New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 47 of 51 FirstFirst ... 22373839404142434445464748495051 LastLast
Results 1,381 to 1,410 of 1504
  1. - Top - End - #1381
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: {Nexus} Good League of Good LXXVII: Earth Vampires DON'T Sparkle!

Quote Originally Posted by ThirdEmperor View Post
    Outside the Main Cabin

"I, er... As I said, it's, well it's really just a matter of, er, which country discovers the other first. After all, if someone from this "Nexus" place had crashed into Auristein, well, then it would be us who were the primitive barbarians an not.. this.. place... Uh, which is in no way meant to imply that you are primitive barbarians, I mean... By the spirits this guy is good at digging his own grave! ... Sorry, I guess I didn't realize that I was being rude?"

Well, that's probably about as close as he's gonna get to a proper answer.
    Reelshka places her hands on her hips, mollified somewhat. At least you realized it now. Well, as it happens, you're far away from home. Nexus has a way of sucking people in, so to speak.

Quote Originally Posted by Earl of Purple View Post
    By The Lake

"It's when you're in a small space and you start to panic and have difficulty breathing and get really flustered and so on." Myrim's explanation is somewhat awkward; she's not used to having to explain the word.
    Brinika blinks. I've never felt that way. Or even heard of such a thing. Why do people do that? Is that the same as when I sometimes feel scared by the sky and open space and such?

Quote Originally Posted by The Bushranger View Post
    [Cabin 8]

"Maybe. I guess now we have the inevitable result of a study," Shrike chuckles sardonically. "'Further study reccomended'?"
    Probably. I feel... curious. It's the first time I actually got some answers about my patrons. She pauses. It would be easiest to actually get to talk to them. Sadly, they haven't revealed themselves as eager to participate in conversation.
    My FFRP characters. Avatar by Ashen Lilies. Sigatars by Ashen Lilies, Gullara and Purple Eagle.
    Interested in the Nexus FFRP setting? See our Discord server.

2. - Top - End - #1382
    Orc in the Playground

By The Lake

"Um, sort of? I think where you are from, goblins naturally live underground and so sometimes have difficulty with wide open spaces above ground, whilst where I'm from goblins naturally live aboveground and so sometimes have difficulty with enclosed spaces underground. Basically, claustrophobia is like what you have with the sky and open spaces, but for creatures that live in places with lots of sky and open spaces when they are underground and deprived of open space." Myrim hopes she makes sense, but she's beginning to lose where she is when she's talking.
    Terrowin Avatar by HappyTurtle. Much thanks!

3. - Top - End - #1383
    Titan in the Playground

[By The Lake]

Brinika's eyes glaze over a little; most of what Myrim says flies over her head. Um, I guess that makes sense. It's good to have another goblin around either way.
    My FFRP characters. Avatar by Ashen Lilies. Sigatars by Ashen Lilies, Gullara and Purple Eagle.

4. - Top - End - #1384
    Bugbear in the Playground

Outside the Main Cabin

The aeronaut breaths a sigh of relief, very glad that he's not about to be attacked by the first native he's met. "'Sucked in?' You mean, like some sort of high-altitude atmospheric effect that pulls in anyone traveling above a certain range? That would explain why I crashed- It's also, coincidentally, an explanation that doesn't put the blame on the aeronaut's use of second rate material in building his glider. Sitting down on the steps, the half-hob quickly pulls a notebook and pen out of his pack, scribbling some techno-jibberish about clouds and wind currents down. "Uh, would you mind me asking a few questions about this place?"
    Meese Mobster by smuchmuch.

5. - Top - End - #1385
    Orc in the Playground

By The Lake

"It's good to be here. Such a marvellous lake; I really missed swimming. Well, that and newt stew." Myrim looks back down at the garment she is weaving from the waterweed.

6. - Top - End - #1386
    Titan in the Playground

Outside the Main Cabin

The aeronaut breaths a sigh of relief, very glad that he's not about to be attacked by the first native he's met. "'Sucked in?' You mean, like some sort of high-altitude atmospheric effect that pulls in anyone traveling above a certain range? That would explain why I crashed- It's also, coincidentally, an explanation that doesn't put the blame on the aeronaut's use of second rate material in building his glider. Sitting down on the steps, the half-hob quickly pulls a notebook and pen out of his pack, scribbling some techno-jibberish about clouds and wind currents down. "Uh, would you mind me asking a few questions about this place?"
    Reelshka sighs. This is going to be good... Go ahead.

