New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 18 of 51 FirstFirst ... 891011121314151617181920212223242526272843 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #511
    Troll in the Playground

Default Re: {Nexus} Good League of Good LXXVII: Earth Vampires DON'T Sparkle!

[Outside]

Misaki thinks for a moment. "You know, you'll never get any better if you don't climb higher. What you need is... a motivator!" Misaki plucks a pine cone off the tree and throws it at Brinika, looking to conk her on the head! Ow!
    Last edited by Neon Knight; 2011-11-04 at 04:03 PM.

2. - Top - End - #512
    Titan in the Playground

[Outside]

Owwww! Brinika looks up at Misaki, scowling. I'll show you! However, her reaction isn't quite what Misaki might have imagined. She plucks a pine cone herself and throws it at the catgirl.
    My FFRP characters. Avatar by Ashen Lilies. Sigatars by Ashen Lilies, Gullara and Purple Eagle.
    Interested in the Nexus FFRP setting? See our Discord server.

3. - Top - End - #513
    Troll in the Playground

[Outside]

"Ah! Hey!" Misaki throws more pinecones in return! Pinecone fight! Misaki might have an advantage because of her size, and her superior position at the top of the tree.

4. - Top - End - #514
    Titan in the Playground

[Outside]

While that's true, Brinika is a smaller target and goblins are naturally dexterous and have a knack for throwing things. Either way, pinecones likely fly until the two girls run out of ammunition.
    My FFRP characters. Avatar by Ashen Lilies. Sigatars by Ashen Lilies, Gullara and Purple Eagle.

5. - Top - End - #515
    Troll in the Playground

[Outside]

After exhausting pinecones and finding pine needles a poor substitution, Misaki throws words at Brinika. "You're just scared! You could do it if you wanted to, but you're just chicken! If you're not brave, you'll never amount to anything in the Nexus!"

6. - Top - End - #516
    Titan in the Playground

[Outside]

I'm not scared! Everyone says goblins are cowards but we're not! I'll show you! Brinika begins to climb futher, with tears of indignation in her eyes. While she has no shortage of determination, her diminutive size once more proves to be a deterrent.
    Last edited by Morty; 2011-11-04 at 04:11 PM.

7. - Top - End - #517
    Troll in the Playground

[Outside]

Misaki doesn't make things easy, either, hopping up and down on the branch to shake the tree. "Come on! Prove it! Prove it or you're a scaredy chicken forever who likes icky molerats!"

8. - Top - End - #518
    Titan in the Playground

[Outside]

Molerats aren't ickyyyyyyy! Brinika's shrill voice echoes among the trees as she scrambles up the tree furiously. Finally, she reaches another level of branches.

9. - Top - End - #519
    Troll in the Playground

[Outside]

Misaki smiles. "Good. You see? That wasn't so hard."

10. - Top - End - #520
    Titan in the Playground

[Outside]

Oh, wow. Brinika looks down and immediately begins feeling dizzy. I've never been so high above the ground before.

11. - Top - End - #521
    Barbarian in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Gulaghar View Post
    [Edge of Camp]

Koro is not pleased. He makes more bear noises, angry this time. There'll be nothing to stop her from carrying him, however. Nothing but his rather impressive size that is, though it's doubtful that'll be a problem for the dwarf.
    I'll have my work cut out with you, won't I? The dwarf says, taking Koro underground. Of course the weight isn't a problem - it's not a heavy cage.

She'll take him to a large area which is scattered with hoops and small ledges. She'll leave, and after a few minutes will come back with a piece of meat.

Alright. You want the meat? Then you'll have to jump over those ledges! Get to it! She says, before opening Koro's cage.
    Recaiden made the mime doll.

Spoiler: Nexus Characters
    Show

12. - Top - End - #522
    Troll in the Playground

[Outside]

"And you still have higher to go!" Misaki states this cheerfully, looking at Brinika expectantly.

13. - Top - End - #523
    Titan in the Playground

[Outside]

Brinika shivers. She doesn't want to be called a chicken again, but... What if I fall? She asks in a tiny voice. It's obvious she's very scared.

