late around here, and feeling like I've been more of a hindrance than a boon, and that I've got a reputation for being pony-obsessed already, and the fact that I've got college-apps to worry about, and then there's the speed issue...

What I'm trying to say is that I'm going to be going cold Pinkie on Ponythread for the next five weeks, if not longer. You guys are absolutely amazing, but I'm too flawed, as of right now, to add Ponythreader to the list of everything else I've got, because Ponythreader tends to push and shove at everything else.

I've been proud to be posting here for almost an entire year now; it's been at least ten months. Those ten months flew, but now, I feel that to invest more of myself here, rather than in my writing and academic work, is counter-intuitive and will ultimately be the sacrifice of long-term achievement for short-term pleasure, which is something I often struggle with. So... there's that, then. Be well, y'all.

(And for those of you who want to contact me, and don't hate my guts, I am freely emailable. Now that I've checked the "receive email from Playgrounders" option that I didn't know I had unchecked because I'm an idiot. Link's in my profile.)
    good luck and hope to see you soon. If you still feel to pressured about time perhaps you should take a look at the everyman sleep schedule? It really worked for me
    Spoiler: I'm a writer!
    Show
    Spoiler: Check out my fanfiction[URL="https://www.fanfiction.net/u/7493788/Forum-Explorer"
    Show
    here[/URL]
    ]Fate Stay Nano: Fate Stay Night x Magical Girl Lyrical Nanoha

I Fell in Love with a Storm: MLP

Procrastination: MLP

Spoiler: Original Fiction
    Show
    The Lost Dragon: A story about a priest who finds a baby dragon in his church and decides to protect them.

3. - Top - End - #843
    Ogre in the Playground

For those who decide to leave us, always remember that you are always welcome here.

4. - Top - End - #844
    Bugbear in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Titanium Fox View Post
    Rarity's Night
    Spoiler
    Show
    "You know, that's what I thought when I saw you coming down the walkway, but I laughed it off. There was no way, it was just a resemblance."

She still hadn't turned back to face Midnight, instead opting to look out the window upon the still rising sun, her features shrouded in a resounding light which her pristine white coat only served to amplify.

"But you know, Spike came over, and he was worried sick. I'm pretty sure he was only over here to fawn over Rarity again. But he saw those flowers, and I'm pretty sure his little mind started churning, coming to the same conclusion I was coming to."

She sighed.

"Except he didn't see his little sister coming down the path in a suit a few hours before. I had to lie to him Midnight. Lie to his face, tell him everything was alright."

She turned, her hoof gently pressing against the floor, a faint echo flowing through the room as her eyes met the scared, nervous filly before her.

"Do you have any idea how much that hurt to have to do?"

Her eyes quickly fell to the floor, a soft sigh escaping her lips.

"You're right. I don't understand, and I'm not sure if I can. All I know is that you took my sister somewhere, and did something romantic. Something to be shared by two ponies in love."

She paused for a second, and the silence in the air between the two was beyond deafening. Each breath hung in the air, being absorbed into the tension between the two. A white coated filly, arguing against a trusted lifelong friend. A purple mare, who thought first and foremost with her heart.

She couldn't go through all of this. Midnight couldn't go through all of this. There had to be a better way.

"...So talk to me. Help me understand."
    Rarity's Night
    Spoiler
    Show
    *Midnight felt a pang of guilt. She had simply assumed that Sweetie learning of this was mere coincidence, that she had only learned of what was going on when she saw her stepping through the door with her sister.

But no. She had known, practically right from the start. Known, and had even covered for her, lied to Spike, knowing the truth would hurt him terribly. Her big brother.

"I..." How could she explain this, though? Sweetie Belle deserved to know, and she was one of Midnight's friends! Heck, the Cutie Mark Crusaders had babysit her on more than one occasion! To have the tension between them would be unbearable. She had hurt somepony she cared about with this, and the guilt bit deeply into her.

But how could she describe this? How could she...

Midnight paused for a moment. One could not adequately describe what had happened with words, but memories...

She recalled the spell that her Momma had once used, before she was even born, to save her friends from Discord's manipulations. A memory spell. Her horn glowed gently, as she summoned forth that night. Both her memories, and Rarity's own, for in that special place, they had been one, and had known what the other had thought and felt.

She stepped forwards, touched the tip of her horn to Sweetie's own, and released the spell into her. To help her understand...

We're going to miss you around here Raz. If it makes any difference I don't see you as flawed or see any reason you need to feel guilty. You're an awesome person, and I'm personally extremely sad to see you go. Just like with Scion though, I completely understand; real life comes first.

Just remember we'll always be here if you ever want to stop back in and chat for a while.
    Gotta agree here. Real life always takes precedence, but you're not flawed, and you shouldn't feel guilty, Raz. You have to do what you have to do, that's all. I'll be sad to see you go, just like Scion, but do what you need to to make your life right.

5. - Top - End - #845
    Ettin in the Playground

November's almost here.