By The Lake

"It's good to be here. Such a marvellous lake; I really missed swimming. Well, that and newt stew." Myrim looks back down at the garment she is weaving from the waterweed.
    Ooooh. Newt stew? Brinika's interest is picked.

((Deadtime for the night.))

7. - Top - End - #1387
    Troll in the Playground

[Cabin 8]

"Is there any way...that somebody other than you can talk to them?" Shrike asks, tilting her head curiously.

[Outside]

Jamie waits on Kevin to answer.

Inner Circle
    Spoiler
    Show

Werewolf Games
    Spoiler
    Show
    Games Won: 5
    Ashna and Brendan dolls by Recaiden
    BR by Dr. Bath

BR's Bag o' Nuts · The Russkijs · Bushrangers explained
    Homebrew
    Condiments · Pianos · Tumbleweeds · Drow Bloodline · Half-Drow Noble · Lacy Items

8. - Top - End - #1388
    Orc in the Playground

By The Lake

"Yes, it's very tasty. Although I haven't seen many big newts around here; they're all tiny." No, there's no giant newts on her homeworld, they just tend to be twice the size of whatever's in the lake.

9. - Top - End - #1389
    Barbarian in the Playground

In the Infirmary, plotcloned Jamie and Quinn set to work applying antiseptic to the scratches on Holly's arms, as Quinn splints the broken arm and then casts a healing spell to (duh) try and heal it.
    The healing spell fixes Holly's arm quite well, and probably also cures any infections she may have already suffered. Magical healing is so convenient in that way. She's still exahusted and dehydrated though, and very passed out. She probably won't wake up until...

[several hours later]

Now. She looks around the room quickly to remind herself where she is, and asks "Jamie?".
    Avatar by Vulion. Vectored by me.

10. - Top - End - #1390
    Troll in the Playground

Infirmary

Jamie, as it happens, is sitting next to Holly's bed, and quickly leans over, reaching to take her friend's hand.
    "I'm here. You're OK."

Inner Circle
    Spoiler
    Show

Werewolf Games
    Spoiler
    Show
    BR by Dr. Bath

Homebrew
    Condiments · Pianos · Tumbleweeds · Drow Bloodline · Half-Drow Noble · Lacy Items

11. - Top - End - #1391
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by FireFox View Post
    [Med Lab]

The cleric gives the cat a blank look, but the Druid grins.
    I beg your pardon?
    I'm Joe. You're the brainy one, Frank, so that makes me the handsome one. He turns to Reinholdt. What's up, Nancy?
    Who's the enabling one now, Rein?
    "Actually that just makes you the impulsive trouble making one. It's obvious Tony got all the good looks." Reinholdt counters, giving Tony a leering appraising look, completely ignoring Tobias.

For a second anyways.
    "Oh. Right. Wanted to talk to you about the airship ride you and Jamie are to go on."
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Magtok View Post
    Gods, Reinholdt was right, a hundred percent right.
    Spoiler
    Show
    -Nyahahaha~
    Quote Originally Posted by Supagoof View Post
    Tale as old as thread
    And you find yourself dead
    Reinholdt was the Beast
    Quote Originally Posted by Philistine View Post
    Reinholdt had already told the truth once in that post, and therefore was over his annual quota.

12. - Top - End - #1392
    Titan in the Playground

[Cabin 8]

"Is there any way...that somebody other than you can talk to them?" Shrike asks, tilting her head curiously.
    Sophie looks at the ceiling. I would have said it's impossible. But I'm reluctant to use that word after what we just found out. Either way, noone has actually talked to the Messengers. They give us a message that spurs our Imbuing and they disappear. Still... maybe you could do it. Maybe they'd be willing to talk to... one of them, she says with a slight smile.
    And Tarin has actually talked to the Messengers, but with Neon going on hiatus, I don't know whether Sophie knows this or not.

By The Lake

"Yes, it's very tasty. Although I haven't seen many big newts around here; they're all tiny." No, there's no giant newts on her homeworld, they just tend to be twice the size of whatever's in the lake.
    Aww. Well, if you do manage to cook some newt stew, could I try it? Maybe Aunt Reelshka would like it too.

13. - Top - End - #1393
    Troll in the Playground

Shrike chuckles.
    "One of us, one of us...well, I can try it if you'd like, although I have no idea how to go about that."
    Aside from, of course, calling in the Friendly Neighbourhood Spider-QuinnTelepath.

