New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 34 of 51 FirstFirst ... 9242526272829303132333435363738394041424344 ... LastLast
Results 991 to 1,020 of 1504
  1. - Top - End - #991
    Barbarian in the Playground

Default Re: {Nexus} Good League of Good LXXVII: Earth Vampires DON'T Sparkle!

Quote Originally Posted by Gulaghar View Post
    [Outside Dwarf Fortress]

Koro makes bear noises. Does he understand? Well, that's hard to say. Unless you speak bear.
    Okay. Okay. The dwarf says, before heading inside the fortress, looking back to make sure Koro isn't following her.
    Recaiden made the mime doll.

Spoiler: Nexus Characters
    Show

2. - Top - End - #992
    Ogre in the Playground

[Outside Dwarf Fortress]

When she looks back, she'll see the beargon following her. In fact, his face is right behind her. Bear noises!

3. - Top - End - #993
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Earl of Purple View Post
    Other Side Of The Lake

"They want to be free, they just might not like the process of being freed. They won't be here long, either; they're migratory, and they have years, maybe decades, of walking to do to catch up with their clan." Myrim then turns to Brand "My parents had a hut on stilts in a lake, so a cabin will be fine." She'll follow Brand to one, unless Reelshka has more to say.
    Myrim is established in a cabin of her choice, and introduced to Pansy and the children. The children, especially, are very concerned that she's given enough to eat.

Food is important!

After this, Brand will try to find the three elves who were former slaves.
    My avatar! Isn't it just utterly diabolical? Ashen Lilies made it!

"Money cannot buy health, but I'd settle for a diamond-studded wheelchair."
    ― Dorothy Parker

Spoiler: Interested in Nexus FFRP? Newcomers welcome!
    Show
    FFRP Faqs |Nexus Faqs | Nexus IRC Chat
    We're friendly! Join the fun!
    Ext. Sig.
    PCs

4. - Top - End - #994
    Orc in the Playground

Other Side Of The Lake --> Cabin

The halflings will find that Myrim has an odd diet; she asks if they have certain delicacies of the Marsh Goblins, such as frog pie, roast snails, water-weed salad and so on.

By The Carriage

"Yes. You free me. Now, please." The dwarf's eyes go from suspicious to hopeful-but-still-suspicious. He's worked for Malaaraha for over fifty years, and she's never tried something like this before. But that doesn't mean she hasn't begun.

The minotaur's chains are broken! but their collars are large, chunky pieces of metal and they're attached firmly to the cuffs- there's no chain between cuff and collar. The large minotaur takes a step forward and begins shaken his great, bovine head whilst twisting his wrists and pulling his arms. The metal's beginning to creak, though likely the others will be unable to repeat this feat as they're smaller and the cuffs and collars are looser.

Under The Eves Of The Forest

Three elves are here, Nishtar, Sattael and Cacame. One is tall, green-eyed and brown-haired, one is short, violet-eyed and black-haired and the third is in the middle, with brown eyes and blonde hair (I think; I don't have his description to hand). I can't remember which name matches up to which elf, either.
    Terrowin Avatar by HappyTurtle. Much thanks!

5. - Top - End - #995

[Outside Dwarf Fortress]

When she looks back, she'll see the beargon following her. In fact, his face is right behind her. Bear noises!
    Gah! She exclaims. Bad bear! Stay outside and guard the gate! She says, pointing.

She might have to get a rope out soon...

Show

6. - Top - End - #996
    Ogre in the Playground

[Outside Dwarf Fortress]

Koro stops and makes more bear noises. I'm sure he understands this time.

7. - Top - End - #997
    Troll in the Playground

Other Side Of The Lake --> Cabin

The halflings will find that Myrim has an odd diet; she asks if they have certain delicacies of the Marsh Goblins, such as frog pie, roast snails, water-weed salad and so on.
    They look a little crestfallen at first, but promise to catch some frogs and snails and gather water-weeds for tomorrow! In the meantime, they have standard goblin fare to offer, which they've learned from Brinika - bat sandwiches and such. And plenty of hearty stew and home baked bread.

Three elves are here, Nishtar, Sattael and Cacame. One is tall, green-eyed and brown-haired, one is short, violet-eyed and black-haired and the third is in the middle, with brown eyes and blonde hair (I think; I don't have his description to hand). I can't remember which name matches up to which elf, either.
    Brand walks towards them. "I'm Brand Applehill. I haven't had a chance to talk to you before, but Reelshka told me that you were rescued from slavery, like I was."

― Dorothy Parker

Show
    Ext. Sig.
    PCs

8. - Top - End - #998
    Orc in the Playground

Cabin

Myrim's happier with human food than Reelshka-goblin food. Marsh Goblins don't live in caves, so Myrim hasn't eaten bat before. The bread and stew is very much appreciated, though.

"Yes. We were slaves. For most of our lives, in fact." They were bred in slavery. Also, I seem to recall Nishtar is the Wild Elf, the short one with purple eyes and black hair, whilst Cacame is the Wood Elf, and hence the tallest, whilst Sattael (whose appearance is an estimate) is the High Elf in the middle.