14. - Top - End - #524
    Troll in the Playground

[Infirmary]

Quote Originally Posted by The Bushranger View Post
    "I don't know. I just know he was tied up...I think..."

Jamie's expression, if she was a Jedi, would have Mace Windu screaming "Sith!"
    Quote Originally Posted by Morty View Post
    Reelshka's ears twitch.
    Is there anything we can do? "We" might be a little inappropriate here...
    I would also be willing to help you in this endeavor. Whoever did this scraed the shorts off Butler. And only I and Decker are allowed to do that. Vidalia has a scowl on her face as well.

If we can get a 'where', I can send some of my spies to scout the place out.

Lexington III, my Brute. Inner Circle. ! Melody

15. - Top - End - #525
    Orc in the Playground

Main Area

The elf is just trying to get away from Andy at the moment. Once away, calming down will be easier, hopefully. The marsh goblin is dragged along behind her, jogging to catch up.

And Andy needn't worry about this noblewoman trying to kidnap anybody; despite being a slave-owner, she isn't a slaver, and she's far too finely dressed for anybody who makes a living raiding settlements and chasing survivors. Besides which, she's convinced she's within the borders of the Third Great Elvish Empire, where everybody is either an elf or a slave and, if they're already a slave, there's no point capturing them to sell them into slavery, is there?
    Terrowin Avatar by HappyTurtle. Much thanks!

16. - Top - End - #526
    Troll in the Playground

Main Area (is this outside?)

And as she's stalking away from Andy, she nearly runs into Brand Applehill, the halfling. He looks up, about to beg pardon, when his eyes follow down along the chain to the marsh goblin.

"What do you think you're doing? Why is that goblin chained?" he demands, fury outweighing fear for the moment.
    My avatar! Isn't it just utterly diabolical? Ashen Lilies made it!

"Money cannot buy health, but I'd settle for a diamond-studded wheelchair."
    ― Dorothy Parker

Spoiler: Interested in Nexus FFRP? Newcomers welcome!
    Show
    FFRP Faqs |Nexus Faqs | Nexus IRC Chat
    We're friendly! Join the fun!
    Ext. Sig.
    PCs

17. - Top - End - #527
    Bugbear in the Playground

Main Area

Well sad that Andy doesn't think this way. for him she is in the nexus so not in her Elf land. And He knows that appereance isn't really something you can trust. Just look Rae he isn't looking powerful or threating, but he is powerful.

On one way you are right, if she can't see him she may clam down. So Andy uses his green Lanter power to make himself invisible. It will be a normal invisibility if she isn#t running or driving somewhere. If she runs she might notice a green light trying to catch up.

(Earl need you Inside. School thing)
    Last edited by Zefir; 2011-11-04 at 06:19 PM.
    Grammer is my declared deadly enemy!

Let's PLay's in German Take a Look at Bravely Default.

Nexus Characters: LINK

18. - Top - End - #528
    Orc in the Playground

Main Area- Outside

The marsh goblin, a bluey-green skinned humanoid with gills, golden eyes and greenish hair wearing plain silk clothes, shakes her head slightly at Brand. "I came to offer a monetary donation to this organisation, but since I am unable to encounter any of the owners around here, I think I shall leave. Dearest Myrim is my favourite, so she comes everywhere with me." The elf, who is tall, pale, with blonde hair and brown eyes, is wearing a fine silk dress. She's quite young-looking. She refers to the marsh goblin as somebody would their favourite pet.

Invisible Andy goes unnoticed.

19. - Top - End - #529
    Troll in the Playground

Main Area - Outside

"Unchain her at once!"
    Brand demands.

― Dorothy Parker

Show
    Ext. Sig.
    PCs

20. - Top - End - #530
    Bugbear in the Playground

Main Area - Outside

Andy goes closer to them, just in case something escalate.
    Grammer is my declared deadly enemy!

Let's PLay's in German Take a Look at Bravely Default.