Inner Circle
    Spoiler
    Show

Werewolf Games
    Spoiler
    Show
    BR by Dr. Bath

Homebrew

14. - Top - End - #1394
    Titan in the Playground

Sophie rubs her face. Yes... this is a problem. I don't even know where they are and how do they contact us in the first place. They must be aware of what happens around Hunters in some way though, because they know when to Imbue us, and maybe grant us new Edges if they come from them.

15. - Top - End - #1395
    Troll in the Playground

"So, what, do I just say 'hey, I wanna talk to you' or something?" Shrike quips with a chuckle.

Inner Circle
    Spoiler
    Show

Werewolf Games
    Spoiler
    Show
    BR by Dr. Bath

Homebrew

16. - Top - End - #1396
    Titan in the Playground

Sophie shrugs. Worth a try, isn't it? Maybe put on a show while doing so. Like I said, they might show up to talk to an Exalted.

17. - Top - End - #1397
    Orc in the Playground

By The Lake

"Oh, I don't know if I could do the dish justice. My mother made gorgeous newt stew, and I'd help sometimes, but I haven't had any for awhile and I've never made it on my own." She was just beginning to learn her way around the cook-pit when her village was raided by elvish slavers.

18. - Top - End - #1398
    Troll in the Playground

[Cabin 8]

Shrike shrugs, then takes a deep breath, and channeling Essence through her body once more. Her Caste Mark growing brightly as she reaches to rest her fingers against Sophie's forehead.
    "Messengers of the Imbused, a Chosen of the Unconquered Sun requests your presence."

(Said in Old Realm...her player is not going to go through cut-and-paste from the translator again. >_>)

Inner Circle
    Spoiler
    Show

Werewolf Games
    Spoiler
    Show
    BR by Dr. Bath

Homebrew

19. - Top - End - #1399
    Titan in the Playground

[Cabin 8]

Sophie's eyes glaze over, and Shrike's ears are filled with a cacophonic noise that grows ever louder. Eventually, when it reaches the point of almost unbearable loudness, it instead shifts into incoherent rambing. Some voices, however can be heard above that background, calling out to Shrike.
    You.
    One of Us.
    How?

[By The Lake]

Awww. I'm sure it was very tasty. Brinika's ears twitch once more. So where are you staying? In one of the cabins?

20. - Top - End - #1400

Outside the Main Cabin

"Kay, so, I guess the most important question is, what's the weather like around here?"

Seriously? He's just crash landed on an entirely different world, and the first thing he wants to know is what the weather's like?

"Oh, and how do the locals view magic and magical beings? I'd rather avoid being burned at stake!"

21. - Top - End - #1401
    Orc in the Playground

By The Lake

"Oh, it is. Nothing tastier. Yes, I'm in one of the cabins. The one named after the tree." She hasn't been here long enough to be aware that all the cabins are named after trees, and she only knows it's named after a tree because she asked.

I haven't decided which cabin yet, is the main reason.

22. - Top - End - #1402
    Troll in the Playground

[Cabin 8]

Shrike weathers the storm of noise, although she does scrunch up her face in discomfort.
    "I do not know. That is why I ask. I have only just found this," she admits.

Inner Circle
    Spoiler
    Show

Werewolf Games
    Spoiler
    Show
    BR by Dr. Bath

Homebrew

23. - Top - End - #1403
    Titan in the Playground

Outside the Main Cabin

"Kay, so, I guess the most important question is, what's the weather like around here?"

Seriously? He's just crash landed on an entirely different world, and the first thing he wants to know is what the weather's like?

"Oh, and how do the locals view magic and magical beings? I'd rather avoid being burned at stake!"
    Oh, there's plenty of magic here. Noone gives it a second look, really. It sometimes seems there are fewer non-magical folk, really.

By The Lake

"Oh, it is. Nothing tastier. Yes, I'm in one of the cabins. The one named after the tree." She hasn't been here long enough to be aware that all the cabins are named after trees, and she only knows it's named after a tree because she asked.

I haven't decided which cabin yet, is the main reason.
    All of them are named after trees, actually. It's weird. Turns out there are all sorts of trees with different names. But they all look the same to me. The tiny goblin is confused.

[Cabin 8]

Shrike weathers the storm of noise, although she does scrunch up her face in discomfort.
    "I do not know. That is why I ask. I have only just found this," she admits.
    Long ago glorious champions of the Sun.
    Needed no longer.
    Left into endless void, found new world and heirs to our glory.

