New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 19 of 51 FirstFirst ... 9101112131415161718192021222324252627282944 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #541
    Barbarian in the Playground

Default Re: {Nexus} Good League of Good LXXVII: Earth Vampires DON'T Sparkle!

GOOD BEAR! The dwarf yells, hurling - with some force - the lump of meat at the bear. The dwarf then pulls up her shield and takes the brunt of the impact from the bear on it.

HAVE SOME MEAT, AND STOP TRYING TO KILL ME!
    Recaiden made the mime doll.

Spoiler: Nexus Characters
    Show

2. - Top - End - #542
    Ogre in the Playground

[Underground]

Koro catches the meat in his mouth mid-flight. Then he slams into the shield. He would be wondering how such a tiny person stopped him dead in his tracks, but he's far too busy being stunned and sitting heavily. He chews the meat absentmindedly as he recovers from the impact.

3. - Top - End - #543

Heavy bastard aren't you? The dwarf says, struggling out from under the bear. Good bear. She says to the bear, trying to reach out and pat him.

Show

4. - Top - End - #544
    Ogre in the Playground

[Underground]

Koro doesn't resist the patting, mostly because his brains are still a little scrambled. Hey, look at that. This is the dwarf's chance to see what's in the pouch strapped to Koro's belly.

5. - Top - End - #545

The dwarf, being an upstanding citizen and honourable warrior, immediately starts digging through the bear's pouch. What if someone else stumbles upon it and starts misusing it! Far better for her to have whatever's in there.

Show

6. - Top - End - #546
    Troll in the Playground

[Infirmary]

Quote Originally Posted by The Bushranger View Post

Quinn shakes her head. "I'm not sure where. Just a vague direction, possibly," she admits.

Jamie is already heading silently for the door.
    Vidalia's vine follows Jamie and tries to grab her by the wrist. And where are you heading, Sprout?

Lexington III, my Brute. Inner Circle. ! Melody

7. - Top - End - #547
    Ogre in the Playground

[Underground]

Inside the pouch are eight gold nuggets the size of the dwarf's gauntleted fist. Koro doesn't react just yet. He's still a little dizzy.

8. - Top - End - #548

Quote Originally Posted by Gulaghar View Post
    [Underground]

Inside the pouch are eight gold nuggets the size of the dwarf's gauntleted fist. Koro doesn't react just yet. He's still a little dizzy.
    You've got some gold! The dwarf exclaims. She calmly places it back in the pouch. Where did you get that from? She asks.

She'd probably be more excited about that gold if she hadn't found several promising veins the last time she dug.

Or if the armour she's wearing wasn't worth a lot more.

Show

9. - Top - End - #549
    Ogre in the Playground

[Underground]

Koro growls at the dwarf, a few wisps of gass escaping between his teeth. She was touching his gold! Unfortunately he can't answer her, not being sapient and all. She might guess that he's very protective of the gold, however.

10. - Top - End - #550

You like gold, eh? The dwarf asks, with a bit of cunning. Stay here. She says, before leaving the area and setting the door to not pet passable as she leaves.

Koro won't have much time to beat the door down however, as the dwarf quickly returns.

Holding a couple of bars of pure gold.

Show

11. - Top - End - #551
    Ogre in the Playground

[Underground]

Koro was totally going to smash the door down, but then... the gold!
    Goooooooooold. o.o

The beargon is completely mesmerized by it. He takes a step toward the dwarf, and the gold.

12. - Top - End - #552

Okay, now jump over a ledge and through a hoop, and I'll give you one of these. The dwarf saws, motioning with her head towards the aforementioned obstacles.

Show

13. - Top - End - #553
    Ogre in the Playground

[Underground]

Koro looks at the obstacles, then the gold, then back to the obstacles, then the gold again. The beargon makes dragon noises, then proceeds to do as instructed. He returns to the dwarf and makes more bear noises. He wants that gold!

14. - Top - End - #554

Quote Originally Posted by Gulaghar View Post
    [Underground]

Koro looks at the obstacles, then the gold, then back to the obstacles, then the gold again. The beargon makes dragon noises, then proceeds to do as instructed. He returns to the dwarf and makes more bear noises. He wants that gold!
    Ha ha, cool. The dwarf says, chucking the bear a bar of gold. Stay there for a second. She says, before running off and dragging in a manikin made of stone, with a crude picture of a scowling face drawn on it, and pointy ears stapled to the side.

It's probably supposed to be an goblin.

Now attack that thin tree-hugging bastard! She shouts, completely disproving the narration.

Show

15. - Top - End - #555
    Ogre in the Playground

[Underground]

Koro somehow managed the acrobatic feat of getting the bar of gold into his pouch.

When she returns, he eyes the other bar of gold. He wants it. The beargon roars and swings his paw at the rather crude elf. It should be quite easily smashed to bits.

16. - Top - End - #556

The manikin shatters into pieces with the strike, and the dwarf cheers.

Good bear! The dwarf says, walking over to Koro and trying to pat him on the back, and giving him a gold bar. Have some more gold. This bear was going to be expensive to train, but, well, you can always find more gold!

