New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 30 of 51 FirstFirst ... 5202122232425262728293031323334353637383940 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #871
    Orc in the Playground

Default Re: {Nexus} Good League of Good LXXVII: Earth Vampires DON'T Sparkle!

By The Lake

Andy can drag Malaaraha off if nobody else intervenes. The elf has yet to awaken. They are indeed by the lake.

Other Side Of The Lake

Myrim's wide-eyed, and steps out from behind Brand. "What... What was that? Somebody blessed by the Moon Goddess?" Where Myrim's from, lycanthropes are people born on a full moon. When they reach puberty, the Moon Goddess blesses them with the ability to turn into an example of the nearest large, wild, magicless predator species. So Marsh Goblin lycanthropes are commonly crocodiles, anaconda, and so on, whilst a City Elf would be a werelion, wereleopard, werecheetah, werehyena, etc, as their cities are predominantly on warm grasslands.

A Distance From The Gate

There's an ornate carriage here. The wheels have been lifted off the ground by a complicated mechanism giving it four legs, and the carriage won't move until the mechanism has been reused. It is made of highly polished dark wood, though the wheels are a pale, nearly white. It is inlaid with spirals of gold, silver, and platinum. There's a short, bearded figure sitting on the front, apparantly asleep. His clothing is fine, and he has a long, swishy cane. Between the long yokes where other carriages have horses, this one has four ten-foot-tall humanoid creatures with bull's heads and immensely muscled bodies. Their horns have all been cut off a foot from their skulls, and their manacles and collars have been welded together so they can't move their arms. Their eyes are small, beady, and red- with pain, anger, distress and hatred. They are all nude, save for a simple loincloth, and they have brown fur. They look incredibly savage and vicious; freeing them might be dangerous.
    Terrowin Avatar by HappyTurtle. Much thanks!

2. - Top - End - #872
    Titan in the Playground

[Other Side Of The Lake]

This is one of our Council members. I had no idea she was so violent, though, Reelshka states dryly. I don't know where her abilities come from either. Looks like your fellow slaves will be set free, though. So that's good.
    My FFRP characters. Avatar by Ashen Lilies. Sigatars by Ashen Lilies, Gullara and Purple Eagle.
    Interested in the Nexus FFRP setting? See our Discord server.

3. - Top - End - #873
    Troll in the Playground

Other Side of the Lake

Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Morty View Post
    There are the three elves that helped me with the cabins a lot. But they're also ex-slaves, so it's not a good idea to send them either. Plus, same player and all that. And if she has more slaves with her, we can't let her leave with- Earth Queen, what is Zamira doing?! Reelshka stares at the Lunar across the lake.
    Quote Originally Posted by Earl of Purple View Post
    By The Lake

Unfortunately, it seems Andy was too slow to stop Zamira, and the elf is easily picked up and slammed into the ground. Just how much of the rant Malaaraha hears is debatable, however; she fainted from shock shortly after hitting the floor. She is therefore unable to reply.

Other Side Of The Lake

"There's four minotaur pulling her carriage and her Hill Dwarf driver down the hill. Be careful with the minotaur; they've had their horns shortened and their shackles are welded to their collars, but one broke both legs of the man who chained them to the carriage, and would have killed him had he not been dragged off. The dwarf's less trouble; he was na-" When Myrim catches sight of Zamira's warform smashing Malaaraha against the ground, she whimpers and ducks behind Brand.
    Quote Originally Posted by Earl of Purple View Post
    By The Lake

Andy can drag Malaaraha off if nobody else intervenes. The elf has yet to awaken. They are indeed by the lake.

Other Side Of The Lake

Myrim's wide-eyed, and steps out from behind Brand. "What... What was that? Somebody blessed by the Moon Goddess?" Where Myrim's from, lycanthropes are people born on a full moon. When they reach puberty, the Moon Goddess blesses them with the ability to turn into an example of the nearest large, wild, magicless predator species. So Marsh Goblin lycanthropes are commonly crocodiles, anaconda, and so on, whilst a City Elf would be a werelion, wereleopard, werecheetah, werehyena, etc, as their cities are predominantly on warm grasslands.

