New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 6 of 51 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151631 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #151
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: {Nexus} Good League of Good LXXVII: Earth Vampires DON'T Sparkle!

[Infirmary]

Ah yes. Sorry about that.
    "Hurry then."
    Irene goes to float out of the Infirmary and to the Main Cabin. It's not hard to figure out which one that is, especially in relation to the Infirmary.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Magtok View Post
    Gods, Reinholdt was right, a hundred percent right.
    Spoiler
    Show
    -Nyahahaha~
    Quote Originally Posted by Supagoof View Post
    Tale as old as thread
    And you find yourself dead
    Reinholdt was the Beast
    Quote Originally Posted by Philistine View Post
    Reinholdt had already told the truth once in that post, and therefore was over his annual quota.

2. - Top - End - #152
    Troll in the Playground

Main Cabin

((Sorry, I didn't see your post, Rae.))

Assuming Rae actually goes to the Main Cabin instead of just offering to go, he'll find the doors locked, though one of the halfling family will quickly unlock it and let him in. The wolfen is curled up on the floor with his head in Renetta's lap, and four very worried Applehills close by. One of his front paws is missing with the stump self-cauterized.

"Can you help him? Please?"
    Pansy asks, her voice breaking.
    My avatar! Isn't it just utterly diabolical? Ashen Lilies made it!

"Money cannot buy health, but I'd settle for a diamond-studded wheelchair."
    ― Dorothy Parker

Spoiler: Interested in Nexus FFRP? Newcomers welcome!
    Show
    FFRP Faqs |Nexus Faqs | Nexus IRC Chat
    We're friendly! Join the fun!
    Ext. Sig.
    PCs

3. - Top - End - #153
    Troll in the Playground

[Mushroom Cellar]

Misaki goes over to Brinika and Trilby, reaching out to stroke the cat's flank. "He's so cute!"

4. - Top - End - #154
    Bugbear in the Playground

[Main Cabin]

Rae will have went! "I can see what I can do, and if I can't I'll find someone who can." Rae says, smiling comfortingly as he begins to glow faintly blue. When his ring is in use, it extends a calming aura around him, so that, along with the fact that he's an angel, or at least half of one, may help too calm down the obviously distraught halfling family. And anyone else too, I guess.

First thing's first, he'll try to scan Waterstrider with his ring, which should find anything physical or mental that may be wrong with him. You know, aside from the missing paw, which is sort of blatantly obvious. He'll try to see if anything magical is wrong with him with the simple ability to, well, see magical energy. He may not be able to use it, but seeing it is still pretty easy.

[Mushroom Cellar]

Trilby's flank is stroked! He purrs more! He prefers head scritches, but, well, hat. Anyways, he's a kitty, and can't talk, so purring is about all he'll do! Probably!
    I made comics!
    Spoiler
    Show

[/URL]
    Crae is the bestest daddy,
    I make avatars, all you have to do is ask, and I'll do it if I can.
    My Awards
    I've got a Formspring, ask me questions if you want.

5. - Top - End - #155
    Ogre in the Playground

[Main Cabin]

Renetta, the pregnant elf, watches Rae hopefully. The ring helps calm her somewhat, but it'd take a lot more to stop her worrying about Watcherstrider.

6. - Top - End - #156
    Ogre in the Playground

Main Cabin

Other than exhaustion, blood loss, and other things expected of such damage and pain deal to him, nothing is wrong with him physically. Mentally however...is a drastically different question. His mind seems little more than an animal's at the moment, most of it shut down.

Waterstrider's ears perk up as he senses the force being used over him, and the fur on the back of his neck stands as he growls threateningly, baring and licking his teeth in a sign of aggression. It seems that in this state, he's either resistant to the calming effect, or very very adverse to anything unnatural being used on him.

7. - Top - End - #157

[Infirmary]

Andy tries to grap her hand and push it away.

"Don't touch it. The wound will need a while to rest and it would be best to leave it. Also I ask you to stay in bed for a few days. I'm sure I closed it, but I fear it will open again if you move. Maybe we can get someone with healing abilitys if you need to be on your feets fast."

