New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 7 of 51 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161732 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #181
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: {Nexus} Good League of Good LXXVII: Earth Vampires DON'T Sparkle!

[Infirmary]

"Just like that?"
    Vincent watches Quinn suspiciously with narrow eyes. It doesn't help that in all likelihood Quinn is the final boss. Course she has to pull off something sneaky on the heroes first.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Magtok View Post
    Gods, Reinholdt was right, a hundred percent right.
    Spoiler
    Show
    -Nyahahaha~
    Quote Originally Posted by Supagoof View Post
    Tale as old as thread
    And you find yourself dead
    Reinholdt was the Beast
    Quote Originally Posted by Philistine View Post
    Reinholdt had already told the truth once in that post, and therefore was over his annual quota.

2. - Top - End - #182
    Ogre in the Playground

Chiquita cautiously waves back!

Abigail grins. "Preparing cartridges. They basically contain magical energy under high pressure, which I can use for extra power in a spell. They need to be prepared, though, which is a bit of a pain. The Cartridge System is one of the hallmarks of the magic of Ancient Belka, although it's recently been adapted to the Mid-Style system of magic."

Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Revlid View Post
    And so it was that Zaeed, Aang, Winry, Ezio, Sadoko and Snow White all set out on their epic journey to destroy The Empire.

God I love Exalted.

Gold Dragon avatar by Serpentine

3. - Top - End - #183
    Troll in the Playground

"Oooh, I see."
    Jamie really doesn't.
    "So...basically...you're preparing spells, more or less?"

Inner Circle
    Spoiler
    Show

Werewolf Games
    Spoiler
    Show
    Games Won: 5
    Ashna and Brendan dolls by Recaiden
    BR by Dr. Bath

BR's Bag o' Nuts · The Russkijs · Bushrangers explained
    Homebrew
    Condiments · Pianos · Tumbleweeds · Drow Bloodline · Half-Drow Noble · Lacy Items

4. - Top - End - #184
    Ogre in the Playground

Abigail shakes her head. "No. Spells work- mostly- perfectly well without a cartridge. What the Cartridge System does is increases the amount of energy I can put into a particular spell. Or, if a spell's too energy intensive to fire off normally, they allow me to use it.

The way both the Ancient Belkan and Mid-chan systems work, spells can be fired off spontaneously."

{{Unfortunately, I need to do some housework right now...

Post and I'll get back to you when I can.}}

Spoiler
    Show
    And so it was that Zaeed, Aang, Winry, Ezio, Sadoko and Snow White all set out on their epic journey to destroy The Empire.

God I love Exalted.

5. - Top - End - #185
    Halfling in the Playground

Cabin 8

"Certainly. You could say GLoG's my little project for the day, so..." Naitiri will hand her empty cup back to Shrike, provided she'll take it. "Can you think of anyone who might be interested in our services?" A question for both the Exalt's, really.
    My avatar was done by Gullara. Thanks again!

"If you meet a spirit walking,
    Incline your head.
    Do not meet their gaze.
    Do not follow after."

-Things Our Mothers Tell Us

Nexus Characters

6. - Top - End - #186
    Troll in the Playground

[Cabin 8]

Shrike accepts the cup, and goes to refill it!
    "Hmm. Well, none come immediately to mind, but you might talk to Reinholdt."
    Then he really would have nine lives!

====

[Main Cabin]

Jamie listens intently!
    "So...boosters, then. Like energy drinks, except, for magic instead of you, right?"

Inner Circle
    Spoiler
    Show

Werewolf Games
    Spoiler
    Show
    BR by Dr. Bath

Homebrew
    Condiments · Pianos · Tumbleweeds · Drow Bloodline · Half-Drow Noble · Lacy Items

7. - Top - End - #187

Cabin 8

"Is he one of the members?" Naitiri is clearly more curious about why he would need a clone or two. Mostly looking to make money off the cat.

Incline your head.
    Do not meet their gaze.
    Do not follow after."

Nexus Characters

8. - Top - End - #188
    Troll in the Playground

[Cabin 8]

"Redeemee, actually. But he seems to repeatedly get into trouble. Probably because he's a cat, and therefore curious."
    Shrike chuckles, handing over the coffee.