A Distance From The Gate

There's an ornate carriage here. The wheels have been lifted off the ground by a complicated mechanism giving it four legs, and the carriage won't move until the mechanism has been reused. It is made of highly polished dark wood, though the wheels are a pale, nearly white. It is inlaid with spirals of gold, silver, and platinum. There's a short, bearded figure sitting on the front, apparantly asleep. His clothing is fine, and he has a long, swishy cane. Between the long yokes where other carriages have horses, this one has four ten-foot-tall humanoid creatures with bull's heads and immensely muscled bodies. Their horns have all been cut off a foot from their skulls, and their manacles and collars have been welded together so they can't move their arms. Their eyes are small, beady, and red- with pain, anger, distress and hatred. They are all nude, save for a simple loincloth, and they have brown fur. They look incredibly savage and vicious; freeing them might be dangerous.
    Quote Originally Posted by Morty View Post
    [Other Side Of The Lake]

This is one of our Council members. I had no idea she was so violent, though, Reelshka states dryly. I don't know where her abilities come from either. Looks like your fellow slaves will be set free, though. So that's good.

((Where is Andy dragging the elven woman off to? The infirmary? Or his own cabin?))

"How likely are the minotaur to be violent? Can they communicate? Will they understand they're being freed?" Brand asks. He's a little worried about rampaging minotaurs harming his family members, but hopes it won't come to that. He also takes note of the mention of elven ex-slaves. He had only seen glimpses of them, and didn't know their history, but now he'll try and speak to them.
    Last edited by happyturtle; 2011-11-17 at 05:52 PM.
    My avatar! Isn't it just utterly diabolical? Ashen Lilies made it!

"Money cannot buy health, but I'd settle for a diamond-studded wheelchair."
    ― Dorothy Parker

Spoiler: Interested in Nexus FFRP? Newcomers welcome!
    Show
    FFRP Faqs |Nexus Faqs | Nexus IRC Chat
    We're friendly! Join the fun!
    Ext. Sig.
    PCs

4. - Top - End - #874
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by happyturtle View Post
    Lake 3.0

"We'd like to go back one day, but not yet. We need stability, and this is a good place to raise a family. Maybe when the children are older, we'll be willing to take the risks of a journey."
    Pansy says.
    Lake 3.0

Waterstrider smiles a bit and gives a slight shudder as he dries off. "Should you need a guide, I'm sure my brother will help." He offers.

5. - Top - End - #875
    Ogre in the Playground

[By the Lake]

Phoenix kneels by the collapsed elven lady and attempts to trace marks of Revival on her forehead with a finger.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Magtok
    She’s graduated from child soldier to unstable teen sorceress, way to go.

6. - Top - End - #876
    Bugbear in the Playground

[By the Lake] - [A tree near the lake]

As the tag sais Andy will drag her to one of the trees. After all he don't want her inside any GloG building for now. As phonex tries to do something he spoke up.

"What are you going to do?"
    Last edited by Zefir; 2011-11-17 at 06:37 PM.
    Grammer is my declared deadly enemy!

Let's PLay's in German Take a Look at Bravely Default.

Nexus Characters: LINK

7. - Top - End - #877
    Ogre in the Playground

[A tree]

"Ask some questions. Politely." Says Phoenix.

8. - Top - End - #878
    Bugbear in the Playground

[A tree]

Andy looks at him a bit confused.

"How can you ask questions politely, when the person you ask is unconscious?"
    Grammer is my declared deadly enemy!

Let's PLay's in German Take a Look at Bravely Default.

Nexus Characters: LINK

9. - Top - End - #879
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Wolfbane View Post
    Lake 3.0

Waterstrider smiles a bit and gives a slight shudder as he dries off. "Should you need a guide, I'm sure my brother will help." He offers.

"We love you both, and think of you as family,"
    Pansy says. "That gives us another reason to stay."

― Dorothy Parker

Show
    Ext. Sig.
    PCs

10. - Top - End - #880
    Ogre in the Playground

[Lake Isle]

Skaan peers up out of the water, a fish in her mouth. Tilting her head, the crab-girl looks around the edge of the lake, having been listening in on the various commotions that have been going on. She's not really sure what's happening, but she pulls herself out onto the lake's central isle and spits out the fish, trying to catch it as it starts to flop around, seeming to dodge her every attempt to grab it.

Swinging her hand down to the bank, she smacks the sand as the fish bounces up into the air, landing a foot or so away. Gurgling in frustration, the crab-girl swings her hand again, pushing herself forward to grab it. The fish bounces again just out of reach, and Skaan flops down onto the sand, her hands waving in front of her in a desperate attempt to catch the elusive trout. Pushing herself forwards again, her hand swings and misses, the fish leaping it and sailing back into the water. Stunned for about a moment, it swiftly flees away into the lake's depths.

