New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 11 of 54 FirstFirst ... 2345678910111213141516171819202136 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #301
    Troll in the Playground

Default Re: AvB - The adventures of Scribly

Spoiler
    Show
    Wow, this is amazing!!

Quite satisfied with himself, Scribly goes to the big Inn on the townsquare and treats himself to a nice meal and drink.

I wonder when the news will get around. Tomorrow, I will go and see my employer.
    Last edited by Moranica; 2012-01-27 at 07:14 AM.
    "Reality is merely an illusion, albeit a very persistent one."

2. - Top - End - #302
    Firbolg in the Playground

The Sad Flint welcomes all in its warm interior and as the weather is extremely cold, it has just started to snow, Scribly is happy to be inside.

Much like last time there is already activity inside. The Half-Giant bartender is chatting away with a young man dressed in full plate armor and there are a score of the usual strange patrons including a green hued halfling chatting with a human while they are eating breakfast, a group of 4 gnomes dressed in military clothes drinking and a few more normal patrons.
    AvB has come and gone. Its spirit still lives on in the few active threads...

3. - Top - End - #303
    Troll in the Playground

Scribly makes himself comfortable and enjoys a quite evening, listening for some rumors, but nothing more. He then checks in for a room and goes to sleep early.

The next day, he heads for his employer.

4. - Top - End - #304
    Troll in the Playground

Scribly makes himself comfortable and enjoys a quite evening, listening for some rumors, but nothing more. He then checks in for a room and goes to sleep early.

The next day, he heads for his employer.

5. - Top - End - #305

Spoiler
    Show

Hearing rumors = gather info check :D

He is charged 4 gold for a private room and depending on the roll he learns some stuff (will update when you roll).

His day passes rather uneventfully. Noone bursts in calling out that the man is dead and noone comes to arrest him. The time passes easily and the night is restful.

On his way to his employer he sees that Aldhaven is covered in white and many children are running around in the streets throwing snow at each other. The yellow snow created by stray dogs and horses is also something perhaps less enjoyable...

Eventually he arrives at his employers house and is greeted by the servants.

Spoiler
    Show

Not sure if you are using the some face as when you first came here!

6. - Top - End - #306
    Troll in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show
    Gather info (1d20+1)[17]

And no, he was another look. Of course, when he headed to his employer, he switched back to his original look.
    Last edited by Moranica; 2012-01-28 at 08:09 AM.

7. - Top - End - #307

He learns that the city has deployed forces in the docks to retake the area and restore piece and that a recently arrived mercenary company is involved in the action.

He also hears that an influential noble has been arrested though noone knows the reasons but it is somehow related to the fact that the Captain of the Guard has been removed from his position and an interim captain appointed.

In the slums some kind of blood sport that does not actually involve death has started becoming popular and there is mention of an arena of shorts.

That represents the majority of -juicy- rumors that he overhears.

He arrives at the house and is shown in by the servants that recognise him. He is lead without much delay to the study and he finds his employer looking outside the window with a glass of wine in his hands.

"Ah mr Scribly. Welcome back. What news do you bring me?"

8. - Top - End - #308

Post Re: AvB - The adventures of Scribly

Spoiler
    Show

Not sure if it shows or not as I got two 500 messages in a row... bump just in case.

9. - Top - End - #309
    Troll in the Playground

"Good news, as I'm sure you've heard. Can I congratulate the new council city man here?", Scribly says with a smile.

10. - Top - End - #310

"I have not yet heard from the official channels but practically yes. The dear Erek did not show up at the nomination and I also hear he caused a scene at the Aldermans house..." he smiles.

"I expect the envoy of the council any moment to be honest. There is also the rumor that something happened to Erek, and I assume that was your handywork, but I did not wish to prove too eager to know just yet... perhaps you can fill me in with the details?"

11. - Top - End - #311
    Troll in the Playground

"Well yes, I might be able to shed some light on that. The poor man couldn't contain his love for Lady Regira any longer and when the alderman told him he wouldn't stand a chance, he broke down. He left in turmoil and drank for several days after which he hanged himself."

"A tragic story really. I have some of the strange green blood I told you about earlier. Perhaps you can have it examined to shed more light on the man."

Scribly hands him the piece of bedding with the blood.

"Now, about my payment." Scribly smiles.

12. - Top - End - #312

Spoiler
    Show

In true evil genius way he smiles at the mention of reward.

"Certainly" he says and at that precise moment 6 men dressed as the Royal Guard enter.

"Take him away gentlemen. He is a murderer!"

For a moment you are worried as he gives you a wolfish smile but that is dispelled when he walks away from the window and to his desk and opens the top drawer.

He takes out 3 pouches. The first contains 50 platinum, the second 500 gold and the third contains 2750 story XP and 900 combat XP

"I believe we had agreed on 1500 gold out of which you received 500 as a prepayment. Overall I can say a job well done Mr Scribly... I am please and satisfied and you can leave details of how I can contact you with my man downstairs. I dont see a reason to keep paying a fee to the Sad Flint no that I have my man for that kind of work!" he says with a smile.

"And do remember that you have to return there and state we have finished our contract..." he explains as he sits down and offers you a glass of wine as well.

"As for the green blood I will have it checked out but I care little now that everything is done!"

13. - Top - End - #313
    Troll in the Playground

Scribly readily accepts the payment.

"It was good doing business with you sir. And I would love to do business again in the future, though I do like the safety clause from the Sad Flint. We'd have to work something like that in of course. .... or increase the price."

"Anyway, you can leave notes for me at the Sad Flint, were I'll be staying for now. Sign them to Dramora, and I will find them. Good day to you sir!"

Scribly then heads over to the Sad Flint and finishes the contract. He also asks for information on a good spot to have magical items identified, the not so legally obtained type.