His voice has changed. He now sounds more like a Doctor giving strict oders which don't allow any discussion.
    Grammer is my declared deadly enemy!

Let's PLay's in German Take a Look at Bravely Default.

Nexus Characters: LINK

8. - Top - End - #158
    Troll in the Playground

[Forest]

Quote Originally Posted by Reinholdt View Post
    Butler purrs. Vidalia always knew his best caress spots, even if Decker knew all his favorite scritch spots. Course, Vidalia's vines are more flexible and caress favorable.
    *purr purr*
    Quote Originally Posted by Morty View Post
    It's still not something a child should take part in. And I don't really know anyone who can track... we'd have to ask around.
    Okay then. Let's go back to the camp. Vidalia heads toward the center of camp.

Cupping her hands to her mouth, she calls out for everyone's attention. Attention Glog!! We need a tracker to help us find someone who's been lost in the surrounding forest. She then waits for any volunteers to show up.

Lexington III, my Brute. Inner Circle. ! Melody

9. - Top - End - #159
    Troll in the Playground

Main Cabin

Lily, 7 years old and unafraid, tries to pet him in a way to smooth down his hackles. "Don't be scared, Waterstrider. Mr Rae wants to help."

The calming affect, like with Renetta, only takes the edge off their fears. Particularly those of Brand Applehill, who has yet to tell his family that he was hog-tied and nearly abducted by dangerous men.

― Dorothy Parker

Show
    Ext. Sig.
    PCs

10. - Top - End - #160
    Ogre in the Playground

[Main Cabin]

Waterstrider's continued abnormal behaviour does nothing to alleviate Renetta's worry. "He's only here to help. You can trust him." She whispers in the wolfen's ear while continuing to stroke his fur in what she hopes is a calming fashion.

11. - Top - End - #161
    Troll in the Playground

Outside the Main Cabin

Quote Originally Posted by Lex-Kat View Post
    Caroline nods and sits down, crossing her legs, yoga style. She waits to be told what to do next.
    Quinn sits as well, taking a deep breath, and then beginning to coach Caroline into how to clear her mind and meditate, to reach her inner self!

Literally, in this case.

Inner Circle
    Spoiler
    Show

Werewolf Games
    Spoiler
    Show
    Games Won: 5
    Ashna and Brendan dolls by Recaiden
    BR by Dr. Bath

BR's Bag o' Nuts · The Russkijs · Bushrangers explained
    Homebrew
    Condiments · Pianos · Tumbleweeds · Drow Bloodline · Half-Drow Noble · Lacy Items

12. - Top - End - #162
    Ogre in the Playground

[Main Cabin]

Irene sticks around to watch, just in case.
    Spoiler
    Show
    -Nyahahaha~
    Tale as old as thread
    Reinholdt was the Beast
    Reinholdt had already told the truth once in that post, and therefore was over his annual quota.

13. - Top - End - #163
    Troll in the Playground

Outside the Main Cabin

Quote Originally Posted by The Bushranger View Post
    Quinn sits as well, taking a deep breath, and then beginning to coach Caroline into how to clear her mind and meditate, to reach her inner self!

Literally, in this case.
    Caroline takes deep breaths and tries to calm herself. She clears her mind.....

And then Quinn will hear an unbecoming sound coming from Caroline's direction, followed by a light thump. When she looks, Caroline will be sleeping.

14. - Top - End - #164

[Main Cabin]

Rae lets the energy that was sustaining the scan dissipate. He begins waving his left hand back and forth gently, the blue glow staying where his hand passes. Oh, there's someone watching him hopefully, there's no way he'll let anything stop him now. He takes a deep breath, and begins speaking. The words should be heard in whatever language the listener will understand most clearly. It's actually every language at once, but the brain should pick up on the ones it would understand much more than the ones it doesn't. <"She's telling the truth,"> he's talking about Lily, but the statement works just as well for Rinetta. <"I'm here just to help. I can relieve the pain, or whatever else, pretty easily. I'm an avatar of hope, and there is a lot of hope for you here. I can only help if you'll let me, though."> Rae sits down, and holds his glowing hand out. He doesn't do much more, it's pretty obvious that he wants Waterstrider to touch his hand.
    I made comics!
    Spoiler
    Show

[/URL]
    My Awards

15. - Top - End - #165
    Ogre in the Playground

Main Cabin

Since his mind is in an animal state, he only understands how a wolf communicates, which is through scents and body language such as posture, position of ears, teeth, and tail. That means all he hears is a mess of sounds that hurt his ears.