Skaan is most distressed by this! Drenched, covered in sand, and with no fish to show for it! She looks down at the water with a pout on her face. She isn't cut out for this fishing stuff.
    Last edited by Darklord Bright; 2011-11-17 at 08:18 PM.

11. - Top - End - #881
    Ogre in the Playground

[Entrance -> Main Campsite]

Worst of all, I knew I had to become the very thing I feared the most.

Flaming hawt human Reinholdt... walks back into camp. He looks, well, a bit nervous, but not all out paranoid. His gun looks a little bit newer, like he had cleaned it up a bunch.

But he walks right in and takes a look around to see who is around.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Magtok View Post
    Gods, Reinholdt was right, a hundred percent right.
    Spoiler
    Show
    -Nyahahaha~
    Quote Originally Posted by Supagoof View Post
    Tale as old as thread
    And you find yourself dead
    Reinholdt was the Beast
    Quote Originally Posted by Philistine View Post
    Reinholdt had already told the truth once in that post, and therefore was over his annual quota.

12. - Top - End - #882
    Troll in the Playground

Main Campsite

There's Brand, Myrim, and Reelshka, deadtimed at one part of the lake's shore.

Pansy and Waterstrider are talking at another part of the shore.

Andy and Phoenix are arguing over an unconscious elven lady at a third part.

A crab girl is on the island.

And two halfling children are creeping around the Main Cabin:

"Where did you see them?" Lily asks.

"I saw one near the larder. We have to find where they're getting in." Tito answers.

"Are you sure it was a rat? Not just a mouse?"

"It was too big to be a mouse! But even if it was a mouse, we'd still have to keep them out of the kitchen"

― Dorothy Parker

Show
    Ext. Sig.
    PCs

13. - Top - End - #883
    Troll in the Playground

By the Front Gate

Quote Originally Posted by horngeek View Post
    She may intercept Zamira heading for the front gate and the slaves beyond!

And her expression's pretty much unreadable.
    Shrike moves to position herself in the gate, arms crossed!
    "So, who got beat up this time?"
    ...it seems she's seen this before...

[Outside Infirmary

Quote Originally Posted by Lex-Kat View Post
    Vidalia nods. Okay. she says with a smile.

She then raises her hand, palm up. Out of nowhere, a small onion appears, which promptly jumps down and rolls over to Jamie, nuzzling against her foot. Jamie! it says.

Well, I'm going back inside to see if Quinn's ready. and she does so.
    Jamie smiles at Vidalia, then can't help but giggle at the little onion!
    And she goes to scoop it up, already entranced.
    "Hey there little fellow!"

Quinn is finishing loading up a small arsenal in her extradimensional pack.

Inner Circle
    Spoiler
    Show

Werewolf Games
    Spoiler
    Show
    Games Won: 5
    Ashna and Brendan dolls by Recaiden
    BR by Dr. Bath

BR's Bag o' Nuts · The Russkijs · Bushrangers explained
    Homebrew
    Condiments · Pianos · Tumbleweeds · Drow Bloodline · Half-Drow Noble · Lacy Items

14. - Top - End - #884
    Barbarian in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by happyturtle View Post
    Main Campsite

There's Brand, Myrim, and Reelshka, deadtimed at one part of the lake's shore.

Pansy and Waterstrider are talking at another part of the shore.

Andy and Phoenix are arguing over an unconscious elven lady at a third part.

A crab girl is on the island.

And two halfling children are creeping around the Main Cabin:

"Where did you see them?" Lily asks.

"I saw one near the larder. We have to find where they're getting in." Tito answers.

"Are you sure it was a rat? Not just a mouse?"

"It was too big to be a mouse! But even if it was a mouse, we'd still have to keep them out of the kitchen"
    Main Cabin

Well what a coincidence. Besides the multitude of rats out and about in the fields, there happens to be one stalking the pair of children right now. Small and bluish-grey, it could be mistaken for some other type of rodent at first sight, but once you see the tail there is no mistaking it.

It is fairly low to the ground, and depending on how high the grass is might be almost invisible or completely out in the open.

