New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 33 of 51 FirstFirst ... 8232425262728293031323334353637383940414243 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #961
    Barbarian in the Playground

Default Re: {Nexus} Good League of Good LXXVII: Earth Vampires DON'T Sparkle!

Skies Above -> Main Cabin

She lives in a cellar? Isn't that a little-*Smacks* No! No racism! Bad Maggy!

"Me too, Reelshka. I-"

Oh hey look, it's Reinholdt! He looks pretty suspicious. Hmm...Oh! Y'know what would be fun? Giving the fair goblin lady her end-of-date kiss right now, just to completely blow the mind of that loathsome little feline. It doesn't have to be anything completely over the top like the kiss you gave Pat, since you're still piloting a hovercraft and don't know her anywhere near as well, but let's jazz it up just enough to freak him the hell out. Haha, take that, kitten!
    Quote Originally Posted by RabbitHoleLost View Post
    Magtok's the best
    "You probably found 'How to Survive a Robot Uprising' in the humor section. Let's just hope that is where it belongs."
    -Daniel H. Wilson
    Unhooded Magtok avvie by urodivoi

2. - Top - End - #962
    Titan in the Playground

[Main Cabin]

It's a very nicely furnished cellar!
    Reelshka is somewhat swept up in the moment and, half-noticing Reinholdt or not noticing him at all, kisses Magtok back. It's a fairly modest kiss on her part as well for much the same reasons. It might feel weird for Magtok due to, well, the two three-inch-long fangs in her lower jaw.
    Last edited by Morty; 2011-11-20 at 01:54 PM.
    My FFRP characters. Avatar by Ashen Lilies. Sigatars by Ashen Lilies, Gullara and Purple Eagle.
    Interested in the Nexus FFRP setting? See our Discord server.

3. - Top - End - #963
    Ogre in the Playground

[Outside Main Cabin]

Reinholdt's reaction is along the lines of jaw drop. After a stunned second, he zips up there to float right outside the paddle boat.

"OH HI! Nice to see you again. Not interrupting anything am I?" Reinholdt asks loudly.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Magtok View Post
    Gods, Reinholdt was right, a hundred percent right.
    Spoiler
    Show
    -Nyahahaha~
    Quote Originally Posted by Supagoof View Post
    Tale as old as thread
    And you find yourself dead
    Reinholdt was the Beast
    Quote Originally Posted by Philistine View Post
    Reinholdt had already told the truth once in that post, and therefore was over his annual quota.

4. - Top - End - #964
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Earl of Purple View Post
    Outside The Main Entrance, A Distance Down The Path

There's an ornate carriage here. The wheels have been lifted off the ground by a complicated mechanism giving it four legs, and the carriage won't move until the mechanism has been reused. It is made of highly polished dark wood, though the wheels are a pale, nearly white. It is inlaid with spirals of gold, silver, and platinum. There's a short, bearded figure sitting on the front, apparantly asleep. His clothing is fine, and he has a long, swishy cane. Between the long yokes where other carriages have horses, this one has four ten-foot-tall humanoid creatures with bull's heads and immensely muscled bodies. Their horns have all been cut off a foot from their skulls, and their manacles and collars have been welded together so they can't move their arms. Their eyes are small, beady, and red- with pain, anger, distress and hatred. They are all nude, save for a simple loincloth, and they have brown fur. They look incredibly savage and vicious; freeing them might be dangerous.
    Zamira frowns. "Shrike, how do you suggest we handle this? I'm thinking wake the dwarf up first, to see his situation and get him away from here before we free the minotaurs."

Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Revlid View Post
    And so it was that Zaeed, Aang, Winry, Ezio, Sadoko and Snow White all set out on their epic journey to destroy The Empire.

God I love Exalted.

Gold Dragon avatar by Serpentine

5. - Top - End - #965

Outside Main Cabin

It wouldn't be the first time Magtok's been kissed by someone with a slightly abnormal set of teeth, but the goblinoid teeth and such are still pretty darned new. It's new and confusing and unfamiliar, but not entirely unpleasant, either. Or at least, it wasn't until Reinholdt had to come along and loudly intrude like a huge jerkfacey jerk.

"Oh hey, Rein! Don't mind me, I'm just dropping Reelshka off is all."