Nexus Characters: LINK

21. - Top - End - #531
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by billtodamax View Post
    I'll have my work cut out with you, won't I? The dwarf says, taking Koro underground. Of course the weight isn't a problem - it's not a heavy cage.

She'll take him to a large area which is scattered with hoops and small ledges. She'll leave, and after a few minutes will come back with a piece of meat.

Alright. You want the meat? Then you'll have to jump over those ledges! Get to it! She says, before opening Koro's cage.
    [Underground]

The disgruntled beargon takes on step out of his cage and roars. In addition to being loud and menacing, there's a bit of magic going on. First of all is the cloud of poisonous gas that billows out. Second of all is that it can cause supernatural fear if natural fear fails. Scary.

22. - Top - End - #532

Quote Originally Posted by Gulaghar View Post
    [Underground]

The disgruntled beargon takes on step out of his cage and roars. In addition to being loud and menacing, there's a bit of magic going on. First of all is the cloud of poisonous gas that billows out. Second of all is that it can cause supernatural fear if natural fear fails. Scary.
    The dwarf quickly dives away from the poisonous gas cloud.
    No! Bad bear! Don't shoot poison! The dwarf shouts, exasperated, shaking the piece of meat at the bear. Jump over the ledges! She shouts, pointing to them.

Show

23. - Top - End - #533
    Orc in the Playground

Main Area- Outside

"Oh, of course. It is awfully rude of me to keep her so close, isn't it?" The elf reaches her right hand across and unlinks the chain from her bracelet. The chain is still attached to Myrim's collar, however. "Now, I don't suppose you know where I'll find your owner, do you?" The elf's from a nation where everybody who isn't an elf is a slave, and she refuses to believe she's not within its borders any more.

Myrim, meanwhile, does know what's going on. She also takes a few steps away.

24. - Top - End - #534
    Troll in the Playground

[Infirmary]

Quote Originally Posted by Vidalia[COLOR="SeaGreen"
    I would also be willing to help you in this endeavor. Whoever did this scared the shorts off Butler. And only I and Decker are allowed to do that.[/COLOR]

Quinn shakes her head. "I'm not sure where. Just a vague direction, possibly," she admits.

Jamie is already heading silently for the door.

Inner Circle
    Spoiler
    Show

Werewolf Games
    Spoiler
    Show
    Games Won: 5
    Ashna and Brendan dolls by Recaiden
    BR by Dr. Bath

BR's Bag o' Nuts · The Russkijs · Bushrangers explained
    Homebrew
    Condiments · Pianos · Tumbleweeds · Drow Bloodline · Half-Drow Noble · Lacy Items

25. - Top - End - #535
    Troll in the Playground

Main Area, Outside

"Mrs Applehill doesn't want to see you," Brand says. "Unchain her all the way. Now."

― Dorothy Parker

Show
    Ext. Sig.
    PCs

26. - Top - End - #536
    Ogre in the Playground

[Underground]

Koro roars again, this time without the gas. He charges at the dwarf, his massive paw swinging at... most of the dwarf's body in all honesty.

27. - Top - End - #537

ALRIGHT THEN! The dwarf says, turning and running away from the bear. She hurls herself over one of the ledges and dives through a hoop. NOW YOU!

Show

28. - Top - End - #538
    Ogre in the Playground

[Underground]

Koro follows the dwarf. A small flap of his wings sends him right over the edge and through the hoop. Success! She can celebrate by dodging those rather sharp teeth.

29. - Top - End - #539

BAD BEAR! The dwarf says, diving away again. YOU DON'T BITE ME! She starts to run again, jumping through a hoop and over a ledge.

NOW JUMP THROUGH THAT HOOP AND OVER THAT LEDGE! She shouts.

Show

30. - Top - End - #540
    Ogre in the Playground

[Underground]

Bear noises! Loud, angry bear noises! Koro follows and inadvertently does as instructed yet again. And as before, he attack. This time not landing after the jump and trying to slam right into the dwarf.