New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 13 of 54 FirstFirst ... 3456789101112131415161718192021222338 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #361
    Troll in the Playground

Default Re: AvB - The adventures of Scribly

"Why I'm so good? I have several ways of gathering info, without other people realizing it. Finding people is really easy, once you've gathered the information needed for it."

"Which makes me ask, who or what are you looking for?"
    "Reality is merely an illusion, albeit a very persistent one."

2. - Top - End - #362
    Troll in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show
    Apeareamus!

3. - Top - End - #363
    Firbolg in the Playground

"I am looking for an old friend of mine turned enemy. We had come to the city to make a name for ourselves some months ago and we grew apart. There were three of us... I, Humphrey Frye and Doran." he pauses for a moment as if the memory is too painful.

"Doran betrayed us. Or was turned against us somehow I dont know the details. Suffice to say that as soldiers of fortune we were only faithful to one another and to the money and yet Doran was swayed by a young maid who slowly corrupted him. He escaped with her and with the life of our last employer. And now we are alone and disgraced. Noone wants to hire sell-swords that kill their own boss and rob them you see and our talents, both mine and Humphreys are not in tracking and information gathering. As such we want you to find Doran and the girl."
    AvB has come and gone. Its spirit still lives on in the few active threads...

4. - Top - End - #364
    Troll in the Playground

"I see, I imagine why. Though if it's just work you're looking for, I'm sure something can be found. But first, let's discuss the job."

"You want this Doran found, and the girl, but only if she's with him? And then what happens? Or rather, what would you want to happen?"

"What leads do you have so far? Do you have something that belonged to him?"

5. - Top - End - #365

He seems annoyed at your continued questions and his hand is playing with the pommel of his sword in obvious frustration.

"We want you to just find them. Find them and come tell us where they are. What happens to them afterwards is our business. Maybe we ask you to help out with what is to happen to him, maybe we dont it depends..." he says.

"You can find him or her first if they are not together. If you find him you can tell us and we can make him tell us where she is. And the other way around off course. Primarily though we care about Doran. The girl is just for sport!" he says and grins again.

"As for leads... I thought we are hiring you to do the digging in this s*it-hole of a city! We can tell you what he usually looks like. We can tell you what clothes he had on him when we last saw him. We can tell you what the girl was wearing, what her name is and how she looks like. We can also tell you where they were last seen... and where our former employer was killed... all this is enough no?"

6. - Top - End - #366
    Troll in the Playground

"Enough information to get me started for sure. We still have to negotiate the price though. I'm not cheap and this sounds like he's a dangerous lad."

7. - Top - End - #367

"Dangerous? Maybe he is... foolish is the word I would choose... Just be careful he doesnt sting you with his little rapiers and you should be okay" he says with a grin.

"Did I mention he is a fool? Be nice to him and he will not even suspect a thing! Now you asked for money... whats your price?"

8. - Top - End - #368
    Troll in the Playground

"Alright, it's 500 to find the man, 300 for the girl. The man is more expensive because of the increased danger involved. Add another 100 per day needed to find him and it's a deal."

"Should I be forced to fight him, would you rather have him dead or alive and fugitive again?"

9. - Top - End - #369

He smiles.

"Done. Just as long as you dont take a month to find him. If you have nothing for a week come back to me. You can leave a message under the door in the building accross and it will get to me..." he tells you.

"Now if you find him... I doubt you can kill him but feel free to try. If you succeed even better for you, you can keep his stuff. The girl though... the girl we need alive as proof it wasnt us that betrayed the boss."

10. - Top - End - #370
    Troll in the Playground

"Alright, one dead body and a live girl coming up. Now where did he kill your employer?"

11. - Top - End - #371

He gives you all the information that he has.

He describes your target as a tall young human with dusty blonde hair and eyes cold blue-grey (much like his). He tells you that while they were all together he was dressing in fine leather and satin outfits along with cape and hood and of bright colors. His weapons of choice was a matched pair of sabers.

The girl, Ola, was just turned 18, golden hair and blue eyes and very pretty. She was dressed in a blue silk dress the last he had seen her. She was educated but didnt posssess any magical or other abilities as far as he knows.

The "boss" that was murdered was Enrilo Sonsu. A wealthy merchant of Old Town with his fingers in many different pies and some say the support of a powerful Duke. He was murdered in his house along with his wife and son and all eight servants. Ola, the girl, was his daughter. The house was also set on fire afterwards but not all was burned as Old Town had suffered a few fires recently and the people were ready to deal with that. He also tells you where exactly you can find the house.

12. - Top - End - #372
    Troll in the Playground

"Alright, thank, I will contact you when I've learned more."

Scribly heads for the bosses house.

13. - Top - End - #373

A while later, and a bit whitter as it starts snowing again, he arrives at the outskirts of Old Town. Asking around he gets directions towards the residence and heads there.

Noone is working to restore the house he finds there. What must have once been a proud three story high classic Aldhavenian building is now in ruins. The roof has collapsed on the third floor and part of the second floor is a gaping hole.

The small walled garden around it is covered in snow and pieces of debri included broken paintings, chairs and desks. It seems that after the fire looters had their way with the home as well.