*Stalk, stalk, stalk the rascally munchkins...*
    Julie, everyone's nth favorite succubus, by Gulaghar.
    An amazing Misha, Mimi, and Riss painting done by Ofride.
    For anyone in plots run by me, know that I always tailor solutions to those in the plot. The answer may not be obvious, but it's there, and doable by the displayed abilities of the present characters. If you need help or hints, I'll try to be available to provide them.

15. - Top - End - #885
    Ogre in the Playground

Main Cabin

Is closer to Reinholdt than the awfully crowded lake.

So he heads over to the children. I do believe he's seen them before, in the kitchen once or twice.

"Hello. You looking for something?"
    Spoiler
    Show
    -Nyahahaha~
    Tale as old as thread
    Reinholdt was the Beast
    Reinholdt had already told the truth once in that post, and therefore was over his annual quota.

16. - Top - End - #886
    Troll in the Playground

[Outside Infirmary

Quote Originally Posted by The Bushranger View Post
    Jamie smiles at Vidalia, then can't help but giggle at the little onion!
    And she goes to scoop it up, already entranced.
    "Hey there little fellow!"
    The onion is scooped up and it begins to purr. Where we go now, Jamie? it asks in a cute child-like voice.

{Inside Infirmary}

Quinn is finishing loading up a small arsenal in her extradimensional pack.
    Are you ready yet? and where are we going? Vidalia says, getting impatient.

Lexington III, my Brute. Inner Circle. ! Melody

17. - Top - End - #887
    Troll in the Playground

Outside the Main Cabin

Tito has seen Reinholdt around, so he doesn't activate his 'flee from strangers!' mode. "I saw a rat in the kitchen. We're trying to find out how they're getting in."

"I bet it was just a mouse." Lily insists, on absolutely no evidence at all except being contrary to her brother.

Neither child sees the rat that is stalking them. They do not make good hunters.

― Dorothy Parker

Show
    Ext. Sig.
    PCs

18. - Top - End - #888
    Ogre in the Playground

Main Cabin

Reinholdt won't notice it either. Not in his current form.

"A rodent infestation, huh? Well, we can take care of that, can't we? Let's keep looking for where they're getting in."
    And then turn into a ferocious cat and nom those tasty things. >>
    Spoiler
    Show
    -Nyahahaha~
    Tale as old as thread
    Reinholdt was the Beast

19. - Top - End - #889

Main Cabin

Something about Reinholdt makes the rat ill at ease. It was hoping to make friends with the two children, but it was well aware that older humans don't take too kindly to their presence.

It will attempt to reverse direction and take off, trying to find some other young ones to befriend. It does so a bit more hastily than necessary, possibly alerting the three to its presence as it rushes off and disturbs the grass.
    For anyone in plots run by me, know that I always tailor solutions to those in the plot. The answer may not be obvious, but it's there, and doable by the displayed abilities of the present characters. If you need help or hints, I'll try to be available to provide them.

20. - Top - End - #890
    Troll in the Playground

Outside - Main Cabin

"Look! There is goes!" Tito says, pointing. Lily turns around too late. "I don't see anything."

Incidentally, neither child will be pleased to see rats in the kitchen. Too much training as cooks. It might be possible that they'd make friends with one outside the kitchen, but it would not be an automatic success. Their pre-existing opinion is that rats are filthy.

― Dorothy Parker

Show
    Ext. Sig.
    PCs

21. - Top - End - #891
    Ogre in the Playground

Outside - Main Cabin

"I've got it!" Reinholdt turns to give chase, turning into a kitty as he goes. Catch the rat! Catch it! Of course, since Reinholdt didn't have the pouncing element of surprise, the rat will probably get away. This time.
    Spoiler
    Show
    -Nyahahaha~
    Tale as old as thread
    Reinholdt was the Beast

22. - Top - End - #892

Main Cabin ->Flee!

I'd say the terrified rat had a sufficient headstart to get away, and it will only move faster once it realises it has a cat on its tail.

Incidently, no matter how hard the children search, they won't find any rats in the larder. At least not during the day when they could be caught.

If they search hard enough though, they might find a semi open door, with a crack so small it doesn't look like anything bigger than a bug could get in. This is where the rats might have gained entrance to the main cabin, assuming the building is sufficiently godmoddable to allow such a crack to exist.

23. - Top - End - #893
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Zefir View Post
    [A tree]

Andy looks at him a bit confused.