It's around this time each year that I figure out what I like, and what I need, and how I can best rearrange my schedule so that I can simultaneously be a student/writer/big-brother/scout/person-who-sleeps-upon-occasion-and-doesn't-drink-coffee. And I've come to the realization that I'm going to have to cut out a huge chunk of Internet, especially the chunk of Internet that I'm half-addicted to checking every five minutes to see what's new, because that's killer for writing. Heck, I'd say it's the reason that Heroics and the Lion and the Unicorn have been taking so long to finish.

Add in the fact that I've been feeling, well, distinctly guilty as of late around here, and feeling like I've been more of a hindrance than a boon, and that I've got a reputation for being pony-obsessed already, and the fact that I've got college-apps to worry about, and then there's the speed issue...

What I'm trying to say is that I'm going to be going cold Pinkie on Ponythread for the next five weeks, if not longer. You guys are absolutely amazing, but I'm too flawed, as of right now, to add Ponythreader to the list of everything else I've got, because Ponythreader tends to push and shove at everything else.

I've been proud to be posting here for almost an entire year now; it's been at least ten months. Those ten months flew, but now, I feel that to invest more of myself here, rather than in my writing and academic work, is counter-intuitive and will ultimately be the sacrifice of long-term achievement for short-term pleasure, which is something I often struggle with. So... there's that, then. Be well, y'all.

(And for those of you who want to contact me, and don't hate my guts, I am freely emailable. Now that I've checked the "receive email from Playgrounders" option that I didn't know I had unchecked because I'm an idiot. Link's in my profile.)
    Take care mate. I may soon have to undergo the same hiatus. (Exams in March-April. HUHUHUHU!) Then again, my presence here is minimal at best, so yeah, not much difference there.

As for IRC clients, there are many free IRC clients to use. I personally used to use ChatZilla which is free.

6. - Top - End - #846

Quote Originally Posted by Gadora View Post
    Aye, we were merely echoing thee as a way to say we find thy reasoning most satisfactory.

Hast thou aught to that thou would recommend for IRC clients?
    Quote Originally Posted by Grif View Post
    As for IRC clients, there are many free IRC clients to use. I personally used to use ChatZilla which is free.
    Personally I recommend XChat 2, or if you use a ton of instant messengers already (I use AIM, MSN, Yahoo, and GTalk), Pidgin. Because having /all/ of that in one place is awesome.

Quote Originally Posted by Dirtbag View Post
    Speaking of IRC, do you guys have a Mumble server? If not, why not?

I know GiTP has a Mumble server but their is no pony channel. :(
    ...You know if I'm working on an IRC project I may as well do something with Mumble too.

The awesome part is this is all going to be hosted on a legitimate rack mount server with pony stickers on it.

I HEREBY DUB THYSELF SERVER BRONY. AHOY!

Quote Originally Posted by Grif View Post
    Take care mate. I may soon have to undergo the same hiatus. (Exams in March-April. HUHUHUHU!) Then again, my presence here is minimal at best, so yeah, not much difference there.
    Don't say that. I don't care who you are or how much or little you post; you could be a lurker and I'd be sad to see you go. We're a community here, and I care about every single pony in this community. You're no different; nor is Raz nor Scion.
    Avatar by DirtyTabs in the Adopt-A-Pony thread.

Thank you all so much for voting!
    Co-Winner of Rainbow Dash in the Playground!
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by TheAmishPirate View Post
    For your dedication to ponies and giving us all entertainment with your quote tree o' doom, I hereby award you the Louisianan Purchase. How can I do that? Long story short, let's just say I picked a doozy of a poker game to go "all in".

7. - Top - End - #847
    Retired Mod in the Playground Retired Moderator

Oh, so we're talking in Royal Canterlot voice, huh? Well, I guess I'm the big scary mod, I'd best join in.

Excuse me, while I get into character...

KRAKATHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOM!

HAIL, PONYTHREADERS!

TIS WE, KPENGUIN, OCCASSIONAL PURVEYOR OF THINE ANTICS AND GUINOID CHAMPION OF MODERATION.

WORDS HAVE REACHED OUR EARS THAT THOU ART THINKING OF PUTTING TOGETHER AN IRC CHANNEL. IF THOU WOULDST LOOK AT MINE SIGNATURE, THOU WOULDST KNOW WE RUN THE IRC CHANNEL FOR CHOCOLATER HAMMER, GIANT IN THE PLAYGROUND'S OWN UNOFFICIAL STEAM GROUP.

IF THOU WISHES, WE COULD AID IN THY ENDEVOUR FOR AN IRC CHANNEL. AN IRC CHANNEL IST NOT A GRAVE TASK TO UNDERTAKE, BUT TIS AN EASY ONE. THOU SIMPLY PICKS A SERVER, /JOIN A CHANNEL NAMED WHAT THOU WISHED AND NOT ONE ALREADY TAKEN, AND REGISTER THY CHANNEL WITH CHANSERV.
    Last edited by kpenguin; 2011-10-25 at 03:02 PM.
    Visit the Chocolate Hammer IRC channel!
    (IRC Joining Guide Here!)

