New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 35 of 51 FirstFirst ... 10252627282930313233343536373839404142434445 ... LastLast
Results 1,021 to 1,050 of 1504
  1. - Top - End - #1021
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: {Nexus} Good League of Good LXXVII: Earth Vampires DON'T Sparkle!

[Lakeside]

Reinholdt undeadtimes, sunning himself on his favorite rock.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Magtok View Post
    Gods, Reinholdt was right, a hundred percent right.
    Spoiler
    Show
    -Nyahahaha~
    Quote Originally Posted by Supagoof View Post
    Tale as old as thread
    And you find yourself dead
    Reinholdt was the Beast
    Quote Originally Posted by Philistine View Post
    Reinholdt had already told the truth once in that post, and therefore was over his annual quota.

2. - Top - End - #1022
    Barbarian in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Gulaghar View Post
    [Outside Dwarf Fortress]

Koro makes bear noises! A ha! He does understand. Clearly. That's good. Now the dwarf can go inside without any trouble.
    Okay, good. And if I have to come back out here, I'll chain youto the door! She warns, turning around and walking back into the fortress.

She looks back after a few steps to make sure Koro's staying there this time.
    Recaiden made the mime doll.

Spoiler: Nexus Characters
    Show

3. - Top - End - #1023
    Ogre in the Playground

[Outside Dwarf Fortress]

Surely he'll stay this time. How could he not underst- Oh gods bear right in her face! Yeesh he follows close.

4. - Top - End - #1024
    Barbarian in the Playground

ALRIGHT! THAT'S IT! She yells, storming into the fortress, through the long series of traps that are mostly automated, into the rope stockpile.
    Recaiden made the mime doll.

Spoiler: Nexus Characters
    Show

5. - Top - End - #1025
    Ogre in the Playground

[Dwarf Fortress]

Koro's not sure what they're shouting about, but he makes bear noises just as loudly. He tromps along merrily after her, into the fortress.

6. - Top - End - #1026
    Troll in the Playground

By The Carriage

Quote Originally Posted by Earl of Purple View Post
    "Can't hurt more than forty years of nailed to carriage." The dwarf can be cut free of the spikes easily if Shrike's cutting off the tops to pull him off them. If she's cutting the spikes beneath him, though, it's much harder to avoid cutting his thighs.
    Shrike does indeed lop off the tops - then after lifting the dwarf will go to chop off the bottoms as well, to permamently destroy them.

Inner Circle
    Spoiler
    Show

Werewolf Games
    Spoiler
    Show
    Games Won: 5
    Ashna and Brendan dolls by Recaiden
    BR by Dr. Bath

BR's Bag o' Nuts · The Russkijs · Bushrangers explained
    Homebrew
    Condiments · Pianos · Tumbleweeds · Drow Bloodline · Half-Drow Noble · Lacy Items

7. - Top - End - #1027
    Ogre in the Playground

Pathfinder's Hut 1

Waterstrider is found by Renetta, drying off on a blanket in a spot of sunlight after his swim with Lily. He's on his stomach, not a stitch on him, eyes closed and ears twitching slightly at sounds. He's dozing a bit, but could probably be woken up.

Luckily his fur covers everything.

Pathfinder's Hut 2

Brand will find him clothed and fixing a pot of stew for him and anyone else who happened to come by. It's not nearly as good as the halfling family's, but it's a meal.

8. - Top - End - #1028
    Troll in the Playground

Pathfinder's Hut 2

And a halfling is certainly not going to turn down a meal!

He'll happily accept a bowl of stew and make a bit of small talk, before getting to the subject. "I learned something disturbing today, Waterstrider. Some of the escaped slaves here came from a temple here in the Nexus, and their captors were never brought to justice." He looks down into his bowl as he speaks, anger and fear warring with each other in his mind.
    My avatar! Isn't it just utterly diabolical? Ashen Lilies made it!

"Money cannot buy health, but I'd settle for a diamond-studded wheelchair."
    ― Dorothy Parker

Spoiler: Interested in Nexus FFRP? Newcomers welcome!
    Show
    FFRP Faqs |Nexus Faqs | Nexus IRC Chat
    We're friendly! Join the fun!
    Ext. Sig.
    PCs

9. - Top - End - #1029
    Ogre in the Playground

[Pathfinder's Hut 1]

Renetta blinks when she spots him. Oh dear. She quickly looks away, a faint flush colouring her cheeks. "Waterstrider?" She says, somewhat loudly, hopefully that'll wake him up. =x

10. - Top - End - #1030
    Ogre in the Playground

Pathfinder's Hut 1

The wolfen's ears flick slightly, but he continues to stay asleep.

Pathfinder's Hut 2

Waterstrider's good paw grips his bowl tightly, making it crack. He doesn't look at Brand, glowering darkly at some point in space past the halfling. He gives a slight growl. "Do you know where they are?"