"How can you ask questions politely, when the person you ask is unconscious?"
    [A Tree]

"By reviving them, of course."
    *trace trace trace*

24. - Top - End - #894
    Troll in the Playground

Outside the Main Cabin

It's a wooden building, and isn't one of the ones that has not been rebuilt. That means it's likely 10 or 20 years old. There are any number of places rats could get in. It would take an immense effort to make it rat proof.

"I don't think you saw anything,"
    Lily insists, arms crossed.

― Dorothy Parker

Show
    Ext. Sig.
    PCs

25. - Top - End - #895
    Troll in the Playground

[Outside Infirmary

The onion is scooped up and it begins to purr. Where we go now, Jamie? it asks in a cute child-like voice.
    Jamie giggles again. "How about we go to the garden where we can take care of some of those nasty weeds?" she suggests, petting the onion and feeling very mother-y.

{Inside Infirmary}

Are you ready yet? and where are we going? Vidalia says, getting impatient.
    "Well, I'm ready, but I only have a vague idea where," Quinn admits.

(And FF wants to work things diplomatically. I think.))
    Last edited by The Bushranger; 2011-11-17 at 09:45 PM.

Inner Circle
    Spoiler
    Show

Werewolf Games
    Spoiler
    Show
    BR by Dr. Bath

Homebrew
    Condiments · Pianos · Tumbleweeds · Drow Bloodline · Half-Drow Noble · Lacy Items

26. - Top - End - #896
    Troll in the Playground

{--> Garden}

Yay!! The little onion grows two vines and starts chopping them at the air. Whack! Whack! Whack!

Just in case Jamie accidently gets snapped, it may sting a little, but not any worse that a a barely stretched rubberband would do.

{Inside Infirmary}

Vidalia rolls her eyes. Then take us to this vagueness. I'm getting bored! And Butler is depending on me.

((Hey! Vidalia can be diplomatic. Just a light whipping, and everyone is sure to see things her way. ))
    Last edited by Lex-Kat; 2011-11-17 at 10:05 PM.

Lexington III, my Brute. Inner Circle. ! Melody

27. - Top - End - #897
    Ogre in the Playground

Outside the Main Cabin

Reinholdt chases for a while, before giving up. He returns in the general direction of the main cabin, before changing his mind and deciding to head for his old sunning spot to sit there. Oh it's been so long.
    *purr purr*
    Spoiler
    Show
    -Nyahahaha~
    Tale as old as thread
    Reinholdt was the Beast

28. - Top - End - #898
    Ogre in the Playground

By the Front Gate

Shrike moves to position herself in the gate, arms crossed!
    "So, who got beat up this time?"
    ...it seems she's seen this before...
    "Elf. Slaveowner. Not dead, just unconscious.

She's got some Minotaurs outside, I'm going to free them too."

Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Revlid View Post
    And so it was that Zaeed, Aang, Winry, Ezio, Sadoko and Snow White all set out on their epic journey to destroy The Empire.

God I love Exalted.

Gold Dragon avatar by Serpentine

29. - Top - End - #899
    Troll in the Playground

Garden

{--> Garden}

Yay!! The little onion grows two vines and starts chopping them at the air. Whack! Whack! Whack!

Just in case Jamie accidently gets snapped, it may sting a little, but not any worse that a a barely stretched rubberband would do.
    Jamie eeps, then giggles cheerfully, and goes to put the little onion by the garden gate. "Do you have a name?"

{Inside Infirmary}

Vidalia rolls her eyes. Then take us to this vagueness. I'm getting bored! And Butler is depending on me.

((Hey! Vidalia can be diplomatic. Just a light whipping, and everyone is sure to see things her way. ))

Quinn nods, grabbing what looks for all the world like an oversized blunderbuss, and heading for the gate!

Meanwhile at the gate...

Quote Originally Posted by horngeek View Post
    "Elf. Slaveowner. Not dead, just unconscious.

She's got some Minotaurs outside, I'm going to free them too."
    Shrike nods, then steps aside.
    "Well, then, lead on McGuff."

Inner Circle
    Spoiler
    Show

Werewolf Games
    Spoiler
    Show
    BR by Dr. Bath

Homebrew

30. - Top - End - #900

Toby appears in the middle of the camp. He looks around, sees Rein at the sunning spot, and hurriedly rushes towards him. Hey! The assassin is coming back! I need you to get to the cellar with me so we can talk!
    “Me quoque per multos similis fortuna labores
    iactatam hac demum voluit consistere terra.
    Non ignara mali, miseris succurrere disco.”

– Publius Vergilius Maro, The Aeneid