9. - Top - End - #999
    Troll in the Playground

Cabin

Tomorrow, the halflings will make sure and check with Myrim after they catch frogs and snails, to make sure they're the edible kind, before they try cooking them. They know there are poison plants and critters in the wild.

Hopefully, she'll remember. Otherwise, they'll have to do research!

Eaves of the Forest

"I need to know... what happened to your captors? Were they brought to justice?"
    Brand asks.

― Dorothy Parker

Show
    Ext. Sig.
    PCs

10. - Top - End - #1000
    Orc in the Playground

Cabin

Myrim won't know much; she's used to species found in wetlands, rather than patches of reeds around a lake. She will caution the halfling children, though; Goblins (at least, her homeworld's ones) are resistant to poison and what is edible for her might not be for them.

Eaves of the Forest

"We don't know about our last owner, but we think the person who sold us to them is out of business. We couldn't say about the farms which birthed us, however; they're off-world." The three slaves were born on slave-farms, and seperated from their mothers after they had weaned, and never knew their parents.

11. - Top - End - #1001
    Troll in the Playground

Eaves of the Forest

"Where is your last owner? Here in the Nexus? Someone tried to capture me a few weeks ago. Sophie drove them off, but I want to see them brought to justice before they succeed against someone else." Brand asks. Of course the event was completely unrelated to the Hermitage slave owners, but this is his first lead. And it's not like it will break Brand's heart to capture or kill Azurelle and the others, when he learns of them.

― Dorothy Parker

Show
    Ext. Sig.
    PCs

12. - Top - End - #1002
    Orc in the Playground

Eaves of the Forest

"Yes. She's dangerous; an elf, and not to be trifled with. She's a cleric to an evil god, and she made us help in her people sacrifices." All three elves seem uncomfortable speaking about her.

13. - Top - End - #1003
    Troll in the Playground

Eaves of the Forest

"I won't ask you to face her again, but please, tell me everything you can. I... I have to try, for my children's sake,"
    Brand says, clenching his fists by his sides.

― Dorothy Parker

Show
    Ext. Sig.
    PCs

14. - Top - End - #1004
    Orc in the Playground

Eaves of the Forest

"She has a castle- a Hermitage, it's called, in a forest filled with giant bugs and shapeshifting spiders. The shapeshifting spiders act as her guards, with spears and chainmail. She's a xenophobe, and hates half-humans... I don't know why. Her god's name begins with a 'D', and is male. He's got something to do with insects, or something; she put a nerve-eating beetle larvae on the foot of somebody tied to the altar hand and foot. The larvae tunnels in and eats its way to the brain. It matures there, and eats its way out through the eye. They always screamed so, so much, but she said we were safe because D-something wouldn't want such pitiful examples of elven kind. The half-elf might know more, the female druid with silver hair. I didn't catch her name; I'm illiterate, and the first thing she did after branding us was cut out our tongues. Oh! The brand was shaped as a two-tailed scorpion, and opposite was a circle and a straight line or a wiggle." Cacame's voice breaks when describing the sacrifices, and Nishtar scratches the back of his shoulder when the brands are described.

15. - Top - End - #1005
    Troll in the Playground

By The Carriage

"Yes. You free me. Now, please." The dwarf's eyes go from suspicious to hopeful-but-still-suspicious. He's worked for Malaaraha for over fifty years, and she's never tried something like this before. But that doesn't mean she hasn't begun.
    Shrike nods, and takes a deep breath. "This will hurt," she says frankly. "Please try not to scream too loudly." Before, very carefully...

...drawing her special dagger and going to try and slice right through the spikes, the knife fully charged with psychic energy.

Carefully. *nod*

Inner Circle
    Spoiler
    Show

Werewolf Games
    Spoiler
    Show
    Games Won: 5
    Ashna and Brendan dolls by Recaiden
    BR by Dr. Bath

BR's Bag o' Nuts · The Russkijs · Bushrangers explained
    Homebrew
    Condiments · Pianos · Tumbleweeds · Drow Bloodline · Half-Drow Noble · Lacy Items

16. - Top - End - #1006
    Troll in the Playground

Eaves of the Forest

Brand turns pale and shudders. This is worse than what had happened to his family. These people were far more dangerous than Ezra and Purna.

But they had to be stopped.

"How far is the castle from here?" he asks, his voice quavering.

― Dorothy Parker

Show
    Ext. Sig.
    PCs

17. - Top - End - #1007
    Orc in the Playground

Eaves of the Forest

"I don't know. The half-human helped us onto the roof and grew a giant dandelion; we floated away on the seeds and walked for a few days before we arrived. We were barefoot, and the escape hadn't been planned, so we didn't have much in the way of survival gear." I should have referred to Din as a 'half-human' in my previous post as well, rather than as a half-elf.

18. - Top - End - #1008
    Ogre in the Playground

Zamira frowns, and tries to see if there's a way to get the collars off the minotaurs without brute strength.

Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Revlid View Post
    And so it was that Zaeed, Aang, Winry, Ezio, Sadoko and Snow White all set out on their epic journey to destroy The Empire.

God I love Exalted.