11. - Top - End - #1031
    Ogre in the Playground

[Pathfinder's Hut 1]

This is awkward. Renetta moves over to his side, being sure not to look at his nakedness, fur or no. She gently shakes his shoulder. "Waterstrider."

12. - Top - End - #1032
    Troll in the Playground

Hut 2

"No. But they're a religious group, with a sign of a two-tailed scorpion. They worship a god of insects. I plan to go to Watchtower and speak to the people who rescued us. Perhaps they have heard of them."
    Brand says.

― Dorothy Parker

Show
    Ext. Sig.
    PCs

13. - Top - End - #1033
    Ogre in the Playground

Hut 1

Waterstrider gives a groggy wake-up growl before rolling over and stretching in the sunlight, basking in the warmth it brings. He gives a good groan as his joints pop and muscles stretch, smiling slightly. "Hello Mother-Soon." He mumbles. It's likely the first time he's translated what he calls her in Wolfen.

Hut 2

"Do you wish for me to help?
    " He asks, obviously angered and eager, but respectful of the halfling's say in the matter.

14. - Top - End - #1034
    Ogre in the Playground

[Pathfinder's Hut 1]

Renetta looks at him curiously. Mother-Soon? Of course, it doesn't take her too long to remember his lack of clothing. She looks away, flushing a deeper red. "You don't have any clothes on." She reminds him.

15. - Top - End - #1035
    Troll in the Playground

Hut 2

Brand looks ashamed. "How can you ask that? You're far more capable of this than I am. I have to try... I just don't know what use I'll be."

― Dorothy Parker

Show
    Ext. Sig.
    PCs

16. - Top - End - #1036
    Ogre in the Playground

Hut 1

Waterstrider looks at himself. "Oh." He mutters before getting up, not personally bothered by the lack of clothing, but he'll wander into the hut. tail swishing, to grab a pair of pants and come back out dressed a short time later. "Everything okay?"

Hut 2

The Wolfen reaches out and squeezes Brand's shoulder with his good paw. "I'm just a savage, Brand. My uses are much fewer than yours." He says calmly with sincere belief that a savage is what he really is and that Brand is better.

17. - Top - End - #1037
    Orc in the Playground

[Outside in General]

With a loud WOOSH!, a large object zooms into the skies above GLoG. It seems to be a red airship, with two rings of fire propelling it through the air. It's gilded gold and has many steampunk elements. The Crimson Tempest turns in the air and coasts to a stop above the campsite, intentions unknown.

Then, a looong rope drops down from the ship to the ground below. And sliding down the rope is a pirate, poofy hat and all. A female pirate, one who has lots of "charm" and knows how to use it. The pretty young woman has luxurious blond hair under her hat and is wearing a "typical" outfit for a female pirate: corset and blouse and skirt and such. The distinctive thing about her is her tail and ears, like a cat girl, but more weasel than cat.

"Yahar! Well ain't dis place be lookin' jus' as pretty 'n borin' as ever!"

Ermine gives the sky-pirate ship above her a wave, and the rope gets pulled back up as the ship flies off. It seems it was just dropping the pirate off. She adjusts her floofy hat to a more jaunty angle and sets off in search of someone to bother. Hopefully Reinholdt, but anyone will do. I imagine the pirate ship in the sky alarmed some people.

Quote Originally Posted by Julius Caesar, Shakespeare
    Cowards die many times before their deaths;
    The valiant never taste of death but once.
    Of all the wonders that I yet have heard,
    It seems to me most strange that men should fear,
    Seeing that death, a necessary end,
    Will come when it will come.
    Nexus characters

18. - Top - End - #1038
    Ogre in the Playground

[Lakeside]

Reinholdt, having been on his sunning rock for nearly four hours now, is getting kinda bored. AND THEN SUDDENLY there's a gigantic sky ship that's ON FIRE!!

He looks up at it with wide eyes and notes someone slide down the rope, pirate style. He gets up and stretches, giving some thought. Should he... just go and hide? Or confront her about the ooze man? Or just... oh he doesn't know.

Conflicted, he shifts into human form and goes to approach Ermine.
    Spoiler
    Show
    -Nyahahaha~
    Tale as old as thread
    Reinholdt was the Beast
    Reinholdt had already told the truth once in that post, and therefore was over his annual quota.

19. - Top - End - #1039
    Troll in the Playground

Hut 2

Brand looks up at Waterstrider with fire in his eyes. "Don't you dare talk about yourself like that! You are one of the most gentle, kind-hearted people I know, and if I ever hear you speak about yourself like that again, young man...."

― Dorothy Parker

Show
    Ext. Sig.
    PCs

20. - Top - End - #1040
    Orc in the Playground

[Lakeside]

Ermine is all grins when she spots Reinholdt! Pointy-toothed grins.

"Heya Reinholdt! How ya doin'?"

The pirate attempts to hug Reinholdt! It's probably an attempted assassination or something.