Magtok comes to a stop an inch or two off the ground. He gives his adversary an devious little grin, knowing full well how flustered and confused and jealous of Reelshka the Treasure-Hunter Extraordinaire must be right now, and not caring even a little. He does absolutely nothing to cool down that steaming kettle of kitten emotions, instead basking in every moment of it. That's alright though, I'm sure he can ask the goblin lady herself all about what happened once he's gone.
    Magtok's the best
    "You probably found 'How to Survive a Robot Uprising' in the humor section. Let's just hope that is where it belongs."
    -Daniel H. Wilson

6. - Top - End - #966
    Bugbear in the Playground

By The Tree

Andy facepalm and sight.

"I really doubt the elfes could handle the humans in your homeworld. Such show of stupidity and arogance. Your time is over...very soon. Just to clear this again she wasn#t a slave no one here is any slave."
    Grammer is my declared deadly enemy!

Let's PLay's in German Take a Look at Bravely Default.

Nexus Characters: LINK

7. - Top - End - #967
    Titan in the Playground

[Outside Main Cabin]

Reelshka is surprised by Reinholdt as well, but she manages to regain her composure quickly and smiles pleasantly at the cat. Yes, Magtok was kind enough to give me a lift home. She hops off the paddleboat and lands on the ground, then gives Magtok a curtsy. Until we meet again, Magtok.
    My FFRP characters. Avatar by Ashen Lilies. Sigatars by Ashen Lilies, Gullara and Purple Eagle.

8. - Top - End - #968
    Troll in the Playground

[Outside somewhere]

Quote Originally Posted by horngeek View Post
    Zamira frowns. "Shrike, how do you suggest we handle this? I'm thinking wake the dwarf up first, to see his situation and get him away from here before we free the minotaurs."
    "That might be a good idea. He should at least live to stand trial," Shrike says, her eyes glittering dangerously.

Inner Circle
    Spoiler
    Show

Werewolf Games
    Spoiler
    Show
    Games Won: 5
    Ashna and Brendan dolls by Recaiden
    BR by Dr. Bath

BR's Bag o' Nuts · The Russkijs · Bushrangers explained
    Homebrew
    Condiments · Pianos · Tumbleweeds · Drow Bloodline · Half-Drow Noble · Lacy Items

9. - Top - End - #969
    Ogre in the Playground

"Find out whether he is a slave or not first. He might just be more 'trusted' than the other slaves."

Zamira hops up on the carriage and will try to shake the dwarf awake!

Gently.

Spoiler
    Show
    And so it was that Zaeed, Aang, Winry, Ezio, Sadoko and Snow White all set out on their epic journey to destroy The Empire.

God I love Exalted.

10. - Top - End - #970
    Ogre in the Playground

[Outside Main Cabin]

"How very... nice of him." Reinholdt says between clenched teeth, totally not jealous at all. Honest. >>
    Which is a total lie. He misses kissing. Hasn't had anyone around interested besides Tobias and he won't touch that bees nest.

He glares at Magtok though. He's not fooled by Magtok's demeanor and certainly doesn't trust him in the least.

Of course, this just means he has to play nice, so he forces out a big, wide smile back.

Oh how he seethes behind that smile.
    Spoiler
    Show
    -Nyahahaha~
    Tale as old as thread
    Reinholdt was the Beast
    Reinholdt had already told the truth once in that post, and therefore was over his annual quota.

11. - Top - End - #971
    Orc in the Playground

Outside Somewhere

Actually, the dwarf's a slave too. He's also asleep, though the nearest minotaur has noticed them and is baring its teeth. Whilst his head is bovine, his teeth certainly aren't- they would look equally at home on a wolf, or other large carnivore.

The dwarf doesn't wake up when shaken gently. He's used to sleeping whenever he can, and he's normally woken up by being poked.

Zamira might note the iron spikes going through his trousers into the seat. They're too far in to just be going through the material, though far enough away that their passage through the dwarf's flesh hasn't damaged the bone.
    Last edited by Earl of Purple; 2011-11-20 at 03:13 PM.
    Terrowin Avatar by HappyTurtle. Much thanks!

12. - Top - End - #972
    Ogre in the Playground

Zamira winces. "Shrike, he's definitely a slave too. Can you take a look at this while I talk to the Minotaurs?

We might need someone from the Infirmary to take a look at this..."

Spoiler
    Show

God I love Exalted.

13. - Top - End - #973
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Morty View Post
    [Garden]

NECESSARY.
    WORLD CHOKED BY MONSTERS.
    WORTHY WERE CHOSEN AND SENT TO FIGHT LIKE BEFORE.