8. - Top - End - #848

Quote Originally Posted by EsperDerek View Post
    Rarity's Night
    Spoiler
    Show
    *Midnight felt a pang of guilt. She had simply assumed that Sweetie learning of this was mere coincidence, that she had only learned of what was going on when she saw her stepping through the door with her sister.

But no. She had known, practically right from the start. Known, and had even covered for her, lied to Spike, knowing the truth would hurt him terribly. Her big brother.

"I..." How could she explain this, though? Sweetie Belle deserved to know, and she was one of Midnight's friends! Heck, the Cutie Mark Crusaders had babysit her on more than one occasion! To have the tension between them would be unbearable. She had hurt somepony she cared about with this, and the guilt bit deeply into her.

But how could she describe this? How could she...

Midnight paused for a moment. One could not adequately describe what had happened with words, but memories...

She recalled the spell that her Momma had once used, before she was even born, to save her friends from Discord's manipulations. A memory spell. Her horn glowed gently, as she summoned forth that night. Both her memories, and Rarity's own, for in that special place, they had been one, and had known what the other had thought and felt.

She stepped forwards, touched the tip of her horn to Sweetie's own, and released the spell into her. To help her understand...
    Rarity's Night
    Spoiler
    Show
    Midnight only could stammer in response. The more and more time that passed, the more and more Sweetie Bell felt guilty for her outburst. Sure, she had been put through a lot overnight, and none of it had been fun. But Midnight meant the best, she was sure. Shoot, that filly had never done something with malintent in her life. Why would she start now? Sweetie could only grasp and struggle to understand though. What could possess Midnight to do what she had done?

She had been her Prince for the night? So she...

She felt the distinct brush of ivory against her own horn, and an instant later a spark of magic. It only took a few moments for all of the memories, the sights, the sounds, the smells, the emotions of two different ponies to flash through her mind, but to her she played out the evening in full twice.

Her eyes opened again, and as her vision slowly ceased to blur, she could have sworn that before her stood not an awkward little filly, but a regal and gallant Prince, straight from the halls of Canterlot Castle.

She staggered, trying to hold her balance. It was amazing how seeing things first hand could alter your train of thought. She heard the thoughts, felt the apprehension, yet... That fluttering in her stomach, the same one that Rarity had felt, the same one that Midnight had shared.

It was as though a light bulb had flashed on in her head.

So many emotions flowed through her at once; some which she couldn't even identify the source of. Indignation, Joy, Fear, Anger, Understanding, Sadness. But most of all, she felt love. The love that was special, that couldn't be described any other way. A special bond had been forged between Midnight and Rarity this evening.

She forced a tentative step forward as the world around seemed to cease spinning. She stopped, just long enough to stabilize herself; before enveloping the purple filly before her in a tight, close hug, the first pricks of tears making themselves known in the corners of her eyes. She couldn't come up with the words to describe what she had just seen, or what she had felt while witnessing every moment. She just understood.

Quote Originally Posted by kpenguin View Post
    Oh, so we're talking in Royal Canterlot voice, huh? Well, I guess I'm the big scary mod, I'd best join in.

KRAKATHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOM!

HAIL, PONYTHREADERS!

TIS WE, KPENGUIN, OCCASSIONAL PURVEYOR OF THINE ANTICS AND GUINOID CHAMPION OF MODERATION.

WORDS HAVE REACHED OUR EARS THAT THOU ART THINKING OF PUTTING TOGETHER AN IRC CHANNEL. IF THOU WOULDST LOOK AT MINE SIGNATURE, MINE WOULDST KNOW WE RUN THE IRC CHANNEL FOR CHOCOLATER HAMMER, GIANT IN THE PLAYGROUND'S OWN UNOFFICIAL STEAM GROUP.

IF THOU WISHES, WE COULD AID IN THY ENDEVOUR FOR AN IRC CHANNEL. AN IRC CHANNEL IST NOT A GRAVE TASK TO UNDERTAKE, BUT TIS AN EASY ONE. THOU SIMPLY PICKS A SERVER, /JOIN A CHANNEL NAMED WHAT THOU WISHED AND NOT ONE ALREADY TAKEN, AND REGISTER THY CHANNEL WITH CHANSERV.
    kpenguin I could kiss you for that. Setting up a full server is a pain in the flank. Maintaining just a channel is an easy feat. See what I did there? Oh ho ho.

I'll set something up after my evening commute over there, and let everypony here know.
    Last edited by Titanium Fox; 2011-10-25 at 02:57 PM.

Spoiler
    Show
    For your dedication to ponies and giving us all entertainment with your quote tree o' doom, I hereby award you the Louisianan Purchase. How can I do that? Long story short, let's just say I picked a doozy of a poker game to go "all in".