Inner Circle
    Spoiler
    Show

Werewolf Games
    Spoiler
    Show
    BR by Dr. Bath

Homebrew

9. - Top - End - #189

[Cabin 8]

"A cat? You must be joking." Naitiri says, confused. They're joking. Of course. There's no such thing as a talking cat.

Perhaps Tina should have explained a little better.

Incline your head.
    Do not meet their gaze.
    Do not follow after."

Nexus Characters

10. - Top - End - #190
    Troll in the Playground

[Cabin 8]

Maaaaaaaaaaybe.

"Well, sometimes he's a cat. Sometimes he's a Flaming Hawt catboy. If you're into that sort of thing." Shrike shrugs!

Inner Circle
    Spoiler
    Show

Werewolf Games
    Spoiler
    Show
    BR by Dr. Bath

Homebrew

11. - Top - End - #191

[Cabin 8]

"Last time I checked, people can't turn into cats." Naitiri arches a brow, half amused and half confused.

Incline your head.
    Do not meet their gaze.
    Do not follow after."

Nexus Characters

12. - Top - End - #192
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by The Bushranger View Post
    [Main Cabin]

Jamie listens intently!
    "So...boosters, then. Like energy drinks, except, for magic instead of you, right?"
    "That's... actually a pretty good example. Of course, like energy drinks, you can hurt yourself if you overdo it.

Also, you need a Device of some sort to use it. Otherwise you don't have a way to release the energy. On the other hand, anyone in my multiverse who actually takes part in magical combat has a Device, so..."
    Last edited by horngeek; 2011-10-27 at 05:45 AM.

Spoiler
    Show

God I love Exalted.

13. - Top - End - #193
    Barbarian in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Lex-Kat View Post
    [Forest]

Well, it looks like there has been a fight here. Vidalia will try to follow any trail that is obvious. But, she's not a tracker, so could easily lose it if it's not footsteps. We may need to find a tracker of some kind. she says to the remaining two.

Then she notices Misaki is gone. Where'd the little one go? she asks, worried.
    For the record - there's no clear trail anywhere, although a lot of tree stumps.
    Recaiden made the mime doll.

Spoiler: Nexus Characters
    Show

14. - Top - End - #194
    Titan in the Playground

[Infirmary]

Alright. I should probably go get some rest. Do you know what's going on in the Main Cabin? She getsures with her head towards the window.

[Mushroom Cabin]

He is! Brinika nods. Do you want to hold him? She holds out the cat for Misaki. Oh, and he can write!
    My FFRP characters. Avatar by Ashen Lilies. Sigatars by Ashen Lilies, Gullara and Purple Eagle.
    Interested in the Nexus FFRP setting? See our Discord server.

15. - Top - End - #195
    Bugbear in the Playground

[Infirmary]

"No I don't know anything. It just seems someone is hurt. But Rae got over there and his blue LANTERN ring is able to help."
    Grammer is my declared deadly enemy!

Let's PLay's in German Take a Look at Bravely Default.

Nexus Characters: LINK

16. - Top - End - #196
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Rae Artemi View Post
    [Main Cabin]

Rae sighs. Whoops. Oh well, fear isn't that good, but it's better than aggression, he guesses. He'll slowly reach to put his hand on Waterstrider's head, focusing the hope for him in this room to the task of relieving the pain and exhaustion Waterstrider is feeling. There should definitely be enough hope for that simple task, even without a Green Lantern around.

((Deadtime for a while))
    Quote Originally Posted by Wolfbane View Post
    Main Cabin

Waterstrider shakes and cowers the entire time, but doesn't snap at the hand. When all the pain is gone though, he continues to cower. He knows the pain is gone, but doesn't understand why or how it happens.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gulaghar View Post
    [Main Cabin]

"You're doing good, Waterstrider. It's okay." Renetta says in the most comforting voice she can muster.

"You are brave and strong,"
    Lily tells him, echoing what he had often whispered to her in the slave caravan. She tries to remember the rest - oh yes, he had reminded her how much her mommy and daddy loved her. "You are brave and strong and all of us love you very much."

