New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 40 of 51 FirstFirst ... 15303132333435363738394041424344454647484950 ... LastLast
Results 1,171 to 1,200 of 1504
  1. - Top - End - #1171
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: {Nexus} Good League of Good LXXVII: Earth Vampires DON'T Sparkle!

[Giant Slide]

Brinika blinks, then here eyes go wide.
    Pumpkin monsters? What's a pumpkin?
    My FFRP characters. Avatar by Ashen Lilies. Sigatars by Ashen Lilies, Gullara and Purple Eagle.
    Interested in the Nexus FFRP setting? See our Discord server.

2. - Top - End - #1172
    Troll in the Playground

Giant Slide

"A pumpkin is an orange gourd, with a hard rind, but the insides are delicious. You can cook with the flesh or the seeds. The only problem is that they can grow so big that I can't even carry them! You can make them into pie or soup or ravioli. The little ones can be hollowed out and stuffed. One stuffing recipe I like has garbanzo beans, apricots, chestnuts...."
    He's likely to go on for some time, extolling about the virtues of pumpkin as a food item, the way some little boys might know all about comic book heroes or sports stars or dinosaurs.
    My avatar! Isn't it just utterly diabolical? Ashen Lilies made it!

"Money cannot buy health, but I'd settle for a diamond-studded wheelchair."
    ― Dorothy Parker

Spoiler: Interested in Nexus FFRP? Newcomers welcome!
    Show
    FFRP Faqs |Nexus Faqs | Nexus IRC Chat
    We're friendly! Join the fun!
    Ext. Sig.
    PCs

3. - Top - End - #1173
    Titan in the Playground

[Giant Slide]

Brinika listens with her eyes wide. Tiny goblins can absorb lots and lots of information and Brinika is curious even by goblin standards. And there are pumpkin monsters too?
    My FFRP characters. Avatar by Ashen Lilies. Sigatars by Ashen Lilies, Gullara and Purple Eagle.

4. - Top - End - #1174
    Troll in the Playground

Giant Slide

Tito's facade breaks, and the sudden haunted look in his eyes shows that he's just as badly effected by Waterstrider's departure as his sister, if coping with it in a completely different way. "I saw one. It was fighting with Waterstrider and it cut off his paw." Reelskha probably saw Waterstrider around the camp after the amputation.

― Dorothy Parker

Show
    Ext. Sig.
    PCs

5. - Top - End - #1175
    Titan in the Playground

[Giant Slide]

Brinika gasps and puts her hands over her mouth. That's terrible! Did... did someone chase the monster away?

6. - Top - End - #1176
    Troll in the Playground

Giant Slide

"Mhm. A ghost with a burning sword," Tito says, nodding solemnly. The trauma of the event rearranged some of the memories. "I was scared of the ghosts the first time I saw them, but I'm glad they're here to protect everyone."

― Dorothy Parker

Show
    Ext. Sig.
    PCs

7. - Top - End - #1177
    Titan in the Playground

[Giant Slide]

Brinika nods.
    Yeah. Aunt Reelshka says the ghosts here are nice and protective and stuff. Her ears twitch. Do we have any non-monster pumpkins? I'm curious what they taste like.

8. - Top - End - #1178
    Troll in the Playground

Giant Slide

"No. We didn't get here in time to plant any, and they're really expensive at the market."
    Probably because What pumpkin steals all the harvests. It does tend to both cut down on the availability of pumpkins and discourage people from planting any.

― Dorothy Parker

Show
    Ext. Sig.
    PCs

9. - Top - End - #1179
    Orc in the Playground

By The Carriage

Is waiting on Horngeek. I don't know what Zamira will try with the minotaur.

Lake

Myrim's swimming out here. She's a blue-skinned Marsh Goblin with greenish-blue hair, golden eyes, and a pair of feathery gills just below her ears, which happen to be large. Her fingers and toes are webbed, and she's wearing a plain white cotton dress. She's harvesting waterweed, especially the long, stringy stuff.
    Terrowin Avatar by HappyTurtle. Much thanks!

