New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 37 of 51 FirstFirst ... 12272829303132333435363738394041424344454647 ... LastLast
Results 1,081 to 1,110 of 1504
  1. - Top - End - #1081
    Troll in the Playground

Default Re: {Nexus} Good League of Good LXXVII: Earth Vampires DON'T Sparkle!

Hut

"But what if bad people..." her voice cracks and she buries her face against him, bawling uncontrollably.

About this time, Waterstrider will probably recognize Pansy's footsteps. She doesn't come out into the forest as often as the others. She steps into the doorway of the hug and gives the Wolfen a sad smile.
    My avatar! Isn't it just utterly diabolical? Ashen Lilies made it!

"Money cannot buy health, but I'd settle for a diamond-studded wheelchair."
    ― Dorothy Parker

Spoiler: Interested in Nexus FFRP? Newcomers welcome!
    Show
    FFRP Faqs |Nexus Faqs | Nexus IRC Chat
    We're friendly! Join the fun!
    Ext. Sig.
    PCs

2. - Top - End - #1082
    Ogre in the Playground

Pathfinder's Hut

"You'll be safe here, Lily. Just listen to your parents and everything will be okay."
    He swears. "Trust them, okay?" The Wolfen tells her before looking up at Pansy and giving her a small apologetic smile. "I'll be back soon. I promise."

3. - Top - End - #1083
    Troll in the Playground

Hut

Pansy reaches up and takes Lily's hand. "She's worried about you, Waterstrider," she says softly. Lily nods without looking up, the motion felt rather than seen. "You need to tell her what precautions you'll be taking to avoid getting captured again."

― Dorothy Parker

Show
    Ext. Sig.
    PCs

4. - Top - End - #1084
    Ogre in the Playground

[Pathfinder's Hut]

Renetta opens her mouth to say something, but stops herself. Saying goodbye is hard, and she wasn't even thinking about that aspect of her leaving. But she'll see them again, right?
    Last edited by Gullara; 2011-11-23 at 05:42 PM.

5. - Top - End - #1085
    Barbarian in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Gulaghar View Post
    [Outside Dwarf Fortress]

Koro makes bear noises. I'm starting to doubt his honesty here. He's totally just doing this to spite her. Or, you know, he's a bear that can't understand her.
    The dwarf walks over to Koro and tries to tie the silk rope around his leg. If that's successful:

Alright, there. She'll possibly say, before perhaps heading back inside to tan the hide.
    Recaiden made the mime doll.

Spoiler: Nexus Characters
    Show

6. - Top - End - #1086
    Ogre in the Playground

Pathfinder's Hut

Waterstrider tries to stroke Lily's cheek and get her to look up. "We'll be taking a wagon to her home, through the forests and away from the roads." He tells her gently. "But I want you to have something." He reaches for a knife and reaches back, cutting one of his long braids from his mane and offering it to the halfling girl. The braid of fur is about 7 inches long and kept together by painted bone beads. "This is a promise that I'll be back. Just to see you."

7. - Top - End - #1087
    Troll in the Playground

Pathfinder's Hut

Lily's face is streaked with tears, but she smiles widely when he gives her the braid and hugs it. "I'll give you one too! Mommy, will you make me a braid?"

Of course, Waterstrider will have to set her down, but Pansy takes a section of hair from underneath the crown so the gap won't be too obvious and makes a little braid, about 4" long. She cuts it off and gives it to Lily, and Lily presents it proudly to Waterstrider.

― Dorothy Parker

Show
    Ext. Sig.
    PCs

8. - Top - End - #1088
    Ogre in the Playground

[Outside Dwarf Fortress]

Koro looks confused as she ties him up. And makes bear noises of course. When she goes to leave he tries to follow. I have no idea if that rope can hold the massive bear.

[Pathfinder's Hut]

Renetta smiles at the two, though it's a biiit , more directed at Waterstrider. That was so sweet.

9. - Top - End - #1089
    Ogre in the Playground

Hut

Waterstrider takes the braid with a smile and nuzzles against the halfling girl before putting the braid into a pouch at his side. "I'll cherish it. Always."

10. - Top - End - #1090

[Outside Dwarf Fortress]

Koro looks confused as she ties him up. And makes bear noises of course. When she goes to leave he tries to follow. I have no idea if that rope can hold the massive bear.
    Almost certainly not. It's thin, made of silk, and stuck in the ground by a thin sliver of wood. Koro will probably be trailing the silken rope when he tries to follow.

Show

11. - Top - End - #1091
    Ogre in the Playground

[Outside Dwarf Fortress]

Clearly dwarves need better rope! Koro follows along, just as before. He must be wondering why they keep going back a forth.

12. - Top - End - #1092
    Troll in the Playground

Hut

"I love you, Waterstrider,"
    Lily says, and hugs him tightly.

"So do I," Pansy says, taking advantage of him kneeling to nuzzle Lily to put her hand on his cheek. And she reaches out to squeeze Renetta's hand. "And you too, Renetta. Travel safely."

― Dorothy Parker

Show
    Ext. Sig.
    PCs

13. - Top - End - #1093
    Ogre in the Playground

[Pathfinder's Hut]

"Thank you, Pansy. This isn't the last time we'll see each other. I promise." The elf squeezes her hand back, giving her a small smile.

14. - Top - End - #1094
    Ogre in the Playground

Pathfinder's Hut

"And I love you both."
    He tells them truthfully, nuzzling against Pansy's hand while hugging Lily.

15. - Top - End - #1095
    Troll in the Playground

Hut

There are probably many more hugs and kisses before Lily finally lets her mom pick her up and carry her back to their cabin. She's really too big to be carried by her mother.

