New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 36 of 51 FirstFirst ... 11262728293031323334353637383940414243444546 ... LastLast
Results 1,051 to 1,080 of 1504
  1. - Top - End - #1051
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: {Nexus} Good League of Good LXXVII: Earth Vampires DON'T Sparkle!

[Pathfinder's Hut 1]

Renetta sobers a bit, having a close guess at what he's thinking. She's been around him a lot after all. She reaches out her free hand to take his paw. She opens her mouth to say something, but hesitates. "I- ...Thanks for coming with me. It means a lot to me."

2. - Top - End - #1052
    Orc in the Playground

[Lakeside]

"Okay! An' ye can tell me when ye're adventurin' too!"

Though, with all of Reinholdt's plot clones, that's probably all the time.

Ermine smiles.

"Wanna get a drink?"

Quote Originally Posted by Julius Caesar, Shakespeare
    Cowards die many times before their deaths;
    The valiant never taste of death but once.
    Of all the wonders that I yet have heard,
    It seems to me most strange that men should fear,
    Seeing that death, a necessary end,
    Will come when it will come.
    Nexus characters

3. - Top - End - #1053
    Ogre in the Playground

[Lakeside]

Hey, Magtok goes out and dates it up with his harem, Reinholdt adventures and collects shiny things. It's how it is. He'd totally invite her to the time tower if it wasn't a closed plot. =X

"Yeah. I could definitely use one. Haven't had a chance to drink as much lately. Black Dragon's Den?" Trog's would be too awkward with the assassin conversation.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Magtok View Post
    Gods, Reinholdt was right, a hundred percent right.
    Spoiler
    Show
    -Nyahahaha~
    Quote Originally Posted by Supagoof View Post
    Tale as old as thread
    And you find yourself dead
    Reinholdt was the Beast
    Quote Originally Posted by Philistine View Post
    Reinholdt had already told the truth once in that post, and therefore was over his annual quota.

4. - Top - End - #1054
    Orc in the Playground

[Lakeside]

"Aye, that sounds great."

Ermine grins and goes to grab Reinholdt's hand so she can try to pull him along to the Den. Off, to adventure drinking!

Someone should do something about their alcoholism.

Quote Originally Posted by Julius Caesar, Shakespeare
    Cowards die many times before their deaths;
    The valiant never taste of death but once.
    Of all the wonders that I yet have heard,
    It seems to me most strange that men should fear,
    Seeing that death, a necessary end,
    Will come when it will come.
    Nexus characters

5. - Top - End - #1055
    Ogre in the Playground

[Lakeside]

For the first time since she got back, he gives her a smile as he's dragged along to drinking time.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Magtok View Post
    Gods, Reinholdt was right, a hundred percent right.
    Spoiler
    Show
    -Nyahahaha~
    Quote Originally Posted by Supagoof View Post
    Tale as old as thread
    And you find yourself dead
    Reinholdt was the Beast
    Quote Originally Posted by Philistine View Post
    Reinholdt had already told the truth once in that post, and therefore was over his annual quota.

6. - Top - End - #1056
    Ogre in the Playground

Hut 1

Waterstrider squeezes her hand and his smile saddens just a hint. "I said I'd be by your side the entire time, didn't I?" He asks.

Hut 2

"It...it..." Waterstrider begins, but stops, unable to find the right words in Common. He doesn't know the word barbarian, or berserker, or that warrior would simply do for it. In his culture, there's a difference between a Warrior and the other two. All Wolfen were Warriors. They fought, they hunted, they survived. But not all were "Savages" capable of tapping into their more animal nature to ignore pain, loss of limb, or to keep fighting even after they should have long been dead. To be able to do so was to be considered blessed by Fenrir and Dawn Wolf.

But it's not something he could explain in anything other than his own language.

After several long moments, he roars in frustration before getting to his feet, spinning and throwing the remains of his wooden bowl against a tree.

7. - Top - End - #1057
    Troll in the Playground

Hut 2

Brand is startled, but not frightened. He's seen Waterstrider's violence before, and he's never directed it at anyone who didn't deserve it. He doesn't know exactly what the problem is, but he knows it has something to do with the word 'savage', which obviously means more to Waterstrider than he guessed.

"When I hear the word 'savage', I think of someone who is cruel and takes pleasure in giving pain to others. But that isn't what you mean."
    My avatar! Isn't it just utterly diabolical? Ashen Lilies made it!