Tito, Lily's 8 year old brother, looks at Rae. "Can you make his paw grow back?"
    Last edited by happyturtle; 2011-10-27 at 10:15 AM.
    My avatar! Isn't it just utterly diabolical? Ashen Lilies made it!

"Money cannot buy health, but I'd settle for a diamond-studded wheelchair."
    ― Dorothy Parker

Spoiler: Interested in Nexus FFRP? Newcomers welcome!
    Show
    FFRP Faqs |Nexus Faqs | Nexus IRC Chat
    We're friendly! Join the fun!
    Ext. Sig.
    PCs

17. - Top - End - #197
    Orc in the Playground

Main Cabin

Oddball followed Jamie, and now he's smiling at Chiquita. He cautiously attempts to approach. He doesn't want to startle her, like he did last time.

It might be noted that he's not paying much attention to his surroundings, nor looking for possible threats. Normally, he has to be asleep for that to happen.
    Terrowin Avatar by HappyTurtle. Much thanks!

18. - Top - End - #198
    Troll in the Playground

[Mushroom Cabin]

Misaki takes the cat from Brinika, petting the cat gently. "he can? He's a smart kitty! Yes, you are!" Her voice has that saccharine sweet tone to it that people get when addressing tiny babies and animals.

19. - Top - End - #199
    Bugbear in the Playground

[Main Cabin]

Rae is asked a question! "I'm afraid that I probably cannot. If I had the paw and the wound was a little fresher, than maybe. I'll see if I can think of something while I work though." Rae also smiles at Lily. What she's doing is great, and is helping Waterstrider a lot more than she probably thinks, fueling Rae's ring and all that. But back to the problem at hand.

The physical problems, or most of them, resolved, Rae moves on to the mental. He begins scanning the brain, looking for something that he can try to grasp on to that is not purely animal. When and if he finds something, that's when the real work will begin.

[Mushroom Cellar]

Trilby is passed! And pet! i am a pretty smart kitty! he writes on the ground with a piece of Gray chalk from under his hat! and you have ears and a tail like me!
    I made comics!
    Spoiler
    Show

[/URL]
    Crae is the bestest daddy,
    I make avatars, all you have to do is ask, and I'll do it if I can.
    My Awards
    I've got a Formspring, ask me questions if you want.

20. - Top - End - #200
    Troll in the Playground

{Center of GLoG}

Seeing that no one volunteers to help them, Vidalia shrugs her shoulders at Butler and Reelshka. Well, we could always go to NO, see if we can hire someone from there to help us.

Unless one of you has a better suggestion?

Lexington III, my Brute. Inner Circle. ! Melody

21. - Top - End - #201
    Ogre in the Playground

Main Cabin

Waterstrider burrows his head into Renetta's lap, trying to hide himself from the strange powers that are trying to wash over him. Rae won't find any part of his mind that's un-animal at the moment.

22. - Top - End - #202
    Troll in the Playground

{Infirmary}

Caroline wakes up some time later. Mmmm. Where am I? she says, rubbing her eyes.

23. - Top - End - #203
    Troll in the Playground

[Cabin 8]

Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Murkus View Post
    [Cabin 8]

"Last time I checked, people can't turn into cats." Naitiri arches a brow, half amused and half confused.

"Your sister didn't tell you too much about the way things are here, did she?" Shrike sounds decidedly amused. "Basically, you should get used to forty-two impossible things before breakfast."

===

[Main Cabin]

Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by horngeek View Post
    "That's... actually a pretty good example. Of course, like energy drinks, you can hurt yourself if you overdo it.

Also, you need a Device of some sort to use it. Otherwise you don't have a way to release the energy. On the other hand, anyone in my multiverse who actually takes part in magical combat has a Device, so..."
    Quote Originally Posted by Earl of Purple View Post
    Main Cabin

Oddball followed Jamie, and now he's smiling at Chiquita. He cautiously attempts to approach. He doesn't want to startle her, like he did last time.

It might be noted that he's not paying much attention to his surroundings, nor looking for possible threats. Normally, he has to be asleep for that to happen.

"Ooh, I see. So, basically, they wouldn't work for me then," Jamie observes.

Then giggles a little as she notices Oddball watching Chiquita!

