New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 3 of 51 FirstFirst 1234567891011121328 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #61
    Bugbear in the Playground

Default Re: {Nexus} Good League of Good LXXVII: Earth Vampires DON'T Sparkle!

[Cherry Cabin]

Rae shakes his head and sighs. "Assassins." What's hightailing it out pretty fast. He could probably catch him, but there's more important things to do. Namely, getting a hatchet out of a man's back and making sure he's okay. The half-angel will approach Marley, and apparently so does a tiger thing! "... It's pretty obvious that he does." He'll kneel down beside him, before trying to pull the hatchet out with his right hand and place his left hand over the wound. The Blue Ring on his hand starts glowing as he tries to heal Marley as best as he can. If Marley has anyone or anything out there that would hope for him to survive, he may very well get healed up all the way, or at least mostly. If not, well, the healing will probably only be moderately stronger than a Cure Light Wounds, enough to stabilize everything and start up the healing, but it won't be healed all the way by any means. "... I'm probably gonna sound stupid asking this, but are you alright?"
    I made comics!
    Spoiler
    Show

[/URL]
    Crae is the bestest daddy,
    I make avatars, all you have to do is ask, and I'll do it if I can.
    My Awards
    I've got a Formspring, ask me questions if you want.

2. - Top - End - #62
    Ogre in the Playground

[Main Cabin]

Renetta continues stroking his fur, fresh tears flow down her face. He didn't deserve this happening to him. She can't help but look at the stump where his paw used to be, and cringe at the sight.

3. - Top - End - #63

Cherry Cabin

Marley winces as the hatchet is pulled out his back. After that, he partly picks himself up.

"I'll be fine, just get me to the infirmary."

Then healing is applied, and it acts a lot stronger than it normally would. Healing factor, very useful, and with outside magical healing, the wounds will be closing up pretty soon.

4. - Top - End - #64
    Pixie in the Playground

[Cherry Cabin]

Hey! Valaira resents that observation! She looks nothing like a tiger! She is clearly a wolf... Who am I kidding? Valaira does look like a tiger-wolf-thingy to some measure.

There's not much Valaira can do here, seeing as how Rae has already tackled the healing process head-on. She also doesn't want to whip out her tendrils just to help Marley reach the infirmary. They'd probably just freak him out.

Instead, Valaira approaches the hatchet that was lodged in Marley's back, wherever it may now rest. She'll begin to sniff at it, attempting to capture a sample of every scent recently left on the bloody weapon. Valaira, try your tracking instincts!
    Last edited by The Alexandrian; 2011-10-23 at 10:54 PM.

5. - Top - End - #65
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Neon Knight View Post
    [Lakeshore]

Vire twists out of the way as much as he can, but his feet act like they're glued to the ground; His shoulder and the side of his face are hit, his ear bearing the brunt of the damage. Blood running down his neck, he curses and lets loose with a hail of bullets, working his single action revolver as fast as he can, his aim somewhat impeded by his wounds.

Modar stands up and snarls. "Goddamn, I hate doing this." With a flick of his wrist, he flays his own back open, blood coating the whip. The leather tongue curls and shifts, the surface growing green and scaled. The long leather whip transforms into a snake, hissing and spitting, venom dripping from long hollow fangs. With a bellow, Modar wrenches his arm back and swings the snake whip. It stretches and incredible distance to strike at Sophie, the viper head swinging round to strike with fangs bared.

((The toxin is only mildly venomous, and is not capable of killing. Minor envenomation will only cause pain. Medium envenomation will cause muscle spasms. Heavy envenomation will cause paralysis.))
    Sophie stutters: S-stop! and Vire will feel a compulsion not to fire, as before. Sophie is left with no defense against the whip however, so if it isn't stopped, it will bite her.
    Last edited by Morty; 2011-10-24 at 07:00 AM.
    My FFRP characters. Avatar by Ashen Lilies. Sigatars by Ashen Lilies, Gullara and Purple Eagle.
    Interested in the Nexus FFRP setting? See our Discord server.

6. - Top - End - #66

[Lakeshore]

Andy isn't the hero type, but this situation tells him she needs help. On the bad side he has no idea what may be able to help so he does the most obviouse thing. Due to the Green Lantern Power he flies over and tries to cover Sophie with his body, while he tries to catch the snake whipe with hsi left arm. (His arm is mechanical, but appears normal due to an illusion)
    Grammer is my declared deadly enemy!