To Waterstrider, the scene is a complex mess which his nose picks out. Everyone but the New-Man smelled extensively of fear, despair, and worry. New-Man smelled strange, obviously unnatural. However, Small-Female-Cub and Mother-Soon were trying to keep him calm.

Due to their efforts, instead of snarling and snapping at Rae's hand, he instead crawls backwards a bit, teeth still bared and growling, but ears not as aggressive as they were.
    Last edited by UncleWolf; 2011-10-26 at 06:34 PM.

16. - Top - End - #166
    Troll in the Playground

[Outside the Main Cabin]

Quinn...

...can't help but giggle a little.
    And she'll try to pick Caroline up to carry her to the Infirmary.

Inner Circle
    Spoiler
    Show

Werewolf Games
    Spoiler
    Show
    BR by Dr. Bath

Homebrew
    Condiments · Pianos · Tumbleweeds · Drow Bloodline · Half-Drow Noble · Lacy Items

17. - Top - End - #167
    Ogre in the Playground

[Outside the Main Cabin]

Vincent eeps and hurries after them, shouting at Quinn.
    "What'd you do?! I thought you only wanted to talk to her?!"
    Spoiler
    Show
    -Nyahahaha~
    Tale as old as thread
    Reinholdt was the Beast

18. - Top - End - #168
    Troll in the Playground

Main Cabin

Lily smells less of fear than the rest. She wasn't at any point today tied up by slavers, hiding in a closet, or worrying for a child, so she's better off than the rest of her family. Rae's hope aura is working better on her than the rest, and besides she has rock solid faith in Waterstrider. She kisses his muzzle and whispers in his ear "I love you."

― Dorothy Parker

Show
    Ext. Sig.
    PCs

19. - Top - End - #169
    Ogre in the Playground

[Main Cabin]

Renetta continues stroking his fur and whispering comforting words in his ear. There's not much more she can do at this point. She just hopes he'll let Rae help him.

20. - Top - End - #170

[Main Cabin]

Rae sighs. He's pretty good at determining body language, even if he lacks the necessary wolfy appendages to communicate back effectively. "Well, this is going to be a little harder than that, I guess." He thinks for a few feconds, and comes up with an idea! He stops the waving of his hand, and the calming aura. His ring still glows faintly, but he can't really stop that. His wings flare up for a moment, and then settle against him again, those should work well enough for ears, and he keeps his mouth closed, though his smile is still there. He bows his head to Waterstrider. Hopefully he sees this as submission. Any unnatural scent around him, besides the slight difference of him being half-angel, should be gone, with no fear or aggression even without the aura. Only pure, natural hope. He's good at that.
    I made comics!
    Spoiler
    Show

[/URL]
    My Awards

21. - Top - End - #171
    Troll in the Playground

[Outside the Main Cabin]

Quote Originally Posted by The Bushranger View Post
    Quinn...

...can't help but giggle a little.
    And she'll try to pick Caroline up to carry her to the Infirmary.
    Caroline is easily carried to the infirmary.

22. - Top - End - #172
    Ogre in the Playground

Main Cabin

Unforunately, wings aren't ears. What Waterstrider sees changes from an oddly shaped man, to one that is suddenly much bigger than before, and much more frightening. Even so, it seems that the calming effect finally seems to start doing it's job, as the aggression seems to leave him. Instead, he begins whimpering and whining in fear, staying as low to the ground as possible, teeth chittering, tail low to the ground, ears fallen, and eyes searching for a way out. Even though he could easily escape, he doesn't move because of the two at his side.