10. - Top - End - #1180
    Titan in the Playground

[Giant Slide]

Aww. Brinika's ears droop a little. She wanted to eat a pumpkin. Do you think I should try to cheer Lily up? As usual, Brinika is hopping from one topic to another like a frog.

11. - Top - End - #1181
    Troll in the Playground

Giant Slide

"There's Myrim!"
    Tito says. "Hi Myrim!" He calls out. "Want to come meet Brinika?"

HT needs to naptime now sadly. He'll show Myrim the frogs he's caught though, and if she thinks any of them are edible to her, take them to the kitchen and start making her something nice.

― Dorothy Parker

Show
    Ext. Sig.
    PCs

12. - Top - End - #1182
    Orc in the Playground

Lake --> Giant Slide

Myrim smiles and waves back, before kicking her way over. She's an expert swimmer, and is soon ashore. "Hello Tito. Ooh, yes, they look tasty." Then she turns to Brinika. "Hello, my name's Myrim. What's yours?" She smiles widely, and holds out a hand to shake. It'll be wet. The other hand is holding the waterweed. Unfortunately, her dress is wet and rather clingy, so it's not hiding much and Myrim's not used to being around children.

13. - Top - End - #1183
    Troll in the Playground

Garden

Jamie, along with her new onion friend, is here.

Inner Circle
    Spoiler
    Show

Werewolf Games
    Spoiler
    Show
    Games Won: 5
    Ashna and Brendan dolls by Recaiden
    BR by Dr. Bath

BR's Bag o' Nuts · The Russkijs · Bushrangers explained
    Homebrew
    Condiments · Pianos · Tumbleweeds · Drow Bloodline · Half-Drow Noble · Lacy Items

14. - Top - End - #1184
    Titan in the Playground

[Giant Slide]

Brinika shakes Myrim's hand bashfully. She feels awkward around her. Um, I'm Brinika. Do you know my aunt Reelshka?
    Last edited by Morty; 2011-11-26 at 04:38 PM.

15. - Top - End - #1185
    Orc in the Playground

Giant Slide

"Oh, yes. She was there when I was released. One of the first people I spoke to here. What type of goblin are you?" I suspect that there's only one type of goblin in Brinika's homeworld, whereas there's five different species on Myrim's homeworld.

Incidently, Myrim sits down and starts weaving the waterweed.

16. - Top - End - #1186
    Titan in the Playground

[Giant Slide]

Brinika's ears twitch.
    I dunno. Gobliny goblin. I don't think there are any more types where I came from. Except for hobgoblins but they're treates as different species.

17. - Top - End - #1187
    Orc in the Playground

Giant Slide

"Really? Well, if the legends are true, there used to only be one type of goblin where I'm from, living in great cities in plains dominated by aurochs herds. But the goblin civilisation was crushed by the First Great Elvish Empire and the survivors fled and adapted to their new environments. That was thousands of years ago, and now there's Hobgoblins, or High Goblins as they call themselves, Marsh Goblins, Island Goblins, Cliff Goblins and Ice Goblins, depending on where they went." Goblins are possibly the most varied group on her homeworld; not only are Marsh Goblins different from the other varieties, but Myrim's family is different to the other families in the same tribe, and the differences between tribes are greater still.

18. - Top - End - #1188
    Titan in the Playground

[Giant Slide]

Brinika scowls. The elves conquered the goblins? That's mean. Why can't everyone get along? Brinika's homeworld has certainly seen its share of genocidal strife.

19. - Top - End - #1189
    Orc in the Playground

Giant Slide

"Elves are mean. Well, not all of them, but the Imperial Family of the City Elves tends to be incredibly xenophobic, arrogant and close-minded. They see themselves as the ultimate form of creation and destined to rule the world. If that's the case, surely there wouldn't have been a need for a Second Great Elvish Empire, nor a Third." And the only reason the Hill Dwarfs haven't done the same is because they can't agree on who's boss, who owns the contents of the barn, who did what at Granddad's second wedding and lots of other disputes between the different clans. Although, they are actually quite accepting, unless you're an elf.