Let's PLay's in German Take a Look at Bravely Default.

Nexus Characters: LINK

7. - Top - End - #67
    Troll in the Playground

Lakeshore

While the fighting is going on, Brand is struggling with the ropes. Brand certainly doesn't have any special skill with ropes to assist him though, so his luck is completely dependant on how well the hog-tying was done. If the knots were done well, his struggles are probably only making them tighter. If they were too hurried to do a perfect job, he might be able to get a hand free.
    My avatar! Isn't it just utterly diabolical? Ashen Lilies made it!

"Money cannot buy health, but I'd settle for a diamond-studded wheelchair."
    ― Dorothy Parker

Spoiler: Interested in Nexus FFRP? Newcomers welcome!
    Show
    FFRP Faqs |Nexus Faqs | Nexus IRC Chat
    We're friendly! Join the fun!
    Ext. Sig.
    PCs

8. - Top - End - #68
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Rae Artemi View Post
    [Lakeshore]

The words "Laurel, Magical Leaf!" and "Baaay!" can probably be heard before a cluster of black, pulsing, razor sharp leaves pass before Modar, hopefully knocking the snakewhip off course. The leaves came, of course, from the top of a Bayleef's head, with her young trainer standing beside her. The young girl wears a grey hooded coat and a mask to hide her face, but judging from her height and voice, she can't be more than thirteen. Not that that would matter to them, considering they are evil kidnappers and all that.

No matter what the leaves do, the girl will begin wiggling her fingers and muttering under her breath as soon as she is done giving the order to her pokemon.
    [Lakeshore]

The whip is knocked off course by the attack, and Modarmaskin stares at the girl and the pokemon a moment before shouting to Vire. "Come on, we've got to vamoose!"

Vire curses as his own finger betrays him, and he starts running back, now fully covered in dust. Brand will find that although the work was done quickly, Modar's knot-work is impeccable; good use of rope is a vital skill for a cowboy, even a black hat like Modar. As Vire reaches Modar, Modar reaches into a belt pocket and pulls out... a stick of dynamite. He holds the fuse to the barrel of his gun, lighting it with the muzzle flash, before dropping the hissing, smoking stick of explosives right on top of Brand. "That'll keep 'em busy!" Vire and Modar begin to retreat, hoping that the halfling's perilous situation will distract the heroes long enough to give them a clean getaway.

9. - Top - End - #69
    Troll in the Playground

Main Cabin

After Waterstrider falls asleep, Pansy takes stock of the situation. One severely injured Wolfen. One pregnant elf. Two halflings. No one in this room has any ability to fight, and she has no idea who hurt Waterstrider or where they are. Nor does she know where her son or husband are.

She wishes she had a gun. She wishes she knew how to use the far talking magic item they called a 'fone'. She wishes she hadn't taken it for granted that they were safe here.

She shoves down her terrors for now and walks around the building, locking all the doors and windows.

Lakeshore

Brand thrashes wildly, and muffled cries are heard. He probably succeeding in knocking the stick of dynamite off of him, but that's not really going to help much when it goes off.

― Dorothy Parker

Show
    Ext. Sig.
    PCs

10. - Top - End - #70
    Titan in the Playground

[Lakeshore]

Sophie tries to get up to push the dynamite away or throw it, but her injury slows her down, so someone else will have to do it.
    My FFRP characters. Avatar by Ashen Lilies. Sigatars by Ashen Lilies, Gullara and Purple Eagle.

11. - Top - End - #71
    Troll in the Playground

[Tree]

Quote Originally Posted by Morty View Post
    Reelshka narrows her eyes. She doesn't entirely trust Vidalia. She accepts the flower, though. Pleased to meet you. I take it you knew Butler long ago.
    Vidalia narrows her eyes right back, but then widens them and smiles. Oh yes. Butler and I are lovers from long ago.

She tries to carress Reelshka's cheek. You're too cute to be so suspicious. I will never harm one of Butler's friends.

Now Butler, why don't you show me where you last saw Tobias. Maybe I can help find him.

Lexington III, my Brute. Inner Circle. ! Melody

12. - Top - End - #72
    Ogre in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Lex-Kat View Post
    [Tree]

I'm sorry, Butler. Corentin is dead. And I didn't see Tobias down there. She says with genuine sorrow.