14. - Top - End - #314

He is shown in through the guarded door and the dwarf that you have met there asks you to sign a different paper. You see that it effectively says that your business with the employer is concluded and that you accept not to reveal information about the job itself but other than that are no longer tied or liable towards him.

The same does not apply about the Flint. The document still ensures that the confidentiality owed to the Sad Flint and the information you got from it are still secured.

You see that your employer has also already signed said document.

They inform you that there are two places that dont ask many questions, Ezekiels supplies just accross the street and Erbauer's Enchanted Devices and Dynamos.

The second tends to be cheaper but takes more time to fulfil requests

Spoiler
    Show

The reason being its run by Rizbans PC and some times he may be slow to respond but other than that its widely known that his prices for identifyinf and for actual magical items are unbeatable.

15. - Top - End - #315
    Troll in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show
    Will it also influence the result?

16. - Top - End - #316

Spoiler
    Show

Not sure what you mean.

Hagans store takes 50gp per identification while all other stores take 100gp.

Both Hagan and Ezekiel are known to trade with adventurers and as such rarely ask where items came from unless they are some kind of daemon infested swords etc :D

My point is that if you elect for Hagan it means you need to post in his store thread. I will PM him what the items you may want identified are and then he will respond back to you. Which may take a couple of days real life in order to save some gold.

When buying new items then definetly Hagans is a good option. The same for selling if you do so for credit in his store as he doesnt give gold for sold items only store credit which can be used for future purchases.

What the items actually are will not be influenced by where you take them of course!

17. - Top - End - #317
    Troll in the Playground

Scribly heads over to Ezekiels store to have the ring and locket identified, should they be magical in nature.

18. - Top - End - #318

Ezekiels store is full of adventuring gear for any kind of climate or environment. The place itself does directly sell magical items but Ezekiel explains that he has subcontracted a mage to work for him and can take particular orders.

In your case you wait there for an hour after paying the 100 gold and the items are returned along with a scribled note.

"The pendant is a class II locket of the double tongue and the ring is a ring of communication, currently it is only attuned to one more ring"

Spoiler
    Show

Mechanics

Locket of the double tongue:

Always on effects +2 on diplomacy and bluff -2 on sense motive and intimidate.
    3/day sanctuary swift activation (CL 3rd)

Market value 1350 gold

Ring of communication:

Can be attuned to any number of other similar rings. Once activated you can talk with the wearer of other rings if he is within 1 mile.

Market value 2000 gold

A thought occurs to Scribly that someone that knows Master Erek very well may actually wonder what happened to the two pieces of jewelery he ever wore...

19. - Top - End - #319
    Troll in the Playground

Right after, Scribly heads to Erbauer's Enchanted Devices and Dynamos store.

"Good day, sir. I've come to check out your wares. And also to sell this little gem. It's a ring of communication. The other half of the pair got lost, but I'm sure you can forge a new one. What can you offer me?"

Here in Erbauer's Enchanted Devices and Dynamos.

Bluff (1d20+14)[22]

Spoiler
    Show
    Mind if I head over the arena while doing some shopping? Need 750 xp to lvl 7.
    Last edited by Moranica; 2012-01-30 at 02:45 PM.

20. - Top - End - #320

Spoiler
    Show

I dont mind at all. But at the same time we can continue here. To facilitate things and not to break the timeline we can say that Scribly take 2 days to rest, lay low, sell the item, fight in the arena etc before returning back to active duty.

21. - Top - End - #321

Spoiler
    Show

I dont mind at all. But at the same time we can continue here. To facilitate things and not to break the timeline we can say that Scribly take 2 days to rest, lay low, sell the item, fight in the arena etc before returning back to active duty.

22. - Top - End - #322
    Troll in the Playground

Sounds good.

After a couple of days getting his business straight, scribly comes down for breakfast in the sad flint.

23. - Top - End - #323

This early the Flint is almost empty. Just the ever present half-giant barman is there wiping away at the bar and the two men guarding the entrance to that specific door.

24. - Top - End - #324
    Troll in the Playground

After having his breakfast, Scribly walks up to the guards.

"Good morning gents, I'm looking for a new job."

25. - Top - End - #325

"New job eh? I hear the porters guild is hiring" replies the one to the right.

"Alternatively you can check the guard. They always new meat to throw to the skulks and the hobs..." says the one to the left and grins.

You have the feeling that the process of going through the bartender is not something negotiable just because you have done it once...

26. - Top - End - #326
    Troll in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show
    Thought so.

"I see, I'll be back!"

Scribly then heads over to the bartender. "Hello there, I'm in need of a bit of new work. And I'm happy the sort of help your establishment offered me last time."

27. - Top - End - #327

"I still really really need a new dish washer boy... but I guess this joke is not as funny the second time. Order a fine drink, sit down relax a little and then tell Merk there that 'the goose is loose' and give him this nickel." he says as he puts a large dark beer in front of you and passes you a small bronze nickel.

28. - Top - End - #328

"I still really really need a new dish washer boy... but I guess this joke is not as funny the second time. Order a fine drink, sit down relax a little and then tell Merk there that 'the goose is loose' and give him this nickel." he says as he puts a large dark beer in front of you and passes you a small bronze nickel.

29. - Top - End - #329
    Troll in the Playground

Scribly obliges the man and has a very nice drink, albeit a very early one as well.

Having finished it, he heads over to the men at the door.

"Greetings, here you go." And he hands over the coin. "I heard the goose is loose."

30. - Top - End - #330

"Loose is she?" the one on the left asks and pockets the token.

"Go right in!" he says and opens the door for you.

Walking inside Scribly sees the same scene as before, dwarf, paperwork, staircases.

"Oh, you again? Well you know the deal. Sign the agreement and go right up!"