9. - Top - End - #849
    Retired Mod in the Playground Retired Moderator

Sounds great, Titanium. Might I suggest Sorcery as our server of choice? Its the one I use for the channels I set up and I've found its fairly stable thus far.

I'll admit, I have an ulterior motive to seeing this succeed. I usually have IRC on in the background when I'm online and, even if I can't catch up with ponythread, I can still have a foot in the community by hanging out in the IRC channel.
    Visit the Chocolate Hammer IRC channel!
    (IRC Joining Guide Here!)

10. - Top - End - #850
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by EsperDerek View Post
    Okay, so getting home at 7 AM blows. Nights are not what I'd call exactly fun times.
    Quote Originally Posted by Forum Explorer View Post
    I'm I the only pony who loves night shift?
    Heck no! My favorite job was working night stocking for Lowes.

I'd start again in a heart beat, though school doesn't make that possible right now.

Luna time is the best time.

Add in the fact that I've been feeling, well, distinctly guilty as of late around here, and feeling like I've been more of a hindrance than a boon,*snip*
    Spoiler
    Show

I'll be sad to see you go Raz. I always enjoyed your antics.

I'm considering much the same, just because I don't seem to be able to go more than a week or two with out annoying somepony.
    Thanks to Dirty Tabs for the Travis pony.

Spoiler
    Show

Thanks to A Thousand Words for the My Little Simhata avatar, and thanks to Trixie for fixing the cropping.

Breakdown Twilight from Pony Halloween celebration, thanks to Thanqol.

Thanks to Akrim.Elf for the awesome Laharl pony.

11. - Top - End - #851
    Ettin in the Playground

@Raz-Fox and Scion: Farewell, we shall miss you, the thread is a lesser place without you two.
    @IRC: That sounds interesting!
    Credit for my various avatars goes to Dashwood,Cealocanth,Kwarkpudding,Randomizer,kpengu in,Alarra,Bisected8,zimmerwald1915, and Thanqol.

Once known as "Gamerkid".

12. - Top - End - #852
    Ogre in the Playground

Flumph

Quote Originally Posted by the_druid_droid View Post
    Ponythread! I have a proposal!

We, being now free from the tyrannous reign of Episode Spoilers, ought to celebrate the grand appearance of our newly-reinstated Moon Princess. And what better way than by reveling in the Royal parlance favored by her Onyx Majesty?

What sayest thou, Ponythread? Shall we speak with the Royal Canterlot diction?
    Relevant pic on ROYAL CANTERLOT DICTION
    I did some editing. The pic creator seemed to be quite passionate about proper diction. Too passionate for this forum.
    Spoiler
    Show

Well it would be a possible alternative to those who can't keep up with the thread, so they can drop into the chat room and keep up with their friends from the thread from time to time. I know I'd love to get an opportunity to chat with DBC again sometime, and if we're not bound by the rules of GitP (no offense meant to KPenguin or the rest of the mod team), we don't explicitly have to talk about ponies in the chat room; and since there's no log of posts people may not feel obligated to keep up, so to speak.

I fully expect some people in the chat to not participate in the thread and vice versa. It will just be there as an offered service, and I'm perfectly happy to host it.

KRAKATHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOM!

HAIL, PONYTHREADERS!

WORDS HAVE REACHED OUR EARS THAT THOU ART THINKING OF PUTTING TOGETHER AN IRC CHANNEL. IF THOU WOULDST LOOK AT MINE SIGNATURE, THOU WOULDST KNOW WE RUN THE IRC CHANNEL FOR CHOCOLATER HAMMER, GIANT IN THE PLAYGROUND'S OWN UNOFFICIAL STEAM GROUP.

Spoiler
    Show

I'll add my voice to what Titanium Fox said. This is a great idea, and I know for me personally it will give me more opportunities for ponies! Always fun.

Okay, it's Tuesday? The Day That Spoilers Shall Be No More? It is? Alright then...

*ahem*

PIPSQUEAK IS BEST PONY

*flees*
    DON'T YOU LISTEN TO THEM PIPSQUEAK, YOU JUST KEEP BEING ADORABLE.

Spoiler
    Show

GOOD WORK
    As much as I loved Pip, on the second and third watch-through his voice really started to get old. I hate to say it, but I hope he doesn't get more than the occasional line. I'm perfectly happy with him being in the background though, he really is adorable.

November's almost here.

I know how that feels. Apps take a lot of time, they can be rough, but it looks like you're making a good decision. If you need help with your applications (I don't know if you have to do essays?), I wouldn't call myself an expert, but I do have much experience with college applications. I'd be willing to help with whatever you need.

Wow. I'm multiquoting. It looks like I'm in for the long haul. Goodbye free time, hello ponies.

13. - Top - End - #853

Quote Originally Posted by Ember_Glow View Post
    Does anypony use ponify? If so what do you think of it.
    ponify.me AKA Celestia Radio? I like it, I stream it on my iPod Touch in the morning while I'm doing my daily treadmill.
    Blue Star Topaz is my name
    Equestria's my station
    The Elements define my creed
    The Herd's my destination

14. - Top - End - #854
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by SiuiS View Post

Understandable. You have one of those... Whachamacallits... A life. And a career! Or at least a decent job. So I can't hold it against you.