It's a pleasure to meet two of Butler's friends. she offers another white flower to Reelshka.
    Quote Originally Posted by Morty View Post
    [Tree]

Reelshka narrows her eyes. She doesn't entirely trust Vidalia. She accepts the flower, though. Pleased to meet you. I take it you knew Butler long ago.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lex-Kat View Post
    [Tree]

Vidalia narrows her eyes right back, but then widens them and smiles. Oh yes. Butler and I are lovers from long ago.

She tries to carress Reelshka's cheek. You're too cute to be so suspicious. I will never harm one of Butler's friends.

Now Butler, why don't you show me where you last saw Tobias. Maybe I can help find him.

[Tree]
    "I'm so sorry ma'am. I should have saved him ma'am."
    And now Corentin is dead cause he was too slow. That'll keep Butler up tonight.

"Tobias was eaten over here ma'ams."

Butler says, leading the way for the three women to the site of Tobias' kidnapping.

[Outside]
    Irene screams in frustration. Of course the monster would be able to be invisible to her now when most invisible people wouldn't.
    She turns to float back to the Infirmary. She needed this eye thing fixed and soon.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Magtok View Post
    Gods, Reinholdt was right, a hundred percent right.
    Spoiler
    Show
    -Nyahahaha~
    Quote Originally Posted by Supagoof View Post
    Tale as old as thread
    And you find yourself dead
    Reinholdt was the Beast
    Quote Originally Posted by Philistine View Post
    Reinholdt had already told the truth once in that post, and therefore was over his annual quota.

13. - Top - End - #73
    Titan in the Playground

[Tree]

Reelshka's ears fall back and she steps away from the vine. Vidalia is much too forward for her taste. She follows Butler, feeling like the world is going crazy. Well, crazier.

14. - Top - End - #74
    Troll in the Playground

{Going away from the Tree}

Vidalia frowns a bit as Reelshka avoids her caress. ((with a hand, btw ))

Butler, don't worry about it. That wasn't the real Corentin. That was one of my last clones of him. The real Corentin died looong ago. she says the last part sadly.

When they reach the "over here", Vidalia will search the ground for any clues. A couple of onions will appear from the grass in the surrounding area, and she'll send them further in to search the area also.

15. - Top - End - #75
    Troll in the Playground

[Going away from the Tree]

Misaki follows, walking alongside Vidalia. "Oh, wow, you can control flowers? Can you teach me to do that? Can you?"

16. - Top - End - #76
    Ogre in the Playground

[Forest]

Butler has no idea what clones are! So just looks at Vidalia funny.

Murkus and Billtodamax can better tell about any sort of evidence or witnesses left at the scene, since they were the primary ones involved.

So talking about flowers seems best.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Magtok View Post
    Gods, Reinholdt was right, a hundred percent right.
    Spoiler
    Show
    -Nyahahaha~
    Quote Originally Posted by Supagoof View Post
    Tale as old as thread
    And you find yourself dead
    Reinholdt was the Beast
    Quote Originally Posted by Philistine View Post
    Reinholdt had already told the truth once in that post, and therefore was over his annual quota.

17. - Top - End - #77

Lakeshore

Andy seems to note what the two are afraid of and hurries over. In his haste he didn't realize that putting it out will be the easy way. He tries to grap the dynamite and throws it over the lake assuming there isn't anyone visible. If he can note that the dynamite will go off to soon he wil also create a shield made of green energy to save all near him.

18. - Top - End - #78

[Lakeshore]

As soon as Andy throws it, the girl with the Bayleef will raise her hands to the dynamite and say something! The dynamite will then transform into bubblegum. Since it's just prestidigitation, the transformation is temporary, but it still should be enough to stop the explosion from ever happening. Meanwhile, the Bayleef will go over to gnaw through the ropes around Brand!
    I made comics!
    Spoiler
    Show

[/URL]
    Crae is the bestest daddy,
    I make avatars, all you have to do is ask, and I'll do it if I can.
    My Awards
    I've got a Formspring, ask me questions if you want.

19. - Top - End - #79
    Ogre in the Playground

Main Cabin

Waterstrider nuzzles against Renetta in his troubled sleep, whimpering quietly. It looks like he'll be out for quite a while.