RECKONING.
    The next voice is quiet and gentle, especially when compared to the deafening roar of the other Messengers:
    SORRY...
    Tarin sobs, and pulls back from Sophie, turning and running away.

___

Quote Originally Posted by Lost_Deep View Post
    Outside

"The Katchiki Tribe. We wander in our area of the high plain, and go into the forest of Gei when the herds thin. In the cold times we return to the gates of Mei where we cooperate with other tribes to survive."

She says it like a recitation. And she locks eyes with Misaki. She's trying to shape Misaki up, memorize her body shape, body language, and voice. Alas, she does not yet have the skill to analyze people for their attitudes yet. She still has to get to know people the hard way.
    Misaki is wearing her emotions on her sleeve, so she isn't that hard to read. She's curious towards the other catgirl, if a bit challenging. "And why are you here? Why did you come to GLoG?"

14. - Top - End - #974
    Titan in the Playground

[Garden]

Sophie snaps out of her trance, not sure what happened... she has a vauge feeling that Tarin talked to the Messengers somehow, after they prevented the fey from doing something to her. And now... she's running away?
    Tarin! Wait! She cries out, trying to catch up with her friend.

15. - Top - End - #975

Outside Main Cabin

Magtok tips a hat that definitely wasn't there a moment ago, and isn't there a moment later. He gives the both of them a smile, and the lifts off into the air.

"Until next time, Ms. Trollfinger!"

Fwoosh! He rockets into the sky and straight through a portal!
    Magtok's the best
    -Daniel H. Wilson

16. - Top - End - #976

Quote Originally Posted by Gulaghar View Post
    [Outside Dwarf Fortress]

Koro takes the gold and maneuvers it into his bag somehow. Happy bear noises!
    Quote Originally Posted by Reinholdt View Post
    Reinholdt can't help but give a smile. "Yeah. I'll do that. Better make sure it's clean before we get back." Reinholdt jokes.
    He gives the obviously stuck Tobias a nod before heading back up to the surface, coming out of the Infirmary
    Outside Dwarf Fortress

Alright bear - I'm going to go inside and tan this now. I want you to stay out here and guard the entrance, alright? The dwarf says, in a loud voice. Maybe volume will help the bear hear what she's saying.

Dwarf Fortress

The young dwarf nods, and runs off to go clean his room.

There are socks everywhere in there!
    Recaiden made the mime doll.

Spoiler: Nexus Characters
    Show

17. - Top - End - #977
    Ogre in the Playground

[Outside Dwarf Fortress]

Koro makes bear noises. Does he understand? Well, that's hard to say. Unless you speak bear.

18. - Top - End - #978
    Troll in the Playground

[Caravan]

Spoiler
    Show
    "Find out whether he is a slave or not first. He might just be more 'trusted' than the other slaves."

Zamira hops up on the carriage and will try to shake the dwarf awake!

Gently.
    Quote Originally Posted by Earl of Purple View Post
    Outside Somewhere

Actually, the dwarf's a slave too. He's also asleep, though the nearest minotaur has noticed them and is baring its teeth. Whilst his head is bovine, his teeth certainly aren't- they would look equally at home on a wolf, or other large carnivore.

The dwarf doesn't wake up when shaken gently. He's used to sleeping whenever he can, and he's normally woken up by being poked.

Zamira might note the iron spikes going through his trousers into the seat. They're too far in to just be going through the material, though far enough away that their passage through the dwarf's flesh hasn't damaged the bone.
    Zamira winces. "Shrike, he's definitely a slave too. Can you take a look at this while I talk to the Minotaurs?

We might need someone from the Infirmary to take a look at this..."

Shrike nods, and takes a deep breath before, very carefully, reaching to shake the dwarf's shoulders just a bit more firmly, while cursing not having any healing potions stashed away Elsewhere.

Inner Circle
    Spoiler
    Show

Werewolf Games
    Spoiler
    Show
    BR by Dr. Bath

Homebrew
    Condiments · Pianos · Tumbleweeds · Drow Bloodline · Half-Drow Noble · Lacy Items

19. - Top - End - #979
    Orc in the Playground

By The Carriage

"Aushcloygvergle- Myeh!" I'm sure the first bit meant something along the lines of 'Let me sleep a bit longer', but the 'Myeh' was him waking up. He peers at Shrike. "You leave now. Not your carriage. Nor you elf, me no have listen you. Even if you elf, me no have listen you, me only have listen mistress." Where he's from, all non-elves are legally slaves.

