New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 23 of 51 FirstFirst ... 13141516171819202122232425262728293031323348 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #661
    Bugbear in the Playground

Default Re: {Nexus} Good League of Good LXXVII: Earth Vampires DON'T Sparkle!

[Underneath GloG - Night time]

In the dwarven tunnels underneath GloG a slight tremor might be noticed through the tunnel, almost as if there is something moving nearby, just above them.

The tremor can be felt above ground as well, everywhere within the GloG grounds there will be a slight shake as the ground underneath them is being moved away by something.

2. - Top - End - #662
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Earl of Purple View Post
    Outside- By the Lake

"Myrim isn't a slave, she's a pet, stupid human. And she's my pet for her own good. It's all for their own good. We offer them food, shelter, healthcare, and they work in exchange. I have no idea what kind of squalid hut she dwelt in before I bought her, but I know that dwarfs eat their dead, minotaur are always moving and that lizardfolk tribes raid each other to eat the eggs of other tribes." The elf then turns back to staring out over the lake.

In her world, Mountain Dwarfs do indeed practice cannibalism; it's a ritualised part of their ancestor worship. They are not allowed to eat their dead when enslaved by elves, which according to their religion means that the dead are really dead, unable to live on in the bodies of those whom ate them.
    Zamira is currently walking along the lakeside!

She doesn't hear the conversation, but looks on in interest. "Um, hello? What are you looking for?"

Not sure how the elf will respond to the foxgirl with silver tattoos...

Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Revlid View Post
    And so it was that Zaeed, Aang, Winry, Ezio, Sadoko and Snow White all set out on their epic journey to destroy The Empire.

God I love Exalted.

Gold Dragon avatar by Serpentine

3. - Top - End - #663
    Titan in the Playground

[Maple Cabin - Night Time]

Sophie steps outside, shotgun in hand. She doesn't know what the tremors mean, but she has a bad feeling about this. She activates her Second Sight and looks around.
    My FFRP characters. Avatar by Ashen Lilies. Sigatars by Ashen Lilies, Gullara and Purple Eagle.
    Interested in the Nexus FFRP setting? See our Discord server.

4. - Top - End - #664

Sophie will feel the ground underneath her shake once again, this tremor much more powerful and localized where she's standing. Her second vision won't see anything supernatural in the area however.

It will steadily grow more powerful until something erupts from the ground where she's standing, mud and grass bursting into all directions, and attempt to grab her feet and then try to drag her underneath the ground.
    Last edited by Shadowcaller; 2011-11-11 at 06:59 PM.

5. - Top - End - #665
    Titan in the Playground

Sophie backs away from the rumbling ground, aiming her shotgun. When it bursts, and she gains confidence that the creature reaching out of the hole is hostile, she fires.
    My FFRP characters. Avatar by Ashen Lilies. Sigatars by Ashen Lilies, Gullara and Purple Eagle.

6. - Top - End - #666

The creature emerging from the ground looks like a large worm shaped mass of this material entirely covered in dirt.

Sophie's shot gun blasts away the mass in all directions and the now headless body retreats back into the hole, somehow closing it as it disappears. She can still feel the tremors however as the creature moves underneath the earth.

7. - Top - End - #667
    Titan in the Playground

Sophie... is disgusted. She's seen a lot in her time, but a gigantic worm made out of body fat is just obscene. She retreats to the steps leading up to the cabin and waits for the vampire to emerge again.

8. - Top - End - #668
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Morty View Post
    Brinika gasps. You're leaving? Where to?
    [Outside]

"I'm not sure. I won't know until I get there." Misaki grins. "But that's half the fun of it."

9. - Top - End - #669

The tremors continue, but not at the same magnitude as it feels like the creature is moving away, searching for other prey on the camp grounds by tracking the slight vibrations of their footsteps against the ground.

10. - Top - End - #670
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Neon Knight View Post
    [Outside]

"I'm not sure. I won't know until I get there." Misaki grins. "But that's half the fun of it."
    Brinika's ears twitch nervously. Isn't it dangerous?

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowcaller View Post

The tremors continue, but not at the same magnitude as it feels like the creature is moving away, searching for other prey on the camp grounds by tracking the slight vibrations of their footsteps against the ground.
    Well, Sophie won't have that. She jumps off the steps, landing as loudly as she can.

11. - Top - End - #671

The creature stops for a moment, it's feral senses drawn to the vibrations of a larger prey.

Sophie will feel the vibrations growing stronger once again as the creature this time will attempt to collapse the ground right underneath the hunter.
    Last edited by Shadowcaller; 2011-11-12 at 08:55 AM.

12. - Top - End - #672
    Titan in the Playground

Sophie jumps back when the ground starts to collapse and shoots at the spot where she was just standing.

13. - Top - End - #673
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Morty View Post
    Brinika's ears twitch nervously. Isn't it dangerous?
    Misaki rolls her eyes. "Duh. That's the point."

14. - Top - End - #674

There is a howl as the creature is blasted by the shot gun once again. This time it's other instincts take over and it burrows itself into the earth, attempting to retreat back deep into the earth.

15. - Top - End - #675
    Titan in the Playground

Brinika looks confused. So when are you going? And are you telling anyone?

There is a howl as the creature is blasted by the shot gun once again. This time it's other instincts take over and it burrows itself into the earth, attempting to retreat back deep into the earth.
    Sophie reloads her shotgun and has no time to fire before the vampire manages to retreat into the earth.

16. - Top - End - #676
    Dwarf in the Playground

Outside

"Oh?"

A little girl in a brown cloak steps out from around a tree. Little black cat ears and a cat tail poke out, and two blue glowing eyes peer out from the hood.

"Oh, hello. I'm Keo. I was following Salix, but I lost her."