"Money cannot buy health, but I'd settle for a diamond-studded wheelchair."
    ― Dorothy Parker

Spoiler: Interested in Nexus FFRP? Newcomers welcome!
    Show
    FFRP Faqs |Nexus Faqs | Nexus IRC Chat
    We're friendly! Join the fun!
    Ext. Sig.
    PCs

8. - Top - End - #1058
    Ogre in the Playground

[Pathfinder's Hut 1]

Renetta nods, then suddenly decides to wrap him in a hug. "I want you to meet my parents. They might not be used to... people like you, but I'm sure they will like you."

9. - Top - End - #1059
    Ogre in the Playground

Hut 1

The Wolfen holds Renetta gently, nuzzling her neck. "It'll be fine." He reassures her. Though, whether he's referring to them parting ways or her parents, is unclear.

Hut 2

Waterstrider shakes his head and sits back down, tucking his knees to his chest, ears down in disappointment at his lack of self-control. "Means warrior." He puts simply even though he knows that it is the wrong word for it.

10. - Top - End - #1060
    Ogre in the Playground

[Pathfinder's Hut 1]

She lets go of him a moment later, the, now slightly crumpled, maps in hand. She starts to point out where they need to go. "It's quite a ways from here but we can handwave most of the journey because that's not the exciting part." She points at their destination and then where GLoG is. "It'll be hard for me to go that far, but I think I can manage."

11. - Top - End - #1061
    Troll in the Playground

Hut 2

"But you're more than just a warrior," Brand says. Though he doesn't mean it the way Waterstrider does. "You're much more than that. But even if you weren't, it's warriors that will be needed. Not cooks."

― Dorothy Parker

Show
    Ext. Sig.
    PCs

12. - Top - End - #1062
    Ogre in the Playground

Hut 1

Waterstrider shakes his head. "We can't take it by foot." He says, looking her over. "We can buy a small carriage and mule. It'll make it easier on you." The Wolfen insists. He doesn't know how to drive, but he could at least walk the mule the distance.

Other things are on his mind, things he wishes he could ask of Renetta, but they're things he'd never be able to ask of her and make her feel obligated to do something for him. As much as he wanted to speak them, he keeps the thoughts silently to himself.

Hut 2

"And you aren't just a cook."
    The Wolfen insists with a sigh, knowing he's lost this match.

13. - Top - End - #1063
    Troll in the Playground

Hut 2

"I don't know what use I'll be when the fighting starts. I just know that I have to be there. Does that make sense?"
    Brand asks, looking down at his hands.

― Dorothy Parker

Show
    Ext. Sig.
    PCs

14. - Top - End - #1064
    Ogre in the Playground

[Pathfinder's Hut 1]

Renetta nods. "You're right." She looks down at her swollen stomach. She used to be able to walk so far and as much as she wanted. "When did you want to go? I can wait if I have to."

15. - Top - End - #1065
    Ogre in the Playground

Hut 1

He looks like he's about to say something, but stops himself and gives her a slight smile. "We can leave now." Waterstrider says. "It shouldn't take long to pack and find the carriage. Just need to tell the Applehills that we're leaving."

Hut 2

"It does. And I'll make sure that you're safe."
    The Wolfen tells his friend with all honesty.

16. - Top - End - #1066
    Troll in the Playground

Hut 2

"No, that's what I don't want. If you're keeping me safe, then I'm a liability," Brand says with a sigh. Waterstrider probably doesn't know the word liability, but can probably get it from context and expression. "Maybe we should just go to Watchtower. If we never find out where these people are, it won't matter anyway."

― Dorothy Parker

Show
    Ext. Sig.
    PCs

17. - Top - End - #1067
    Ogre in the Playground

[Pathfinder's Hut 1]

"Alright. Let's get packed then. And Waterstrider..." Renetta pauses, gazing into his eyes as if she's looking for something there. After a moment she moves closer to him in order to plant a kiss on the side of his muzzle. "Thank you." She steps past him and into the hut to collect her meager belongings.

18. - Top - End - #1068
    Barbarian in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Gulaghar View Post
    [Dwarf Fortress]

Koro's not sure what they're shouting about, but he makes bear noises just as loudly. He tromps along merrily after her, into the fortress.
    The dwarf seizes a silken rope from the stockpile, as well as a small shard of wood. She tramps back out, past all the traps, to the front of the fortress and hammers the splinter through the rope and into the ground.

Now you'll stay here, and you won't follow me back inside when I go to tan this hide, alright?
    Recaiden made the mime doll.