Still, good to see you again mate
    Well, I do have a job, that part is true. <sigh>, But one that keeps me away from pony thread, this week till Sunday evening.

SiuiS, you so crazy. Sometimes it still floors me how much you write. Like I said, the scream was a joke. It's just been a matter of getting around to it this weekend, because quoteposting a SiuiS quotepost is a bit of a project. A fun one, but a project none the less.
    That's funny, because that statement is followed by one of your own Megaquotes.
    Quote Originally Posted by Johnny Blade View Post
    50% analysis, 40% jokes, 10% depression
    “The problem with quotes on the internet is you never know if they are genuine.”
    ― Joseph Stalin

15. - Top - End - #855
    Troll in the Playground

@Raz: I agree with all the other posters here. You're awesome and we'll miss you, but real life and crazy schedules come first! Hopefully I'll still see you around the god games and maybe you'll pop back in from time to time. Vaya con Dios.

KRAKATHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOM!

HAIL, PONYTHREADERS!

Huzzah! Kpenguin is best penguin!

I'll set something up after my evening commute over there, and let everypony here know.
    WE LOOK FORWARD TO HAVING TALK WITH ALL THE FAIR DENIZENS OF PONYTHREAD!
    This Machine Surrounds Hate And Forces It To Surrender

Quote Originally Posted by Anarion View Post
    DD, your unicorn is stronger, prettier, and higher-ranking than mine, and her secret lab has a better name than mine. THERE SHALL BE NO QUARTER.
    Ponythread Learns to Draw!

Spoiler
    Show
    Bleeeeh! Alfalfa Monster!

16. - Top - End - #856

Just popping in again for two more things tonight.

Firstly, Raz, you will definitely be missed. Whether selling the latest printing of the Bunbunmaru, creating epic settings to answer the question "why would RazQuol be having a rock-battle against Phoe?" or kidnapping somepony in hilarious fashion, you have always been one of the posters I remembered as outrageous fun.

On the other hand, the other topic I had to breach was why I am I being missed? What did I ever do except bug people with reminders about The Thread: The Game or occasionally become the Starscream for a day or two? My largest achievements to date have been a hammy verbal sparring session against DBC and my part in the original Airshipping roleplay. I only left a post mentioning that my abscence from the thread was extending indefinitely because SiuiS PMed me about my leaving. I'm happy that people care about me (it's certainly a feeling that's relatively new to me), but I'm confused as to the reasoning behind it.

17. - Top - End - #857
    Troll in the Playground

SamuraiGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Topaz View Post
    ponify.me AKA Celestia Radio? I like it, I stream it on my iPod Touch in the morning while I'm doing my daily treadmill.
    no...its an add-on that was linked in the nightly wrapup a day or two back...

automatically replaces words such as "anybody" with "anypony" or "hands" to Hooves" while you are surfing the web so that you dont have to waste a single synapse translating to ponyese yourself 8)
    Ponies not only make ME want to be a better person than I was before they entered my life, they make me want to HELP OTHERS be better people too.

And that is a GOOD thing by any definition.

full size avatar

18. - Top - End - #858
    Ogre in the Playground

Hey guys. I'm probably going to post less for a little while. Of course, it seems like a lot of other people are doing this, and they are bigger and more important pony threaders for sure, and their hiatus' are much more final then mine, but I just wanted to mention it.

About roleplays:
    Spoiler
    Show
    I got hit be a case of in-secures yesterday. I just want to make sure I'm not annoying everyone. If anyone has any problems with the way I'm currently roleplaying, please tell me.

I was thinking about retconning some stuff about Candle Keeper, also. I'll post that later if anyone cares too much. (It's mostly stuff I haven't actually told anyone yet.)

Also, yes. Ponies have been pushed to the back of my mind by the Hussmeister. I'm going to go speculate as to what Lord English looks like now. Have fun you crazy people!

Edit: Oh Lord I found this and I can't not link to it!
    Last edited by Tectonic Robot; 2011-10-25 at 05:02 PM.

19. - Top - End - #859
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Brazen Shield View Post
    >//////////////<
    That's not complaaaining~

Quote Originally Posted by Aotrs Commander View Post
    Yes, consider yourself thoroughly thanked too Lix!

Between pony, and Blueblood explosions and stuff, this hasn't turned out so bad a birthday in the end, after all!

Thank you all again!
    Glad to help. ^_^

Ponythread! I have a proposal!

We, being now free from the tyrannous reign of Episode Spoilers, ought to celebrate the grand appearance of our newly-reinstated Moon Princess. And what better way than by reveling in the Royal parlance favored by her Onyx Majesty?