Judging from the remains you can tell that it was probably the pride of the neighbourhood before it got burned down.

14. - Top - End - #374
    Troll in the Playground

Scribly walks around the neighbourhood, looking for any local rifraf to question. He also looks for lookouts and local bars that might have been a handout for the boss.

15. - Top - End - #375

There is traffic in the surrounding streets. Old Town is the most characterful of the districts of Aldhaven and old taverns and inns along with smaller stores and merchant stalls crowd the roads.

People of all creeds and races dont pay much attention to you as they go about their business wrapped tight in their clothes.

You see a couple of younger men sitting at the mouth of an alley near the burned out building and bothering the passing women and just idling.

A block down there road there is an old tavern called "The Fancy Pony"

16. - Top - End - #376
    Troll in the Playground

Scribly approaches the young man, while taking a slightly broader stance and more aggressive attitude.

"Hello there kids, I'd like to have a word with your boss."

Spoiler
    Show
    Bluff (1d20+12)[24]

17. - Top - End - #377

Spoiler
    Show

why bluff? You dont REALLY want to see their boss ;p ??

One of the two looks at you up and down and then shrugs.

"Who are you mister and what boss are you talking about? And maybe you should move a bit you are blocking the view..."

18. - Top - End - #378
    Troll in the Playground

"Well, surely you guys aren't here, outside in the cold, just for fun. Someone must be paying you. And since I'm in your view, most likely you're watching out for someone or something."

Scribly then shrugs.

"But anyway, perhaps you can help me as well. An old friend used to live in the burned down building over there, and I'm trying to look him up. .... He owes me money, you see. Any idea where I can find him?"

Spoiler
    Show
    Bluff (1d20+12)[16]

The bluff was for presuming to know their boss, should they have one.

19. - Top - End - #379

Spoiler
    Show

Can you tell me what Scribly looks like right now? Including clothes and weapons if any obvious ones.

They also shrug at your comment not yet convinced.

"We are our own men. Lets just say that if something interesting or someone interesting comes along we may know someone else that would care to know it but we dont really work for anyone but ourselves..." says the one that spoke out already.

The other one is not as easy going. He approaches closer to you and makes to push you as if annoyed by your tone and manner. He gets up in your face but in the end thinks better of it.

"If you had an old friend at the Sonsu estate then you best say a prayer for them. As far as I have heard it told not a single person made it out alive. Someone killed them and then burned the place down... if anyone had survived the killing they must have burned... even the old mans kid got the blade and the servants too!" he says seriously.

"Some say it was payback for the Jacks but none can know for sure..."

20. - Top - End - #380
    Troll in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show
    Human (male very average, standard robes, nothing fancy, wooden walking stick (non magical)

"What do you mean they died. .... They owed me money!! &^#$ I want back my money!"

Scribly does some muttering and can then be heard thinking out loud.

"Whoever did them in, must have my money."

"So, guys, any idea who did it? You said something about the Jacks?"

21. - Top - End - #381
    Troll in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show
    show my posts!!

22. - Top - End - #382

"Well... were they are now I doubt they are carrying any money at all!" he says with a snigger.

"Whats that information worth to you mister?" asks the other one making a motion of rubbing his fingers together.

23. - Top - End - #383
    Troll in the Playground

"Perhaps, a couple of gold pieces. But I doubt you have information that good."

24. - Top - End - #384

"Show us the shinny ones and you hear the tale!" he replies.

25. - Top - End - #385
    Troll in the Playground

Scribly digs up some goldcoins from his pocket, and tosses one of them to the man.

"Start talking."

[serious face]

26. - Top - End - #386

He grabs the coin and smiles.

"Well. You didnt hear it from us but the night of the fire a friend of a friend said he saw three strange looking fellas visiting the house. He didnt see them that well, it was night after all, but he said they were all dressed fine and looking like dandy's. Some time later the screaming came and then the fire. But from what I heard the only people found dead were the family, minus one daughter, and the servants... no fine dandies among the dead..."

"As for the Jacks" says the other one also hoping for some coin "... well if the Jacks did it then they met their fate alright. Some fancy marqueed agent along with the Guard and some say the Skulks, the Kobolds and the Korps took care of them from bottom rascal to top management..."

He is interrupted by the first guy again.

"In any case... for some good cash maybe I can bring you in touch with my buddy who saw them... maybe he remembers something more?"

27. - Top - End - #387
    Troll in the Playground

Scribly tosses each another coin.

"That's some information is usefull. If you could arrange a meeting, and it's worthwhile, you get 5 more."

28. - Top - End - #388

He shrugs.

"Five wont cut it. My friend is a busy man and if you are owed money you probably really need to learn who done it and where they are! So tell you what, keep your five and meet us tomorrow evening here with 100 gold, my friend has sharp eyes and I am sure you need the info he has got. I can set it up..."

29. - Top - End - #389
    Troll in the Playground

.... Scribly overthinks the proposal a bit. And then decides.

"Fine, I'll bring the 100, but he better have names and locations."

30. - Top - End - #390

The two young men smile widely.

"Fine, see you tomorrow then! Enjoy the rest of your day!" they see and set off.