Gold Dragon avatar by Serpentine

19. - Top - End - #1009

[Outside Dwarf Fortress]

Koro stops and makes more bear noises. I'm sure he understands this time.
    Alright then. Good. Stay there. She says, turning around and walking for a few steps before looking back at Koro, who will almost definitely be standing near the entrance, alert.

Show

20. - Top - End - #1010
    Troll in the Playground

Eaves of the Forest

"I don't know. The half-human helped us onto the roof and grew a giant dandelion; we floated away on the seeds and walked for a few days before we arrived. We were barefoot, and the escape hadn't been planned, so we didn't have much in the way of survival gear." I should have referred to Din as a 'half-human' in my previous post as well, rather than as a half-elf.
    Brand was silent. It was so little information. So little to go on. A two-tailed scorpion and a silver-haired woman who was half human and half elf. "I will speak to the people who rescued my family and the other captives. Perhaps they know more. I should see them again, regardless, to express our gratitude again." He bows to the elves. "Thank you for sharing your stories. I hope some good can come of it."

― Dorothy Parker

Show
    Ext. Sig.
    PCs

21. - Top - End - #1011
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Neon Knight View Post
    [Garden]

The feyish woman flees at great speed, and seems to have something of a head start, so she'll probably get away, but if Sophie really pushes, she can catch up to Tarin.
    Sophie really does push herself, forgetting about her wound for the moment. She's just human and not a partiularily athletic one but she runs as fast as she can, calling out to Tarin all the while.
    My FFRP characters. Avatar by Ashen Lilies. Sigatars by Ashen Lilies, Gullara and Purple Eagle.
    Interested in the Nexus FFRP setting? See our Discord server.

22. - Top - End - #1012
    Ogre in the Playground

[Outside Dwarf Fortress]

Yes, totally standing there alert and not right behind her when she tur- Gear noises! Gah! There's Koro again. Yeesh, it's almost like he doesn't understand or something crazy like that.

[Main Cabin]

Renetta is here, sitting at a table and looking at a few maps she came across. Something in particular catches her attention. It's quite some distance away, and is apparently stable if the consistency of a couple maps is any indication. Could it be...

The elf gets to her feet, slowly on account of her growing stomach, and leaves the cabin, map in hand. She goes looking for Waterstrider, checking the hut first.
    Last edited by Gullara; 2011-11-22 at 10:31 AM.

23. - Top - End - #1013
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Morty View Post
    Sophie really does push herself, forgetting about her wound for the moment. She's just human and not a partiularily athletic one but she runs as fast as she can, calling out to Tarin all the while.
    [Garden]

Tarin stops. "Just let me go, Sophie."

24. - Top - End - #1014
    Titan in the Playground

[Garden]

Sophie stops as well, panting. Why? What- what happened? What did you try to do? Her voice is strained and she's clearly afraid she'll lose her friend.
    My FFRP characters. Avatar by Ashen Lilies. Sigatars by Ashen Lilies, Gullara and Purple Eagle.
    Interested in the Nexus FFRP setting? See our Discord server.

25. - Top - End - #1015

[Outside Dwarf Fortress]

Yes, totally standing there alert and not right behind her when she tur- Gear noises! Gah! There's Koro again. Yeesh, it's almost like he doesn't understand or something crazy like that.
    Dammit Bear! the dwarf says, walking back to the entrance and pointing at the ground. There! Stay there! She says loudly and forcefully.

Show

26. - Top - End - #1016
    Ogre in the Playground

[Outside Dwarf Fortress]

Koro follows her back... and makes loud bear noises. You know, I'm starting to think he has no idea what's going on.

27. - Top - End - #1017

Outside Dwarf Fortress

Alright, you stay here and don't follow me back inside, alright? Do you understand me? The dwarf asks the bear. Make those noises you make if you do.

Show

28. - Top - End - #1018
    Orc in the Playground

By The Carriage

"Can't hurt more than forty years of nailed to carriage." The dwarf can be cut free of the spikes easily if Shrike's cutting off the tops to pull him off them. If she's cutting the spikes beneath him, though, it's much harder to avoid cutting his thighs.

The collars were welded shut; latches and hinges are weak points, and ten minotaur once killed ten times as many city guards after breaking free in the capital. They were eventually shot by crossbowmen on the gate, attempting to leave the city. The biggest minotaur's collar is beggining to warp and twist, proving no match for the massive feral monster's brute strength.

Under The Eaves

"Don't worry about it. We're sorry it's not much, but it's all the information we have." They all look rather sad; they really do wish they knew more so they could stop others from falling into the clutches of their ex-owner. Well, not personally; they're too scared of her for that.

29. - Top - End - #1019
    Troll in the Playground

Under the Eaves

Brand takes his leave from the Elves, and heads for the...

Forest Hut

This should probably be a different timeline than Renetta's, since they're both recruiting Waterstrider for different plots.

― Dorothy Parker

Show
    Ext. Sig.
    PCs

30. - Top - End - #1020
    Ogre in the Playground

[Outside Dwarf Fortress]

Koro makes bear noises! A ha! He does understand. Clearly. That's good. Now the dwarf can go inside without any trouble.