What sayest thou, Ponythread? Shall we speak with the Royal Canterlot diction?
    WE BELIEVE THIS IS AN EXCELLENT PLAN![/REVERB]

Quote Originally Posted by Deadly View Post
    Well, "amniomorphic" would most likely suggest some transformation of the womb or fetus, rather than genderbending a grown pony which is what's done in that story. Still, if Starswirl fathered one foalbirth-related spell, why not others? So, I say yes, he'd make an obvious author of said book, but I'll leave that up to Esper, of course
    Hey, Esper!
    Has the author of the book come up at all? I just mean, well... me?
    I feel slightly cheeky for asking, but... if you don't ask you don't get.

Too late. You've been Pinkied.
    Spoiler
    Show
    So, Terezi, karkat, Tavros, Vriska, Fef, Eridan, Equius and Gamzee...

LIXIE DEMANDS THE INFORMATION RELATED TO THE LOCATION OF THE EQUINE EQUIVALENTS OF HER BELOVED SOLLUX, NEPETA, AND TO A LESSER EXTENT KANAYA AND ARADIA.
    THE REWARD FOR THIS INFORMATION SHALL BE ONE (1) CUDDLE (OR IN THE CASE OF THE LICH, ONE LACK OF CUDDLE.)[/REVERB]
    Recent Homebrew: The Socialite | The Crystalline: Memory Altering Construct Race | Sanguine Hand, a ToB Discipline of blood and cruelty
    Homebrew Signature | NEW Homebrew Collection
    Thanks to all my avatar artists, especially to Paisley for my avatar of Vivian, cowardly cryophoenix.
    Quote Originally Posted by Thanqol View Post
    It's like the feng shui version of an orbital death laser.

20. - Top - End - #860

Good News Everypony!

The #ponythread IRC channel is now online! Below is Jade's handy dandy guide to IRC! And for those who already know how IRC runs, the server and channel information is below the spoiler.

Jade Aurora's Handy Dandy Guide to IRC!
    Spoiler
    Show
    Hi everypony, and welcome! I'm Jade, and I'll be your lovely assistant for this lesson! Not too many ponies are familiar with the Internet Relay Chat protocol, and that's where I'm here to help! For those who don't know, IRC is a chat protocol similar to AIM and MSN, instant messengers we're all familiar with. There's a few things you need to get IRC working, so let's take a look at what they are.

1. IRC Chat Client
    2. Server and Server Information
    3. Channel Name
    4. Brief List of Important Commands

1. IRC Chat Client
    Spoiler
    Show
    So, the first thing you need is a program that can handle IRC. These programs tend to be lightweight, and in some cases can be, or already are integrated into programs you already use every day. For example, do you use the web browser Opera or the Instant Messaging Client Pidgin? Then you already have a program capable of supporting your server. If this is the case, you can skip on down to the next section. If not however, you're gonna need to download one.

Personally, I recommend one such as XChat 2 or mIRC, but it's really not hard to find your own alternative. Just remember, don't be tricked into paying for an IRC client. There are tons upon tons of free options out there.

2. Server and Server Information
    Spoiler
    Show
    Okay, so you've got a program that can run IRC. Now what do you do? Well, first things first you need to do is figure out what server you're going to be connecting to. In our case, you will be connecting to:

irc.sorcery.net
    This is usually pretty simple. It'll be a different process for each separate client, but they all tend to be pretty similar. There's generally a tools tab, followed by an options tab. There will be a field looking for the server to connect to. Type in what's in the quote box above, enter a username (you don't need to register it if you don't want to, that will be covered in section 4), and you're good to go! It should connect to the main page of the Sorcery IRC server. From there, you can go hunting for your channel.

3. Channel Name
    Spoiler
    Show
    This is a pretty simple one. In our case, the channel name is:

#ponythread
    And you know how you join that? Just type into the text box at the bottom of your IRC client "/join #ponythread" and you're in! There's a bit more we can do with chanels though. Say you want to see if there are any other pony related channels in the server. Well, from any window on the Sorcery server, you can type in "/list" to get a list of all of the channels on the server. From there, you can use the "/join" command to join that channel too! Most channels have a # preceding their name, so remember that.

4. Brief List of Important Commands
    Spoiler
    Show
    /msg [NAME] This allows you to send a private message to [NAME].
    /msg NickServ This allows you to send a message to the Nickname Server on the Sorcery IRC network. You can type "/msg NickServ HELP" from any window to get help with your nickname. This includes registering a floating nickname, changing the password on your nickname, and other different commands you can check out from there.
    /list This allows you to see a list of all channels on the current server.

This list will be edited as time goes on, and more commands become pertinent.

IRC Server Information Standalone:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Server: irc.sorcery.net
    Channel: #ponythread
    Last edited by Titanium Fox; 2011-10-25 at 05:28 PM.