Show

17. - Top - End - #557
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Morty View Post
    [Outside]

Brinika shivers. She doesn't want to be called a chicken again, but... What if I fall? She asks in a tiny voice. It's obvious she's very scared.
    [Outside]

"You won't fall. And even if you did, Caretaker would catch you, right?" Misaki smiles, and beckons to her. "Come on. Come up here."

___

[Also Outside]

The moose hunting drone has set up a row of acorns on a fence post and is blasting them one by one with its stun beam, in an odd form of target practice.

___

[Near the Edge of Camp]

A totally groovy psychedelic van is here, and a small group of long haired, tie dye shirted fellows is busy unpacking what looks like cameras and video equipment.

18. - Top - End - #558
    Bugbear in the Playground

[Near the Edge of Camp]

Near the groupe pass a giant scorpion. His skin is made of stone and kritalls. (simular Picture). His body is mainly dark purple and his eyes gloom red while the kristalls appear to be in a light blue. He starts searching in the earth for something.
    Last edited by Zefir; 2011-11-05 at 09:47 AM.
    Grammer is my declared deadly enemy!

Let's PLay's in German Take a Look at Bravely Default.

Nexus Characters: LINK

19. - Top - End - #559
    Titan in the Playground

[Outside]

Brinika trembles and hugs the tree closely. It doesn't look like she'll go up any futher.
    My FFRP characters. Avatar by Ashen Lilies. Sigatars by Ashen Lilies, Gullara and Purple Eagle.
    Interested in the Nexus FFRP setting? See our Discord server.

20. - Top - End - #560
    Troll in the Playground

[Outside]

Misaki sighs. "Well, I guess that's enough for today." Misaki looks up at the sky from her high perch. "You're missing out on a lot, though."

[Near the Edge of Camp]

Although they're totally into that New Age crystal healing stuff, a giant scorpion made of stone and crystals is not exactly interesting. Although it does make a few of them wonder if they've been a bit too much into the reefer, if you catch my drift.

21. - Top - End - #561
    Bugbear in the Playground

[Near the Edge of Camp]

"Must be here." the scorpion says while searching.

Then he spots the van and the guys who seem to camp around it. He stares at them for a moment and then something came up. Maybe the hole he diged when he first arrived in the nexus is under the van or somewhere in there camp, so he will rush over to search there.
    Grammer is my declared deadly enemy!

Let's PLay's in German Take a Look at Bravely Default.

Nexus Characters: LINK

22. - Top - End - #562
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Neon Knight View Post
    [Outside]

Misaki sighs. "Well, I guess that's enough for today." Misaki looks up at the sky from her high perch. "You're missing out on a lot, though."
    Um, maybe. Brinika trembles some more. How do I get down?
    My FFRP characters. Avatar by Ashen Lilies. Sigatars by Ashen Lilies, Gullara and Purple Eagle.

23. - Top - End - #563
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by billtodamax View Post
    The manikin shatters into pieces with the strike, and the dwarf cheers.

Good bear! The dwarf says, walking over to Koro and trying to pat him on the back, and giving him a gold bar. Have some more gold. This bear was going to be expensive to train, but, well, you can always find more gold!
    [Underground]

Koro takes the gold, and manages to get it in his pouch. It's really quite remarkable how he manages that. Koro makes pleased bear noises. Free gold!

24. - Top - End - #564
    Titan in the Playground

[Infirmary]

Reelshka turns away from the deadtimed conversation, or plotclones herself in one place as it were, and adresses Salix and Keo. Oh, hello Salix and... Keo. What do you need?

25. - Top - End - #565
    Dwarf in the Playground

Infirmary

There is a slight pause.

Keo looks Reelshka, examining her carefully.

"Oh, you're Reelshka? I-"

She straightens up.

"I'm sorry'm. I thought one of the adul- taller adults was Reelshka'm."

Keo looks kind of embarrassed. She is not used to talking to adults so close to her size!

26. - Top - End - #566
    Titan in the Playground

[Infirmary]

Reelshka smiles a little. I'm a goblin, dear. We're small. Now, what brings you here?

27. - Top - End - #567
    Dwarf in the Playground

Infirmary

"Yes'm. I was in the forest, and an odd wind came up, and I was blown to a place in the forest nearby. Then Salix found me, and she brought me to you."

Sounds like she was Nexus'd.

28. - Top - End - #568
    Titan in the Playground

[Infirmary]

Reelshka's ears twitch. It appears the poor girl was sucked in by the Nexus...
    Oh dear. Well, this place is Good League of Good in the Nexus. Where did you live before?

29. - Top - End - #569
    Dwarf in the Playground

Infirmary

"Katchiki Tribe. We wander in our area of the high plain, and go into the forest of Gei when the herds thin. In the cold times we return to the gates of Mei where we cooperate with other tribes to survive."

...what?

30. - Top - End - #570
    Titan in the Playground

[Infirmary]

I think you're far away from home, dear. That wind brought you to a place called Nexus, an entirely different word, Reelshka says, trying to be gentle.