Nexus characters

21. - Top - End - #1041
    Ogre in the Playground

[Pathfinder's Hut 1]

Clothes, much better. Renetta smiles at him as he comes out. She holds up the maps. "Nothing's wrong, I just found something." She points to a place on the map. Looks like a named forest, and a long ways away from GLoG. "This forest. There's one that has the exact same name near my home. I think it might be the same one." She's certainly excited.

22. - Top - End - #1042
    Ogre in the Playground

[Lakeside]

It's going to take a lot more than attempted assassinations to scare Reinholdt again, now that he has *whisper whisper*.

Reinholdt is surprised at the hug however, and takes a few moments to return it.

"Well... surprised really." He says, reiterating the truth of the OOC words in this post.
    "You?"
    Spoiler
    Show
    -Nyahahaha~
    Tale as old as thread
    Reinholdt was the Beast

23. - Top - End - #1043
    Orc in the Playground

[Lakeside]

Ermine tilts her head and twitches her ears.

"Oh, I be fine. Why're ye surprised?"

Did he think she was dead or something?

She doesn't consider how surprising the sky pirate ship could be, of course, or the length of time they've been apart.

Nexus characters

24. - Top - End - #1044
    Ogre in the Playground

Hut 1

Waterstrider's ears fall to the side a bit as he absorbs the news. He looks over the maps in confusion. He doesn't understand the words on it, unable to read. If she's able to tell though, his ears show slight sadness at the news even though he gives an honest smile of cheerfulness. It's obvious she'd want to head home, but that would mean he would likely lose her. Like they discussed before, he probably wouldn't be accepted there.

"We should find your home."
    He tells her.

And just because he would be sad, doesn't mean he should keep her from being happy.

Hut 2

Waterstrider cringes and looks down, feeling small. His good hand is held in his lap next to the stump of his left wrist, like he wants to fiddle around with his fingers. "But I like being one..." He mutters. To him, there was nothing wrong with being a savage. It was his place. He was never going to be civilized. He was a barbaric warrior. It was something he could do to bring pride and honor to his kin.

It was all he ever wanted to do.

25. - Top - End - #1045
    Ogre in the Playground

[Lakeside]

"Well..." Reinholdt rubs the back of his head. "You've been gone for... I don't know how long now. Months. Three? Four? And you showed up in a giant ship that was ON FIRE."

More than that, the first thing she did when she saw him was hug him. He had all but convinced himself she was no longer interested in him and ran off to go live and curtain with some hippie god of music or something like that.

"It's just... surprising is all."
    Spoiler
    Show
    -Nyahahaha~
    Tale as old as thread
    Reinholdt was the Beast

26. - Top - End - #1046
    Troll in the Playground

Hut 2

Brand calms himself, realizing he hurt someone he loved as a son or a brother. He puts his hand out and touches Waterstrider's knee. "Maybe I don't understand. What does it mean to you, that you're a savage?" To Brand, a savage was someone who kept people in cages, who sold them like cattle. Not someone who held a frightened child through the bars of her cage while she cried into his fur.

― Dorothy Parker

Show
    Ext. Sig.
    PCs

27. - Top - End - #1047
    Orc in the Playground

[Lakeside]

Ermine steps back, tail flicking.

"Er, o' course I was gone. I be a sailor an'a pirate. I can't jus' hang around some campsite 'r drink meself to death in a tavern fer tha rest o' me life."

The pirate grins and waves a hand toward the horizon.

"I been adventurin' an' piratin'! Ye don't know what kind o' fun ye can have on a ship tha' goes in tha sky! Aye, it was a great time."

Then she goes to hug Reinholdt again.

"But I did miss ye."

Nexus characters

28. - Top - End - #1048
    Ogre in the Playground

[Lakeside]

"I, well, yes, but... I go adventuring and steal... treasure hunting all the time too! You could have invited me to find out." Reinholdt says... falling into the hug again. Stop being nice dang it! Reinholdt wants to have righteous anger or something like that, but he can't do it when she's all... cute and hugging and such.
    Spoiler
    Show
    -Nyahahaha~
    Tale as old as thread
    Reinholdt was the Beast

29. - Top - End - #1049
    Orc in the Playground

[Lakeside]

"Aye, but ye're here at dis place fer redemption, ain't'cha?"

Ermine waggles her ears.

"Piratin' ain't really tha nicest o' things ta do. We take stuff that ain't ours! So's ye shouldn't be doin' it."

She's an admitted felon! A darn cute one, though.

"Though if'n ye want to go adventurin', I still be up fer it."

Nexus characters

30. - Top - End - #1050
    Ogre in the Playground

[Lakeside]

"That's... well... but..."

Reinholdt feels his forehead and sways a little bit. He feels woozy, cause he believes that Ermine just out logiced him with... sense and everything.

"Well... just next time tell me you're going all right?" He says, recovering just enough to throw out something so he doesn't look quite so pathetic.
    Spoiler
    Show
    -Nyahahaha~
    Tale as old as thread
    Reinholdt was the Beast