Spoiler
    Show

21. - Top - End - #861
    Barbarian in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by ScionoftheVoid View Post
    On the other hand, the other topic I had to breach was why I am I being missed? What did I ever do except bug people with reminders about The Thread: The Game or occasionally become the Starscream for a day or two? My largest achievements to date have been a hammy verbal sparring session against DBC and my part in the original Airshipping roleplay. I only left a post mentioning that my abscence from the thread was extending indefinitely because SiuiS PMed me about my leaving. I'm happy that people care about me (it's certainly a feeling that's relatively new to me), but I'm confused as to the reasoning behind it.
    Well you see you crusty urchin-snouted hugger-mugger it's because everyone here cares about everypony else. Titanium said it best:
    Don't say that. I don't care who you are or how much or little you post; you could be a lurker and I'd be sad to see you go. We're a community here, and I care about every single pony in this community. You're no different; nor is Raz nor Scion.
    (Shakespearean insults are the best insults)
    My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic: The Thread, The Game, The Tumblr.
    Human Crossings Avatar made by Thanqol

22. - Top - End - #862
    Ogre in the Playground

AssassinGuy

November's almost here.

Like everyone else said, I'll miss you. This thread won't feel quite the same without you around. See you when you get back.
    Last edited by RdMarquis; 2011-10-25 at 05:13 PM.

23. - Top - End - #863
    Ettin in the Playground

Last edited by Gamerlord; 2011-10-25 at 05:26 PM.
    Credit for my various avatars goes to Dashwood,Cealocanth,Kwarkpudding,Randomizer,kpengu in,Alarra,Bisected8,zimmerwald1915, and Thanqol.

24. - Top - End - #864
    Orc in the Playground

*puts on serious hat*

Quote Originally Posted by ScionoftheVoid View Post
    Well, like I said before, I had never actually seen you, since I'm a recent arrival. That said, though, at the risk of sounding corny... well.

So far as I can tell? The kind of people that are attracted to and stick around in Ponythread tend to share a number of common traits, to certain degrees at least. Most obviously, but ultimately least importantly, an enjoyment of MLP: FiM. But there's more to it than that! Most of the posters here are welcoming, friendly, kind, intelligent, tolerant, fun, and more.

You very likely have all of these good qualities and many others to boot, otherwise you wouldn't have stayed here to begin with. This isn't a coincidence... people simultaneously attract and seek out like-minded people. Why wouldn't someone who is all these things be missed? I think that's a much better question.

Quote Originally Posted by Tectonic Robot View Post
    Hey guys. I'm probably going to post less for a little while. Of course, it seems like a lot of other people are doing this, and they are bigger and more important pony threaders for sure, and their hiatus' are much more final then mine, but I just wanted to mention it.

About roleplays:
    Spoiler
    Show
    I got hit be a case of in-secures yesterday. I just want to make sure I'm not annoying everyone. If anyone has any problems with the way I'm currently roleplaying, please tell me.

I was thinking about retconning some stuff about Candle Keeper, also. I'll post that later if anyone cares too much. (It's mostly stuff I haven't actually told anyone yet.)
    Roleplaying Response Thingy
    Spoiler
    Show
    I think that you're doing okay. Inkblot ICly thinks that Candle Keeper is weird, possibly probably mentally unstable, and as a result of his failure to be socialized in a more complete and normal manner, a pain in the flank. I, Inkblot's player, OOCly finds him funny and interesting. It can be a challenge to pull off a character who's ICly annoying but well played and interesting at the same time, and I think you're doing a pretty decent job of it.

The very first thing one needs to do when learning to roleplay is to learn to separate their own real feelings from those of their imagined character. Inkblot's feelings about Candles are not my feelings about Candles, they're just how I imagine he would react to him. Just because he might react negatively doesn't mean that I am.

I can't really speak for anyone else, but I'd be willing to bet that you'll hear much the same from EsperDerek once they wake up and rejoin the thread, and from anyone else whose ponies might have been resisting urges to throttle yours.

*takes off serious hat*

Muffin!

Spoiler
    Show
    Last edited by Neoseanster; 2011-10-25 at 05:37 PM.

25. - Top - End - #865
    Colossus in the Playground

Aha... ahah... yep. Didn't sleep. Not entirely convinced I'll ever sleep. I'm gonna... be... around for a few days, but my thought process is currently in a game so dark that I don't want expose the marshmallow ponies to it. Wires get crossed and there'll be tears everywhere.

26. - Top - End - #866
    Ogre in the Playground

The #ponythread IRC channel is now online! Below is Jade's handy dandy guide to IRC! And for those who already know how IRC runs, the server and channel information is below the spoiler.
    I have a history essay to horseapples my way through, so I can't talk, but I'm really glad this happened.
    Last edited by Kindablue; 2011-10-25 at 05:41 PM.
    ... I came to appreciate that mountains make poor receptacles for dreams.