[Infirmary]

(Sorry Rein, missed your post before)

Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Reinholdt View Post
    [Infirmary]

"Just like that?"
    Vincent watches Quinn suspiciously with narrow eyes. It doesn't help that in all likelihood Quinn is the final boss. Course she has to pull off something sneaky on the heroes first.

Quote Originally Posted by Lex-Kat View Post
    {Infirmary}

Caroline wakes up some time later. Mmmm. Where am I? she says, rubbing her eyes.

"Yes, just like that. The poor thing's exhausted," Quinn says, before setting Caroline into an Infirmary bed and letting her rest!

...hurrying over when she wakes up.
    "You're in the Infirmary, dear - you fell sound asleep."

Inner Circle
    Spoiler
    Show

Werewolf Games
    Spoiler
    Show
    BR by Dr. Bath

Homebrew

24. - Top - End - #204
    Ogre in the Playground

[Main Cabin]
    "Ooh, I see. So, basically, they wouldn't work for me then," Jamie observes.

Then giggles a little as she notices Oddball watching Chiquita!
    Abigail chuckles at Chiquita notices Oddball, and looks back, wide-eyed!

Then she takes a gem out. "Okay, Stulpe. Time to test these. Set up, please?"

The gem pulses. Jawohl!

Then, in a flash of light, transforms into a gauntlet and vambrace on Abigail's right hand!

Spoiler
    Show

God I love Exalted.

25. - Top - End - #205
    Ogre in the Playground

[Infirmary]

"Hmmmmmmmmmmm..." Vincent watches Quinn carefully, but doesn't do anything with Caroline waking up. He's hoping they can go home soon and get a real doctor to look at her.
    For a second opinion.
    Just in case.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Magtok View Post
    Gods, Reinholdt was right, a hundred percent right.
    Spoiler
    Show
    -Nyahahaha~
    Quote Originally Posted by Supagoof View Post
    Tale as old as thread
    And you find yourself dead
    Reinholdt was the Beast
    Quote Originally Posted by Philistine View Post
    Reinholdt had already told the truth once in that post, and therefore was over his annual quota.

26. - Top - End - #206
    Troll in the Playground

[Main Cabin]

No doubt Tobias would have something to say about German-speaking bracelets.
    As it is, though, Jamie watches with fascination!
    "Wow, that's cool!"

Inner Circle
    Spoiler
    Show

Werewolf Games
    Spoiler
    Show
    BR by Dr. Bath

Homebrew

27. - Top - End - #207
    Ogre in the Playground

All Belkan Devices speak German, for some reason.

...and Mid-Style Devices speak English.

"It is, isn't it?

Stulpe, test cartridges."

Jawohl!

A port opens in the vambrace, and Abigail slips in one of the cylinders. A second passes, before the gem (which is now set into the gauntlet) pulses, as a chime sounds. Abigail grins. "Well, that's that done.

Of course, we could always try getting you a Device yourself..."

Abigail chuckles jokingly.

Spoiler
    Show

God I love Exalted.

28. - Top - End - #208
    Troll in the Playground

[Main Cabin]

"Oooh, that would be cool too...I'm not sure it'd work, though. What with how my magic is," Jamie explains.

Inner Circle
    Spoiler
    Show

Werewolf Games
    Spoiler
    Show
    BR by Dr. Bath

Homebrew

29. - Top - End - #209
    Ogre in the Playground

"Yeah, that's a good point... on the other hand, they worked around the unholy combination of Mid-Style and Belkan Magic my Linker Core was built for, so..."

Spoiler
    Show

God I love Exalted.

30. - Top - End - #210
    Troll in the Playground

[Infirmary]

"Yes, just like that. The poor thing's exhausted," Quinn says, before setting Caroline into an Infirmary bed and letting her rest!

...hurrying over when she wakes up.
    "You're in the Infirmary, dear - you fell sound asleep."
    Quote Originally Posted by Reinholdt View Post
    "Hmmmmmmmmmmm..." Vincent watches Quinn carefully, but doesn't do anything with Caroline waking up. He's hoping they can go home soon and get a real doctor to look at her.
    For a second opinion.
    Just in case.
    Doctor Quinn, Will I be alright to go home? I promise to come back tomorrow for training. Caroline sits up, but sways a little as she sits there. I just wanna sleep in my own bed.