It's probable that Rae can do what he wants at this point now.

23. - Top - End - #173
    Ogre in the Playground

Main Cabin - Some other time ()

Abigail is currently sitting at the table, with a bunch of...

... well, they look like grey... revolver cylinders?

In any case, she's holding one, and is currently loading cartridges into it. Chiquita is watching her in interest, but if anyone wants to ask what she's doing, feel free.
    Last edited by horngeek; 2011-10-26 at 07:36 PM.

Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Revlid View Post
    And so it was that Zaeed, Aang, Winry, Ezio, Sadoko and Snow White all set out on their epic journey to destroy The Empire.

God I love Exalted.

Gold Dragon avatar by Serpentine

24. - Top - End - #174

[Main Cabin]

Rae sighs. Whoops. Oh well, fear isn't that good, but it's better than aggression, he guesses. He'll slowly reach to put his hand on Waterstrider's head, focusing the hope for him in this room to the task of relieving the pain and exhaustion Waterstrider is feeling. There should definitely be enough hope for that simple task, even without a Green Lantern around.

((Deadtime for a while))
    Last edited by Rae Artemi; 2011-10-26 at 07:30 PM.
    I made comics!
    Spoiler
    Show

[/URL]
    My Awards

25. - Top - End - #175
    Ogre in the Playground

Main Cabin

Waterstrider shakes and cowers the entire time, but doesn't snap at the hand. When all the pain is gone though, he continues to cower. He knows the pain is gone, but doesn't understand why or how it happens.

26. - Top - End - #176
    Ogre in the Playground

[Main Cabin]

"You're doing good, Waterstrider. It's okay." Renetta says in the most comforting voice she can muster.

27. - Top - End - #177
    Halfling in the Playground

Cabin 8

Naitiri nods, a little disappointed, but not discouraged. "Well, thank you for your hospitality at least. I suppose I'll have to just ask around."
    My avatar was done by Gullara. Thanks again!

"If you meet a spirit walking,
    Incline your head.
    Do not meet their gaze.
    Do not follow after."

-Things Our Mothers Tell Us

Nexus Characters

28. - Top - End - #178
    Troll in the Playground

[Outside the Main Cabin>Infirmary]

Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Lex-Kat View Post
    [Outside the Main Cabin]

Caroline is easily carried to the infirmary.

"She fell asleep," Quinn explains levelly to Vincent, with a smile.

Jamie, meanwhile, heads to the...

Main Cabin

Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by horngeek View Post
    Main Cabin - Some other time ()

Abigail is currently sitting at the table, with a bunch of...

... well, they look like grey... revolver cylinders?

In any case, she's holding one, and is currently loading cartridges into it. Chiquita is watching her in interest, but if anyone wants to ask what she's doing, feel free.

...where she walks in and pauses, watching Abigail and Chiquita!

Cabin 8

Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Murkus View Post
    Naitiri nods, a little disappointed, but not discouraged. "Well, thank you for your hospitality at least. I suppose I'll have to just ask around."

"Not a problem." Shrike smiles broadly. "Would you like some more coffee? You're welcome to stay and chat, if you like."

Inner Circle
    Spoiler
    Show

Werewolf Games
    Spoiler
    Show
    BR by Dr. Bath

Homebrew

29. - Top - End - #179
    Ogre in the Playground

Abigail looks up as she enters. "Hey there, Jamie. What's up?"

Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Revlid View Post
    And so it was that Zaeed, Aang, Winry, Ezio, Sadoko and Snow White all set out on their epic journey to destroy The Empire.

God I love Exalted.

Gold Dragon avatar by Serpentine

30. - Top - End - #180
    Troll in the Playground

"Nothing much. I'm worried about Caroline, though, but mom's taking care of her. Whatcha up to?"

Jamie walks over for a better look, giving the Ralts a friendly wave and smile.

Inner Circle
    Spoiler
    Show

Werewolf Games
    Spoiler
    Show
    BR by Dr. Bath

Homebrew