17. - Top - End - #677

The earth vampire stays underneath the ground completely motionless, just tracking Sophie's movements for now. Waiting...

18. - Top - End - #678
    Troll in the Playground

[Outside]

"Tomorrow. And I'm telling you, aren't I?"

Quote Originally Posted by Lost_Deep View Post
    Outside

"Oh?"

A little girl in a brown cloak steps out from around a tree. Little black cat ears and a cat tail poke out, and two blue glowing eyes peer out from the hood.

"Oh, hello. I'm Keo. I was following Salix, but I lost her."
    Misaki turns to regard the newcomer. "Hi! I'm Misaki, and this is Brinika." She looks the newcomer over curiously. "You're a catgirl too. Do you know Butler?"

19. - Top - End - #679
    Titan in the Playground

[Outside]

Yeah, but are you- and then, Keo shows up. Brinika peers at her with eyes wide. You know Salix?

Sophie backs away towards the cabin slowly, listening in for more tremors.

20. - Top - End - #680

The earth vampire will try to be patient this time and wait about an hour or two before it makes it's move. Unless someone else draws it's attention of course.

21. - Top - End - #681
    Dwarf in the Playground

Outside

"No, I don't know Butler. But I know Salix, she found me and led me here. To GLoG. And I met m'Reelshka, who said I could stay here. She's very nice."

She looks down at Brinka. She then gets down on her hands and knees, and looks her right in the face.

"You are so small. Why are you so small?"

Keo is not used to goblins. They are so small.

22. - Top - End - #682
    Titan in the Playground

Sophie doesn't retreat into her cabin. She doesn't raise an alarm yet either - no need to incite a panic as long as there's a chance she can deal with that thing herself. She stomps her foot on the ground a few times.
    Well? Aren't you going to go after me? Scared?

[Outside]

I'm a goblin! Brinika explains. Like Aunt Reelshka. Goblins are small.

23. - Top - End - #683

As Sophie is stomping the vampire decides it had enough and attempts to move through the earth as sneakily as possible. It was still young and hadn't really learn how to properly move without causing it's food to notice. It's going to attempt it now however and then attack Sophie from behind.

24. - Top - End - #684
    Titan in the Playground

Sophie, however, doesn't exactly have a lot of experience in detecting subterranean monsters. She only notices the earth vampire as it emerges from the ground behind her... and then, something strange happens. Just as it lunges at her, she begins radiating a powerful presence - nothing visible, but she sudddenly appears to personify and exemplify everything good and pure about humanity - conversely, everything the earth vampire is not. The earth vampire might feel a crippling sense of self-loathing and unworthiness just by being near her and find itself unable to strike. The sudden surge of power is probably possible to be detected by those with appropriate senes in the campsite.
    Last edited by Morty; 2011-11-12 at 05:08 PM.

25. - Top - End - #685

As Sophie uses her aura the vampire acts somewhat strangely as well. The large worm which was just about to attack just collapses on the ground and let's out a chilling howl before it start to change.

After a moment the howl have turned into a soft whimpering and in the light of Sophie's aura now lies a naked teenage girl covered in a thick layer of dirt.

26. - Top - End - #686
    Titan in the Playground

There is no light- the Edge has no visible effect. All it changes is the onlookers' perception of her. The aura still active, Sophie crouches next to the girl and tries to put an arm on her shoulder. Are you alright?
    It should be noted that any repentant monsters, especially those turned into them against their will, might see Sophie as an ideal to aspire to for as long as the presence is active.

27. - Top - End - #687
    Barbarian in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Gulaghar View Post
    [Forest]

Koro follows along quite willingly. You see, when he's got gold on the mind, it's hard to get him to think about anything else. And although the dwarf may have hid her gold, Koro can still smell it just fine.
    The dwarf grabs a quiver of bolts and a crossbow as she walks outside, before heading for the woods.

There are a few deer out here, bear. If we get one, don't eat it. I'll butcher it later, just kill it. She explains to the beargon that doesn't speak common.

[Underneath GloG - Night time]

In the dwarven tunnels underneath GloG a slight tremor might be noticed through the tunnel, almost as if there is something moving nearby, just above them.

The tremor can be felt above ground as well, everywhere within the GloG grounds there will be a slight shake as the ground underneath them is being moved away by something.
    The slight shaking is certainly felt underground. Not really paid attention to though - the only person there is a dwarven child who's currently harvesting plump helmets.

If the earth vampire is particularly unlucky, it might tunnel into a cistern full of magma or water.
    Last edited by billtodamax; 2011-11-12 at 08:08 PM.
    Recaiden made the mime doll.

Spoiler: Nexus Characters
    Show

28. - Top - End - #688
    Ogre in the Playground

[Forest]

Koro makes bear noises and follows along. It's impossible to tell if he has any idea what the dwarf is talking about.

29. - Top - End - #689
    Halfling in the Playground

Research Lab

Dr. Rein tears into camp in his old towncar, a look of fear and desperation on his face. The doctor stumbles out've his car, suitcase in hand, and runs for Toby's research lab.

"Tobias! Tobias?"

No one home. Adrian curses, tossing his things aside (along with his coat) and changing into a biohazard suit. With such advanced equipment, he should easily be able to prepare Umbrella's little cure.
    My avatar was done by Gullara. Thanks again!

"If you meet a spirit walking,
    Incline your head.
    Do not meet their gaze.
    Do not follow after."

-Things Our Mothers Tell Us

Nexus Characters

30. - Top - End - #690
    Barbarian in the Playground

Research Lab
    Adrian might be unhappy to find that the lab lacks one crucial ingredient for the cure.
    The blood from an infected.
    He also might notice someone's trying to message him on his laptop.
    Mindfreak by...I don't quite know who
    Nexus Characters | Pokemon RPG Rules
    Busy with Life