Pansy doesn't care.

― Dorothy Parker

Show
    Ext. Sig.
    PCs

16. - Top - End - #1096

[Outside Dwarf Fortress]

Clearly dwarves need better rope! Koro follows along, just as before. He must be wondering why they keep going back a forth.
    The dwarf doesn't even turn around, she walks straight into the fortress, past all the traps, and into her leatherworker's workshop. She starts the messy and ugly process of tanning, all without noticing Koro.

Show

17. - Top - End - #1097
    Ogre in the Playground

[Dwarf Fortress]

Koro watches her for a few minutes. It gets boring though, and he has a tummy full of meat to digest. He lies down right behind her. Of course, lying down he's still probably as tall as she is, so no comical tripping. v.v

[Leaving]

Some time later, and undoubtedly after some goodbyes, Renetta and Waterstrider have presumably gotten packed up and got a wagon.

Renetta takes one last look over the camp. It was good here, but she'll be back sometime. Right? Without a concrete answer, she turns to Waterstrider. "Let's go." She might need some help getting onto the wagon.
    Last edited by Gullara; 2011-11-23 at 11:12 PM.

18. - Top - End - #1098
    Ogre in the Playground

Pathfinder's Hut => Leaving

Waterstrider would have given Lily many more promises, crying himself at the feeling of abandonment. He knew he wasn't leaving them forever. Even if Renetta's people accepted him, he'd never survive in a civilized world. He could feel it in his bones. And if they didn't accept him...

Then he'd be back much sooner than planned.

The Wolfen gives Renetta a smile before lifting her gently and putting her in the back, under the cover and on the many blankets, furs, and cushions that he's put back there as a bed. "Lets go."

He leaves her in the back and walks up to the mule at the front, giving it a gentle rub between the eyes. <Lets go...> He murmurs before leading them all away.

19. - Top - End - #1099

The dwarf turns around to hang the leather on a rack and runs into a bear.

She sighs loudly.

Alright then. This is what's going to happen. She says, mostly to herself. She sets the leather aside, and tries to pick up Koro.

She's pretty strong, and if Koro has standard density for his size, she should manage it.

Show

20. - Top - End - #1100
    Ogre in the Playground

[Dwarf Fortress]

Koro is ten feet tall at the shoulder. Twenty feet long. He weights 7200 pound (3300 kg).

The dwarf still lifts him. WhatisthisIdon'teven.

Koro makes bear noises! What is going on?!
    Last edited by Gullara; 2011-11-23 at 11:55 PM.

21. - Top - End - #1101

Go... back... to sleep... the dwarf grunts, slowly heading back towards the entrance to the fortress. I'm just... relocating... you. She says, grunting with the effort of lifting him.

Show

22. - Top - End - #1102
    Ogre in the Playground

[Dwarf Fortress]

Koro makes more bear noises. This isn't comfortable at all! He doesn't move, however. Thank goodness for that.

23. - Top - End - #1103

[Dwarf Fortress]

Koro makes more bear noises. This isn't comfortable at all! He doesn't move, however. Thank goodness for that.
    It will be a long journey back to the entrance of the fortress for Koro and the dwarf. Not distance wise, but time wise - she's moving quite slowly.

You think... this is... any... easier... for... me?

Show

24. - Top - End - #1104
    Ogre in the Playground

[Dwarf Fortress]

Koro makes bear noises. Man, they really need a bear to common translator. Hey, look at that. He's settled his head back down. Maybe he'll sleep.

25. - Top - End - #1105

[Dwarf Fortress]

Koro makes bear noises. Man, they really need a bear to common translator. Hey, look at that. He's settled his head back down. Maybe he'll sleep.
    Good... bear... The dwarf says.

If Koro doesn't wake up then the dwarf and bear will eventually make it to the entrance to the fortress again, and the dwarf will gently lower the beargon to the ground.

Alright. Sleep there. That's close enough.

Show

26. - Top - End - #1106
    Ogre in the Playground

[Dwarf Fortress]

Koror makes some bear noises, but look at that, he's not getting up again. About time too. Now they have a mountain of bear protecting the fort!

27. - Top - End - #1107
    Dwarf in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Neon Knight View Post
    Misaki is wearing her emotions on her sleeve, so she isn't that hard to read. She's curious towards the other catgirl, if a bit challenging. "And why are you here? Why did you come to GLoG?"
    "I was swept up by a wind and landed in the forest, that way." Keo points at the woods in some direction. She then goes about memorizing the little goblin.

An itty bitty goblin. So small.

So tiny.
    Last edited by Lost_Deep; 2011-11-24 at 05:06 PM.

28. - Top - End - #1108
    Titan in the Playground

[Outdoors]

Brinika tilts her head. That must've been a strong wind.
    My FFRP characters. Avatar by Ashen Lilies. Sigatars by Ashen Lilies, Gullara and Purple Eagle.
    Interested in the Nexus FFRP setting? See our Discord server.

29. - Top - End - #1109
    Dwarf in the Playground

Outdoors

Keo nods. "It was. It was the strongest wind I have ever felt, and it left me confused and in an odd place surrounded by odd trees. I wonder if it was a tor... tornado. I hear that tor-nados have really strong wind."

30. - Top - End - #1110
    Titan in the Playground

[Outdoors]

Brinika's eyes go wide. That sounds scary! It just carried you all over the way here?
    My FFRP characters. Avatar by Ashen Lilies. Sigatars by Ashen Lilies, Gullara and Purple Eagle.
    Interested in the Nexus FFRP setting? See our Discord server.