20. - Top - End - #980
    Troll in the Playground

[By The Carriage]

"Your Mistress does not control you any longer," Shrike says firmly, the commanding presence of the Solar Exalted filling her words. "You are a free dwarf now, and I have come to aid and assist you."

Inner Circle
    Spoiler
    Show

Werewolf Games
    Spoiler
    Show
    BR by Dr. Bath

Homebrew

21. - Top - End - #981
    Ogre in the Playground

Meanwhile, Zamira hops down in front of the minotaurs. She takes a deep breath... then speaks in their own tongue. "She who imprisoned and enslaved you is in no position to do so any longer."

She reaches for their chains. "I ask that when I free you, you do not attempt to attack me or my friends."
    Last edited by horngeek; 2011-11-20 at 05:52 PM.

Spoiler
    Show

God I love Exalted.

22. - Top - End - #982
    Titan in the Playground

[Outside Main Cabin]

Reelshka waves Magtok goodbye and turns to Reinholdt. This is... well, this is pretty much what it looks like, she says. I got set up on a blind date with Magtok.

23. - Top - End - #983
    Orc in the Playground

By The Carriage

There's no word for 'friend' in Minotaur; there's 'ally', 'mate', 'battle-sibling' and 'blood-sibling'. 'Battle-sibling' is probably closest. The largest replies first. "I not attack. If any of my allies try, I shall kill them." The other three nod warily.

"Got nailed to carriage gone forty years. How you aid that?" The dwarf frowns suspiciously. He's a Hill Dwarf; they're clannish, and feuding. Always feuding, one clan against the others. Well, not always; they stopped to shatter the might of the Second Great Elvish Empire alongside the Mountain Dwarfs, Wild Elves, Stone Goblins, Marsh Goblins, Tree Goblins, Feral Dwarfs, wild Brownies and many other groups, tribes and species that had faced the City Elves' wrath.

24. - Top - End - #984
    Ogre in the Playground

[Outside Main Cabin]

"Uh-huh... and which of Magtok's compatriots set that up?" Reinholdt says with a look that also says 'and you ENJOYED it?'
    Spoiler
    Show
    -Nyahahaha~
    Tale as old as thread
    Reinholdt was the Beast

25. - Top - End - #985
    Titan in the Playground

[Outside Main Cabin]

Reelshka's ears fall back a little. Actually, it was Butler. He thought I was overworking myself.

26. - Top - End - #986
    Ogre in the Playground

Zamira nods, and will try to break the chains. Without hurting the minotaurs.

{{With Exalted Charms, she does have the physical strength to break chains. Just so that doesn't come up.}}
    Last edited by horngeek; 2011-11-20 at 06:18 PM.

Spoiler
    Show

God I love Exalted.

27. - Top - End - #987
    Ogre in the Playground

[Outside Main Cabin]

"Uh-huh... wonder who gave him that idea. Look doesn't matter. I don't have time for this. I have an assassin around here I need to find and stop." Reinholdt turns to head off and start looking around for Teq.
    Spoiler
    Show
    -Nyahahaha~
    Tale as old as thread
    Reinholdt was the Beast

28. - Top - End - #988
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Morty View Post
    [Garden]

Sophie snaps out of her trance, not sure what happened... she has a vauge feeling that Tarin talked to the Messengers somehow, after they prevented the fey from doing something to her. And now... she's running away?
    Tarin! Wait! She cries out, trying to catch up with her friend.
    [Garden]

The feyish woman flees at great speed, and seems to have something of a head start, so she'll probably get away, but if Sophie really pushes, she can catch up to Tarin.
    Last edited by Neon Knight; 2011-11-21 at 09:18 AM.

29. - Top - End - #989
    Halfling in the Playground

Outside Infirmary

Reinholdt might find a note pasted to the door, scrawled in dull and blocky handwriting.

Too many witnesses. Bring Reinholdt to Trogs. Talk.
    My avatar was done by Gullara. Thanks again!

"If you meet a spirit walking,
    Incline your head.
    Do not meet their gaze.
    Do not follow after."

-Things Our Mothers Tell Us

Nexus Characters

30. - Top - End - #990
    Troll in the Playground

[By the Carriage]

"By releasing you from your nailed bonds, treating your wounds, and allowing you to start a new life serving no master but yourself," Shrike says firmly.

Inner Circle
    Spoiler
    Show

Werewolf Games
    Spoiler
    Show
    BR by Dr. Bath

Homebrew