20. - Top - End - #1190
    Titan in the Playground

[Giant Slide]

Well, I guess it's good you're free from them now, is it? Brinika asks, her ears perking up.

21. - Top - End - #1191
    Orc in the Playground

Giant Slide

"Oh, yes. Though I was treated better than many; I was a noblewoman's status symbol, rather than a labourer or, um, house servant." Myrim's face darkens slightly at the near slip.

22. - Top - End - #1192
    Titan in the Playground

[Giant Slide]

Time for a subject change. Little goblins have a very short attention span.
    So you live in water? What's it like? Brinika herself can't even swim.

23. - Top - End - #1193
    Orc in the Playground

Giant Slide

"No, actually; our houses have stilts, so we live above the water. We can't cook anything otherwise. As to what it's like underwater, it's amazing. It's so freeing, and comforting, and... Oh, it's hard to describe. Do you enjoy swimming?" Myrim continues her weaving of the water weed.

24. - Top - End - #1194
    Ogre in the Playground

Zamira grimaces. "I'm not sure how to break the collars. Without harming you, at least."

Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Revlid View Post
    And so it was that Zaeed, Aang, Winry, Ezio, Sadoko and Snow White all set out on their epic journey to destroy The Empire.

God I love Exalted.

Gold Dragon avatar by Serpentine

25. - Top - End - #1195
    Titan in the Playground

[Giant Slide]

Brinika's ears droop a little in embarassment. Um, I can't swim.

26. - Top - End - #1196
    Orc in the Playground

By The Carriage

The biggest minotaur has broken his collar/cuffs, now. "We are thick-skinned and hard-boned. We will not flinch- do what you must."

Giant Slide

"Oh. Do you want me to teach you?" Myrim might not be a good teacher- she doesn't realise that other species can't breathe water.

27. - Top - End - #1197
    Dwarf in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Morty View Post
    [Outdoors]

Brinika's brow furrows in thought. She doesn't really know how to explain it. It's, um... coins. And notes. People earn them by working and give them in exchange for stuff.

"Oh..."

Once again, Keo thinks a bit.

"I don't know much about anything here. It's all so new and weird."

28. - Top - End - #1198
    Barbarian in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Reinholdt View Post
    Dwarf Fortress

Reinholdt breaks out of his stunned silence to look down at the puzzle box and blink.
    Blink blink.

"Ummm... how much is your allowance?"
    I get three copper coins a month. There's not much to spend it on though... He says, considering.

My parents sometimes go into the city though, so I can get stuff from there.
    Recaiden made the mime doll.

Spoiler: Nexus Characters
    Show

29. - Top - End - #1199
    Ogre in the Playground

[Dwarf Fortress]

"Errr... don't you think you should get more than that? Your room alone must be worth a million copper pieces." Yeesh.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Magtok View Post
    Gods, Reinholdt was right, a hundred percent right.
    Spoiler
    Show
    -Nyahahaha~
    Quote Originally Posted by Supagoof View Post
    Tale as old as thread
    And you find yourself dead
    Reinholdt was the Beast
    Quote Originally Posted by Philistine View Post
    Reinholdt had already told the truth once in that post, and therefore was over his annual quota.

30. - Top - End - #1200
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Earl of Purple View Post
    Giant Slide

"Oh. Do you want me to teach you?" Myrim might not be a good teacher- she doesn't realise that other species can't breathe water.
    Brinika looks rather uncertain. I'm not sure. Swimming sounds a bit scary. What if I drown?

Quote Originally Posted by Lost_Deep View Post

"Oh..."

Once again, Keo thinks a bit.

"I don't know much about anything here. It's all so new and weird."
    I'm sure you'll get used to it! Brinika says in a reassuring tone. This place is really great.