27. - Top - End - #867
    Banned

Well, "amniomorphic" would most likely suggest some transformation of the womb or fetus, rather than genderbending a grown pony which is what's done in that story. Still, if Starswirl fathered one foalbirth-related spell, why not others? So, I say yes, he'd make an obvious author of said book, but I'll leave that up to Esper, of course
    I concur, and must admit that this idea resonates with my own thoughts. Pray, how hast thou concieved of that which is mine to think? BEGONE FEL SPIRIT! Get thee hence, away from my mind, my sanctum!*

So did we

We wish thee a happy birthday, Commander! HUZZAH!
    Natal day! Natal day, you f--

Fridge logic. How come Nightmare Moon speaks perfect English but Luna speaks archaic English?

Callooh! Callay! Our proposal hath been received with much vigor!
    Verily!

Also! We regret to see you go, Scion! We shall remember you fondly and hope you stop by from time to time...
    Told you we missed you, mate~

EDIT: Re - amniotic discussion.

I got curious, and managed to find this for amnion:

So, if it is a bowl-shaping spell, it's a rather unusual one at that...
    Ah, but methinks thou hast allowed a tiny detail to have eluded thine eyes.
    An amniomorphic spell is one in which the magus doth make use of the sanguine offering of the sacrificial lamb.
    Truly, a thought beheld in abject terror and one easily understood to be beneath thy concern. For who in right mind would conceive the hero of Dame Sparkle being he who concieved such a force, of surety bred in blackest Hell!

...I completely forgot about this project!

I'm working on it guys, don't worry! Now to just pick out a machine I don't use much anymore to act as the dedicated host for the channel...
    IRC stands for "Internet Relay Chat". It's a protocol that was popular in the early days if the internet, I believe it's source can be traced all the way back to the ARPAnet if I remember right, although I can't back that up right now and I am way too lazy to research.

Basically you download a client (You may already have one if you use Pidign or Trillian) or use a web based one (such as Mibbit). Once connected you select a screen name unique to the server, and you can join any of the chat rooms available on said server with commands such as "/list" to list available chat rooms, or "/join #[NAME]" to join channel [NAME], etc.
    Truly, an idea wrought of purest joy. We look forward to the fruits of thy labors and would provide what succor and support we are capable of providing thee.

Quote Originally Posted by Athaniar View Post
    A chat room? I can barely keep up with this thread, a chat room sounds a bit too much, to be honest.
    Ah, but an IRC channel will actually help divert some of the excess pony so the thread could become manageable again.

All the posts that are just "woo pony!" could be diverted their, leaving the thread for actual discussion. Though we run risk of losing out on that spontaneous play which ever on occasion innundateth us by their swarm.

Quote Originally Posted by Aotrs Commander View Post
    Actually, an amniomorphic spell sounds all kinds of awesome now...!
    I know, right? You've go to ask yourself;
    What the hay are these ponies doing?!

...I still can't believe we're this close to done already.
    And for this alone I purposely stretch out Reading books I enjoy. Some get snooty, "oh I can finish a novel in 4 hours. I'm such a fast reader!" but not I. Enjoyment is a backwards race, where dragging thine haunches is the superior technique.

Okay, it's Tuesday? The Day That Spoilers Shall Be No More? It is? Alright then...

*ahem*

PIPSQUEAK IS BEST PONY

*flees*
    Pipsqueak is best canon pirate pony.

DON'T YOU LISTEN TO THEM PIPSQUEAK, YOU JUST KEEP BEING ADORABLE.

Spoiler
    Show

GOOD WORK
    What does it say that I get irritated that somepony would say "damn" to a kid, imagjnary or otherwise?

28. - Top - End - #868
    Ettin in the Playground

What does it say that I get irritated that somepony would say "damn" to a kid, imagjnary or otherwise?
    I have heard children say far harsher things IRL.

29. - Top - End - #869

Fridge logic. How come Nightmare Moon speaks perfect English but Luna speaks archaic English?
    Nightmare Moon was awake and watching for those thousand years. Luna, on the other hoof, was asleep.
    Blue Star Topaz is my name
    Equestria's my station
    The Elements define my creed
    The Herd's my destination

30. - Top - End - #870
    Ettin in the Playground

I GREET THEE, PONYTHREAD, ON THIS FINE MORN.

Quote Originally Posted by Thanqol View Post
    Aha... ahah... yep. Didn't sleep. Not entirely convinced I'll ever sleep. I'm gonna... be... around for a few days, but my thought process is currently in a game so dark that I don't want expose the marshmallow ponies to it. Wires get crossed and there'll be tears everywhere.
    SUCH REPOSE DOTH BE FOR THOSE OF WEAKENED CONSTITUTIONS!

Good News Everypony!

*snippeth*
    HUZZAH! ALAS, WE FIND OUR WORKPLACE DOTH INHIBIT THE VIEWING OF SUCH WONDERS!

WE. ARE.

[REVERB] SADDENED! [/REVERB]

Verily, we also find ourself saddened by the announced absence of such gentelponies as the honourable Raz_Fox and Scion. We did appreciate thine company Master Raz_Fox, and although we did not have the opportunity to meet afore, Master Scion, such is the nature of thy compatriots that thine absence will be equally keen.
    Last edited by BlasTech; 2011-10-25 at 05:59 PM.