20. - Top - End - #80
    Ogre in the Playground

[Main Cabin]

"We need to do something for his paw. We can't just leave him like this." Renetta says to Pansy, desperation in her voice. She's terrified for him.

21. - Top - End - #81
    Troll in the Playground

Main Cabin

"It's not safe to go for help. Whoever did this might still be out there. Do you know how to use the magic far-talker to call for help?"
    Pansy asks Renetta, gesturing towards the phone.

Lakeshore

As soon as the ropes are chewed through, Brand is up like a shot and running back towards the campsite. He knows he should thank the people who saved his freedom and his life, but he has to know if his family is safe first.

((only post - too tired to post tonight))
    Last edited by happyturtle; 2011-10-24 at 07:55 PM.

― Dorothy Parker

Show
    Ext. Sig.
    PCs

22. - Top - End - #82
    Troll in the Playground

[Forest]

Quote Originally Posted by Neon Knight View Post
    Misaki follows, walking alongside Vidalia. "Oh, wow, you can control flowers? Can you teach me to do that? Can you?"
    Vidalia smiles up at Misaki. There made from onions. I have an innate ability to control them. To make them appear anyway I want them to. Sure enough, if Reelshka and/or Misaki sniff their flowers, they smell of sweetened onions.

Vidalia continues to search the ground, looking for anything that may lead her to Tobias. Honestly, I don't even know if I could teach it. But, if you'd still like to, I'd be willing to try.

23. - Top - End - #83
    Ogre in the Playground

[Main Cabin]

Renetta shakes her head. She has no clue how to use the phone. Well that settles it. The elf goes to stand up and march right out of the cabin despite anyone's protests. At least, that's the plan.

24. - Top - End - #84
    Ogre in the Playground

Main Cabin

After Renetta moves, Waterstrider wakes as he senses one of the two comforting presences leaving his side. He lifts his head up and looks at the elf, giving a low growl to try and get her to stop and come back, knowing that outside was unsafe.

25. - Top - End - #85
    Troll in the Playground

[Lakeshore]

The dynamite does not turn into bubblegum, because it is owned by me, and it is much more dramatic if it actually explodes.

Speaking of which...

The sparking stick whirls end over end as it leaves Andy's handy, arcing high over the lake before exploding with a sound like thunder. Some of the cabins rattle, and a few fish float to the surface of the lake, stunned. Everyone will be unharmed, but the two black hats are nowhere in sight.

___

[Forest]

Misaki frowns and kicks at the dirt. "Awwwww...."
    Last edited by Neon Knight; 2011-10-24 at 11:36 PM.

26. - Top - End - #86
    Troll in the Playground

Main Cabin

Pansy screams when she hears the explosion. Her composure snaps, and she drops to the floor next to Waterstrider, clinging to him and her daughter and crying in terror.

― Dorothy Parker

Show
    Ext. Sig.
    PCs

27. - Top - End - #87

[Lakeshore]

Andy covers his face for the explosion and after it's over he looks at Sophie.

"Are you okay?"

Well he hasn't really noticed her wounds yet.

28. - Top - End - #88
    Barbarian in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Reinholdt View Post
    [Forest]

Butler has no idea what clones are! So just looks at Vidalia funny.

Murkus and Billtodamax can better tell about any sort of evidence or witnesses left at the scene, since they were the primary ones involved.

So talking about flowers seems best.
    My dwarf has already left the scene, and is currently standing next to a lever listening for the screams of the orks.

There will be several dents in the ground, and a couple in some trees. Those hammer swings had to hit something.
    Recaiden made the mime doll.

Spoiler: Nexus Characters
    Show

29. - Top - End - #89
    Titan in the Playground

[Lakeshore]

What does it -nggh!- look like? Sophie asks a little sourly. The wound in her side is bleeding and as a result, her clothes are stained with the red liquid. All in all, it's hard not to notice. Could anyone get me to the Infirmary?

[Forest]

Reelshka decides that a small child shouldn't really be looking at crime scenes. Misaki, could you go to the Mushroom Cellar to tell Brinika that you and Butler are fine? She was really scared.

30. - Top - End - #90
    Ogre in the Playground

[Main Cabin]

Renetta stops when Waterstrider growls. Everything about this worries her. She doesn't get much more time to think about this, as the explosion just went off. The elf drops back down on her knees and covers her ears. Why is this happening?