Spoiler: Nexus Characters
    Show

19. - Top - End - #1069
    Ogre in the Playground

[Outside Dwarf Fortress]

Koro makes bear noises. I'm starting to doubt his honesty here. He's totally just doing this to spite her. Or, you know, he's a bear that can't understand her.

20. - Top - End - #1070
    Ogre in the Playground

Hut 1

Waterstrider's eyes are a bit hopeful, and he gives a small nuzzle when she kisses his muzzle, closing his eyes as he does so. "I'll tell the halflings and be back soon." He tells her before she enters the hut. He'll look after her with a bit of a sigh before heading towards the Main Camp to speak to the Applehills. As he walks, he reaches up to feel the left side of his muzzle where she kissed him, his heart twinging a bit at the unbidden thoughts that come to mind.

He's so lost in himself that he doesn't realize that he touched his muzzle with a paw that wasn't there.

Hut 2

The Wolfen gives a slight nod. "I'll go to Watch with you."
    Last edited by UncleWolf; 2011-11-23 at 01:37 PM.

21. - Top - End - #1071
    Ogre in the Playground

[Pathfinder's Hut 1]

*loudly insists on needlessly long location tag*

Renetta goes about gathering up her stuff, as little as she has. Particular care is taken with that rag doll she was given way back when. She'll doesn't mess with Waterstrider's stuff, however. She's not really sure what he wants to bring.

When he returns he'll find her sitting on the bed, waiting for him. It didn't take her long to be ready.

22. - Top - End - #1072
    Ogre in the Playground

Hut 1

Waterstrider will return with a bundle of freshly made food in his arms. "They were kind enough to give us provisions." He says with a slight smile before sitting on the bed next to her. "Is everything okay?"

23. - Top - End - #1073
    Ogre in the Playground

[Pathfinder's Hut 1]

Renetta smiles at him when he returns. "That was nice of them." She looks down at her hands folded over her belly for a moment before answering. "It's just, it's been over a year. They probably think I'm dead, or maybe that I just ran away. I don't think they ever knew what happened to me."

24. - Top - End - #1074
    Troll in the Playground

Hut 1

Waterstrider left out the tears. There were lots of tears and hugs.

In fact, he can probably hear some sniffling sounds approaching now, as a certain halfling girl tries to be sneaky.

Hut 2

To Watch!

― Dorothy Parker

Show
    Ext. Sig.
    PCs

25. - Top - End - #1075
    Ogre in the Playground

Hut 1

Waterstrider hugs Renetta gently. "They'll love to see you again. I..." He stops when his hears pick up the crying, and they fall in sadness. "I'll be back." He tells the elf before going outside, scooping up Lily wherever she is, and bring her back inside, holding her.

26. - Top - End - #1076
    Ogre in the Playground

[Pathfinder's Hut]

"Lily?" Renetta stands and moves toward the two. "What's wrong." Of course, she knows perfectly well what's wrong.

27. - Top - End - #1077
    Troll in the Playground

Hut

"I want to come with you,"
    Lily says. This came up already, and of course, all three adults already said no.

― Dorothy Parker

Show
    Ext. Sig.
    PCs

28. - Top - End - #1078
    Orc in the Playground

Forest

Natalie's here, wearing a loose pair of trousers and a blue t-shirt. The ten-year-old girl is sitting on a relatively low branch of an oak tree. She's just above the height of a normal human. She's mainly watching squirrels and swinging her legs.

Lake

Myrim is in the shallows, swimming and exploring. She stays under for quite a while, due to the gills in her neck. She's a Marsh Goblin, with blue skin, greenish blue hair, golden eyes, and feathery gills in her neck. She's wearing a plain cotton robe and not much else.

Where Ever Jamie Is

Oddball the Oddish is following shortly behind.
    Terrowin Avatar by HappyTurtle. Much thanks!

29. - Top - End - #1079
    Ogre in the Playground

Hut

The wolfen holds Lily, nuzzling her cheek gently to wipe away her tears before setting her on the bed and kneeling down in front of her to look into the Halfling's eyes. "I'm not going to be gone forever. I promise. And I don't make promises I don't keep, do I?"

30. - Top - End - #1080
    Ogre in the Playground

[Pathfinder's Hut]

"It's okay, Lily, I-" Renetta cuts off, not really sure how to finish that sentence. She... doesn't really know what she's going to do. She hasn't thought that far ahead.