The Messengers speak in Old Realm as well. Shrike might also note they appear to be becoming more... coherent with each passing second.
    Last edited by Morty; 2011-12-04 at 04:36 PM.

24. - Top - End - #1404
    Troll in the Playground

[Cabin 8]
    "Long ago and unneeded...the past of yours must be the future of mine. These heirs, would be the Imbued?" Shrike asks, her expression inent - and wonderous.

Inner Circle
    Spoiler
    Show

Werewolf Games
    Spoiler
    Show
    BR by Dr. Bath

Homebrew

25. - Top - End - #1405
    Barbarian in the Playground

GLoG Airspace

Julie is racing high above the forests surrounding GLoG, almost neck and neck with her boyfriend Eric in a competition to see who can touch down first in the campground.

She seems intent on the race, enjoying the feeling of the wind racing under her wings as she pushes herself psionically and physically just to keep up with him.

It's up to his player, but if it looks to her like Eric will win she may start to cheat a bit, sending risque images of her to his mind through their mental link to try to distract him. She's certain it won't work, but it doesn't take any of her concentration and she's having fun doing it. If, by some miracle it does throw him off enough to slow him down she may just win.

Otherwise he'll most likely land just seconds before she does.
    Julie, everyone's nth favorite succubus, by Gulaghar.
    An amazing Misha, Mimi, and Riss painting done by Ofride.
    For anyone in plots run by me, know that I always tailor solutions to those in the plot. The answer may not be obvious, but it's there, and doable by the displayed abilities of the present characters. If you need help or hints, I'll try to be available to provide them.

26. - Top - End - #1406
    Orc in the Playground

By The Lake

"Oh really? There's no trees where I'm from, apart from some mangrove trees, but we lived a good distance away from the nearest stand of those. I suppose Tree Goblins would know their trees better than I do; they live in them, after all." Myrim's slightly concerned now. She was counting on being able to find it again because it's named after a tree.

27. - Top - End - #1407
    Titan in the Playground

[Cabin 8]
    "Long ago and unneeded...the past of yours must be the future of mine. These heirs, would be the Imbued?" Shrike asks, her expression inent - and wonderous.
    Yes.
    They're different. Weaker. Humble.
    Different champions for a different world.

By The Lake

"Oh really? There's no trees where I'm from, apart from some mangrove trees, but we lived a good distance away from the nearest stand of those. I suppose Tree Goblins would know their trees better than I do; they live in them, after all." Myrim's slightly concerned now. She was counting on being able to find it again because it's named after a tree.
    Goblins living in trees sound weird. More like hobgoblins. My dad has always said to watch our for hobgoblins but Aunt Reelshka said it's nonsense. Brinika's ears droop. Conflicted messages are bad for a child.

28. - Top - End - #1408

Outside the Main Cabin

"Well, that's good. Bein burned at stake is something I'd rather avoid." The hob says, nodding sagely. "What's technology around here like? How close have people gotten to non-magical flight?"

29. - Top - End - #1409
    Troll in the Playground

[Cabin 8]

Shrike nods. "Scaled in an appropriate fashion to the threat. And without the flaws, I would hope."
    Of course, she herself is free of the Great Curse...
    "I believe you...we?...have chosen well."

Inner Circle
    Spoiler
    Show

Werewolf Games
    Spoiler
    Show
    BR by Dr. Bath

Homebrew

30. - Top - End - #1410
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Slii Arhem View Post
    GLoG Airspace

Julie is racing high above the forests surrounding GLoG, almost neck and neck with her boyfriend Eric in a competition to see who can touch down first in the campground.

She seems intent on the race, enjoying the feeling of the wind racing under her wings as she pushes herself psionically and physically just to keep up with him.

It's up to his player, but if it looks to her like Eric will win she may start to cheat a bit, sending risque images of her to his mind through their mental link to try to distract him. She's certain it won't work, but it doesn't take any of her concentration and she's having fun doing it. If, by some miracle it does throw him off enough to slow him down she may just win.

Otherwise he'll most likely land just seconds before she does.
    [GLoG Airspace]

As a matter of fact, that indeed makes Eric falter a bit, at least to start with. Though, that'll give Julie the distance she needs to win their little race.
    If You need me to post somewhere, drop me a message, please

Awesome avatar by the wondrous Kurien.